Reviews of Best Western Magnolia Inn and Suites 2 stars

747 Treeland Drive, Ladson, SC 29456, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Ladson

Lovely place to stay, awesome front desk staff!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The indoor/outdoor pool was freezing even with great weather.

Food was exactly as described, a little over cooked and unflavored but filling. Waffles are great! The Waffles also have a cute BW symbol in the middle of them.

Was ok for a short stay, would not stay there again.

Rooms were out dated. Bathroom especially showed wear and tear. Had noise disturbances multiple times. Linens were scratchy and not very comfortable.

Staff was very nice. Location was convenient.

Need better staff
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the staff nor the Check in process. The staff was rude and lazy. I was driving from Indidna and they called me while I was on the road hours before Check in wanting a card on file to authorize the amount of my entire stay BEFORE I EVEN CHECKED IN. I’ve never had to pay for my entire stay before I even checked in before ever at any hotel I’ve stayed at. I’ll never stay here again.

The hotel was clean

Not the best

See above

I felt my entire experience was sub par from my usual BW experiences. I have stayed before this location, same experience. I chose again because everything / everyone has an off day. This location seems to have a pattern. Not usual quality I expect.

The location was ideal.

I have no complaints.

The location was ideal. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast menu was well supplied. The staff was very friendly and cordial, and offered suggestions on future bookings, due to the fact, that I booked through a booking agency, and the AAA, showed not available, upon arrival to the hotel, there was a sign, showing that I could have gotten a AAA discount on my room. Therefore, as informed by the Desk Representative, I will be calling the hotel directly.

very nice hotel near interstate when we need a hotel we always drop in :-)
    • King Room - Non Smoking

shower curtains could of been a litter long....

breakfast choices was good and not the same every morning , bed nice and big , rooms clean , plenty on space for my husband and I ...

Very relaxing.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Everybody was very friendly and the lady at the front desk was great. Having to go there because of storm and very stressed. Staff was awesome and I was able to relax and actually enjoy my stay. Would recommend to anyone. Room was very clean and very nice. Was by far the best deal in town.

we will always stay at this hotel! convienant to evertything and the staff is awesome!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

we have stayed there on two occasions and we love the hotel and the staff! the breakfast is great and the rooms are spotless! that's the only place we will stay !

Wonderful experience
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was right off the interstate which was great.

It was very clean and the bed had a great mattress. Therefore I slept great the entire time I was there. The breakfast was great too.

Nice place to stay.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn't care for was the swimming pool. There was no place to sit in the sun.

I enjoyed the room...was clean and I felt safe. The lady at the front desk was so nice and helpful.

pleasant
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There wasn't enough direct sun light in the pool area. There were a lot of lamps although each only provided minimal lighting.

The smell, furniture & space. The drawers were large enough. The bed was very comfortable. It was awesome how the flat screen tv was mounted on the was and movable for viewing in bed or on the couch.

Really really disappointed. When I made the reservations it would not let me check in for that nite
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room smelt musty like water damage and I have asthma and allergies and I immediately had an asthma attack. I was suppose to have the room from 4:00am to the next night not at 11:00am. The reason I was there was bc I had some things go wrong with my property with water and flooding so that's why I couldn't stay n my own home so I came and paid and still had to anyway.

I really did not like anything at all.

Very good. We have not received bonus promotion gift cards for each night we stayed
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Driveway entrance and exit both very dangerous!! Entrance too close to main highway with no separate lane to enter Very difficult to see traffic approaching the riight when exiting

Everything OK. LIZZIE at front desk was FANTASTIC every day

Great breakfast, clean, nice staff.
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The people staying there weren't as appreciative. (We understand that it's not the hotels fault)

Staff was very nice. Cleanliness of rooms was superb.

Pretty Good Lodging!!

The parking was my only discomfort. There is not enough parking near the entry.

The room was clean and comfy. We really appreciated the tasty "free" breakfast. The choices of food items is great!!

VERY enjoyable!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking was a little tricky when we returned to the hotel late at night - it was sometimes hard to find a spot - but that's just about the only issue we had.

My hubby Dana & I traveled to Charleston from Kansas for our grandson's high school graduation, and we chose this hotel due to its close proximity to our family's house. Lizzy was at the front desk and she greeted us very warmly; before we even got into our room, we felt right at home. She made us feel like we were HER family staying at HER house. What a pleasant surprise! Our room was perfect - exactly as we had hoped. The bed was fluffy & comfortable, and the shower had plenty of pressure and hot water. We didn't make use of the pool or exercise room, but they looked nice. The breakfast bar was tasty and had several different things to choose from each day. There was a pay washer & dryer available, but it was being used by another guest the one time we were going to use it. The staff was very polite and accommodating in every way possible; our in-room coffeepot was missing the little 'cup' for the filter and they replaced it very quickly. I liked how trees surrounded the property and made it feel secluded, even though it's very close to a couple of busy streets. The entire hotel was clean and inviting, and we'd definitely stay at this property again on our next trip to Charleston. Thanks!

