Reviews of Best Western Heritage Inn 2 stars

4600 Clayton Road, Concord, CA 94521, USA

#3 of 8 hotels in Concord

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

My experience was so nice the only thing I could nitpick about is there is no elevator and I couldn't control the temperature in my room.

The staff was friendly and efficient, the breakfast was good and the bed was very comfortable.

The buffet breakfast area is too small. There are not enough tables. The staff inattentive to refreshing the food. Two days we had to wait for either sausage or eggs to be delivered. We ran out of nasal tissue the first night and took out the container to remind the staff to fill it. The staff simply cleaned around it and left it empty.

The room was quiet and spacious

Well, for starters, the standing lamp in the room never truly turned off, which was really strange, had this glowing to it even though we turned it off. There was a bit of a weird smell in our room, kind of a mildew-y type of smell and the bathtub wouldn't actually hold any water so we didn't get to enjoy a relaxing bath at the end of the day. Coffee during the breakfast was pretty bad too.

Location is really nice for the price point. Sure, Clayton road isn't the easiest road to work with, but its pretty much 20 minutes max away from anything you'd want to do in Concord (maybe 30 if you're in commuter traffic). Bathroom was pretty clean and the furniture was really well picked.

The bathroom is very small. The bed sheets and comforters were stained/burned. Hot tub and sauna were unavailable.

Fairly quiet, close to shopping and food options. Good breakfast provided and the pool was nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was from 6-10 got there at 9 food was almost gone and I was told it wasn't gonna be restocked had to walk across the street to IHOP

Close to venue I attended lots of places to eat nearby

My first room was dirty looking, but because it was so outdated in colors and decor didn't help. The gap at the bottom of the door allowed even more outside noise into the room. Overall the whole room was horrible! For the price that I paid I'd been better off at the HILTON!I CAN'T SAY WHAT THE PURPOSE IS IN BEING A PLATINUM CARD HOLDING MEMBERED(JUST A COUPLE HUNDRED SHY OF THE NEXT LEVEL) GUEST IS EVEN FOR! I'VE HAD GUEST IN FRONT OF ME TO REGISTAR WHO WEREN'T REOCCURRING GUEST OR CARD HOLDERS YET THEY REC'D THE EXACT SAME ROOM FOR A THIRD OF WHAT I PAID!! I HAVE SPENT A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONIES AT DIFFERENT BEST WESTERNS, I'D SAY A MINIMUM OF FIVE THOUSAND JUST SINCE MARCH, AND RECIEVE ONE FREE NIGHT? THAT'S LIKE A SLAP IN THE FACE FOR BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER...ONE WOULD THINK A BIT OF CUSTOMER GRATITUDE PER OWNER WOULD BE IN ORDER. I FEEL IT'S LIKE A DOUBLE SLAP WHEN I HAVE TO WASTE TIME ON GETTING A BETTER DEAL ONLINE THAN WHAT YOU OFFER AND GOING THROUGH THIRD PARTIES FOR RESERVATIONS.I'VE YET TO NOTICE A DISCOUNT FOR MY LOYALITY. THE RATES REMAIN THE SAME AS BEFORE I BECAME A CARD HOLDER. SAME EXACT PRICE DOWN TO CHANGE.

The front desk staff and security were extremely pleasant and knowledgeable.

The walls were so thin I could hear my neighbor snoring and the the other neighbors talking so loud like they were in my room

The breakfast was good and convenient

Beds were hard and uncomfortable. Complimentary breakfast ended earlier than stated so we missed out by about 10 minutes and staff were not helpful and offer any other options.

• King Room - Smoking

What could have been better I think was consistency with the breakfast. Wasn't a fan of the western omelete but that's not a terrible dislike. Nothing to keep me away from the hotel.

I love the size of the room, Love the facility, the indoor jacuzzi I will take advantage of next time, yes, there will be a next time, and IHOP is in front of the hotel.

We had someone above us and they kept us up all of our last night's stay! The noise around the building was too much most of the time, but that night was the absolute worse!! No sleep and a long day to follow! We were NOT HAPPY! We requested a refund for our last night of torture!! and hope your manager will see to it! I often make this trip to see family and won't be staying with you again!

Satisfied overall

Staff were super nice. Gave a recommendation to Lin New Garden Chinese food, the food was delicious but the service was horrible. I won’t hold that against you. Lol we enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere, pool side. We appreciate being accommodated downstairs. Breakfast was amazing! Rooms clean and comfy.

The sheets were stained.

