Reviews of Best Western Grant Park Hotel 3 stars

1100 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL 60605, USA

#138 of 146 hotels in Chicago

Satisfactory overall ,the position of the hotel makes up for the miserable receptionist.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our original room was next to the hotels air con unit which was running continuously.We asked to be moved and at first were we told there were none available..Not very helpful,and miserable attitude.However, the other receptionist was entirely the opposite and found a room in a matter of seconds.

The location was fantastic and close to public transport.Easy to get to fromO'Hare airport and a direct line from midway airport.

Loved the location, the staff was great, very friendly and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room drove my allergies crazy, I'm allergic to mold and mildew. Each morning I woke up and my ears and throat was hurting, my eyes was watery. It didn't have a refrigerator or microwave.

Loved the location, the staff was great, very friendly and helpful.

Liked location and cleanliness

No refrigerator or microwave in room and no free breakfast that I’m used to at best western. Air conditioner worked but made a junking sound after each cycle. I told them when I was checking out and they’re going to fix

Liked location and cleanliness

Rooms not entirely wheelchair accessible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was not accessible for my daughter's wheelchair. Even after I contacted them 3 times and gave them measurements, my daughter did not have access to the beds.

Clean. Friendly helpful staff. Convenient location.

Nothing more than a place to sleep.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very small, old, outdated rooms. Housekeeping began knocking on our door beginning at 9:15 am and woke everyone up (check out was noon). She knocked separate 3 times before we left at 11.

Valet parking was nice, though it took a long time to get our car at check out.

The location!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pillows to small, the elevators made noise, restaurant slow and weird, parking $52 per day! sofa bed mattress was very thin and spring stuck out, no breakfast!

The location!

I liked that it was close to attractions and restaurants.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non Smoking

That there were no parking and it cost so much to park

I liked that it was close to attractions and restaurants. I also liked that the hotel was clean and the employees were friendly and helpful.

Close to tourist attractions and a close walk to shops and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A little bit dated & noisy during the night. No fridge in our room to keep water cold.

Close to tourist attractions and a close walk to shops and restaurants. Friendly and very helpful staff

Great for a business trip.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No mini fridge. Walls are very thin. A lot of people speaking very loudly at night (always past 10 pm). No executive or meeting room.

Nice room and good beds. Super clean, and very nice housekeeping personnel. Trader's Joe very close.

It was on the pricey side for what you are getting. It was really just OK for what we needed.

Noise, A few things like construction right behind the hotel and you usual city noise is out of their control, but the heater/ac unit was crazy loud specially when starting up. Also there was a constant noise coming from the ventilation system in the hallways. Also the most exercise equipment was broken.

Location is great for our needs.

Staff was very friendly, location is perfect, close to...

Everything was perfect :)

Staff was very friendly, location is perfect, close to Roosevelt metro station, where you can easily take the orange line to Midway Airport or to the other side of the loop. Good restaurants and shops (e.g. Walgreens) are close to the hotel. Room was also good.

It was a good stay

The handle on the shower was a little broken. You had to push in and turn to make the water come out when you should just be able to turn the handle for that. Sometimes I would turn the handle and nothing would come out. There was “a trick” you had to do to get it to work. But it wasn’t the most terrible thing in the world.

Staff was really nice

A most pleasant experience

Great view from bedroom, bed very comfortable, safe available for valuables, very convenient for use of the Loop rail connection. Very pleasant and helpful staff on duty at Reception.

Good value for the money!

Noisy air conditioning unit and bathroom vent.

Good value for the money! Perfect central location close to everything Nice rooms and great beds Nice and helpful staff Good wifi

Great spot, comfy bed, great room staff were great

Parking was $52 a night - bit of a stretch but that was it

Great spot, comfy bed, great room staff were great On our honeymoon and was one of the best rooms we had

Won't be staying here again...
    • Queen Room with Lake View - Non-Smoking

Tv's are Outdated (i.e. can't use Fire stick in HDMI ports). Bathrooms need paint job & Outside Windows need to be cleaned. Unless you use Overpriced Valet Parking, Self Parking is 2 blocks away (& Don't expect any Parking Assistance from Staff).

Location was excellent (directly across from Grant Park). Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Soldier Field Stadium were easy walks from here.

