Reviews of Best Western McCarran Inn 3 stars

4970 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89119, USA

#121 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

We had a trailer and weren’t sure where to park. Would’ve been nice to have a larger parking area but it worked out and we parked on street behind hotel.

Super friendly staff. Breakfast was more than I expected. Close to amenities. Great stay.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The thing that I didn't like was it was the incorrect room I reserved a 2 Queens and a sofa bed and I got a one king and a sofa bed

I like the hotel it was nice and clean

Free wi fi was good at the beginning of holiday, then was terrible for last 2 days.

Free shuttle to & from airport was great. Rooms very clean, bed comfortable. Good breakfast choice. Front desk staff very helpful & friendly.

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CONVENIENT IF SHUTTLE RAN AFTER 11 PM. I'M GLAD I DIDN'T HAVE A CAR TO PARK...LOT LOOKED COMPLETELY FULL!

COMFORTABLE BED, CLOSE TO AIRPORT, CHECK OUT IS NOON!

Pool closes at 10pm. Maybe that's the policy in all hotels, I don't know. But we were hoping to use the hot tub after our long flight but couldn't ;( our room cost was over 200usd, which is a lot for airport hotel. Maybe the reason is Saturday and vegas. 150usd would be more reasonable. Overall still a good stay.

Good breakfast, close to the airport but not noisy. There is free shuttle but only until 11pm, unfortunately we couldn't use it because arrived later.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll in Shower

We were told on arrival they were fully booked. Months earlier we had requested a quiet room on a top floor but for some reason we were given an unrequested easy access room on the ground floor. This room was adjacent to the exit door to the car park and had its window overlooking the pool! It was badly lit, tired, gloomy and with very basic decor and furnishings. My travelling partner has a gluten intolerance and was pleased to see a sign on the breakfast bar indicating that gluten-free options were available. However, when requesting some gluten-free bread from a breakfast staff member was abruptly told “we’ve got the sign but we’ve not got the bread!” She didn’t even have to check availability as this was obviously the norm. No apology and no offer of help. I had to point out that the cabinet which housed normal bread, bagels etc. had some items that were covered in green mould! Not the best start to a holiday. We shall certainly never return to this hotel.

Friendly front desk staff. Comfortable bed. Close to airport made it an easy layover between travel connections.

The shuttle to/from the airport stops running at 11 pm so if you have a late flight you have to take a cab even though you might chosen this hotel because you wanted the shuttle service.

The hotel was pretty close to the airport and you could see a part of the Vegas Strip from the window. I just spent the night there but the hotel turned out to be better than what I was expecting with nice amenities.

The pillows were extremely awkward to sleep with. They were very stiff and were overly large.

This hotel was close to the airport and a gas station for filling up my rental car. The staff were very kind, efficient, and professional. Check in was very quick. Wifi was incredibly good. Breakfast had lots of options and was very filling. My room was clean, comfortable, and adequate for my needs during my short stay. I felt safe in my hotel.

The fridge didn’t work. The tv didn’t work until we got a hotel attendant to make it work. The pillows were terrible BUT it was close to where we needed to be.

Breakfast was very good. Staff were nice

Shuttle bus service is not good (u need to say before your departure, just wait in front of the door doesn’t help), breakfast is poor without choices, it’s really noisy because of the too close location to airport (airplanes are flying very frequently and u can hear all of it day and night)

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Good value or the money. Staff were wonderful and breakfast was great. Facility is average but for the price this was expected. Handy to the airport.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Great location if you need to be close to the airport. They also allow guests long term parking at the hotel for a small daily fee and a free shuttle to and from the airport.

There were a sour smell in the hallway on 3. Floor.

Nice clean room. Nice staff and a good breakfast buffet. WiFi was very good. The location is walking distance from the Las Vegas strip.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Noisy - people in the halls, trucks backing up, kitchen staff, airplanes. I knew it was a bad sign when there were complimentary ear plugs on the nightstand.

Convenient.

The cutoff time for breakfast. I was there 5 minutes before breakfast close at 8 am ( which is actually quite early) and most of the food had been taken away. Total disregard for my wants , staff simply doing their job despite the fact that I had paid and expected breakfast.

Location close to airport and free pickup to hotel

We generally thought every thing was great. P

We thought Gina at the front desk was great. The tv in the room didn’t work and she took care of it right away. The woman who picked us up at the airport and set up breakfast was also very nice.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We had the room next to the elevator and directly above the lobby. Every time the sliding doors opened in the lobby, it felt and sounded like thunder. The elevator was annoying, but we got used to that. We tried to use the pool and it was freezing, despite it being a “heated” pool and there was trash floating in the pool and a disgusting film of floating debris. There were 2 ladies helping with breakfast. The younger one was very polite and courteous. The older one was plain rude. Scolding my kids for not putting their plate close enough when dishing themselves eggs. Opening the waffle maker forcefully for my husband before it was done because she “knows” when they’re done. When one of my children asked where the bathroom is she responded “in your room” and walked away. So rude.

