Reviews of Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel 3 stars

380 South Airport Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA

#8 of 26 hotels in South San Francisco

Nice and close to the airport nothing nearby that is walking...

Nice and close to the airport nothing nearby that is walking distance. Restaurant we had a nice meal reasonable price breakfast was provided and they had a good selection. Bed was not too bad. Staff were helpful and the free shuttle was a bonus

The bathroom didn't have shower gel, When asked the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom didn't have shower gel, When asked the representative at the front desk she said they dont have shower gel. How on earth are you supposed to take bath?. The quality of soap was worse, it cracked up like a cookie.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

One of the best airport hotel in SFO
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-In Shower

No packed breakfast if no time to have the buffet breakfast.

Comfortable bed, very close to the airport & staff are warm & friendly, especially Moses, Jason & Sean in the front desk.

The Best Western Grosvenor SF
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Just so happened that a power outage occurred while I was there. They didn't even offer some kind of room credit, but I know it wasn't their fault.

Staff did everything they could to keep the guests comfortable, providing free water and fruit.

Location was good for the airport.

Checking in...Phone calls were more important than the people standing in line. It's almost a month after we stayed there and there is still a reserved charge on my credit card. Have written twice to the hotel asking what this amount is for, BUT still no response.

Location was good for the airport. Dinner in the hotel was fine, but breakfast was disappointing.

Nice way to relax before taking a long flight home
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Complimentary breakfast- very good Clean remote in case Complimentary shuttle Apples cleans and wrapped Fruit infused were and coffee upon arrval

Proximity to airport.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were not informed that maintenance would be taking place during our stay. We were on the top floor-woke to the sound of jack hammers above our beds. Disconcerting. Also the bathrooms were disgusting. There was a wedding reception taking place an the guests trashed it. Apparently they don’t have janitorial service at night. If they are going to continue to host large evening gatherings where guests have unlimited access to alcohol, they may want to reconsider their janitorial schedule.

Proximity to airport. Staff polite and efficient.

Satisfactory
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was not cleaned the first day because we left a bit late. Breakfast is good but items were not replaced fast enough.

Really near the airport but the noise of planes does not disturb your sleep. Far from the downtown so you’ll need transport.

Firm bed.

Noise from the freeway and airport. The single pane windows didn't help at all, even the unloading of goods at 4am kept me up. Everything in the hotel needs updating.

Firm bed. Airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The Rooms are clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing that we don’t like was the noise coming from the gym.Our room was across fitness center and we couldn’t sleep with the noise especially when the equipments were dropped on the floor, we could hear the loud sound. We wanted to sleep early so that we could get up early to explore the city but it ended up sleeping late.

The Rooms are clean..staffs are very good.Breakfast buffet was very good.

Location to the airport and shuttle services
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was this damp, stuffy smell that the rooms havent seen sunlight in years. I had to walk out of the hotel to get some fresh air.

Location to the airport and shuttle services

We stayed for 5 days and were happy with our choice. We would definitely choose this hotel again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Went in July. Although heated the pool was too cold to use that was due to the weather. Gym is very small.

Free airport shuttle. Good breakfast. Relaxed atmosphere for families/friends. Staff were very helpful and all of them had a lovely manner. Snack and drink vending machines. Beds were clean and comfortable. White bedding which I like and comfy pillows. Happy hour in bar area included free light finger foods. Free coffee all day in lobby.

Home away from home

The windows are not very sound proof, hearing noise next to freeway and airplanes, parking pricey = $8 per day.

Comfortable spacious rooms, beds, price includes buffet breakfast, varied daily, served till 10 a.m., heated swimming pool, good location for our needs.

Staff were courteous
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had a room on the 2nd floor with all the air conditioning fans on the roof outside our window. The noise was horrendous. The bathroom was far too small and breakfast was the previous nights dinner reheated for your hot choice

Staff were courteous

Chosen for convenience, and totally met all our expectations in respect of this.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room had a full-on view over the freeway and the adjacent industrial area. But we were only there for one night and the traffic noise wasn't noticeable.

We chose this hotel for just one night due to a very early outward flight the next morning. It was perfect for this and the shuttle service to and from the airport was prompt and reliable. Dinner at the restaurant was very nice.

Next to airport with shuttle.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mishap with our check-in, causing a $17000.00 hold placed on our credit card, that couldn’t be removed for 24-hrs. Management addressed the issue as best they could and acknowledged it was their error.

Next to airport with shuttle. Good breakfast with waffles, eggs, and sausage. Nice facility.

