Reviews of Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel 3 stars

8400 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90069, USA

#86 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

Be careful about booking this hotel.

The hotel charged me twice for my stay on two different card accounts. They have not replied to my emails and do not care about the issues caused to their customers. Would not recommend

Staff, location close to a bus stop, cleanliness, spacious...

All was good.

Staff, location close to a bus stop, cleanliness, spacious room. My room faced the swimming pool and the view was lovely. Also, it was not noisy.

USA trip - three days in LA

Nothing, everthing was great.

Great location (close to Hollywood and Beverly Hills), nice and clean room with comfortable bed and view on nice pool area, very good breakfast (breakfast room in two floors), parking in the hotel, friendly staff. Good reastaurant for dinner across the street.

Huge room overlooking a Hollywood pool. Would love to visit again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing stood out to me and a negative at all. Really enjoyable stay overall.

Paid extra for a ground floor room looking onto the pool. Couldn't have faulted it. Very clean, spacious and beautiful. Two really big comfortable beds and great service from the staff. The parking was reasonable too.

Has everything you need. It’s a quaint place and a little old fashioned but beautiful gardens.

No restaurant or bar on the premises but there was a good bar across the road that you could order in from.

Location was great. Love the pool and walk-out from the room to the pool area. Breakfast was good. Coffee always available. Staff wonderful.

Great hotel with relaxing and beautiful views.

There isn't anything that we didn't like.

Very convenient to all we wanted to see and do. The staff helped with extra towels. The staff helped with booking a tour. The tour guide picked us up and dropped us off. located with several good restaurants with close proximity to the hotel.

A very good place to stay.

Wish to know this place earlier.

A very good place to stay. It is worthy and the breakfast is excellent! The building structure is convenient for accessing the guestrooms and parking garage. The staffs are very professional and friendly.

Good location everything else was very poor standards

Our room was at road front.. most busy road , so could barely sleep. Hotel staff was not very friendy.. breakfast was ok.. room needs work.. room were tired and small and dark.. paid a l0t for what i got. Will never stay here again

Nothing apart from location. Location has all good bar and reatuarant at walking distance

newly redecorated boutique hotel.

The odor from the guest laundry room on G2-west parking garage Does not give a good first impression....

newly redecorated boutique hotel. French/English country in the west end of Sunset walking distance to iconic hollywood sites. Attentive staff, everything felt brand new and clean. No complaints. traveling with my brother who is a picky consumer said "well you picked a great one!"

Bed was comfy was expecting slightly bigger room with two...

Was expecting full American breakfast was just a bit more than continental breakfast. Was expecting it to be closer to Univarsal.

Bed was comfy was expecting slightly bigger room with two chairs Great eating place across the road.

The room was quiet and the breakfast was good.

Parking is charged and I think that is not necessary considering that the price of the hotel is not cheap.

The room was quiet and the breakfast was good. Staff is friendly.

Facing Sunset Blvd, walking distance for Whisky, Viper, Roxy.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Self-parking is costly.

Facing Sunset Blvd, walking distance for Whisky, Viper, Roxy. Self-parking space is easy to use and safe, though it is costly. Pool area is comfortable and beautiful.

Over priced property.

Old property, very tired, needs upgrading, new carpets, small rooms small bathroom poor showering over bath.

Location was central for travelling to surrounding areas.

Staff were great, location was easy to get around for us as...
    • King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Thick carpet on the floor made it hard to lug our heavy suitcases around 😜

Staff were great, location was easy to get around for us as we were visiting a friend who lived near by. Bed was comfortable bathroom was good. We didn’t eat breakfast but the fact it was included is great! Pool looked awesome.

Nice and easy hotel. In line with expectations. Good to recommend.
    • King Suite with City View and Balcony - Non-Smoking

Small renovation work around the pool area during our stay Building works nearby the hotel (noise during the day) - May 2018 (could last further months still) Sunshine hours limited over the day at the swimming pool (located ground floor between the 2 main ailes of the hotel)

Hotel style cosy - Cleanliness Localisation: West Hollywood (nice lounges and bistrot nearby) Room space - Suite city view Breakfast included Wifi OK Parking accessibility

Location is awesome.

Housekeeping opened the door when I was in the room with my wife, even thought I yelled that we were in the room. I reported the issue on the check-in desk, but they just didn't cared.

Location is awesome.

There was plumbing issues, water on sink in bathroom and wet...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was plumbing issues, water on sink in bathroom and wet bar while using water. The kiosk for room service didn't work, I called and they said someone would come to my room...no show. There were no face towels in my room, I asked again no show.

Great hotel. Great facilities.

Breakfast - limited and no vegan options.

