Reviews of Best Western Plus Medical Center South 2 stars

4803 Manitou Drive, San Antonio, TX 78228, USA

#134 of 312 hotels in San Antonio

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great location, good price & awesome breakfast!! 👍🏼

I was in Room 437, and the sink drained really, really slowly.

I stay here whenever I’m in San Antonio, and love the location. It’s safe, not too far or near to Downtown, and you don’t have to deal with crazy traffic during peak hours. The hotel was decked out for Halloween and I loved it, they really went all out and it was amazing!! I always get good rooms when I’m here, this time, the room I was in didn’t have the bolsters (which I love), but it was really quiet and comfy. Breakfast here is awesome - fresh, great options, and the eggs and bacon are sooo good. Staff here are really polite, efficient and super-chill. The cleaning staff are also super-super nice - always making sure that I have enough towels, soaps, etc.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Awesome!

Everything was exceptional!! We had a small problem... Bedroom has a scent of "humid" but staff was on it immediately, helped us out, and problem fixed!! Great people working there!!! Nice, clean facilities!!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The staff was accommodating

First room bathroom was flooded secobd room carpet was damp and spongey first night people were loud and the second plumbing was horrible as well

The staff was accommodating

Comfortable!

It was the first day of fall , my kids of course wanted to swim. I was unprepared and did not pack floaties for my four year old. The security man seen how bad my little one wanted to jump in and swim. He searched all over the building for floats! Thank you for going above and beyond for my family and coming back to make sure he was enjoying himself !

One of the best places to stay at!

Loved everything, disliked nothing :)

Really had no complaints I love this place! This was my third time staying in the past 2 years and ive never had a bad experience. The beds were comfy and my kids loved having their own bed as well. The wifi worked great when I was streaming movies or playing online on my PS4. The breakfast was awesome as usual and since this was the first time my kids have stayed in this hotel they loved getting to make their own waffles. All in all I continue to give this place a solid 10 out of 10 stars due to the convenience of what it has around it and for the price being very reasonable. This was a very great choice to stay at for my sons 3rd birthday weekend :)

Wouldnt stay again. Misserable and bad service

The room is not spacious. Some lights didnt work in the room. Shower was old and poor water. 2nd days they didnt give us even hand towel. Very misserable. Wouldnt stay again. Breakfast was too slow. Insuficient.

Quietness.location.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great deal for the money. Location was fantastic. Hot breakfast was good as well.

The shower head in our room leaked so bad our first night that when we got up the next morning the bathroom had water everywhere. The tub didn't overflow but the sprinkle from the shower head was all over the toilet and floor. We used all the towels to try to dry the floor. Even though we asked for the room to be tidied and the bathroom cleaned when they knocked housekeeping did not clean the bathroom only removed and replaced the towels.

I liked the breakfast but the space to grab breakfast was cramped and small therefore it was always a traffic jam to get breakfast. The A/C worked beautifully in our room and that was a necessity in this heat. Location was quiet but close to 410 so very convenient to get around.

The location of the property is amazing!

The only thing that wasn’t 100% great was the shower we got... as soon as we would turn on the water the water would leak... so we had a soaking floor because of it. As soon as we told the gentleman about it he offered to change our room but we didn’t want to cause him the trouble so we ended up staying in the room we were at already. I also left some wireless earphones on top of the bed I was using and I am hoping housekeeping turns them in, if they do props to this hotel for having such wonderful and honest staff!!!

The location of the property is amazing! Everything was close by! The room was very clean and cozy. The beds were comfortable, the staff was great, and my experience was absolutely amazing. Would stay here once again 😄

Great room

It was a little awkward using the stairs. One set of stairs from our floor to 2nd floor then had to walk down the hall to another set to get to 1st floor.

Great value! We enjoyed the comfy bed and friendly staff.

This was a nice place to stay especially for the price.

If I had to choose something the only thing would be the water in the shower didn’t get hot enough

This was a nice place to stay especially for the price. We will stay here again

I would stay there again in spite of shortfalls.

The breakfast area and menu could use some improvement. Items like yogurt and fruit had limited quantities. Seating in the dining room was very limited.

