Reviews of Best Western Garden Inn This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

11939 I-H 35 North, San Antonio, TX 78233, United States of America

#155 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Fees for early check in is not acceptable.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I’ve never been to a hotel that charges a fee for checking in before 3pm. This hotel charges $25 if checking in before 3pm. For this reason I would not stay at this location ever again

The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Coffee wasn't all that great, but the pool was fantastic.

Well, the coffee. But everything else was fine; it was exactly what I wanted and expected.

Coffee wasn't all that great, but the pool was fantastic.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Would stay again!

The place is great. But be aware, you have a little bit of a drive to a nice place to eat.

Courteous staff. Very clean. Room was spaceous. Bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Nothing. I was really pleased and comfortable.

I really enjoyed the breakfast. I expected to find something like a Danish and coffee but they served scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy among other things. Very good.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

I have stayed in this Inn 9 times.

I have stayed in this Inn 9 times. The gentleman who checked us in was very helpful and accommodating. The beds/pillows were very comfortable. I'll stay there next April.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

It was about what I expected for the price

There was a light bulb out in the room over the couch The lights that had bulbs must have been 20 watt. The room was way too dark as soon as I pulled the curtains Note to desighers. There is a good reason why you don't put light blue upholstery in hotel room. The old stain made me reluctant to sit on The couch ..... but that may have been the plan to prevent more stains by making the couch un usable

The price. the bed was one of the most comfortable beds if ever sleep inN

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

I worked for our limited purposes, but would not want to spend more than one day.

Very Spartan in nature. Could have use more amenities, towels, soap,, A couch in the room was shown in pictures of the room; there was no couch. One chair in the room did not allow anyone to sit except on the beds.

The staff was excellent, and the facility was extremely clean and neat.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Newer furnishings and carpet.

Large dead bug on window ledge in our room at check in. 3 days later still there. Spilled candy on stairs that we attempted to dodge for 3 days, not wanting to track it into our room - never cleaned up.

Newer furnishings and carpet.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Great experience, great price.

The staff was very accommodating during my sickness. When the vending machine took our money on two occasions, we were reimbursed with a sincere apology.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Wonderful staff, great value, close to everything, clean.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They were remodeling the lobby when we were there, but they tried to work around that. Overall, they were making nice improvements.

Jack and his wife and staff made sure everything was excellent. They even cooked eggs for my partner just the way he likes them when there were none on the breakfast bar. They always greeted us in the morning or when they saw us and made sure everything was to our liking. The room was clean and large. A great value. Close to the highway to Austin or Houston and the airport. Everything was 15 to 20 minutes away, even downtown.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

This Best Western was a really nice place to stay, and we would not hesitate to return here.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have been a little better — a few more choices would have been nice.

Bed was very comfortable and room was clean and quiet. Staff was helpful and very nice.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

Said i had to pay a large deposit when i refused cuz your.

Said i had to pay a large deposit when i refused cuz your. Website said no deposit needed. I asked to have my money refunded. They kept it all bit 8 dollars. They should have refunded 88. When i called women was rude and hung up on me

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

Not to satisfied

Needs much needed TLC, although I was there for one night didn't smell clean wen I arrived. The facilities looked old & not cared for as ut should be. Also, didn't give the appearance as being appealing to come back again.

Along the side of frwy

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Loving the hot Texas Waffle!!!

I loved the comfortable bed, and fluffy pillow! loved the work out room and especially the hot breakfast with the Texas waffle! The staff went out of their way to make our stay nice with even a to go bag to take when we checked out early the last morning! I would definitely book the hotel the next time I visit San Antonio!!

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

Our stay was good I just noticed the lack of assistance in the bath.

The bathroom was dangerous. It was difficult to get in and out of the shower/bath because of the door and there were NO safety handles in the shower to help you get in and out without sliding.

