Reviews of Best Western Pasadena Inn 2 stars

3570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91107, USA

#9 of 30 hotels in Pasadena

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Welcoming staff.

There are no elevators. There were a few ants in the bath tub but nothing too serious. Better ants than cockroaches and bed bugs.

Welcoming staff. Clean bedroom/bathroom. Room was cold when we checked in. Hot continental breakfast. Enough parking. Good cable. Good wifi. Clean facilities.

Good breakfast area and many choices

Bed was not comfy I added my boyfriends name to the reservation. When I checked in, I had no reservation. They found me due to me adding his name.

Good breakfast area and many choices

Overall our stay did not represent good value for money

The towels were small and thin. The breakfast was horrible. The hospitality tray was inadequate. Southern California has a water shortage, but there was no provision for a sink plug. Brainless!!

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable . The location was good for our visit to Huntington Gardens.

Very clean room, plenty of supplies (shampoo, shower gel,...

Hotel a little bit dated, but well maintained. Breakfast was pretty simple.

Very clean room, plenty of supplies (shampoo, shower gel, etc). Friendly staff and convenient location.

Good stay, I would recommend to friends

Breakfast was very good, but some additional items would be great too.

We really liked the whirpool that was opened until 11 pm ,which was nice. We got to the property around 9 pm, took a quick shower and relaxed by the swimming pool. The rooms are updated and clean. The only suggestion I can make is to add some variety to the breakfast, maybe add some hot options. Overall good experience.

Comfortable hotel with kind staff

Room not very spacious. Hotel in general not too modern.

Nice location in Pasadena a very good area of LA, good external swimming pool, reasonably good WiFi.

Clean room, organized very well, creativity of room...

Room was not ready when we arrived

Clean room, organized very well, creativity of room amenities, very comfortable and clean. The room was fresh no aroma of smoke. Very comfortable and staff very helpful

Rewiews dont always tell the whole story

Older motel, went off previous comments, inturn expected better. Room was average size, bathroom needed some repair

Staff was kind enough to allow me to cancel the other nights so I can find somewhere else

1- location was very good

unfortunately, I liked everything :)

1- location was very good 2- very quite 3- lovely staff 4- this motel will be my first choice whenever I am visiting LA

Bad area and too much money for the room

Not a safe area. The breakfast room was small and crowded and the food area difficult to get to. The rooms are old and old blankets used and worn. The carpets need replacing. The air conditioner was set at 60 yet the room was muggy, stuffy and smelled musty

. Staff was pleasant is the only redeeming quality.

Very poor hygiene, I found dirty wineglasses next to the bed...

Very poor hygiene, I found dirty wineglasses next to the bed, hairs on pillows and blankets. there are many better options in the area. rude staff, poor customer relations. would not recommend under any circumstances.

Very comfortable!

The parking. Every space was small and some cars were parked wrong.

I loved everything. Honestly I slept very comfortable here than where I stayed through an AirBnb a friend got a few days before.

Excellent stay for the price

The bed could have been softer and a microwave in the room would have been ideal.

My son and I stay in hotels frequently due to his acting. This hotel was very clean, decorated nicely, staff was friendly, easy access to the freeways, great variety of breakfast options, good parking, felt safe, quiet

Great ! would book it again

No microwave in the room and not enough seating in breakfast room., it was pretty packed at 8 am.

Very clean hotel friendly staff and great Continental breakfast . .. they replenished things promptly when items were low.. they had a variety of foods that all the kids liked.

It was a nice quiet room staff was excellent and efficient...

Parking from other quests

It was a nice quiet room staff was excellent and efficient they let us check in early m check out late..my only complaint is parking which is mot the hotels fault there were 6 cars that took up 2 spaces n we had to park far away from our room

I would stay there again; especially if they were to offer me a discount!

They were helpful and courteous. They were accommodating. They maintain the pool in the hot tub very well. I should note that the hot tub also accommodates a handicapped person, as it has a chair that can be submerged and lifted from the hot tub

The breakfast was good.

Security on the hotel. There is no onsite security on the premises, there was a homeless guy roaming on the property and peeping into rooms.

The breakfast was good. However, the breakfast room was too small to accommodate many guests.

I like the location of the property to my business.

I didn't know where to get the breakfast. I wasn't told. When I went to the area where I turned in my key, the breakfast wasn't there. So, I had no idea. I was placed near families with young children. They ran around shouting after 10:30 PM for over 30 minutes. I realize that isn't late. However, this was a business trip and I needed to get up early. I didn't get a restful sleep. There was a dirty washcloth on the shower curtain rail...gross! and unidentified hairs on the bedspread.

