Reviews of The Magic Carpet Lodge 2 stars

1875 Fremont Boulevard, Seaside, CA 93955, USA

#12 of 13 hotels in Seaside

5.9

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything. We had pee stained blankets. Room was dirty. It smelt like nasty old smoke. Then when the managers or owners would cook the smell of the food would stink up the room to where u would gag and cloths would stink. It was bad. Everyone I talked to there as customers wouldn't come back. We wont be back. I am not rating it 2.5 that booking I give it a 1.0. Not at all what is as suppose to be.

bad place. Rate it a 1.0

• Queen Room

Booking showed that dog fees applied but not the amount. Thought it was steep compared to other hotels. Bogus credit card issue and less than friendly upon check in. Over priced!

Location was convenient to stores and restaurants.

• Deluxe Double Room

Scalding hot water in the shower when other rooms were showering. Bathroom had hair on the floor and in the drain. Towels were threadbare and small. Building was old and run down, windows did not block any sound. Paid way too much for this motel

Location to CSUMB. Refrigerator in room. Pleasant staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

The beds hurt our backs. The window looked out to a wall.

We loved that there was pretty clean and the staff was nice. The room was clean and no bed bugs. The water was hot and they were generous with the towels.

• Queen Room

Room:The room was not small, but very dirty, smiled like a sticky cheese. The bathroom: The bathroom was clean, however, the bathtub didn't have a cork. The staffs: The staffs spoke very poor English, also they did not even try to explain what they are talking about.

DO NOT GO THERE!!

• Queen Room

Room was very dark, because there was only one small lamp on the ceiling. It smelled badly after cigarettes, eventhoug there wasn't allowed to smoke. Except the bed it wasn't good cleaned. It was quite loud all night, because there was a main road beside the hotel.

Nič.

• Queen Room

I didn't like the TV, the image was not clear and the remote was not changing the channels. Also the mirror was cracked in the bathroom door which was a safety issue for our son who could have gotten cut. Besides that everything else was good

The bed was comfortable, there was a fridge for my sons milk and enough lighting ... I love the mirror being separated from the bathroom to do my makeup

• Deluxe Double Room

I definitely was a little let down by the lack of covers on the bed there was just one thin blanket and a sheet and it was kind of a cold night I was wishing there was something more cozy otherwise the room was great

I really like the fact that we were able to check in late and the front desk was so accommodating. We were checking in late and checking out really early we just needed a place to lay our heads and we were very happy with the location the people that work there and the accessibility from the freeway and everything it was very convenient we will stay there again

• Deluxe Double Room

Owner lie to me call me I was late checking out told me I had to 1 PM we were out at 12.30 Then wanted and demand 50 00 late charge settle for 25

Nice play bad owner

I had a problem with the tv not working went down to the office and the owner told me I wasn't turning it on right so I paid all that money and wasn't able to watch TV they wouldn't come and fix it! Never coming back

• Deluxe Double Room

The paint job could be more professional. The bottom of iron was dirty (didn’t use). Kleenex looked like someone stuffed in back in.

Bed was clean & plenty of towels.

• Queen Room

The fresh new towels were dirty and had stains on them, The sheets on the mattress had stains on them too. The shower curtain bar fell on me when I pulled the shower curtain. Part of our toilet paper was blue for some reason. The Clean up people didn't change our sheets when they cleaned up our room and they left their dirty gloves behind.

The fridge was a bonus

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything was great, no negatives.

Very clean and quiet. The shower had excellent water flow/pressure, it was like showering under a waterfall! Wish my shower was like that.

• Deluxe Double Room

It would get rather annoying with the Wi-Fi going in and out at times. Depending on where the room is located from the closest router is usually the reason.

The room was spacious and updated. I went from check in to my room in less than 5 minutes.

• Queen Room

We had unknown people come into our room at around 10:30pm. It was terrifying. Thankfully we had the security chain locked so they couldn't make it all the way into the room. We slept with a chair under the door handle to feel more safe. When I reported this in the morning I was not taken seriously and only told they would check security footage later.

The property was clean. It's located on a busy street near in close proximity to a shopping center, fast food and restaurants. The staff was nice.

