Reviews of Best Western Plus Robert Treat 3 stars

50 Park Place, Newark, NJ 07102, USA

#11 of 18 hotels in Newark

I'm sure if the shuttle had picked me up within 15 min my rating would be much higher all around.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My main complaint is that it took 40 min from my first call (of 3) for the shuttle from Newark Airport. I waited from 12:05 (Midnight) to 12:45am. Every other hotel had 1-3 shuttles pass in that time. I had traveled over 24 hours already from New Zealand and this extended wait to get to my bed made me irritated.

I liked that I could open a window. The room was clean.

Great location. Okay everything else.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Small cramped room and especially cramped bathroom, staff wasn't friendly or welcoming, and the doors to get in aren't very large or good for luggage. Also the cable service kept cutting out, the vending machines were sold out of everything.

The hotel was very close to NJPAC for a show we went to see. The room was pretty well cleaned and maintained. The bed was comfortable.

Room was nice
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is very tight; not enough food ready for the continental breakfast and very crowded; shuttle took long to pick us up at Penn Station had to end up walking

Room was nice

Clean and friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Availability of the shuttle was hit or miss, is about as negative as our stay got.

Nice facility with an interesting history. Would definitely stay here again.

Convenient for our purpose and friendly, cooperative staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had requested a handicapped room and they didn’t have first night but did switch us next AM.

Convenient for our purpose and friendly, cooperative staff.

Nice place quick courtesy shuttle to Penn station and back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice place quick courtesy shuttle to Penn station and back. Very old hotel probably due for room updates soon. Bathroom door had to have 30 coats of paint. Rooms clean and staff helpful when I added an extra day so I could keep the same room.

We would like to book there again!

I booked this for my mom and she doesn't know English. She said everything was perfect and the gentlemen front dest sent her to room to avoid she can't find the room. We would like to book there again!

the breakfast exceeded my expectations - included fresh...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room was a bit small with the view for air conditioning devices

the breakfast exceeded my expectations - included fresh fruits, becon, eggs, pancakes etc. If there were any vegetables (like tomatoes) it would be absolutely great (as for american breakfasts)

Will return

One morning the elevator would not go to the lobby and we went up and down about 3 times. It got fix that same day and did not have any more problems with the elevator.

The location near the train station, the shuttle bus service and the breakfast. Nice and clean.

Excellent value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My main problems concern the televisions: 1. In my room, the guide feature of the television did not work properly. Every 10 minutes the TV would reset it self, which means it would go into a automatic reset mode for about five minutes and which point you were unable to watch a program. For some reason, the TV kept losing the signal for the guide. I spoke to the front desk but the problem was never resolved. 2. In the fitness center, only one TV worked and the remote did not work well. It was difficult to get a station to watch while you were exercising. I was there a month prior to my recent visit and the same problems with the TV and television remotes in the fitness center had never been resolved. And finally, parking used to be free, but now they charge $15 per day.

Great location, friendly staff, very clean room, parking on premises, great restaurant, fitness center, free breakfast, free shuttle to Penn Station.

It's close to everything and I grew up in York so I love...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The thing I didn't like is when I get in to Newark at 12 I have to wait till 3 to check in that's the only thing but other than that everything was great

It's close to everything and I grew up in York so I love to visit

This seems to be a OLD property, not maintained properly but located in a good location.

Staffs in the Hotel front desk are not friendly, they should not be in Hotel industry. Their attitude seems they are doing favor by giving us a room for which we have paid for.

Nice place for a quick place to rest your head at night.

The location is a dead zone after 7 pm. There are no shops or restaurants nearby that were open when we went out at 8:30 pm. It’s a little dark and spooky in that general area. Newark can be rough so it’s best to watch your back when walking around at night. The hotel itself could use a bit of upkeep. Ex: the soap dish in the shower was half broken off. Not a big deal but aesthetically it looked horrible. The dark brown throw pillow on the bed had visible stains on it (oil? water? or something gross?)

The hotel was nice, the staff was friendly and it was easy to get to via public transportation. The hotel restaurant was delicious.

