Reviews of Best Western Norwalk Inn 2 stars

10902 Firestone Boulevard, Norwalk, CA 90650, USA

#1 of 6 hotels in Norwalk

Overall, the cleanliness and comfort makes your stay here worth it👍

In my opinion the facilities like pool and cafeteria can use a little remodel. Pool lounge chairs were old, cafeteria where breakfast is served is too small and gets pretty crowded.

Loved the cleanliness and comfort of the actual room.House keeping and cafeteria personal were awesome!!!

Lovely and relaxing. Would stay there again!

Close to a busy road but to be honest it wasn't noisy at all inside the room. The staff were great- one member of staff at the desk seemed a bit more stressed out than the rest but still attended us well.

The buffet breakfast had a great selection-danishes, scrambled eggs, sausages, fried potatoes, cereal, toast, bagels,waffles. Very close to a supermarket too (about 5min walk) which was great. Nice that everyone seemed to speak English and Spanish.

Great place to stay

Very comfortable room, clean, remodeled, decent breakfast, close to freeway/shopping centers, free parking and wifi.3rd time staying at this facility and we enjoyed it just the same as the first time!

Spacious, clean and we had the best room!

No complaints about the property!!!

Spacious, clean and we had the best room!!! Our room was directly in front of the pool, made it easy for my kids to come and go as they pleased! Great breakfast! Friendly staff very accommodating!

Very pleasant

That I could not get a cup of coffee at 5:00 am due to the door to the office was locked . My roommates were sleeping so I did not want to wake them up making my own coffee.

The Staff was very nice , the breakfast was very good

even though we had problem with lighting, I would recommend this hotel, highly.

light in room did not work and outlet in bathroom not working

breakfast. food very fresh. location; close to other restaurants and other stores. went for bowling tournament. so close to bowling alley.

Okay

Heating and air-conditioning unit. Makes a lot of noise at night have to have earplugs if you have it on

The room was clean. The breakfast was OK eggs could’ve been better little milky

I would come back and stay again. Was located right off the freeway. Many little shops around area i

Had no workout room. As most thing in Southern California exiting the area and coming could be a little challenging because of the traffic flow.

The room was very clean. Had some issues with lighting and toilet not flushing, but once we called the front desk they fixed it right away.

If you have car and go Disney this hotel is better that the...

If you have car and go Disney this hotel is better that the Obed that are near. We stayed also four point Anaheim. This west be stern was almost the same but cheaper and with basic breakfast included

great experience

no complaints.

I received a courtesy call after I had checked in to see if everything in my room was ok and/or to check on me. that was appreciated.

the breakfast was pretty good.

the breakfast was pretty good. they don't rush you out the door. the place feels safe and the beds are nice. our room had an a/c that didn't work and the tub wouldn't drain. the night staff was very nice, but the day staff was old and grumpy

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The room was spacious, very spacious and clean.

The room was spacious, very spacious and clean. The pool was lovely and was open until 10 which is very nice. Close to disneyland close to los angeles self all in all perfect stay. breakfast staff was very nice and lovely.

Even with the minor inconveniences, I had an excellent stay, and would return again.
    • King Suite

L.A. traffic!!!!. (But you can't do much about that). A lot of outside ambient noise. My room was facing Firestone Blvd a major street in Norwalk. Although it was not very noisy late at night (from about 10:30 pm - 5:30 am) there is a considerable amount of traffic during the day and evening time which can get quite loud. The tub and sink did not drain adequately, (I did not notify the staff until checkout and was told it would be looked at immediately). It was hard to regulate the room temp and there was no spare blanket. The bed comforter/blanket was very thin. During the day it was very hot and I would keep the A/C running, but at night if you turned it off or adjusted the thermostat because it got too cold, the room would get warm and you would have to to turn the A/C back on or readjust the thermostat and the room would get pretty cold. An extra blanket for the bed would help. The breakfast area is a little small, (but they do have an overflow area in the main lobby)

Breakfast was excellent. Standard fare, Eggs, sausage, waffles, etc all were excellent. Room suite was very spacious and King size bed was very comfortable. The room is well lit and the lighting fixtures have electrical outlets on them and usb jacks for keeping your phone or other e-devices charged (A very nice touch). Refrigerator worked very well. The entire staff always greeted you with a smile and were very helpful. Location was very close to the freeways. TV was a nice sized flat screen with 50 channels to choose from and wifi was speedy.

