Reviews of Best Western Garden Inn 3 stars

11939 I-H 35 North, San Antonio, TX 78233, USA

#155 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Moving to another room

We did not like the bug crawling in the sheet the ten dollar discount should have been higher as we kept looking between the sheets at nite

Moving to another room

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great service and would stay again.

That there were some construction workers that were also staying there that made excessive noise that I couldn't sleep. Very irate about that and didn't want to complain to front desk.

The staff. Very nice and helpful towards it customers!

Nice hotel for the money

The pool was a bit dirty. I did mention it to manager and he said they were getting it cleaned the day we check out so I do understand.

The rooms were comfortable and the staff were great.

Don’t Book This hotel

I some how got 2 rooms booked in my name at this hotel without my knowledge of it having done this. So to my surprise when I call the hotel room at 10pm on check in night and find out I have 2 rooms booked in my name I am trying to figure out what happened they advise me they are not willing to do anything to help me per policy!! I was not even asking for a refund or any money just simply move the dates to next weekend because I would be needing another room then. They will not help me out at all they are keeping my money and not doing anything! As my husband and I go to San Antonio 2 to 3 times a month and have stayed in this hotel on multiple visits and this was going to be our go to hotel from now on but with the way they treat their customers I will never be back! We also have lots of friends who use the hotel as my husband plays tournament paintball right down the street I will advise all the paintball men and woman to never book this hotel as they are rude and unfriendly!! Oh they said they lost out on money for this room not being used but upon coming out of my hotel room to talk to the manager of the issue their was a house keeper cleaning the room that was booked in my name that was not used as I used to work at a hotel room I know that if the room was not booked after I said I didn’t need it the house keeper would not be in the room changing the bed and cleaning it!! Do not stay here they are rude and not helpful at all my account is now negative $300 and they do not care about anyone or anything except for the money!! I will never return

This used to be my go to hotel! Until I learned they have no heart for their customers! Loyal ones at that!!

Fees for early check in is not acceptable.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I’ve never been to a hotel that charges a fee for checking in before 3pm. This hotel charges $25 if checking in before 3pm. For this reason I would not stay at this location ever again

The staff was very friendly.

Coffee wasn't all that great, but the pool was fantastic.

Well, the coffee. But everything else was fine; it was exactly what I wanted and expected.

Coffee wasn't all that great, but the pool was fantastic.

Would stay again!

The place is great. But be aware, you have a little bit of a drive to a nice place to eat.

Courteous staff. Very clean. Room was spaceous. Bed was extremely comfortable.

Nothing. I was really pleased and comfortable.

I really enjoyed the breakfast. I expected to find something like a Danish and coffee but they served scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy among other things. Very good.

I have stayed in this Inn 9 times.

I have stayed in this Inn 9 times. The gentleman who checked us in was very helpful and accommodating. The beds/pillows were very comfortable. I'll stay there next April.

It was about what I expected for the price

There was a light bulb out in the room over the couch The lights that had bulbs must have been 20 watt. The room was way too dark as soon as I pulled the curtains Note to desighers. There is a good reason why you don't put light blue upholstery in hotel room. The old stain made me reluctant to sit on The couch ..... but that may have been the plan to prevent more stains by making the couch un usable

The price. the bed was one of the most comfortable beds if ever sleep inN

I worked for our limited purposes, but would not want to spend more than one day.

Very Spartan in nature. Could have use more amenities, towels, soap,, A couch in the room was shown in pictures of the room; there was no couch. One chair in the room did not allow anyone to sit except on the beds.

The staff was excellent, and the facility was extremely clean and neat.

Newer furnishings and carpet.

Large dead bug on window ledge in our room at check in. 3 days later still there. Spilled candy on stairs that we attempted to dodge for 3 days, not wanting to track it into our room - never cleaned up.

Newer furnishings and carpet.

Great experience, great price.