The lack of customer service ruined their rating.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Major problem: customer service is non-existent. If you don't encounter any problems or they happen between 7 am and 6 pm, you'll probably be all right. We had an issue with the safe at 9 pm and couldn't get any help until past 7 am the next day. I called at 9 and 9:30 and was told someone would be up right away. At 10 pm someone would come up soon. At 11 pm the front desk told me the maintenance person had left hours ago and no one else knew how to open the safe. Not only that, but my husband went downstairs to talk to the guy and was told again it was our fault, no one could help, and we could always find another hotel!!!!! Other than apologies, we were never offered any type of compensation for our troubles and rude treatment. I found the whole thing very unprofessional for a well-known brand name hotel. Also the shuttle was unreliable and one of the drivers was a madman! You just hoped to get to your destination in one piece! Drivers and clerks can change often, so your experience may be very different. Just be aware.

The hotel itself was well located, breakfast was good, rooms were comfortable and clean. The coffee pot is a cheap one-cup size that didn't quite work. I had to restart the refrigerator three times for it to stay cool. There is a safe, nice TV, decent size bathroom with all amenities. There were a few old spots on the carpet, no big deal, but everything else was very clean. That's very important to me, and I was very pleased.

With only place to eat, resteraunt was closed due to two...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

With only place to eat, resteraunt was closed due to two events. Had to sit at the bar with extremely loud music blaring and the tender/server was too worried about the parties than me. Somewhat of an attitude and not sure he ever said a word. Food was great after the 45 min wait for it.

indifferent staff, shuttle service not working
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Indifferent front desk staff, not really bothering to reply to your questions. Pickup by the shuttle bus from the train station was a disaster. We had to wait for half an hour, despite several calls and ended up having to walk back to the hotel.

Price

Clean and appropriately priced.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a private function going on in the restaurant that took over just about the whole dining area so ate elsewhere. No pool available. Neighborhood sketchy- OK if you are not walking too far or alone after dark.

We traveled from out of state to this location because the location was very close to the music venue that we were attending. The staff were helpful and courteous. The bed was very comfortable. Many free cable television stations! The hotel was clean and modern. No problem parking.

Room was nice, convenience store in lobby was very helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to check in before parking, which isn't easy in a city. Area was a little confusing.

Room was nice, convenience store in lobby was very helpful.

Satisfied customer
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Decent pricing, comfortable, staff was nice and helpful. Great location. Walking distance to shops and resturaunts. I would definitely stay here again when in Newark.

Won't be staying here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff wasn't very professional, the breakfast room was a joke, and parking was nightmarish. We got there at around 11 at night and got given a room key to our room, went upstairs and walked in on someone who already had that room. Then we went downstairs to tell the staff and they were like "omg, it was his fault"- pointing at each other. Then they gave us another room key to a different room and guess what? It was also occupied. We literally walked in on two people in the middle of the night. We went downstairs and after 30 or so minutes of them trying to figure it out, we finally got our room. The breakfast room is small and doesn't have that many food choices - get there early. The hotel itself is loud and the parking sucks.

the room was cleaner than expected

3.5
    RE-TRAIN THE STAFF,AT THE FRONT DESK,
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

NO MICROWAVE,CAN NOT CHANGE OVER TO HEAT, THE ROOM WAS COLD, OLD FURNITURE ;NOT GOOD,'SARAH V, WOULD NOT BE PLEASE EITHER!'GUEST IN THE BREAKFAST ROOM, HAD TO DIRECT OTHER GUEST,WHERE SOME ITEMS WERE!THEPERSON IN THE ROOM,(STAFF) COULDN'T BE IN TWO PLACES! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

STAFF AT THE FRONT DESK, NEEDS TO BE RE-TRAIN! MALE WITH BLACK FRAME GLASSES,NEEDS A COURSE IN 'BEING AT THE FRONT DESK!!

Great location with a convenient shuttle to the airport!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only one elevator was working. Do not settle for a room near the elevator shaft!

Location, cleanliness and room service was great. Also, the shuttle to the airport early in the morning was very convenient.

The front desk staff was chatting with security guard about...

