Reviews of Best Western of Long Beach 3 stars

1725 Long Beach Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90813, USA

#25 of 60 hotels in Long Beach

I know this isn't staffs fault but I was on the second floor and the room above there was someone pacing up and down the room all night, I had to knock up on the ceiling it was bad I'm not used to having someone pacing all night this really sucked!!!!

The rooms were clean

Since the nearby restaurants were not all that appealing I wish the breakfast could of been a little bit more extensive with healthier option such as including more fruit, other than that it was great

Great room everything was clean

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I couldn't sleep because the people above me were up all night & I could hear every step they made.

My son liked the breakfast. Everything was great I only had 1 issue that would keep me from coming back.

I didn't like that my room smelled like the previous guest smoked something in it and then the cleaning staff tried to use strong cleaner to get it out but ended up only adding to the smell.

Breakfast was yummy. Hotel was conveniently located by the metro. Room was clean and quiet.

The parking being limited to one stall and street parking for guests was not cool and in a not so desirable location of town

Breakfast was horrible. Cold and dirty

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was dusty & the front desk clerk was rude for no reason.

The room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable and I love the organic soap.

There was ethnic music coming from outside that was on until after 2:00 am. It was hard to sleep with that noise all night.

Everything was clean and the staff was nice.

Great customer service. I checked in a little early with no hassle. The front desk clerk was friendly, professional and even made convesation about the event i was attending while in town! Breakfast was delicious and a bonus!

The Suite was next to the Main Street, with a Tram Station. So there was to much noise to get enough sleep. Interrior and decoration seemed old.

Getting an Upgrade to a suite gor free was good in the first place. So we had a lot of space. Room was clean. The people there a very kind!

• King Room with Sofa

Maybe a change in hot food choice at breakfast would be good.

Free breakfast was adequate and found all the hotel staff friendly. Rooms were cleaned everyday. Would recommend this hotel.

They didn't remind me about the facilities - I didn't realise there was a pool until I was checking out! It's not within walking distance of downtown Long Beach.

It was quick and easy to get to downtown Long Beach using the Metro located next to the hotel. This saved on me having a car.

• King Room with Sofa

Wish there was some nicer restaurants closer.

Everything was great. Huge room. Good breakfast. Free shuttle to cruise. Very clean and comfortable.excellent.

At the beginning the person that check me in wasn’t too friendly but that changed after interacting with other members my experience changed. The lady working at the breakfast buffet was super nice :) the place was clean.

The room looked clean, but when I woke up the next morning I was bitten by something and thought it was a mosquito bite. Later on in the day it was starting to swell. When I woke up the following day it was oozing puss and was very swollen. Definitely a spider bite. Location was VERY noisy.

Check in was easy. Too easy.

Nothing..

It was a last minute booking for somewhere to stay the night before we flew out of LAX, parking was excellent, and no problem and no fee... 20mins approximately drive from LAX. we were upgraded to a suite on arrival, which was absolutely lovely, very spacious and ideal for sorting out or suitcases prior to flying out. The breakfast exceeded our expectations, fresh and continually topped throughout the breakfast time, nothing ran out. The metro stop was right outside the door of the hotel if you wanted to go down long beach, or into LA (parking anywhere in LA is horrendous and expensive anywhere). The front desk were friendly and so helpful, they printed off boarding passes for me.

Nothing to say negative

Staff was friendly and Very accomodating. Rooms were clean and bath/beauty essentials were on point. Breakfast was amazing.

Staff was very kind and accommodating. They allowed us to leave our car to attend the festival we had planned on attending since we arrived too early to check into our room.

• King Room with Sofa

Only drawback is the neighborhood. If you are staying before or after a cruise this hotel is perfect. If you have a car, perfect. Do not take the tram across from the hotel, it goes through some of LA's worst areas.

