Reviews of Best Western Salisbury Plaza 2 stars

1735 North Salisbury Boulevard, Salisbury, MD 21801, USA

#11 of 12 hotels in Salisbury

6.2

Please vacuum the plaster chunks and dust

Glad freshly made oatmeal was part of breakfast! Appreciate the new construction uplift but they really should have vacuumed our room. Chunks of plaster and plaster dust was a bummer. Bathroom full view mirror had gross smudges. Other than that, good value and location for our needs.

Nice boy at the front desk that checked us in he had his...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No maintenance on property, half our lights were out we couldn’t even get a lightbulb or 2. The lady next to us had no lights at all and the maintenance man wasn’t even going to be there until the next day. Dead roaches in bathroom. Ac didn’t work at all kept blowing out hot air. Trash literally everywhere. Worst night of sleep and supposedly this hotel is newly renovated?? What a joke should have stayed at the place next door just as sketchy but 30 dollars cheaper. This was not worth 100 a night.

Nice boy at the front desk that checked us in he had his hands full though with no help and no maintenance on property.

The pool, the room set up.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast (no meat), the property itself looked like it was undergoing renovations, debris from construction was just laying around. The bed wasn’t comfortable at all

The pool, the room set up. The staff member that checked me in was really cheerful

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Room was spacious, and clean for the most part.
    • King Room - Smoking

Pool was small, dirty, and freezing. Construction outside of door. Stains on the sofa chair, bed, and new towels brought from room service.

Room was spacious, and clean for the most part. You could smoke inside the room. Breakfast was okay.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Property is being upgraded.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Upgraded, so it was good, but not gutted. Some old fixtures remain.

Property is being upgraded. Lobby with breakfast is nice. Good water pressure. Comfortable beds. Fair price. Cleanliness A-.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Would suggest you stay somewhere else until renovations are complete and rooms updated.

There was construction going on, which we weren't made aware of. The entire property was a mess. We checked in at the front desk early, but didn't go to our room until that night. The door was slightly ajar and wasn't locked. Flies were everywhere. The decor of the room was dated. You could clearly see efforts of repair, but still needed a lot done. The bathroom floor was a wood-look vinyl that had bubbles in it, probably from the steam/water from the shower. The king-size bed was not firm. Breakfast was okay, not a lot of choices.

Air conditioning, nice hot shower and distance to Salisbury University and major shopping areas.

Over all it was OK but it could have been better.
    • Double Room - Mobility Accessible

The used floor mat and washcloths were removed but we had to go to the front desk and get some fresh ones because they weren't replaced. The building was under renovation in front of and near our room which made it a little messy. We also didn't like the additional $54+ fee that is added and then refunded (waiting). We could have used a TV guide to see what was on different channels at night. We particularly don't like the extra fee that is to be refunded because it says nothing about that on line.

The ac and over all condition of the room. The refrigerator, microwave, large bathroom and clothing rack were all pluses. It was quiet. The waffles were good and for the most part the staff was friendly and courteous.

I myself would not recommend anyone to stay at that Best Western

The room that I got the bed was on the floor the mattress look dirty need better customer service can improve on their mattresses for the money you spend per night they should have better mattresses. I have been in better Best Westerns look much better at lower cost

The location that's what I like about Best Western .

Everything was okay, for breakfast could of had some...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The washing machine and dryer was not good. My clothes did nit dry for the price $2.00, the dryer should.of been hot.

Everything was okay, for breakfast could of had some kind of meat.

Horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Very unpleasant atmosphere and dirty hotel.

My room smell like dog urine the carpet was soak and wet the floor was dirty in the bathroom the toilet had urine all over it. They could not give me a clean room no one ever came to the room to see what I was talking about the front desk clerk was rude and disrespectful. The outside of the hotel walls were falling apart the pool was filthy

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Our air conditioner was leaking it was like a swamp on the floor. And it sound terrible mold smell.

How to was 30 minutes from the beach and at a get rate for a night too!

Great price, but absolutely nothing else positive. We will never stay there again!