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The housekeeper that cleaned our room after the first night fixed little things w/o being asked. ie the toilet seat was loose and it was fixed

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Nice place, parking is limited, don't count on the Business Center.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

I needed to use the "business center", I was given access however there was no paper in the printer, both keyboards were very old and have broken legs. I had to go to the front desk several times with issues and need of paper. I got roughly 6 pc at a time. The second shift gal said she'd put in a note as others have had issues trying to print tickets etc.

My husband loved the breakfast. I liked the waffles, however they were out of regular syrup for two days. There was never more than three yogurts in the mini frig. we saw that the pastry cabinet was the same items day to day, just set in the back. Questionable.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Awesome place to stay!
    • King Room - Non Smoking

There wasn't much of a view from our window but honestly that was ok, wasn't in the room long enough to sit and look out the window anyway.

The room was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was prepared and ready right on time. Variety of items on breakfast bar. Kimberly was on duty the day we was to arrive and we had to call to confirm we was still coming because we got stuck in road work traffic. She was very nice and understanding and when we finally made it she said she was so glad we made it safely. Kat the morning clerk was very friendly and made sure we had a great breakfast to start our day.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Not perfect, but good value for the price.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Dark atmosphere. Bathroom tile and grout not well done. Dirty looking. Wi-fi kept cutting out.

New carpet. Comfortable bed. Overall clean. Staff friendly.

Great stay ay Magnolia Inn.

No negative comments.

Was very pleased with with accommodations and the breakfast buffert. No negativeniWas very convenient. The hotel staff was extremely helpful. Woild stay there again. Price was very reasonable.

Great experence at Best Western

I liked everything

Bed very confortable room very clean. Always stay at best western. Everyone so sweet. Really enjoyed my stay will stay again in may.

Wonderful Overnight
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The barrier of trees between the highway and the hotel. Though busy around the hotel you did not hear road noise at night. The room was newly decorated and was beautifully done. Breakfast in the morning was hot and plentiful.

Very nice basic hotel room.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Property itself was attractive but immediate surroundings were a little weedy and unkempt. I'm not sure how much control best western had over that if any.

Clean,quick check in, helpful staff, good breakfast. Went to a wedding same weekend as cooper river run and got a much better price on the room than other hotels.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Did not get what I was shown
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Booked a room with a hot tub, did not get a hot tub, but got a handicap room with no hot tub. Booking.com showed a hot tub and a nice room than I received.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Very rude
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I go to bed early cause I get up early. The manager wakes me up at 11pm to tell me that she smells smoke coming from my room and I don't smoke!!!!

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Great Stay, Great cost!

EVERYTHING was great!!

The staff was nice, room was clean the heater worked great! We will be returning in a couple of weeks again for business. Breakfast was awesome, Great variety!!! Thanks too ALL!!

Great family visit

No complaints

Breakfast was a great way to start the day and both hot and cold items were available. The room and bed were so comfortable. Location is right off the interstate. Staff are super friendly and the lady working the kitchen needs to be thanked for such a great job.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Another Nice Visit
    • King Room - Non Smoking

There were tiles missing in the bathroom floor along the tub, seemed to have had some work done on it that stopped. I probably would have been tempted to not rent the room until it was completed. The staff only placed three sets of towels in the bathroom, I really appreciate when there are two sets for a two day stay. The curtains were missing one of the wands for opening them. The shower water pressure was marginal at best.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The room was well appointed.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

not a good experience

bed was a hard as a cinder block, no shampoo or soap in room, curtains was torn, mirror in bathroom was very dirty. found someones dirty socks left in the room. the breakfast lady was extremely rude. would not ever stay again and will recommend everyone i know to not stay here.

the tv was very nice.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Excellent facility all around. Highly recommend.

This hotel has some of the friendliest staff. Always greeted upon arrival, mornings and evening. Breakfast was good and quick. I have stayed here before and will continue to do so when in the area.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Okydokies stay
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The wifi was very weak, also very thin ceiling so could hear ppl above us, the bed a little tall for my wife, so hard to get in the bed, the parking lot is poorly designed so was hard getting out at times at the entrance for its steep incline to the road

Room was clean, great water pressure in the shower

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Best Getaway Ive Found!
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

because i only stay in Jacuzzi suite ( injury and i cant get in and out of a regular tub), it gets expensive to treat myself at times. But still worth it!

All the staff is amazing here!! they make me feel like I am home every time i enter that lobby! The Pool is heated!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Not Best Western. Maybe Middling Western.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Well, normally you get housekeeping. We returned from a day out and the room hadn't been touched. A $15 reduction for one night isn't much compensation. Roomwise, My wife, was much less happy than me. We asked for a handicapped room which meant a roll in shower. Great. She noted, however, the shower had no shelves on which to put soap and shampoo, etc. She also found that the seat was slippery. For handicapped this is an issue. Her other large complaint was that in this handicapped room the bed was VERY high. We carry steps with us to enable her to get into bed but she was still unable to do so on this one without me helping her.

