Reviews of Best Western Naperville Inn 2 stars

1617 Naperville Road, Naperville, IL 60563, USA

#9 of 16 hotels in Naperville

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was very clean! The microwave in the room was on the fritz but other than that it was great. The staff was amazingly friendly, even offered to cook up some egg whites for us!

• King Room - Smoking

We were only somewhat concerned that the doors from the parking lot required no security key. Anyone could have walked in.

I was quite pleasantly surprised at the variety of pastries in the morning. Not the usual fair

I was very impressed with the traditional up to date look of the hotel. For once the picture on the internet site was a great representation of what the actual Hotel looks like

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Night time service desk attendant was rude and was only courteous to certain guest and not others. He didn’t seem like he wanted to be there. The continental breakfast less than expected and left a lot to be desired.

Extremely comfortable bed. Great location. Female night time service desk attendant was extremely helpful, courteous, and understanding.

• King Room - Smoking

The room smelled when I came in, the bed was hard and extremely creeky every time you moved. There were roaches ( I took picture only took one but they were in bathroom and bed area) the air didn’t work

I have no complaints.

I thought the hotel was excellent. The staff was very friendly, the room was nice and clean. The breakfast was much more than expected.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This is not such a bad thing. However, people do like to travel with they Kindle firestick. It wasn't enough outlets behind the TV to plug in the microwave, refrigerator, and a free one to use if one was needed.

I like that there were plenty of towels in the room. There was also a safe in the room (just in case someone is traveling with important items/ documents). The room was clean and nice. It was also spacious.

The air conditioning. It was super old and didint work well at all. The first night I was hot and couldn’t get it to cool the room.

The rooms seemed new on the surface.

I requested a double bed and was given confirmation for a double bed when I checked in was given a single bed. And told the manager changed my room without my permission and no accommodations were made.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleaning service never came to our room over a 3 night period, which normally I wouldn't mind but we did not get fresh towels. However we were able to get one from the front desk, it just would have been nice to have a towel for every day. The bed sheets were also kind of thin and scratchy, but it is what I expected for the price

very good price and great location

I've given the facility about an 8 score, not much else to say. There wasn't much to criticze!!!!!!

The room was updated. Nice furnishings. Older facility, but fairly well kept. about an 8. The hotel was 20 minutes away from my business meeting, but that wasn't the motels fault. Overall a nice experience.

An automatic door at the main entrance to make it easier to get in/out with luggage.

The room was quiet. The support staff was polite (especially the maid & breakfast room people)

• King Room with Whirlpool - Smoking

I always like a later check out but that's just me. 11:00 check out with a 1 hour extension to noon.

Imissed the option for non smoking section and couldn't change rooms as they were non Available. Candles and a open window did the trick. Only smelled like smoke in the hallway. This is NOT a complaint just and FYI.

The water and linens smelled strongly of chemicals.

I enjoyed the king size bed & fluffy pillows. It was a nice continental breakfast with good choices for food.

Early Morning cleaning staff start cleaning when people were still sleeping at 9.00 am running vacuums

The rooms were all new and nicely decorated. The morning breakfast was good. The selection of foods was huge . Very clean

• King Room - Smoking

I have a bad back so the toilet was so low it was hard to get on and off.

When I told them the room was to warm for my comfort and I could not figure out how to turn the heat down any further the maintance man was right there to go back to my room with me he even carried my ice bucket for me since I use a cane.

• King Room - Smoking

Everything but the parking was packed had to park around the back and my room was on the front

Was very satisfied with the room very clean and Cozy would always come back again

We have no complaints.

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 3 times now, and we will come back. The hotel and rooms are nice held and equipped. All staff - from management to cleaning - are alle very friendly and helpful. The complementary breakfast this hotel is offering free, is much more than one can expect. We will come back - it feels like coming home to us.

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Bugs by the Whirlpool probably just from the water but still it was nasty

The maintenance guy was very friendly we had a problem he took care of it right away and then even came back to check to see if it was still working

Rear entrance door was not locked, the lock was damaged! Actually, every time the door closed I could hear it close! Homeless person was sleeping /living 150 yards away on the sidewalk! How about the guys smoking behind the restaurant, in front of your place (all the trashy crates) disgusting! What does this say about personal safety? Looked out the window to check on my vehicle more than once. I must say though, the people working there are exceptionally nice and the room was very clean,and the coffee and cereal hit the spot. Will I be back next year??

