Reviews of Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites 3 stars

2528 South Sepulveda Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064, USA

#148 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

What I don’t like is that the parking doesn’t have room or more space.

Everything is good, especially at the lobby, the staff was able to upgraded for us, five people, the three queen instead two queen. It’s not his fault, he points out that the television wasn’t working.

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

Hotel dated and worn. Peeling paint, shelf hanging off in bathroom, stained carpet. Room wasn’t made up after the first night, despite us being out from 8am to 5.30pm. Paper thin walls. Had to wear ear plugs to block out neighbors. Very expensive for what it was.

Comfortable bed, good breakfast. Excellent location for Metro Expo line just 5 mins walk.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

My room is next to the elevator, and it was quite noisy. Also I left some personal belongings at the hotel, and the staff wouldn’t help to mail it back to us, even thought we would like to pay for it.

Nice breakfast, spacious room

• Queen Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access - Non smoking

Saggy Mattress. Not super clean property. Needs a remodel. I know the hotel business has slim margins of profits due to so much competition.

Saggy Mattress. But I just needed a shower and bed for one night. I felt like it was very overpriced for the value of the room. Just my opinion.

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Bathroom extruder fan wasn't working and the TV remote didn't appear to be fully functional.

Conveniently located near the metro. Hotel staff were friendly and rooms were clean. Breakfast had something for everyone.

• King Room - Non Smoking

The rooms aren’t attached to main lobby area , the pool was tiny and not heated (outside) . The jacuzzi was broken . The tubs in bathroom looked dirty and so old. Our room was on second floor and there was no elevator for our luggage we have to make many trips to get it to our room. Continental breakfast did not have a lot of options . Parking was extra 20 a day for the already too high of price for the quality of room .

The staff were pleasant enough

• King Room - Non Smoking

The noise was very loud. The guests staying near me were partying and yelling at all hours. Walls were very thin so you could hear everything. Bathroom was moldy. Place kind of needs an update. Everything was older.

Very nice staff. Convenient on street or Valet parking at a reasonable price.

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

A bathroom was a bit too small.

We loved this stay while we were in LA. Staffs are so kind and helpful. A valet guy was really help us carrying stuffs also. Breakfast there was wonderful and have more things to eat than other places compared to the same segment though.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Very noisy street in the front. Odd remodeling (including an elevator not very useful and right in the middle of the hallway...). 100 years old carpet

value for money and location. Rooms size and comfort (should you ask for 3rd floor not facing the busy street)

• King Room - Non Smoking

Carpets could of used some cleaning, they had stains in various places. A banister was very loose going up the stairway.

Very clean rooms and eating area

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

The location of the property was off a busy street. No elevator.

Everyone was cheerful and helpgul. The suite was spacious. The breakfast was generous.

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

Room was horrible. Bathroom was super tiny. Couldn't get my kids in it to brush their teeth. Very loud hotel. Parking was very badly designed. Staff wasn't friendly.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Extremely small bathroom. “Suite “ sitting room seemed to have been created out of what should have been a roomier bathroom. Difficult to get even a normal-sized car in and out of underground parking area.

Convenience of the location for our purpose at an affordable price. Comfortable bed and nice amenities.

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

Location was a bit of a pain to get to from the airport but was in a good location to Santa Monica.

The beds were super comfy and the staff were very friendly

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

Redesign of the layout of the breakfast area should be considered. Lot of traffic converging in certain areas.

Service orientation was excellent. Very friendly and helpful staff. Bed very comfortable. Nice modern amenities and fixtures. Tastefully done.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

We experienced a couple of internet issues. When connected, the connection was excellent, but we lost connection several times (on Apple kit). Other guests didn't seem to have a problem. My Windows laptop developed a DSN server error on our final day and I had no connection at all. On line support couldn't help me to reestablish a connection, although they tried. It was suggested that my pc was the issue, but it hooked up first time at our next hotel. But hey, these things happen!

Excellent location, close to the Expo Line. Fantastic staff, very nice breakfast, and comfortable rooms. Have stayed before and would definitely stay again, by choice

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The pool area was small and a little dated - photos on web site a touch misleading. The poolside could be made much nice by better seating covers and an overall upgrade .The gym is virtually not a gym. The area around BE is not at all atttactive and not very interesting to walk around in at night. Consequently we always are out during the day to avoid doing it when we got home.

