Reviews of Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites 3 stars

1900 Stirling Road, Dania Beach, FL 33004, USA

#16 of 20 hotels in Dania Beach

I didn't like the noise because at the time they were renovating so they should let persons know before time and the suite room shower only had one door

The room was always clean ,cool and comfortable the breakfast was okay

I didn’t like the fact that we was place in a room that was not to standard.. broken table , hair in the bathroom looks as though it wasn’t clean and smell like mold.. the front desk lady was nice enough to move us to another room.. we did not receive maid service when ask why no one seem to be able to give us an answer.. instead a lot of towels was sent up to the room.. we did not wanted maid service on the second day so we place DND on door but then next day we remove it and no service was given..

It was very close to airport and shopping.

The room misses light. They recently changed the colors of the wall and the room is too dark. The hotel employee told me they already ordered lamps.

I liked the bed alot. It was not too soft. Slept vey well.

The HOTEL WAs under construction, which we did. Not find out until arrival. The hall and our Room especially smelled Of. Old, mikdew, pets and our bathroom tub HAD mold

The morning staff WAs friendly

There were two things that could be improved. 1. The room had a bad (something between sour and musty) odor coming from the A/C I believe and there were what looked like a bit of construction debree on the floor. This may be due to the last minute change in reservation and limited time to clean the room. Linens and towels were all fresh and clean as expected. 2. Small issue as it’s a free service: The shuttle didn’t arrive as expected due to some communication issues between the hotel and the independent shuttle company, and apparently there are multiple pickup locations at ft lauderdale. When they did arrive they were very friendly and extremely helpful even giving recommendations for dinner and providing free shuttle service to restaurant. I recommend keeping in communication with the hotel about shuttle pickup.

The location was super convenient, the shuttle was free, I booked the wrong night, but the staff changed it last minute and honored the price. The staff were very friendly and responsive. It made for a smooth trip.

Earlier time for breakfast.

Pool was small but nice. Room was nice. Breakfast was good but started a little late. My daughter had a volleyball tournament and had to be at venue at 7AM and breakfast didn't start till 7AM so she had to miss breakfast.

Staff were excellent, rooms large and comfortable. Very quiet despite being next to a highway. Free shuttle to the airport. Simple breakfast but good variety.

• King Suite with Roll in Shower

I requested two beds in the reservation, my room had one king and a sofa. The sofa was uncomfortable. My kids slept with us in the king.

The amability of the staff.

• King Suite - Disability Access

The smelled, it was dirty, mildew in the shower, house keeping showed up after a call for service at 7 PM.

Breakfast much better than expected. With friendly staff in attendance.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Smelled like weed everywhere. No easy public transport connection from MIA. Nothing easy to walk to without having to cross major highways.

Easy transfer to FLL. Great staff & free tasty breakfast.

I booked a room with 2 queen bed suite like, full kitchen, pool view, and high level. I got a room with only one bed and no kitchen. After complaining and waiting, I was moved to a different room but still not what I booked and paid for. The only thing was satisfied with was the 2 bed. But no stove, tiny fridge,no poko view, and room had a wired odor. I was told there was nothing they could do. Since I was tired, and too late to find another hotel I had no choice but to stay. I paid almost 400.00 for something I was very unhappy with. I should get some of my money back.

Location was fine

The carpet in the room was VERY dirty so I did not take my shoes off when I walked around the room (which I usually don’t at most hotels). And, the bottom of the shower curtain was moldy. They are in the middle of a renovation so maybe the carpet and the shower curtains will be replaced soon.

We needed a reasonable place to recollect after a vacation in the Keys. We had an early flight the next morning. This property was a great combination of price and location. We paid less than $150 and it was only 8 minutes to the airport. We were at the hotel for less than 18 hours so we were not worried about amenities.

Don't like that they charge a $20.00 incidental fee to your card that doesn't refund back to your card until days later.

The contenential breakfast, the bed was comfortable, and the shower temp was hot.