The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. The rooms were very comfortable.

Too expensive for what was offered

The Size of the room did not match what was shown online. Limited breakfast choices and not a lot of tv channels to choose from

I liked the fact that It had a microwave and fridge. It also had menus to order food from outside.

Unhappy Costumer

I wasn't giving the right room then when checkout the manger was swearing at my husband and I am unhappy they need to do something about it I want a refund I'm disabled and was unhappy with everything and my room was filthy

Staff really nice and helpful.

The room was not very big, bulky furniture. I didn't like that the breakfast was only available until 930am. The breakfast dining room did not have enough tables and chairs to accommodate all guests.

Staff really nice and helpful. The bed and pillows were really soft and comfortable (didn't want to get up). Hot breakfast available with 2 friendly attendants in the breakfast area. Business center available out looking the pool. Hotel is conveniently located near Sams Club, Walmart, gas stations, restaurants and not too far from attractions like Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Sea World and Downtown.

Comfort

Just a little dusty but overall great

The breakfast and comfort were amazing. Plus it was a straight shot to the base. I didnt arrive til 3am and they were nice and everything

Decent Stay

Really awful ac, which is bad especially in the summer for San Antonio. The carpet was surprisingly dirty, not sure how or why.

Good size room and great location. Staff is also nice and facilities especially the wifi is great.

Sticky and lukewarm.

The room was humid no matter what we had the air on, we were sticky the whole 4 days we stayed...the water was cold, lukewarm at best. Had to take cold showers all weekend.

Not much that I did like...not staying here again. The Super 8 in my hometown was nice than this...

PLEASANT & ENJOYABLE!!!!

I have no complaints.

Friendly, Welcoming, Accommodating staff. Comfy beds, big television. Microwave & mini fridge in room. Location. Will be returning.

It was decent.

When we got back to our room the first night, my daughters toys that were in a plastic bag were missing. I am assuming they got thrown away, when we went down to the front desk, the girl was very rude and sarcastic. There really wasn’t any sense of urgency to help us. In the morning the same thing except this girl was nicer and stated we would just need to wait for the manager. After that incident our room was never clean as nice as the first time. Our bed was made half ass, our last night back the pillows were still on the floor. We ran into one of the ladies cleaning our room after the incident and she was very rude. We had to take the rest of her toys with us to make sure nothing else was taken or thrown away. We were offered a discount but needed to stay an extra night, and then were only offered half off the extra stay. The gentleman that helped me then wasn’t that helpful and wasn’t willing to do more for us. So we get stuck with missing the toys and a very upset toddler after this trip. That keeps asking where her mr and mrs potato head are.

It was decent. Nice room, clean. When we got in it was great! Gentlemen at the front was so nice made check in super easy, even suggested some places for us to eat and do. Very nice.

Terrible

This entire facility was a big disappointment. I will not recommend anyone yo stay here.

Nothing! It wasn't clean and noting in the hotel worked well.

SOME of the staff walking around looking like they smell...

SOME of the staff walking around looking like they smell poop. The majority of the staff here show that they love their job. But there are a handful that obviously have a racial preference.

A decent hotel at an affordable price

Air conditioner would not get cold enough. The shower faucet leaked the whole time. Beds seemed smaller than what a queen is.

The location was great, just a short drive to seaworld and the Alamo.

Love family trips vacation

Everything is great

Everything is great front desk is very helpful friendly breakfast area food is great swimming pool is great my wife and kids love the swimming pool they are the best hotel ever!!!

Okay

Hair in the bed, on the pillow and a dirty washcloth, towel left on the faucet in the bathtub. I had to get a housekeeper who was cleaning up the room across the hall come and get the dirty towels and

The room was nice and cozy!

Couldn’t ask for a better stay!

Nothing to add.

It conviently located in San Antonio. Everything was close. The staff members were extremely professional and helpful. I will be staying here again on my next visit!!

Terrible experience

Our booking was confirmed with booking.com. But Best Western turned us down and said our booking was cancelled. With children we had to wait and talk to booking.com for long time. Terrible check-in-experience.