I like the location of the property to my business.

Great, clean motel.

A bit pricey and prices even went up when some famous band played in town. The latter is common with all hotels but kept us from staying a second night. And while economically understandable, still sucks.

Great location if you're by car, which I guess since it's a motel. There's parking, kind staff, pool and clean rooms.

Would definitely stay again if the beds were improved- otherwise its a deal breaker for us

Are only criticism was that the beds were way too firm which made it difficult to get a good nights sleep!

Room was very clean and appears to have been recently renovated. Very convenient to have breakfast included

We had a pleasant stay

Rooms were a little small

The staff was nice and attentive and when asked for extra things such as towels, blankets, etc they brought to us promptly and the free breakfast was good and noticed that when things ran out they were quickly replaced.

relaxed stay

The bed was real firm which is hard for me with a bad back and neck. I could not make the adjustment with the pillows.

The room was spacious and comfortable. I REALLY appreciated the TV channel lineup available. This made relaxing in the room very enjoyable. Good furniture and sink area.

A very pleasant experience.

Everything was excellent.

Room was VERY clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly & helpful. Location was good & able to park right next to our room. Given the choice of upper or lower level, which was greatly appreciated.

This property was a good value for the area.

The parking spots are a bit narrow, so hard to squeeze into my car.

This property was a good value for the area. Not much in the way of service, but I didn't need any. This is not really what you think of when you say "hotel". It is more of a motel. But a nice one, clean, recently renovated, friendly clerks at the counter.

comfortable, clean, and safe place to stay

There was no microwave in the room. That is the only complaint.

The eggs were real eggs. The sausage was good and not greasy. The breakfast was very good. The bed was comfortable. I loved the hard wood floor and no carpet. Our 13 year old grandson loved the pool. The air conditioner was very good. I put it on 66 and that cold air was so good.

Awesome stay

nothing bad to say.

I was kind of worried when we arrived to the property but the staff was friendly the room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was perfect and had just enough of a food selection for 2 picky eaters to set us on our day. I will be definitely be staying here again when we're in the area.

Was just ok.

Pillows were very uncomfortable. Was located on a main boulevard with nothing within walking distance. Pool was isolated across the parking lot.

Good breakfast. Room was decent size.

Clean and comfy stay

No major complaint. Bathroom fan was noisy and the room was a little small for us but we'll definitely book again ;)

We liked how clean the room was and the room service was done professionally and fast. We are completely satisfied with our stay. Totally worth the price.

Repeat customer

The entire experience was great. Will stay there again on my next trip to Pasadena.

one of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on...the A/C worked perfectly, minimal to no noise late at night and early morning, great breakfast

Nice Spot to stay in the heart of the San Gabriel Valley.

Very clean and comfortable and well appointed room amenities. Close to the Pasadena Wedding site of out visit. Had enough time to visit the Norton Simon Museum, what a Gem this turned out to be.

A very good choice.

Perhaps being able to assist travelers with finding transportation to the hotel from the airport. The shuttle to the airport was excellent, but very difficult coming from the airport.

Since my trip was a very hurried one, the quiet and comfort of the room allowed me to recover from a long travel day, enjoy my time with friends the next day and rest for another long travel day. The breakfast was excellent and a perfect way to start a busy day.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Couldn't have been better.

Everything was great from the staff to the cleanliness of the rooms, to the business center and the breakfast was awesome, waffles, eggs, fruit, juices, tea, Also a Jacuzzi nice and heated along with a nice swimming pool. 5 minutes to Santa Anita Park, 1/2 hour to Universal Studios, Walk of Fame, 15 min to Old Pasadena, lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

I was not charged the price advertised on Bookings.

I was not charged the price advertised on Bookings. It was approximately $10 per night more (an estimate from my memory as I did not think to copy the price as advertised)

Bed and shower were good.

It was a disabled room yet the path between the door and the bathroom was not wide enough to get a wheelchair through I had to take the knobs off of the dresser drawers just to be able to squeeze my wheelchair to be able to get to the bathroom and back.

Bed and shower were good.

A Comfortable Stay at a Reliable Hotel Chain

I had a room with two queen size beds and it was spacious and comfortable. There was a small refrigerator in the room as well as in room coffee. It was very hot in Pasadena, and the hotel staff offered me two bottles of cold water, along with a package of Grandma's chocolate chip cookies upon check-in. Maybe they do this all the time, but I appreciated it yesterday after driving for several hours in very hot temperatures. Free Wi-Fi and the connection was good. Breakfast buffet room was small but selection was very adequate. Bacon, sausage, hard boiled eggs, hash browns, cooked eggs, waffles, muffins, bagels, bread, cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee & juices. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Loved the stayed at Best Western

I really like the cleanliness the bathroom and room it was super clean. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I would totally recommend to my friends and family.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great and affordable place to stay in Pasadena!

