Reviews of Best Western Plus Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall 3 stars

3875 North West 107 Avenue, Doral, Miami, FL 33178, USA

#86 of 213 hotels in Miami

Rooms only have one sitting chair for two people !!!!! They expect your partner to sit in a computer chair, having gone to reception to inquire about another chair for the King size room only to be told that's the way it is. I think this is not acceptable for a hotel/motel

The shower curtain had mold. Room key didn't work. Went back to reception desk twice. The third time a staff member had to go with me. The shower stream was very low.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was fantastic there is 2 Latinos Clara and Nury this 2 ladies so were nice so professional so caring that my daughter and I felt that they really represent well the hotel in that department and make people feel very welcome . The stuff from the front desk was fantastic we check in very late night without a issue and the next day at noon checkout withbisur too overall I did have a wonderful time and defenily will not be the last for me

The tables outside. I used to swim every morning and then have my breakfast outside. But the tables were unstable. The chairs were ok. I only had problems with putting my drinks on the table and watch that they don't fall..

The kitchen staff was super. they did their very best for everyone. I'm so sorry I didn't remember their names. This time there was oatmeal in a big bowl which was super for me. Instead of the small packages.. The french toast was my favorite. thank you senoras..

the weather was rainy

The whole experience was wonderful from the reception to the comfortable rooms and the satisfying breakfast. worth doing it again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lobby was beautiful, but the room was not appealing. Old bedding and the paint was not professional.

It could use some upgrades in bedding and painting.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was old. We had a reservation for a room with two queen beds but we got a room with een King and sleeping couch. The room could not be changed. Strange because we booked a long time prior to our arrival.

Tiles in bathroom were VERY slippery. No safe in room, had to walk around with our passports. Elevator slow to respond. Hate to eat with smallest plastic Knives and Forks available on the market.

Room was roomy, clean and quiet. Air-con. worked well

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

If you have an option to choose a room,we recommend you to get one from the front part of the hotel, because on the back side there is a business building and it is quite noisy.

When we arrived at the airport,we called the hotel and they sent us a shuttle-bus to take us there as a compliment. The breakfast was amazing with a variety of meals. The room was wide and clean. The trip with the shuttle-bus to Dolphin Mall was amazing. If you are going on a cruise, we highly recommend Uber!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Access to 'office facilities' for printing etc was not easy. Getting simple explanatory help was not convenient. Pick up at the airport on arrival seemed both complex and hidden despite the fact that the service was an attraction to select the premises. Delivery to the airport on exiting was much more direct and simple.

Good variety at breakfast. Good to see fresh fruit. Staff generally pleasant and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevator is really slow and the y may Not have the grestest cable, lots of channels of politics and less movies and series. But taking that a side i do recommend it :)

Pillows, breakfast, the kindness of all the employee even the one that fix the things that were broken. I do recommend as usual

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hard to find, behind another hotel and no clear sign on the main road.

Relatively convenient for the airport, desk staff couldn't tell us the best way though, luckily the shuttle driver helped.

• King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

Great value for money. I stay here each time l travel to Miami. The place is just what you need and is so convenient. 20- 30 minutes to airport depending on traffic. Small shops and CVS nearby. 10 minutes to Malls. I didn't use the business centre so can't comment. The staff are also helpful and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Close to airport but not noisy. Close to the malls. Staff friendly and great. Breakfast ok. Wifi ok. Room and bathroom a bit outdated but clean and comfy.

Limited TV channels, long waiting time at the reception for check-in, laundry room has 1 washer and dryer which cost too much, price is high

Big and clean room with free parking and easy to access elevator

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only problem was paying for the room, but not with Booking.com, with the hotel. I called the hotel the day before my coworkers arrived and was told they could not take payment over the phone and unless I came to the hotel when my guests checked in the only other option was to send a credit card authorization form. It took about 5-6 minutes trying to spell my e-mail address but the front desk representative could not get it right so he handed me over to a Manager (Yeli) who assisted me and then sent me the form, but she wanted me to send a copy of the front and back of my credit card and my ID. Obviously for security reasons I did not want to do this and so had to drive to the hotel the next day. I spoke with Yeli and she initially had difficulty locating the reservation but confirmed (as I had already told her) that my coworkers had checked in earlier. Then she told me that everything was paid in full through Booking.com so it was not necessary for them to see or swipe my credit card! This was very frustrating as it wasted time I did not have to spare on a busy day in the office. I asked why she did not know it would be paid and Yeli told me that the information is not released from Booking.com until the day of checkin. I understand the need to protect me from someone else using my credit card to pay for a room without me being there, but there has to be an easier way for me to pay for someone's room using my credit card without me visiting a hotel or wasting time like this. Otherwise I am happy to know that my coworkers liked the hotel and the facilities.