Excellent location. Lovely pool area. Spacious rooms. Parking was reasonably priced and in hotel itself. Lightening fast internet connection.

Real find in LA

Nothing no to like

Staff super friendly. Guests were also of a lovely calibre. Breakfast was wonderful. Pool was wonderful. Fantastic location. We were soooooo thrilled with this hotel

Lovely Hotel

Bed, coffee, pool, breakfast, location :) Everything was really nice :) the staff were friendly and helpful, lovely breakfast, clean rooms, comfy bed, I was really happy staying here.

Convenient and clean but a little noisy.

The doors (bathroom and room) in the hotel were loud and the sound traveled a lot into the rooms. Also the room above us had a noisy shower and creaky floors so we were woken up very early and also several times in the night. The bathroom door kept swinging shut. There was no way to turn off the tablet in the room and it kept flashing ads at us all night.

The waffles and eggs were fresh and there were lots of healthy options.

Had a wonderful stay.

Everything was great.

This hotel was walking distance to many restaurants, the comedy club, the Viper Room, etc. The room was very clean and the area was very safe. We were out walking at 11 pm and felt comfortable doing so. The staff was excellent, and you can get transportation to downtown or anywhere you wish to go. The Tour buses even pick you up at this hotel! I give it a big thumbs up! If you haven't been to Hollywood/Beverly Hills in the past, I truly recommend the LA Tours. Have fun!!

Well located on sunset Boulevard. But no charm at all.

I could hear my neighbors trough the wall of my bedroom (401) especially the water pipe when they took their shower as if they where in my own bedroom! Very poor sound proofing. The breakfast is included but nothing is fresh: bakery , bread, orange juice. American coffee is just hot water! It's a pity their is no accomodation as a bar or restaurant in this place which deserves it (nice garden around the swimming pool) . No charm while the place would lend itself for more refinement. All is made as self service.

The location is great . The size of my room (401) was quite big and I enjoyed the bathroom with a bath not only a shower. The staff was smiling and helping.

Good location, good value for LA

Breakfast could include some more fresh options

Typical chain hotel, decent rooms, $18 parking/day, breakfast included but not the best selection. Pool area looked nice.

Great place in WEHO

Breakfast should be better: selectiom is OK but the quality of the sauasages and eggs were pretty bad.

Loved every minute of my stay at this place! So much nicer then expected!

Breakfast was extremely amazing especially daily waffles :)...

My room was little dark I was staying next to swimming pool. And bathroom door was always closing itself it is not staying when you open as it is rather than that everything was good

Breakfast was extremely amazing especially daily waffles :) location very convenient to everywhere of course you have to have car if you traveling in la room was very clean car parking were cheap compare to any other properties. I haven’t use swimming pool but that looks really good For breakfast and location wise highly recommended Very clean, comfortable

Tried to get my money back and they refused. Horrible smell. Stay somewhere else.

The room had a horrible odor. Our phone didn’t work and the bed was hard. Tried to get my money back and booked a hotel next door to stay but they wouldn’t refund my money. Couldn’t stay another second in that dirty hotel. Pictures extremely misrepresented this place. Very old and dated.

Good location, a little too expensive, noisy rooms, pushy maids.

The rooms are very old and out dated. My room had worn out carpet with bare exposed threads. The finish on the bathtub is worn out. We heard every foot step from the room above us.... at 1:00 am. I really really really did not enjoy the pushy maids banging their room key on my door every fifteen minutes starting at 9:00 a.m.! I even told three maids what time I would be checking out. Then, I got a phone call from yet another maid asking when I would leave. Sheesh, enough already!

Excellent location on Sunset Blvd. They had underground self parking. The free WiFi was excellent.

Good place to stay in LA
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Jacuzzi - Non-Smoking

our room didn't had a balcony and the window faced a wall the reception canceled my deposit and re charged to full amount that cost me more then 25USD

location is great. we booked the suite and it was very nice breakfast is excellent and so is the pool. I think it's bit to expansive but it's a very good place to stay in LA

No free WIFI and no breakfast provided considering the costs.

Location is outstanding with a short walk to everything. Excellent selection of restaurants and bars nearby.

Nice hotel with a good location.

Floors are very noisy. When someone walks, you feel it like you're in the same room with them.

I'd like to stay there whenever I go to LA. Very nice hotel, good location and helpful staff. The best part is I think the poolside. It feels like a small mediterranean village.

The staff!

Out dated. Very stuffy rooms. Our AC went out at 3 am. Staff put us in another room the next morning. Staff defenetly made up for all small issues. I hope the get praises for there hard work!

The staff!