• King Room - Disability Access

Hotel on bookings states there is a shuttle from the airport. No where I could find when the shuttle runs. I new I would be arriving from Europe after 11:00PM and on 2 occasions sent messages through the booking website to clarify the shuttle info. These messages were relayed to the hotel but never got a response from the hotel. When I arrived and went to the shuttle pickup at the airport, no shuttle, called the hotel and was told shuttle stopped running at 10:00PM. Had to take a taxi, cost an additional $22.00 USD for the transportation. When I complained to the hotel of their lack of response and the lack of information about the shuttle schedule the response was less then adequate. If I had additional info at the time of booking the hotel, I probably would of chose a different hotel.

The room was large and the staff during the complimentary breakfast were very nice

The desk clerk was rude. The curtains in the room did not close to keep out the light. The shower did not have hot water. Seating was missing from the room.

The breakfast was good.

No hot water on May 4 at night and on May 5 in early morning - could not shower. Also, the AC unit in room blew warm air the entire time. I was going to request a new room but it was late and we were tired.

Pool, bed, bathroom were all nice. Staff at check in were very nice.

Few restaurants within walking distance.

Staff both helpful and knowledgeable. Shuttle service to both airport and cruise port. Breakfast served both cold and hot dishes.

It was over-priced. Absolutely no equivalent value for what I paid v. What we got. The rooms were only adequate, with bare amenities. The staff were indifferent and the breakfast staff were unapproachable. The towels and amenities and shower should have been nicer for what we paid a night. The food shouldn’t have been prepackaged cardboard for what I paid a night. And we rented 2 rooms. I will be looking elsewhere besides Best Western in the future for a much better value. The rooms cost as much as half of my cruise for one night when I got a week of luxury on the cruise line. Ridiculous.

i picked this hotel as it was advertised with a laundry facility and a resteraunt, however the laundry was not operating and there was no resteraunt other than for breakfast . I have made my complaint already and have not had any response other than that they are waiting to her from you. Also the bathroom was not very clean and the hotel could use some new linens

Room showed a need for deep cleaning. Carpet was not clean and old. Breakfast was was fine. Staff showed consideration and were very nice to us. Bathroom had no tissues and had holes in the wall where something had been removed. Probably a two and one half star.

When they changed our bedding it was stained up. Some guy that works there I don’t know if he was the manager or not but he seemed rude to me. I felt out of place there. I come here all the time and this was the worst stay ever.

The lady who checked us in was very nice

First room offered was not to our standard, have to request another room, which was facilitated.

Friendly staff. Readily have information about commuting to public transportation. Breakfast ok, needed more fruits. Helpful staff during breakfast period.

Hotel was filthy. Room was filthy. Toilet wouldn't flush. No water pressure in shower. Shower seat was falling out of the wall.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Close to the airport but so are several other hotels. Do yourself a favor and pick a different one.

No shower curtain - air conditioning didn’t work and staff unresponsive to fix - only two towels for a family of four. Very disappointing. Won’t stay here again.

It was very close to the airport and wasn’t 400.00 per night like other hotels.

Can’t comment on dislikes I didn’t spend much time in the room. The hotel could Have been a little cleaner.

The hotels location was ideal and coffe and tea were available 24 hours. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

The breakfast was not the best. The eggs were cold and had been sitting in the warmer for awhile.

staff was knowledgeable about things to do in the area. Told us about the water taxi near by in Hollywood and where the nearest beach was located. Really enjoyed the boardwalk in Hollywood.

The rooms where moldy, you could smell it as soon as you walked in the room. Our first room had mold on the white curtains and the white lamp shades by the bed. The room décor was out dated and old. The carpet was filthy, the bathroom had mold as well- it was fortunate for us that a K-mart was across the street, we went and purchased Bleach and Lysol to disinfect the room. The ice machine did not work on our floor and the elevators were a 5 to 10 minute wait mornings and midnight all times. For what we paid it was way over priced, due to an event in the city everything else was booked up so we had to stay. This hotel is a total rip off, I wouldn't advise anyone to stay there.

The morning breakfast was nice had a good variety of hot items.

• King Room - Disability Access

My shower nozzle was stuck so I had trouble turning it to switch it on for my shower in the morning. I called front desk to help and they advised me they would get the mechanic to come have a look. After 40 minutes of waiting and calling I got fed up. At this point I had just been hung up on by a very rude receptionist at front desk who did very little to help the situation. Eventually the shower got fixed. Bear in mind I had to get downstairs in time to have breakfast, check out and catch a shuttle to the airport for my connecting flight. OK hotel but if there are problems it seems you may have to do a lot of waiting and your problem may not be taken very seriously.