I didn't stay here but I booked and paid for the rooms for my two coworkers visiting from Colombia. They liked the location and told me that everything was excellent.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

One of the receptionists who could not work the safe and her attitude was not very professional!

Was a great place to stay while waiting for our cruise. Not very happy with one of the receptionists on day of arrival....wanted to use th safe in the reception area, three times we went back, and she could not use the key, so we gave up, she was so disinterested.......so apart from that happy with everything else. Hoping to go on a cruise again next year, this time Fort Lauderdale and would be more than happy to stay at another one of your hotels there!!!

n/a

Hotel provides ample free parking, breakfast was good, particularly plate size waffles! Also close to a shopping outlets with major designer brands and a supermarket. The rooms were equipped with microwaves.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We found everything very pleasing but really would like to recommend a change in the Best Western Hotel brand policy re: single use plastic. We would like to urge a more environmentally friendly practice in this regard.

We liked its closeness to the Dolphin and International Malls and the complimentary and punctual shuttle service provided by the hotel. We also found the hotel well kept and comfortable. Our room was also very neat and pleasant and the mini refrigerator and microwave were added perks. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which was ample and satisfying.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was a 'non smoking' room but it smelled horrible to cigarette smoke Check in took some time but was ok.

Breakfast was good, room was spacious, bed was comfy, good location.

• King Suite - Smoking

Room smelled like smoke and not very clean. Rates were very high for quality of room. Pull out not very comfortable.

Breakfast buffet was good. Pool area nice.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

TV never worked ... furnishing were dirty and stained .... coffee pot was always dusty (never dusted) ... some towels were frayed ... some towels were stained.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Airport shuttle was supposed to be at the hotel at 6am and it actually arrived at 6:20 am.

It's near Dolphin and International Mall, has restaurants near and parking. The room was big.

• King Suite - Smoking

The bed was not comfortable the bathroom was extremely small the towels were rough

After booking a smoking room when I get there I was told I was not able to get the room I was promised because I guess extended their stay which meant I was giving another room which was not smoking not very happy with that service if you book a smoking room you should be able to get a smoking room staff basically told me what you want is not guaranteed. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and the bathroom was extremely small.

• King Room - Disability Access

Shuttle to dolphin mall was full so we weren’t able to use it. It comes back to the hote only once at 9pm so is useless. Airport shuttle was 1 hour late so we were also not able to use it. They sent our packages back because the name of the person on the package wasn’t the same as the person that booked the room. While it’s understandable it caused us a good deal of problems so it would be good to know the system ahead.

Staff was friendly, some good restaurants nearby. Room was satisfactory

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

the room was not clean, rusted bath tub and unclean carpet. the hotel is using too much chemical for cleaning and it caused allergy reaction to me. Why not clean it with non-chemical things such as vinegar and baking soda?

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shuttle bus leaves every 2 hours to go to the airport.. the shuttle caters to 2 hotels at once.. and the shuttle goes to the dolphin mall at certain times and u have to stay there for like 5 hrs for the next pick up time..

The price was good..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cheap plastic cutlery at breakfast time.

We picked it as it was conveniently located for Miami Airport (and Dolphin Mall). Simple run to the airport rental car return in the morning. Comfortable room. Pleasant/Reasonable eating (Caffee Toraldo) a short walk away.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a very strong smell of urine in the hallways as well as our room..Also our keycard stopped working 4 TIMES during our 2 night stay and we had to go have it reprogrammed .No juice one of the mornings, at the buffet, also ice machine not working on floor closest to our room.

The staff was very friendly. Although most did not speak English. The outdoor pool was a nice option as well as having free shuttle service to local shopping malls.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Two mornings the maids were having like big chat with eachother 'latin style', just outside our room, despite several doors had the 'do not disturb' sign on them. We got someone else bill on checkout (discovered afterwards)

Comfortable hotel if you need to be in Doral area. The room is big, with a good sized flat TV, comfortable bed. They serve a good and extended breakfast, which alters a bit each day so you don´t have all mornings the same eggs and bacon. Free parking on property, Wifi was good.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The WiFi did not work my entire trip, the shower drain was clogged up. So ever time I showered The tub was filling up. I reserved a room with a king bed when I got there they only had a room with two small beds left. Breakfast was horrible. I couldn’t understand a word from the staff.

