Reviews of Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center 3 stars

181 Boston Post Road West, Marlborough, MA 01752, USA

#6 of 9 hotels in Marlborough

Nice size room, coomfy beds, with a nice flat screen tv.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice size room, coomfy beds, with a nice flat screen tv. Breakfast was excellent and all the staff in the breakfast room were very pleasant and friendly. Front staff pleasant and helpful as well.

Good value for price.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was remodeled. Fixtures still old. Grouo if kids stayed on floor. You could hear everything. Awful but not totally hotels fsult.

I booked the same day. They had availability.

Service was amazing!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was clean, but could use an overal remodel/ update

Service was amazing! Every person I came into contact with, was friendly, helpful, and over the top accommodating.

Good rate;
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Main entrance was closed. Confusing to get in the hotel the first time. Room smelled like stale cigarettes; stains on room carpeting.

Good rate; complimentary breakfast.

Hot breakfast came with the room rate from Booking, while...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hot breakfast came with the room rate from Booking, while the rooms reserved thru the BW site using the conference code got only the cold breakfast with room.

Room service knocking on the door @8:20am twice while we are...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room service knocking on the door @8:20am twice while we are sleeping Security guy entered the room @11h30 a.m. with my wife inside and two kids (1 year and 5 years) without permission to tell them that it’s time to check out It was very scary to my family to see someone in the room. So weird. Don’t recommend at all specially for families

The Staff are very guest orientated,.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

deluxe room, really was a normal room in most hotels I've stayed in..over a million flyers miles here. Had guest visiting me for the day and there was only one chair in the deluxe room...

The Staff are very guest orientated,. One name is Shaun Bar tender and waiter in Sports bar. Restaurant was closed....due to lack of guests. Only 30 of us in house. Shaun (spelling) went out of his way to be sure that we had a great experience. Manager of the Sports bar also went out of his way to be sure we had a good experience. The woman in the breakfast room also was exceptional. If I were to go back it would be due to the staff such as these two...

OK Stay for Christmas Eve
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noisy heater and smell of smoke in room

We were there for Christmas Eve so we could visit relatives in the area. The staff onsite were very nice but our overall assessment of the hotel would be somewhat skewed as they were minimally staffed since there weren't many guests. Our room had two double beds and was a good size. The TV had plenty of channels. The included breakfast was very good. The room has an old school combination for the heater and A/C in the wall. It was effective but very noisy as it kicked on and off all night. The room also smelled like smoke even it it was non-smoking and we both awoke stuffed up. We reported it to the front desk when leaving and they said that housekeeping would check into it. Other than that, our stay was fine but the hotel seems to be in a bit of a time warp.

It is tucked away in a quiet location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk day time guy was very rude. I dont know his name. He is tall, dark skin and doesnt like to talk. I even asked him why he doesnt reply verbally to me instead of just nodding and shaking head and he blames it on his raspy voice. That is no excuse.

It is tucked away in a quiet location.

Hotel somewhat dated but nice. Heater in room is archaic and inadequate.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Difficult to control heat. Heater was extremely noisy but if turned down, room was unbearably cold. Heating system is archaic.

Room was nice. Lobby Atrium very nice.

Elevators are fast - no waiting .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The restaurant food was barely ok could not recommend The light on the smoke detector over the bed is VERY BRIGHT Tub was clean enough for a soak but the plug was broken:(

Elevators are fast - no waiting . Window in room opens for fresh air

The room was nice and clean. You should train the servers and food staff to be more friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff at the bar/restaurant were not friendly the evening I spent there (dinner and drinks) waitress was rude, not knowledgeable and the food was not as good as when we had our event last year. Our company is the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission and our agency paid big bucks to have an event there. The staff in the restaurant in the morning are awesome! Accommodating and very friendly - give them a raise

Staff at front desk and event staff were friendly and helpful.

Comfy beds, big room, good food at the bar grill.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Picked this hotel as it said it had a guest laundry but it didn't - you had to send clothes away and we didn't have time for this.

Comfy beds, big room, good food at the bar grill.

Close to the trade center.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower was disgusting. Hadn't been cleaned. Left over soap from prior guest and the tub was slimy. Peeling wall paper. Plug didn't work on lamp so there was an extension cord to use. I complained and was moved to a cleaner room. This room was the same layout but much much newer and cleaner. When I checked out today I asked how for future stays can I get a cleaner nicer room like the one I was moved to... was told I was moved to a deluxe room from a standard room. So I have to pay more for a clean room?