Construction all around the property was a decided inconvenience. The Men's Room off the Lobby had no soap or seat protectors for the duration of our stay, even though I brought it to the attention of the Front Desk each morning. The breakfast was mediocre at best; the simple addition of bacon or sausage (or sausage gravy for the biscuits) would have helped. No ice available anywhere (the ice machines were all marked "out of order").

Amit, the General Manager, was VERY helpful. Kelly at the Front Desk was GREAT. All the other staff we encountered were surely (Anton in the Lobby has NO people skills). The woman supervising housekeeping did absolutely nothing except greet people and smoke constantly.

Uncomfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

First room given to us was filthy,pool also dirty Asked the cleaning lady with blue hair for clean towels and she said they didn’t have any once they wash some she bring some she never did

Front desk night time worker very polite and pleasant

The stay was very nice

I almost feel twice the walkway was not level and going up the stairs to the room the rail was loose and some of the steps were not in go condition.

I enjoy the stay, The room was very clean, I enjoy the pool, The hospitality was great!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Cool for a 1 night
    • Double Room - Mobility Accessible

Had to change room, had horrible mildew smell and was damp. Second room, tables were dirty. Beds were hard. No pool towels, front desk clerk had us wait for 40 mons for towels and never brought them to us. Breakfast was disgusting, watery microwaved eggs, no breakfast meat. Ran out of condiments.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Salisbury BW stay

I realize they r updating but this is not as nice as other BW I have stayed in across the country. Towels were like sandpaper, breakfast ok. Extra towels in room would be nice.

Staff very nice, room was clean

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Never would use this hotel
    • Double Room with Roll In Shower - Mobility Accessible

Asked for king size bed got double. Many flies in room and had to get fly swatter. We killed 6 of them. Shower faucet broken and gave cold water maintenance person was part time and could only come in the evening to fix it. Rug dirty and transferred to our socks

The stay was ok after we moved.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The 1st room did not meet our expectation and had to be moved. The windows was extremely dirty. Hair in the toilet as if it had not been cleaned. Water in shower was dripping and could not be turned off. No meat on breakfast menu and food was not good. Ate out the second day. Pool was dirty- lots of hair and grime from sun-screen lotion we assume.

The staff was professional. Coffee was good!

Convenient location, easy to find.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast hot foods left a little to be desired. Rooms was small and very, very strong odor of cleaning chemicals. Wardrobe in room was big and goofy. No place to set things on such as desk or table.

Bed was comfortable

The room was clean & comfortable

I booked a king bed and when I checked in they wanted to give me a room with 2 double beds. Not acceptable. No towels/washcloths in room and when I told the front desk he said "We were short".

The room was clean & comfortable

Worst

Me and My Mother have stayed here many times. This was the only Hotel my mother would stay at in Salisbury before the new management and now it is the worst BED BUGS , TVS work in some rooms. Rooms are very outdated. You can tell new management has took over. WON’T BE STAYING THERR AGAIN

one staff member is why I came back

Staff tried to rip me off.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff tried to rip me off. Manager amit patil was not inclined to give a refund when I tried to cancel the booking, and instead blamed booking.com. I could clearly make out his deception.

Stay here if you cant find something closer or cheaper, but it is not close to the beach by any mean

The staff was not helpful. They would not allow us to check in and then go to the beach previous to the 3 pm check in time. I didn't even want the actual room at this time, just pay and be checked in to come back later on. I even asked if we could hang out at the pool, due to the somewhat lengthy drive to the beach. They stated "they couldn't find the key, so no we couldn't even do that." They suggested we go to the mall and hang out for 4 hours. The one staff kept complaining that there was only him and one other and they had to clean so many rooms! One in our room it was dirty and had not been swept in some time considering the things that were on the floor and in the corners. The website stated they were 8 miles from the beach where in reality it was about a 40 minute drive to Ocean City. The pool is tiny and there are NO pool side rooms. The picture on the site is NOT what is actually there. Be aware of your surroundings and make sure you do more checking than what I did.

The beds were comfortable and it was quiet.

There was no shower head attachment and I had to hold the...
    • Double Room - Mobility Accessible

There was no shower head attachment and I had to hold the shower head over myself to shower and no one was in the lobby to help me nor did I get compensated.