I emailed to the property severl times before check-in.

I emailed to the property severl times before check-in. but never reply me request/question, even if with help from booking.com cs. never reply to me directly.so I have to call booking.com to communicate for me. very inconvenient, hope improve.

Basic, comfortable with an excellent buffet breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shuttle bus service very poor, nearly missed our flight because the shuttle was full so had to wait a further 30 minutes for the next one.

Clean and comfortable, pool small and very basic.

The location was great, near the airport and not too far...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My sons room had a blocked toilet when they arrived, when he rang the reception they said they would send someone.... the maintenance guy came to the room and gave my son a plunger to fix it himself 😡Also charged 18% service charge for 4 people eating in Restaurant when there policy is over 6. They included our 2 grandkids who didn’t actually eat there as no kids menu. They went to McDonalds near by.

The location was great, near the airport and not too far from downtown San Francisco

There was a cute racoon in the parking lot!

The racoon got away before we could take a good picture of it. :)

We didn't spend much time in the hotel (due to a business conference & sight-seeing) but the location is pretty good, especially if you need to return a rental car and head off to the airport on your check-out day.

They prepared take out breakfast for earlier flight guest.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They prepared take out breakfast for earlier flight guest. Nice shuttle bus driver who drove me to the right terminal after I mistakenly arrived the wrong one.

We are happy with the stay at the hotel.

As we arrived by car, the location is perfect i.e. to go into and out from 101 freeway. The bed is also very comfortable. I must mention the friendly front desk staff as well.

Two luggages of mine were robbed when they were stored in the bell closet! 寄存的两个拉杆箱在酒店行李房被抢劫!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stored our luggages in the bell closet and it was only until we called in to check our luggages they started to realize our luggages were gone. The clerk at the front desk were threatened therefore opened the door for the criminal. The clerk didn't even call the police or report it to the manager later. Now the case was reported to the police with little hope finding them; my two luggages with 50 quantum physics books that I need to use urgently now are forever gone. The hotel claimed they have nothing to do with it so they won't pay back anything except they can try to report it to the hotel insurance. And still nothing yet for the insurance. 2018年5月26日入住该酒店,令人震惊的是行李寄存在酒店行李房后被抢劫,酒店前台员工却没有及时报警。我们要求向警方报警后,至今案件没有任何进展。酒店称已报保险,但至今仍没有得到任何赔偿与补偿!

Nice and clean and staff was great even the shuttle driver...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Was a little pricey but it was worth it... the only thing I didn’t like was the pushy people serving themselves breakfast....

Nice and clean and staff was great even the shuttle driver was nice...

Top notch

It was clean! Staff are friendly! Restaurant downstairs was fantastic and of the service for getting us to the airport was top-notch well done Best Western I would stay again next time we come to the United States.

A good one night airport hotel- competitively priced.

Not much really given what the hotel is used for - public areas are a bit dull and would benefit from being freshened up a bit.

A good airport hotel. We were only staying one night after a long transatlantic flight and the hotel was just what was required. Nothing fancy, but spacious, clean, comfortable rooms and very close to airport with convenient and reliable shuttle bus. Decent breakfast and used the shuttle bus back to airport for our car hire. All very convenient and efficient. Decent price for what it is.

there was no lunch facilitiies availabale as a snack bar or...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

there was no lunch facilitiies availabale as a snack bar or room service ! Very awkward when awaiting to fligh out in the evening! San Francisco International Airport has done away with its restaurants !

It was adequate for a short stay.

The fact that when my family got to there room the toilet was blocked and they rang down to reception to get someone to look at it and the maintenance guy gave my son a plunger to fix it himself! Also we were charged 18% tip for food for 4 people when its supposed to be for 6 people.

It was adequate for a short stay. Beds were comfy. It was clean. Location great for getting to airport and San Fransisco

Bad experience checking in.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The gentleman who checked me in had no information for me about the hotel. Didnt advise me where to park, where my room was, the other entrances, where the elevator was...we stayed at a different best western further south and the staff was way better. It isn’t hard asking questions but it’s very nice having the info told to you upon checking in.

I was in a rush to leave for the airport and forgot...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was in a rush to leave for the airport and forgot returning the key cards to the rooms.when I found after I had already returned my rental car .so I called the front desk and they let me keep the cards without any charge.so glad to hear that ! i appreciate your good humanization.thx again for that. Good experience.