Close to the Queen Mary where my wife's youngest son is getting married tomorrow. Congrats to Jacob & Katlin it was a present stay at this Hotel not just the greatest area of Long Beach but secure. NO ISSUES

• King Room with Sofa

It was a little dated but clean and comfortable. It's in an older part of the town and the neighborhood is a little rough with the possibility of being unsafe at night.

Close to where I needed to be. Staff was attentive and helpful. I accidentally booked 2 rooms and they easily managed my mistake without a fuss or penalty.

The area of town is not great.

Indoor hotel, recent remodel, close to train for easy transport, breaskfast in am was a nice touch. Staff were polite and efficient.

• King Room with Sofa

Booking.com screwed up our reservation totally. The hotel had no record notwithstanding that we had email confirmation from Booking.com. We had to pay the hotel directly for the room.

Staff!!! Free shuttle to LA cruise terminal Pier 92, San Pedro.

• King Room with Sofa

That the hotel was next to a train/tram line. The noise kept me up most of the night before I had to go to work the next day. I asked for a reciept at the end of my stay as it was a business trip. They couldn't give me one because they said I had paid through a 3rd party, even though the two previous BW hotels I had stayed at in the fortnight previously gave me one. I am still looking for a reciept for this hotel to provide to my employers.

The bathroom was pretty clean

The breakfast was ok and plenty of it but just lacked more hot choices. Only scrambled egg and sausage available.

Next to the metro station, helpful staff. Large rooms.

The elevator (one of them) was a little "tired". It did get us there.

Breakfast was just what I'm used to. Every thing was very clean and all the servers were very friendly and respectful.

We arrived late at night due to a delay in our travel plans. There were some people in property who did not appear to be guests - they put us on edge as appeared to be locals, we were worried for reception staff . Taxi driver warned us area was unsafe to go out onto street so didn’t feel very safe . I booked this hotel as it had received good reviews from previous guests who were using for pre cruise as we were. I felt much happier once on board ship !

We didn’t have breakfast

• King Room with Sofa

Slightly concerned that the windows opened so wide as we were on the top floor( but we are so used to UK strict health and safety requirements)however it was good to allow the fresh air in.

Very comfortable bed,beautifully sized room complete with relaxing armchairs, microwave, table and chairs and office desk. Good views from windows. Excellent breakfast especially the scrambled egg.

• King Room with Sofa

Breakfast felt rather limited. Not enough variation, same every day. Staff for breakfast seemed a bit fed up and like they didn't want to be there (all the other staff were lovely!). The local area is very rough, so do be careful. I didn't feel comfortable being outside at night in the local area. Obviously this is not the hotel's fault, and I felt fine travelling around during the day.

Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. A very enjoyable experience. Would definitely use again.

• King Room with Sofa

The location was in a little bit of a scary area that you drive through to get there but everything else was very nice. The view from our room was looking at a not very nice area of town .

It was very clean and they were very accommodating for our very large group leaving to go on a cruise the next day.

• King Room - Disability Access

The area is a bit shady at night, but otherwise okay. Also a bit more infortmation on transport would be helpful.

It felt homely, I was comfortable and relaxed.

• King Room with Sofa

This hotel was a little more than I wanted to spend but I booked last minute and it is a nice hotel.

Staff was friendly. The complementary breakfast (not really cuz you did pay for it with your stay) exceeded my expectations. Parking was easy, room was large and clean. No complaints.

a complementary afternoon snack would have been good

the breakfast as a whole was delicious and filling, not a continental breakfast, but a full breakfast

I made reservations for a second night but when I called to conferm the person at the desk said I didn't have reservations and the price was 50 dollars higher than what I had paid just days earlier. This didn't make my day.Not good business practices.

Location was o.k. Room was nice. Breakfast was good.

The area itself is not great. If you have a car and want to use it as a base then it's fine. They also have laundry facilities on site which is great and the car park at the back is locked overnight which is reassuring. Swimming pool next to main road. Good Air con!

I left my expensive headphones in the safe. The manager found them the following morning and I was able to go and collect them after I made initial inquiries. Very honest friendly staff.

