Reviews of Best Western Greenfield Inn 3 stars

3000 Enterprise Drive, Allen Park, MI 48101, USA

#2 of 2 hotels in Allen Park

It was some construction going on around the hotel. It made it a little difficult getting on and off of Enterprise Drive.

It was very clean. It had more of a modern look.

The outside of the hotel, automatically makes you think the inside is really really ugly; but is not.

The hard work housekeepers put into keeping the rooms very tidy and clean! They are awesome.

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

We booked a room with a whirlpool only to find out we didn't get it

The bar...great service and we were able to bring drinks and food back to the room.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The shower head was the smallest one they could have ever made. You would try to make the wand spray straight so you could get some water but it just always turned to the wall so you were cold in the shower do to lack of water. It was very hard to wash up and get ready for the day with this stupid shower head. It was the worst I have ever seen in a hotel. I get that you may be trying to save on water but that is truly ridiculous. Didn't use hot tub because it looks bad with all the paint chipping off and then the hotel expects you to use it that way. Gross!

Hotel rooms were clean and comfortable, staff was friendly and willing to help, food in restaurant was delicious, both breakfast and dinner. Pool was warm, clean and large enough to hold quite a few people.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The walking distance of my room from the nearest elevator point would prefer a much closer room for any senior citizen.

I love everything; the staff, comfortable clean room and the cleanliness of the hotel. Peter you're the Best ! thanks for your care and concern for my wellbeing when I was not feeling well.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn’t like that there was no mention on the website about the hot tub. I didn’t bring my suit and definitely would’ve enjoyed a little R&R in the hot tub. Also, the hotel needs to add signage within the corridors, identifying the bank of room numbers therein. The property is very large and difficult to navigate.

Had to be moved from my original room, as it smelled very strongly of paint. My second room was great - loved the fan unit within the heat/ac, as I was able to run it on high and drown out any noise. Staff allowed me a late checkout at no additional charge.

The only downside was the bathroom was small, which isn't normally an issue, but the layout was awkward at best.

The Staff Was really friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub were amazing and not full of Chlorine, though it was evident it was used.

There wasn't a thing i disliked.... no complaints

My room was excellent loved everything about it. The staff from the lady whom signed me in to the last lady I spoke with about adding another night were GREAT! This is my 2nd stay here and I couldn't be more pleased. I have suggested this location to friends and family as well as i will most definitely be returning. Even the ladies that cleaned my room was great.

There was nothing about this establishment that I didnt like.

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the entire establishment. The customer service was great and I like the convenience of being able to do your own laundry.

How I felt Like The reception was racially profiling. She insisted that we need bracelets to swim even if we where not swimming, when none of the other guest that was in the pool area had on a wristband. I don't like the fact you are charged for a roll away bed, and for the cost breakfast was not include or they don't serve it. The noise from the freeway is over whelming.

The gift store was open all night

• King Room - Disability Access

Noisy partying, drinking on my floor. Middle of the night banging on my door on final night by a person obviously not a guest, asking via phone-screen typing, "Is she there.?" Left me suspicious about what all goes on at the hotel.

Staff friendly, casual, not like some of the stiff-necked recent graduates of hotel-management school that you find in too many other hotels. other. Food at restaurant and bar pretty good, and hours when food's available are suitable. Shuttle to/from airport was reasonably prompt and hassle-free.

Checked in late, close to midnight. No one was at front desk, took about five minutes for clerk to stroll up and not even acknowledge I had been waiting. Pool was freezing, hot tub out of order.

Parking was easy and price was good. Fridge and microwave in room.

Restaurant served limited meals - more "healthy" options would have been most welcome. All edible but if you don't like the American diet, you are limited in what you can eat at the hotel. You can eat other options at the shopping centre but I wouldn't feel comfortable walking back at night

Detroit really is a "you better have a car" type of a city. I arrived without a car (well, not from Australia anyway!) and had only the Henry Ford Museum to view. So crossing the Interstate Highway meant a long walk around to get to the shopping centre - say 1.5 km's - most of it without a footpath but it is extremely "do-able". Henry Ford Museum - the hotel has a free shuttle but the walk will take you about 30 minutes (slowly) and is straight forward - you'll see the hotel at the end! You'll probably see some camouflaged "new model" Ford's driving the streets too.

I grew up in this neighborhood. Whenever anyone comes from out of town they always stay at the Pink Palace. I live in another state but it is my first choice when I come back to Michigan. It is clean, the staff is great, good food and a great location just off the freeway.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

What I did not like was the option to pay cash. I was clear that I wanted to pay cash but the hotel needed to charge my card each day and it was interfering with my funds. The hotel was accommodating.

I loved the complimentary breakfast at the restaurant located inside of the hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The time you have to wait for taxi or Uber for moving from the hotel

Nice hotel near the highway. I really appreciate the presence of a small gym and of the swimming pool.

