Reviews of Best Western Heritage Inn 2 stars

1420 East Monte Vista Avenue, Vacaville, CA 95688, USA

#5 of 12 hotels in Vacaville

Definitely not up to Best Western standards.
    • Suite with Three Queen beds

The outside of hotel is very sketchy and felt a little uncomfortable driving in. The 2 housekeepers were arguing over who was going to finish the room for us in the main office. We went to an A's game so just unpacked and took off. Got back late didn't really check out bathroom. In the morning all of us noticed mold in both the shower and toilet. None of us took a shower. Lots of noise from freeway as our room was right up against it. Windows were dirty and sills filled with dirt. Will not stay here again.

Kayla the receptionist was very friendly and the size of the room was great for the 6 of us.

Close to Freeway

The bathroom was right next to freeway. You could hear all the traffic through the vent. The a/c was broken in the room. Meaning you could only make it colder. The lighting was not good, the bed not too great.

The staff was very nice and the breakfast was good.

It was just ok.

Negatives were the pool - it was dirty and ants in the bathroom. TV was fuzzy and distorted.

Bed was comfortable. Hot scrambled eggs & sausage available. Also, breakfast packaged burritos & breakfast sandwich - which one customer cleaned out in a fell swoop :(

Liked the layout of the room, but not the noise.

The freeway traffic was very loud especially in the bathroom part of the room. Our neighbors below us had dogs barking all night.

The room was larger than average and included a microwave and mini fridge. But the best thing was the bathroom layout, as it had a second vanity and a wall that separated the whole bathroom area from the rest of the room!

I was happy, and would stay there again.

On the second day of my three day stay, the key just quit working, multiple times. Had to go to the office to get it reprogrammed. However, the staff quickly fixed the issue, and so they deserve top marks.

Bed was comfortable. Area had pretty much any restaurant you would need within a mile or two. Room was very clean.

Great value for money.

Excellent location, surrounded by lots of restaurants, fast food, supermarket and short distance to Vacaville outlet stores. Very courteous, kind and accommodating staffs from management, reservations to housekeeping. Rectified issues with no hassles. Comfortable bed and clean rooms.

Falsely advertised and dirty
    • Suite with Three Queen beds

The pool was closed for repairs. Bedroom was falsely advertised (advertised 3 queens received 2 queens and 1 full). Next to freeway with very thin walls. Air-condition extremely dirty inside and out. Mold in shower

Access and location

Clean and budget friendly

Great room for the price. Nothing fancy but everything was clean, the breakfast had plenty of choices, and the staff was friendly. The noise from the road is pretty loud. It didn't really bother me, but for people who are really sensitive to noise or light sleepers that might be a problem.

Room and overall room and breakfast wase very good for the price. The water issue ruined the stay.

There was no hot water when we awoke the first morning. They were unable to repair it that day. Had to take a stand-up "spit bath" Water still not hot the second morning. Went to our son's house for a shower. The water was back on hot late in the second day. We left after three days instead of four for unrelated reasons.

The room was nice. I've paid more for smaller rooms.

Okay stay

Breakfast was okay, I stayed other Best Western hotels and somehow the breakfast wasn't as good as the other places. Parking was tight due to construction.

Clean bathroom, clean room. Staff was nice. Close to outlet malls and stores.

The bed were comfortable and the rooms were very spacious;

Parking was a little tight and inadequate due to construction work being done to the swimming pool (which they never mention during booking and check-in) Getting into the place was was also a little tight. The driveway had a very sharp turn and was very steep.

The bed were comfortable and the rooms were very spacious; plenty of room for my big suitcase. The bathrooms were a little small but having two sinks was ideal for me and my partner.

This was a comfortable place to stay with plenty of restaurants nearby.

There was a little road noise, but they provided ear plugs if you wanted them.

The room was spacious with a refrigerator, coffee maker, and microwave. The chair and ottoman were comfortable, as well as the bed.

They allowed me to have a late check out.

They had a maintanence issue while I was there. They had to shut my water off and failed to tell me. Wish they would of contacted me and moved me to a room that had water. Couldn’t shower or flush the toilet.