Romantic

The food was unattended on the 4th floor and was a bit cold but the variety was good.

The room was very clean and smelled fresh, the linen and bath towels were fluffy and soft. My fiancé said "the towels smell like Downy" :) We stayed in a King room, if you have the option pay a bit more and get a view, we had a view to a huge wall. That was the only downside to our stay, other than that the hotel was exactly the way they advertise and more.

Easy access to Hollywood

Paper plates and cups when dining for breakfast. Staying on level 3 you need to negotiate stairs to get to room meaning bags cannot be easily rolled, they must be carried. View from room 303 is very average.

Easy access to Hollywood

Beautiful, relaxing and comfortable hotel

Cons: On the last day of our stay they did some construction near our room. There was a loud drilling noise in our room very early in the morning (around 7-8 am) that woke us up, it went on and off till noon. This was the only problem we had, but it's likely that it was a one time thing. The rest of the stay was excellent.

Stayed in the standard king room for 2 nights (no balcony or doors to the pool). - Rooms and bathroom were very clean. - Bed & especially pillows were very comfortable. - Staff were very nice, it was no problem to change to another room we liked more. - Pool area was beautiful and nice to relax. - Breakfast had a lot of choices: eggs, sausage, ham, pancakes, waffels, cereal, bread, muffins and juices. You could take it to the pool or your room, which we did. - We could do a late check-out without a fee. - After driving back home, we forgot a coat in the room, staff reception was very helpful with sending it back to us.

We got there easily, the parking was easy to access, but...

We got there easily, the parking was easy to access, but there was no one waiting, so we had to reach reception). The reception (one we got to them) was nice and got us to our room. The room smelled old, but was clean. The very bad surprise was breakfast: no service, paper plates and cutlery, and we had to clean our own table when we finished. The price was not low at all (200USD + Tax) for a service like a good motel.

Amazing hotel!!!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

The room is big and very comfortable. The breakfast has a lot of options. The hotel is in a great place and neighborhood. The swimming pool is amazing. I loved!!

Not worth the money!

The noise control was awful! I could hear the guests above me walking around. There were kids in the lobby that were running & screaming the morning I was leaving and it went on for hours and I heard it all. I could also hear “clear” conversations from guests at the pool. It seemed as if my window was open, which it wasn’t. I also asked for a “late” check out which was granted, then I still had house keeping enter my room 3 hours before my granted check out time.

Location is great!

Great location and very comfortable stay
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

Breakfast would have been nicer if we could eat off proper plates with cutlery instead of paper plates and plastic cutlery!

Great location just a short walk to great restaurants on Sunset Strip. Spacious room, good for families.

The breakfast was good.

No body shampoo in the room. Only bath soap given.

The breakfast was good. Room was clean with comfortable beds. Pool was surrounded by beautiful garden.

Great place with breakfast for a shorter or longer stay in LA.

The garage was sometimes little roomy so in a very high season maybe it is totally full.

It was in a great place. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and pleanty. Clean and nice room with comfortable beds, big flat TV although in LA You better have a walk or sight seeing. The garage was in a good price if You compare to other places. Sunset is on it’s way so having a lunch or dinner is not a problem. Nice pool. It is a very pleasant and nice hotel for a shorter or longer stay in LA. Only the price is little high but just like every other good hotel in LA. You have to know this. But finally You get the best for Your money

Other than the parking situation, it was surprisingly nice and cozy and would stay again.

Parking was not free.

The parking to the building was a little hard to find at first but still accessible to the property. The rooms were cozy and well kept. The outdoor pool area was very nice. Almost felt like it had a nice European style vibe to it.

Safe choice in good location

Poor breakfasts (for European) - no vegetables, cheeses etc.

One of the best locations in LA, close to the Sunset Strip, numerous restaurants and attractions. Easy and affordable parking. Ok rooms, nice patio with pool.

We'll be back!

Nothing! Rooms were clean and comfortable, beds were comfortable, and again, the blow dryer int the bathroom was phenomenal (and I like the mirror on the wall so I can see the back of my hair!).

OMG! I have been staying at hotels for probably 50 years and this is the first time the blow dryer in the bathroom was strong enough to dry my hair! Registration staff went above and beyond to answer our questions and get us to the Pantages before the lights went down!

Very good location!

Very good location! Staff is extremely helpful and the beds are just super comfortable. We have stayed there a few times and never have been disappointed. Also it is a big plus to have complimentary breakfast in the USA.

Great location, clean and nice room. Good value for money.

Wi-fi was very bad, low or without signal. They told us that they are working on the new one. Everything else was just fine.

