Reviews of Best Western Suites Columbus 3 stars

1133 Evans Way Court, Columbus, OH 43228, USA

#45 of 98 hotels in Columbus

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Door had a giant 2"+ hole at the bottom which let in ALL the sounds INTO and OUT OF room. Not enough parking. House keeping never cleaned room during 4 night stay.

Comfortable bed, garbage pillows.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pillows are too small. Almost half the size of a normal pillow.

Property was well cared for. Clean & tidy for the most part. Breakfast & pool were good. Staff friendly & helpful. Solid place to stay.

• Double Suite - Disability Access

room had ice bucket lid and inside bag but no ice bucket to put ice in, and had handicap room and had to ask for seat to go into bathtub to sit and take shower and had to ask front desk a few time before we had it brought to room, other then that it is a great place to stay at.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not clean. Sofabed had used linens. Not enough and skimpy towels. Sheets and mattress cover too small for king bed---it disattaches because they purchased cheap sheets. One guest states they had bedbugs in their room.

Staff is nice. Breakfast had non carb options.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

A little noisy and the vending machines only take change and $1. Nothing higher or credit cards. Plus the doors wouldn’t open with the key except one which was a bit of a walk.

The bed is so comfortable.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Mattress was not as comfortable as some other hotels. They received a shipment of new mattresses during my stay going to different floors. Maybe mine is scheduled soon for replacement.

Breakfast was different each day and well tended right up to closing at 9am. Everything I tried was delicious. Staff was very friendly.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The Jacuzzi in the room was amazing. The room was in immaculate condition when we arrived and the staff were so helpful and nice. The king size bed was very comfortable, especially for a hotel bed. We used booking.com for the reservation, and it was so easy!

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Need bathrooms near the pool and/or a changing area nearby.

This hotel was excellent, the only issue we had was there is no bathroom or changing area near the pool. Continental breakfast was superb all three mornings we were there and the staff was very accommodating. A++++

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

When I asked for extra pillows they said no, they don't keep extra. We had two adults and two children and got a room with a king size bed and a couch pull out bed. The kids had to share one pillow and my husband and I shared one pillow. When we arrived the room smelled horrible and when I told the front desk woman she handed me a bottle of febreeze and told me to spray the curtains and bed. The shower squealed the entire time and the toilet never stopped running and the front desk said oh your just staying one night. I will never stay again that's a fact.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was clean, friendly staff, Breakfast had a great variety and the employees did a great job at keeping food stocked as it was a busy weekend. The indoor pool and hot tub are a great feature for kids.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff extra helpful. Young man went out of his way to make my stay comfortable. Room was lovely and clean and comfortable. Close the door and room was very quiet.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

I Did not like that the pool closed way before time, and did not open when it said it would be. My children were disappointed as well. But over all it was a nice hotel.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The staff told me i was suppose to be 21 to rent a room, but online says 18 i was just confused but all was good.

The space of the room was a very nice size.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Maybe some flavored creamers with coffee but I am not mad about it.

We had an excellent stay! Everyone was pleasant and helpful. Are room was very clean and comfy!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The shower’s water pressure was low and the temperature was hard to regulate.

The hotel was clean and the staff was accommodating. Definitely well worth the money to stay here.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is from 7-10 am on weekends. Ran out of biscuits at 9 am and was told there wouldn't be any more brought out. One waffle machine was sticking so it forced everyone to use the other one which made the lines long. Cooking spray was not available. Bathroom was not clean as there were spills of soda on the sink and in the sink. Found a pill of some kind on the bathroom floor. Old french fries were found on the floor near bed. Overall was not clean.

Pillows were comfy.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only negative was that check-in is at 3pm, I got there at 3:30pm, and I waited in the hallway with all my belongings for my room to be ready and that wasn’t until 4pm. Besides that it was a great stay.

It was very comfortable for us, clean, and we felt like we were home. The pool was nice! The staff were so accommodating to our needs.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Bed was very hard, there were so many loud noises all over the place. You could hear the whirlpool tub in the room next to you as well as the couple who were also enjoying themselves. The breakfast was disgusting, I ate better food in the military.

The room was a decent size and the whirlpool tub was awesome. Room wasn't to far from the entrance and on the first floor so that was nice. Staff was really great and the hotel was very clean and well kept.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Booking.com told me I could pay cash and I could so I had to do a lot of running around to look to my bank to load the money on my card

The jaccuzi was in the room

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was a little small.

Nice place to stay with kids. The pool in March was nice, many option for kids at breakfast. Close to shopping and many restaurants.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I went to get the complimentary breakfast and the fruit was rotten with mold on it.

Everything was very nice and up to date, the room was a good size and very clean. Staff was very nice and responsive when we had questions.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was very hard. It was comfortable to sit on, but lying down to sleep was rough. Tossed and turned all night.

