Reviews of Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel 2 stars

9310 Kearny Mesa Road, Miramar, CA 92126, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Miramar

• Queen Room - Disabilty Access/Smoking

The price is lil higher then I'd like. And I would like a smoking room but it's still ok

Nice quiet complex. Curtious staff. Nice pool. Cheap laundry facilities .

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Make sure you specify smoking or non we booked room and they only had one room left. The room smelled like someone closed all the windows and smoked in it for 20 years.

The staff was friendly

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

This has nothing to do with the hotel but the sun did not come out hardly at all the whole time we were there.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was nice seeing them doing such a through cleaning each day of the whole property and not just the rooms. We sadly did not get a chance to enjoy the pool but the pool area and the hot tub were great. The laundry on site was very helpful too.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The eggs were not good. I don't know if they use powdered eggs or what, but they had a weird mushy texture. The drain in the bathroom sink needed too be cleaned out because it smelled like sewage probably from rotten hair. It had as strong odor as soon as you got near the sink.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The prices for their little "store" are outrageous & their system was down so no discounted zoo tickets.

Perfect location to everyone I needed and wanted to go, breakfast is amazing, super quiet, staff was really nice, Room was nice & clean. Id def stay here again.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

In-room refrigerator was noisy as was the climate control. Road noise was excessive.

Room was very clean and well maintained ( except for needing batteries in TV remote). Complimentary breakfast was very good. The hostess kept the breakfast area very clean and well stocked.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

A little far from San Diego attractions. Bathroom shower didn't work properly.

Good value. Really friendly staff, from the front desk, the young lady in the breakfast area, and the housekepers. They always had a smile. Good size room. Simple but decent breakfast.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room had swarms of bugs on the bathroom floor, not sure if it was on the carpet because it was a darker shade. We told the receptionist about the bugs and she switched us from a queen size bed size bedroom to 2 twin smoking room with our 2 year old! Receptionist didn’t care that customers were waiting to be checked while she was socializing to her friends/family there. We left the hotel the same night.

Spacious rooms

that I had to leave

the cleanliness and comfort was excellent! I LOVED the breakfast choices and very very tasty (one of the main reasons i chose to stay here!!! Highly recommend BW!!!!!!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

I believe I am entitled to a Senior Discount, However, when I asked for it at the Front Desk, my request was declined. Please take up this matter with BW Miramar so that I may receive an appropriate credit to my Amex Blue account. Thanks . . .

Location was ideal.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

We were extremely happy with our stay at the Best Western/Mira Mar - Staff was pleasant, and very welcoming. Breakfast was beyond our expectations, not your ordinary continental breakfast - great selection. Rooms were clean, and the bed was very comfortable, loved all the extra pillows on the bed. Plus we were pretty close to our destination.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is in desperate need of upgrade. I had no view from my room. My view was the fire escape and utilites. The coffee was terrible!

Reception staff were friendly and welcoming

Everything was perfect!

The room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was well stocked and tasty. The lobby has a on area that was perfect for visiting with family members. I will definitely come back!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Front desk people are not friendly especially the cleaner, I ask for a shampoo for my mom cause we didn’t get our shampoo for that day but she’s so unhappy.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Sort of nondescript ugly suburban location pool is right next to parking lot and highway

This place is ok comfortable easy to access.by car. In middle of nowhere but not too far by car if you have a specific reason to be there location only good by car and not pretty off major highway it is a fine stopover not resort. Pool is nice and everything very very clean

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The thermostat on the A/C was not working properly. Front desk staff moved us to another room the next day.

Hot breakfast was good and well-stocked.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Have stayed at this location several times while traveling to San Diego. Have never been disappointed with my stay. The staff, the room, the breakfast- all excellent.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Diane at the front desk was awesome. After a long day of travel her smile and upbeat personality was awesome. The staff were very accomodating and treated us like people not just inanimate business dollars. So refreshing to see people who show they care in actions!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• King Room - Pet Friendly

Put us in smoking room and said they did not have any other rooms. Next day we moved to another room and were told there were non smoking rooms but with two doubles and not a king. That was never conveyed to us when checking in as we didn't care, just wanted a room that didn't smell like an ash tray. Lastly, we were charged to move rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Queen Room - Disabilty Access/Smoking

Sometimes the TV didn't have a signal and there was no TV guide listing the channels available.

The receptionist was absolutely awesome! She answered all of my questions and was very helpful...even though it was late evening when I checked in.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The elevator was broken and we were on the third floor. Not a huge inconvenience.

Breakfast was good. Lots of variety. Decent parking. Central location

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The toilet ran constantly and had a brown ring in the bowl. The bed was rock hard and the hotel is right in the flight path of the naval base so it was quite noisy. The door latch slammed when I shut the door and they had to bring tools to get me back in. They said "it happens a lot".

Pillows were okay, the wifi worked great and the staff were very nice. Good water pressure in the shower, water was good and hot and the shower head was nice.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

We didn't like the sheets. They were stiff and uncomfortable. The breakfast was okay, but not what we expected. The eggs were mushy and watery. When are hotels going to start offering hash brown potatoes with their breakfasts? I would recommend it for the price that we paid. The fruit was old and should have been at least fresh.