Nice little hotel for family trips
    • King Suite

Rooms could use an extra set of towels.

Safe area close to major freeways. Good location if you want to visit sights in Anaheim but still want to be fairly close to L.A. and beaches. There is a Target less than a minute away if you need to pick up last minute items. Many more stores, restaurants and a mall located a couple minutes away in the city of Downey. The rooms are typical BW style. They are not fancy but are comfortable and clean. Basically all the necessities are there for a nice stay.

Very nice stay for our family

The small breakfast room. We ended up taking our food back to our room.

The free continental breakfast was more than just donuts and fruit. The air conditioner worked well and there was good water pressure in the shower.

Great place to stay - affordable, accessible & clean - what else do you need?!

Nothing - all my expectations were met.

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in July. It was perfect - I arrived prior to the designated check-in time but was able to go to my room immediately, which was great. The breakfast in the mornings was a great start to the day - and I'm an early-riser, so I didn't find the breakfast room crowded at all, but then I was up eating at 6:30am. Housekeeping did a great job tidying-up each morning, parking was ample, location was great (easy access to the 605) and check-out was easy too.

I like the place.

Overall, my stay is pretty ok then one night while watching tv, i saw cockroach crawling the wall down to like near my luggage then up again and it was like hell you little creepy go away! I hate it..

I like the place.. very quiet neighborhood.. my room is better than expected. Bigger than expected.

OK place for price

Coffee sucks

Ok place for the region. Not a big fan of the area, LA or surrounding suburbs. Staff had a cork extraction device since I usually forget to bring one.:-)

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Really disappointed with the quality of this property.

Was looking forward to start using this chain based on advertisements - particularly the breakfast buffet. It turned out to be extremely ordinary and disappointing. The breakfast room was insufficient for the amount of people trying to get in, wait and be seated. Our assigned room had thin walls, we could hear the people in the room to the right talk and cough and sneeze. The room behind us loudly echoed the shower and toilet when used.

The receptionist was very nice and accommodating.

A good long night sleep ❤️
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

There's nothing that won't like everything is good and in place thank you

Is very quiet and no kids running around I love it and I will stand here again, Thank you very much . Gregorio Ireland and Yesenia Carranza

Needs improvement
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The bed mattress was to hard, not comfortable to sleep in for seniors, recommend adding feather bed pad on top of existing mattress. No tub although ad stated tub, making shower water flow outside, had to use towel to hold excess water. slept on top of covers to cushion hard mattress. No separate door for toilet area, no privacy .

The breakfast and coffee were good.

Good place to stay

Swimming pool cold ( but on the other hand there's a jacuzzi ) Thin walls and noisy floor boards

Easy& quick to get onto the highway from here Straightforward route to & from LAX and to major attractions Friendly staff ( Thanks Daphne for a beautiful room) Meticulous room with fridge & microwave oven Cleanliness of entire property Non-smoking policy on property Modest good breakfast

Debra at reception is excellent and deal with our problems...

Booking.com initially placed us in a disabled room but described the room as having a bath. When we arrived the room did not have a bath and was quite obviously a room that people had smoked heavily in, despite us booking non-smoking rooms. The other room we booked was also very dark and below the stairs and also seemed to have been smoked in. When we asked Debra if we could have other rooms she accommodated us despite the hotel being very full

Debra at reception is excellent and deal with our problems is a fantastic and professional manner. The facilities are excellent and the location is a good halfway point between Disney Anaheim and LA central. Pool area is a great oasis in a city scape. The breakfast offering is superb.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Nice hotel with good car access.