Fair. Staff was accomidating, but amenities and location were lacking.

The rooms were small. There was no air conditioning in our first room. The breakfast looked decent, But the amount of people, in addition to the size of the area left us with no way to to get breakfast or anywhere to sit. I chose this hotel with our breakfast factored in to save money however we ended up having to get breakfast out every morning due to overcrowdedness.

The air conditioning did not work in our room. They immediately switched us to a new room. In that regard to service was great. They also were kind enough to let us check out a day early without any penalties.

The hotel breakfast is nasty. The rooms are too small it’s hot in there we could not get the room to cool off no matter what we put the AC unit on. They forgot to finish paying the bathroom walls it was hair all over the towels and we had to keep ordering towels because they were half washed.

Will not stay here again. Could not sleep.

The air conditioner in the room was so incredibly loud that neither of us could sleep. I cannot believe that they put us in the room with that air conditioner.

Could have been better.

The room was really small. We thought we left clothes in closet, but staff said they didn't find any clothes. The person we spoke with was not friendly when we called and requested them to check our room for the clothes. My daughter and her family was still at the hotel and was staying in a room across the hall, but they wouldn't let her check the room. All of this took place about 2 hours after we had checked out, so the room had not been rebooked. I feel that the staff could have been better accommodating to my daughter when she went to the front desk to check on the issue. We were there for my granddaughters Air Force graduation.

Beds were big and comfortable.

Room smelled a little damp at first. Juice at breakfast wasn’t that great. Not much fruit selection at breakfast.

Beds were big and comfortable. Ac worked great. Shower was hot. Everything was clean. Breakfast was pretty good, waffles were great.

Graduation Trip

There was a smell on our floor. There needs to be a better variety on snacks. For those that would like to go swimming there are no towels by the pool.

The staff was very friendly and the room was very comfortable. The pool is in a safe area. I like the option of a lounge area on every floor.

Comfy rooms, amazing staff, breakfast & prices!!

The check-out staff, lady with really short hair, was a little gruff and unfriendly, hmmmm.

I have stayed here before - and they are still doing an amazing job. The check-in staff, Deidra (I hope I got her name right?) was super, super amazing. She managed to get me a room ASAP, and we chatted quite a bit about Australia (my home), and she was very friendly, informative and professional. Rooms are great, I love how everything fits together, the side table, the armchair, and my fave bit of the room are the bolsters: they are super comfy, and great to hug while sleeping. The other highlight are the toiletries provided. The shampoo & conditioner smell AMAZING. One of the best I’ve had (based on the hotels I’ve stayed in); they smelt like a mixture of maple syrup, honey and almonds, and were so, so, so good. The housekeeping staff were really friendly, warm, and they run a great breakfast service; fresh, yummy and a great selection overall! 👍🏼😁

Great location be anywhere in 15 min or less in southwestern San Antonio

Air was not continuous, very hourly Needs more space to walk between dressers and beds

The staff was great. Very willing to make it right. Breakfast was minimal but excellent.

Beds super comfy and breakfast was veryy good with a...

Had to keep asking for towels as there where 4 of us and they only left set of 2 towels

Beds super comfy and breakfast was veryy good with a different meat and different option daily

Would stay there again

Odd that housekeeping area was between the lobby and the elevator. Created an obstacle in hallway with carts and housekeeping staff and people trying to get to and from their rooms.

Staff very pleasant. Room quite adequate.

great location near med center, good price, coffee good

ads for pizza and other takeout end up in our room slid under the door. this means random people from the outside are wandering the hotel --- not very comforting. ice machines in hallway are LOUD. i once had a room near it and couldn't sleep. i now request a room away from ice machine. (i've stayed at this hotel 3 times)

location is good for what I need. cost is reasonable breakfast I don't personally care for because it is refine carbs (cereal, waffles, potatoes, etc) but that is standard hotel breakfast nowadays. there's a mini fridge and microwave in the room which means I can do breakfast on my own. the coffee is reasonable -- and they have decaf which I appreciate. hot water is good -- bathroom is basic but good.