Fell on room due to poor concerns of staff inabilities and when I went to report no forms
    • King Room - Smoking

Fell and hit head and back due to chair only having 3 wheels to support instead of 4 let’s me know that customer safety is not a concern and who is checking to see if all rooms are ready for customers

Close to destination

Was basic hotel which is what we wanted.

The shower handle didn't work right. Hard to turn left leaving .

Was basic hotel which is what we wanted. Good continental breakfast. Easy check in and out.

The Nastiest Room Ever!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The room wasnt cleaned. No pillow cases, cleaning supplies in the room, no trash bags in the dirty trash cans, floor unswept, dirty towels on the floor. It was horrible.,

Location was good. Located right off 13North

I would do it all again the next time I need a get away this will be the place.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

At first the people that was working on the rooms beside us kind of scared my child but overall my stay was joyable.

I like the way the staff was super helpful and respectful to us as their guest. Antiwone I hope I spelt it right was my favorite overall it's just his personality that made it a pressure of staying at the hotel. So he gets a big thumbs up so he needs to be recognized.

I'd come back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room wasn't clean had to change rooms. Mirror had lipstick kisses all over there was a sanitary napkin behind the bathroom door, floor was not swept nor mopped fridge had stuff spilled inside.

smoking rooms

They tried to charge me more than what I was supposed to and...

They tried to charge me more than what I was supposed to and my card just wouldn’t go through for the 78 but I literally just added 80 in my acct which just proves they were trying to charge more than they were supposed to an more than what she was telling me she was charging so I couldn’t stay

We were accommodated and got a room with larger bed.
    • Double Room with Roll In Shower - Mobility Accessible

The first room double bed was way to small for two adults' Pillows ?? but could be used.

We were accommodated and got a room with larger bed. The facilities were fine, coffee in the room and good shower.

worst place i have every stayed at.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

we booked a double room and did not get one and they would not moves bed was unsafe it lean no matter what side you sat on... breast fest was not good at all. the staff was not nice and really rude

Low price, but they need to work on making people feel welcome.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

When we ate breakfast the front desk people were just starting at us and it was extremely uncomfortable, Not was there many breakfast options. The tv was terrible quality (visibly), and the coffee they provided tasted horrible.

The bed was super comfy, and the bath tub was perfect for my nightly baths.

Awful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff is rude and the very disrespectful. The level of customer satisfaction provided by the staff and management is unacceptable and I would not recommend anyone staying at this location ever.

Great stay for the price

Sometimes it isn't easy to get in and out of the property with traffic but that isn't that bad. But that's really the only complaint I have everything else is pretty good.

It was clean and easy to check in and out. This is the only hotel I stay at when I travel up to Salisbury.

I liked absolutely nothing about this place.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The second I walked into the lobby to get my key I was greeted with the worst odor I have ever encountered in a Hotel. My room was old and tired and had its own odor problem, the bathroom had grime, mildewed calk and the shower head was a piece of crap. The bed was awful and people were "cruising" the parking lot all evening. The breakfast in the morning was the last punch in the gut..... reconstituted eggs? Yuck.

I liked absolutely nothing about this place.

Glad the price was right!

The bed was too firm; like sleeping on the floor. The walls were not very soundproof as we could hear our neighbors and the road noise. Also, the door to the room slams shut and it was very annoying during the night when this would happen. The breakfast did not offer a good variety. Except for the eggs, everything was sugary carbs.

The price was reasonable especially since I booked last minute. This BW Inn was located is close vicinity to where we were visiting.

Bath, sink, and toilet brand new.

I don't get Best Western rewards points because I used booking.com to reserve. I could have an additional 10% off if I had booked direct with Best Western.

Bath, sink, and toilet brand new.

It was comfortable
    • King Room - Smoking

That somebody at the front desk told a stranger that i was there and gave them my room number.That should of never happen.

My room was cozy i liked it.

Grossed out !
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was dirty the bathroom was dirty , only give you one towel and wash cloth for two people, and if you ask for more they won't bring them up you have to go get them . Worst Best Western I have ever been at ..