Quite far from downtown LA, takes about 45min drive there.

Very nice hotel in souther district of LA. Easy access with car, free parking in hotel parking lot. Very good breakfast. Large room, clean.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Nice Hotel!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

This hotel is located in a urban area, not a turistic place and you've to spend a lot of time in traffic to reach the popular places (Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Sta Mónica, Universal, etc). Likely to rent a car, because metro is far away and taxi will be very expensive. They were doing some renewing work in some rooms during my stay, but it was OK because the loud drilling its only after 9 am. Don't expect a fancy breakfast, it was the normal BW hotel breakfast. Parking lot were full at night, but we always found an place to park.

This hotel was a nice option in the area of LA, it's just a hotel to sleep at night until you do other things in day. Rooms where nice and comfy, the staff friendly and helpful. The neighborhood is safe and nice, also can find basics very near and some in a walking distance (Target, Stonewood mall, McDonalds, Tj Maxx, Walgreens, etc).

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Reasonable value for a motel-style walk up, it was near...

Reasonable value for a motel-style walk up, it was near where I needed to be in an area that did not have a very good hotel selection. Overall it met expectations- not fancy, but clean and comfortable, and everything worked!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would be happy to stay there again!
    • Business King Room

This property had several rooms being remodeled, so there was some construction noise and items in parking lot. The construction did not have a negative effect. I was pleased to see the renovations as it shows the property owners are doing a great job improving the quality of staying at this property!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

The sheets were clean.

The breakfast was terrible, the eggs were runny, no flavor, the waffle machine makes soggy waffles, the coffee was comparable to dirty sock water and the paper thin walls made it scary and hard to stay asleep for long.

The sheets were clean. The check in and out was quick. This is all expected.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Still the best hotel we've stayed at

The sausage was a little salty, walls a little thinner than I remember we could here a couple having sex when we checked in (didn't bother us too much we made our own noise and it covered it up) would have preferred the third floor again could hear people walking around outside our room that was across from the stairwell

Bed and room were super comfy, staff is kind and professional, breakfast still has the best waffles that are even better if you put chocolate chip on them, really nice fluffy pillows

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Good hotel ,will stay here again

Not a lot to do around there . Maids come knocking on the door at 9 am and woke us up.

Check-in was fast ,front desk staff was courteous . We asked for a late check-out and it was not a problem . Good size rooms and cleanliness was good . Overall a good hotel

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Not impressed and even hated staying there

I was put in a room next to a construction room, banging noice all day starts at 8am. I wonder why they put me there even I made a reservation ahead of time with booking.com? I asked front desk and the answer I got was sorry but too bad...

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

- Close to highway and thus to hotspots of LA (c.

- No toilet brush - No dishes

- Close to highway and thus to hotspots of LA (c.30mins) - Supermarket, gas station, snack shops (McDonalds, KFC etc.) around the corner - Room well equipped with nearly everything one could need - Metro station close by

Comfortable and spacious rooms. A bit noisy from street

I left my nice leather belt in room, and when we call to ask for it they told us they didn't have it! Also, the street was noisy, with big trucks parked right in front of our room, with their engines going.

The room was very spacious and comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Roaches in pillowcase. Blood on sheets. Dirty!!!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

2.5 is the minimum. Booking.com won't allow 0. This place deserves a zero. There were roaches in the pillowcases & blood on the sheets. It smelled like cigarettes even though I reserved a non-smoking room. The smell was so strong, my child was vomiting. There were a lot of questionable people loitering around the hotel, and women dressed like prostitutes hanging around. We were terrified. The lady at the front desk was so rude about my concerns. Then they accidentally charged me three times for one night and told me they couldn't do anything about it. I have to file a fraud claim with my bank to get my money back. They charged my bank account well over $300 by mistake for only one night in a roach motel!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Great stay!