The staff was very accommodating during my sickness. When the vending machine took our money on two occasions, we were reimbursed with a sincere apology.

Wonderful staff, great value, close to everything, clean.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They were remodeling the lobby when we were there, but they tried to work around that. Overall, they were making nice improvements.

Jack and his wife and staff made sure everything was excellent. They even cooked eggs for my partner just the way he likes them when there were none on the breakfast bar. They always greeted us in the morning or when they saw us and made sure everything was to our liking. The room was clean and large. A great value. Close to the highway to Austin or Houston and the airport. Everything was 15 to 20 minutes away, even downtown.

This Best Western was a really nice place to stay, and we would not hesitate to return here.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have been a little better — a few more choices would have been nice.

Bed was very comfortable and room was clean and quiet. Staff was helpful and very nice.

Said i had to pay a large deposit when i refused cuz your.

Said i had to pay a large deposit when i refused cuz your. Website said no deposit needed. I asked to have my money refunded. They kept it all bit 8 dollars. They should have refunded 88. When i called women was rude and hung up on me

Not to satisfied

Needs much needed TLC, although I was there for one night didn't smell clean wen I arrived. The facilities looked old & not cared for as ut should be. Also, didn't give the appearance as being appealing to come back again.

Along the side of frwy

Loving the hot Texas Waffle!!!

I loved the comfortable bed, and fluffy pillow! loved the work out room and especially the hot breakfast with the Texas waffle! The staff went out of their way to make our stay nice with even a to go bag to take when we checked out early the last morning! I would definitely book the hotel the next time I visit San Antonio!!

Our stay was good I just noticed the lack of assistance in the bath.

The bathroom was dangerous. It was difficult to get in and out of the shower/bath because of the door and there were NO safety handles in the shower to help you get in and out without sliding.

Almost everything was good

Excellent experience with best western in san Antonio

Room was very comfortable bed so soft breakfast ever morning something different was really good.Was there for 4nights 5 days .Service was truly great truly a staff of very friendly people .We were a total of 9 of us for a family vacation And My family has said from know on when we do vacation Best western is the place we will be staying .The rates on the room was very reasonable and they had a lot of places around us .Had one little little problem manager took 15 off our bill was nothing serious😃Thanks best western for a good job taking care of our family

Un-caring Staff & Rooms Hotter than Purgatory!

Got to the hotel after a long day of travel and checked into my room just before 10p and the room was humid as heck and probably close to 100 degrees......no lie. The AC had not been on all day; San Antonio hit 101 that day; and the room window blinds (facing south no less) were wide open. So I turned on the AC......but within moments I knew it would take hours to bring the temperature down do to the low flow of cold air coming out (yes.....it was on HIGH). So I went downstairs to ask for an already AIR CONDITIONED room rather than having to wait for what would most likely be hours to get to human-agreeable temperature in my room because I desperately wanted to go to sleep. When I returned to the office (less than 5 minutes from check-in) the Assistant Manager was nowhere around. He showed back up about 7-10 minutes later - at least the lobby was air conditioned. I stated the problem, told him I KNOW to convert a room of the current temperature to something into something tolerable to sleep in would take hours and asked for another room already cooled. He stated he "didn't get to turning on the AC in that room today because he got busy." So because he got busy.....I get to suffer. He didn't have any other rooms available that were in any better condition, but I could wait in the lobby if I liked. Right.......I pay for a room......an AIR CONDITIONED room......and I get to wait in the lobby. I said no.......that I would take my son, and we would try and stick it out. And so we went back to our room.......and tried. 45 minutes later..........the room had hardly changed temperature.......we were STANDING literally OVER the vent to stay in the air area.......both of us getting more desperately tired......and I am getting more agitated at what I am NOT getting.......a room that was PAID for in-advance. So, I called the office once more.......pleading for something.......even a fan to circulate the air. All I ever got was.......nothing.