Location of the hotel is very good, close to Hollywood and Beverly Hills, you can take a very nice walk through Sunset Blvd. Room was very spacious and clean, comfortable bed. Good breakfast. Very nice pool area, we had a direct access to the pool from room which was great for kids.

Adequate, clean, but dark.

Cell phone reception was poor in room and there was almost no natural light as our window looked at the wall of the building next door (could've touched it).

Great location for our specific needs. Rooms were nice, albeit basic. Pool area was lovely.

Great stay at Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza

The only thing lacking was a bar, but not really a problem as there are enough nearby.

Great location, very clean and comfortable, spacious bedroom and a tasty free breakfast buffet. We liked the coffee machine in the room. There's a nice view of the downtown skyline from the 4th floor on a clear day.

Was very nice to come into the room to a bottle of wine to celebrate my 40th.

The floors were extremely noisy. Could hear the person upstairs walking around all the time and when walking in hallways you could feel the floors squeaking

Great breakfast. Wish there was bacon at both locations every day and cheese to make it into egg bacon sandwiches

Enjoyed it very much.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

Liked the size of the room, it felt very warm and inviting. Also liked the fact that the door at the end of the hall was left open during the day to let the outside in.

Great place to stay
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smokiing

We love it here. The two bedroom suite is perfect for families or groups traveling with multiple kids. This is the second time I've booked for my dance team, because it is easy for me to keep my eyes and ears on everyone. The pool is nice, the courtyard is beautiful and the location is easy to get to everything. And on top of all this - a very tasty breakfast with fresh waffles.

Pleasant stay. Parking price could be more affordable.

Parking is expensive and no access card is required to enter car park. Access card was not working on evening of check-in so once in the room is was very inconvenient to leave. We were told it was due to the battery needing to be replaced in the door lock - issue rectified in the morning once we followed up with concierge.

Overall, okay.
    • King Suite with City View and Balcony - Non-Smoking

The room I booked wasn't available. Tried to upgrade me to a family suite...with two double beds and a view of a concrete wall. Not my idea of an upgrade. Ended up in a basic room.

Pool area was well maintained. Overall, hotel was clean. Beautiful plants.

Good location.

Our room faced a brick wall and made it feel very claustrophobic. We were only there for one night luckily as I would have had to request a change of rooms.

Bed was comfy, nice to have breakfast included.

If you want to reach all the pubs and restaurants, plus...

If you want to reach all the pubs and restaurants, plus clubs on the Sunset, this is the best place to stay at. Confortamble rooms, good value for money.

Sadly not the best hotel stay we had in California and hotel reception staff appeared to be aloof.

The loud noises, scuffling and squealing and shouting in the corridor right outside our room caused by unattended young children rolling around the floor and fighting with each other at 02.10am in the morning. Room 102 occupants you have much to answer for ... Also the 3 young (apparently) drunken English ladies returning to the hotel at approx. 02.30am could have been much quieter and possibly refrained from singing and giggling and discussing their "partying" before entering their room further down the corridor. Not a good night's sleep I'm afraid.... We won't be returning to this hotel.

Location of room to pool (Room number 117) was good. Pool area was very pleasant with lots of well-tended plants and flowers. Breakfast was OK (but not the best we had in our hotel stays in California...) but the breakfast room was crowded. Maybe we just picked the wrong time to rock up for breakfast!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Bad value for money, would not come back
    • King Suite with City View and Balcony - Non-Smoking

We travelled in USA on our honeymoon and spent 6 days in this hotel. We had booked a suite and we were very dissappointed at the quality of the hotel. Six nights in this hotel was way too pricy for the overall standard. There was a really bad odour in our room (mold or something?) and a warning sign saying the building is dangerous for health. Our Wi-Fi stopped working and the staff gave us a helpdesk number so that we would have to deal with the issue ourselves. The helpdesk couldn't get Wi-Fi working so we had to get along without it for the rest of the stay. The breakfast has absolutely zero greens except for the apples and the greasy food has to be eaten from disposable tableware. This is something you could expect from a hostel but not from an expensive although only two star hotel.

We were able to check in early, the balcony and jacuzzi were nice but that's about all that is positive to say about this hotel.

A comfy and clean stay near the sunset strip that don't break the bank.

There's nothing I didn't like about the place

Loved how symmetrical and connected the facility is, they provide plenty of parking for each guest which makes getting to your room so easy. There's an elevator in the parking garage which leads directly to the rooms. It's all so accessible and adds a cozyness I haven't found anywhere else.

Classical spacious rooms, good courtyard pool area.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking charged extra, with a note that "it is far cheapest in the neighborhood". The breakfast culture. Bit artificial and feels heavy. But the bar is low overall *** US hotels. Plastic cups, plastic plates and spoons? Tuns of garbage. Not many healthy options.

