Reviews of Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport 2 stars

#2 of 2 hotels in Burbank

6.2

6.2

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The water in the shower had really low pressure. Specially if you are a woman with long hair, youre gonna have a hard time getting the shampoo out. The couch could be more comfortable. I missed TV channels like natGeo or Discovery.

Its located in a great spot for me. The busstop is right infront of the door. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. There was a fridge and a microwave in the room, which was nice.

My family came from different cities and one room smelled of cigarettes the carpet was very worn the staff did accommodate us than I went to put my belongings in the dresser and it fell apart the person whoever had it left something in a towel and my granddaughter picked it up not enough towels given

The staff and the close eating places around

The last time I stayed they were remodeling the facility (great job) just beautiful.

The lobby/dining area was a nice touch ,open & airy with very comfortable seating.. a

Staff, lies, attitude, no water, no restaurant, no place to get bottled water, no shuttle.

Attitude was awful. Water in coke machine out for 3 days. Breakfast was not good. No shuttle at all to airport. They lied to us ar front desk about checking on our taxi that was late. I travel a lot and won’t consider this property unless no other hotel is found.

The room had a bad smell. The lobby looked nice/updated, but the rooms haven't been yet. They seem to be in the beginning stage of possible upgrades to the rooms. The continental breakfast could have been better. I would say 7/10.

I liked the proximity to the airport. I liked that there was a nice business center to print my boarding pass. The lobby was updated. It was fine for 1 night.

BED, PRICE, BATHROOM

I was not happy with the room at all. SINK was cracked and shower wasn't good. bed was not good either. room numbers were posed with paper. I didn't feel safe. wasn't not worth the money.

They lied about the stuff they had at the hotel all that stuff was still getting put in and lied to us on the website about it.

The room was nasty and disappointing but the Manager on duty did his best to fix it by giving us a upgrade room that was the best thing on my stay there.

• King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access

They have rats And didn’t want to give me my money back even though we found rat droppings all over the room after we had went out

The blankets on the bed had stains on them and the towels were dingy looking and the room was very cold even after turning the heat on. Bring extra blankets if you're going to stay here. Staff was kind of rude when checking in.

The location.

The curtain was too long for the window so we had to rig something to insure the warm heat would blow into the room and not just back the curtain/window.

Could have been advised that hotel is being refurbished.

Close to Midway Airport and reasonably priced even as a late booking. Despite hotel in middle of refurbishment the staff and facilities were adequate

Not very clean, carpet was coming up, walls were dirty, very unsanitary. The smoke detector in the room was going off all night from low battery! Worst hotel stay of my life!!!!

I liked NOTHING!

1) Today a rash on the back of my neck has appeared which looks to be from bed bugs (I stayed on Wednesday night). 2) As soon as I walked in to the room it smelled like body odor. It was so strong I purchased an air freshener. 3) WiFi consistently kicked me off 4) The numbers on the doors were printed paper taped to the door 5) Staff was mediocre and were not friendly or welcoming. Simply did their job. 6) The outlet fixtures all appeared to be loose and unsafe 7) Showerhead gave incredibly low pressure and was also loose 8) After all of this, there was no way I would trust the food and drink there I chose this location since it was close to my meeting the next morning. It was also $70 less than other hotels in the area (Marriott, Hilton, etc). I had never stayed at a Best Western before and after this experience I would never stay at this chain again nor recommend to anyone.

Location was convenient where my meeting was being held.

Just that work out room wasn’t available. Bedding could have been nicer. P

Breakfast and staff. I’m sure the hotel would be a lot better it’s under renovation. Pleasant atmosphere other than renovating.

The property is older and under renovation. Our room while freshly painted-we could smell the paint throughout our stay, was furnished completely with older pieces. The toilet did not flush properly and I was worried it would back up. There was no iron or ironing board in the room although there was an empty space for one. When I called the front desk for an iron, they delivered one that did not work. A basic place to lay your head after a late arrival but definitely a one night or in our case a few hours stay.

Again not one thing, we have a two night stay and we had to leave after one night and go down the road to another hotel.

Nothing, the staff was not helpful at at, the lobby was under construction, the room was a mess, the room smell like mold, the toilet was shaking.

• King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access

The pillows were awful!!! The toilet ran all night and the faucet drips constantly. Someone was smoking pot out in the hallway. You could smell it from inside the room.

The mattress was fine. The tv was okay.

Under construction, food was old, air conditioning stopped working,furniture and carpeting in room broken and ripped up. Room was filthy all n all i was very disappointed that best western had there name on this one. There usually much higher standard.

Close to work sight

These are the things that I did not like: The renovations were being made in the lobby...there was no adequate place to sit...the couch that they had available, as well as chairs were dirty with stains on them and there was very limited seating. The breakfast was limited with just donuts, coffee, juice. One of our relatives got some juice and a fly came out of the juice machine into the cup. There were no refrigerators in the room which were there last year when we stayed here. The towels were not the best...we were limited in getting additional ones...they were extremely worn...there were carpet stains on the floor...the covering on the beds were wrinkled. Paper cups were used in the bathroom for rinsing one's mouth and the second day we were there all of them have been used but no fresh ones were replaced...very small bars of soap to be used for bathing half the size of what they usually had been...the stopper in the sink in the bathroom was not working I had to pull it out and leave it out so the water wouldn't be stopped up in the sink.