Did not like much. Bad experience the first night ruined the tone.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Stay somewhere else

Dirty, housekeeping never came, carpets were filfthy, rushed out of room, people drinking beer in their work trucks in the parking lot

Close to downtown

Will probably not stay here again.

The information on line states that my room had a sofa. I even requested one when I booked the room. The staff told me none of the rooms had sofas & they charged me an extra $25 for a rollaway bed.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Perfect stay!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very professional staff person, John, was very friendly, helpful, and did everything to make our stay a great one. He commented the rooms had new furniture recently installed, and indeed they were new and tasteful. Perfect stay, very well priced. Did not use the pool, but looked well kept and inviting. Will stay there again!

Very Pleased Guests!

No comments - we had a great experience!

We got to this location at the very last minute and were not sure what we would find. We showed close to midnight and were greeted immediately by a very friendly gentleman who explained everything we needed to know, told us about breakfast and hours, etc. The next morning we came down about 20-30 minutes after breakfast had ended, but another equally friendly gentleman, directed us to the breakfast area where there was coffee (all my husband needed) and a few breakfast items as well. We cannot express enough how grateful and impressed we were with our experience.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Breakfast was always hot and manager was continually working...

Pool area was not super nice and hot tub area but maybe because it wasn't warm enough to swim Pool needs a fence blocking it from road and parking lot. Six foot, etc.

Breakfast was always hot and manager was continually working to get more eggs, etc. ready Super nice staff.

Rooms were modern and looked as advertised on site.

Room was hot and stuffy when we walked in because the air-conditioning was shut off.

Rooms were modern and looked as advertised on site. Something that doesn't often happen at other hotels. Checking in and out was quick and easy.

Bteakfast weak, spa doesn't work, room not entirely clean

Hot tub didn't work and was cool. Mattresses old, bathroom floor dirty. Room had faint smoke smell after staying a while. Shower not much pressure. Manager/owner wearing pajama bottoms T front desk. Biscuits cold, not enough waffle mix. No butter. OverLl, would not stay again and very disappointed to pay $50 for that experience. Might not use bookong.com again, because I don't believe the rating/score this place got which encouraged me to book there.

Location, tv stations

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

too bright
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Blackout curtains were unable to be drawn close. Coupled with the walkway light next to my window it made for less than a good nights sleep.

Staff was friendly

General location was close to Morgan's Wonderland where...

Location. Its right off the busy highway. No wheelchair accessible rooms were available and we had a special needs child in a wheelchair traveling with us.

General location was close to Morgan's Wonderland where we were visiting.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Nice but could use some improvement

Finally finding the location. Due to the construction we were consistently lost. Took forever to find it. Could have had a better selection on breakfast. Didn't like the fact of the door connected to next room.

Staff was friendly. Quiet all weekend. We were given extra checkout time. Beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Nice stay

Stayed 2 nights. After first night left early in the morn for work when i went back to hotel after, no one wemt to clean room or bring towels.

Furniture up to date.very nice and comfortable,room was nice, had microwave and mini fridge. Breakfast was ok. biscuits eggs sausage few pastries oatmeal and dry cereal. Coffee juices. The biscuits and gravy werent good

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

I'll never stay @ best western ever again

Staff, rules and guidelines that aren't explained or on any online information

Nothing. I got charged for a night I didn't even stay. Business would not refund me or comidate me at all.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Susi

We couldn't use hot water when we arrived. Receptionist couldn't speak fluently English.

Just cheaper than any other hotel around there. Easy access to ATT center.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

I stay here whenever I come into town for a family visit.

Breakfast eggs are awful. Bring back the hard boiled eggs.

I stay here whenever I come into town for a family visit. The staff is friendly and helpful and management always seems to be improving the interiors of the rooms.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

One of the best Best Westerns!

Really can't say anything was bad at all.

Room was very clean, air conditioning worked great, nice large flat screen TV, and the staff was excellent!!! Nice breakfast with eggs,sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles and muffins. All around excellent stay. Nice area, will definitely be back!!

