Reviews of Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn 3 stars

1015 Rio Grande Northwest, Albuquerque, NM 87104, USA

#31 of 123 hotels in Albuquerque

I like the Restaurant & Bar on site.
    • King Room - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

We got the last booking of the day and the room was pet friendly which means it smelled like animals. My kids hav allergies. The air conditioner didn’t work, in our room and ran all day and night so sleep was hot, loud and uncomfortable.

I like the Restaurant & Bar on site. Check in was very easy and staff was nice.

☺😑
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I recieved no response to my email to the hotel to request queen size bed Instead of full size and that I had to add one more person. At checking in the front desk girl said we would be getting queen size beds but that was not the case. The front desk also acted like it was a giant inconvenience to them when it asked for more towels. Other that those minor issues it was a nice place to stay at.

The hotel property and rooms are kept clean. The location is nice also.

Enjoyable and fun stay with a great location!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View/Non-Smoking

We almost missed the entrance as we came off highway 40. We had to go down a block or so to find our way back. Maybe an Entrance sign would be helpful.

Excellent location to old town, we walked everywhere, The pool was nice and we enjoyed it. The staff was friendly, greeted us each time with a big smile and were very accommodating.

Clean and comfortable.

The bar was closed for private party. Not a big deal.

Clean and comfortable. We were able to walk to Old Town from hotel. Easy access on and off freeway.

Pleasant walk from historic area, easy access off Interstate.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room a/c was horribly noisy and woke us up every time it started cooling.

Pleasant walk from historic area, easy access off Interstate. Staff was very apologetic to our a/c problem, compensated us with breakfast coupons.

Best Western stay at Albuquerque I-40 on Rio Bravo
    • King Room - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

The property was good no problem

The property of Best Western is right off Interstate I-40 and easy access I-40 Westbound and eastbound and there are plenty of places to eat and visit downtown Albuquerque

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Air Conditioner. Unit ran all night and was loud enough that we had to turn it off to watch TV, then the room got too warm. It never did get the room down to 72 degrees and it wasn't that hot outside in April!

Location. Located right off the highway and very close to Albuquerque Old Towne.

Lovely Hotel ideally located

Very poor restaurant experience, Ordered food 3 Steaks 1 Ribs, Ribs over cooked, 1 steak poor quality, sent back, no more Ribs so ordered steak replacement, came back with the two steaks completely wrong and over cooked, then re ordered bruschetta, and a Pasta dish, the bruschetta for my wife came out 15 minutes early than my over cooked Pasta, which I rejected. At least they were apologetic, and did not charge for the meals.

Great location for travelling the Route 66, and within walking distance of the old town,

It was an overall comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Signage to enter was too small. Initially was hard to find. Other than that it was great. Coffeemaker was not working. By the booking information, I was expecting a hot tub in the room which was a little disappointing.

Security of property. I felt my vehicle was safe with the gated security. Food in the restaurant was great.

Needs work

Lots of not very pleasant odors. Rooms were nice but hallways and common areas very worn. Breakfast really should be included. Some in our party said their rooms were not well vacumned.

Beds were comfortable.

Nice hotel next to old town.
    • King Room - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

Keurig machine didn’t seem to work. Would have liked to have a microwave.

Nice room and amenities. Property is well taken care of. Had a nice evening meal at the restaurant.

Near Old Town

The restaurant serves really good food - breakfast and dinner. However, the service can be slow. The hotel is near other restaurants, museums, and historic Old Town and is located right off of I-40. Also, not too far from the airport if you want a good nights sleep and a hearty breakfast before you take off.

The property is located very close to the exit of the...

The property is located very close to the exit of the Interstate. It has a voucher system for the morning breakfast at their restaurant: it was delicious. The room was nice and the staff was very nice and helpful. Check-in and check-out very fast too.

Repulsive. I’m still considering reaching out to upper management for a refund.

Nothing. Nothing worked and it was disgusting

There was hair in the bathroom, tub, towels and floor. It was disgusting, the bed sheets had stains, and our heater didn’t work! It was 30 degrees outside.

I always enjoy my time in ABQ prior to flying home.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When I arrived, they had no record of my reservation! Fortunately, they had a room available so it all worked out.

I have stayed here many times before so was already familiar with property. I keep coming back for the convenience to Old Town ABQ.

Just ok
    • King Room - Disability Access Roll in Shower

We have stayed there several times and breakfast was always included. When we asked about the free breakfast we were told it's not offered through booking anymore. We should have been notified when we booked, for the price of the room that has been a plus. Probably will stay elsewhere next time.

I wouldn't stay here again because of the roaring air conditioner.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner in my room was so loud that I couldn't get to sleep. The minute I turned it off, however, the room became an oven. The swimming pool was so saturated with chlorine that I chose not to use it.