• King Room - Disability Access

look on above for answer

the bed was rock hard, very uncomfortable, was noisy location next to main street with train track across the street, very bad parking for someone driving a pickup, they had a parking garage under ground but won't fit a truck with normal tires, had to park out on street in front hotel, last time for this place for me

• King Room - Disability Access

The facility is located in not so safe looking neighborhood. Room floor and ceiling were not clean as well. Several dogs live in the neighborhood and they did a lot of barking!

The bed and towels were cleaned and replaced daily. I was on top floor did not hear any neighboring sounds from rooms.

The staff was terrible. Unfriendly. And you're limited to 1 car in the lot and so they told us to park on the street. And our bathroom tub was dirty on the sides.

• King Room with Sofa

On my 3rd night there I found a cockroach running all around my bed.

I liked the convenience and location insofar as being so close to a lot of the major attractions.

• King Room with Sofa

Older facility, but well taken care of. Neighbor may have been questionable, but I didn't explore so it really didn't affect me.

The staff was nice. The food was good. The free shuttle was a plus. Windows that opened!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• King Room with Sofa

There were no problems .... however, I was told at check in that when I left my points would be added .... that didn't happen.

Everything was fine. Food was good. Parking was excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The cost!!

Why did you charge $ 240.00 for two nights? I that is out rages!! Could have stayed at one of donald trumps hotels for that much money!!

Not a very good location - kind of scary at night. The room was very dated and felt shabby. The toilet barely flushed.

A decent continental breakfast was provided.

I requested an early check in several times. They couldn't accommodate us at all.

Nice hotel and liked that it had a pool and workout facility. There was no restaurant there.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa

The location, didn't want to go in the pool because the fence is low and people from the muffler shop and the metro link can see you. Maybe an enclosure would help.

The bed and pillows were wonderful! I had an excellent nights sleep. Breakfast was great

The walls and windows didnt have a great sound barrier. Street noise was loud during the day, the good news was no noise at night disturbed me. Breakfast staff were more focused on task than allowing the customer to get in and get what they need to get out of the breakfast room. An example I can share, they have 2 machines one that makes pancakes and one that makes waffles and in that area of the room it is in a tight corner with a cold fridge that holds fruit, boiled eggs and chocolate chips. I wanted to make a chocloate chip waffle and I pulled them out of the fridge and before I could use them the staff put them back in the fridge. They were right in front of me and they reached across me to put them away. I waited to get them out again and before you knew it, there she was, grabbing at those chocolate chips. Im on a vacation, the last thing I want to do is have an argument over a self serve meal. I let it go, but as you can see, I remember. Customer Service and a little refresher training would be helpful.

My stay at the Best Western was a happy one. An older hotel that has been modernized with comfy beds and newer bathroom amenities. A good working elevator, great parking, easy access to everything. Breakfast provided was good, could be amazing given a little more effort. Lots of staff, almost too attentive were constantly filling trays even before items ran out. Had a small complaint about a soap dispenser but they sent someone right away to resolve the problem. Internet access via the wifi was easy to use and the signal was moderately ok.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• King Room with Sofa

Facility is showing wear; I would really upgrade the flimsy utensils in the breakfast room and the bed linens.

Excellent shower, comfortable bed, service by staff ...fine. Very convenient and free parking.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The staff that were mentioned. Shuttle drivers (useless) not helpful. The rest of the front desk employees (useless when asking for help or ideas).

The breakfast and the front desk lady, also the continental breakfast staff were nice.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Poor location backing to apartments with many homeless and working girls nearby. Staff did not know how to manually run a credit card. Description of room as "2 bedroom suite" misleading. Updates were inconsistent, no maid service, loud, small t.v, only one elevator and button on 3rd floor didn't not work so you had to go up to go down, not enough parking. WAY too expensive for what I recieved.