Excellent day time manager ,Fred I think, was very helpful in accommodating us for another 2 days. The breakfast staff was efficient and friendly , the valets fantastic , the room service staff made sure the rooms were pristine. The breakfast was plentiful and varied and despite small eating area worked really well- there was always space for our group of 4. Good free wifi and chilled water on tap The bedroom was fine but a bit dated- however it was very comfortable and clean - beds and pillows great. Bathrooms tiny but adequate with clean fresh towels and toiletries . We asked to change rooms after 2 nights as our first room was facing the road so we never used the balcony as it was too noisy. Our second room was a touch bigger and balcony lots quieter - also there was no damp small from the aircon( we did notice a whiff of damp in first room when air on was on). It was great having a fridge microwave and 2 TVs and a small living room area and a huge walk in in wardrobe - think however the rooms could be redesigned to make better use of the space they have However we spent little time in the room as we were out seeing sites The valet service is well worth the $12 a day- use it - we did but ironically we left our car on the kerb side ( red area) for an hour while popping back into the room and got a $93 fine! The valet attendant take your keys and park your car at the back or underneath - they a efficient and friendly. Finally we got 2 large ( and they were large) take away pizzas one night delivered speedily in 40 minutes, from Louise's restaurant . It was pretty pricey ($50) but they were absolutely delicious and there was loads left over for lunch the next day. Location wise it was very easy to reach places such as Venice beach and Santa Monica by car using the. Dry long Pico Boulevard instead of the freeways. Also drive to Hollywood/ sunset boulevard area was fine too, again on the smaller local roads.

• King Room - Non Smoking

The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very good. The hotel location was the reason I chose this hotel. I made an error booking my reservation, and the Assistant Manager could not have been more helpful in correcting my problem. I would stay there again.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

Need some work and way too expensive for the area. The room smells old and does not look clean. The staffs including the parking gentlemen were very nice. The breakfast ladies were as well nice. The room for the price is very small. The bathroom is way too small. Property needs renovations.

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

The sofa sleeper could use a better mattress.

The staff was great as was the free breakfast. The location was the best! Just a few more muted from everything and we were always traveling with little traffic!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

We put the "please clean room" sign out at 8am when we left the hotel, and when we returned at 1:45pm it still had not been cleaned. When management was asked, they stated that the room would not be cleaned until after check in at 3pm. The morning we checked out, the hotel started a paving project in the AM that was VERY loud and disruptive. We were so glad we were leaving! This room had the smallest bathroom ever. The sink water flow was so restricted, it was hard to wash properly.

When we checked in we were assigned the room at the elevator. When I say at the elevator, I mean 1 foot away, (very unusual arrangement)! We asked for another room and they were able to move us. We liked that our room was a suite, with a separate "living room".

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

The front of the property was under construction which I wasn't aware of by this website nor the hotels website. Wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

I booked the spa tub room through booking.com and it was really spacious! The staff was attentive and the parking attendant was fast! I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast.

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

The only thing I didn't like is that the breakfast it only starts at 7 a.m., it could start one hour earlier.

The staff was amazing and the location it worked very well for us. The beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• King Room - Non Smoking

The swimming pool was dirty and needed a clean.

Excellent location, metro and buses with in a 2 minutes walking distance. Staff were friendly and very attentive. The breakfast staff were always ensuring that everything was topped up and available. Our room was cleaned daily and the complimentary coffee replenished.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

Extra fee for parking Valet parking was probably not necessary Pool was tiny, but better than no pool at all

Location was convenient with a metro stop only two blocks away and lots of Asian eateries a few more blocks away. Bed was comfortable

• King Room - Non Smoking

The value/room high as nothing special in the location or the facilities to rise the prices, although my stay wasn't in high season The rooms don't have sound proof, which annoyed me when I wanted to sleep early.

Nothing special.

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Parking was an additional $15 and the parking lot was small. if it wasn't for valet, I would not have been able to squeeze my mid-size car into the spots.

The customer service was good. They allowed a late check out when I requested additional time to shower after completing the LA Marathon :)

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Carrying our luggage to the room was difficult. The man who was supposed to help us was too busy with parking. That doesn't mind, but at first, this man and the staff at the front didn't tell us that we could use the entrance to the elevator from the parking place outside. And you need your keys. Otherwise you have to manage with the step(s) inside. Luckily another staff saw us at the steps and told us.

Breakfast was good. Liked the eggs and bacon. Coffee was also very good.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Queen Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access - Non smoking

All in all it was a great place. But the facilities are a bit dated. And could use a bit of a renovation. The facility is showing its age.

Continental breakfast was great. Location was excellent in proximity to my destination. Staff was awesome.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

Wi-Fi played up a bit, I have iphone and although my Facebook would work, Safari would not though I was connected; my partner experienced same issue when trying to check details or book tickets.

Great location, we did not drive on this trip so having a Metro rail station near by was great; just a couple of stops to Santa Monica and easy connections to Hollywood / Universal studios and other parts of LA. Friendly staff, nice selection of food for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

The front desk concierge Fred was super helpful, as we were dealing with a disabled person and the hotel had some faults about it, but he did his best and went an extra mile to make sure we were happy and satisfied!

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

The cleaning wasn't perfect. It was very expensive for a Best Western with limited facilities.