The walls in the rooms weren’t finished and need some updating. Some TV channels weren’t coming in which caused us to miss a sports game.

Closeness to the airport.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was roach infested, we had roaches crawling everywhere, I had to unpack my bags and shake everything out, didn't want the roaches to travel home with me. Also it was a jacuzzi suite and couldn't relax because of this.

That it was right next door to my venue, so it was easy for me to access my wedding location.

We were promised a bathtub but got a non-working hot tub. It had NO water pressure and bottom floor was a construction zone. Not a 130 a night hotel.

It had a roof and locking door

• King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access

The pillows in the hotel were so small and for a hotel of this standard I expected the pillows to be more bigger and fluffier some of the handles on certain things were broke

Bent, battered, and torn lampshades made it look as if there had been a fight in the room. Everything else was borderline shabby.

Housekeeping was responsive to our needs.

City work on the parking Lot - inconvenient parking but they had to call the city so I can park- they should have made arrangements so quests could park in the front parking lot- midnight and I am trying to find a place to park wasnt fun and discomforting

Very nice personnel Teresa and the others! Very friendly!

It was dirty. My fridge had mold in it. Towels were dirty. Couldn't even walk on the carpet without shoes. I wish I could get my money back. Would never stay there again I would give it a 1 star but I can't change the rate they calculated

NOt a damn thing

The room/hotel does need updating. It did look like the main lobby was having some renovations done. In the room itself, the ceiling was cracking with visible water damage and holes in the walls from the door handles. But for a room and a clean bed to sleep in for a few nights it was perfectly fine.

The location of this hotel relative to the venue location (Toyota Park) was great and free breakfast is always a plus.

This motel is undergoing renovations, but there was a powerfully bad odor when we stepped out of the elevator. The toilet would not flush. There was vomit on the floor by the desk. We were offered another room, but it smelled like cat urine, so we kept the original room because it did not smell.

• King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access

Hotel undergoing renovations so had to deal with room numbers written on making tape on the door, carpet not on the best shape.

Very friendly and easy to find . Beds were comfy

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

It was kinda dirty and even though the beds seemed clean, they were not very well made up so appeared dirty. The toilet was clogged up, the tub dripped all night, there was no microwave or refrigerator.

Location was close to airport & places to get food. The breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Breakfast very generic, eggs looked like frisbees, maybe egg beaters? Was not told that property was under renovations. 1/2 of lobby was gutted to the cement. Room numbers were hand written on masking tape and taped to each door. Value did not match the cost of the room.

Staff was very nice. Beds and pillows were extremely heavenly! Location of hotel was good.

They could have let us know it was under construction. Property was dingy and dirty, ex specially around the baseboard in the bathroom, and it had a Terrible order of mildew in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Should have been warned property under construction. I would have stayed elsewhere. Not worth tje price i paid. They should've lowered the rates.

Property was under construction during stay and freshly painted walls that had a smell that made me sick.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The view

Its a nice quiet area it was close to the event I was attending it's close to a lot of restaurants i dont have where I live just a all around nice area

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The room had a smell to it like the carpet been wet. I had to change room twice, because my didn't work and the other room was nasty. There wasn't no pool or fitness room like they show on the website. I feel I paid too much when they didn't have everything they offer and didn't say they was remodeling.

That we was able to walk to the stores.

This was my third time staying at this property. Previous visits were great! This time I believe there was a lady bug infestation because as I was working at the desk a total of three different ladybugs flew on my screen at three different times out of the blue and scared the daylights out of me. Notified the front desk but was told the hotel was sold out so my room couldn't be changed. I couldn't rest.

I believe the room was reasonably clean with fresh sheets and I appreciated being able to run down and get a fresh cup of coffee.

They had hair all over the bathroom and the manager wasn't very nice when we asked someone to clean it. After the first night we woke up to bed bugs. We still haven't had anyone from management contact us to rectify. They accused us of planting them. No customer service at all.

Nothing. Seriously awful.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

The exercise room was unavailable (under construction) during my entire 7 day stay. The front desk staff often did not greet me when entering or exiting hotel.

I liked the location.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Not the best neighborhood and the facilities are a little outdated. There was no airport shuttle, as a result I had a $11.00 cab ride to the airport.

Improvements were underway during my visit, so it appeared that things are moving in the right direction at this location.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

was told on reservation that transportation to airport would be provided and it was not. i would not have reserved a room at this location. i came in late in the day and left very early in the morning to catch a plane.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

The room was old ,carpet burnt, missing towels, bathroom baseboard missing, water pressure low ,bathroom sink clogged during all of our three days stay,No fridge,no microwave, no pool or hot tub as advertised and five day old Reduced 49 cents donuts served for breakfast (boxes left on counter). Very Disappointed and would like a refund.I booked the room booked the room under booking.com because of the false advertisement regarding pool/hot tub and old pictures of rooms from the past. Please respond to my request for a refund.