Hotel was not good . Very disappointing.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty! We had half roll of toilet paper. Very old and dirty . Cold water for shower Sunday morning. Peeling paint in shower

Location close to shedd aquarium.very good customer. Service at desk

It would have been fine if it was $50-$70 less a night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I felt like it was overpriced for the accommodations. I went with Best Western because I thought I knew what I was getting but this location lacks many of the ammenities all other Best Westerns I've stayed in had such as complimentary breakfast, a refrigerator and microwave in the room. In addition, the heating system is terribly noisy and goes on and off about every two minutes. Also, our first day there housekeeping came in and tore apart the beds and left it that way. I hadn't asked for the sheets to be changed. There were blankets and sheets everywhere. When I called the front desk to report it they asked me what it was I needed for them to do and I had to literally tell them to call their housekeeping staff to remake the beds and finishing cleaning the room. They had left rags as well! It was a bit odd.

This hotel is in a great location, across the street from the museum campus at Grant Park close to restaurants, Trader Joes and the train station.

Very nice staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have liked more amenities like fridge in the room or pool at the hotel. Room & bathroom very small in both rooms we rented

Very nice staff. Doorman that worked on evening of 4-4-18 was extremely helpful & went extra mile to help us & recommend local attractions & restaurants

Nice, but next time I’ll take the train.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking. I was under the impression the hotel covered parking. Not the case. You do have to either valet or self park 5 min away in a garage.

I like the location of the hotel. There was some construction going on next door but other than that the neighborhood was great. Awesome deli within a 5 minute walk.

Friendly staff at average facility
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

HVAC was loud & old. Remodel missed a few things. Cold air came through the wall of windows, but this is Chicago.

Staff at the front desk...superb! Very kind & helpful. Best part of stay!

Great location next to the museum campus and South Loop.

The ceiling above my shower was in disrepair and the water would not stop running out of the faucet.

Great location next to the museum campus and South Loop. Hotel is about what you would expect for the price point.

Very clean hotel with friendly staff, i was in Chicago...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very clean hotel with friendly staff, i was in Chicago attending a conference over there in mccormick place so the hotel was already connected to that llace but little bit away from the centre

Love it

Unexpectedly great. It's on Michigan Avenue and near to a CTA train station. Bus stop is across the street and the routes are also very convenient. Highly recommend.

Very noisy, bring earplugs!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotelroom was very noisy. I slept very poorly for three days due to noise from the street and inside the hotel. The heater was also very noisy and switched on in the middle of the night to do a anti-freeze cycle. Also the heater did not work. When I dropped something on the Floor and checked under the bed Where it was I found several items from previous guests.

Nice restaurant attached to it with friendly staff

I would probably stay t
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no refrigerator in the room. The price per day for the valet parking was high.

The manager and staff were very friendly and courious. Issues were immediately handled.

Great value for the location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is a $52 per day charge for parking with valet service that should probably just be included in the room charge. The facilities are fairly basic, but clean and comfortable. We had two small children with us, which made the room feel small, but again, everything was clean and comfortable. Even with the parking/valet charge, the room was a good value.

The room was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Museum Campus, and there were numerous dining options close by as well. The valet service was efficient.

Great view.
    • Queen Room with Lake View - Non-Smoking

Could hear everything going on in the rooms next to us. Made the experience less relaxing than hoped.

Great view. Close to the loop. Valet parking at a reasonable price.

I was able to get a fridge in my room at no extra charge.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no microwave available to guests. One of the beds in my room was very lopsided, but thankfully I didn't need it.

I was able to get a fridge in my room at no extra charge.

Hotel was fine. Disappointed couldn't get more help with customer service.

Was booking rooms for business travel and accidentally double booked room. Staff was unwilling/ unable to help reschedule room/ cancel reservation.

Location is great. Staff is attentive.

The room I live is not wind proof, I always feel so cold,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room I live is not wind proof, I always feel so cold, and the window heater keep kicking on time by time, noisy, when I turn it off, the cold wind come in from some where, feel so cold. ROOM 316

Great location, Price, Staff super nice. I really liked this place>great for me

AC was loud and room a bit hot, had to turn it off, soundproofing was not amazing garbage trucks woke me up a couple of times

the room was quite comfortable

Great Stay.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non Smoking

It is a no frills hotel, but a good value for the price.

We arrived into town several hours before check-in. My husband was not feeling well so I called to see if they could take us early. They found us a room and he was able to take a much needed nap before our son's volleyball match.