The staff was great especially the evening shift. The maintenance guy-Cameron was great. A young lady was drunk and throwing rocks at cars and when we told him, he went to check on it ASAP. And assured us that things, were okay. We needed towels he brought them up with no problem. Are sheets were dirty upon arrival, when we let him know, he was kind enough to bring us more. We thought we were asking to much, but he just calmly let his us know it was no problem, with a smile. :) thank you so much Cameron.

Very pricey for old motel even though it is immaculately maintained. A generator noise in the early evenings. Could hear neighbor's like I was sitting next to them. I could hear (from my bed) all my neighbor's business phone calls - she was not talking loud. The tv noises clashed as well even though I kept mine very low. I assume she did too - but you could still hear enough to be annoying. It was less secure in a marginal neighborhood than I would have liked. No decent restaurants near.

Super clean and neat inside and out. Cleanest bathroom! Front desk responded immediately to our needs.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

the staff wasnt very polite, location wasnt the best, and it was priced high. we only stayed one night

the cleanliness of the room was great. the food was good. had a pool, jacuzzi, and nice bathroom area in the room.

The hot tub wasn’t working and the pool wasn’t heated. The pillows were small and uncomfortable and every 15 min, I could hear running water in the bathroom so I couldn’t fall asleep.

The heater at 80% did not feel over 70% it was cold..i called front desk they said there is nothing they can do...then the water temperature in the shower at 430 am was not even luke warm i had let it run for 10-15min i eventually gave up and had to take a quick cold shower...i called the front desk after freezing in shower and in Room they advised me to just let it run i said it has been for 10-15 min still cold they said sorry nothing they can do they all are like that

Bed and bedding were comfy

Didn't feel very comfortable because of some of the people that were staying at the hotel. Plus people in the next room were really loud. I had to call the front desk twice after being woken up by them.

Hotel staff, breakfast, amenities, free parking,

• King Room with Whirlpool - Smoking

The tub could be recocked it looked as if the Jacuzzi tub needed some TLC , it looked worn down and had black spotting around the edge :( whole reason I booked the room and didn't even use it. the only disappointment

The bed was extremely comfortable and the woman at the front desk was extremely friendly.

I liked nothing there I went back to San jose, at 11pm

The spa,was broken and we moved to another room then the toilet was broken then the staff wanted to give me another room less comfortable.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

This is one of the worst hotel stays we've ever had. It felt like a hotel that charges by the hour, with random people hanging out in the parking lot. Our room was semi-clean, but you really couldn't tell with the worn and lumpy carpeting, chipped counter tops and mismatched furniture. The bed was okay, but we were woken through the night with people laughing and talking in the walkway. This morning, we were woken quite early by maids' carts rumbling back and forth. When we booked the room, it was noted that there was a 'GOOD' breakfast, but holy cats, this was ridiculously wrong. The eggs were powdered and cold, the sausage looked like it had been boiled instead of cooked normally and the coffee was like dirty water. I wasn't expecting a palace or Michelin starred restaurant, but this was beyond the pale. HORRIBLE.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

There was nothing we didn't like! Store's are walking distance. Fast food near by.

The room it's self was really clean. The staff are wonderful and check in process went quick and easy. Deposit can be paid either cash or cc witch i love as it doesn't take long to get deposit back you get it back apon check out.

the deposit issue then we but overheard a person complaining about children staying at the location it sounded despicable as parent that some guests expect no children, seems hard to believe but we were all children, and I believe I encountered them the morning we left seems there was hateful guests,

nice overall no real issues except for the deposit issue

Wifi service was weak with times where cell service was not available. One room had no cell service we switched to another room and had on and off service.

• King Room - Disability Access

The rude Best Western Asian lady in the breakfast room on 12/4. If she can't control her disgusted facial expressions she should not be working with the public.

The breakfast was excellent. The property was clean and welcoming. The maintenance man was friendly and very helpful.

There was almost nothing that we could eat for breakfast. Most of the buffet was meat or dairy. We are vegans and only eat cruelty free food.

It was very clean.

• King Room - Disability Access

The power went out for 30 mins or so. Eggs and bacon was not that great. Bacon was the worst!

Coffee and juice was great and the waffle was good! Nice TV with a lot of channels to watch! Nice bed had a good night sleep!

• King Room - Disability Access

This property was extremely expensive because the price jumped up because I got the last room to $202. The property had no hot water for all of its rooms and would not give me any discount. Not to mention I got bit by two bugs and I have swollen up and gotten red pussy Wounds from the bites as I’m allergic to any type of Spider bite whatsoever

Nice clean room, very spacios.