The room was large and recently remodeled. The front desk help was very courteous and helpful.

NOTHING

Excellent stay! We spent three nights in Vegas and had a good time! The weather could have cooperated more! It was way too cold to suit us! We had a chance to see the strip and down town as well as take in a show.

Breakfast was horrible.paper plates and plastic cutlery.Lady who was working there was very rude for guests.Scrambled egg cold and horrible sausages.Disaster.Very noisy AC in the room.

Clean room.only good for 1 Night!!!!

Internet could have been better. Room should have an option to open window to let fresh air in. Not many vegan options for the breakfast.

Excellent Staff! Very helpful, cheerful, friendly. Location was awesome, and the best part, NO CASINO in the property. Rates were great as well.

No local restaurants closeby.

Great staff especially Ricardo the shuttle bus driver. Close to the airport but aircraft noise not to intrusive. Good breakfast.

Nothing really. Missed cup of tea first night as only coffee in room got extra tea bags at breakfast.

The hotel has a shuttle bus to and from the airport. The staff were very friendly and help full receptionist extended my check out time to 2pm free of charge as friend was not arriving at hotel until 4pm. Hard Rock Cafe Casino within walking distance as is German restaurant.

I couldn't find the stairs and so had to use the elevator when I would have preferred walking.

The room was quiet, at least from the noise next door. I could hear the planes landing and taking off but it wasn't too loud. They didn't keep me up!

Eating is a bit of an issue as there are no restaurants in the immediate area. However there are many options near the UNLV campus just around the corner and down about a mile.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, even helping us with trouble we were having with our boarding passes. The room was clean and comfortable, and the shower was most welcome. We also were grateful for the timely shuttle to and from the airport, even at 5AM.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Lacked any atmosphere but the black lady staff member/server at breakfast was positively rude and unhelpful. Stairs were difficult to locate. Breakfast inadequate and had to ask for the most basic provisions such as butter. One poor child was refused a drink of juice because it was soon due to close. Equipment broken.

It was practical, served a purpose and reception lady was helpful.

I didn't like the one way street in front of the motel but wasn't a big deal.

The surroundings around the motel was very clean and not any trash in the parking lot.

The beds were EXTREMELY uncomfortable. It didn't seem like there was any sound proofing in the rooms, we could hear everything in the hall and rooms next door.

The Breakfast Attendant was the best part of the whole stay, she was cheery, smiling, helpful to everyone.

They charged extra 5 dollars from my credit card (even without telling me) No Toothpaste Provided No Drinking Water provided No good pillow provided

The hotel was undergoing rennovations, but that was it.

The staff was awesome! They helped us with transportation for the whole group (it was a party of 10) and they were super friendly and helpful.

Custodians like to hang out in the hallway and chat quite loud. Breakfast is a little too simple even for an Inn. Parking is packed because they sell parking for airport travelers as well.

Staff is friendly. Room is clean. Good value for the price. Location is okay, a little far for walking to the strip but not too bad.

The property was under construction, so the staircases weren't available. I'm sure it will be beautiful when finished.

The staff were beyond friendly and helpful. They helped us return our rental car and get back to the hotel, and directed us to dinner. We stayed on Christmas Eve, and there was no indication they were missing time with their families while at work.

Airport shuttle only offered until 10pm but the point of an airport hotel is the proximity and easy access to the airport.

The staff was efficient and friendly. The airport shuttle service on departure worked well.

If I could give zero stars I would. As soon as I had my bags I called the shuttle to come pick me & my granddaughter up from the Airport. We waited for over an HOUR for them to come get us. When they picked us up, the shuttle driver didn’t offer to help us with our luggage. I’m disabled and my granddaughter had to get them herself. I’ve never ever had that happen to me in the 50 years I’ve been traveling!

The room was great. It was clean and comfortable and well worth the value.

See above

Early flight so didn't have breakfast. Room was cold even with heater at 80. Wind leaking in around windows made room chilly. Airplane noise was awful!

Older attendant at breakfast extremely rude. Construction dust a bit of a put off.

Airport shuttle convenient. Front desk Checkin friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

We weren't told in advance that it was being remodeled, and how sketchy the area around it is.

How close it was to the airport, and Thomas and Mack arena.

Hotel under construction. Awful breakfast. Airport shuttle guy very nice and friendly. All in all: best to avoid this hotel unless you don't care the poor facilities and ongoing construction.

The bed was TERRIBLE! Mattress sagged, and the pillows were all one size. They were okay for my husband, but were too high for me. The pillows coupled with the sagging mattress made for an uncomfortable and sleepless night.