Clean room. We could tell that the staff who cleaned our room had to have worked hard. We commend the cleaning staff.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When I walked into the room it was musty and had a weird smell. The air cooler didn't seem to work that great. The blankets on the bed weren't even blankets. More like curtains & thin sheets. At night I was constantly woken up by the foot steps above me. And also in the morning I could hear everyone's conversations as they walked by and the loud pressure washer the workers were using. The walls and windows were really thin and I felt I had little to no privacy at all! Not worth the price. Would've rather stayed in a motel than this.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Bad A/C. Room poorly cleaned. Pool dirty. Old building with inadequate upkeep and repair. Should definitely not be called a Best Western "PLUS".

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

It was a little older hotel, but not bad at all. The eggs for breakfast were a bit strange and tasted processed. I think scrambled would have been better.

It was a great location for what we wanted to do.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Queen Room - Disabilty Access/Smoking

staff gave wrong wifi password no ashtrays in the smoking room taht we stayed in the safe wouldnt open....shouldnt have to call or go down to front desk while im on vacation when they could of had it right the first time....the jets in the hot tub never worked properly.. the timer of the hot tub was broken as well and i love hot tubbing every night before bed and after a long travel.........

the room was always very clean bug free......staff was super friendly great positive attitudes

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

close to a road at the back of the hotel, which can be a bit noisy in the mornings

convenient location for my works trip, rooom was spacious and comfortable, staff were very friendly and very helpful throughout, would recommend

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

More parking, cleaner coffee pots, vending machines outside

My husband had to use a towel because his neck hurt with the overfilled pillows. More accommodations for people with neck disabilities..

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Close to Miramar, lots of plane noise that lasted all night. Staff when I checked it was not pleasant. The rest where wonderful.

Rooms where nice and clean. Free breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

This was a terrible hotel. We requested a non-smoking room and it smelled like cigarettes. When we called the front desk to confirm it was non-smoking, they said yes and said they would send someone up to take care of the issue. Someone showed up with air freshener and sprayed the room. Made it smell like cigarettes and flowers. It smelled like cigarettes the entire time. I would NEVER stay here again. It was not very clean.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

It wasn't a good fit for my family, breakfast was unhealthy with NO healthy options, facility is aged, rooms were dark and musty, doors were hard to close so the "live in" neighbor next door harrassed me about how we closed it, yet every other door closed the same way, LOUD!! Overpriced for the area and facility.

Lots of pillows and towels. Ample parking. Front desk guy very nice. Great refrigerator in the room

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't a remote for TV in the room.

It was pleased with everything.

I didn’t like the fact that I couldn’t book another room.

I liked standing outside in the cold

Todo excelente !

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very good and in a pleasant and comfortable environment. Parking was adequate and location was close to freeway on ramps.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Room view was of the lobby roof immediately out front.

Breakfast and staff were excellent

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed seemed small for a king.

Breakfast was great.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

It was close to the project I was working on.

• Queen Room with Roll-in Shower

Worst shower I've ever taken. No water pressure. Handicap room with no tub.

Clean

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was small and needed to be updated.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The location and cleanliness.

No work out room.

Great location, great staff, and I loved the spa. The hotel is only about 15 minutes from everything we wanted to do.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Guest next door were loud and kept my girlfriend and I up the whole night, they were knocking on our door at 3 AM

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

That there wasn't a bedside table.

bruit coté hyway

lit king size ok

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Powdered eggs....blah. bed very good!

Check in effortlesss

Expectations across best Western properties are similar.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

it took almost a week for the chargeback to my card when I paid them cash upon check out.

strawberry waffles were delicious

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

I forgot my platinum diamond ring i called they sent it to my house😃😃🐩

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Room and property was very clean, and staff very friendly.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Food was good. Beds were comfortable. Staff was helpful at all times.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

We liked everything at the hotel. Friendly staff. Great Breakfast.

Service housekeeping

Amenities Breakfast Cleanliness of exterior

Service was good Hotel mediocre

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

I boticed a hole on the blanket on the sofa bed. No big deal it just made me think that maybe little details where overlooked.

Everything was fine.

• King Room - Pet Friendly

Facility need to be cleaner, price of room was very high for the condition of the room

• Queen Room - Disabilty Access/Smoking

The room we were given was a smoking room.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was poorly managed and my shower had very poor water coming out

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• King Room - Pet Friendly

This was NOT a Best Western Plus!! It was just a Best Western! Not happy with the hotel!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Overall great stay and good breakfast. Slept good.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

You could hear anything that happened outside, loud traffic. A.c. unit was very loud

Large room, staff are very friendly

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Quiet at night

Quiet at night

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Late night food options near by ;-)

Everything about the breakfast buffet--great content, staff, and reasonableness of service.

It was clean

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The cleaning was not good

The breakfast was great Big nice room

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Cream cheese and bagels would be a great addition.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast selection in the morning was really good. The room was comfortable and so was the bed.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

For the cost it is a good selection.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff all were very friendly and helpful, especially Juan in the evenings.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The bed had bed bugs

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Cable TV very bad bed was like foam road outside so loud all day and night

Beeakfast

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms are a little tired could of with renovation.

Excellent location for miramar air show, staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016