The bathtub with shower needs more safety equipment, such as one or two grab bars.

The people on the hotel's staff are the best feature of the hotel. I found them to be exceptionally pleasant and informative. The hotel is in a quiet location, easily reached from the airport and close to the Dolphin Mall. A Winn-Dixie supermarket is nearby as is a very good Italian fusion restaurant --reachable on foot in a few minutes . The breakfast is adequate with some healthful choices like oatmeal, yogurt and fresh fruit. The coffee is excellent and always available at no charge. The hotel is at a considerable distance from downtown Miami and the main tourist attractions. Proximity to the airport, quietness, and a fine staff could be the main draws for a stay at this hotel.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was a little bit noisy, as the airport is nearby; the staff should be more attentive to their customers.

Large comfortable room, excellent breakfast, convenient parking, good WiFi, very easy to get to the airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I made a reservation of a double queen bed room for 3 people with a prepayment but when I arrived at the hotel they gave me a one queen bed with sofa because they were overbooked, as it was during the weekend the manager was not at work, the front desk employee told me that they were going to fix the rate of the price but that for that I needed to send an email to the manager, I have sent already 3 emails and haven't received any response for her or the general manager. the hotel is ok, but I don't recommend it because of the staff. besides that the bathroom was dirty, the sink had some greenish stains like if nobody clean it, the walls also had those stains behind the toilet and the wall from the shower was separated from the real wall so it was like a huge bubble, I stayed at room 411. disgusting, but the staff told me "as Im only staying one night there was nothing they could do with that or with the bed arrangement". so disappointing.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The signage outside the hotel was a little inadequate. Baymont is next door, on the same street so its easy to miss BW Plus.

The breakfast options were varied

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You can not trust the house keeping personal. Personal thinks disappear from our room. Negative Highlight: When we left the room, my wife forgot her Louis Vuitton beauty bag in the bathroom, 1000% just behind the wash basin. Making the story short. "Nobody found the bag". This is a no go. I'm traveling a lot around the world, and something never happen. I can not recommend a Hotel where something like this happen.

Nothing/Nichts

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wanted a late check out...2 hours would have done but was going to be charged “more than $100” ...got 1 hour complimentary ?? There only appeared to be one lift and it took for ever to arrive every time I used it

No charges for parking or WiFi.

A taxi female taxi driver didn’t give us our change and promised when she came back for us she would...when we called her she didn’t answer.. she never came back

I liked the fact that breakfast time was 3 hours long ... gave us time to be ready

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds are too small for 2 person to sleep on. I was with 4 person in a room so we had to sleep close to each other and try not fall down in the middel of the night.

The service was nice at the front desk and mr John the driver of the shuttle was very nice!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was no mention of the very noisy trains passing by quite frequently during the evening, We had a room at the back and it was really disturbing. Trains took almost two minutes to pass by! The bartender seemed very morose and hardly said a word to us, just watched the TV whilst we were there so we drank up and left, not the way to treat paying customers.

Usual BW room, clean with a comfortable bed. Good place to eat dinner within an easy walking distance. Front desk staff very helpful.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff, and cleaning staff, it was 8am and the cleaning staff were making noises and speaking loud and vacuuming! We couldn’t sleep. Downstairs in the lobby where the coffee and tea is we wanted some water that was available in the jug when asked the front desk guy said they didn’t have anymore water and couldn’t replace it because accomodations have gone home for the night.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The key room was not working everyday. I had to take it to the concierge almost all the times I had to enter in the room

The kind staff, the facilities, the fitness center, parking lot, very good WiFi

I liked that even though the shuttle came one hour late, i was offered a coupon for free desert at the front desk. This was very thoughtful and pleasing.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that there was no ice machine on my floor. However the washer was on my floor but the dryer didn't dry my clothes.

It felt like I was home. The breakfast was nice and hot and there were so many options.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I'll never get used to plastic dishes at breakfast! That's a waste and pollution... As almost anywhere in Miami, nearly nothing is within reach by walking or public transport. It's good to have a car with you!

really big rooms available, we could open the windows and adjust the air condition to our comfort. The hotel also offers free shuttles to airport and shopping mall - great!! Drinks at the machines are very cheap

Breakfast, although substantial , was 100% pre-packaged and processed food/drink, with a ton of wastage -- packaging, plastic plates, cutlery, etc -- imagine the waste and use of plastic 365 days per year x 200 guests!!!!