Almost everything was good

• Reviewed: July 8, 2017

Excellent experience with best western in san Antonio

Room was very comfortable bed so soft breakfast ever morning something different was really good.Was there for 4nights 5 days .Service was truly great truly a staff of very friendly people .We were a total of 9 of us for a family vacation And My family has said from know on when we do vacation Best western is the place we will be staying .The rates on the room was very reasonable and they had a lot of places around us .Had one little little problem manager took 15 off our bill was nothing serious😃Thanks best western for a good job taking care of our family

• Reviewed: June 27, 2017

Un-caring Staff & Rooms Hotter than Purgatory!

Got to the hotel after a long day of travel and checked into my room just before 10p and the room was humid as heck and probably close to 100 degrees......no lie. The AC had not been on all day; San Antonio hit 101 that day; and the room window blinds (facing south no less) were wide open. So I turned on the AC......but within moments I knew it would take hours to bring the temperature down do to the low flow of cold air coming out (yes.....it was on HIGH). So I went downstairs to ask for an already AIR CONDITIONED room rather than having to wait for what would most likely be hours to get to human-agreeable temperature in my room because I desperately wanted to go to sleep. When I returned to the office (less than 5 minutes from check-in) the Assistant Manager was nowhere around. He showed back up about 7-10 minutes later - at least the lobby was air conditioned. I stated the problem, told him I KNOW to convert a room of the current temperature to something into something tolerable to sleep in would take hours and asked for another room already cooled. He stated he "didn't get to turning on the AC in that room today because he got busy." So because he got busy.....I get to suffer. He didn't have any other rooms available that were in any better condition, but I could wait in the lobby if I liked. Right.......I pay for a room......an AIR CONDITIONED room......and I get to wait in the lobby. I said no.......that I would take my son, and we would try and stick it out. And so we went back to our room.......and tried. 45 minutes later..........the room had hardly changed temperature.......we were STANDING literally OVER the vent to stay in the air area.......both of us getting more desperately tired......and I am getting more agitated at what I am NOT getting.......a room that was PAID for in-advance. So, I called the office once more.......pleading for something.......even a fan to circulate the air. All I ever got was.......nothing.

Did not like much. Bad experience the first night ruined the tone.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2017

Stay somewhere else

Dirty, housekeeping never came, carpets were filfthy, rushed out of room, people drinking beer in their work trucks in the parking lot

Close to downtown

• Reviewed: May 31, 2017

Will probably not stay here again.

The information on line states that my room had a sofa. I even requested one when I booked the room. The staff told me none of the rooms had sofas & they charged me an extra $25 for a rollaway bed.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2017

Perfect stay!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very professional staff person, John, was very friendly, helpful, and did everything to make our stay a great one. He commented the rooms had new furniture recently installed, and indeed they were new and tasteful. Perfect stay, very well priced. Did not use the pool, but looked well kept and inviting. Will stay there again!

• Reviewed: May 23, 2017

Very Pleased Guests!

No comments - we had a great experience!

We got to this location at the very last minute and were not sure what we would find. We showed close to midnight and were greeted immediately by a very friendly gentleman who explained everything we needed to know, told us about breakfast and hours, etc. The next morning we came down about 20-30 minutes after breakfast had ended, but another equally friendly gentleman, directed us to the breakfast area where there was coffee (all my husband needed) and a few breakfast items as well. We cannot express enough how grateful and impressed we were with our experience.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

Breakfast was always hot and manager was continually working...

Pool area was not super nice and hot tub area but maybe because it wasn't warm enough to swim Pool needs a fence blocking it from road and parking lot. Six foot, etc.

Breakfast was always hot and manager was continually working to get more eggs, etc. ready Super nice staff.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Rooms were modern and looked as advertised on site.

Room was hot and stuffy when we walked in because the air-conditioning was shut off.

Rooms were modern and looked as advertised on site. Something that doesn't often happen at other hotels. Checking in and out was quick and easy.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Bteakfast weak, spa doesn't work, room not entirely clean

Hot tub didn't work and was cool. Mattresses old, bathroom floor dirty. Room had faint smoke smell after staying a while. Shower not much pressure. Manager/owner wearing pajama bottoms T front desk. Biscuits cold, not enough waffle mix. No butter. OverLl, would not stay again and very disappointed to pay $50 for that experience. Might not use bookong.com again, because I don't believe the rating/score this place got which encouraged me to book there.