The location of the property only.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The fire alarm blaring at 10 a.m. was terrifying, and the staff was not at all helpful. As we ran down the four flights, a hotel maid told us, "Oh, don't worry"; and when I called the front desk I was told "Don't worry, it's nothing" - as three fire trucks pulled into the parking lot. The hotel guests were evacuating, and the staff did nothing to help or clarify the situation. When we informed the front desk that the carpet in our room was filthy enough to make our bare feet dirty they commented that the "carpet in that room probably just needs to be cleaned". The water pressure in the shower was so minimal it took 20 minutes to rinse our hair! And construction debris and cords littered the hallway on the main floor.

Proximity to Midway Airport.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Entire facility was below my expectations for a Best Western. In comparison to other BW's, this facility was not well maintained, the room was just average and not clean like others. Very disappointed will NEVER stay at this location again.

The Shower had no water pressure and took 15 minutes to get the slightest bit warm. The hotel was run down and is in a desperate need for a face lift.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

I didn't like the fact they have bed bugs. I was bites and the staff was unconcerned and carried the situation litely and management never talked to me. Management told the front desk attended to just give her her money back. I would never go back or send anyone else there .

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Window was open when arrived at room. Bathroom was dirty (tub and shower curtain). Bed was very uncomfortable. Bed linens were dingy.

Close to airport. Night desk clerk was friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Renovations taking place. Room on first floor near stafflaundry room so all the cleaning arts in the area. Advertising said shuttle but none available.

Lorenzo at front desk was very helpful. Room air conditioner worked great.

A faucet leaking plus construction going on wasn't pleasant...

My very first time traveling to Chicago to see family and friends there Best Western was the perfect location for me to everyone the stores i like was a little distance away other than that it was a great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Well there was the smoke smell in the room The roaches in the bathroom (Shouldve gotten pics) The dead roach in the fridge Take your pick

I was comfortable with the way the bed felt until the next day I heard other guests complaining about seeing bed bugs at that point my comfort level went completely down

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access

TV reception was terrible. Smoking smell was evident even though it was a non smoking room.

Location to airport was excellent. Plenty of restaurants close by. Bed was comfortable. Fine for what I needed which was a night accommodation close to airport and safe.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Bed was terrible, room was worn and dirty, bedspread was dirty, neighborhood was scary. Pool was out of order. Air conditioner didn't work very well,

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

The place was nasty and not like other Best Westerns, I have been to. Not worth the money that was paid, would have been better off at a motel 6. They also need an airport shuttle,

How close it was to the hotel

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The cable was out, there was no pool-even though it was advertised on the web, the breakfast only went until 9:30, the shower and water pressure were terrible, the shower wouldn't stop dripping, the front desk staff did nothing to decrease the price of the room based on the problems, and the cost of the room was high based on the location and amenities (which were none)

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

There was a problem with our reservation thru booking.Com the staff went above and beyond to help resolve it and gave a free room upgrade for same price as what booking.Com had posted.

Breakfast was the usual. Super soft beds. No noise was heard from hallway or rooms above us.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

No Wi-Fi working.....trying to print air boarding passes. Must have spent 15 minutes trying to get them before staff (who were right in the area) told me Wi-Fi no working.....had to ask before they told me. Therefore missed breakfast by minutes.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

The website stated that there were a refrigerator and microwave in the room.mine don't have either. When I asked I was told that you get those when you are staying at least a week or single suites. Other guest told me that they had those and was staying less time then me. There was not enough towels I had to ask for more. The room was dark and the a/c was under the curtain's when they were closed the air would go up the curtains. The tv channels was disappointing. There was a old smell in the room.

The bathroom was very clean spotless. The sheets were charged daily.

I found a bed bug

Wasn’t in the best part of Chicago

Staff is pleasant

Loitering in parking lot

Great customer service

Having hot water issues while I was there.

It's getting a much needed face lift

the elevator is very very very very very very slow.

the staff was great to work with.

tight parking

close to my daily destination

Located near airport. Great Front Desk Service. Highly recommended good restaurant.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There wasn’t enough towels and blankets in the room.

The receptionist was nice and helpful

Didn't know about breakfast

The cleanliness

smell of marijuana. Breakfast was not very good

Staff was friendly

The room and bathroom were clean and presentable. I liked that it was close to Midway Airport so it was convenient.

Nice selection at breakfast

Basic hotel. Rooms are clean, beds are good. Lobby is pretty bleak but rooms are fine.

When checked in did not like the worker every time he works he's really rood

The food waz good it's not load and the room waz really clean

Spent condom in drawer. Need we say more?

no pool

The staff was nice

A towel had lipstick on it and the toilet ran

The heat could be better

Quietly and clean