The front desk staff was chatting with security guard about lunch while I stood waiting to check in. After checking me in they gave me my room key and announced out loud my floor & room number. The dirty toilet seat and broken lamp shade. The restaurant was closed. The parking lot attendant did not have a uniform nor any other ID & I was unsure that he was an employee since he directed me to park in front of exit door since there were no spots. The employee that drives the hotel van had no uniform, & looked like he was hanging out. The staff basically lacks professionalism & pride in their jobs and are poorly trained in hospitality.

Fast checkin.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were too cokd no. Lankets and no way to change the temperture. It was mosera le to sleep in such cold room.

Fast checkin. Breakfast was rwady and hot and filling.

I love this hotel, the history, the updates, location, room cleanliness, most comfortable sleeping.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lack of handicap parking. Not being informed beforehand there would be a charge for parking.( there was no charge on my prior visit) slight mix up upon checking in

Bed and bedding very comfortable!

Almost a mix up on booking.could have more handicap parking spaces. Was not informed beforehand there would be a charge for parking, especially as there was no handicap space available.would not give either a AAA or AARP discount

Bed and bedding very comfortable! Complementary breakfast exceptional.

Eventful, unfortunately.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

On evening of May 15 Desk clerk refused to send us a shuttle bus saying we missed it, which how can this be true if they offer a 24 hour shuttle service. We never saw their shuttle while waiting but we saw all the other hotel shuttles at least twice while waiting. We spent 4 phone calls with him over a period of 45 minutes before finally taking a taxi there. Very rude and didn't understand at all. We had just got off an 11 hour flight from Greece and it was 10:30 pm. Never going back!

Hotel was clean and bed was comfortable.

The room was clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not the best and they need more breakfast options.. And they little expensive for just one night.

The room was clean.. checking in was easy

I chose the hotel because of the location because I had...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I chose the hotel because of the location because I had morning flight. I wanted to eat breakfast and it should be from 6:00 am. At 6:00 an employee came but i should be ready. I did not eat, I paid😡

The hotel was located very close to the Performing Arts...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was a nightmare, a small parking lot in the back, which was not large enough to accommodate all guests staying in hotel. Only two handicap spots for the entire hotel. When I asked where I could find more handicap spots the employee simply laughed and said, “all taken.” I was told to leave my keys with the parking attendant if the lot was full, however, after beeping my horn for 15 minutes periodically and no one coming, I went to garage across street, the guard there told me the hotel would stamp my ticket so that I wouldn’t have to pay, wrong, staff refused to stamp ticket. I ended up having to pay $40 for the 18 hrs. I was parked there. Arrogant, unfriendly and unhelpful staff. Bed was extremely uncomfortable. I don’t recommend staying at this hotel! It was the first and last time for me!!!

The hotel was located very close to the Performing Arts Center, which is where Rutgers graduation was being held.

Pleasurable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I kept changing the currency to be Canadian and that's what I was paying, however, at check in we realized the price is US

Breakfast was excellent, coffee was great.

Great hotel! Great location! Wonderful staff!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

While I love that the hotel has its own parking available, they recently started charging $15. The parking used to be FREE!!!! I DON’T LIKE HAVING TO PAY FOR PARKING!!!!!!! Also, while I enjoyed the free breakfast, I did not like THE OVER, OVER COOKED SCRAMBLED EGGS!!!!. Why do you over cook something that is so easy and simple to cook? The chef needs to get it to gather in this area. And finally, there were two TVs in the fitness center but only one was operational. You need to get the television repaired.

I love the location of the hotel. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. I never have any trouble with my reservation. My room is always clean and in tiptop shape. I really like the fact that the hotel has its own parking facilities. The fitness center is great.

The day we checked in it was rainy and in the high 40's.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The day we checked in it was rainy and in the high 40's. We were cold and couldn't wait to get into our warm room to get the chill off. When we got to our room it was very cold. We tried turning on the heat only to have cold air blowing. We called the front desk and were told that the heat was turned off for the whole hotel. They said that after a certain date they are not required to provide heat per state law. So, they don't. No apologies. In addition, the TV wouldn't work properly (it kept turning itself off). When we called the front desk about it, they said that always happens. Nothing more. The furniture was old/dated and the chair lining was frayed. Would not recommend.

