Reviews of Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn 3 stars

5400 Mowry Avenue, Fremont, CA 94538, USA

#2 of 13 hotels in Fremont

There was a guest on our floor, near our room, that was smoking weed in their room and we could smell it in ours. Also, we found miscellaneous socks, not ours, under our beds. Our fridge wasn't plugged in, so it took a day for it to get cold.

Happy Hour on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, it was a pleasant surprise to come across. The location was perfect for our activities we had going on all week.

Had the best sleep!! The room is absolutely wonderful and so clean!! All the staff we met were terrific and I want to thank Weny at the front desk for being so helpful!!! Will definitely be staying again on our next visit!!!

Regular hotel but very high price. Receptionist had problems with reading&writing. Filling&printing an invoice required three attempts with many typos.

Good hot breakfast, but almost no vegatables. Quiet room.

Sigh - the pillows were awful - we are glad we travel with our own. The outside grassy area that seemed to be the doggie area had beer bottles strewn on it and wasn't patrolled for dog feces or cigarette butts. It would have been helpful if the doggie lawn areas were fenced for safety. The free wifi wasn't secure so we were unable to do much of our actual work. Other hotels that we typically frequent have much better wifi arrangements. Unfortunately, we will probably not return here as the location was too far from work due to heavy freeway traffic.

The room was clean and well appointed. Close to the doggie rest area. Friendly staff. Free parking is always a big plus. Bringing our dog was easy here - although there was nothing special for dogs such as water bowl or treats.

Bathtub drain was clogged. Maintenance came when my daughter was in the shower and then never came back. Room service didn't replace glasses and didn't come at all one day. We had to run to the front desk for towels.

Great variety of breakfast choices.

There was nothing not to like. Everything was perfect.

Location was great. It was very clean which made my stay very comfy. The breakfast had many choices and it was good.

No complaints of my stay in the room the location was great it was close to my work place Tesla my wife did say the Jacuzzi was not hot at all only lukewarm

The bed felt very comfy the enviorment was quiet my wife enjoyed the breakfast the Jacuzzi was great but it needed to.be heated more it was lukewarm. I rate my experience 10+

I stayed a year ago and thought the price jumped drastically. I am coming down again in June and wondered if a two night stay would be cheaper?

Comfortable and clean room.

lower floor rooms right next to breakfast/kitchen, always smelly. Fitness room is pathetic - one cross trainer, one treadmill. Not a hotel for receiving business guests for discussions etc in lounge.

The location was excellent to attend a early a.m. appointment in the area. Located right downtown; yet very quiet. Close to many shopping areas. The morning express breakfast was a wonderful surprise. The staff were all very pleasant.

We work graveyard shift at Tesla and can't always make the drive home. They accommodated us so wonderfully by letting us check into our room early in the morning. Room was nice and comfortable.

We booked Sunday through Monday nights. I was scheduled for surgery on Monday morning so I couldn't eat. My husband ate breakfast Tuesday morning and said it was "so so". Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The only complaint we had was that we were at the very end of the hall across from the maintenance room where the entrance/exit door lead to the back parking lot so it was noisy at times.

The proximity of the hotel was close to everything we needed.

The staff should be smiling n welcoming when a guest checks into the hotel. It should not have a business-like attitude. Also, the first time a guest shows up, someone should show him/her to the room. This self-help policy when U enter the hotel all exhausted from your journey gives a very impersonal n unfriendly impression to the guest. I had to ask for that help, n Jason more than lived up to being helpful, cheerful n patient in showing me a few rooms. Another thing I found missing was that there was no bottled water in the room. How about two bottles a day? That would add another star to your otherwise wonderful facilities! Also, a shower cap is a must for the female guests. So do provide it, please. Oh n another thing, why was I not allowed me to pay in cash at the hotel. Dominic at the front desk said that I had booked through Booking.com, so they considered my credit card reservation as paid. But that is not true coz I paid at another hotel in cash... N what if I has prefered to pay in cash here, as well... I was not given a choice... Does it have anything to do with the Best Western Plus hotel policy..?? The girl attending to me when I checked out on Oct 23rd was very kind n asked me if I had lacked anything during my three days' stay. She diligently noted down the two things I told her... Sign of a good employee!🌝

Loved the breakfast!

May need a little more parking space

Very satisfied. Great location easy to find. Easy access to highway. The room and beds are super clean. Breakfast is superb. Would definitely come back. We really the balcony of the room.