The breakfast was very good! The rooms were very clean and we'll maintained.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Asked for non smoking room. Someone previously had smoked in that room because it smelled like stale smoke. I told desk man about the non smoking room smelling like smoke and no apologies or compensation given. He just said, "Yeah, that happens." Room was not clean and breakfast was horrible, right down to the stale muffins. Will never stay at best western again

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

That my fiance and I had been in the breakfast room with no shoes on for 25 minutes or so and your employee says oh you can't be in here without shoes . But you seen us walk in without shoes that's a risk we chose to take and it's home like setting we in vacay ..... And we stayed there once before and it wasn't a issue ...... Also if you do not take cash on site please put that up so it's known specially for out of towners and then have no way of getting money on cards or n bank due to not having same banking institutions..... And still wouldn't take the money I could go on about that part of my stay but it upsets me .... My stay was great

Quiet

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

When checking the bed I found an odd stain on the sheet, the mattress seemed to be coming apart with loose threads, the Jacuzzi tub was a little dirty and there wasn't much actual lighting just lamps.

I liked that the staff was extra friendly and accommodated with extra towels. Also make up wipes in the bathroom extra plus.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

A couple spots along the tub in the bathroom could've been cleaner, first room we were given smelled like smoke.

Helpful staff, lobby felt clean and inviting, nice pool. The second room smelled pleasant!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was next to the boiler. Very noisy. Front desk failed to inform us that it could be shut off for the night. Morning check out staff were snarky.

The eggs actually weren't very good. More like egg patties instead of fluffy scrambled.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

its old and in need of a HUGE facelift. The rooms were not really clean and the bathroom needed attention. The ADA bathroom lacks ANY counter space. Not recommended if you need such a room.

Right off I 70

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn’t as good as I had expected but I had high expectations.

the pool was great and not busy at all, staff were very friendly on check in and it was a breeze. Room was very clean and spacious

• King Suite - Disability Access Roll in Shower

The room they gave me did not have a bathroom counter, nor a place to put anything in the shower. The bath room was horrible there was no counter to put my bathroom toiletries on. The night clerk was rude and she did not tell us it was a handicap room and I asked for room on a different floor and was denied, she told us that it was the only room available. I will never stay at Best Western again. Nor will I recommend the Best Western to anyone.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The parking was the only thing we didn’t like. We were on the bottom floor and the parking spaces were directly outside of the window so every time someone pulled in, it lit up the room even with the blinds closed. Every time someone hit their car alarm it was loud.

I was happy that there were no issues. Nothing was broke, nothing was dirty everything was as advertised.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room across from us- we think it was house keeping room and they kept coming in and out - also could have benefited from bottled of water

Smaller facility

• Presidential Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was right beside an exit door so it was sometimes a little noisy but wasn't a deal breaker. The suite had plenty of doors within the room to close to block out noise.

There was a lot to choose from at breakfast. The hotel was easy access both inside and outside. Laid back, clean environment.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Everything my room was messed up had to pay extra then my room smoke detecter keep beeping because it was low battery so they switch my room again and it smelled like smoke and it’s a non smoking room.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was very dark. Everything was brown which made the room even darker. First floor room looked out to a parking lot, so curtains had to remain shut. Again, that made it dark.

Waffles were amazing.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The location of my room, bed and breakfast fixed. The young lady was great. The front young lady was wonderful taking such care to make everything right!

Nice and quite and nice! Need some more handicap parking would be nice. Thank you for such great staff!

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

No shuttle service. The staff recommended a cab company that took over 45 minutes to arrive after saying they would be there in 15 minutes. The exterior lights were not on when we arrived at night...property looked closed.

Clean, comfortable room.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We picked the hotel because it had an indoor pool. At check in we were very disappointed to learn the pool was closed. We should have received a connection to another BW hotel with a functioning pool or some kind of adjustment. Breakfast depends too heavily on factory food. A water mellon, fresh berries, pumpkin or apple pancakes shouldn't be too hard to put on the pale buffet.

Good location for our intended activities. Room was large. I liked a central stairway to the second floor. The hotel had ample carts for luggage loading and unloading.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

my Wi-Fi would work in the evening, they didn't have extra pillows, pool and hot tub weren't in use (because a kid peed in it), free breakfast was subpar

how big the rooms were.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was nice but 9 am is way too early to end it. I thought the staff was very rude because my wife and I were having breakfast and it was only us because we came late and four workers all could speak English but one so the three were talking in a different language and the other worker kept trying to have conversation with them but only got short answers people like that have no respect for others in the room when they do that. I will never stay there again.

Pool and hot tub was nice

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room smelled like smoke but it was a non smoking room, bed was a little too firm.