• Queen Room

area seemed a bit sketchy. Front desk seemed unprofessional and uninterested in making the visit comfortable or welcoming for the guests, didn't really say much at all in general

Room and everything was clean. lots of parking. rooms newly renovated so it looked great

• Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom had hair all over the walls and on some towels. Bathroom could use a little updating. The heater took some time to warm up the room.

Loved the beds and the style of the room! Glad we were next to several restaurants.

• Deluxe Double Room

Unfortunately Magic Carpet was the dirtiest and worst value for money out of all the properties we stayed at during our 3 week vacation in California, Nevada and Utah.

Comfortable beds

• Deluxe Double Room

Good location and easy access.

Room looked freshly repainted, but bathroom tub/shower was stained and not clean, door jamb had severe dry rot, room was small and crowded.

The bed was a platform bed and the mattress kept moving around and coming off the frame. The room itself had appaired to be recently updated, but the shower/tubs lining was discolored and peeling off.

The room was not carpeted, it had the laminate flooring. It felt nice and clean.

• Deluxe Double Room

Very loud music next door woke us up too early in the morning. Bathroom outlet was broken and couldn't use hair dryer. TV signal and image was horrible.

Easy to find.

• Queen Room

I refused to go in the pool. I could see the scum and detritus on the surface from the second floor. My first morning the cleaning service came at 9 in the morning, entered without knocking. I waved and said hi from the bed, then they scurried out. Despite the intrusion, I said it's ok, but they didn't understand me because they don't speak English. I spent half an hour hanging out while someone came in to install a new door on the bathroom that swung out instead of in. There was a welder welding the bottom of the staircase right outside my door for two days so it wouldn't fall down. After the first time maid service barged in and ran away, once I was up and about, I came down to the office and requested to get said maid service. The manager told me to go find one of the housemaids (who don't speak English) and ask her for it (not my job, bro) and then pointed down the hallway saying "Yes, I see one there, go ask her." The maid service was usually incomplete, leaving the full garbage bag in the can or dirty towels under the sink. I'm lucky that there were some extra garbage at the bottom of my bin so I could take the full bag outside and put another empty one in myself. Of the four nights I spent there, this happened thrice. The final day, the maid service apparently just gave up on my room, I went to ask again for room service, I was told by the manager the the maids were going home (@ 2:30 PM) and that it was impossible to get maid service. So he sent me to the housekeeping office for new towels. They (didn't speak English) but I'm pretty sure they were just playing dumb because I can communicate successfully in Arabic in countries in the Middle East even with my not-quite-top-notch skills in conversational Arabic, and I know a decent amount of Spanish, yet they were completely baffled by my pantomimes pointing at the rack of towels and then to myself asking if I could please have some, saying my room number and all.

My balcony had an excellent view of a discount dealership car lot. If you want to know what it's like to spend a couple nights in Iraq, without the gunfire and explosions, I recommend.

The hotel clearly is a state of refurbishment which is not advertised when making a booking, building rubbish lying around, pool unusable efc When first entering our room it had a strong odour of bleach, which wasn’t pleasant but gave us comfort that at least the room has been cleaned! However there were hairs on top of the bed covers and when we pulled sheets back it looked like someone had already slept in the bed. There were also some little black specs which at first we thought was just dust...until they jumped! BED BUGS! We immediately went to the office to tell staff we were leaving and wanted full refund, he did not seem surprised about the bed bugs nor did he check that we were telling the truth, just made a quick phone call and then refunded our money. Which indicates to me that this was not the first time people had left due to be bugs. I then received an email the next day saying that we were a no show! Oh and also there was a red stain on bathroom door which looked like it could have been blood :-(

Staff were friendly on check in

• Deluxe Double Room

Listing said pet friendly. Yes to the tune of $30 extra per night per pet. With 2 small dogs for 2 nights that would have been an extra $120. Man at front desk very unpleasant. Property run down and poorly maintained. Its a dump. Don't stay there. Room looked nothing like the pictures in the listing

• Queen Room

It was very clean and was close to every where we wanted to visit. The staff made us feel welcomed and pleased to be there. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Queen Room

Overpriced, the bathroom faucet leaked constantly, their was rust in the drain from how long it had been leaking. A real shame considering California is still in a drought, the shower was like a fire hose, the hallways were dirty, building debris was piled around the place, we had to turn on fan to create white noise because we couldn't sleep do to the man snoring next door to us, the walls were way to thin. I would put this up with feeling like your in a welfare hotel and we paid $230 a night.

the bed was comfortable.we went for Monterey jazz festival and it was a short drive to fairgrounds.