I’m so tired t
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noisey guests couldn’t sleep at all despite calling to the front desk at midnight . First Shuttle left 9 minutes early so i I had to Uber to the airport.

The lady at the front desk was nice. (Martina)

Good location close to airport and 20 or so minutes to...

I was charged for parking.

Good location close to airport and 20 or so minutes to downtown. Clean room, comfy bed. Only problem was that they charge $8 for parking.

Staff could easily have turned out stay to a great one with a little proactive attitude
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was NO free airport pick up at time of arrival and staff only extended check out time for INE hour when we checked in at 2am after a 6 hour delay. Very poor customer service. So we ended paying over a hundred dollars for a an 11 hour nap

Only downer was that our flt was delayed for more than 6 hours, my husband is a stroke survivor and tires easily. I contacted the hotel and asked to be aware we needed airport pick up but there was none available at our time of arrival. We got to our room at 2am and requested a late check out but all we got was ONE extra hour

Nice hotel room, free shuttle bus to the airport is convenient
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room was at 2nd floor, sometimes we heard ppl talking outside or the noice from motorcycle. It would be great if they serve bottle water in the room.

The bed was very comfortable! And its very clean. Most important is there was free shuttle to the airport.

Nice location but don't count on airport shuttle during early hours.

Bathrooms very small, ac was very loud. Airport shuttle ( which is why I booked hotel in the first place)was not operating at 1am so I paid $15 for uber ride to hotel. When I called hotel they didn't answer until 3rd try.

Breakfast had good variety. Beds comfortable and nice linens. Very clean

Reception staff very helpful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

booking.com stated that you could buy dinner for $20.00 per person in the restaurant, but this was not correct, and there was no meal deal. SHAME ON YOU BOOKING.COM

Reception staff very helpful

The staff (especially the lady at the bar and the...

nothing to complain

The staff (especially the lady at the bar and the receptionist who checked us out) were exceptionally friendly. Comfortable room Relatively quiet even though it's right next to the airport

A good hotel with airport shuttle
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-In Shower

The gym was very small and with stuffy air. The pool is outside and only open in summer.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Furthermore the hotel has a daily free airport shuttle to SFA.

God value for the money,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Great airport hotel!

Breakfast was very good with lots of variety. Adjoining restaurant was a nice surprise. Tasty food and friendly service!

I would not stay or reccomend this Best Western again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was rude, upon check in and out. I also called to see if there were any earplugs available, and the man at the front desks stated "We might have some at the front desk." Just look around, I wanted to say.

Room service would get a 0. The food was not good, and was way over priced.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant staff was fabulous! Was able to order to and they would call the trim when it was ready to be picked up. Food was great. No issues there. The airport drivers were very helpful and friendly.

Good value for the price and the FREE hot breakfast was a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not enough parking spaces. Bathrooms on the 1st floor were dirty.

Good value for the price and the FREE hot breakfast was a great way to start the day. Very easy to navigate to - can be seen right away from the freeway. The bed and pillows were super comfy. There was also coffee, water and fruit (if you were able to get it before it was gone) in the hotel lobby. Right across the street from McDonald's and a 2 minute walk to IHOP.

Generally good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool wasn't work during our stay and its makes Frustrate our kids. But just the next hotel that is shared with shuttle to airport was working great pool at this moment

Staffs, room, bed and pillow

All in all I enjoyed my stay

The parking was horrible and I was charged for parking even though I had to park on the street one night because there was no room in the parking lot. I did not like being charged to park at a facility I was staying at.

The breakfast was great. The room was very quiet and the view from our room was great.

Great Room and restaurant and it was close to the airport
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

there was some noise from traffic outside the room during busy times

I really enjoyed the room. It was large and roomy with a king size bed. It was really convenient to have a good restaurant in the hotel. The free hot breakfast was good too.

It was an excellent stay and we would stay here again.

The only issue we had was on the first night of our stay the parking was very limited we had to circle around a few times until we finally came across a parking space. The good thing is that the hotel was aware of the parking situation so they waived our parking fee that night.

The hotel and room was very clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was more then I expected and very delicious.

Great value, great location.

Staff was not rude but they were not very friendly or happy. Warm smiles would make the experience much better!

Save money and stay in South San Francisco!! Great location and easy to get into San Francisco.

Had a nice stop

Bathtub plug didn’t work and the tub is old and uncomfortable! Had just been on a cruise for my 70th and I am a bath girl, just showers on the cruise. Was so looking forward to a relaxing soak but that didn’t happen. Room 303. Fix the drain plug at least.