I loved that that my checkin was great from smiling faces to smooth check out!

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I had late check out but staff called at 12 and room service came knocking, ready to enter at 1205, did they not get the memo, couldn't enjoy my last hour, thanks

in room Jacuzzi was very nice touch to huge room

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room smelled mouldy. We were moved to another room by the back door and heard every person coming in and out. The beds were also pretty firm.

It had a nice breakfast.

• Double Suite - Disability Access

The room was noisy, damp, and had a chemical smell. On noise...the staff said they didn't know, although it, "could have been the pool," and the chemical smell could have been from, "cleaning the room."

Breakfast was OK...hot food was hot and cold food were cold. Staff was friendly.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was a little awkward, friendly, but awkward. I wasn't particularly a fan of the coffee. It was a little bland for my taste. Overall we had a great stay!

The bed was extremely comfortable. Me and the misses passed out the moment we laid down! The free on demand television was great for us as well. The room was really cool when we got in, a little too cold for my girlfriend, but perfect for me! ;)

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The staff was rude and didn't want to help fix anything for me.the room smelled so bad!

Terrible! Bed was like a rock! And they couldn't even provide me the room I asked for!

• Double Suite - Disability Access

At night it was a little confusing as to where the entrance was. There were a few properties with hotel signs & we entered another driveway first because we incorrectly thought it was the Best Western. Wouldn't have been a big deal except that we were towing a trailer.

It was near the highway.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It's not a big deal but the AC was a little noisy.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Bed was really comfortable,room was spacious, fridge/microwave in room,Great location.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The shower water pressure was a little low and the eggs were not the greatest.

The bed was pretty comfortable and the waffles at breakfast were good. Love that the bathroom toiletries were Pantene 😊

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

When I booked the room online it quoted me a price of 89 dollars per night. Once we arrived that was NOT price I payed for the room. I ended up paying almost 300 dollars for 2 nights instead of around 180. I don't have the paperwork in front of me at this time to give exact figures. But it was way off from the internet price.

The hotel was nice and so was the staff. Our room was also toddler friendly so that was also great.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast room ran out of sugar and the boiled eggs were rubbery. The first night the hot tub had small children in it and there was no sign to advise they should not be there. Also the pool towels were not located in the pool area but once arriving at the pool area there was a sign to get the towels from the front desk???

The gentleman that checked us in was fast efficient and kind, I loved the curtesy call that came shortly after check in to see if everything was to our liking and if they could do anything to make us more comfortable, THAT'S GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Also we needed some honey and when we called the front desk and they had it we were going to go pick it up but they insisted that they bring it to us. The shower was wonderful and even though some areas of the room were a little worn out, it was very clean and very comfortable. I will be staying there when I visit my daughter at OSU and will recommend them to other college student families.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

linens and towels are not high quality. Tissues were very rough. Have to get towels for pool area from the front desk.

Everything was clean. Staff was friendly. Shower bar soap smelled wonderful. Like the suite arrangement.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Upon entering our room, it smelled like someone had smoked in it, and a man down the hall had been smoking in his room, and the room entry and bathroom felt cramped. All the space was in the other end of the room, where we didn't need it.

Easy to find, right off the interstate. Extremely clean rooms and facility, and good water flow in the shower (that's important to people with thick, long hair). Breakfast offered actual fruit (raspberries, no less!), and toppings of all sorts for the kids' waffles.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Sleep quality was poor. The pillows are small and hard and there is a silky, thin comforter that slips off the bed overnight, leaving it very chilly. The walls are also very thin, and every hallway noise can be heard loud and clear in the room. Breakfast was abysmal, and every morning of the 4 we were there they were out of most everything (yogurt, English muffins, plain bagels, etc). Wi-fi was painfully slow. There is no "shoes required" policy and it seemed like every other person was walking around barefoot (including into the breakfast room). Unsettling and gross.

The staff were friendly and the rooms/common areas were clean. Our king room was spacious and bright.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The floor in the room could have been cleaner and the air was a bit musty/might. The dry breakfast was okay, but the hot items, like the eggs and oatmeal, were not great.

Pool, lobby, and breakfast area were very nice.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not a lot of handicap parking. Must have lost a lot of towels and pillows. 1 adult 3 kids with a king an sofa sleeper but WOULD NOT GIVE 2 pillows for sleeper sofa and pillows were small and i could not xtra to keep head elevate my head.

Very helpful getting me a room easily accessible due to my disabilities. Staff was great. Very clean and we ll kept. Right off freeway with easy access to food, groceries and exploring Columbus

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

When we arrived the trash cans outside were over full and trash was all over the ground. There qas pop bottles and cans everywhere as well.