Great stay! Close to the highway so you can get up and go. Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was a great beginning to a busy day! Rooms were very clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Fantastic Experience

Only negative is our room didn't have a microwave. But the lobby had one and it was open early & late.

From the minute we walked in, our stay was amazing. The room smelled and looked super clean. The beds & pillows were super comfy. The rooms were nicely renovated. The tv channels were better than expected. The pool and jacuzzi were just what we needed at the end of the day. Breakfast was amazing. Totally hit all of our spots (which is a miracle in itself ). The staff was over the top friendly and helpful! They all are fantastic! From the two ladies at the front desk, all the way to the ladies that clean the rooms/facilities, and whom take care of the fantastic breakfast. They were all amazing and we appreciate them all!! Thanks for an amazing experience. We will definitely be back.

Great quality-price value.

Great quality-price value. The beds were very comfortable and the service was excellent.

Helpful ladies on the check in and out good location for...

More healthy options for breakfast

Helpful ladies on the check in and out good location for price smart room. Breakfast included

It was a great location and we felt safe.

It was a great location and we felt safe. The breakfast was excellent.

iwould come back

Very nice

I didn’t like the pool.

I didn’t like the pool. It was too cold. Would have been nice if the water was warmed especially when there is no sun

everything was good

parking lot not enough room

everything was good

Very nice hotel clean

Nothing bad to say

Very nice hotel clean

Recommend best western to anybody

For the price nothing

Every thing nice& clean microwave & refrigerator in room really great Free breakfast in morning awesome

The Cockroaches

The Cockroaches

Food was great bed was soft

Loud guest

Food was great bed was soft

2 day stay not problems

Nothing I didn’t like. Motel was great for price.

Clean older motel. Nothing special but nothing wrong. Pool was nice.

My stay was a toss up between Double Tree hotel in Norwalk or best western, right choice for me

Sausage was not cooked well, bacon was delicious

Bed was extremely comfortable, breakfast menu had a good variety.

Good

Size of the room

Good choice for the money

Quite noisy due to closeness to street

Check in/out was smooth

I would stay again

Lots of excessive noises

The room was bigger than I expected. Beds were comfy.

We had a very comfortable and affordable stay at this BW motel.

All was good.

Very clean. Recently updated paint, decor, bed. Good breakfast variety!

Clean and comfortable

Clean and comfortable

Bed and pillows

Everything was fine

Bed and pillows

Best stay in California

Privacy and breakfast was on point with polite staff

It is good place to stay.

The window faces to aisle so is not really open.

The bed is comfortbale.The traffic is convenient.

Bathroom supplies were half there and half used, not...

Bathroom supplies were half there and half used, not refreshed from last guest.

Awesome.

Main light was out in our room.

Size of room for an inn was larger and nicer than expected.

Clean.

No complaints.

Clean.

Great value around northern Los Angeles
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Noise outside, due to parking lot

Staffs are nice

Great place to stay

Cleanliness

Great room, excellent staff

Great room, excellent staff

Good avarage hotel.

The sink was inside the room, so no privacy

Parking was included. The breakfast was ok.

Thanks

Staff and the friendly service

Very nice staff friendly and helpful. I would recommend this property.

Nothing i didn't like very nice.

Very clean

Loved the Best Western Norwalk

The staff were good. Just my sort of hotel. Comfortable clean

Everything was great

Nothing. Things were great

Everything was great

Really good

Very small breakfast room!

Clean, comfortable and convenient location. Breakfast was perfect and staff helpful.

I liked there

Clean and comfortable rooms, parking, staff.

Good free continental breakfast!

Good free continental breakfast! Allowed us to early check in with no issues.

good

too small

clean

Very relaxing

Did not have breakfast.

Perfect

Everything is ok

Great locati

A lot of the tv channels didn't work

Very clean