The hotel was very easy to reach from the highway. The restaurant was convenient. The room was a nice size and the bed was comfortable.

All in all our stay was a pleasant one and we would stay again.

The room was comfortable and the bathroom was clean but i did notice the carpet needed vacuuming behind the chair and around baseboards. Also cobwebs on ceiling.

I loved the location. Short walk to many attractions including museums and Old Town.

If ever I travel to Albuquerque again, I would stay here.

Of course I would have loved for a continental breakfast to be included!

It was a nice hotel in a good location. The walk to Old Town was easy. The pool was refreshing and the courtyard was a nice place to sit with a morning coffee before the day began. The staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable answering my questions.

Perfect place to stay, with super easy access to Old Town ABQ

Staff were incredibly friendly. Allison was so sweet and helpful, double checking that we were comfortable after we had a chance to settle in to our room.

What more can I say!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

My Wife and I are both ex hotel people (controller and Sales Director). No complaints. An excellent one night experience.

The Restaurant was excellent. We have family who live in Albuquerque and they actually suggested that we meet there for Dinner because the food was so good. It was and the atmosphere was tremendous.

Great choice

Only problem we had was that both washing machines were out of order when we were there.

Location was really good. Nice outside seating area. Great staff at check in. Pleasant bar. Bar food was tasty and very reasonably priced.

Comfy Bed & pillows

Bath towels were dirty.

Everything was convenient. Luggage carts and elevators helped a lot. Nice restaurant. Breakfast was a coupon for $7.00 if reward member. Only certain items on menu were accepted to use coupon.

I'd stay here again, and recommend it too!

Some guests could have respected the pool area better by picking up after themselves. A guest in the hotel doesn't mean you are their only guest.

After driving 12hrs, it offered us our room, a restaurant, a bar, a dip in the pool, a relax in a Jacuzzi, and even a weight room - all in one place. Right off the interstate - so easy to find, and easy the next day to continue back on our journey. Friendly, helpful staff made check in and check out quick and seamless.

Quietness.

Gated parking lot, yet there was through traffic. Very pricey for standard room.

Quietness. Felt secure and safe. Security in parking lot (arrived late at night)

Great Location in Albuquerque

The king-size room was a bit smaller than the one we had stayed at the night before at the Best Western in Kingman, AZ, and the bathroom not quite as well maintained, but it was clean.

The breakfast was great but you only get the $6 voucher if you are a rewards member, so join today! The staff were very nice. The covered pool area was very nice. Nice stop on our way to Texas to visit our first grand-baby.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

The staff were great and gave good advise for restaurants...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hot tub didn't work the first day, and had soap scum from people's bathing suits, but it would be nice if that had been removed. I wish I'd known about the active renovation of the lobby.

The staff were great and gave good advise for restaurants and sites. They responded to the hot tub situation quickly. The room was good, and clean. Great location.

Reliable Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn

Dust-filled, noisy late-March lobby renovation made arrival less than welcoming despite staff's best efforts to accommodate (looking forward to pleasant lobby "facelift" upon return to ABQ).

Best Western-brand reliability, hotel shuttle (to/from airport, Old Town, Rail Runner), plus helpful staff--especially Vanessa--make my repeat stay more likely.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

We'll be back!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent Staff. All were friendly, professional and helpful from the front desk to the dining room. Loved the vouchers for breakfast or money off for dinner. That's a great idea. Food was very good.

The name says much more than what you experience.

The coupon system for breakfast was not explained at check in and resulted on lots of uncertainty. It was also very limiting in choice. Building old but well maintained.

Very close to I40. Very close to old town.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

A treasure 5 min safe walk from Old Town Plaza

I liked it ALL but if I could make a wish, it would be: get a yoga mat and an exercise ball to the gym. We were couple of your female guests missing those there.

Full 10 Plus:) 1) The staff was just awesome, friendly, helpful when I needed advice for my one day off of conference. The hotel shuttle was both necessary and very useful for the wide distances in the widespread city. 2) The food from the cooked breakfast til the light meals at dinner time awesome; tasty, spicy, southwestern and a variety of choices. 3) The ambience of the hotel was amazing. You can see that every piece of furniture, decoration and ornament was handpicked for the location. Sum: the best Best Western experience ever. I would recommend to my best friends in an instant.

Too noisy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Too noisy. Heard the people in the next room and their TV; affected my sleep. Also, was near outside entrance, and the door swinging shut was loud and annoying.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

This Inn was a pleasant surprise on a long trip.

This Inn was a pleasant surprise on a long trip. The staff were friendly and helpful, the facilities were well planned providing a good place to eat with live entertainment, a comfortable room and easy access to the highway. I would recommend this as a wonderful place to spend a night or more.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

It's all good. Comfort, location, and friendliness.

Wish we could have stayed longer.