Unclean

The room was not clean enough. Their was stains on the bed spread and stains on the toilet. There was also hair left in the shower.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was decent and the pool was clean.

Spend the extra money and book a better hotel.

My toddler found a suspicious white pill on the floor of our room. Very small rooms. Whole place smelled liked mildew. Immediately got a refund and found a new hotel.

The check-in guy was nice.

Use if you literally only need a bed to sleep on.

The staff was a mess!! If check in is at 3pm that means you should be able to use everything in your room that you PAID for!! We were told multiple times that they had towels just come out of the dryer and they would be brought up shortly. 30+ min later we call to ask about them and they say “oh they didn’t bring them? We’ll send someone” another 30 min later we call again and they say “they’re in the dryer” How do we go from they just came out of the dryer and they’re ready to they’re back in the dryer an hr later!? I was tired of the run around so I was on my way to speak to a manager when they greet me in the hallway with towels, funny how they magically dried on the elevator I suppose. When we asked the staff why they lied and gave us the run around their response was “I don’t know”. How unprofessional and childish. When we eventually did get the towels they were stained and the bedding had stains as well. The AC didn’t work so for me that meant sleep was out of the question. Not worth the money.

Well there was a decent bed I guess.

They struck out with a faithful Best Western traveler. Not as faithful anymore.

We expected to pay more during the Final Four but when we had to cancel part of the reservation the staff was wholly unreasonable and extraordinarily front loaded the cost of the time we were there. On top of that, the room was extraordinarily small. You could not get between the bed and the desk/closet/front wall reasonably.

I would stay there again.

My room did not have curtains above the air conditioner allowing the bright lights of the car dealership across the street to show through the white sheer curtain right onto the bed. I could not sleep with the lights blasting in the room and onto the bed. I would not penalize the entire hotel for a lack of a curtain in one room, but I don't know how they couldn't have gotten other complaints about it.

Everything. The room was clean and updated, and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very nice and professional.

I booked here at 10:30 pm after a bad experience in another...

Excellent for the money !

I booked here at 10:30 pm after a bad experience in another hotel ... the staff and the services are excellent.. I will book again next time we travel to San Antonio

Amazing Stay and Amazing Service

This place has nothing to dislike! :)

This place is the "Real Deal." I have stayed two times and both were a great experience. The staff is extremely welcoming and provide top notch service. Always my go to place when I stay in San Antonio.

Could of been better

Room did jot get cleaned up we stayed 3 night and no clean towel. I had to go ask. Front desk assured me room would get cleaned after 2nd night but it was moot. 1st room a/c did not work had to wait for it to be repaired finally we got tired and asked for another one

Over all it was a good stay the price was a little high for a few more dollars we could of stayed in

A/C wouldn’t get cold enough and the front desk needed more help to take care of everyone in a proper time frame. Price was kind of high could of stayed elsewhere for less...

How close it was to what we had planned to do!

It was a okay stay

The manager of the building was very rude she called my phone told us we had to leave because she didn’t see our booking. I told her I paid for the room under two different names she hung up in my face. She yelled at my niece because she didn’t know who name the hotel was in. She was horrible

The room was nice An the janitors

I was not satisfied, the manager didn't address my situation. I was treated unfair as a customer.

clean rooms!!!

Eggs were great. The bed we're not clean, room we're not clean, bathroom we're not clean, towels we're not clean. Someone was smoking marijuana in their room, the smell was all-in the hallway.

I want to visit again.

There is not.

I liked breakfast. The staff is a little clumsy but very kind. Smiling beautiful man. This male employee is required to award a reward or pay. We checked in late at night   I was very kind, though. Thank you sincerely. Again, the hotel president should give this employee a big reward.

I would not recommend this hotel, until major changes are made.

We came to San Antonio because my 86 year old father- in Love was having surgery to have cancer removed. We use BW all of the time. This was the worst experience. I’ve never had a complaint before. Front desk staff and breakfast staff were rude and not helpful. The woman on the breakfast staff actually took my daughter’s waffle and slung it on to her plate right in her salsa. There was a threat by a customer to shoot everyone in the breakfast area, that was not handed at all, and a pool party that you could hear screaming from inside the 4th floor room over the tv. When we asked for help none was given. When we asked to change rooms, we were denied. It was a very scary and restless trip.