Comfortable clean room. Good desk service handy shuttle to airport. Next door to Sees Candy!!! Appreciated the Grab and Go early snack and coffee. ❤️

very accomodating
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

longer breakfast time, later bar/restaurant hours.

One of the most pleasant stays I've ever had, at an affordable price, and I've travelled around quite a bit. It was my boyfriend's birthday so Sean, being a sweetheart he is, upgraded us to a Suite. Our stay happened to be when daylight saving started, so we slept in and lost track of time. When we got up, they were happy to extend our check out time to 1pm for the hour lost. Very accomodating! Would come back again!

Overall we enjoyed our stay and the staff was very helpful and wonderful

The location of our room, we were on the side of the road and being that we are not hard sleepers, it was very noisy for our liking.

The bed was too hard for our liking but we enjoyed the location and liked the staff very much. Our room was overlooking the road and very noisy. We decided if we stayed at this location again, we would ask for a room on the backside of the hotel.

Good size room.

Front desk is very rude. I was asking about if there's comforter. Front desk told there's heater in the room. No more comforter. They only provide very thin blanket. Besides, heater is very loud.

Good size room. Free breakfast. Reasonable price.

Home away from home.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was full on Saturday... had to drive around parking lot waiting for someone to leave.

Staff was friendly and professional. Check in was easy.. Continental breakfast & eating area was nice and clean. Room was clean and spacious. It included a mini refrigerator, which was nice. Far enough away from the city, but close enough to drive.

Great value for money - wish we had been in one of the modernised rooms though!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room (801) hadn't been refurbished at the time of staying, so the room was a little dated and things like bed placement were odd (no bedside table on left hand side and very little room to get to bed), along with poor water pressure in the bathroom. One of the plug sockets on the wall by the desk was very loose. Finally it was a bit noisy - lots of noise from outside (it was as if the window was open although it wasn't) and our neighbours woke us up at 3am with very loud chat. But the most important things were spot on - bed, hot water and breakfast!

Great value for money - easy access to the airport via the free shuttle. Bed was amazingly comfortable and breakfast was as great as everyone says.

Breakfast was great and airport shuttle was convenient!

The queen rooms located on the ends of each floor are very cramped and our room was unfortunately pretty noisy, we could hear people talking throughout the night.

Breakfast was great and airport shuttle was convenient!

It was delightful!

Nothing really.

I never have the breakfast here, but overall, I really like this hotel, very cozy and has all the amenities. Plus, I LOVE the "downtown city feel" of this place, that is super unique to this hotel. I come here with my partner about once a month and will keep doing so.

Your go to hotel near SFO ....
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No real complaint other than no in room safe which I find really annoying.

Great budget hotel near SFO. Regular free shuttle service to SFO and the BART. Rooms clean and tidy with very comfortable beds. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Free breakfast was good and a great start to the day. If I needed to stay near SFO again in the future, I would happily stay here again.

Don’t understand how this place is getting 8.0 rating
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was small and badly needs refurbishing. Bathroom freezing cold with no extraction/ventilation (would be illegal in europe?). Heating in room was bad - thermostat operation poor so constant cycle of hot/cold. Single glazing on windows - for an airport hotel?! - I thought the window had been left open because the street/aircraft noise was so loud. Fitness room was a joke - one running machine, saw a guy there running in the dark, didn’t bother using it. Breakfast was terrible - poor quality and limited selection. Freezing cold in the breakfast room - everyone had to wear their coats to sit there. Overall the worst $200/night hotel I have ever stayed in. This is more like a $50/night 1-star motel. The worst Best Western I have ever stayed at for the highest price I have ever paid at a Best Western. Old building and really needs knocking down and starting again.

The only good thing is the location close to SFO and easy to rent a car from Sixt walking distance across the road.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The from door in the lobby is close to the breakfast area all the cool wind get inside and is not comfort

Breakfast included, hours for breakfast perfect

Breakfast was decent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room that they tried to give us had a party going on next to it at 1:30AM. The rooms were cluttered and not too clean. We found a hot dog under the bed / ball and the reception didn't seem all that concerned about our complaint. The room said it was recently refurblished, but it smelled musty. The place looked a little sketchy. A couple of guys were being arrested as we were checking out.

Breakfast was decent

rooms are not sound proof.

noise

rooms are not sound proof. road noise and neighbours bathroom noise. Not good after 20 hours travelling. However the rooms were clean and well presented. Will avoid staying in this hotel until they sound proof the rooms.