Great location but heating system meant sleepless night
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Heating unit on room 1 didntwork and only blew cold air plus could not be turned off so switched rooms. Second room had heating working but as soon as it reached key room temp it would blow cold and the return to heating later with loud rattling and roaring as it sputtered to life. We didnt sleep a wink as non of the units could be turned off

When we needed to change rooms after a fault with the heating they quickly sent staff member to us with new key rather than us having to return to reception

Very comfortable beds;
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have offered free bottle of water and bedroom slippers just like in Best Western Hotel in Hongkong

Very comfortable beds; Staff especially the guy named Loreto were very helpful!

Great View. Close to Shedd, Field Museum and Planetarium.
    • Queen Room with Lake View - Non-Smoking

Large room. Very spacious. Close to Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Planetarium - Which was perfect for our stay! The view was amazing too! Great price for location.

The room was a great value for the money and a great...
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non Smoking

The room was a great value for the money and a great location. They even upgraded the room for free since it was my birthday! Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

All in all, I loved this hotel. The location was great because it was close to all the attractions!
    • Queen Room with Lake View - Non-Smoking

Maybe the doors of the hotel room. They were tough to close, and made loud noises whenever I tried to shut them. Same went for all the other doors I guess, because they made sounds whenever entered their room.

I loved how my hotel room faced the park - and the windows were huge so I could see the view from my room. That may be a minus for some people, but I usually love huge windows so this was a huge plus for me. I also asked for a recommendation for deep dish pizza, and they said Lou Malnati's. There is one not far from the hotel, and they gave me a little referral code that gave me a free cookie pizza with ice cream or bruschetta. I totally loved the cookie pizza.

It was a place to sleep that was clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's not the hotel's fault but our room was above the front entrance. There was street construction and a big sheet of metal on the street where cars went over. It was loud and went on all night. I thought it was thundering at times. There was cold air coming in from the window even though the curtains were shut.

The bed was comfortable.

This is a great place to stay that offers amenities and location for a very reasonable price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were portions of the ceiling around the windows that were not spackled and painted. It looked like there might have been a water leak. Also, there was no refrigerator ~ appeared to have been taken out. The only other item was beyond their control. There was construction next door.

The staff is the most friendly crew I have had the pleasure speaking to. They were extremely professional and very accommodating. The room was clean, and the location was excellent.

Beds are really comfortable, there’s a complimentary coffee...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There’s no mini fridge at the room, so the hotel kinda obligates you to have breakfast at their restaurant and it’s not the best and as everything in chicago, is quite expensive! The complimentary coffee was replaced at our room, but not the sugar, etc!

Beds are really comfortable, there’s a complimentary coffee at the room, the air conditioning and heating work fine, shower is good.

Had an awesome time
    • Queen Room with Lake View - Non-Smoking

They need an indoor pool. Especially when kids are there for more than one day and weather is bad outside.

Loved the view. Especially watching the sunrise on Lake Michigan from my room. Staff was friendly. Price was good. Everything was walking distance. Would definitely come again!

Everything was awesome overall.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They need an indoor pool. Kids definitely wanted to swim and they ended up sad they had to keep their swimming suits in their luggage.

View was great, price was good, staff was very helpful, friendly. Loved how the park, lake, museums, Shedd Aquarium were very close. Everything was walking distance. Weather wasn’t bad for being November. Would definitely come again!

Staff were friendly, helpful.

Pillows were flat, felt like you didn’t have any and the toilet paper felt like sandpaper.

Staff were friendly, helpful. Rooms were clean. Great location for a lot of activities

My reservation was for a king suite.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Feel like the whole situation was not what I booked. Disappointed.

My reservation was for a king suite. I didnt get a suite, only a king bed. The bed was very uncomfortable. Then they promised a fridge, but we never got it.

The Best Western was very clean, comfortable and everyone was very friendly. Will stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only complaint was the doors were so heavy that they slammed every time someone went in and out.

It was conveniently located to our desired destination. The restaurant was amazing, food and service.

great experience

The hotel is conveniently located near the conference that I attended (McCormick Place). The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Great location in the South Loop.

Just ok.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non Smoking

The heater/ac old and loud couldn't sleep straight. Furniture old and room smells humid.

Last minute decided to have a trip to Chicago. So it was one of chepeast I've found. Location Quite far from the center.

I would add a little snack area I would stay here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking! $50 per night is outrageous. I was able to park in a lot a couple of blocks away for $12-24 (depending on how long I was going to park the car) but it was also POURING, so while I was able to find affordable parking, i was drenched by the time I got to the hotel

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice. The location was perfect for visiting my daughter at Columbia

Excellent except for the bad checking in experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The reception we got from the female staff was frosty and cold. The staff member did not want to engage with us and would not make eye contact. We tried the pay our account in full on arrival with our debit card and they would not accept it. Some advice when traveling throughout America - They DO NOT like Debit Cards as there is no name on the card, only the card number.