The rooms were very comfortable. The staff was welcoming and very helpful. the on-site restaurant was excellent. Nice variety. We went with the southwest offerings and it was awesome. The staff at the front desk gave us directions to one of the best places to buy local fresh-picked chilis. This property really makes you feel at home. We had chosen this location because of its proximity to the historical district. Unfortunately, because of the remnants of Hurricane Newton and the torrential rain it dropped in Albuguerque while we were there, we weren't able to visit the area. Next time!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Good but..

Small window in room. Room seemed claustrophobic. Staff said no other room available? No exhaust fan in bathroom and no air conditioning vent. No ventilitation in bathroom means steamy bath.

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Very nice freeway hotel... Worth the extra $$!

Honestly, we liked everything... Would definately stay again!

Great location and well staffed! They kept the bar open late on a Sunday to accommodate the late stragglers as they arrived... Very nice and friendly!

Great stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location was good especially to Old Town area.

Joseph roadtrip
    • Economy King Room - Non-Smoking

The restaurant staff was unorganized.

Room was big and the pool was just what we needed after driving.

Room & hotal wonderful, restraunt very poor

Restaurant

Nice place poor service in restraint and fair food at best

not bad

It wasn't too bad

The rooms were beautiful.

Very accommodating shuttle service.
    • King Room - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

Very accommodating shuttle service. No need for a rental car when staying there.

Not fancy but very nice and good for the money
    • King Room - Disability Access

A bit noisy near highway so as for quiet room

Location is walking distance to old town

Nice hotel, well placed for i40.
    • King Room - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

Bar could be improved. Breakfast was pretty basic.

Nice hotel, well placed for Old Town attractions.

Gorgeous food, friendly service, clean and stylish decor!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing! It was all great!

It was just really easy and welcoming!

We like Best Western hotels.

It's a typical BW, which is our default hotel chain unless we want to go romantic. Nice decor, clean, comfy, dependable.

Didn't use it

Learning experience
    • King Room - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

Policy. According to the staff, they would not comp the breakfast because I booked through booking. Com.

FRONT DESK CLERK WAS RUDE AND UNHELPFUL
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Pet Friendly

FRONT DESK CLERK WAS RUDE AND UNHELPFUL

The staff was really friendly. The hotel is old and the heating system is too noisy.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I couldn't sleep. The AC/Heating system is really noisy. I had to switch it off and the room was below 60 degrees.

The staff was awesome.

Temp control on heat did not work properly

Temp control on heat did not work properly

Great location. Walkable to Old Town

Traveler from Iowa
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Maybe the menu in restaurant . Need more variety.

The staff and the room was very nice! Would stay again! 100%

Nice breakfast.

Nice breakfast.

Ok. But not worth the price.

No continental breakfast. Walls are paper thin.

Convenient location.

Check in was time consuming. long wait. seemed to be a cumbersome process.

Wall thermostat was tempermental. Difficult to maintain a certain temperature

When do
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Good location for Old Town felt safe walking around. Staff helpful. Nice on site restaurant.

Good value for money hotel in a good location for visiting old town Albuquerque

All was ok

Good value for money hotel in a good location for visiting old town Albuquerque

Enjoyed it and would do it again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was helpful and hotel was in a great location was very clean

We stayed two nights and everything was great

The beds were great. The room service was wonderful. Staff very helpful and nice. Tv great.

Excellent!

Did not experience anything I did not like.

Shuttle service !!! Keep it please! Was the selling point for me!

• King Room - Disability Access

Bathroom tub and floor dirty. Ac unit loud and smelled like something burning.

Great location. Comfy beds. Secure parking. Friendly staff.

Route 66 trip

The bar too closed in.

staff extra friendly

Not worth the price.

Location is not as good as touted. Not walkable to Old Town. Area is sketchy.

Clean room, beds, towels.

The quality of the food in the restaurant could be improved.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The quality of the food in the restaurant could be improved.

No free breakfast.

No free breakfast. Asked for and was told I'd be getting a first floor room but did not.

Great location to Old Town
    • King Room - Disability Access Roll in Shower

Bed and pillows very uncomfortable. For the cost you do not get a free breakfast.

Great location to Old Town

Ok off the 40

Room

Food

Beds worn out.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Beds worn out. Plumbing stopped up. Had to stand in ankle deep water to shower

Pool

The cost...my son paid $21 less than me...why didn't I get that price?

Pool

We'll be back
    • King Room - Disability Access Roll in Shower

The staff was incredible, the decor inviting

Really good made to order breakfast

Not much close to walk to though convient location for driving

Really good made to order breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Bed was comfortable and the breakfast was great for being...

Bed was comfortable and the breakfast was great for being free.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Used some kind of deodorizer in the room which was...

Used some kind of deodorizer in the room which was bothersome. We had to run the fan not to be overwhelmed by it.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

It was nice i liked staying there i would stay again

I didn't like that there is no free breakfast.