Classical spacious rooms, good courtyard pool area.

Home In Hotel 💞👍
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Just one thing that they didn't explain for me about the taxes that it come more on the rate?? Even in Booking.com didn't but it??

This is my first time in LA with my family and this hotel is I recommend very much to any family looking for a comfortable room very nice breakfast save neighborhood nice swimming pool and the staff in the hotel is the best in every thing. Thank you

Overall, we enjoyed our stay!

I did not like the fact that our room overlooked a construction site. During the day noisy construction took place. It was impossible to open the windows and enjoy the cool California breeze. I do wish the hotel would have accommodated this imposition by offering a reduced rate, etc.

I thought the property was well maintained. The rooms were comfortable and well accommodated. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly.

Hollywood happy.

No utensils or crockery in kitchenette, no glasses only plastic and cardboard cups. otherwise all good would recommend and hope to come back in the future.

Staff lovely, ambiance comfortable and welcoming. Lovely room with kitchenette and pool view. Large bathroom.

Near the pool, good ambience, lots of plants, free breakfast

The room above us, guest kept on walking from 9 PM to 4 AM. We were not able to sleep. The phone next to the bed was nonfunctional. At times w a dialtone at times it doesn't.

Near the pool, good ambience, lots of plants, free breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

I liked the location and the bed was comfortable.

I didn't like where my room was located. We couldn't access the room from the elevator, only from steps outside. I also didn't like the checkout. We asked for 15 minutes tolerance but the employer Carlos was very clear. If we passed one minute after 1pm, he had to charge our card in more than two hundred dollars. So, total inflexibility we found in this hotel. And we didn't asked a lot. Just a little tolerance.

I liked the location and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good but the same thing everyday.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Appears clean and nice. Staff not friendly.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Jacuzzi - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff were not very friendly, floor in room above us was squeaky and loud when people in room walked around. While we were out all day, kitchen sink drain backed up and flooded kitchen. Cam light fixture was hanging out of ceiling when we arrived and I was given a hard time by front desk when I asked for an extra blanket for sofa bed! Clerk not very apologetic or friendly when told of room problems.

Fernando....a staff member that happened to be walking by when we needed help and took time to go above and beyond to help us!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Great value and location would defo go back

Arriving late in the night the staff member was a bit abrupt. The lady the next day was fantastic

The room was amazing, had great views of down town and had dual aspect balconies. There was a jacuzzi bath in the bathroom The pool area was chilled The location was amazing. Although the breakfast wasn't very sophisticated I really enjoyed it.

Friendly and nice hotel with a relaxing pool at Sunset Blvd.

There wasn't anything which I would mention.

The staff hardly spoke English. The receptionists/managers did, but other staff did not. But it was rather funny because they tried to understand and help with everything. They were amazingly friendly and polite except for one or two people but the overall feeling was really nice.

I like the hotel very much, The only thing was booking.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

I like the hotel very much, The only thing was booking.com charged me double for the room that my mom got for less booking straight through best western.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Great place to stay, very kind and supportive staff

too noisy from the street, noisy shower pipes in the wall, could hear neighbors taking shower

Very nice interior, many nice restaurants at walking distance, good connectivity to many attractions.

Going Back To Cali

I can't really say I didn't like anything about it. It was clean and comfortable.

Location and cleanliness. Plus we were upgraded to a suite at no cost.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

3 Nights at Best Western PLUS Sunset Blvd

Breakfast was a real disappointment. Overall the hotel was more shabby than expected and therefore more expensive than I feel is justified by the price, regardless of location.

Beautiful gem in West Hollywood

There was an adequate variety of breakfast choices. Staff were attentive & helpful & refilled items as necessary. Property is centrally located to many activities but still gives the feel of being away from the hustle bustle. Quiet but not boring. There's even an Enterprise car rental office within walking distance & a good restaurant obliquely opposite to the property. Uber is also readily available to use. No complaints at all

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Very clean and comfortable rooms. Staff were great. Very good value.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

Wifi in our room was not great. Proper plates and cutlery for breakfast would be better

Very friendly and accomodating staff. Very clean rooms and nice pool area

I loved every minute.

The bacon could have been crispier. Not that tasty.

I loved the flowers and gardens that were so beautifully cared for! The windows opened into the room and I loved that! The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. The pool was a great place to relax and do laps.

Very beautiful inner garden with water pool in Italian style.

Breakfast is very cheap, no whole food. Plastic utencil is awful.

Very beautiful inner garden with water pool in Italian style. Rooms are spacious and beautifully furnished. A lot of restaurants and shops nearby.