The location is not the best for car commute.

The hotel staff was super friendly and helpful. We had everything we needed for a comfortable and nice stay. The room was big enough for 4 people, clean and cozy. Beds were really nice and comfortable to sleep on. The breakfast was not bad at all.

Pasadena stopover value accommodation

1)no elevator,2) poly sheets( too warm at night, makes you sweat)

location, in & out access to freeway 210 and good local food establishments to walk to; staff very helpful

Mehh

The room was super small for the 144 dollars that i paid..and i found it on booking for 109 that same day. I domt believe i got what i paid for

It had a pool and jacuzzi. And direct tv

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Great value, comfortable night's sleep

The room was clean, quiet, spacious and recently renovated. Beds were comfortable. The breakfast was well above average - plenty of healthy and fresh food options. It was great value.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

BW off to a good start!

They got my reservations confused. I booked my trip originally on Booking.com. When I checked out I was told that my reservation was posted as a No Show and they were not aware that I had actually stayed there, which I had. They indicated that management would straighten it out and I am awaiting for that to happen.

It was centrally located to the Pasadena Convention Center and great to discover that the BW Suites was directly across the street from each other which I will consider the next time. Provided a simple hot breakfast, clean, beds comfortable and located near a lot of great restaurants and retail from Sprouts, BJs, Pieology, and Claim Jumpers to Olive Garden.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Stay was good close by city of hope

Spa could have been clean

Breakfast was good beds comfy looked at pool and spa they were dirty

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Clean room . Comfortable king bed. Full breakfast was excellent. Would stay again.

Window panes rattle in wind. Could hear bathroom faucet drip. No microwave

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great location and personnel is very friendly

A little bit old

Great location and personnel is very friendly

Great place to stay

AC was noisy.

Location is perfect, staff really nice and helpful

Very good

Place was clean and quiet

It’s cool in the room, everything works good

Ants under the bath mat

It’s cool in the room, everything works good

Good.

Breakfast could have been better.

Easy, friendly.

It was too noisy and I did not get my money's worth no...

It was too noisy and I did not get my money's worth no sleep

Very clean.

Very clean...will visit again

Pool & hot tub well maintained

Sound of traffic from road

Pool & hot tub well maintained

I just crashed after an 11 hour plane journey and a rather horrid drive in a rental.

There was a fair degree of road noise, not that it worried me but it it might some people.

Our second stay here and will continue to stay there every time we come to Pasadena.

Bed could be a bit softer but wasn’t uncomfortable.

Very quiet property. Staff friendly as always.

As expected. Comfortable for my family of 3. Great to explore LA

Nothing really

Nice, clean and comfortable Breakfast was great too

Good

It was cool it was a room

The price and it had everything

Friendly staff. Convenient for our purpose.

We didn’t know we had to carry all our baggages up a floor and there was no elevator

The breakfast has lots of selection.

Heater is very loud.

Heater is very loud.

Good

Bed

Staff breakfast

Good bed, fast breakfast, great parking, clean room, friendly helpful,staff

I thought that the price was too high

The convenience of the location and ease of parking

Staff was amazing

Staff was amazing

room was a good size and bed comfy.

room was a good size and bed comfy.

This place was ok for us the one night we stayed

The parking was the not best!

The staff was friendly and helpful

Very clean and updated.

Breakfast options.

Very clean and updated.

Recommendable

Rooms on street side are very loud

Reception was very quick to handle a group, was prepared

Clean smell

Clean smell

Best Western in Town

Very clean

Great stay

Price and clean

Very nice rooms, quiet and very clean :)

Very nice rooms, quiet and very clean :)

It was okay

A little pricey....

Great value and breakfast

Great value and breakfast

Wonderful!

Some if the guests their were very inconsiderate and sloppy.wonderful

The Continental breakfast was awesome! So much food!

Special touches.

Special touches. Tissue provided. In shower, shampoo, and shower gel. Pool sparkling. All Staff interactions professional.

Good old motel on route 66

Cost was way too high

Clean but older motel ok for a few days

It was a nice stay for a smaller hotel.

I didn't have any complaints.

The staff was great. The hotel is not in the best area for downtown, but it felt safe. I would return to the hotel.