• Deluxe Double Room

The only thing i didnt like is the bathroom definetly need some work. The bathroom sink in our room was filthy that I dont even want to use it, the cleaner probably forgot to clean it?

The room is nice and comfortable! The bed is really soft and comfy.

• Queen Room

hotel is is status of renovation and the pool was dirty

Very good location for beach access, few minutes away and you access Sandy Beach Seaside,and see the most amazing sun sets Room was big and bed was comfy

• Queen Room

There was construction work going on, which had an impact on the whole day. I had to run away to avoid the loud and annoying noise

The staff was very friendly and did their best to help

• Queen Room

Nothing. There was remodeling going on. Not all they advertised was true. Pool was dirty could not use. Very scary. The front door was not secure. Felt very afraid. The room was so old looking.

Very dissatisfied!

The outside property was a mess they were do a lot of work on rooms so there were construction workers the lobby was a mess the check in clerk was not helpful

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room

Our RV had to be parked behind a locked, fenced area that made it cumbersome to "watch" the RV and for getting belongings in and out.

Staff was nice. Rooms had no carpet.

• Deluxe Double Room

That the pool was not clean so we couldn't use it, n they don't have any type of complimentary breakfast.

The inside of rooms for the most part are nice but the pool was filthy n the outside just isn't up to standards for what they charge. Could use a nice paint job n some constructional work. They need to make it smoker friendly as well. And for the price have sum type of breakfast.

• Queen Room

Coffee. More blankets for beds in first arriving at room

They are in the middle of a great remodel project. They are very attentive to guests in the midst of the project. Good location for access to many of the area's great attractions.

• Queen Room

Easy to get to. Easy to maneuver around the city it was close to freeways and major thoroughfare. It had great dinning right around the street and gas station also stores for shopping near by. It was fancy but it was clean comfort and I felt safe

• Deluxe Double Room

The motel is currently renovated. When we stepped out of our room, we almost stumbled over construction material. The door to our bathroom could not be closed as it did not fit into the doorframe. It could only be leaned on. Considering this, the price (>200$ per night for 3 People) was unashameldy high. Definitely not worth the money. One time, I saw an employee of the motel (receptionist) half-sitting on the hood or our car when he talked to some other employees. Unacceptable!

Refrigerator, microwave and coffeemashine in the room. WiFi was free.

• Queen Room

The facilities were a mess. Parking was difficult.

Nothing, I was disappointed as there was remodeling going on and that was not mentioned. I nearly checked out after seeing the room initially. The shower curtain rod fell and nearly hit my girlfriend.

• Queen Room

The site is in the middle of being refurbished. There are a lot of construction, and supplies stacked in hallways and in the pool area. Also the walls are very thin,we smelled cooking, and heard the neighbor's arguments each day.

There is an elevator which I was relieved to use, as we were on the 3rd floor.

• Queen Room

Noise was awful. I could hear the room next door partying until 4am and didn't manage to sleep. I paid a lot of money for what I would qualify as poor. There wasn't a baby cot available either and no solution was offered by the hotel as to how I should sleep my toddler.

It was the only place with a vacancy and we understand why. The place looks like a city dump. The pool was out of order. Cold rooms. No breakfast. Overpriced

It was the only place with a vacancy

• Queen Room

It is supposed to be a smoke free hotel but when we walked in the room smelled like someone had literally just smoked in the room and walked out. The shower was leaking water the entire time and we watched a staff member drop clean towels in the parking lot three times and then just throw it back on top of the clean ones to be used. The pictures on the website reflect how the hotel looked when it was a best western not how it looks now.

It seemed like the owners of the hotel might have been renovating to make the hotel nicer but it was a mess when we arrived with tools and drywall everywhere.