Room was clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

Entry door to the room dragged on the carpet and was extremely difficult to push open. The hotel is in a very seedy area and is unsafe to walk around outside of the property boundaries

The breakfast was good and the eating room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• King Room with Sofa

I was stuck in a terrible storm unable to go home as planned. This was one of a few hotels with rooms available. I didn't have Internet access so booked in person. I was charged over $139 but when checked in and using wifi I discovered I could have booked it for much less through the hotel website. I felt gouged. Also, the hotel is on a very busy street and traffic noise is quite loud. This is a 2 star at best

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• King Room with Sofa

Location . . . Need security, someone tried to take off the new locking system and use a card to enter my room, but I caught him and he disapeared down the hall . . .

Very helpful woman working nights, on both stays . . .

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• King Room with Sofa

the location was not good. thought it was closer to downtown long beach. and the beach in general. it did not feel like a safe place to be at during the evening hrs. or anytime after the sun goes down. and no good restaurants in this location to walk to.

There were no croissants. The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

The hotel is located in a sketchy area.

They had a shuttle from the airport to the hotel property. A shuttle was available to take you to downtown Long Beach and to the cruise ship pier. The staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The air freshener they use was very over powering in the rooms, fortunately there was a window we could open to try to get rid of the smell. Otherwise it was great.

The rooms were nicer than what we originally thought when saw on the website. The gym was great

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• King Room with Sofa

There was nothing really objectionable about the hotel.

Good value for money. The hotel is of a reasonable standard and serves well as an overnight stopover

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The staff was very friendly and helpful! The shuttle service to the cruise terminal was AMAZING and our driver was so friendly on the ride to the cruise terminal and when he picked us up after our cruise!!

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

This hotel was convenient for everything especially if you are going on a cruise. Free shuttle to the port and back if you are going back to the same one

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

neighborhood

At time of booking there was contrasting info between what you could book with Booking and what the hotel could deliver. The conclusion was that Booking was no where to be found while the mistake was there's. The hotel, thanks to Marco, solved the issue with a free upgrade!!! We have been very grateful for that. A big bummer for Booking! Great shuttle service for LGB airport and downtown.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

The room air-conditioning did not work, and this made our night's stay extremely uncomfortable. Otherwise staff were freindly and other services were good.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The breakfast area is really stuffy and the table and chairs were a little dirty from not being wiped down after each use. Also the Hotel is right in front of a bus stop so I was a little uneasy at night walking in and out of the hotel.

I had a concern about my room. Called the front desk and the addresses the matter super fast.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Needs updating. Parking is horrendous. Pool is tiny & away from the property. Deep end is 4 1/2 ft. Ran out of syrup at breakfast. Older kids running through halls at 11:30 pm. Old furniture/fixtures. Way to expensive for this type of accommodation.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• King Room with Sofa

Pillow cases were not crisp (as if they were used) when i first came inside the room; Breakfast Sausages were not refilled on the buffet table even if the server was aware that it had ran out...

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• King Room with Sofa

Location isn't the best but hotel made us feel great!

Very accommodating. Had a shuttle reservation ready for us to the business event we were attending. Staff was amazing and rooms were clean!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

we got tired of waiting for elevator and took stairway. Maybe stairways could be marked in parking lot. I did not check but does all exit signs in lower parking mean stairway into Hotel? or are some safety exits just to get out of lower level.

• King Room with Sofa

Terrible breakfast, very noise room, old and noise air conditioning in room.

Position

More time for breakfast.

Parking.

The pillows were small and too hard

Breakfast and shuttle to Long Beach Cruise Port

Breakfast is as sub-par, and noisy late at nite.

Parking

The breakfast was only till 9:30 am

Right next to the metro! And free parking!!

• King Room - Disability Access

Carpet looked smelled and looked filthy

The service from staff during the day wasn't that great. The lady from the the night shift was the friendliest 🙂

• King Room with Sofa

The eggs were too salty, the bed was good soft, but the few fruits were old.. apples oranges but not bananas.

Breakfast is very good! Rooms are clean and spacious. Highly recommended, especially if you are travelling by car.

Cool place