Toilet too short & bathroom fan noisy.

The shuttle to the Henry Ford, food & price & best was the staff. Chrystal was the best, everything she recommended was perfect! She’s a great asset!!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing that could have made this better was complimentary breakfast.

Our room was very clean and well-lit. The pool was enjoyable and they kept the towels stocked. The staff was friendly, and overall we had no issues. The restaurant and bar in the hotel had great service. We'd definitely stay again.

Noise form cleaner hoovering the hall at 22:00 and noisy guests not considering others as well as staff at reception not reacting to noisy guests

Comfy bed and really nice room

There is no hot tub. However, they do have a steam room.

This property was a pleasant surprise. The restaurant and bar were excellent. The location is great too.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had a queen room, but the bed really seemed more like the size of a double bed, and it wasn't super comfortable, but not terrible. Also the pillows were strangely small and square, more like a couch pillow size. The room was small as well, but we were only there to sleep, so it wasn't a big deal.

We stayed here while in the area to visit Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum. There was a shuttle available upon request to take you there from the hotel. It is very conveniently located to both places, and there is also a large shopping center right around the block. Everything was spotless, and the staff was friendly. We used the sauna and pool several times during our stay and they were well maintained. We ate dinner at the on-site restaurant one night and were happy with our experience there. Our room on the third floor was quiet, and it included a mini fridge and microwave. Overall, this was a good value for the money and I was pleased with the experience.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

We were bummed that the Jacuzzi is no longer available and wish we would have known ahead of time. Also we would have loved continental breakfast

Room was cozy, staff was friendly, overall we were very comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk lady crystal was horrible and rude! We stayed there for my daughters cheer competition and the whole team stayed and we were all very upset on how rude crystal was to us! We asked her questions about the area restaurants and she told us to use google! Some families were going to stay two nights but ended up canceling there 2nd night because of the way we were treated!

They played music in the pool room that was too loud. The type of music played prevented relaxation. Maintenance kept turning the sauna off while it was in use. Whirlpool wasn't warm enough. Too many screaming children running up and down the hallways. I stay here every time I visit Detroit, and I've never had these issues before. I will give them one more chance next month. I will look for another hotel if I have the same experience.

Very comfortable beds, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

real utensils and cups in the room

the room was exceptionally big and was extremely pleased with the layout. I would have preferred non throw away utensils and cups for the room. looking into the cabinets and drawers being empty felt weird.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Would be better if breakfast was included in this price.

Spacious room, very clean, good heating, big tv with cable, fridge and microwave worked excellent. big and comfy bed. The pool area was great and clean.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The shuttle left late by 15 minutes, a critical concern for people who stayed here for this amenity.

Clean, quiet, acceptable place to dock for a night.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

The walls are thin, I could hear the TV from the neighbouring room all night. Snow removal in the parking lot was not very good, there was ice everywhere that wasn't sanded.

Lots of electrical sockets - so charging all the gear was no problem. WiFi fast. I got really good cookies every night at the reception - you must stop by and try those!

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

The thermostat was ancient and did not work unless I physically went to turn it on "High", which I didn't do because the noise would have kept me up all night. Luckily, the room wasn't too cold, though it was snowing outside. I haven't had time to complain to the management yet. The walls are less than soundproof, as you can hear every toilet flush and water drain from showers above the room and next door.

Easily accessible and next to the highway and airport. Comfortable bed. Quaint. Room has everything you need for an overnight's stay.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

The maintenance they were doing on the pool area the day were checked out. I wasn't told about this until after I booked and checked in. We were planning on swimming that morning.

The beds and pillows were comfy. The pool area was very nice and quiet.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The first night of my visit I woke up to a barking dog in the next room. Every time I went back to sleep it started barking after two calls to the front desk they finally found which room the dog was in and the barking stopped.

The bed was very comfortable and the shower is outstanding.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Can't think of anything

We had a large corner room with extra space for a full size cot. Decor everywhere inside the hotel is great and is worth a visit on its own. The room was quiet and we had no disturbances from neighbors or from the outside. The pool looked good although we didn't have time to use it. Should do it next time! The restaurant is excellent: fast service, good quality, and the decor, again, is beautiful. The collection of books and vintage NatGeo magazines we browsed while waiting for our order was so much fun! Will definitely stay here next time we're in Detroit.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

I booked a King room, but was given 2 queens. When I called to ask for what I'd booked, I was simply told "we don't have any kings" even though I'd reserved one well in advance. No hair dryer in the bathroom. 3 decaf and just 1 caffeinated for the k-cups.

