Reviews of Best Western Oxnard Inn 3 stars

1156 South Oxnard Boulevard, Oxnard, CA 93030, USA

#8 of 12 hotels in Oxnard

Everything was great !

The hot tub was too hot for me!

Everything was great !the beds were very comfortable! the AC worked beautifully ! the towels were very clean ! The breakfast was delicious and well stocked and managed.

The staff was horrible.

The staff was horrible. Hyma was awful. We stayed 5 notes and multiple rooms. He would call the room as soon as we walked in from the pool. To say the pool is only for guests. We were guest.

Quiet comfortable and great!

Very quiet and clean! Loved the pet friendly room and area for his relief! Good breakfast . all staff Very friendly and helpful! Gladly recommend to friends and family.

A convenient stop over

No lift to upper floor, had to lug heavy cases up stairs

Was a convenient overnight stop on our trip up the Pacific Coast Found a great restaurant The Rhumb Line' about 10 min drive away at the marina.

Not fun.

The rugs in the room were filthy. When I took a shower the tub was black from the dirt on my feet. I wore socks the rest of the time I was in the room.

Friendly staff.

My stay at first western inn was very groovy
    • King Room - Smoking

I felt like i needed to be very couscous of braking anything. It kinda made the room feel a little bit uncomfortable to sit in becouse it made me feel like i needed to not touch anything. I also found a spider crawling near the window. Nothing too bad, but its a little scary.

The room was really nice. I enjoyed my night, and i woke up well rested. I definetly got my moneys worth with wifi, air conditioning, and a well cept room.

On a whole the stay was pleasant for a weekend stay.

Air conditioner was cold but because it was so close to the bed near the window, its was very cold in that bed and the next bed was hot. A/C location is not good.

Clean, housekeeping was attentive

Good place to stay - very central to all naval establishments and museums.
    • King Room - Smoking

nothing to complain about.

The staff were friendly and helpful - The room was nice and clean. Plenty of goodies available in the dispensing machines. Well equiped Gym. Lots of places to eat- Dominos pizza across the road- Macky D's 4/5 minutes walk away. Plenty of restaurants.

Overall Excelent stay! I enjoyed the weight room.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Curtains in bedroom on the lower level do not close all the way. As a woman traveling alone this made me feel like I wasn't safe. I was in room #104.

Breakfast was Great! The Attendant was clean and watchful to keep all items full.

Not great
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Loud aircon, loud fridge. Could hear what was going on in the room next to me and above me. In a poor area with nothing to do.

The room was spacious and the free parking

We stayed one night here with our three young children.

We stayed one night here with our three young children. Our stay was comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful. We took the recommendation of the person at the front desk and dined at a local Mexican restaurant for dinner which was great. The breakfast isn't what we would normally eat -mass produced/processed but seems typical of breakfast's in the middle of the line hotels in America thus far on our trip.

The room was nice.

I was unhappy about being charged $40.00 for our dog to stay there with us. I wouldn't have stayed there if I had known about that charge. The room was a nice motel room, but a bit too expensive.

The room was nice. Comfortable

Great stay - would definitely go back.

I had a nice time here. The bed was very comfortable, there were plenty of channels to choose from, the room was spacious, and it was extremely handy to have the fridge and microwave in-room. The pool and hot tub were also great - I swam every day I was there. Clean towels were available at the poolside so I didn't have to get my regular room towels wet. Both the pool and hot tub had chair lifts for ease of access for anyone with physical limitations/injuries. Tip: in case your sat nav doesn't recognize the 1156 S. Oxnard Blvd address, try 1156 Pacific Coast Highway.

AWESOME!!

I've stayed at other Best Westerns and the breakfast selections were very limited.

Everything was great in the room, property. Staff was professional and housekeeping was excellent.

Good option for the price

Non fluffy pillows and bed didn't feel like a queen size bed. Loud train passing through town early in the morning that rattled our sleep. Found a large bug in the bathroom

Hot breakfast each morning with a good selection of items

Comfortable
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

We had to park further away from our building/room when we got back late at night. There were construction trucks that literally parked across 4 parking spaces. Couldn't pull up my email using computer in office Internet was so slow kept searching I gave up. Wished there was an elevator I have a knee meducal issue, no rooms on ground level hotel full.

Loved the bed very comfy, great selection for breakfast.

The Inn is located in the industrial area and next to the...

The Inn is located in the industrial area and next to the rail road. Most of the place was occupied by the construction workers who work in the area and rent the inn for long stays. In the middle of the day, the train horn sound was unbearable. The pillow cases were stained. That ruined our whole vacation. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights but canceled and stayed for only one night. The pictures of the inn on the booking.com were not the pictures of this property. False advertisement.

Check in reception was attentive & friendly.

Staff at breakfast on reception was rude. Actual staff serving breakfast were friendly. Not enough seating in relation to accomodation. Had to wait over 10 mins for a seat.