The size of the room and the bed was very comfortable. TV channels were fine. Entertaining for a one night stay. Central heating worked which was a bonus for me. Breakfast was OK. Not a huge selection but adequate. Loved that there was a fridge and microwave in the room. Many shops were close by also.

The musty odor especially in hallways. Just needs to be upgraded , beds could been softer, price kind of high for what you get for comfort.

Staff very friendly , great location near airport, complimentary shuttle & breakfast was good variety.

There were a few areas that would have been a bit more tidy, but it wasn't a big deal.

We had a 12 hour layover in Ft. Lauderdale so we chose Best Western as a quick place to lay our heads based on their price and reviews. We were glad we did... their beds were so comfortable. The ladies at the front desk were wonderful and very friendly. They even upgraded us to a suite. They had great recommendations on places to eat for dinner. We had to catch our plane early in the AM to we did not get to enjoy their breakfast, but the did give us a grab and go breakfast which was perfect.

Lack of Hotel transport early in the mornings. The extra money for Uber means that the other BW hotel at Cruise port would be better value for money.

Proximity to airport

The breakfast buffet was great.. Mattress very comfortable. Room smelled of mold, we were moved to another. The carpet is dirty and stained, place needs to be refurbished. Would not stay again.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Shuttle service stopped at 10:00 pm. Nowhere did it say this. We were left standing at the airport for over an hour before we called the hotel and were informed that the shuttle was no longer available. We were overcharged for the room, which would have been fair if it were really as described on the website.

Staff was OK

The front desk staff was very helpful when we needed to make phone calls to locate our missing cell phone. Thanks. A great place to stay before our cruise.

Nothing everything was fine

Friendly staff prompt service when call for a problem with the bathroom also the room was clean the bed comfortable the breakfast was wonderful

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

If the property is going to offer a kitchenette, then please provide all items for a kitchen. We only had a pan. We asked the front desk 2x for a pot and they said it was only available on a first come-first serve basis. This was annoying because we wanted to cook. The stove and the fridge weren't level either. Only one out of the two stove tops worked and that was after placing it correctly. It was also not level so it made cooking things a little difficult. Lastly, I'd suggest extending breakfast to 9:30am or 10am.

Right off I-95. Large breakfast area. Big lobby with a gift shop for small food and drink. The rooms had refrigerators and small stoves. Our room was huge with lots of space with the king sized bed and a sofa bed, along with a dresser and closet. The ceilings were also high. The fitness center was nice, as well. The business/computer lounge was also available to us. The breakfast each morning was great. The wifi was great for streaming and didn't require a separate log in screen. It also had ethernet ports if needed.

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The room we stayed in was dirty. It was the second room we moved to because I had requested a whirlpool tub and our first room which was also dirty, didn’t have one. I never set foot in the tub. I walked in flipflops because the rugs were stained. The windows were filthy. The white sheer curtains were black. I paid $230 to stay here. It was my anniversary. I was very disappointed.

cleanness, lack of amenities (no in-room slippers, bottled water, bathroom amenities, etc). I paid $160 per night but I did not find value for money.

Good location and large parking lot

Moldy shower, felt dirty after sleeping in beds,had to go down to desk to get our own towels, and no shades or curtains to keep bright street lights out of room. Way over priced.

Breakfast good,ate as we checked in, as they didn't serve breakfast at time we checked out.

we didnt eat the food, but everything else was good, except there was no fabric conditioner for the dryer left to purchase. Everything else was great for our requirements.

Quality of rooms were horrible and the attitude of a lady clerk her name I believe was Benny!!!!! I think she is a slim white petit w hair tied behind her head

Workers in kitchen were very cooperative and friendly food ok

The comfort of the Bed and the design of the. Room were great. It was a very spacious, clean room with a great view. The breakfast buffet had a variety of choices and the staff were extremely amicable.

The staff at this property was very pleasant and accommodating. The location was very close to where I wanted to be. These were the only positives about this property. I think I would have rather stay a little further out for a nicer property. The rooms were in desperate need of renovation. The bathroom left a lot to be desired. The filter for the air conditioner needed to be replaced. This could have made the room smell a little better. The bathroom showed signs of needing repair. It too needed a make over. If this had not been a holiday weekend when most hotels were booked I would have definitely moved to another hotel. The staff's pleasantness was not enough to want to stay there ever again. Who ever is responsible for the property should be absolutely ashamed.