There is no hot water. Management is aware of the problem. Its been going on for a few weeks. I was not made aware of this upon my arrival. I was promised it would be fixed the next morning. Again no hot water and was informed that water heater will not be fixed til 2 more days. The morning of checkout, I was made aware I should have been given breakfast vouchers for every morning of my stay. The way I was informed of this was not appropriate in front of other guest of the hotel.

Room is spacious.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

My only thing was the water in the shower never got warm it was cold but that was the only issue.

The bed was so comfortable it was better than the one I own. If I could I would lay in bed all day. The staff was amazing and friendly.I would stay there again.

I have 2 service animals that are specially trained to notify me when they sense I'm going to have a problem with my brain (seizures etc.) They told me that they aren't service animals because they are cats. I offered to show all my documentation. They said my service animals will not be allowed in the future. Follow federal law people!

Nice location. Staff is nice for the most part.

It is a little dated, however, the price was good.

This room got some bad reviews and I was a little hesitant, however, the issues must have been corrected as the beds were very comfy and the water in the shower was nice and hot. The pool isn't heated but it is a really nice area. The location was within 1/2-1 hour from everything we wanted to do.

the fact that it was close to the venue we were at, clean rooms and facility and breakfast wasn't bad either. All in all was pleasant.. Thank you.

Mediocre breakfast. Terrible room lighting, especially for putting on make-up. Tight bathroom. Small towels.

Updated room décor. Soft pillows. Comfortable beds. Furnishings and room finishes were in good condition. Large TV and fridge. Good shower pressure and plenty of hot water. No noise problems. Good location to stores and BART. Clean pool.

Cigarette burns in sheets, covers, and toilet seat. Non smoking room reeked like a Juarez bar at happy hour. Front desk (rang twenty times) said they could put a desmoker in but it's already Loud as heck withthe contractors partying in the parking lot why would I want more noise in the room!?. Unclean bathrooms-brown flakes in shower which as it turns out drains like old people screw, Slow to not at all! I called the front desk (rang twenty times) and they sent out a geriatric guy who plunged the crap out of, smiled said it drains slow I guess, and walked out. Nobody called me back and I knew then it was gonna be one of those stays. Poor problem solving skills and a clear culture of halfassing their way through a simple problems. My two showers were completed with a an ankle to shin deep bath of lukewarm water backed up from the last twenty years worth of hairballs. Brown flakes were back when I got in the room the next day. Maids can't clean a tub that won't drain! Television was 1980's fuzzy on a 1080 screen. Hurt my eyes so I turned it off. Reviews here are skewed and mine will probably get yanked but it's the truth. Other review sites that make a short barking noise also tell the truth. I read those my first night there and just kept nodding my head. They had no more rooms and all I really needed was a bed so I sucked it up and got jack crap for my 300$ would have been somewhere else if I could have.

Staff wasn't stingy with the brwkfast foods

Shower bath water not hot, no parking close to room, older non HD tv, breakfast mediocre with weird eggs and super salty sausage like patties. However, bed good, staff nice, and price right. Lots of food options nearby.

If I had to find anything to gripe about, which means I have to get really nitpicky: the faucet in the tub didn't entirely switch over to the shower, so the water pressure didn't get really good.

The location is perfect for my visit back in California. The staff was especially accommodating and helped with everything we asked. The premises were well maintained and looked wonderful. Overall, I was very happy with my stay and would stay here again.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The $100 deposit every time i visit this hotel is annoying considering that my family and I use this facility regularly. :-/

There was plenty of parking, large room, and freshly cooked breakfast included.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

The breakfast was terrible. Things had run out and took forever to be replaced. Also, choices very minimal and should have a better selection of rolls or bread. White sliced bread - shouldn't there be other options? That isn't food! Also did not like the material beneath the mattress pad - it kept moving around and very annoying.

The room was spacious. Very clean and well maintained. Good wi-fi.

• King Room - Disability Access

Pillows way too small one roach found in shower and tree sap all over car as it was parked under one of many trees sapping this time of year no one said nothing had wash car when we got home lessened learned.

Staff was great very helpful room very clean one stay we'll be back.

• King Room - Disability Access

When I checked in I was given a room in the path of construction. It was loud noise for most of the day after I checked in and my second day I stayed away until after construction hours.

Stayed here several times because of the facilities.

When we first check in room and dirty and had not been cleaned in day... but staff quickly resolved the problem

Staff was very friendly and we really enjoyed out stay...