Resa, checked us in. She was great.

If ever I do go back to San Antonio, I'd definitely stay here again.

The dining chairs could sure use some new upholstery. Lots of stains and dirty.

Loved the sausage patties and hot chocolates during them cold mornings. Front desk staff were helpful, specially Stephanie.

I and my guests did not sleep all night due to excessive partying all night long outside and inside

not heated pool...No Hot Tub... Weight room too small ...Window in Room was not sealed Well...Noise from outside because of window ... Walls you can Hear everything through

Food was Good ... Beds were Comfy ... Bath Rooms had good Design....Location Was Good ...The Staff was very helpfull and efficiant and Friendly

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The rooms are small, and the housekeeper was rude. I guess vacuuming is not on the clean up list for the housekeepers. I stayed nine days at the hotel and my room was not vacuumed once. The hallways flooring is dirty too.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is in close to the airport.

I wouldn’t recommend it!

I asked for extra towels and didn’t get. I had to go get them myself Smell on the carpet Dust on phone, lamps No cart to carry my luggages. I asked but I didn’t get it Dirty blanket on my second day Long line waiting for waffles for breakfast. Two minutes for one waffle.

Close to the highway.

Loved the atmosphere and staff.

The room was very small for 4 people to move around in.

The staff was funny. The breakfast was execellent. Very friendly atmosphere. The pool looked very inviting, however, it was cold.

It would have been a reallt great time if the weather had cooperated.

Extend breakfast until 10:00 a.m., and 10:30 on weekends.

Breakfast was very good. Establishment was clean and parking plentiful. Slept well on comfortable bed.

Beds were comfortable, most staff was very polite and...

Maid service left our door open, we were gone all day from 6 in the morning until 9 at night so anyone could have been in and out of our room. Luckily nothing came up missing. Rooms had a little too much furniture so it's a very tight fit, definitely would be way to small for more than two people even though there are two queen beds per room

Beds were comfortable, most staff was very polite and helpful.

All was good except for the housekeeping.

We stayed three nights and on evening two we returned to an unmade bed, full trash cans. My husband had to request our room be refreshed the next day. Day three we returned and the bed was made, we asked for more coffee ( was not there), and only one trash can emptied. Our bed looked like it was made in haste. That was of concern as to how well the room was cleaned before our arrival. Good or the bare minimum????

The breakfast buffet was awesome!!! Had many choices and of course waffles. If you left hungry in the morning, it was your own fault. There was coffee in the lobby at all times. The coffee was delicious, also.

The unit was very clean.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Had a good guy at the front desk but at shift change the next guy was not. I asked for a couple bottles of water. He didn't know what a couple was. That may be why he was on grave yard shift

The unit was very clean.

We already pay with credit card but they still use the...

We already pay with credit card but they still use the previous debit card for prepaid. Also I ready waiting for almost one month, there is limit from my debit card for three days cost!

Would not do this place ever again.

If you have to be at Lackland Air Force Base don't expect to be able to have breakfast. Don't expect the people running the place to be friendly. The weight room is minimal but better than nothing. Half their relatives live on the top floor if you get stuck there. They dont change your room if you stay 2 nights and I had to pay to get clean towels and extra shampoo. The air vent was full of cobwebs and the bathroom smells like mildew and the toilet rocked. I was stuck and there is no way to change a bad reservation, except pay them and go somewhere else. My daughter visited during the day and would not recommend this place to military families.

Second experience as bad as the first. Close to freeway.