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not a thing needed to be better in our opinion.

Our room was spacious and comfortable. The beds and pillows were awesome and breakfast was very good. The location was convenient for all of the places that we were going to visit and the staff was more than helpful! 4 thumbs from both of us!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Smoking

The location when people drive to enter your building is somewhat dangerous dues to stoplight from north side where people enter and can cause accident. Guess what, yesterday, I saw the car accident and I knew it would be happened. That is where i am concerned about accessing into your hotel location. Foods are okay, but not that best foods. I think Sausage and Eggs are good with bagels. But cereal and waffles tasted old or not favorable. I just wish that it was enough smoking room with king bed that has hot tub. But, there was not one that available. Also, no pool. Unfortunately, on the search it was not searchable for me. That is why I asked the question to you guys. I wish that the staff need to be more communicative or need to read my writing very well. One of them opened and I screamed because I was naked. But they apologized but still please read my note carefully and read the door "do not disturb" which it is too small to be notice.

I do like the room on first floor where access to parking lot. I like about it but other than that nothing much special about it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Wonderful job on the breakfast even made homemade salsa and various toppings for the eggs had waffles eggs sausage bacon couldn't ask for much more well done very nice people very attentive to their dining room area even though it was just a breakfast people at the desk were very accommodating very helpful

I have nothing to report

The housekeeping, restaurant staff, and hotel staff were all amazing, and made our stay especially comfortable. Our room was exceptionally clean. The restaurant staff was constantly making sure the food was replenished and waste containers were emptied. The only thing I would ask is that a tip container with a slot be put out instead of the open container provided. The hotel staff was always friendly and acknowledged us as we walked into the hotel after a day out in the city. All in all a clean comfortable, and safe room, a free hot breakfast, and friendly staff will keep me coming back every time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Probably the only backdrop in the stay, was the loud fridge, what was not much problem in daylight, but at night when there's no other source of noise, it can be 'loud'.

Breakfast was very good and plentyfull, the room was nicely 'dressed', the bead was comfortable, the office desk was nice to use.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Just had a quick visit. Got in late, left early. Didn't get to do much else, but sleep and eat breakfast.

Bed was very comfy. Breakfast was delicious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Smoking

Why the plastic dishes during breakfast??

Really friendly staff. The room was quite spacious and clean. Good breakfast and delicious coffee. The location is also very convenient, we travelled by car and it was very easy to reach Chicago's downtown.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff, cleaning staff who argued with front desk staff because our room wasn't ready until 5.30pm, the breakfast OR the breakfast room!!

The room still wasn't ready to check into after 5pm so we had to wait until another staff member changed our room in the computer to check us in. Then my credit card was charged twice at check in and sadly it will take DAYS for reimbursement!! The breakfast room is chaos!! Very little food for a sold out hotel,too hot no air movement, not enough seating, staff could not keep up. This is the 2nd stay and we are in Naperville often, however I will not stay at this property again! The staff seemed overwhelmed, irritated, and it didn't matter our room was not ready 2.5hrs after check in time. The 1st staff member pushed us off on another staff member and bailed. So disappointing!! This hotel is lacking!!

• King Room - Smoking

Maintenance was being performed on the outside and resulted in a reduction in parking spots. That being said work must be done when it can be done not w/o regard to weather.

The room was comfortable and clean. The beds were very comfortable and we slept soundly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Unfortunately, it was under remodel on the exterior. The room was very nice. Booking.com had it listed as double room, it was just 2 full size beds. Worked out though.

Great staff, great feel to the room (very modern). Breakfast was great!

The property was was being updated. Plastic was over my window my entire stay. The workers were listening to the radio at a high volume and were loud themselves to be heard over the radio.

Just a small thing - they were remodeling so the windows were covered in plastic. Just a circumstance of timing tha I was there during that process.

Friendly and efficient staff. The room was clean and comfortable. I was very happy to have chosen Best Western.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We got a rollaway, but they were "out" of pillows....

Accommodating facilities. Allowed us to check in early so we could shower before an appointment. Always ample parking and easy to get into and out of

• King Room - Smoking

We do not smoke and when we arrive they gave us a SMOKING ROOM which reaked of smoke. We managed but was very unhappy about it. The front desk staff told us we ordered the room that way. Although we were NOT happy at all we made the BEST out of my fiance's 50th birthday.