The timing of the airport shuttle. The bad tub which remain water in it and become slippery. This cause me to slip and fall. Lucky for me no injuries

The available free coffee/drinks in the lobby. The available shuttle to the mall and airport

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel is a bit difficult to find being off the main road.

The staff were terrific and really friendly. The room was large and very comfortable and breakfast was good. Best Western Plus is definitely a good deal better than Best Western without the Plus.

• King Room - Disability Access

The room was large, we had been upgraded to a suite which we thought was a bonus unfortunately however, the room was very very musty. We asked to be changed but no other rooms were available. Breathing was difficult and we had to go and purchase a room spray to be able to stay the night.

The breakfast was more than the average included meal. Staff very polite. Swimming pool was cold but clean.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Slow elevator. Outdated decor. Wasn’t as close to the mall as I had anticipated. (Dolphin Mall). No scale at the hote to weigh luggage and had to go over to Baymont to use their scale which was immensely inconvenient.

Shuttle service to the mall

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

the tv has a few channels only . should add more channels in spanish and english the room did not have a separation between the bed and the sofa. should have another tv

breakfast desk inside the room have a lot of space

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't have anything to dislike about the hotel.

The customer service and the proper well structured layout of the room, room was clean and well presentable.

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

The bath tub looks a bit worn and was flaking. The gym equipment needs servicing as it was creaking during my workout.

The bed was comfy and the staff was very friendly.

• King Room - Disability Access

very basic room. bed was ok at best, expected better for the cost. asked for a 1pm check out and was told ok (I was completing early in the morning and was hoping to make it back to shower before the drive home. Got to the hotel (12:20pm) and they had already started cleaning the room. They allowed me to shower, but a bit of a pain.

there were a couple of casual restaurants within walking distance

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Clean and well presented for the money. Friendly staff. As a permanent wheelchair user I didn’t have any problems at this hotel. Free tea and coffee in lobby was also welcomed. Close to airport and easy to find.

The staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. Also, the hotel was clean and we'll maintained and the breakfast was satisfying and the shuttle service was on point on every occasion.We would definitely stay there on future trips.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It takes almost half an hour to Miami airport.

We enjoyed our stay in BW Plus Miami-Doral with the excellent staff of the hotel. Breakfast was great with warm (omelette/scrambled eggs) and cold choices and fruits. The free shuttle from hotel to Dolphin + International Mall and International airport is great too. There are microwave oven, fridge and coffee/teamaker in the room and you get also water / tea / coffee and icecubes from the hotel´s automat.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very used-up and nasty room and bath. Breakfast is awfull even for US. No scale for luggage (broken forever probably).

10min buy car to MIA. A lot places to eat and different hotels nearby.

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

It's not a big complaint. I would like to have a daily choice of different cooked eggs for the breakfast. Im not complaining about the free buffet but more choices would be helpful,such as bacon AND sausage not either or on different days

Every thing was wonderful. The staff,comfortable beds& filling breakfast are all great perks/motivation to plan my next vacation's stay with my new Best Western Plus family!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Arrogant young woman at check-in. Said I didn't have a reservation, so I showed her my confirmation by Booking.com. Said I only had 1 room, so I showed her my confirmation again showing 2 rooms. Just talked down to me the whole time and pretty much pissed me off. Yoel took over and got me checked in. He was helpful. TV was out of action for quite a while. Service tech spent 5-6 hours getting it back up.

Most of the staff was okay. location was fine. Huge rooms.

Wet carpet outside my bathroom which made me have to change rooms Internet in my room was not good

Staff were pleasant Proximity to malls, restaurants and bars Airport shuttle

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The days I was there the hotel was packed, therefore the breakfast space was a little tight. No biggie though, we managed.

The room was very comfortable, couldn´t try the pool though. Spent my time mostly doing shopping. The hotel is very close to International Mall and Dolphin Mall. They got shuttle service to and from the airport and nearby malls.

