Reviews of Best Western Plus Gadsden Hotel & Suites 3 stars

205 Enterprise Drive, Gadsden, AL 35904, USA

#2 of 10 hotels in Gadsden

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Front desk attendant was very helpful and pleasant.

A/C

Front desk attendant was very helpful and pleasant. Room was clean and spacious. Our only complaint was the AC, the room never cooled off. We set the thermostat to 69*, and the room never dropped below 76*, it made for an uncomfortable nights sleep.

Very nice hotel for the price
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

I travelled with 3 children (ages 7, 2, and 7 months). I normally let the two oldest pick something from the vending machine when we travel, but the one on our floor did not work. Also, our refrigerator and microwave did not work very well- any bottles for my baby were frozen within hours and the microwave took about 3 mins to warm up anything that typically would take 30 seconds to heat.

Very close to other places to eat and 7 min drive to the location for the wedding we attended. The room was very spacious and clean. Sooo thankful there was a pull-out soda for my boys to sleep on! Staff was very nice during the entire stay. There was plenty of food available for breakfast. Would definitely look into Best Western again for future trips!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Overall very nice place with nice staff and good food
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Very good location in the same parking lot as McDonald's and right across the road from Wal-Mart i used this place as half way going to Florida and it was a very nice place very clean and comfortable

Quick check in, room and bathroom were extremely clean.

Quick check in, room and bathroom were extremely clean. Breakfast was pretty good. The bed was so incredibly comfy. The pillows were great too. Super close to highway and near many food places, but mostly im incredibily amazed by their customer service and honesty. My daughter left her stuffed animal in the room that my husband bought for her before he recently left for his overseas deployment. Needless to say she was so sad, i called the hotel and they not only had it in lost and found but my sons ipad charger that he left as well! The lady at the front desk assured me she would help us get it back. I sent a prepaid box to send it back to us and they happily put it in the mail for us! I am a Best Western customer forever now.

Nice room, not so nice hotel.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

The beds were comfortable and I slept well and the room as whole was nice. It was just the common areas that were not so nice and the desk in my room had not been cleaned when I arrived and I was so tired and it was late so I knew housekeeping would have gone home so I cleaned it myself before going to bed.

The room was OK except that the desk had sticky spots, so it was obvious it had NOT been cleaned after prev resident. Lobby had pealing/dirty wallpaper. Elevator was awful. Pool was dirty and never was clean so I never swam. And, at breakfast there was always something wrong. One morning no sausage and no one around to ask for some, one morning grits were so low they were like a rock and again no one around to ask for some. And, last morning the sausage didn't look cooked fully so was afraid to take any, etc.

This Best Western Plus is an excellent choice!

The staff was very helpful and courteous. The property was clean and well maintained. The location was very nice with almost no road noise and close to several restaurants, plus the grounds were especially pleasant with lots of plants and greenery.

June stay

Breakfast was bad, and pretty sure there was bed bugs. Also my mom and I were in the pool and kept feeling little tiny bugs biting us.

Room was huge and nice. Staff was very friendly.

Rooms were very clean and roomy.

The pool area had no umbrellas for us to sit under while the kids played. It was very hot. Our children were too young to play without supervision.

Rooms were very clean and roomy.

Superb! Excellent! Wonderful relaxation! Super shopping close by! Super clean awesome staff!
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

That I couldn't stay longer!

Location is perfect to everything, facility is amazingly pristine as it could not be cleaner! The comfort of the bed was remarkable. The extra pillows make it so nice! My husband, a real stickler, actually liked the soap. Who likes hotel soap? My husband! It smelled great and was very pleasent. Our room was very nice with a sitting area and extra bedding. The lady at the check in desk was extremely nice and genuinely seemed to care about our comfort, I recently had shoulder surgery so she asked and made sure I knew if I had any need she was on it! That just made the entire experience so worth 11 hours total in this hotel. I wish I could have stayed a week it was just wonderful! I also saw a difficult hotel guest who had chosen to leave early and demanding a refund and I felt inclined to clean his clock for her but shoulder surgery and all not a good idea, but she handled it with the up most dignity and grace kept her composure allowed him to act like a total embasule then stating policy and refusing the refund. The man left hot mad but she still remained very composed and carried on. I could take lessons from this lady! Overall I got an excellent deal on a wonderful overnight date with my husband and will definitely be back very soon! Thank you so much for being such a great hotel and being so kind and caring in your training of your staff! It is noted and appreciated!

Probably wouldn't recommend until they update everything.