Clean, Parking and near restaurants

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Smoking

I would have given more fives but the exhaust fan in the bathroom was very noisy and there was a slight musty smell to the hallways and room.

I loved the choices in the breakfast. The front desk was very prompt with our requests. Bed were wonderful and comfy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Dirty floors in the room. Got out of the shower & walked to the bed and my feet were dirty. My friends had the same experience with white socks. In the morning water dripped through the ceiling onto one of the beds. So much so that we put the wastebasket on the bed to catch the drips.

Good location and value. Pleasant front desk people.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room that they give us first didn't have been cleaned. They immediately gave us another room that was cleaned. Bed weren't that great but this is a personal feeling.

Breakfast is great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Fox News was on the TV in the breakfast room which is a right wing propaganda tool that has only further divided and hurt our country with lies. In a public area with a TV, the hotel owner must insist a middle of the road news network or some light programming be shown.

Clean,convenient location and near restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was stuffy and a bit cramped.

The room was attractive and well appointed. I accidently dropped my car/house keys and they went down the slot by the door to the bottom of the elevator shaft. The maintenance staff had left for the day and came back within 20 minutes to retrieve them for me!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Best Western in Naperville provided a good place to stay at a value price. They had a decent breakfast, clean facilities, and very nice and helpful people.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Smoking

The carpet was sticky and dirty. I found someone else's hairs in the bed before it was slept in. The cord for the coffee maker is not long enough and we had to move it to the bathroom for the lack of outlets available.

The employees were very nice and helpful and the breakfast was done well.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Everything was great!

Very comfortable beds. The a/c was great. Even though they were installing new carpet down the hall the room was quiet and we had no complaints whatsoever !

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

I only stayed 2 hours. There were flies in the room and hair on the bed. Construction workers sealing the driveway and smoke filled the room! Desk and staff were overwhelmed and I overheard the service tech saying that microwaves, lights, mini fridge, and door locks were broken in several rooms.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Construction mess. Also, plumbing in bathroom was poor. Tiling around tub was sloppy. Tub drain very slow. Faucet fixture at sink backwards.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The area to eat breakfast was too small. It was too crowded around the food distribution areas. There was not enough seating in the breakfast area.

The rooms were very clean. The TV had a guide for the channels. The remote for the TV was simple to figure out. The bathroom was very clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

hotel was in construction (renovation), so there was some dust in the hallways, smell of fresh paint, but the room had already ben renovated and was ok

good breakfast

Did NOT like the wait for our room after we had checked in. We were not the only guests waiting for our rooms to be ready. Off to a slow start upon our arrival.

The room was exactly what we wanted at a price we could afford. The Best Western location was close to where we needed to be.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was under renovation during our stay. The hallways were littered with paint chips and flakes and the the air was filled with dust particles and the stench of the plaster and wallpaper removal chemicals. The air was filled with so much dusts from the construction that the smoke alarms were triggered every few minutes during the day. It was in a very bad condition. The hotel should not operate under such horrible condition.

breakfast was good

Had to park in another lot due to all spaces being filled, but it was within walking distance.

Hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast was good Parking was a bit of an issue. Location was great!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

extra charges when i got back that i did not expect?

overall a great stay, friendly staff and very clean. Choice of cereals and bread, bagels. Make your own pancakes and waffles for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• King Room with Whirlpool - Smoking

I didn't like that as I moved through the room just checking it out I come upon a roach in the bathroom. I notified the front desk and got a long pause when I stated the problem. After saying hello to make sure someone was still on the line, the clerk then responds with I don't know what to say. How about I apologize sir,we'll move you to another room right away,how about assuring me the hotel doesn't have roaches and that it was most likely left by previous guest. How about sir what can we do to make your stay more comfortable. The clerks only resolve was the manager would be in in the morning. Morning comes and no one contacts me to address my issue. I spent the whole night worried if I was going to take roaches home.

Upon entering the lobby I immediately felt like I made a good decision. My reservations was easily accessed and the transaction was smooth. Once I got to the room I was pleasantly surprised it was a smoking room but didn't have that heavy order of old stale smoke. The room was clean and well maintained.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

the room was decorated straight out of the 80s, but it was a pet friendly room so I didn't care too much.

close to whole foods market, friendly staff, dog friendly, fridge in room, nice Jacuzzi tub, almond milk

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No pool or hot tub--that would have been nice for relaxing, but the reasonable price more than made up for that.