Check in reception was attentive & friendly. Large pool and spa pool. Pancake maker was a hit

Nice room and facilities for the price; centrally located in oxnard

Only complaint was the carpet in the room was extremely dirty. Even though in good shape bottom of feet or socks were almost blackened within minutes.

Overall very clean, staff friendly, facilities including the pool were very nice, good breakfast and central location.

Good, but not great

Room was like an oven when we checked in. It took several hours for the air conditioner to cool it to less than the surface of the sun. Pet fee is also very high, $40.

Very comfortable king bed. Room was a nice size.

Excellent Best Western with helpful, courteous staff.
    • King Room - Smoking

Only 1 ice machine which was used heavily on the holiday & was empty for most of my 2nd day.

Staff was top notch. Breakfast was adequate but would improve water in eggs & hardly cooked bacon. I WILL happily rebook at this facility again for business or pleasure. Great wood floors for cleanliness.!!

We will warn everyone to stay away from this location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Manager should have called the police, and refunded our money for at least that one night.

The most horrible experience I ever had. Foreigners yelling outside our room. We had to call the front desk twice to have him come out and tell them to keep it down, keep quiet. They continued loud yelling and carrying on. So then, one of them banged on our door, twice! What would they do if we opened the door? Two women on the first floor, they could have harmed us. I wanted to call the police. Thinking back on it, I should have. Went to front desk, manager said there is nothing he can do about this. He did not seem too concerned about our welfare at all. Found out from our family friends afterwards that this hotel is notoriously known for drug trafficking, etc. It was a nightmare.

Very short. In a bad area of town. Overpriced. Will only book with the hotel itself in the future

I discovered that I could have gotten the room for less if only booking WITH the hotel itself. AAA and AARP was not honored.

Breakfast only until 9AM. Who gets up that early on a weekend vacation?

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Last resort

Jaime at the front desk was unknowledgeable, rude, unclear, and little to no attention to detail. The neighborhood is quite scary. The pool and spa area isn't tucked away or hidden. I felt uncomfortable with the area, the staff wasn't welcoming. Definitely my last resort.

Cleanliness

Good place to stay

Just the location.

I was a little concerned with the area. I walked in and voiced my concern but after talking to the clerk I was fine. He made the stay a much more pleasent experience than I gave it at first glance.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Very good stay and very nice room.

We prefer carpet on the floors and the room had a new wood floor. The floor was new and clean but we prefer carpets.

The room had a great bed and a good shower. There were vending machines nearby.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

very disappointed with my stay. Parking in front by main road with no security and as stated above.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

GOT A SMALL "TO GO " bag as breakfast...... Lobby was in remodel; no place to meet but room. no compensation for the inconvenience!!

Are you kidding--there was NO breakfast ' just a small "to go" bag!!!

The rooms were nice and big gived me and my partner the...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't enjoy the breakfast it made me sick.

The rooms were nice and big gived me and my partner the spaces we need. I loved the sized of the bed how big it was.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

No there was no breakfast all we got was a to go bag when we...

1. Notify us your customer of any kind of construction that is going on in your establishment 2. Provide better breakfast options or a free night stay on the house or a free upgrade for the next stay.

No there was no breakfast all we got was a to go bag when we paid for breakfast that was very poor

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

A story of how I lost 50$ in this hotel...
    • King Room - Smoking

Guess this is where I should mention that there is a magic 50$ missing from my account to this establishment, and no one (corporate or at the location) can explain to me why? Incidentals are 50$ and i paid 134 for my room. So 184 yes? Nope. 234 off my card. And no one knows whether or not the extra 50$ will be returned... or why it was charged.. or how it was charged...

Nothing. Don't stay here right now, the construction that's going on is so loud, it's out of the way, and it's on a weird busy street. Pay a lil more for something closer to amenities!

They were doing construction so they were not doing...

I didn't like that they put s $50 hold on my credit card for any potential damages or thief. I was told it will be released 3-5 business day. I've stayed at other best westerns and that has never happened to me before.

They were doing construction so they were not doing breakfast they were doing grab n go bags. I booked with best western because of the free breakfast. Had I known about the construction I would have stayed at another best western.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Don't stay

No breakfast as is announced just a paper bag with: Water,apple,banana,small bread,super small cup of coffee. ..... $145 for that? Is worthless I will NEVER use this hotel and I will not recommend any of my business partners

Room excelente

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

the jacuzzi was the best part of the stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

The pool wasn't heated and I had to change my room because there was no elevator access to the 2nd floor.

the jacuzzi was the best part of the stay.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Great room, Great service

The shower & toilet were plugged up the 1st morning.

I liked the bed, the microwave, the stove & the fridge. The flat screen was very nice & so was the bed. Heater worked well :)

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Undisclosed and expensive pet fees!

Pet charge of $40 each for our 2 small white dogs, was not disclosed on their website or through Trio Advisor. When complained and asked to have manager reduce to one fee, they said no. Will never stay there again and recommend others with pets avoid this rip off!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

John and Jean's Oxnard Golf Trip

Pillows a little lumpy.