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Nice, clean room at a great rate.

The breakfast needs some work. It would have been nice to have some eggs. The gravy and sausage was week.

Clean room and the bed was comfortable. There was a lot of counter space - wife liked that. All about the room was good.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Happiness goes a long way!

Initial reception was annoying to the point that the clerk had to check herself and apply customer satisfaction. It felt like I was being defensive when all I asked for was what I reserved, nothing more.

Very clean and tidy. The attention to detail is obvious to myself.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Not a HOTEL, its a MOTEL

This was listed at a Hotel and definitely was not. It was a Motel. I do not like staying in places where the doors open to the outside. I will NEVER stay at a best Western again. There were ants in the bathroom, went and bought raid to kill them. The price I was given on booking was not the price I paid.

The employee at check out was very nice. She was smiling and a great asset

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

I'd stay again!

There were a lot of cigarette buttstock everywhere and even though the room was a non-smoking room, it smelled a little smoky. Not sure if it was coming from another room or what.

The front desk staff was awesome. The breakfast selection was very nice as well.

Great place to stay!
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were super friendly!!!!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Very relaxing accommodations

Room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable.

good place to stay a couple of days

first place we went to that hasn't had burn holes in the blankets or stains very clean

Great stay!!

The rooms were very clean! The staff was very friendly! would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Clean rooms, comfortable beds

Too many sweet things for breakfast

Clean rooms, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Staff was very friendly, we got to check in early and they...

The hot tub was not in working order.

Staff was very friendly, we got to check in early and they provided extra towels for the pool.

Pictures are not the same

Pictures are not the same

Great service the staff was friendly and helpful

Great service the staff was friendly and helpful

The manager was very nice and breakfast was good.

There were what looked like pee and blood stains on the bedding. We did not have any towels.

The manager was very nice and breakfast was good.

Very clean, great breakfast

Very clean, great breakfast

Worth it

Too close to the highway

Breakfast was great

Really nice place!

If only the little gym could have a dumbbell rack.

Everything. Room is clean. Staffs are nice. Nice little pool.

That they close the pool early

That they close the pool early

Good service

GpS had wrong location

Good service

My overall experience was great clean quiet and pleasant.

My overall experience was great clean quiet and pleasant.

EVERYTHING

O.M.G I LOVED IT. WE HADA GREAT STAY AND WE WILL BE BACK.

EVERYTHING

Very clean!

Very clean! Friendly staff.

Clean comfortable room

Hot tub didn't work!

Clean comfortable room

Comfort and Super Clean Environment

The bed was so comfortable and the breakfast had a great selection. The place was extremely clean.

It was ok

Breakfast could have been better, more fruit and Diabetic friendly. Very noisy at times especially after 10pm

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean.

Very comfortable beds and very nice staff

Very comfortable beds and very nice staff

The location was convenient for a cheaper alternative then...

The beds were not as comfy as I would have liked for them to be.

The location was convenient for a cheaper alternative then staying on the riverwalk.

Very clean, very polite staff, a bit pricy BUT I had a room...

Very clean, very polite staff, a bit pricy BUT I had a room right in front of the pool so it felt like luxury. Great stay.

Very good

Traffic

The friendly staff and quiet room.

There wasn't anything about the hotel that I didn't like!

The friendly staff and quiet room.

Pleasant

Prefer indoor hallway rooms..

Front desk clerk, very polite, friendly..

It was great
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything was good. The weather is what got us down

It was clean, comfortable and quiet.

It was clean, comfortable and quiet.

Bed comfy

Na

Bed comfy

I will recommend this hotel eith fsmily and friends

The location, courteous of the employees.

bath room curtain had blood b stainner was clogged with hair...

bath room curtain had blood b stainner was clogged with hair stain , bath tu

Best price in town

Small attention to detail on remodeling and the curtains always hinder the flow from a/c every motel everywhere

Remodeling