Super clean room, comfortable bed, excellent breakfast, and friendly front desk staff. Bright, welcoming environment. Easy and plentiful parking. The price we received was reasonable; we would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Clean the filter in the heating/air conditioner unit

Awesome free breakfast with many options Comfortable bed Easy access Friendly staff Workout facilities

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Late check out was not communicated to morning staff. Housekeeping knocked on our door and then we received a rude phone call from front desk.

Check in clerk was very professional and offered late check out.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fan of the room heating is quite noisy. There is not much going on around the hotel, you will absolutely need a car.

Good position if you need to reach IL-59 or I-88 every morning. Staff is very kind and friendly. The hotel has a self-service washing machine and dryer. Great quality/price ratio.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

I did NOT like the comfort of the bed at all. This is probably one of the worst beds I have ever slept in, unfortunately. Also, I do not like it when the FAN on the A/C-Heater does not run constantly. It helps drown out the noise from the hall or neighboring rooms.

This hotel was very friendly and clean. I noticed they made sure that their parking lot was well lit, as well. That is important to me as a solo traveler.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

It would have been nice to have a pool. But we did use the exercise room which was very clean.

The desk staff was great! We were in for a funeral and the staff helped us find a florist that was still open so we could get flowers in time.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The overpowering smell of deodorizer in every inch of the building, so strong I could smell it through my stuffed up nose and I never got used to it- impossible to tune out.

Liked having a refrigerator, breakfast was OK, bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Overall good deal for the money.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Everything was fine.

The overall "attitude" of the employees and the attention to cleanliness was at a level that made the value of the stay greater than anticipated.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

-Room was not what I requested. -Room outside of actual hotel. You had to exit the room. Once exiting you are outside, then re-enter hotel to use facilities. -Breakfast ends at 9 am.

Staff was plesant and helpfull.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room heater broke on my second night and never got fixed. All I got was extra blankets. I was in town because my husband was hospitalized at the nearby hospital so luckily I wasn't in the cold room that much.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

1. hallway carpets need cleaning; 2. dog droppings in the parking lot

1. breakfast was good. 2. staff was pleasant and attentive. 3. hotel was close to many eating places.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

breakfast was the usual sad american diet of mostly processed foods that you find at too many hotels, although they did have almond milk and fruit which was a plus

Friendly staff, quiet space, good vibe, would stay there again for sure

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Had to turn the water faucet all the way over on the hot side (both shower and sink) in order to get any warm/hot water

Desk clerk lent us an umbrella when it was raining so we could walk to restaurant next door. Room was at the end of the hallway, so it was very quiet. Convenient location and good value for the price... I would recommend it to friends

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noisy ice machine in the corridor. Around the hotel there is substantially nothing open at walking distance in the evening.

Very comfortable bed. Plenty of parking just outside the hotel. Rooms with safe included.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice breakfast with lots of choices. Rooms are well maintained. Friendly staff. Great value for the price. Enjoyed the stay. Several nice places to eat lunch or dinner within easy walking distance.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No food outlet, breakfast is very ordinary and tasteless, not many items, limited TV channels, no other facilities.

Staff was helpful, no delay in check in or check out. Location is good, every thing is available at walking distance. transport is available just across road.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too expensive. Other hotels/motels we're having sales in the area purchasing online I expected to get a better value. I could've saved $30 by going somewhere else in an equal motel

It was OK

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Two ice machines not working .. But staff checked into it immediately

Everyone was so helpful (my key wouldn't work one morning) Very friendly front desk

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wall next to bed was very dirty. Something wrong with bath tub, while getting out I started to fall thank goodness the sink was nearby or it would have been a very serious fall. I told my friend about what happened and when she took her shower she did the same thing. Should really be looked into. Carpet in hallway had many large sdark dirty spots.

It was quiet, breakfast,easy to get too. Quick check in and check out. Very friendly counter staff and very friendly room maids.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the toilet wasn't secured to the floor it moved when you sat on it. door in bath room had a hole in it. the main door stop was not secured. toilet was not clean. only three big towels.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Bathroom was a bit dirty, and we found some stains on the sheets

Breakfast was sufficient, value for money was great, Very friendly staff, roomy room, and easy free parking.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Room very clean and a delicious breakfast. Not to mention the location that was excellent. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The stench of cigarettes was so heavy it was nauseating. We asked for a different room and the manager asked why. When we explained he said "too bad". Made zero effort.

This hotel has ZERO redeeming qualities.