The property is located near the airport, which has its...

The property is located near the airport, which has its advantages such as the restaurants, gas stations and convenient stores are nearby. The breakfast was pretty good. The property was quite full due to a lot of visitors, the staff did a good job of refilling the breakfast in a timely manner. The room was clean and comfortable. My room had the airport while the rooms on the opposite end had a highway view. Parking was ample; quite inexpensive (8$ per day) compared to parking at other hotels in SFO.

Close to airport, not a comfortable stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not sufficiently clean, old, smelled, beds were uncomfortable and pillows lumpy. Bathroom was super noisy. The room faced the street and the window did not close properly so it was noisy at night. They charged extra to park your car at the hotel outdoor parking lot.

The breakfast was the only nice thing about this hotel.

Very comfortable and clean Best Western at San Fransisco airport

The bed ,linen, pillows and duvet were so comfortable. Nice and quiet and great location close to airport.Breakfast was good too.Friendly helpful staff. I would rate this hotel 8.5

The waitress at the restaurant was awesome!

The waitress at the restaurant was awesome! She put our stay over the top. Always going over and above to ensure we enjoyed ourselves. Very efficient at her job as well.

Delightful

Only that I wasn’t able to get a room high up.

Love this place. I love the spacious rooms, the fact that I can have a microwave and refrigerator in the room, the height of this hotel and the staff is great. Sean and Bianca were super!!! Rosa (?) in housekeeping was super helpful also by bringing a microwave immediately after check in.

Perfect place to overnight close to SFO.

Nothing, outstanding experience here!

Perfect place to overnight close to SFO. Complimentary airport shuttle, breakfast to go, and water and coffee available in the lobby before the shuttle arrived was excellent when leaving on an early flight. After two flights from Ireland and Iceland with a total of 13 hours of flying, this hotel was exceptional, staff was also amazing!

Retirement Home
    • Executive Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is a non smoking hotel. This hotel is great for senior citizens. Not great for young, hip couples that smoke and get litty.

It's close to the airport. Free good breakfast. Restaurant inside for dinner.

It was a wonderful and clean hotel with airport shuttle.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that tea wasn’t offered with the wonderful coffee and apples available at the check-in area.

Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was excellent with all the choices that were available and I was impressed also on how fast they replaced food items that were running low. I appreciated the comfortable and spacious seating for breakfast! I especially loved and greatly appreciated a late check especially since we were very tired and arrived around midnight.

I'll done it again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

now they charge for parking, it's san francisco. but it was way better then embassy suites 30 parking with bed bugs!

awesome service y and cleanliness !

Pretty good. Worth it.

The room doors slam easily. You could hear door slamming any time of day or night. The window sounded like it was open, like air flow even though was closed.

Breakfast was excellent

Breakfast was great selection, staff was friendly including...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The doors slam super loud, but the only thing that really bugged me was the channel options, they were not impressive and very few.

Breakfast was great selection, staff was friendly including cleaning crew, mostly quiet and comfortable.

I would stay here again. This site really is aware of caring for the elderly and disabled.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Staff was extremely helpful prior to our stay. I was traveling with a disabled client. The accessible bathroom was the best I have experienced in providing a double room, accessible accommodations and being close to the elevator. They provided a van that had a ramp so my client could walk onto their transportation.

Very good wait a night before flight, good enough for visiting SF
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

(nothing really bad there) * Rooms could be a bit more clean (there is a dirt/dust here and there), but nothing terrifying there * Air conditioner / heater is loud; heating don't work good: it heats room far beyond set temperature (but you can turn it off after while and room stays warm enough until morning, so no very big issue) * Shower curtain in bath, no shower cabin (=wet bathroom)

* Close to the Airport * Near hotel there is a bus station - you can catch a bus to San Francisco (if you don't want to rant a car); it takes around one hour to get from hotel to city center and bus arrives every half hour (day time) and every hour (night time) * Breakfast included in room price; not the best in the world, but for "US standards" it's quite ok

The staff are friendly and helpful. I would be happy to stay again .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean , beds are all new so are comfortable. The wifi good. Location near airport convenient. Would be good if renting a car. Easy to get to drive away for the day . Has a lounge and bar and restaurant which is nice. It is a respectable hotel and not expensive.

The rooms were very clean, amazing staff and really good...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish they will have the airport transfer... it's the only thing that I believe they lack of.

The rooms were very clean, amazing staff and really good breakfast. Loved the overall stay there.