Easy to get to. Nice room. Good breakfast.

The doors slam. Especially at 3 or 4 in the morning... that’s was horrible. Floors above are noisy and people coming in make a real noise... we didn’t sleep well at all...

• King Room with Roll In Shower-Disabilty Access

When we arrived we could not find a parking spot.. We were told that they were all taken by park and fly customers. This is an old hotel. Lobby is under construction. The rooms are small. We have stayed in much nicer best westerns on our trip.

Under renovations (which was not so bad. No noise, just ugly asthetics). However, I checked out of my room before I had their breakfast. Discovered afterwards when I needed the restroom, the ground level ones were all out of order. I had to get my keycard back and use the one in my room

Staff were lovely, rooms were comfortable. Provided free earplugs -- I assume for airplane noise, but I did not hear any. So close to the airport, so the shuttle was very convenient

Renovations in lobby. Smelled of sigarette smoke upon arrival as construction people were smoking. Chaos for breakfast with busload of Chinese tourists crowding a tiny temporary breakfast bar.

Staff were accommodating, close proximity to gas station, airport, and downtown.

Airport shuttle was not running late at night (11pm) so needed to take a taxi. Disappointing as shuttle was one ain criteria to book hotel and stay off-Strip.

Very good value for money if you are staying overnight and in between flights. The price included the hotel shuttle which was a bonus. The drivers both ways were exceptionally cheerful and helpful as were the receptionists and the breakfast ladies. The breakfast was a self service buffet and again included in the price. The hotel location is not on the Strip.

Basic accommodation, quite dated

Cheap accommodation near the airport, free park was good but it wasn’t easy to get to the strip (needed to order a taxi)

This hotel charged the room fare one week before my arrival.... What if I had cancelled the reservation ??? Found one long black hair on the pillow of the bed.... Obviously I took a pic

It felt to be a pretty low quality hotel that offered the convenience of being close to the airport. Though, everything on the strip is pretty close to the airport and maybe not worth it if you're interested in having a drink at a bar or eating something more than room service.

There is a free airport shuttle; finding where to pick up the airport shuttle was a little confusing; I had to keep the hotel staff on the phone with me while they told me where to go. The breakfast wasn't too bad, there were scrambled eggs available. The rooms were pretty quiet and comfortable.

Quite loud because of the street and the airport. Better windows would help.

Very close to the airport. Airport shuttle. Good breakfast. The strip is easy to reach.

We had a king bedroom. The bed had a trough on each side that was very uncomfortable. Took a loooong time to cool down the room. We had the misfortune to be placed next to the ice machine and awakened at 5:20 am with guests filling coolers.

This is our third stay at this property. We like the location and breakfast.

Stay here often when flying in it out of Las Vegas. Much quieter away from strip and lots of food opportunities about a 1/2 mile away. Nice breakfast provided. Shuttle to and from airport makes travel easy

Best Western brand have a consistently very high standard. I can't put my finger on it, possibly the room itself was not quite the usual very high standard thus a 4 instead of 5.

Friendliness of the staff.

The bathroom was tiny for 4 girls getting ready. There was curtain near the bathroom door that had a hook that stuck so far out. Two of us ended up with bruises on our arms.

Waffles were out of this world!!

Should have been more affordable. About $75.00 a night when compared to other hotels in the area. But I guess its proximity to the airport, courtesy shuttle and free breakfast accounts for the difference.

The breakfast was great and the service level on spot. The front office staff was also very good and the courtesy bus shuttle driver warm and welcoming for so late at night.

more parking

3 people and each bed was great. Needed to make an adjustment to our room at check in. No fuss and no problems. Staff quietly and politely made adjustments. We will stay again.

Close to the airport with shuttle service starting from 5 in the morning! Good location with roads in every direction! Helpful staff even with the "no disturb" sign on your knob you got a phone call if you need something!

I little noisy when other people go into their room, slamming doors. Other than that we had a good experience

Comfy bed and pillows. Newly remodeled room

airplanes constantly fly over this hotel.

Conveniently located with very short distance to Las Vegas Blvd, to Airport, to major highways. The staff at front desk are very fridendly and helpful. A girl who is working in breakfast room is such a happy girl, greeting everyone in the morning. She worked very hard, to keep the breakfast area clean.

The people there are very nice, Ricky, Letha, Denise and the lady who helped me to change money and the shuttle driver . Everything there is very nice. I will definitely live there next year.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll in Shower

The facility could do much more to recycle. There is a lot of waste in the food processing department and trash created when much of it could be recycled.

The people providing the breakfast were hard working and courteous and friendly.

Air traffic is loud, as expected with an airport hotel. They did provide earplugs in the room.