If you want a clean place to stay this is not it. The only good thing might be location.

• King Suite with Roll in Shower

could be updated, maintained a little more. i agree with other reviewers that there is a musty smell in the room possibly from the AC unit, which didn't work very well. the bathroom shower was poorly designed and maintained.

roomy, easy to get to, lots of options in the area, easy to check in/out, staff friendly, shuttle to airport very convenient.

Noisy all evening. Breakfast eggs were cold and we were the first to have them when brought from kitchen. Cold scrambled eggs are awful...and no excuse for them.

Proximity to airport

There was a huge bright light outside my rooom window that shined in through the entire night. The bedroom bathroom is dated and the shower door was missing a section, therefore it could not be closed completely. As well the shower door slide was difficult to move and made that annoying sound when metal slides against metal

Everything was perfect. I couldn't have chosen a better hotel. A little expensive but I could see why. The rooms were exceptiona! The air conditioning system worked so good which was a plus for me! Very close to airport, freeway, shopping, and food. Breakfast was delicious, no complaints at all.

Dirty rugs. Old fitness equipment. Breakfast area dirty and crowded at very busy times when cruise ships are arriving and departing

Free airport shuttle

• King Room - Disability Access

The room, it was spacious but very dirty , dust everywhere, I could and did write my name in it! The curtains / nets were discoloured with nicotine and thick with dust. The room had a strong musty, unkempt smell URGENT NEED FOR DEEP CLEANING OR REVAMP.

The bed was comfy, Location was good and airport shuttle was a bonus. The shuttle departed on the hour , ever hour , however the mini van could only carry 10 people with luggage, the driver had to return to collect the additional guests. Suggest more frequent departure times at peak periods to avoid guest having to factor in delays due to overcrowding.

The smell in my room, dirty bathroom the room needed updating I found a previous guests list of medications which the cleaning people should have seen. Just not a place I would stay again.

The staff were very nice

• King Suite - Disability Access

The hotel kinda felt like a motel. We had read there was a free shuttle bus (our only real reason for booking this hotel) but learned on arrival at the airport, and only after calling the hotel because they hadn’t replied to an email about the service) that the shuttle bus stops running at 10pm (22hrs) our flight came in at 10.15pm so had to take a taxi. Reception staff polite but seemed indifferent to guests. Rooms tired and in need of a refurb, (some evidence of damp/mould on curtains and in bathroom) but otherwise clean. Breakfast was ok but nothing special; bacon and scrambled eggs (powdered) and fried potatoes, a small choice of cereal and fruits. For the price there are better hotels in the area

Good location in relation to Fort Lauderdale airport. It was a layover between flights for us to didn’t travel travel far. Good size room and bed.

The location, I asked the staff if it was safe to go out at night to get something to eat but they said it was not really that safe out there.

Everything was fine, clean room, nice staff, ...

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Disability Access

A glorified stopover, to & from Airport/Cruise port, so many people checking in/checking out, chaos. Not a comfortable experience. No dining, bar, lounge options for those there longer than just a sleepover+ breakfast, had to go out over a major highway to find anywhere to eat or drink. No room to sit in the breakfast room, sat in the lobby with a slice of toast! Not a relaxed end to our holiday.

Nice big bedroom

Would recommend that breakfast service time be posted in such common areas as elevators. We observed two individuals that arrived late to the breakfast area (about 20 minutes after closing). They were gracious to the staff and the staff was gracious also, but the individuals had misunderstood the stated time of service.

Staff were exceptional team of individuals. They were helpful and offered assistance before we even asked. As example they asked if we needed our boarding passes to be printed (we did).

• King Room - Smoking

Staff was rude and unwilling to accommodate any requests. Rooms were awful and smelled like smoke. The place is falling apart. There are no screens on the windows making it extremely dangerous for children.

The facility was above average in terms of cleanliness.

The ambiance was tolerable but not the best. The desk clerk was a complete disappointment. His customer service skills were dismal.