Mold in bathroom near tub causing damage to the drywall. Painted over. Noticeable dampness in the room. A guest had their SUV rear window broken not sure if belongings stolen.

Allowed Pets Friendly and helpful staff

Loved the room: comfortable beds, pleasant patio area, lounge chair in the room, fabulous coffee machine. The breakfast area was delightful and the buffet catered well for everyone. We loved the pool area, especially the hot spa tub and the relaxing barbeque and outside eating facilities. The gardens were superb and despite being close to major roads it was quiet.

The biggest selling point for my wife and I were the pet accommodations. Being able to bring our little diabetic kitty with us was a huge plus. The room was very nice and clean, the bed was comfy, and the staff were fantastic. The breakfast buffet was also superb. They're also in a great location with many restaurants and shops around in very close proximity. We have zero complaints about our stay here.

The beds at the facility was really comfortable. I loved being able to watch my kids swim from the balcony. The staff was very nice and helpful. There was a small problem and they fixed it in a timely manner. There are a lot of restaurants very close and the free breakfast was a nice addition

Even though they did a lot of upgrades to the room, the air-conditioner had a rickety noise in the bottom of the bathtub looked ancient. The worst part was the noise that could be heard every time someone close their door within 100 feet. The walls in this place and the doors couldn't have been constructed for a noisier experience. The corners of the room smelled like mildew. I spent 30 minutes here and just walked out and found something else.

There was a fridge and a microwave in the room.

The accessibility to many restaurants and the highway is ideal. One can actually walk to many of the restaurants. Love that many of the rooms have balconies.

Garbage piled up by ice machine next to our room was not removed during our stay, smelled and had flies. Room was right over garbage dumpster... 6am women by trucks emptying it. Our room was in last building, no elevator, had to carry suitcases up dirty exterior stair well.

Room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

I cannot really find fault. We had no problems during our stay.

Staff were really friendly and helpful. Elsa in charge of Services was excellent. For what we wanted, the hotel location was perfect and there are shops, restaurants and facilities very close by. Breakfast was included and was excellent every morning. In room facilities included fridge and microwave so useful. All in all very happy. The area is not the cheapest - near Silicon Valley - but this was decent value.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Nothing, all was fine!

Great Customer Service! Friendly Staff! Comfy bed! Hot, delicious breakfast! Near restaurants and shopping! Nice, clean pool! Very nice landscaping around the hotel.

Eggs were great. Stayed there before and run-down, but they've done a nice job of refurbishing. Clean, comfortable, big room, and great motel breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The bed! No padding and hard.

I felt the hotel was well maintained and clean. The staff was on top of things and very tentative. They also seem to be a team, working together for the purpose of the guest comfort.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

The bed was a little bit too hard for my taste.

Very nice variety for breakfast. Staff was EXCELLENT and very nice. Room was nice and clean! I also felt very safe in the hotel - important for a single woman traveler.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The customer service, especially by diane, was AMAZING! just what you would want to find in customer service. I'll be returning just because of here wonderful assistance.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

The room could have been a little cleaner, especially having Two young kids we pushed the bed against the wall and under the bed was filthy like it had not been vacuumed in months. Also the shower head kept squirting water straight up onto the ceiling so we had to keep a towel over it.

The remodeling is beautiful and it's nice to see the hotel in better shape. The staff that checked us in was great! And I loved the goody bag upon check in!

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

The hotel was clean, the beds and pillows were very comfy, the breakfast is by far the best Ive experienced.staff were welcoming. So far favorite hotel, would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

I'm so happy with my stay I'll be yelping this wonderful hotel and staff also! My husband and I went to a 3 & 1/2 day event in San Jose but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg to stay at a hotel within walking distance, so we commuted to Fremont for our hotel. Honestly we were happy we did! For those visiting San Jose with the same goal, it's well worth the 20 min drive. You can clearly see this hotel has been beautifully updated and has comfort in mind. The staff were very sweet and accommodating! The free breakfast was awesome and well prepared. I appreciated the extra gestures. The gym & pool are great also!! Always a plus. If we're ever in town again I know we will be staying here again!!

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Parking was a bit awkward;due to construction, perhaps. But otherwise the place was decent.