This experience makes me think of not using booking.com anymore

Made reservation month in advance and let them know I was taking a red eye flight and would be in at 2 am from ca., Would like a quiet room. Driver left me off at 2:30 A.M. and they said they were full and canceled my reservation at midnight. These people are not friendly and don't smile, (this was assistant manager on duty). Never been to San Antone before so I thought I would have a coronary. She clicked around on the computer and gave me a room by the ice machine. She said I could probably change rooms the next night. I had a separate reservation for next night. There for my daughter's Air Force graduation. So exhausted got to my room and set alarm to make it to breakfast because I knew I wouldn't be able to go out to eat. People were talking and children were playing in echoing hallways most of the night (I should say morning). It was like a bowling alley. Managed to get down to breakfast at 9 am and it closes at 9:30 and there wasn't anything left, every thing ransacked an mess. No place to sit at dining tables and little kids shoving there way in front of you to everything. Found a couple yogurts and went back to room. Got back up at 1:pm to ask for room change and they said they were sold out and I could not because they said they were full. They hadn't cleaned rooms yet.

Easy access to freeway

Friendly staff.

Location. Hotel layout was weird. Guest has to pass through utility corridor to get the elevator that is kind of far from the lobby. Need some updates. Price was a litter bit high for the quality of the overall service.

Really nice staff, friendly and helpful. Clean and well equipped rooms.

Would definitely stay here again!

I can't say I disliked anything about our stay here. Everything met expectations.

We stayed here on our 13 day road trip across the United States (Washington State to Florida). We arrived at like 10pm and left at 11am. It was a fantastic place to rest our head for the night. The rooms were clean, the bathroom was clean and the breakfast included was amazing. Especially the lady watching over the breakfast area, very helpful...I could feel the southern hospitality! I loved the Texas shaped waffles and the instant oatmeal was good.

Good value for the money spent and close to most places of interest.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The hair dryer in my room didn't work and the one that they replaced it with was not that great either. Bathroom could have used an update. Otherwise everything else was fine.

The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Food was good. Room could have used an update but it was clean and comfortable. Hotel was close to airport, Riverwalk, Sea World and Lackland AFB. Overall a great value for a person with a tight budget.

Much better than average for the price, and will stay with BW in the future for sure.

The only down sides were that the breakfast area was very crowded with guests all trying to get food, and there was not a enough seating during peak time. We aren't allowed to take food from the breakfast buffet back to our room, due to state law, but there was also not enough seating to eat in the breakfast area. So we were stuck eating while standing.

The room was clean & quiet, and the free breakfast was tasty. Parking was convenient & plentiful. The location was good for nearby food options too.

Good value

The room felt cramped--large furniture. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious.

Property was clean and staff were friendly. Not a very populated location at night, so it was quiet!

Need to clean rooms better.

Stains on blanket. Mold in bathroom and sink and counter not clean. We didn't even shower because the shower just didn't look clean.

Location,free breakfast and price.

Convenient and decent for the price.

I needed more space. We could barely fit between the bed and the chest of drawers to get from the other bed to the bathroom.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and clean.

Will not stay again.

The breakfast wasn't that great...the only thing good was the waffles but it was so busy we couldn't even make them except 1 morning...and we were there for 3 days. The rooms smelled horrible. Had to change to another room

The beds and pillows were very comfortable

pleasant stay.....i would stay here again

the room was very clean, but it had sort of unpleasant smell....althought it was tolerable...the room was kind of crampy for a double....

service by staff was excellent. the continental breakfast was good, but could be improved with a better variety.

Overall it was a great stay for the cost. I would visit this hotel again in the furture.

They ran out of clean towels and when more was brought, they left them hanging on the door in the hallway where they could have been exposed to germs and other chemicals with people walking by.

The staff setting out the breakfast was extremely friendly and helpful.

Bw in texas

Original room had hair in sink, vomit/blood stains on cabinet door, blankets with stains. Robertas moved me to room on 5th floor, cleaner room but white blankets had stains as well.

Location, friendly staff, break fast was ok. Coffee and tea available 24/7.

It was good enough

Very crowded room and breakfast could have been better not very clean lobby area and we did not get our room cleaned every day as we expected

Bed was very comfortable and price was good

The staff was very rude.

The staff was very rude. The day i arrived the lady at the front desk neither look at my face nor say welcome. The third day, i arrived late and found out that the housekeeping hadn't drop by my room. Told to front desk but they didn't care say sorry or try to make it up for me. While checking out i complained about this again but they didn't seem to be concerned. I think this is a regular practice of them to save some money.