I didn't like the fact that we didn't a welcome bag when we checked in. I asked the front desk receptionist who checked us in, how come we didn't get a welcome bag, she said without a smile or apology, simply, "We don't have any welcome bags" As this was the first time going to a Best Western Hotel, as a Platinum guest, and not receiving a welcome bag, I was more than surprised. The next morning, I spoke with another employee from the front desk, she apologized and gave me a welcome bag. Now, I truly felt that I was in a Best Western Plus Hotel.

Our bed was very comfortable, no sagging in our mattress.

Has a weird smell in the rooms. Older property needs upgrades in the rugs and furniture

Clean and comfortable with good breakfast and great front desk.

• King Room - Disability Access

We are unable to think of anything at this moment that we didn't like about our stay.

We were very satisfied with the room and the employees. The breakfast was also, very good.

The carpets in the hallways and room were filthy. My bare feet turned black from walking on the room carpet from the bed to the bathroom. The hallway carpets looked as if they had not been vacuumed for a long, long time. Though we appreciated the shuttle to the airport, it did not run often enough and we had to wait at the airport for an hour to get a ride to the hotel.

Elevator was not working! Not their fault but huge inconvenience.

Nice facility. Clean and very easy to get to. Large rooms, nicely decorated. Very quiet even though right by highway.

• King Suite - Disability Access

Booked a suite and it really didn’t appear to be a suite. But we made it work for the night

Wonderful staff. Lots of customers and they didn’t miss a beat serving everyone at breakfast

Made various attempts via booking.com and Best Western website trying to contact the hotel to find out how and where to get the airport shuttle but never got a reply...not good, but not sure which of the above to mark down for that....

All fine once there...

I would like to have a hand held shower head.

We liked the soft bed. Room had plenty of space. Awsone breakfast! I hope we get a chance to stay there again some day.

The A/C unit was emitting a moldy smell which I asked the front desk to check out. We went out to dinner and the moldy smell was still there when we returned. I don't know if they even checked it out but the problem was definitely not fixed.

Breakfast should be served at 6 am due to early flights. Could not enjoy breakfast since we had to leave at 6:45 am.

Facilities were nice. Front desk personnel very nice.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Very disappointed with the dry cleaning service recommended by the hotel. I sent a pair of pants for a stain on the leg and cleaning, and a sports jacket and a polo shirt to be cleaned. The clothes were return and not cleaned. The stain and he charged me $26.50 The carpet in the room was very dirty and stained. Housekeeping came in to clean room and did not change the sheets. I had to call her back to change the linen on the bed.

The staff was nice and very apologetic.

• King Room - Disability Access

Breakfast was lacking a bit more fruit and fresh things - this could be function of me being a European in USA though.

Super easy to find, very good staff at check in, easy parking / stress free

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing . I thought it was great .

The dude at the front desk was very imformative , was extremely nice , and very funny . The room was perfect . The bed was like sleeping on a cloud .

Plastic plates and cutlery,not to much choice in the hot food, scrambled eggs, processed ham and potatoes, but it was adequate. We

We just spent one overnight on our way from flight to cruise, with extras and tip the taxi fare was $26. The room was comfortable and clean but on the small side,the price was right, bottom line would I go back yes without doubt Breakfast We had a large choice from cereals to waffles, and the hot food was brought out in small amounts regularly so it did not get cold

We picked this hotel based on free airport shuttle. Our friends flight got in at 10:30pm. The hotel shuttle had stopped running and they had to get an Uber.

We stayed at this hotel for a night before a cruise. It was a fine place to stay for just a night. The hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful. They suggested places to order dinner to be delivered & even called the restaurant for us.

It was further than I thought from the airport..got a taxi that had curved doors and gashed my head on the way up.

Great breakfast but too few tables to eat it room was a great size with a comfortable sofa.

We had to leave for the airport at 6:00 AM for an early flight. The breakfast did not start until 6 AM For an "Airport Motel" I think the breakfast should start at 5 AM for those catching an early flight. This will make a difference the next time I book a motel in this area.

See above

Breakfast area not kept clean. Tables left dirty. Coffee machine broken. Have to walk and cross thru very busy streets to find any kind of restaurant to eat. I would not go back. Very disappointed. The staff very friendly though.

No lights at the pool when it gets dark.

The workers was well mannered and very helpful and the facility was clean. Also the cleaning lady did a excellent job.