The hotel was very comfortable, rooms clean, bathroom acceptable and the TV was great as we got all channels and the reception didn't die on us.

Central location - worked really well with our group as we...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No refrigeration and pot for boiling water in the room. It takes a while before hot water comes out of the shower. Service in the restaurant was below par.

Central location - worked really well with our group as we were there for the Chicago Marathon. Millennium and Grant parks are well within walking dis trance. Train stiation is also nearby. Close to the theaters, museums and restaurants (deep-dish pizza legends!!!). Front desk staff were helpful.

Disappointed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Same answer i didnt like much,

Not much, the clogs at tub, no fridge( but the space was there to have one) no offer???? No shuttle No prepare to welcome runners with Bank of America event every year!

Best Western Grant is the economical and cool place to Park!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

To move to perfect only required a breakfast room but hey, this is the US of A food and a coffee besides the one in your room is no problem. Actually we used oats in a pot and boiled water along with banana and orange from nearby Trader Joe's to set us up until we got DownTown. Do ascend Willis Tower and /or John Hancock's. Get a Ventra card to travel on Loop, buses and an $8 one way water taxi to see the skyscrapers from the Chicago River.

BW Grant is a great location. Very comfortable and welcoming. Tracy and her staff, especially Raymond who meets you at the door then tells you the best places to eat, including breakfast (no breakfast service at the Grant - the only draw back but not an issue for a big city hotel). Raymond suggest several for our evening meal on Wabash. He also told us about the bus 1 that stops across South Michigan that at peak times takes you down town to Union Station and stops out the door on return. The 29 bus on State Street, two blocks left takes you to Navy Pier and 126 up the Michigan shoreline. Roosevelt Loop is easy walk too. Across from the hotel Grant Park itself and then to the museums and the shoreline - great of an evening with Willis Tower and a sunset backdrop. Chicago is truly a wonderful town.

Good location and modern hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Other front desk staff were unfriendly and unhelpful almost like they are forced to assist you. The beds were the most uncomfortable and the pillows.

Octavio the duty manager and lareto the baggage assistant. Quiet good location

the staff was very helpfull.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the view from my room was to a construction site just across the hotel. when i oped the curtains i did NOT feel comfortable at all.

the staff was very helpfull. the room was big. the bed was comfortable. great shower too.

The staff was welcoming and were respectful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked a room with 2 double beds, as stated in my confirmation email. Once I got to the hotel, the receptionist insisted that I booked a king suite. It wasn't the end of ur world, as long as we had a bed. So I didn't care to keep insisting that she was wrong. Once we got to the room, the pull out bed was not made and the cushions were on the floor. The pool that was advertised looked like it has not been used for months and was not filled. Pretty sketchy and not worth the $280 we paid.

The staff was welcoming and were respectful. They were very busy when we checked in and when we checked out. They seemed stressed with the other customers they were helping, but were polite and kind to me.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

room is very small You had to ask for a fridge? I mean who does that anymore ??? Seemed very old school and an annoyance for the price of one nights stay with parking

I would use this location again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Minor issue was size of elevators. six people with bags max..

The lady who checked us in was very friendly and recommended places in see while in town. I wish I could remember her name.

Good location and price, but a bit rundown and not the cleanest as well as organisational issues

After quoting my name (from passport) and booking number multiple times the front desk staff couldn't find our booking from booking.com and since it was too late in the evening to do anything else we had to accept getting a room with a different (more expensive) rate. This was eventually sorted and we got a refund, but only after we complained to booking.com which confirmed the booking was sent to the hotel and requested they refund us the difference. Rooms are also fairly dated and not the cleanest. I suffer from dust mite allergies and wouldn't recommend it to follow allergy sufferers as there is quite a bit of old and dirty carpet and furniture in the room.

Convenient location next to the Grant Park, within walking distance most downtown sights, and with good public transport links in the area. We also go a fairly reasonable rate compared to other downtown Chicago hotels.

Stay was very good.

No availability of breakfast included. Pillows not comfortable AC very noisey when kicking on about every 8-10 minutes.