They allowed me to have a late check out.

It was a good stay
    • King Room - Smoking

There was nothing I didn't like the stay was great.

The rooms were clean and nice the breakfast was good had variety. coffee was great. It was quiet at night.staff was friendly.i would stay again.

Only one staff member in site to handle check in and other...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Only one staff member in site to handle check in and other duties. Resulted in long waits. Illegally checked in person unknown to the staff due to outdoor access to rooms.

Never again.

Breakfast wasn’t ready at the specified time. No sausage for 3 of the 4 days we were there. Motel has very thin walls and floors. I swear the trucks on the freeway were in our bathroom. Didn’t have towels replenished because their washing machine was broken. Room was only cleaned once because every time we needed the kids to take a nap (@ noon) they had not made it to our room yet. When we left, they didn’t even come back to clean.

Staff was polite and was at a good location.

Uncomfortable and disappointed stay.

We checked in late, about 10pm. 1 room has a king bed, the other room has 2 queens. Both rooms have dirty beds. We don't think they did housekeeping right for these 2 rooms: still with hair and sand on beds in 2 rooms. We called front desk and complained. They came and changed sheets only temporarily, so we can rest. It was about 11pm already.

Breakfast in morning AM

Front desk staff was unprofessional. I would never recommend this property

The walls were paper thin so we hear EVERYTHING! We arrived late and just needed a good night sleep which didn't happen because the family above sounded like they had kids that were running relay races all night long and then started again shortly after 5am. Then to add insult to injury the parents kept screaming for their children to stop.

It was easily accessed from the freeway

The front office staff were very friendly &...

You can definitely hear some road noise being between the freeway & a busy street, but if you leave the fan option on the wall vent, it drowns out the sound pretty good.

The front office staff were very friendly & accommodating. On the first night, my 12 year old decided he was too old to sleep in a bed with me, so I went down to the office where the sweet ladies jumped up & found me a roll away bed with fresh blankets! My son was very happy to have his own space. The breakfast was good, was surprised they're waffle machine had pumpkin waffle mix. Yum! Beds are comfortable and we slept very well.

Horrible!

Unprofessional staff, reserved a non smoking room, was given smoking, was accused of hostile behavior when I became upset that I was not given the room type I reserved. They would not take responsibility! They even put me on a do not rent list! Omg! REALLY! Horrible experience!

Nice roomy room. Clean and comfortable.

Got back late after cycling competition for 17.5 hrs. Tired and wanting a shower. Our room keys wouldn't work on the door. No one was around in the office either. Waited 20 minutes outside thinking we might need to book another room down the street. No note on the counter to say they would be back shortly. Next morning we discovered our friend's in another room had keys that didn't work either.

the bed was comfortable and the size of the room was more than adequate

Good value for the money

Can't complain... Vacaville (means cow town... really) mas not much to do... unless you like jelly beans....

The breakfast was excellent and the lady working there was OUTSTANDING!!! Kind, generous, helpful and pleasant!!! (I wish I'd remember her name....) We had 2 sinks - one in the bathroom and one outside the bathroom.. Really neat

The room was spacious.

There were ants in my room. Also at the continental breakfast the decaf coffee was cold. Many cigarettes butts in the parking lot.

The room was spacious. The food selection for the continental breakfast.

I liked the size of room, the breakfast had good variety

There was a dead mouse swimming in pool with my kids, check in was hard because number was in putted manually wrong on computer, check out was hard, was charged twice one as an authorizing, gave me extra fees for going under balance, parking was horrible, room was cold, heater was loud and hardly any blankets on bed, shower was weak,

I liked the size of room, the breakfast had good variety

I'll never stay here again

I stay at Best Western hotels all the time and they are always great. Until I stayed at the Vacaville, CA one. The staff were inattentive, leaning on rude. The room smelled like a perfume astringent. There were ants. The ceilings/floors were paper thin. Breakfast...seriously? Glad most of my stay there was away at another venue.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

A value location!