• Deluxe Double Room

Did not have room for 5 as we ordered. No help at all. The door to the bathroom was impossible to open during night. And no personal were here to help us. Horrible place in total. We want our money back and booking.com should not recommend this place

• Deluxe Double Room

The pool was a murky green color, with what looked like an old BBQ grill on one side. One reason I booked here was because it said they had a pool, I had 2 grandsons with me who like to swim. I refused to even consider letting them go to the pool. When I was checking out there were some paper signs on a box in the lobby saying the pool was out of order. Will not consider a repeat stay here in the future. Faucet in the tub had a steady stream of water and the plate around the handle was completely loose so you could see the pipes in the wall.

• Deluxe Double Room

View was a dirty pool that we couldn't use in the summer time! The room cost us 195.00 But it was less than a 60.00 room. Pillows were horrible, very cheap. Went to see if office had coffee and 7:30 AM and door was locked with no one there! We had 5 people with two sets of towels! Never again will we stay there!

Thankfully, we were only there one night so it was better than nothing.

• Queen Room

The hotel was completing renovation with everything new in the room. Bath tub needed some work. No continental breakfast.

I like the space of the room.

• Queen Room

Some rooms had blankets others did not! They don't have all the cable channels they say. Not all rooms have hairdryer or ironing board. My room was dusty! It was noisy with construction right outside my room throwing boards off 2nd floor! And guys smoking pot but was no smoking!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Queen Room

Anything would have been better. I am not getting any more rooms from Booking.com if my 250. is not refunded immediately. This is a pure scam and should not be allowed to advertise with legitimate motels/hotels.

This is a motel filled with pot smokers, prostitutes, loud all night people, and worst of all - the staff cheated us and took another 250 dollars - stole it - from my account on the last day, called the police on my daughter who was trying to clean the room which we had paid for!!! And called the spca to take our three pets! They are foreigners who barely speak or understand the language, they claimed our legitimate service dogs were fake and the rooms are so cheap and dingy, the lights do not work and the ones that do are orange! This is the worst motel you could ever go to (read all reviews, not just mine).

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was not at all clean, and it is called The Magic Carpet Lodge, but in my room there was a big square without carpet. The place looked like it haven't been taken care of, and it really needs to be renovated.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

nothing. and that is why they no refund policy.

They lie about that there was no rooms . and it was not worth the money I pay for there was hairs in the bathtub and there was no covers on outlets and it smell like urine wet rugs no extra towels or blankets and it was not worth $200.00 a night. I would only charge $65.00 for the room. I would never attend this place again.

• Deluxe Double Room

Family owned business who lives in hotel as well. Didn't feel comfortable coming or going. Constantly being watched by the wife and family members. Carpet is very old and stained. Can't walk bare foot. Bathroom paint pealing off. Can see the stains where the mold was once present. Rust stains running down the tile. Opened window to see sheet rock and screws all around the frame as well as underneath the window. Repairs not finished. Using the curtains to hide unfinished work. Very old hotel that hasn't been properly maintained over the years.

• Queen Room

unlike other budget motels there were no croissants or the like for breakfast. Coffee in the room was just OK, TV had poor reception and was a bit far from downtown Monterey.

Rooms were nicer than expected, the staff were very friendly , free wifi.

• Queen Room

Looked like a murder scene. Carpets dirty and not vacuumed. Old TV had 2 remotes and both of them did not work. Water leaked in shower all night in the morning water was cold and came out red. Smelled bad, no Kleenex, no spindle for toilet paper. I was not paying for a motel 6 and got worse

• Queen Room

Overall appearance of facility. Travelled with young child and did not feel like hotel was in good neighborhood. Room located off dirty hallway - rooms under renovation? Will not return. A fair price might have been around $70.00 not $200.00 (with tax).

Staff

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Queen Room

Rooms needs to be cleaned better and electrical outlets kept going out. Had to switch rooms from a one queen to a room with two full size beds first room bed was dirty. Beds were very uncomfortable. The tub were not the best.

• Queen Room

Half of the outlets were broken, blankets were thin, and they didn't have any spare blankets or pillows, they deactivated my key the second night, and a lot of suspicious individuals walking by the room at night.

Wifi was easy to access

• Queen Room

No wifi! It was not all that terrible to disconnect and just enjoy the vicinity anyway.