Close to the trade center.

The property is a little hidden and difficult to find.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property is a little hidden and difficult to find. The city decided to do construction on the street making it a little more difficult . But overall , it was fine. There were trees blocking the sign for the hotel.

Amazing hotel. A true GEM!

Leaving

Staff was amazing! Property was phenomenal, restaurant & buffet breakfast with waffles, eggs and truly amazing selection! Room was perfect. Two queen sized beds, plenty of room and very clean! Swimming pool, arcade room and phenomenal food/service/Wi-Fi/staff, was enjoyed & appreciated by entire family!

The staff was great, kind and friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel itself has poor air circulation and feels like it's due for a renovation. In the exercise room there was a huge leak from the ceiling. In our room the wallpaper was peeling.

The staff was great, kind and friendly. The free breakfast was also really good.

Will not stay here again
    • Queen Room with Disability Access - Non Smoking

Air conditioner did not work as hotel saves money by setting a/c at automatic settings. Smoke from hotel diesel generator smoke stuck went right to my room and made me sick.

Food

Clean, Comfortable, and Pet-friendly
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

larger pillows, better shampoo, soap ect, no pet welcome package

Friendly staff, indoor fountain, indoor pool, great breakfast, clean new rooms, easy to walk to a shopping center, easy to drive to, good places to eat nearby

Resonable and the breakfeast made it.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Elevators made us a little nervous. Seemed like you might get stuck. Never did but from 6th floor always went very slow and bounced as we were stopping.

Breakfast.

I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

1 - asked for a quiet room, was put next to a bunch of "party goers" who were loud all night; one also (drunk I assume) was banging on my door at 2 o'clock in the morning! 2 - dinner at on-site restaurant, no service available, no "take out" available, and no room service dining available 3 - breakfast, non-existent I will be contacting the manager about all this

Wi-Fi worked fine

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

A comfortable place with friendly and helpful staff

Nada - it was good!

Breakfast was very good and staff attentive. I wish there was more time to enjoy it, as I was rushed to get to an appointment. Note that this was not a fault of the hotel; I arrived late so slept in a bit.

Good and quiet location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast - very basic, no variety at all. No cheese, no cold cuts. Furniture in rooms a bit old. Aircon very loud. Wifi is not very good in the room. Difficult to use when the hotel is full.

Good and quiet location.

The staff was very kind and the breakfast was wonderful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were very old and uncomfortable. The room was very tired and did not feel clean at all due to the age of it.

The staff was very kind and the breakfast was wonderful.

Excellent Stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room i was sent to was stinking of cigarette smoke and automatic AC unit not convenient plus i had two young kids with me. Prefer personalized/self regulated with possibly a wall thermostat. I was able to contact front office and they put me into a better and clean room immediately.

Nice continental breakfast, warm heated swimming pool, very caring staff and hotel was in excellent location.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

One night stay with pet
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Heat in the room was really high when we walked into room.

Breakfast was great along with service. I forgot my backpack and the staff secured this until I could return later that weekend.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Very convenient to the the convention center and having...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

there were papers and old food stuffed behind the refrig and microwave that I found when looking to plug in a lamp; the heat in the room did not work, only blew cold air regardless of heat temperature and setting

Very convenient to the the convention center and having restaurants onsite

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

handicap access room was excellent, comfortable and easy...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

the bathtub needed another grab bar for exiting the tub

handicap access room was excellent, comfortable and easy access; staff were all helpful and cheerful which makes the stay enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

I like my stay in BW!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It could be better if water for drinking is available.

The location is convenient! The environment around the hotel is perfect and I did enjoy my stay there.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

the heater in the room made so much noise that it kept us up...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the heater in the room made so much noise that it kept us up most of the night. When I told the staff in the morning they didn't even seem to care. seemed very rude.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The night time staff (5pm) didn't know how to handle my...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The night time staff (5pm) didn't know how to handle my check in properly. They said I was already paid, but when using Booking.com, you must pay at check in. I kept insisting I wasn't because I didn't give any payment information, but the man said I was. I was so concerned that someone had hacked my infomation that I didn't sleep well. When I went to check out in the morning I asked the morning person to check it again. He did so and found it was not paid. I told him what had happened at check in and that I should get a reward for being honest. I could have left without paying, $135 back in my pocket would have been nice. I also told him the the evening staff might need some retraining as well as some customer service work. The gentleman at the front desk in the morning was very friendly and basically just shook his head and said thank you for being honest and caring.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hallways were hot! Dated need updating. The worse part is I reserved three rooms months ago and when My brother called to change his reservation They couldnt find the reservation even with the confirmation numbercalled booking.com everything was good on their end. Was not a happy camper!!!