We came in later for breakfast and found the scrambled eggs dry, I had to scrape them off the sides of the pan. The sausages were petrified and there was no batter left for the waffles. However after we Brought the situation to the attention of the employees they came out with fresh food and batter and everything was good.

Convenient location, quiet clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Nice personnel at check in...older hotel and well kept up overall

Was so thirsty and forgot to bring bottled water. There was an outside soda/water machine next to the ice machine and it was broken and did not work. Was very disappointed and frustrated because we had to drink California faucet water and it was nasty.

Breakfast was really good and had lots of choices. Evening check in desk clerk was super nice and told us if we needed anything please call him.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Clean, comfortable, very large rooms, good breakfast, and...

I liked everything. Good quality for a modest Inn

Clean, comfortable, very large rooms, good breakfast, and very nice people. The best Internet connection that I have found

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

location.

Waited 45 minutes to check in. Clerk was not in top form. Didn't like the fact that she took my drivers license and credit card and walked into another room. Bed was horrible, very uncomfortable, we rolled to the middle. The room wasn't cleaned. Guess they wait until you check out. Breakfast was okay but seating was either in a very high stool or sit in a regular chair by the front door. Offered ear plugs, but... oops they were out of stock. It was difficult to enter the driveway, and if others were checking in no place to park. You were left out in the street. Not a typical Best Western. Would NOT stay there again.

location. Close to our family. a bit difficult to enter the driveway but...

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Loved the set up and modern-ish style.

in the bathroom the shower wasn't clean cut and the spigit was coming out of the wall a little bit. the freeway was a bit noisy also

Loved the set up and modern-ish style. although some things didn't match, it was very nice. Love that it was pet friendly. I have a 6 lb Yorkie-Shihtzu mix who is my ESA and she did very well here.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Comfortable, clean and convenient !
    • King Room - Smoking

The mattresses at this hotel are too hard and firm. Availability of laundry facilities would be a wonderful addition.

Rooms are comfortable and very well-appointed. Coffee-maker, microwave and fridge allow guests not to have to go out for meals. Breakfast is very nice in the morning. 24-7 availability of coffee is appreciated.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Very good experience overall!

the available tv channels could've been better.

the continental breakfast was the best i've had in a while. for it to be a 'continental breakfast' there were quite a few options.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

FREEWAY THROUGH YOUR ROOM, SLEEPLESS NIGHT, and LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

This Hotel is about 25 yards from the CA 80 Freeway thoroughfare, which is a main artery freeway between San Francisco and Sacramento. You WILL hear cars and trucks racing by 24 hours a day, while in your room. Its an older building, not well insulated and the walls are apparently paper thin. I slept off and on for three hours and checked out at 4:00 a.m. it was so bad.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Convenirny

Staff could not manage to figure out military travel discount. We were told we would be sent a receipt. We are still waiting....

Convenient. Easy off, easy on freeeay, and good nearby.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The room size was great--nice and large.

It was shabby and not what I'd expected from a Best Western. I have no way of proving this--so I'm giving it a fair rather than negative rating-- but I was attacked by bed bugs on this trip (never before) and I'm pretty sure it was at this motel, simply because it was shabby and sub-par. Since I can't know for sure I didn't contact them and wouldn't have commented if you hadn't sent this review. I don't want to get anyone in trouble and don't want you to publish my review.

The room size was great--nice and large.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

I will be staying every week.
    • King Room - Smoking

Best Western is one of the oldest chains in the hotel industry. I think it is challenging to renovate, and upgrade properties that have been in existence for decades: it's an old place that has had pieces of the rooms replaced. To say they have been torn to the studs, and redone would be an overstatement. What has been done has improved the property greatly.

The room was very comfortable. I think it is a fair value.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

All in all good experience, don't expect Doubletree or Hilton even though you may pay the same.

Only downfall was they were doing renovations to update rooms so some of the old furnishings,mirrors and sinks were piled outside the building in parking lot. The price was a little high compared to nicer hotels I've stayed in for less money or same. But it was only accommodations left due to race at Sears point for that coming weekend.