Nice location

It was nice overall.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn't like was that I called to see if I could check in any sooner. Although I know this is not always available, the man who answered was kind of rude and bluntly said "if you check in any sooner you will have to pay for last night too." I have never heard of this before. And he was not very friendly.

The check in process was so easy. The staff was really nice. Thebes's were really comfortable.

This stay made me very wary of staying at a best western again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk greeted us saying how tired he was and was wearing a shirt that looked he was gardening(dirty) charged us an xtra $25 for early check in. There was no one there, the room was ready, don't know what the big deal was

Their current rates were lower than what we paid through booking.com

Cheap and convenient . Bare bones and basic.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Lobby is in good shape but other parts of property could use an update.

Price was the deciding factor. We got a great value and chose savings over perks.

will definitely consider this hotel again for our next trip
    • Queen Room - Smoking

you could hear people talking outside...

the room was great as well as the price...a little drive from the ocean city boardwalk, but for the price it was well worth the drive...the staff was great and check in and out went super fast...really close to a lot of restaurants

Nothing, really.
    • King Room - Smoking

Needs a looot of maintenance and cleaning. Squeaky and uncomfortable mattress. I paid $170 for something that was not worth more then $40.

Nothing, really.

Stay Clear of This Best Westernl
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Checked in at 4:30pm. Bed was made, however no towels, washcloths, toiletries. & no toilet paper. Exhaust fan broken. Blow dyer also not working. Called for replacement one and front desk stated they were unable to replace as Hotel completely full. The parking lot only 1/3 full of by 9pm. The am manager said there were plenty of unoccupied rooms to switch out a blowdryer. Frustrating. Pool was overtaken by 30+ teens till 10p. Afterwards teens were running & screaming about the parking lot well after 11:30pm. Tried to contact manager Amit Patel, multiple times after checkout. He never responded to calls. Will never return to a Best Western ever!

Quick check in

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Staff and property VERY good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Location, no food or bar within walking distance. I like a beer in the evening with my meal, only driver on trip. Taxi possible but extra expense.American tour

Staff and property VERY good

Close to main highway.
    • Double Room with Roll In Shower - Mobility Accessible

It was more like a dew drop inn to us. Was clean, but had faint mold smell.

It wasn't out of way for where I had to be the next morning. An not off the main highway I was traveling.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Would never come back

Woke up after a hour of sleep with bits from my shoulder up to the back of my neck. Looked like bed bug bites. Left immediately!!!!

Appeared clean and was affordable

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

I liked the room and the set up I work at a hotel so it was...
    • Double Room with Roll In Shower - Mobility Accessible

The first room I got was 211 the bed wasn't made so I went back down and told the front desk she apologize and gave me another room that the bed was made and cleaned 217 I enjoyed the stay and will come back as always didn't like the eggs to watery never had eggs with water in them.

I liked the room and the set up I work at a hotel so it was clean

Staff doesn't have good attitidue- front desk
    • King Room - Smoking

Staff was not friendly when I checked in, never smiled and didn't really seem to care about what I was questioning. I'm all about a first impression and my expiernce was horrible just because of that. White lady between 30-40 blonde hair needs to be gone cause I'll never stay again

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Salisbury Best Western is the Best for My Money!
    • Double Room with Roll In Shower - Mobility Accessible

I did not like the Wifi. I believe you need to investigate in some upgrades or something. My emails did not go through to the recipients. The computer at the business center did not work.

I really like the bed. I fell asleep immediately after my head hit the pillow. The room was nice and cool and I was exhausted. Thank you because I needed sleep for my meeting the next day. The lady at check in was very nice. The lady at check out could have been more pleasant. She made me stand there while she instructed the cleaning people on how to wipe a wall and I had to go.

Annoyed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty shower water from the room above came through the ceiling vent over the toilet. The staff said it happens occasionally acting as if it were okay that someone's dirty shower water was coming down on my head and flooding the bathroom. They reported that it would stop when they were finished up there. They offered a new room, but everyone else was already asleep. They should've at least given us a discount at check out but they didn't offer to do that.