Friendly staff. The A.M. desk clerk was very kind and thoughtful to me having to checkout early and was accomidating.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

My room was right beside an entrance/exit door, when people enters and exits, the noise is loud as the door makes big sounds everytime someone enters/exits. Other than above issue, everything was perfect!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Had to park further away from our building than we liked and no disabled parking

The most comfortable beds and pillows along with the hot breakfast was just great.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

I feel like when I booked online I was not told about the hold on a credit card or 50 deposit.

The staff was great. Quite and clean, new crib from my baby.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Too many mosquitoes and other flying little bugs especially in the curtains...don't shake the curtains and you'll be ok...

Like the bed, had a good sleep.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

My bed wasn't made or room cleaned 2 of the 5 days, the tub never drained even after I left a note in the bathroom. I did tell the lady behind the counter when I checked out.

The breakfast was great, food was hot and cooked and plenty of coffee.

the room was clean, we didn't hear any noise, its great to get up have breakfast and when we go back to the room the beds are made and our room was clean :-)

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast not my favorite, but it's just a continental breakfast so you can't expect it to be great. But still one of the few places around that's nice and actually carries breakfast.

Clean place, super nice staff and overall a good place to stay. Close to the freeway

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

the shower drain cover wasn't fastened down correctly and could have cut feet,but I just avoided it.

This place has a great location, staff super friendly, comfy beds and super clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Please, please place stops on the door return mechanism. Slamming doors that rattle are very, very jarring in an otherwise very pleasant and relaxing hotel. Had I been traveling on business and had to be awake early, I would have been even more disturbed by the doors. Place a towel bar much closer to the bench for mobility impaired clients using the roll in shower. There was plenty of room there. I moved the small table from the room and made do but there was no way I could safely reach the towels from the shower!

Tejany, at the front desk, went above and beyond to assist me. After leaving a competitor that was less than helpful, she made me feel so much better and helped to resolve my problem with disabled accommodation.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

Absolutely nothing! Every single thing was perfect!!!!

This place is top notch! Completely remodeled with beautiful grounds and pool. There was one housekeeper, I did not get her name, but she shut the pool down to save a mommy duck and her babies. She worked so hard for a long time to save them and definitely went above and beyond her duties. Then, we ordered extra blankets and she was the one who delivered them to our room within 5 minutes of our call to the front desk. I wish I had gotten her name. Great location...definitely try the Gelato shop in the shopping center behind it. Lots of restaurants and shopping near by. Rockin' Jump trampoline park is within walking distance. All in all, we travel a lot for business and stay at probably over a hundred hotels over the course of a year and this was by far the best one we have been to. The cleanliness and service from the staff makes you feel like a 4 star!

Found 2 small spiders in the room

Good early breakfast

Fist class all the way

The bathrooms have pocket doors don't lock no privacy

Price was decent

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Mattress was too hard

The bathroom was great for handicapped people insecurities with wonderful

That we didn’t have more time to enjoy stay

We loved everything there especially because you have a selection of restaurants nearby

A/C was not working in our room but they did move us to another room.

Pool and spa were under repair, bummer.

Great breakfast provided, convenient location, always neat and tidy.

Breakfast, the size of room

It was clean and staff were accommodating

Everything in and around the hotel, including the rooms were awesome.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I really liked breakfast

super breakfast, large comfortable room!

Stay was great,staff was very friendly,free breakfast is awesome!!!!

The heater in the room was a little noisy.

Very quiet and relaxing environment.

Everything about this hotel was excellent. The breakfast was the best we have ever had at a hotel.

It’s nice and clean.

Na

A variety of things to put on waffles, eggs and cereal plus a very nice setup.

Bad breakfast. Only plastic cutlery, paper plates and paper cup. No vegetables, no big fruit selection.

Staff was very caring to our needs. Comfortable beds. Everything worked out just perfect.

Pool and breakfast

Dirty Room, staff not helpful (especially at night), smelly room

Quite old , very nice staff

Breakfast was great

Nice people on staff

Lack of pool towels most of the times

Security doors everywhere

Have been charged twice and a higher than agreed amount with Booking.com!!!

Neat and Clean with a decent breakfast. Conveniently located.

Quite area.

The lock of our bathroom was broken.

The breakfast was great! And the pool and hottub even so. The rooms were clean, and the staff kind.

Nice staff Good breakfast Good comfort

Bed was too firm for me but partner loved it.

Very expensive for where it is and what was provided

Price to high for location.

The room was not cleaned on the second day of my staying.