Good value alternative to Manhattan
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk could be friendlier. At times staff does not seem very happy to deal with guests. I have noteiced this on other occasions as well. Dress of frot desk staff sometimes is too casual for the level of the hotel. Shuttle staff very good.

Good value alternative to Manhattan. Rooms are spacious and co mfortable. Buffet breakfast is convenient, and well run. Lady attendant at breakfast is very nice.

Cheaper place to stay, and just about 20 mins by train to Manhattan, NY
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The check in process was terrible. Although I understand the hotel is quite busy, but the reception staff could be better. Appreciated the effort of their bed manager for making sure we had our reserved room ready when we came even if it's at 2:00 am.

The room service were on the spot. The free breakfast was awesome, I love how we were looked after well. I think this staff Juliet did a wonderful job of keeping us at home.

a good location for those who travel through the EWR airport...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the internet was impossible to use... never connected even with user/password

a good location for those who travel through the EWR airport and want to visit NYC; close to a Whole Foods shop where one can get good healthy food; good breakfast, the shadow (shuttle bus) service to the airport

The room was clean and quiet
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room I was given was missing the remote to the TV and phone in the room only wasn't receiving incoming calls

The room was clean and quiet

Excellent place to stay!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wi-fi was not so great but we were hardly there to be really bothered by it.

From the very beginning everyone was super helpful...from the shuttle pick up at the airport to checking in. We were able to add a day making it much more convenient for our stay. They had great breakfasts available in the morning. They were always so pleasant and accommodating with the shuttle to airport or Penn Station. The room was great. Comfortable beds. We really enjoyed our stay here! Even on our last day they made it possible for us to see a few more attractions by securely storing our luggage.

We'll be coming back to the New York area because of our experience at the Robert Treat!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing I can say could have been better was the condition of the torn American Flag flying on the front of the building.

We really appreciated the free shuttle to and from the train station and airport!!! Also appreciated Julia the attendant for the Continental Breakfast.

OK for the purpose of my trip.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

"Room with a view if NYC" quite a stretch. We could see only a little. The room was smaller than expected. The second room in which we wer moved had a refrigerator that I discovered in the following morning was not working. When I reported it to the front desk on checkout, I was asked if I checked to see if it was plugged in. I do not think that was my job.

Breakfast. Housekeeping staff was nice. Front desk moved us to another room when they were not able to get the TV to work. Airport shuttle was convenient.

The room was clean and the breakfast was good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room was cold and there were no spare blanket. The wi-fi didn't reach my floor

The room was clean and the breakfast was good. The hotel had a business center, which was quite convenient

Good standard room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is good but not grand.

Good standard room. I was there in April with lower temperatures outside. During the night, the fan heating is noisy. If you switch it off, the bed blankett is a little too thin to sleep comfortably.

Unhappy with breakfast area
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast and the area really need improvement. Being on two sides and not knowing where to get anything. Very unorganized. Dirty tables while the employees were sitting on the couch on their phones. Coffee makers need to be updated . Cold eggs. Needs major improvements.

Close to NJPAC

A decent option in Newark
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is horrible and makes the hotel the most non environmental friendly hotel in the world with the amount of garbage produced. Staff at desk also don’t make any effort to be nice.

Cleaness. Bottles of water available daily. Close to the station to get the path to NY.

DO NOT RECOMMEND STAY

The hotel is outdated and it was very hot in the room. I was told that the air system was not up yet, but the hallway and the lobby had air. I was unable to sleep due to how hot the room was I was miserable the stay was miserable

Nothing really.

Belle vue de Mannathan de notre chambre au 14ième étage.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nous avions beaucoup de petites fourmis dans la salle de bain. We had a lot of small ants in the bathroom. Les vitres étaient embuées. The windows were fogged.