The facility was very clean. The rooms were small but adequate and very clean. The shower had plenty of water pressure and no shortage of hot water. The breakfast was much better than I anticipated. I expected a few pieces of fruit some bread and a toaster along with coffee and tea. There were scrambled eggs, toaster and least 5 different bread types. Hot coffee, hot water, a pancake maker, instant oatmeal. Cereals as well as bananas and apples. We were surprised. The only complaint was the pillows were a little lumpy. Overall an excellent value.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Breakfast was good and room was quiet.
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bed was uncomfortable (too firm). My son and his wife stayed in another room and that was his comment also.

Breakfast was good and room was quiet. Coffee in room is a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

The breakfast was from 6am/9am it finished to early...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Next to hotel their is a empty lot where homeless people live and they where making it impossible to sleep all night.

The breakfast was from 6am/9am it finished to early especially if you are just haven't sleped because of all the noise outside all night.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Our room was clean, adequately appointed, close to our...

Not much actually, although, beyond mgmt control, seemed like everyone showed up around the same time for breakfast:)

Our room was clean, adequately appointed, close to our destination(s) family, etc.visiting a few nearby destinations such as Santa Barbara zoo, etc. Considering Oxnard, it is a good value and decent room and location with close proximity to other areas of the city, freeways, etc.

I recommend this place ib future, I love everything, nice and clean, it' was a good family time

Everything was fine

I love swimming pool It's was awesome and comfortable stay with my family

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Overall the hotel was great!
    • King Room with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

the sheet sheet smell chlorine causing my skins to scratch.

very clean.

The beds and inside the room was clean.

There were homeless people sleeping around the property. Breakfast was good except for the eggs.

The beds and inside the room was clean.

Awesome

I liked everything

The place was remodeled since I was there last , and they did an excellent job , the bed is really comfortable too

Pool,whirlpool outstanding.

Pool,whirlpool outstanding.they had very good laundry facilities and a super car park. Breakfast was good too. Friendly staff

Very clean and staff was very friendly

Really busy location

Very clean and staff was very friendly

Thre was a security feeling.

Room Odor and lack of connection and elevators.

Thre was a security feeling. Fairly clean plenty parking spots.

We have stayed there before.

We have stayed there before.

Staff very friendly and helpful.
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Parking very tight, if any. Breakfast was very minimal compared to other hotels in same price range.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Loud, AMTRAC not far away,

Loud, AMTRAC not far away,

An excellent property to stay with family

Everything was great

The propery was clean, the room was confortable and the person on the front desk was friendly and attentive.

I would definitely stay again.

Clean, friendly, comfortable and a nice buffet free breakfast.

• King Room - Smoking

Not able to use the gym, the elliptical was down and the...

Not able to use the gym, the elliptical was down and the other one was in use. Breakfast ended at 9:00AM.

Good stay overall
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Wanted to wash and dry my clothes but both were broken A bit pricey I thought

Breakfast was good Staff was nice and helpful

Pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel is.

Excellent value.

I would recommend it to my friends.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was very comfortable. Rooms very clean.

Close to wedding we went to

Not enough breakfast and eves were cold both days :(

This was not the best Best Westerville have stayed at it was ok

Bed was not comfortable.

Bed was not comfortable.

I would stay there again with better pricing

My neighbors were too loud at times

Lots of pillows, big beautiful TV, refrigerator, microwave and spacious room

good access to other areas and shopping

good access to other areas and shopping

Our stay in Ventura

The neighborhood and a lot of druggies stayed there. Smells like marijuana

The pool

Trip to Oxnard

Good airconditioning and best pool. Breakfast was loverly. Room was comfortable.

The check in was fast and pleasant.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

The check in was fast and pleasant. The clerk offered free parking to go to the cowboys training camp. Love the free breakfast

West coast road vacation 2017

Location not brilliant.

Reasonable breakfast for the money. Variety was adequate. Quantity and quality of food fairly good.

location is great - very close to beach and outlet shops

location is great - very close to beach and outlet shops

Great breakfast, comfortable beds, nice pool and easy check...

Great breakfast, comfortable beds, nice pool and easy check in.

Decent a bit pricey (weekend rate)
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Construction crew had a loud party

Clean rooms and polite staff good breakfast

staff was great

staff was great

short trip enjoyed area.

no problems.

good location close to train station and metro if going to los angeles. close to shopping areas. quiet rooms.

Good time with good friends
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Rooms were very nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Great place to stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

It would be nice if breakfast could last until 10:00am.

The hotel was very good as was the breakfast.

Good weekend getaway.

Helpful staff during check in and check out. Comfortable beds and clean room.

Loved it! Beds were very comfy and the staff was very nice.

The extra charge for my pet!

Bed was amazing, and the staff was great.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

disappointed

oder in room noise from other guest remote didnt work

convinience of location

Great room for the price

The breakfast was very good had a great variety from scrambled eggs to pancakes yogurt fruit toast. The room was clean and quiet.