Location is prime. Right off the hwy. Staff was very nice and recommended a local Mexican restaurant right down the street. Also room was already very cool because the maid left ac on. A refreshing plus to our stay considering it was 105+ Whether they day we came in to town. Bed was comfortable. Renovated rooms minus small details like moulding and fixtures but I'm a bit of a stickler for small details.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at the best western.

I didn't like the 1 way traffic.

I really enjoyed my stay at the best western. And i will be returning for a visit and i will be making reservations for another stay. Thank you for making my stay comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Good spot for a short stop

We stopped there because of the pool The pool was closed for repair disappointing on a hot day clean up noise was not great

Efficient staff large clean room Excellent breakfast served until 10am

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

We where given a room on the second floor.

The contractor remodeling a few rooms workers tracked drywall dust all over the sidewalk and parking lot. I have worked construction and we where required to clean up at the end of each work day.

We where given a room on the second floor. My wife has verdigo making it hard to go up and down the stairs. I talked with the manager about moving to a ground floor room. She changed our room to a floor room, after housekeeping had a room ready. Every staff member I talked to war very friendly.

Convenient location and nice staff!

Earwig in shower, mold stains in shower, water faucet very hard to pull to get on!

Convenient location and nice staff!

Ants they were on attack

Ants they were on attack

Price

Ants in the bathroom.

Price

Outlet Shopping Motel

Highway noise and noisy A/C

Close to the Outlet Mall, fair price.

it was ok

We were on the first floor, every time someone used the bathroom we could hear the toilet flushing all hours of the night

I would stay there again

Walls were thin u could hear a lot

Breakfast was better than I thought excellent

I liked the location.

The bed was a little too hard, other than that everything was good.

I liked the location. The room size was good, all my needs were met.

We had a huge room. 3 queen beds and a sunroom attached. We has 3kids &3adults very spacious

We had no complaints

The staff was kind and friendly

Noisy

Noisy

Best hotel around the area
    • King Room - Smoking

Only bad thing is you can hear the freeway really good at night.

Rooms are very clean

Stay was nice. Would stay there again

Easy to book room. Rooms available and price was good!

High shower head, lots of hot water, VERY comfortable bed!

Large space under room door allowing cool air in

High shower head, lots of hot water, VERY comfortable bed!

I didn't like the smell of the room.

I didn't like the smell of the room.

Their friendly and helpful staff made a huge difference...

Their friendly and helpful staff made a huge difference between this hotel and others of the same price. Good value breakfast. Loved the waffles!

My sister and I had a great time the rm was very clean will book again

Parking

comfortable

Need more glasses.comfortable.

Napali italian food very good.

Awesom

I love it awesom

Everything was as expected. Thank you.

Staff was exceptional, courteous, friendly and helpful

Staff was professional,kind, and courteous

The food was fantastic.

I would stay here again.

The parking

The breakfast choices were amazing. The food was tasty and hot.

it was an okay place for the price.

noisey

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Air cond was not cool and very noisy

Nice enough place, Don't ask for towels
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

needed more towels and nobody would get us more. we were shorted towels

the breakfast and breakfast staff were awesome

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Service of people

The parking was full and I have to park in other parking lot

Service of people

The spacious bathroom area

Squeaky bed

The spacious bathroom area

I probably won't stay again.

It wasn't worth the money.

Very clean and comfortable.

Very clean and comfortable. Love the two sinks!

Clean and comfortable

Street noise, police came to make an arrest in hotel parking lot, coffee maker in room not working.

Clean, comfortable, and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

superior

comfort and safe

Pleasantly surprised.

Not a fan of the scrambled eggs.

Great variety for breakfast. Friendly staff. Easy access to freeway.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Wonderful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Great!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Bestcwestern was spooioo great

The sausages

The waffle

Good value but a little faded and in need of refurbishment.

Too close to noisy road. Bathroom was very dated.

Large room and bed

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

It served well for comfort.

Communication with house keeping.

It served well for comfort.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017