Belle vue de Mannathan de notre chambre au 14ième étage. Nice view of Mannathan at the 14th level from our room.

disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff show very little interest in their position. They do not greet with a smile or even loud enough for you to hear. The lamp was defective plugged in my phone sparks burnt my cube the desk unbelievable lamp was removed by staff, shaved hairs were all over the toilet omg, turned on light in room light switch cover came off very dissatisfied this go round and I have stayed multiple times not good not good at all

The fact I had to stay one night only and the breakfast was satisfactory

Dirty, cheap and very thin walls in a bad neighborhood.

The bed wasn't cleaned. The room was dirty. Even after it was "cleaned" they left garbage behind. The room was in bad shape with torn wallpaper and dented lamps. It just looked cheap. The walls were thin and I could hear the tv in the other room very clearly all night. ALL NIGHT. I called down to the front desk but nothing changed. The food was a soggy greasy biscuit and cheese with what can loosely be described as scrambled eggs. I am a member of Best Western rewards program and I enjoy staying at the chain. I plan to again, but NEVER this one. I would make sure that everyone that asks me will stay away because I was genuinely miserable my whole stay.

Decent Hotel for short stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Anything beyond the immediate neighbourhood is not that great. The McDonalds nearby was a little scary, I visited only once though in the evening. But please note I live in a small town in the UK, so I am used to a "quiet" McD. Breakfast was not particularly great, BUT the breakfast lady was REALLY nice and polite. She spoke to everyone, helped everyone in all ways and that was really lovely. She deserves some appreciation.

5 mins walk from the Newark Path stn. Immediate neighbourhood is nice.

STAFF WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND POLITE ESPECIALLY THE SHUTTLE BUS DRIVER AND THE WOMAN AT THE FRONT
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I REQUESTED A HIGHER FLOOR ROOM . THE FIRST ROOM THAT I ENTERED WAS ON THE 6TH FLOOR IN WHICH WAS GIVEN TO ME BY MISTAKE. THE ROOM HAD A SMOKEY SMELL IN IT. CALLED THE FRONT DESK AND THE MAN EXPLAINED TO ME THAT HE MADE A MISTAKE IN THE ROOM NUMBER. SO I HAD TO GO BACK TO THE FRONT DESK TO OBTAIN THE RIGHT KEY FOR THE RIGHT ROOM. AFTER THAT EXPERIENCE, I KNEW WHO NOT TO REQUEST ANY INFORMATION FROM.... OTHERWISE, EVERYTHING WENT WELL.

FOUND OUT THE HIGHER FLOOR ACCOMODATIONS WERE EXTREMELY BETTER THAN THE LOWER FLOOR. THE LOWER FLOOR HAD A SMOKEY SMELL IN THE ROOM AND NOT VERY CLEAN. THE WOMAN WHO WORKED IN THE GIFT SHOP WAS VERY HELPFUL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. THE SHUTTLE DRIVER WHO WORKED A DOUBLE SHIFT THAT NIGHT WAS EXTREMELY COURTEOUS AND OFFERED A GREAT SERVIVCE . THE WOMAN AT THE FRONT DESK OFFERED AN EASY CHECKOUT.

excellent location for walking distance to Prudential...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the appliances in the breakfast lounge were not working and it as quite hot in the room itself

excellent location for walking distance to Prudential Center--very nice restaurant in the hotel--parking that was pretty tight but was right outside the hotel

Location great but the facilities/rooms need upgrading!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom has wallpaper pealing off the walls. Carpet was soaking wet in front of the mini fridge. AC did not cool the room on two warm days we were there. Everyday we had to get our room keys re keyed for entry into our room.

Location was great! Shuttle takes you to Penn Station and to the Airport.

Worst staying ever
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were ants in our room, also we heard a lot of noises who interrupt our sleep. When we asked to change a room they offered to clean the room!! They should ashamed of themselves. We had to insist to get new room. The service is bad!!! Also we lost some clothes there and they didn’t find. As a result, I wouldn’t recommend to stay on this hotel. Worst experience ever.