• King Room with Whirlpool - Smoking

The floors smelled bad it made the room smell worse. We didn't even want to take off our shoes. The top covers of the bed had little stains. So I asked the stuff to have someone bring extra covers and he told me no one could, he was the only one. Oh I called from my own cell phone .. phone in the room was not working. Leaky roof over the shower so they put us in another room, in that room the whirl pool tub wasn't working but it looked gross and old anyway. The shower wasn't working until my bf had to use his strength. Being on the street level, we would hear people talking and making noise. Towards the end of our stay, I was told the manager wasn't in until Monday and they couldn't offer me a discount for my bad experience. This Place was Definitely over priced.

The bed was comfortable T.v worked Air conditioning was good Towels were Clean Room looked clean and decent

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

still advertised as having a hot tub by pool area that they had filled in some time ago; also no elevator to second floor

room was very spacious very impressed with the choice and quality of breakfast

• King Room with Whirlpool - Smoking

House Cleaning staff woke us up at 10:45 (check out is 11) after we were changing rooms until 4:15am due to the Roach Infestation in our room! Then room #2 after settling down 3 kids at 2am we find out this room is out of service so musical rooms we play again... room 3 1 bed... room 4 no AC so finally room 5 we don't care at all what is wrong or right we sleep!!!! Only to have a huge Russian Woman scream at us at 10:45 about checking out.

I liked the young lady who checked me in.

The front desk lady always received us with a smile and very good attitude! Very close to safeway, restaurants, gas stations, etc. excellent location.

Continental breakfast was more than a normal "continental." Great selection of food. Swimming pool was clean and kids enjoyed playing in it everyday. Staff was very nice!

The only dislike was that I was with my kids and we were being a bit silly and having some laughs like any parent would and we got a phone call from staff saying that we were being too loud which we didn't appreciate and that many of the adjacent rooms were complaining. If the walls were soundproof and more updated ,this would not of been an issue at any of the marriots I normally stay at!

The breakfast was ok as I was expecting fresh eggs but I guess with a hotel this big I can't be a prude and expect something I would get at a local diner.My over all stay was great and I enjoyed the atmosphere.

The staff was very unfriendly, The was a RAT in the room and they did not care. It was the most horrible experience ever, I will never go back to this place.

Nothing the staff was rude, the Spa did not work, the Hotel has a RAT in the room

Need more sugar & cream for the coffee thats inside the room and its time to update the pillows... Their really bad.

I liked that there was a microwave in the room and frig

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

Could have had an extra bar of soap for the bath and one more floor lamp. Would have been nice to have the hot tub and sauna working.

Good layout with a quiet inner courtyard with grass, flowers and a pool, A variety of good breakfasts over 4 days. Swimming pool . Nice beds. Good linens and towels. Competent staff and quick response to needs and requests. Well kept, clean premises. Nice tables outside. Good iron and ironing board. Good value for money; their rates were reasonable. Had they been higher, we surely would not have stayed.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

There was nothing to I didn't like.

My kids LOVED the breakfast! I enjoyed the flavored water that was available in the lobby. The room was very clean and the lady at the front desk was super nice!

We were on the first floor and the window did not lock. We used my wife's needle point plastic frame to secure the window. As I walked back from breakfast, it appeared all the locking mechanisms on the windows were missing. Please double check your windows anytime you are at any motel.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The pool was not heated. The hot tub area was closed. Parking was only fair. Vending machine was not working. There was no shampoo and conditioner and I did not bring my own , it is messy to bring and most hotels usually provide. There were two holders in the shower but they did not work and one was empty.

Staff at front desk were very friendly . The breakfast area was well stocked and clean . The room was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The bed was a bit lumpy and the outside noise was a bit loud at times but a good value for the orice

The staff was helpful and friendly! Great to work with. The breakfast was also excellent although modest.

The hotel could be updated, but for the price, we loved it!

Free parking, free continental breakfast, attentive staff, free wi-fi, many places to eat around the hotel

The hotel itself was ok but it needs better security to stop scumbags loitering in the car park late at night, asking a 58 year old British father of 4 if he has "any weed you can sell me, man.." Trump's America eh?

There were drug dealers operating in the rear car park. This created a sense of threat that prevented my daughters from staying in their room for one night together, as they were too scared, so I had to move them all into my room for safety - 5 people in 2 beds!!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Some of the other guests were a little loud.