• King Room - Disability Access

Staff not professional, old facility, old furnitures, old everything... not clean, smells bad. When my wife and I walked in the room we found out the bathroom had not been cleaned. Towels were all over the place, sink, shower and toilet were dirty. I called the manager. He walked in with me and another fellow of his to inspect the bathroom. The manager asked his fellow if he would be willing to clean the bathroom given that no cleaning personnel was on the premises at the time we checked in (Saturday at 10pm). The fellow did not like the idea very much but then he agreed to do it... At some point the fellow even asked me if we brought towels from home so that he did not have to give us clean ones... haha... seriously?! The manager then asked us if we could stand outside the room while waiting for the bathroom to get cleaned. I had to convince him to give us another room rather than wait in the hallway. Plus, I could not stand the idea of using that bathroom after I had seen it dirty. I am laughing about it now... but that has been by far the worst hotel experience in my life. We stayed only one night for $150. It costed me that much to know that I will never book a Best Western hotel again in my life.

The location is perfect for shopping and casual dining. Malls are ver close, the hotel has shuttle service to and from International or Dolphin malls. Breakfast has variey of options: egg fritatta, bacon or sausagge patties, belgian waffles, oatmeal and cereal, coffee, orange and apple juice, croissants and pastries. Easy acces to and from the airport through Le Jeune and 36 street in case you rent a car nd have to drive during rush hours.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Some room cleaners had no patience neither understanding that we had a baby with us in room and need cleaning at a later time.

Very central area for tourist! Love the bed!

rooms smell bad, Carpet is awful The furniture is kind of dirty

The staff does an excellent job, but the place is not in the best conditions, the rooms smell bad, the carpet is a mess.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed sheet had a long black hair. The tub had hair in it. Felt like it wasn't cleaned very well. The tv was terrible. The picture was super washed out. No hd. Was offered another room but the tv was just as bad.

Staff was friendly. Breakfast was good.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean and not comfortable. Air conditioning was terrible, it was freezing in the room and we could not adjust the temperature, had a terrible night in this hotel. Never staying there again!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sorry...convo above in wrong spot...am not rewriting it...look above please.

Staff nice except they had a substitute driver for airport shuttle who was on phone with one hand on wheel all way from airport and nearly missed one exit...had to jerk wheel...although we were told we had to phone for shuttle and waited for 40 minutes for it to arrive...after picking us up and then one other party, he circled the airport for another 20 minutes with no orders to pick up anyone else before he would take us to hotel. He only left when we asked why we were not leaving airport...had been traveling for 12 hours that day so did not appreciate that. Having private conversations on phone for whole trip to hotel is unacceptable. Hotel said he was a substitute driver...the laws in Florida about driving and talking on phone are well known...

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We were stranded in Miami due to Hurricane Irma. We stayed here for 6 nights as it was the only available hotel. Out of the 6 nights, we only had power for 2 nights. There was power outage after the hurricane and the hotel do not have a generator so we endured 4 nights of sweltering heat. My baby developed heat rash all over her back and couldn't sleep because of the heat. On our last night, the hotel across had power already so we asked them if we could stay even in the lobby just so my baby can sleep. The guy at the front desk was very nice and let us stayed there from 12am-4am so my baby can rest. It would have been a nice gesture from the hotel if they give us some discounts, given the fact that we experienced discomfort and inconvenience for 4 nights. We didn't feel the comfort of staying at a hotel. I felt like we wasted our money for the 4 nights. I know it's not their fault but paying more than $800 and staying in a hotel with no power and food, it is only right if they could give some discounts and not charge the whole rate.

The breakfast was good for the first 2 days, before the hurricane came. The succeeding days, you are only left with bread, bread and more bread. Even coffee is not available.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

After a 9 days stay at the hotel, breakfast became boring. A back up generator is need as I experienced hurricane Irma whilst there. I moved from the 1st floor to the 3rd in case of flooding but I was safe. The 3rd stair case had no light after 2 days and I fell damaging my left knee. The front desk manager was there to assist and attend to me. Due to the heavy rain and winds the window leaked a bit. A towel help but the carpet got wet also.

The facility is well maintained, friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms and beautiful pool. Excellent location to & from the malls and Miami international airport.

Everything except theygave me handicap room and thought i didn't notice and they probably didn't care if i notice couse i didn't say anything

The cleaness of the rooms and excellent breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I know this holds for almost all American hotels: but plastic plates at the breakfast table downgrade the overall quality of the place.

Standard hotel. Not exceptional but definitely not bad either.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No enough seating at breakfast.The telephone in room was not working so had to leave room to make calls. Did not always have change for washimg machine so had to go hunting for change especially when you are limited on time.

The bed was comfortable. The helpfulness of the staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was really crowded. As such a big chain disposables leave a big footprint

Close to the mall and airport. Good room and excellent support by the staff.