Disappointed, needs to be updated, TV was analog and only got a few channels. Did not look like the pictures. the couple across the hall come out of their room screaming that there were bed bugs.

The beds were comfortable, and bathroom was clean, however the carpet had stains, and needed to replaced. The breakfast the first day was fine, the second day they ran out of regular creamer for the coffee, only hazelnut was left. (too sweet) the fruit cup was a mushy. the eggs tasted like powder eggs, no flavor or seasoning (salt and pepper) only one type of jelly if you ate a biscuit which were dried out.

Friendly staff, large room, but we had ants!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

There were only 2 things we did not care for...1st were the small square pillows for sleeping on. Even our children complained about the small size of them. Second...ANTS! Our bathroom and bedroom had ants! I had over 100 ant bites when I left the hotel. We told the young man at the front desk who gave us ant spray to kill them with. By the next morning I was MISERABLE from all of the ant bites. My husband told the young lady as he checked us out...all she said was sorry. A discount on the room or not charging us would have been great....seeing that I had to take Benadryl every 2 hours because of the itching from the ant bites.

The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful and the location was close to MANY eateries and Walmart was across the street! Room was large and the bed was comfortable!

OK

it was adequate for a car trip, but don;t plan any breakfast here! and i am not a breakfast person per se.

Breakfast was atrocious! Otherwise standard cleanliness and accommodations were fine.

Good choice for a night's rest.

Traffic noise.

We arrived late and left early. Traveling and just needed to shower and sleep a few hours. The staff was great. Room was clean. Bed was comfy. Plenty of parking space, although we did have a walk a fair distance. Good choice.

Great value would stay again

Bring your on pillows as there's are not comfy. Also our room had a broken light bulb in the ceiling fan that clanged against the globe every time some upstairs walked across the floor or the upstairs a/c kicked on, kept me up part of the first night. Reported to front desk but it was never fixed.

Very clean, great price, staff super nice, breakfast is awesome

The bed was comfortable.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillows were way too soft for our liking. The breakfast area was very small and when we came down to breakfast there was no room to sit and the coffee was not good. We checked out and went to have breakfast somewhere else. I don't care for the new BW branding and logo.

The bed was comfortable. Access to the highway.

Amazing hotel!!!

The hotel cleanliness exceeded my expectations. The staff greeted me by name every time they saw me. The beds and rooms were new, comfortable and clean! I would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone visiting the area.

We enjoyed the stay
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

I know it isn't your fault really but my fiance hated being able to hear Everytime someone came in and out of their rooms and when people were getting ice it was so loud. He also didn't like how long it took him to figure out exactly where the knob for the shower needed to be so it wasn't cold or too hot because if he turned it too far it was too hot but if he didn't turn it enough it was still cold.

The breakfast was good.The staff was very welcoming. It was very clean. Well worth the visit.

Pleasantly surprised by this hotel!

Not one single complaint or disappointment!

I'm ashamed to admit that I am, to a certain degree, a hotel snob. I truly had low expectations of the hotel considering the low cost. After much research I opted to bite the bullet and book with the Best Western Plus. However, I, (along with my in-laws), were pleasantly surprised. The night shift staff was so unbelievably professional and helpful. The hotel was truly as nice, clean, furnished, and maintained as well as any of the pricier competitors. I would encourage anyone to stay here.

Would stay again

Could hear the people with bricks for shoes above. Slamming doors as well. They settled down about midnight.

Extra pillows and comfy beds. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Nice place to stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

A school group was booked on the top floor, impossible to get to sleep before two in the morning due to insane ammonts of noise. Complaints were useless.

Staff keeps the place clean. Nice place to stay for two weeks. Breakfast is good, a few mornings there was bacon. Overall well worth the money for my extended stay.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

great value

My room on the 3rd floor was well-appointed. My booking price was for 2 queens but upon request at check in they upgraded me to a king. Breakfast was great!

Nice hotel but pay close attention to your bill.

I was overcharged and when I called to report the discrepancy the lady at the desk was kind of rude and tried to place the blame on the site that I used to book my room. I then had to leave a message for her supervisor explaining the problem. I am still waiting for her to call me back so my issue is still unresolved. I also wish they had a better breakfast, more hot foods. I also didn't like that there was a $50 deposit held on my card. Wouldn't have been bad had it not taken several days for it to fall off.

The hotel was super clean and the midday staff was very friendly! It was also easy to find and within walking distance of restaurants and a shopping center.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Loved it would stay again

Wish they had a bigger washer and dryer for the guest or at least 2 washers and dryers for the guest to use.