The beds were comfortable. We had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room. Wi-Fi was very fast and reliable. There were a variety of restaurants (fast food and not fast, and various types of foods) within walking distance of the hotel. Free breakfast was OK to good. Ice cold water with fruit infusion was always available in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

The physical building is getting old and the fixtures (tub, sink, walls, doors, baseboards, bathroom floor) all look pretty old. Our sink was very slow to drain & the lower walls around the tub looked like they stay wet ~ made me wonder if there was a mold problem? The people in the next room (sounded like a group of young men?) were very loud until about 11:00 each night and started again about 6:00 a.m. I'm not sure if it was because there was a connecting door between our rooms or if the walls aren't insulated well enough, but it was so loud it sounded as though they were in the room with us. The complimentary breakfast left a lot to be desired. The shower gel in our tub was either mostly empty or didn't dispense properly ~ very difficult to get enough out to use while in the shower.

Location is great & lots of restaurant choices nearby. The carpet and bed spreads were very nice and looked relatively new.

The accommodation was excellent for the night and breakfast was just awesome- especially the coffee- one would expect to enjoy first thing in the morning! This BW location was great!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

Overwhelming odor in new carpet. Staff provided us with de-ionizer which helped moderately. Noise from street and downspout dripping were bothersome.

Freshly remodeled, very clean. Located close to many fast food restaurants.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

One day room service did not make up the room. This was no big deal. They realized this and called to apologize and brought us fresh towels and more coffee for next morning and emptied the trash cans.

Excellent breakfast and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Room was clean, staff was helpful and very friendly, we interacted with different staff members during our stay. Free breakfast was fresh. Floor plan is a nice setup, parking is convenient. No street noise was a big plus. We will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• King Room with Whirlpool - Smoking

No hot water in the mornings or evenings. If I wanted hot shower needed to have it in an afternoon. They did try and repair it. Offered to move me to another room but as I liked it I chose not to

Very nice and friendly place to stay

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Could not take a bath because of the apparatus for the bath to shower was not working and there were some like cracker crumbs on the top sheet of one of the beds

The size of the room was great the atmosphere of the room most congenial to my specifications

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

For the price, the place was excellent. When I paid as little as I did for a room in the middle of such a busy area I was expecting a small step above a roach motel, instead I found a great staff with great rooms and comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower

On my last night neighbor played instrument or something super loud and strange in the middle of the night and woke me up.

Front desk staff handled the situation well and the music finally stopped

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

The TV reception was terrible and when we mentioned it to the front desk the "maintenance" man sent to look at it had no idea what he was doing, so nothing was done to fix it.

The room was large and comfortable and the breakfast, included in the room rate was reasonable. The free Wi-Fi was a bonus as was the refrigerator in the room. It was perfectly located for what we were doing in the area.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The roaches,bed bug ,party all night ,people making dope deals ,walking outside getting hit on by filthy low grade gutter trash guys. I wouldn't even walk on the carpet ! It was disgusting ! Prostitutes .

Nothing!!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

The toilet was so low to the floor that it was very difficult to use, having had hip surgery. I was cold sleeping and couldn't find any blankets to use.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom dirty. Shower very poor Door did not close properly Heater/ air conditioner very loud Hard to find at night due to sign

Staff very nice.. pool area nice

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Tub drain clogged. Shower heads waste a lot of water. Hard to control. Considering CA is in a drought, one would think all showers would have water saving devices in place.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

1) The room I'd reserved (king, non-soking, whirlpool, thought it'd be nice after a 14 hour drive) was not available when I arrived at 7PM. Wasgiven a double queen, no whrilpool, smokingIt had been recently shampoo'd to try to cover the stench so the combination was cleaning solvent combined with cigar smoke. . 2)When I wouldn't accept the smoking I got a non-smoking room, but with a TV that did not work. The compensation for the room difference plus non-working tV was a "manager's special" rate that turned out to be the normal rate for the room they'd stuffed me into. 3) whomever said the food was good must be used to a very bad McDonalds. 4) If you're going to go through the trouble to a) make coffee and/or b) supply coffee in the room for the love of God put an extra scoop in the urn and make it right. 5) INCREDIBLY loud noise from somewhere int he plumbing started waking my up before 6AM and kept going until I just gave it up.

The bed I eventually got (not the size or class reserved) was fine

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I opted to stay a second night, was advised there would be no problem, after the first night I was asked to vacate the room, was moved to another room that was unacceptable I was misinformed by the staff on why I had to move, not happy

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a joke Tv not working properly I requested for handicap when reservation the room was NOT ready I wish I could see pictures of the hotels The rooms are not to expectation for the money Wish at breakfast they provided water without lemon Eggs with cheese really? What about those who don't like cheese or are lactose intolerant

Front desk help Pillows

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

The leaves in the pool, the ripped/worn out bed covers, cleanliness was not up to par. Bathroom had stains all over the place.

Enjoyed the pool, the TV and bed size.

Browse Best Western Heritage Inn traveller photo gallery