Loved the four poster beds and end of bed bench. The in-room Keurig is a nice touch. Ordered a deluxe pizza from the hotel restaurant and it was absolutely delicious!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The only problem we had was that the walls are not very insulated - we heard a lot of the conversation from the room next door and I'm sure they were able to hear us.

Breakfast was a great value for the money - food was plentiful and delicious and the staff was always friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Hotel seems to be attractive for sports teams at weekends who tend to be noisy folks including kids of all age - not the best time to hit the pool/gym.

Very good restaurant for both breakfast or dinner. Easy acess into Downtown Detroit via car when avoiding rush hours.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

There was nothing I did not like it was just a great stay

It was great our second stay at that hotel and I will always go to that one when I am in Detroit

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

nothing did not meet our expectations.

The restaurant was so convenient and excellent food with a great price. Sitting outside in the gazebo was awesome we were able to feel comfortable and not trapped in the room although the room was large and comfortable. We love the outdoors. Staff was friendly and great service.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Some areas seem to be getting a little worn. Carpet was coming up in the hall. Requested a king but were given two queens. However, I did not mention that at the desk. All in all, good stay.

Nice place. Restaurant food was very good. Bartender very friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Had to spend way more money then planned. The toilet backed up and overflowed. The tv didn't work the first few hours we were there, and you have to have wrist bands to enter the pool. Overall not a nice or well up kept hotel, many outdated things and could use remodeling!!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The check in staff didn't try to accommodate the situation she was not friendly and the fact that I had called to check on early check in and was on hold for 28,minutes

The atmosphere was great

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Clerk offered to call us a cab tgat they have a "discounted offer" worked out with. Yeah right .... cost us $35. And they left us stranded downtown detroit. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The bathroom exhaust fan in Room 235 had no airflow -- ducting may be obstructed.

Staff was exceptionally friendly and competent. Deja and Ana on the morning shift in the restaurant did the work of six people, yet remained unfailingly cheerful and upbeat.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is the perfect hotel. Possibly the best in the state of Michigan. Extremely comfortable beds, very clean hotel, pool area is very nice. I only stay at this location when I visit the Detroit area.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

They need to update AAA on how to reach and exit the facility.

All of the staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. The shuttle service for the Henry Ford complex was a wonderful surprise and well used and appreciated. A very nice restaurant is part of the facility and has a good menu with very tasty food. An indoor pool, jacuzzi and many other amenities all added to our stay.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Bed was a little too soft for me and the Four poster was lovely to look at but a little too overwhelming for the bedroom size. Tended to walk into bed posts when we got up during the night.

Close to airport and local eateries. Easy to access Detroit as well as Ann Arbor. Very close to Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Location - the hotel was on very busy highway with no amenities within walking distance.

Dinner from restaurant was good. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Great hotel, close to access roads. Shopping within short distance from the hotel. Friendly staff, nice rooms. I'll definitely be staying there next time I visit :)

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

The breakfast was only luke warm and they didn't supply any salt and pepper.

The bed was very comfortable. The clerk was very pleasant at the front desk. We enjoyed having room service. The room was very quiet.

The value is good , location also , 15 min from the city ...

super stylish furnishings just great

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very good plaques with directions to lobby, pool etc. Latrice took it upon herself to correct an error on my bill. Pet friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Road construction made it difficult to get to.

Near Ford museum

Very clean rooms, third floor was quiet, pool area fully functional and clean.

Very nice place to stay and close to the attractions we wanted to see. Good bar and meals.

Hard to get.to

The room smelled like stale smoke and the beds were very uncomfortable. The hot tub also wa not working.

The pool was great!

It was all good

Great room, people

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was not real fond of the location.

The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The bed was comfortable and the room was very well kept.

Pink exterior, real nice inside.

Liked everything. Very enjoyable time

I love the pictures in the hallways. Close to what we go to. Excellent all around.

Friendly staffs

Not a don’t like but bathroom need an update

Everything was nice

To many kid's in the pool area playing Football no time for enjoyments ,I feel that I wasted my time booking for my Anniversary😢😢😢😢😢

Both at check in and out there was no one at the front desk.

Value, room was very nice, restaurant on sight

all

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mattress was not comfortable.

Quiet and clean.

My drain left me in ankle deep water after every shower.

Peter is a superstar! Went above and beyond

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed! I want one for home. The ceramic (wood-look) floor; made the room feel very clean.

Depending on the room, I had to walk long to my room.

Nothing special but comfortable to stay

Bathroom was a bit dated and could use a refresh, but it was very clean.

Comfortable bed, nice room.

Stuff wasn’t friendly,air conditioner did’t work,was too cold in the room

The hot tube was closed

The king size bed was amazing

That we couldn’t pay in cash it had to be on a card

Bed was comfy and parking was close

Toilet - slow flushing

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool and hot tub was closed down. The rooms could use some updating.

Staff is very friendly and the rooms were clean.