Picked this hotel due to location of family and the ability to walk to many attractions. Would have preferred breakfast included. Was not available through Booking.com

Touring Chicago was interesting , awesome , delightful, intriguing & exciting !
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not that it bothered me personally because I went strictly for sightseeing so the hotel is a perfect base for that , however for someone that is looking for a Hotel with extra amenities for relaxing this Best Western location does not yet have that , the outside pool that was once here is not going to be reopened but plans are in place to replace that with a relaxing lounge are which will really extend the amenities in the future 😀👍👌

The lady at reception called Amena was extrodinary , her advise & guidance was amazing , I was so blessed to receive her help --- Thank you 😇 The on site Restaurant is delightful especially for breakfast , the food is good , the service is great & if breakfast is included in your room rate well then it is a gem ! I loved my room , extremely comfortable with everything I needed , a true home away from home 😀👍👌 What a super location for sightseeing & transit connections , I navigated my way around to all the sights and sounds easily and had a delightful holiday

Perfect spot to stay to visit the museums and aquarium.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A/C was very loud and windows were dirty.

The room was very clean. The bathroom was spotless. We felt very comfortable in the room. The restaurant on the first floor was excellent.

Ecxeptional!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a bit of a difficulty in closing and opening the room door. This could have been avoided. But the excellent service received made up for that wee bit of inconvenience.

The staff were very friendly - from the Receptionists to the House Cleaning staff. We felt at home! The room was always very clean. Someone was always available to assist with any queries we had relating to getting around Chicago.

excellent service, excellent location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We passed by the hotel twice as there are no street level signs. Parking was ok, several options, we chose public parking next door as it was less expensive than the hotel valet and more secure with less hassle than street parking.

Excellent location, very clean, staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were nice and have been updated.

Close to some nice attractions, also easy transportation access.

The view from our window wasn't too nice, but we didn't stay in much.

The staff was very nice and helpful..very friendly. Our hostess Erica was exceptional!! What a sweetheart!! Rooms were clean and comfy. When we return we will be staying with you again. Thanx-a-bunch!

I loved it the hotel is one that i will only rent when staying in chicago no other hotels for me

Nothing at all

I love best westren grant park hotel its my only hotel i will rent in chicago i love the staff i love the room are so clean quiet a just my all time farvotie hotel in chicago

Very nice. We would definitely return to this location.

Our über promo given to us by the staff was not applicable to our first ride.

The front desk staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. We loved the ice cold flavoured water at the front desk.

This hotel and its location made my stay almost 'heaven on earth'.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would have loved to have a small microwave oven and fridge to store and heat up leftovers taken to the room. The food is so tasty you don't want to just throw it away.

I liked the opportunity to have breakfast and dinner inside the hotel and the quick attention given to concerns. The staff was attentive and kind. The restaurant personnel was professional and patient.

Good hotel easy access from public transport to get into and out of downtown

The additional local taxes considerably added to the headline price quoted by booking.com and as they were a total of 17.5 % meant the bill was circa $100 more than I had budgeted for . It was in the booking . Com small print so I'd missed it . Nevertheless making the total price applicable clearer would be more helpful when booking

Good room facilities and coffee shop in same building for good breakfast

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Nice hotel for a reasonable price in a great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms are small and there was still a lot of construction going on. Parking was not the easiest, but that's typical for Chicago.

The property has recently been renovated, but is still a little dated. Rooms are nice, but pretty small. The staff, though, was very friendly and helpful. Wifi was quick and the location is fantastic.

very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would have liked a pool. i didn't read the fine print.

Nice affordable hotel. 30 minutes to state street. Grant park, the aquarium, and the natural history museum a few minutes away. Two great breakfast joints outside of the hotel. Fitness room adequate.

Excellent location for Museum Campus and downtown area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no swimming pool available during construction and the noise of jackhammers during the week.

The location of the hotel was within walking distance to the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium. The room was very clean and the view from our room was amazing! We had a view of Grant Park, skyline and Navy Pier. Staff was very accommodating with our request for an upper floor room.

Location, easy access to public transports and metro.

The hotel window isn't well isolated that noise came into the room from busy streets.. there is no good sattelite TV channels and no paid TV available...

Location, easy access to public transports and metro...

Mostly excellent

The coffee in the bathroom because there was more coffee grinds than coffee itself.

Basically everything! Did not hit up the gym because I was there for Lollapalooza.

View of city and location to attractions
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No link to savings on museum discounts when booking on booking.com got there and could've saved money getting in field museum and parking.

View of city and location to attractions