The bed was great and comfortable.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room felt very humid and sticky. Didn't have a bathtub or a fan in the bathroom.

The room was spacious and loved that it had a fridge and microwave. Very helpful when traveling with kids.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The rooms did not match the standard the lobby set, rooms need some updating and cleaning, parking was difficult at times.

Liked the cleanliness and overall feel of the main lobby, liked location, liked the continental breakfast, liked the location, liked the size of the room and the tall ceilings.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing that surprised me was that the hotel only had truck drivers and workers staying there. When we came back from dinner the parking lot was full trucks taking up four to five parking spaces across. The workers were hanging out back of building smoking laughing . They minded their own business and so did we as we entered the building from our car. I inquired inside and the staff said on Monday this was normal but then on Tuesday those men and trucks were gone and a new group were staying there. My problem was we were the only women staying there my daughter and I were the only females there needless to say I became very uncomfortable with this fact. These men did nothing wrong it was just the situation. This hotel was clearly a truck stop and not a family friendly location. I have stayed at a best western a few times before when going to Florida and it was very family oriented. I should have researched better.

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very nice. The young man ran and got us a couple extra towels upon request without making us wait. The staff checking us in and out very pleasant people.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

There was a loud noise the entire night. It sounded like a running lawn mower. We did not get a good night sleep. When a guest comes to a hotel it's mostly about sleep! The beds were hard & the pillows were lumpy. We were disappointed that we did not have quiet & comfort for a 1 night stay of $150.00.

The room was clean. The pool area was clean & nice. Breakfast had a good number of choices.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Only one way out of the hotel onto a busy street...difficult to make a left to get onto 70.

The large room was very nice and clean with comfortable bed. The staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was more than the usual continental with waffles, french toast and sausage. Would definitely stay there again!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The scrambled eggs which are instant should not even be on the morning menu. They are not worth the calories. The kitchen staff should not attempt to make them.

The bed was comfortable. There were small pillows with a variety of firmness. Both us got what we wanted. The kitchen staff person was very helpful. She did not have a lot of experience, but was really willing to listen. I thought she was super. From the front desk to the room attendant everyone was friendly and helpful. I was looking for a comfortable bed, a basic breakfast and clean area. I got that at a reasonable price and a smile to boot!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

got the room specifically for the jacuzzi tub and there was problems with the one we was in.. we turned on the whirlpool and stuff came out the vents .. i switched rooms

the breakfast was okay. and the bed was good

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My interaction with staff was limit. Check in great. Check out great. Breakfast staff in breakfast room sullen. I would put someone in charge of this that is a little bit more of a people person. This is an area where the average guest spends the most time.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

faucet at sink did not work well, towel holder was coming off the wall, bed was not made neatly for second day , whirlpool had bug floating on it and was tepid not hot, soap dish not good

eggs were great, pillows were great

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

We had the spa tub room and the spa tub didn't work...no power for the jets Seemed in an industrial park area

They had really fresh doughnuts at breakfast Room was very clean

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They need more parking. Shower had poor water pressure.

They upgraded the beds from my last stay it seems. Felt like it may have been memory foam. I slept very good for not being in my own bed! Breakfast was very good. Nice variety.

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Room was next to pool and very loud. Cleaning staff left my door open for the day. Anyone could have been in my room. Pump in wall was extremely loud. Staff said they don't usually rent this room for these reasons. I booked this months ago...and paid the going rate. I should have been comped for my stay.

Location to where I needed to be. Parking on site

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

.. The "silver dollar" size egg patties were cold and not completely thawed. The sausage was dried out and hard because of being in the steamer too long. One-half of the banana was so bruised I could not eat it. .. The room was reserved for 3-people. Towels were for 2-people. The soap and shampoo was for 1-person.

.. The front desk clerk was very friendly and welcoming when we checked in. She also was very helpful in getting the towels and other items we should have had in the bathroom. .. The room was clean and blandly decorated. The location was great for restaurants, shopping, and access to the freeway.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Didn't like having coffee maker, ice bucket, and supplies in the bathroom. Would have preferred to have them on stand near refridgerator and microwave.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good...hot and fresh. The whole facility seeed very clean and well maintained. If ever in area again will definitely stay here.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The walls need to be sound proofed because you can hear a lot of walking down stairs and doors slamming. The bed was not as comfy as I'd like as well.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fitted sheet didn't stay on the mattress.

The location to downtown Columbus was nice. Access to the hotel was very good. Near many restaurants and shopping.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

These were definitely NOT suites!!!it was one room. Felt really deceived by that. It was a regular room. They need to change the name.

They had hard boiled eggs which were cool

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Double Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Our room was extremely clean. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Beds were so comfortable we found it hard to leave them the next morning. Breakfast had a nice selection. Very pleased with our stay.