The staff and cleanliness of the facility.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

the bed was very nice desk was very nice
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

ac kept shutting off had desk come down 3 times also pillows were poor was in handicap room and with wheelchair ,walker and oxygen it was too much to pack and move that late for 100 dollars expected more

the bed was very nice desk was very nice

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Fairly new everything was clean and well done

BREAKFAST wasn't very good . eggs and biscuits were hard as a rock. Fruit was poor. Gravy was luke warm

Fairly new everything was clean and well done

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Nice place

The hot water was not hot. It was barely warm. When I ask about it, she did say they were replacingnit the next day.

Lady that checked us in was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

Beds were very comfortable !

Longer breakfast hours

Beds were very comfortable ! Clean

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 27 October 2018

Desk staff very friendly

Desk staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

Did not get handicap room as requested.
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Did not get handicap room as requested.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Enjoyed

Walls very thin heard upstairs couple most of the night. It was not nice to hear all the moans screaming etc

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Very nice hotel, clean and friendly staff.

Very nice hotel, clean and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Check in person very helpful.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Check in person very helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Quality value for the price

Pool needs cleaning , it was 99* and perfect weather for swimming. In the South a good pool is necessary.

Easy of room location

The room and shower

The breakfast

The room and shower

Everything was great staff, location and breakfast

Everything was great staff, location and breakfast

You Will Love Your Stay...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

absolutely nice place too stay, simply loved it and convenient too meet all my surrounding needs. Thanks Best Western

No bathroom vent

No bathroom vent, replaced with security light.

Nice sitting area in room.

Great choice

Wish they had omelets both days.

Everyone was very helpful & considerate. Rooms were clean, breakfast was very good.

Great hotel for a great value

No complaints at all. All was great

Everything was great. Friendly staff, comfortable room and good breakfast

It was good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Smell

Didn't eat

Staff was very helpful and cheerful.

The breakfast can be improved, but it was okay.

Staff was very helpful and cheerful.

we enjoyed

all ok

staff were very courteous and professional

Steam vacuum the carpet

The facility it smell bad, elevator is dirty

More choices breakfast

Anniversary trip
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

It was fine. Too expensive for what it was.

Quiet & friendly staff. Great breakfast.

Handicap bathroom was a major plus.

Eggs could have been a little lighter. Waffle ‘s were very good.

Room had ceiling fan ;
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed had a few hard spots.

Room had ceiling fan ;-)

Relaxing
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was very big, roomy and clean

Clean, comfy and quiet
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Spa bath was so relaxing!

Nice bed and pillows.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Thin walls. We could hear next door occupant on his phone and tv sound.

Nice bed and pillows.

Toilet plugged twice

Clean comfortable good free breakfast

It was clean.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

It was clean. Staff was very friendly. Even let us check in early we had a wedding that day.

had a great time in Gadsden
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Bittern remote from town centre

Clean and nice staff

It worked for what I needed. I was very happy to find a refrigerator and microwave in my room too.

There could have been more healthy breakfast options

Room was always very clean

Site was easy and efficient

Site was easy and efficient

Outstanding stay.

Outstanding stay.

comfortable
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

no ice from the ice machine

Room cleanliness

All was good except the issue with discounts after booking with booking.com

That after booking on booking.com I couldn’t get any discounts like senior citizen discount

The place was inviting. And friendly

My husband and I slept so well in the firm beds.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

My husband and I slept so well in the firm beds. They had a large selection on the breakfast buffet.

Will be my first pick next time I am in town
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Its clean the staff was very helpful and nice, the beds were comfortable and it was one of best stays.

Very nice clean quiet staff very friendly helpful

Comfortable bed

Nice

Nice

Breakfast was good comforting room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Tub was stopped up, towel rack was bent

Breakfast was good comforting room

Never stayed in a motel with accommodations were so great
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Nothing everything top notch .

Every thing but the sausage for the continental breackfest .

nice friendly staff, nice patio seperate from pool

Everything was great

Super clean

Great stay

Nithing

Easy to accesd

Wonderful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

Clean and very well maintained. All staff was friendly. Kristy really went out of her way to make us feel comfortable. Easy check in and check out.

It felt like home... very cozy!

No complaints!

Our whole experience at this hotel was a good one!

Location and friendly people

No inside pool

Location and friendly people

The breakfast buffet was ample and delicious.

The breakfast buffet was ample and delicious. The room was quiet and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Adequate
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Disability Access

There were some ants and bugs in our room.

Convenient location