At least we had breakfast

Getting there by car on our own was a bit tricky but...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Getting there by car on our own was a bit tricky but everybody was nice and helped out. No issues parking with the hotel (free). Since a queensize is a bit small for 2 friends to share we even got a pullout bed without trouble to be added to the room. Location is very central and close to the Prudential Center. Definitely a good option to stay there for events!

I really like the th robert treat hotel overall but need better updating in some rooms
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The water I notice in the upper floors when I stay the water doent get hot. Also the rooms in the corner in the back isn't as nice or the 2 bed we stayed in.. Also the main lobbies chairs need cleaning dirty and for the second time I'm sitting waiting I start itching .. So please clean regular you can see how dirty.

Quietness, breakfast, rooms are clean

Because of the positive experience at this hotel, I will continue to book lodging with Best Western
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Don't have any suggestions because we were there for a brief stay, i.e. overnight.

We really enjoyed the breakfast, especially the pancakes and sausage patties. The coffee was very good also. The employee in the breakfast dining area was helpful and pleasant also.

Good value. Great location. Newark is a good entry point for visiting this part of the States.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

On this second stay we were in room 1408 (14th floor,top). Unfortunately there were some roof mounted machinery, possibly air conditioning or heating units, which ran all night and were noisy. This had not been a problem when staying on the 8th floor. When we mentioned this on check out the response was ‘did you let us know?’ Possibly a fair question, but at 1 o’clock in the morning, we did not want to be changing rooms. We did assume that if it were possible to switch the machinery off, then it would not have been running. We would still return to The Robert Treat Best Western Plus Hotel, but would be wary of staying on the top floor again.

Great location in Newark, which is a good location for a trip to New York, New Jersey or Pennsylvania. Flight from London is just over 6 hours. The hotel is easy walking(!) distance from Newark Penn station from where New York is 20mins on NJ Transit. There is also a twice hourly shuttle bus to Newark International Airport. (Pick up from Air Train stop P4) The hotel restaurant is excellent. Breakfast bar perfectly adequate. We were returning clients having stayed at The Robert Treat on the evening we arrived in the States, so it was sufficiently good to earn our return business.

The staff at the front desk was not very friendly when I...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff and the fact the bar was closed before the time mentioned but when we walked past the door was locked but people were at the bar drinking

The staff at the front desk was not very friendly when I checked in they didn’t have my on file but I had my confirmation printed out. When it came time for me to get food delivered the delivery driver showed up at my door which was kind of weird me being a girl alone.

- Bed and pillows were super comfy
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

- Stains on furniture (i.e. lamps and curtains). Doesn't bug me just made the room feel not as clean as the website photos showed. - Food served during complimentary breakfast was very greasy. - Not enough seating area in breakfast room. - Hotel's temperature was always very hot and took a few hours for the room to cool down.

- Bed and pillows were super comfy - 10 minute walk to Penn Station - 5 minute walk to Prudential Center - Parking was tight but always found a spot

It was good, would stay again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our thermostat in the room was broken and couldn't be changed. The Desk in room made it seem too cramped up! Everything in the hotel cafeteria is small, and we didn't like that they made us seem out of place since we weren't in suits and what not like everyone else.

Good location. Shuttle to and from the train station was extremely helpful. Everyone in hotel was more then helpful with directions and teaching us how to get around the city. Some even recommend places to visit in new jersey and some in new york (which is where we went for the most part) The shuttle driver was awesome and super nice the entire time, no matter what time he came to pick us up. And was really nice to my little ones (we had our 7 year old and 22month old with us) Free breakfast was a plus but could be better. Can't complain for being free, the drink fountains in there were useful tho! If your debating on a good hotel for visiting new york i would recommend this one! The pros deff outweight the cons! We can't wait to come back, and will be staying here again! Plus you get FREE parking! With security!!

Very clean,awesome location,easy to get to. Highly recommended!

Air conditioning was controlled by the hotel for entire hotel. Had to open window to cool down which worried me with having child in room. Have customers able to control room temperature. Not all people like the same settings. I sleep cooler for exampke due to my bodys increased temp causinv me to sweat.

Very clean hotel great location

The location was convenient for gr NJPAC.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The whole entire hotel was “non-smoking” however, someone smoking led to smoke coming through our vents and or room unbearable throughout the night!