Breakfast. Bar & grille a great place for get together.

Just Ok. Staff was great, rooms... not so much
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Rooms were a little run down for what we paid to stay there. Beds were hard with no give, bathroom was a sliding door that looked like it was from the 70's.

Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Horrible mildew smell
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was an incredibly strong dank musty mildew smell in the room - it was terrible! Same horrible smell was in most of the conference rooms and a/c not working properly - rooms were either sweltering hot or freezing cold.

Construction.

Construction. Elevators were very bouncy

The shower did not work.

The shower did not work.

called down to front desk many times and no one ever...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

called down to front desk many times and no one ever answered. shower floor gross looking

The relaxed atmosphere

The relaxed atmosphere

Poor Condition

Poor Condition

We would stay here again !!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room was bright and cheery!!

Love breakfast

Love breakfast

Good. Would stay again

Had to ask to have room cleaned. Elevators needed vacuuming.good.

Beautiful room!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool area was not very clean. Floor was kind of gross.

Beautiful room! Comfortable beds!

good breakfast, mostly
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bacon not good lumpy bed

good breakfast, mostly

Comfortable and enjoyable

Everything was comfortable.

My stay was beyond by expectations!!

Need a juccuzzi!!!

Molly at the front desk was incredibly helpful!! The breakfast staff were incredibly helpful and went above and beyond!!

Felt every comfortable, nice and quiet.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pricing for two days

Felt every comfortable, nice and quiet.

Staff great .
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff great . Breakfest above average . Rooms slightly dated . Could use a facelift , but staff and breakfast is way above par . Will stay again

Convenient, friendly staff, complimentary breakfast

Right off highway.

Convenient, friendly staff, complimentary breakfast

Beds were comfy.

Coffee could be stronger

Beds were comfy. Breakfast was really good. Could use a stronger coffee

The breakfast buffet
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The tv is poorly located (too low) and the beds were poorly made

The breakfast buffet

We had a nice comfy stay.

nice breakfast buffet included

We ran out the hotel after seeing a big bug in the room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness and the staff indifference to a bug we found in the room.

It was a nice enough stay, although nothing stood out as exceptional.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was comfortable and clean. Although I did not interact with the staff they seemed nice enough.

friendly staff, comfortable rooms
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

signage at the street is hard to see

friendly staff, comfortable rooms

Fabulous
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was delicious and our waiter Jeff was very nice!!!

Staff is ALWAYS excellent!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff is ALWAYS excellent! Great property, restaurant, indoor pool, gym and very clean/comfortable rooms!

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Price charged at hotel was higher than booking. Daily required fee for ???

Bathroom

Old hotel. Need serious updating

Bathroom

Nice stay

Breakfast was uninspired

Staff was attentive and pleasant

very fresh, good selection for buffet.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

very fresh, good selection for buffet. It was day after July 4th so considering there were not many guests it was excellent.

Breakfast was warm not hot

Breakfast was warm not hot

we were very pleased with the hotel. thanks
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

need better pet area outside

the staff was very helpful and friendly. good food and very helpful wait staff.

Staff is very nice.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms are dated and do not match the photos. Booked a queen got a double. Placed way up on the top floor facing back side.

Staff is very nice.

I had a fantastic time at the Best Western Royal Trade Center!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything was excellent for Mothers Day Weekend!!

Breakfast and room service food and front desk customer service!!!

Nothing never staying again

The whole experienced

Nothing never staying again

Excellent stay, staff excellence experience

The staff was awesome

Very good hot breakfast.

Very good hot breakfast.

Just ok
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator, billed incorrectly.

Restaurant service

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Good staff and clean rooms
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast tasted horrible and dry

Staff was very good and the rooms were clean

The bed was comfortable

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

great hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

LOVED the breakfast and also the staff went out of their way to be helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Good staying and enjoying

Air conditioner, wifi

Good breakfast, clean room, good location

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Awesome stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great place, great staff!