Excellent hotel with few frills other than solid basics, and a great range of cheap restaurants in the vicinity, just a few minutes from Monterey on Del Monte Ave.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Queen Room

This was one of the worst places I've ever attempted to stay at! No WiFi. Room was super dirty! Dirty clothes were left in the room. It smelled really bad! And the staff was totally clueless about it all, like they didn't even care. I just paid the fee to get out of that room. Never go here ever!

Absolutely nothing!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Queen Room

Close to location where I was setting up quiet staff was friendly close to restaurant The hotel manager was very good about telling me good places to eat his recommendation was very good

It was Close to location where I was setting up quiet staff was friendly close to restaurant

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Queen Room

The pool water was very dirty. The drapes were hanging off the hooks of the traverse rod that I had to use my hand to pull them close. The mattress was so uncomfortable. The lamp shades had blood stains so they appeared to be and the carpet had gum stains everywhere.

The front office clerk was friendly

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

soda machine didn't have cold sodas,ice machine didn't work,the card to enter the room didn't want to unlock the door.

Bed was super comfortable

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

This place was disgusting the water didn't even work the people around it was it was scary and sketchy The room that I booked it smell like weed in side.ps it's even discussing to stay five minutes there

There's nothing to like about this place!!!! Don't even book here

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Queen Room

Bad smell. Although there was a sign stating no smoking in the room it Smelled of smoke and dirty floor among other things I couldn't describe. The large gaps underneath the doors was not helpful for actually sleeping. People coming and going at alll hours of the night slamming their doors. I could also hear the neighbor snoring. Wow! Plenty of noise in the morning due to location right on the other side of the mile long dealerships...

Nice paint on walls and the bathroom remodel was nice. Spacious room. Pillows were comfy, thankfully.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Queen Room

We came to a damp carpet with red satin on it. Thin, very thin blankets in a 40 degree cold nights. It was very cold and unpleasant.It does not deserve to be on your website. coming with an athlete that need a good night sleep before the race did not happend. I got a cold the day after.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Whats not to like?

Everything is fantastic! Its like a dream! Its your best service with the best staff so very profesinol and friendly couldnt ask for more, but im sure they would think of something else to upgrade your stay . Thanks magic carpet .!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Same above

Room was clean, but mattress and window Coutains, very poor quality Floors upstairs very poor too. Very Noisy in the Morning at very early time.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Queen Room

Staff knocked on the door 9am several time. Check out time was 11am. Last time garbage was left in room (smelly dippers). Remote did not work, lamp outlets, bath faucets were broken. I could here full conversations from the vent up and down stairs rooms. The air vents were filthy with dust and dirt. Vending machines were empty. Women fighting out side verbally for half hour and staff or manager did nothing about it. When reported to office they acted like they did not understand. Did not ever try to refund or try to fix it.

Balcony to the pool

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

I couldnt get the patio door to lock and even though I was on third floor a lady managed to climb on to my balcony and started to enter my room between 11:30 pm and midnight. When I asked who is it she left and climbed over and down from balcony. Scared me to death and I couldnt sleep rest of the night and front desk didnt seem to beleive me.

There was a coffee maker and the bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Queen Room

Let me count: carpet ripped out from hallways - bare cement; poor maintenance - rusted staircase and peeling paint; Broken elevator; pool closed permanently for maintenance; stains on carpet; no hot water- only warm; no HBO or other premium tv channels, though advertised as available; no breakfast though advertised as free breakfast on their fliers.

NOTHING

Cleanliness of the room was not up to the standard. I found some diapers in the bin under the sink in the bathroom, which indicated low cleanliness standard. Last, I made the booking through booking.com thinking I was in for a big deal. The staff must have upped the price to nearly 300 USD on the website and offered a discounted price by 77%. In my opinion this was not a sincere deal, and I feel as if I fell for it, but some fellow travelers reading this may decide to check the details of this facility prior to making the booking.

Staff was efficient, welcomed us, offered the keys and processed the payment.

• Deluxe Double Room

Check in time is to late. Walls we extremely think. I could hear everything from rooms next door.

Free wifi

No continental breakfast

The room was big and the bed was very comfortable. Room was also stylish

Well maintained.

Friendly staff, clean room.confortable bed

• Queen Room

Made me feel comfterable.

The Manager Was Rude And did not accommodate anything I had asked

That I was able to have peace and quiet