The location was convenient for gr NJPAC. The hotel restaurant had a good selection at reasonable prices.

They lobby was nice.

1st Room smelled like an ashtray. Obviously I got another room that was nicer. The rooms are small and dated. The bed was junk, the pillows were junk. Very uncomfortable for the price. The chairs in the sitting area were for people not over 120lbs for sure. Couldn't find the breakfast buffet at 9am. It was snowing and a blizzard was coming so we just packed up and left.

They lobby was nice. The 2nd room was clean.

Horrible!

Front desk were rude, the parking lot attendant was extremely rude, the parking was horrific! The smell of god only knows what in elevators, looked as if it had never been cleaned! Used elbow to push buttons! The bedding and bath towels were very stained!

Very little to like about this hotel!

Shuttle service to / from airport was good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was bit of a mess with a poor selection and the only healthy option was an apple. Room was also extremely cold, the radiator didn't appear to be working. Could definitely be improved upon but overall hotel is good for the price you pay.

Shuttle service to / from airport was good.

Worse stay in my memory never been treated ruder
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They gave out our room to other guest after we had already checked in the room and began dressing up for a valentines dinner when 2 people walked in our room after reporting this to the from desk they became rude with me and said I was a liar until and I could hear them in the background the couple yelling at the front desk about the mistake they never apologized nor offer any way to make it up to us we frequent at least a dozen hotels a year and this one is off our list for good.

I will never stay there again and will advise associates to avoid the property.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1)Heating system was noisy and unreliable 2)Staff (especially, but not only, in restaurant were incompetent and rude) 3) In the bathroom, the towel and toilet paper racks make it impossible to sit upright on the toilet.

Center city location was convenient to restaurants and the Rutgers Medical Center

Nice and helpful staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room in the Basement a Little creepy without daylight.

Nice and helpful staff. Very good location if you fly into Newark. Free parking around the block.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The morning staff at breakfast on Saturday morning. Very rude.

Close to the prudential center.. Tbe resturant was amazing.. rooms were clean and nice.

Overall it was ok, nothing was terrible. I would stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was a bit on the cold side for me. The chamber maid didn't clean the bathroom counter tops that well. The night staff was always in the office and you had to call to him for him to come to the front.

The pillows

The people in the room next us smoked weed all night, the bathroom tub was small and gross. Definately the worst hotel I have stayed in and the breakfast was digusting.

The pillows

Gonna try other hotel across from station next time. Second time here and wasn’t very satisfied.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room somewhat rundown. Paper peeling off walls in several areas. Mold in shower area. Water stains, cieling and window. No ice on floor. No sodas in any machines on all floors that I went too. Had to go to lobby store. Most importantly though, we were forced to walk from rail station to hotel both nights. After saying they’d be there in 10 min we finally got tired of waiting and walked back.( 40 min ). Very cold and windy. Got back to hotel and both shuttle vans were in front of hotel. Plenty of emp around to have picked us up. Spoke to counter personnel. Complete lack of concern blamed upper mgmt. Said only one driver between airport and rail station. Also blamed upper mgmt for soda problem. Short staffed they said. Sat in lobby and observed staff for 45 min they did nothing but sit around on phones. Could be stocking machines or picking up cold, tired patrons of their hotel. Also bad parking area. Especially for trucks.

Close to rail station. Room rate ok. Breakfast area room , food ok.

The man driving the shuttle was great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The housekeeper couldn’t speak English. The phone didn’t work when dialing the front desk. No one could bring me luggage roller. The breakfast was unorganized and the staff didn’t say anything when kids took over the entire room. My view was of cars in an alley

The man driving the shuttle was great! He was personable and very nice to speak with.

Not even for a night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Terrible breakfast. If they want to serve normal breakfast they have to change from plastic to normal plates, to offer a different choice not only the scrambled eggs and to provide sitting tables with basic rules of hygiene. No any help from staff with luggages.

Overall good experience.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had to wait a very long time for the airport pick-up. Apparently they had a problem with their van.

The room was very nice - the staff was particularly nice.