Location, tv stations

• Reviewed: April 30, 2017

too bright
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Blackout curtains were unable to be drawn close. Coupled with the walkway light next to my window it made for less than a good nights sleep.

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

General location was close to Morgan's Wonderland where...

Location. Its right off the busy highway. No wheelchair accessible rooms were available and we had a special needs child in a wheelchair traveling with us.

General location was close to Morgan's Wonderland where we were visiting.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2017

Nice but could use some improvement

Finally finding the location. Due to the construction we were consistently lost. Took forever to find it. Could have had a better selection on breakfast. Didn't like the fact of the door connected to next room.

Staff was friendly. Quiet all weekend. We were given extra checkout time. Beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2017

Nice stay

Stayed 2 nights. After first night left early in the morn for work when i went back to hotel after, no one wemt to clean room or bring towels.

Furniture up to date.very nice and comfortable,room was nice, had microwave and mini fridge. Breakfast was ok. biscuits eggs sausage few pastries oatmeal and dry cereal. Coffee juices. The biscuits and gravy werent good

• Reviewed: December 28, 2016

I'll never stay @ best western ever again

Staff, rules and guidelines that aren't explained or on any online information

Nothing. I got charged for a night I didn't even stay. Business would not refund me or comidate me at all.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2016

Susi

We couldn't use hot water when we arrived. Receptionist couldn't speak fluently English.

Just cheaper than any other hotel around there. Easy access to ATT center.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2016

I stay here whenever I come into town for a family visit.

Breakfast eggs are awful. Bring back the hard boiled eggs.

I stay here whenever I come into town for a family visit. The staff is friendly and helpful and management always seems to be improving the interiors of the rooms.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2016

One of the best Best Westerns!

Really can't say anything was bad at all.

Room was very clean, air conditioning worked great, nice large flat screen TV, and the staff was excellent!!! Nice breakfast with eggs,sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles and muffins. All around excellent stay. Nice area, will definitely be back!!

• Reviewed: October 28, 2016

Nice, clean room at a great rate.

The breakfast needs some work. It would have been nice to have some eggs. The gravy and sausage was week.

Clean room and the bed was comfortable. There was a lot of counter space - wife liked that. All about the room was good.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2016

Happiness goes a long way!

Initial reception was annoying to the point that the clerk had to check herself and apply customer satisfaction. It felt like I was being defensive when all I asked for was what I reserved, nothing more.

Very clean and tidy. The attention to detail is obvious to myself.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2016

Not a HOTEL, its a MOTEL

This was listed at a Hotel and definitely was not. It was a Motel. I do not like staying in places where the doors open to the outside. I will NEVER stay at a best Western again. There were ants in the bathroom, went and bought raid to kill them. The price I was given on booking was not the price I paid.

The employee at check out was very nice. She was smiling and a great asset

• Reviewed: September 29, 2016

I'd stay again!

There were a lot of cigarette buttstock everywhere and even though the room was a non-smoking room, it smelled a little smoky. Not sure if it was coming from another room or what.

The front desk staff was awesome. The breakfast selection was very nice as well.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2016

great hotel
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking lot sucks especially if it's a busy night or summer. Just seems like there's not enough space.

Rooms are very nice & new. The beds are soft new T.V & bathroom I really liked how they made the rooms 5 star like. Hot breakfast although I didn't eat any but saw the food when checking out early.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2016

Won't be staying here again and won't recommend it!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds -Non-Smoking

When we first arrived one of the beds linens had stains on it and since it was around 3 pm I guess all the cleaning staff were gone so the manager gave me the new sheets so I could make up the bed on my own. Upon waking up after our first night I woke with bug bites (fleas I'm thinking) all over my body. Plus we had to kill two roaches in our room, one was left on the floor due to us running out the door for an engagement and when we returned it was still on the floor so housekeeping didn't vacuum well. And walking barefoot in the room for a couple of hours and our feet were ridiculously dirty. And our key cards half the time didn't work and we had to go to the front office for them to give us a new key

One manager named Cristina was the only employee to actually care about the complaints we had and actually tried to make our stay more pleasant.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2016

Bad start at the Best Western Garden Inn

I booked on-line a week prior but when I got there (7:52 AM) after driving over 8 hours Mr. Victor informed us that we could not check in before 3 PM and he could not process with my credit card (not sure why because money was in bank acct.) I had to go find an ATM and bring back cash which was a far greater amount than what I initially booked for. Mr. Victor did not know any location of banks. My husband located one by GPS thank God. The next day I lost $2 in coke machine, Mr. Victor did reimburse $1.