The frontdesk person Fred was really wonderful, extraordinaryly helpful and pleasant and we enjoyed every interaction with him.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

Noisy guests during the night walking down corridor. This is not a reflection of the hotel but a reflection of rude members of society

A good selection of breakfast eatery.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

Our room the first half of our stay was on the busy sepulveda blvd, so noisy with traffic. We requested a room at the back which was not a problem.

Loved the spaciousness of the accommodation and breakfast varied and plentiful with fresh fruit and bottled water available.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

Very poor breakfast. small pool area. Small room. noise from upstairs occupants. Very noisy air conditioning in room. Very noisy extractor in bathroom. No lift.

when i extended my stay after 12 nights, the gentleman in reception upgraded my room to a beautiful suite without extra money. very close to metro station. Friendly polite staff. vending machine for drinks.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

The Parking situation is a little bit of a hassle, I would consider possibly just including a valet charge into each room. That would help. I would not charge 12$ for parking. Like I said free valet, just raise the room rate 10$ or so. Parking is a huge hassle at a lot of hotels. If you did this you would eliminate that problem.

Very clean!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

Pool area small. Dining area cramped. This was very pricey for a 3 night stay in comparison to the hotels we had previously stopped at during our road trip. It was also the hotel we least liked. In my opinion not good value for money at all.

Staff and valet parking

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

The place location is great to go around LA, the facilities are good, with parking, pool, etc. The best part is really with the service and the friendliness of the staff!!!

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

Air conditioning in bedroom right next to the bed and with high temperatures in LA this meant one of us had to go cold at night!

Good rooms well maintained. Pool and jacuzzi small but a bonus feature really. Breakfast good and staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

Only draw back the air conditioners in the room was not working well, it did not cool off no matter how low the temperture was set during the day.

The breakfast bar was nicely stocked and staff was the nicest !

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

They didn't have free parking available. They only had Valet parking for $20/night.

They had free breakfast available.

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

No elevator. Hard for heavy luggage even if it was just 2 floors. Wifi was unstable.

Everything else was solid.

Bed and room view

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

Parking is $20 a day! I wasnt aware of this.

The breakfast was great, our room was also HUGE! with a Jacuzzi for us to enjoy!

Uncomfortable bed Poor parking No place to walk to

Small pool

Helpful staff,

Tiny bathroom

Suite was open with plenty of room and balcony

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

Disabled access to the rooms

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

The neighbourhood is a bit boring. Not much to do in walking distance.

A central location, near the highway. Simple but nice breakfast

Bathroom a bit crowded

Everything’s perfectly functional.

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

No way that I could see to turn up the mini fridge to a colder temp. It was so warm in there it didn’t keep my waters and iced teas cold

Nice staff

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

The staff was nice.and courteous. The room was comfortable, and clean. The breakfast is good. The hotel is quiet.

parking

good location, nice breakfast, comfortable and clean

Great breakfast!

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

The bathroom was very small. Too small for two people to be in the bathroom at the same time

See above

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non Smoking

Limited seating at breakfast, onsite parking is cramped

Great location, friendly staff

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

Very clean. Provided breakfast and they also have a gym, a game room and a pool! And it’s nearby food places so you’ll never go hungry.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

The noise! I didn't realize the hotel was so close to the metro.

The staff are really nice and the rooms comfortable.

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

Size of the bathroom and the size if the breakfast room. Few tables.

The room with the balcony and the tv room. The coffee was great.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

The bathroom was too small

Breakfast was great, beds were very comfortable, and staff were extra nice.

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

Ideally located between Santa Monica and Beverly Hills with the Metro one block away, great staff very helpful, breakfast and wifi are pluses

• King Room - Non Smoking

A bit far from Santa Monica downtown, but easy to access to with Metro (15min)

Friendly stuff - comfy room!

The staff

A roof

Was really great

Was really great, good location

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

great room space great parking valet spaces awesome staff awesome breakfast perfect location in the middle of all of LA good price best sheets

Courtesy

Elevator felt sketchy

Pancake maker

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

The breakfast menu is the same every day. I hope that there would be variations.

The courteousness of the staff is excellent.

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

Small breakfast area and poor selection.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Only parking for the property was a $12 fee!

Balcony and the add-on room with couch, TV, refrigerator

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

Bathroom very small. Minimal storage for toiletries.

Very nice sheets and towels. Wonderful staff and breakfast.

• Queen Room - Non Smoking

That the parking was not free

Very big and confortable room.

• Premium Suite with Two Queen Beds with Balcony - Non smoking

Great location, handy for transport.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Friendly staff, very clean, and quiet.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• King Room - Non Smoking

Bathroom was very very tiny. Smallest one I've ever been in....rm 310.

Bed was very nice. Nice sitting room & deck.