Beds were comfy, room would have been adequate for the money if not for the disaster in the bathroom at 2300 at night.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

My stay was great
    • Double Room - Mobility Accessible

the tub was a little dirty , & they was working on something so it was a little hard to sleep

The bed was very comfortable, had a lot of good channels to watch on tv , it's in a convenient location ...

Price was fine.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was a dirty wash cloth in my bathroom. A hot pocket in my refridge..I checked in late so when I seen the stuff in the room. I called the front desk and the guy came and cleaned the stuff out the room.

Price was fine. Location was good. Room was a nice size.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The first stay was a lot better than this one.

The large gap at the bottom and right side of the door. Especially since the door lead directly outside.

The breakfast was okay. The door to the room had a large gap at the bottom. You could actually see outside.

DON'T STAY HERE
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The rooms look like bates motel and they still charge you a cancellation fee even if your not happy. Bugs and smelly room. They refuse to make you happy and will charge you a ridiculous cancellation fee

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

It was a bargain priced special. I'd go back.
    • Double Room with Roll In Shower - Mobility Accessible

The pillow were too fat. Not enough toiletries.

The large bathroom and the great special price. The bed was very comfortable. There was a shower chair.

Great place to stay.

The lady at the front desk at checkout today was extremely unfriendly and rude.

Location, clean rooms, comfortable accommodations The other front desk lady we had at check in and when we extended our stay was excellent...

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Not what it appeared to be.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was empty but all the people who checked in where put on the same side same place. Spread out the rooms. $50-$60. But changed $75. Not worth it especially since pictures online were deceiving. Made it look more upscale than what it was.

At least it was only one night.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

A good place to spend the night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Because we were only there overnight there was not time to evaluate more. We wanted a place to just spend 1 night and it was comfortable. it was a clean friendly place. The help we did encounter (front desk and breakfast help) were friendly and professional.

The room was good. We did appreciate the small refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The before was comfortable and the room was nice.

Not given a late check out of noon, instead the insisted on 11:30am then harassed us exactly 11:35 by calling and knocking on the door. They were not busy or crowded it was a Sunday am.

The before was comfortable and the room was nice.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

The staff members in the morning that we checked out...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The staff members in the morning that we checked out we're rude and consider it my rooms sink was leaking underneath stop that and do nothing about it I will not recommend to stay at this hotel

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Never again.

See above

I did not like this hotel. The room had an unpleasant odor and looked like it was frozen in the style of 1950. The sheets were damp and the lighting was dim. There was no feeling of cleanliness. The outdoor pool water was green. Never will go back.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Better hotels in the area.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

First, I was given a single room for 3 people even though I had reserved a double room. The key didn't work the first time around. I was given 2 keys even though all three guest were there. The double room smelled like mildew.

It wasn't too far from where I needed to go (Salisbury University).

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Save your money!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't clean, we paid for the room and went and stayed someplace else. The price for 1 night was extremely high for a motel of that caliber.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Please renovate me!
    • King Room - Smoking

See above. Room was gross and paid $250 a night. Oh. And there were bugs.

Good location. Has all the in room amenities. Very outdated furniture. Springs were shot in chair and mattress. Stayed in smoking room that smelled putrid.

We called to check out on time and a additional $60 was...

We called to check out on time and a additional $60 was Applied to our account. This is unacceptable.

Th

Th

It was pleasant.short but pleasant
    • Double Room - Mobility Accessible

I like the comfort of the room.also the breakfast was excellent.

It was okay. I tried checking in and the staff took a while to check me in. They are very nonchslant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell of the room was a little weird

I like how comfortable the beds were

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

It was very comfortable.

Any elevator would be nice and ice machine location was in another building.

It was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly.

It was ok but I expected more from Best Western
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

staff was not very friendly and breakfast was always empty of most things when I got there

location and beds were comfortable

The outside looked pretty dated but the interior was better!

The outside looked pretty dated but the interior was better!

Ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasnt very clean, charged a deposit that was never mentioned.

The breakfast spread was really good. Did a great job keeping it stocked.