Very friendly and helpful staff Airport shuttle service was excellent

Only a suggestion not a dislike. You need to have a bigger seating area for breakfast. People were sitting in reception area.

What makes your stay enjoyable is the awesome staff. You are very lucky as your staff are amazing. Always smiling, helpful, professional in all their deals, go out of their way to get you what you need i.e. washing liquid, and just genuine great people. You need to take care of these wonderful people these qualities are few and far between these days. Hotel was close to everything, had everything we needed, breakfast was plentiful and yum. Thank you for our lovely stay☺

Shower ok but not the best. I tried ringing hotel for free shuttle from airport, but phone recorded message only so couldn't arrange pick up. Taxi was only 16 dollars (and more convenient as didn't have to wait) so that was ok. Shuttle back to airport was fine

Efficient staff, great breakfast with super friendly staff, very comfortable twin queen beds . Very quiet room through the night (we slept 9pm till 5.30, when we had to be up. Did notice, though, that aircraft noise could be a problem from 5.39 onwards,

Great service and very clean rooms. We stayed there on our way back from a trip to the Grand Canyon and did not want to stay in a casino hotel - this was a great choice.

Air con was quite loud, breakfast was average at best, a distinct musty smell in the corridors.

Bed was very comfortable. It was clean. If you are staying over 1 night only the hotel was more than adequate and its location is very convenient for the airport. Staff were brilliant, very friendly and helpful.

The pillows were about 3x too thick for me and I had to use a rolled up sweatshirt to avoid neck issues.

The front desk staff were in a word, excellent.

There could be more room for seating at breakfast, seems the number of tables available is not enough to accommodate the guests there. Also, not to be picky but I was surprised when told there were no public restrooms on site. My lobby guest one morning was rather uncomfortable.

The staff at the front desk were kind and personable. The gentlemen who checked us in on arrival was most wonderful. Sorry, I did not get his name. The housekeeping staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs, especially Sandra, she personally cleaned our room after a morning meeting set the HK staff back some.

Stayed for two nights room was never cleaned. No black out binds. Housekeeping staff was rude. Was ignored then yelled at when asked a housekeeper where the ice machine was. Only one elevator for the whole hotel. Because the room was never cleaned we had no fresh towels luckily I was offered to "come and get them my self at the concierge desk".

The lack of directions to the motel. We had a hard time finding you because we did not have a working gps and the info at the rental company was non existant. A recommendation would be to have directions included in your confirmation e-mail. Just a thought, also, maybe brochures?? available at airport rental companies. It might also promote the Las Vegas location.

Excellent breakfast - much better than packaged oily donuts or muffins.

Planes over the hotel Very tight trying to get. Real fast Old hotel

It is old and tight in the rooms. Needs updating and. Breakfast was a very tight quarters!!! It seems as though it used to be a hallway and made to try to accommodate breakfast. Planes come in right over hotel so extremely loud!!! Ok for one night but no more.

Although we were booked and the motel knew our arrival, we had to wait over 30 minutes + 2 phone calls to get picked up. That was very bad. The next morning we had to wait in a line for 20 minutes for our breakfast. They know how many people are staying and do not change breakfast arrangements. Very slow waffles maschine, there must be at least 2 or 3. The airconditioning in our room was very very loud! (Hard to sleep with)

friendly personal. nice room. water available at the reception

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Difficult to navigate in rental car to the property. Sign in front is easy to miss and street has busy traffic. Also the pillows are too thick for comfort and there are no other options.

Room was fine and breakfast good. Close to airport but challenging to find in the dark.

Sometimes they only made one bed instead of two (we don't know why). The breakfast room is crowded at the weekends. The pool should be cleaned regularly.

Breakfast is ok, the pool is ok. You are minutes from the strip. The planes don`t disturb much because they never fly over the hotel.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Perfect Hotel for Arrival and Departure by plane. Exzellent Shuttleservice to and from Airport. Near to carrental Services. Nothing Special, but clean, easy and uncomplicated. Breakfest good enough to be prepared for an intercontinental Long Trip.

I was traveling with my elderly mom and she needed grab bars in the shower and there were none. Our room was small for having someone using a cane. Next time, we'll get a larger room.

We had a nice room with plenty of pillows, microwave and refrigerator.. The breakfast was very generous with eggs, ham, cereals, pancakes, fruit and more.

I have no complaints!

My entire experience was wonderful. Check in was fast and easy and Denise was so kind. She answered all my questions and even put my two year old son and I in a room on the first floor because we were taking a flight out first thing in the morning. It made my experience so much easier to check out with my son and got to the shuttle quickly. The gentleman who drove the shuttle was very kind and assisted me with my stroller and luggage. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again, if not every time I come to Vegas! Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable, AC was cold and the quality of provided toiletries was wonderful.

Browse Best Western McCarran Inn traveller photo gallery