I found the bed/room comfortable and the breakfast very good. Front desk was friendly and helpful.

Best Place To Pamper & Recharge
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The only thing wrong with this hotel is that I couldn't afford to stay an extra night :)

The lady at Check-in, Twana, was so friendly! She made me feel like i was at home. The bed was so comfortable, everything was super clean and the Hotel was very quiet even though it was packed.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Convenient to travelers.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The facility is new, front desk staff cheerful cleanliness in the lobby entrance whole ways room is excellent, the bed is comfortable, air condition heating is very good, free parking safety.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Convenient location
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

My room which was on the first floor did not have opaque blinds or curtains.

Conveniently located off the highway. Inclusion of breakfast is a big plus!

First visit to South Carolina...
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The only thing I disliked bout our stay was having to take a left turn out the parking lot, a little dangerous. That's it!!!

The location was fantastic..convenience to all popular venues. Room very comfy, felt like home. Breakfast delicious.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The staff are really good and the breakfast was also good!

The room at first when we entered smelled like someone's been smoking! I felt like I had a sore throat the following day! But overall rating was good!!!

The staff are really good and the breakfast was also good! 😊

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Price was just right!!

Kids enjoy their stay, but got locked in the pool because a key was needed to get out!

Rooms were very clean and comfortable.Breakfast was very hot and delicious.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Weekend getaway in the Charleston area

The location of this hotel is ideal for traveling to charleston and the surrounding area. No problem with road noise even though it is directly of sc 26.

nice and quiet- liked it

can't think of anything

Shelton at check in was very nice and courteous-

The staff and location.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The small square pillows.

The staff and location.

Frank's Ordination in Charleston

Parking after 9 pm Not enough handicap parking spaces Not enough large towels

Closeness to elevator Bed very comfortable Outlets in room

Quiet
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Needs more lighting outside.

Quiet

Location and check-in was fast

Room had a smell but otherwise clean and comfortable.

Location and check-in was fast

Very nice and every bit of what i was looking for
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My air condition did not get cold. That was the only thing

The staff and the way you all enforce your no smoking policy

Best western motel will always be a favorite place for me to stay, when off the road from truck driv
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Thanks for making me feel like family and welcomed at anytime I stay at this location

Perfect bed

Perfect bed

Noisy
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Outside doors were banging all night long!

It was a great stay! Good Sleep, and great location.

More breakfast variety

The price, location, the cleanliness of the room, and the quietness of the area.

Nice but uncomfortable bef

Having to give 100.00 deposit on the on top of the price

I was more than satisfied.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not encounter any shortcomings.

Breakfast was very good for me. Internet service in room. Business room very nice. Location

Enjoyed My Stay
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The walls could be a little more insulated.

The staff was very nice. It was a good location for the reason of my stay.

The location was close to Charleston and is a good value.

The bathroom wasn't clean and there was hair i different places in the room.

The location was close to Charleston and is a good value.

The property was very clean and well put together.

The property was very clean and well put together. The staff were very approachable and friendly.

bed was comfy room was clean
    • King Room - Non Smoking

better breakfast, more fruit selection- melons, pineapple, mandarins etc..

bed was comfy room was clean

It was okay
    • King Room - Non Smoking

We did not have enough hot water to shower and there was a lot of noise on our floor which made it hard to relax.

I liked the lay out of the room

Good

Clean pillow cases

Very happy with bedding and quietness.

Very happy with bedding and quietness.

Breakfast was free.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was free. Good thing, not worth more than a buck.

Checking in was quick.

Checking in was quick. Staff is friendly.

beds were nice the staff was off the chain

I but in for an indoor pool and this was an indoor out door pool making it not working in the winter!!!!

beds were nice the staff was off the chain

The room was really nice

The room was really nice

Keep up the good work..
    • King Room - Non Smoking

It wasn't nothing I didn't like

The welcome,smile and everything else that goes with the value of your coworkers

ok for money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing special about the breakfast

Bed was comfortable.

I was Great!!!!

not good

not a thing

they had bugs

Breakfast was good--hot, clean surroundings.

Breakfast was good--hot, clean surroundings.

Great customer service
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Over-all review: our stay was good!

No EXHAUST FAN IN THE RESTROOM...... only a vent! No coasters. Toiletries not enough.

Breakfast was superb! AC was great.

It was okay
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Out of 3 days the maid didn't come to my room once, I threw out my own garbage, got my own towels and made my own bed.

The room was clean

The hotel was very nice , the staff member that checked me in was very friendly
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Everything was great even the staff

The bed was big and comfortable didn't wake up for breakfast

Great place to stay at a super price!
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff are very friendly. Breakfast was exceptional.

Pool was in a strange location - was it put under an eave...
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Pool was in a strange location - was it put under an eave because it rains a lot in Ladson?