The bed / I've been on a hunt for the same mattress set but to no avail.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2016

Room and Pool were very clean.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds -Non-Smoking

Breakfast ran out both days we were there before breakfast was scheduled to be over. Front desk refused to provide more than two pool towels even though we were paying for four people in the room.

Room and Pool were very clean.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2016

Took the staff over an hour to check us into the hotel...

Took the staff over an hour to check us into the hotel because only 1 staff member was working while 2 sat around and watched. The mini fridge in our room was broken and putting off an awful smell when we first got there, and the workers didn't show up to look at it until 11:30pm that night when we reported the problem as soon as we arrived.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Very clean, great breakfast

Very clean, great breakfast

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Worth it

Too close to the highway

Breakfast was great

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Really nice place!

If only the little gym could have a dumbbell rack.

Everything. Room is clean. Staffs are nice. Nice little pool.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

That they close the pool early

That they close the pool early

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Good service

GpS had wrong location

Good service

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

My overall experience was great clean quiet and pleasant.

My overall experience was great clean quiet and pleasant.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

EVERYTHING

O.M.G I LOVED IT. WE HADA GREAT STAY AND WE WILL BE BACK.

EVERYTHING

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Very clean!

Very clean! Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Clean comfortable room

Hot tub didn't work!

Clean comfortable room

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Comfort and Super Clean Environment

The bed was so comfortable and the breakfast had a great selection. The place was extremely clean.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

It was ok

Breakfast could have been better, more fruit and Diabetic friendly. Very noisy at times especially after 10pm

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Very comfortable beds and very nice staff

Very comfortable beds and very nice staff

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

The location was convenient for a cheaper alternative then...

The beds were not as comfy as I would have liked for them to be.

The location was convenient for a cheaper alternative then staying on the riverwalk.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Very clean, very polite staff, a bit pricy BUT I had a room...

Very clean, very polite staff, a bit pricy BUT I had a room right in front of the pool so it felt like luxury. Great stay.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Very good

Traffic

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

The friendly staff and quiet room.

There wasn't anything about the hotel that I didn't like!

The friendly staff and quiet room.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Pleasant

Prefer indoor hallway rooms..

Front desk clerk, very polite, friendly..

• Reviewed: December 8, 2017

It was great
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything was good. The weather is what got us down

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

It was clean, comfortable and quiet.

It was clean, comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Bed comfy

Na

Bed comfy

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

I will recommend this hotel eith fsmily and friends

The location, courteous of the employees.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

bath room curtain had blood b stainner was clogged with hair...

bath room curtain had blood b stainner was clogged with hair stain , bath tu

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Best price in town

Small attention to detail on remodeling and the curtains always hinder the flow from a/c every motel everywhere

Remodeling

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Service in general.

Service in general.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2017

Bright light in a long trip

NA

Bed size was fantastic and it was really comfortable; great value for money; would stay again 10/10

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Room was on the first floor and access with two large suit...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds -Non-Smoking

Room was on the first floor and access with two large suit cases was problematic

• Reviewed: April 8, 2017

Great place

NA

It was a very clean place. the my are doing up grades which makes the place clean

• Reviewed: April 1, 2017

It was good.

Downstairs room would have been better cause i am a disabled veteran and it was quite hard and painful to climb the stairs.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2017

Beds great.

Beds great. No highway noise

• Reviewed: March 24, 2017

The rooms were very clean and the staff were professional...

Everything was good; there is nothing I did not like about this hotel.

The rooms were very clean and the staff were professional and friendly as well.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2017

They needed to put some scramble eggs out for breakfast but...

They needed to put some scramble eggs out for breakfast but other than that it was good.