Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Rapid City 2 stars

2505 Mount Rushmore Road, Rapid City, SD 57701, USA

#38 of 44 hotels in Rapid City

Room was decent size, nice and quiet.

Room was decent size, nice and quiet. We had a small balcony & fridge which was great. Guest Laundry on the premises which I love. Especially when your travelling for weeks. And close proximity to all the interesting sights.

Overall decent value for the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool is not well heated so anything during evening or morning hours was very uncomfortable mid afternoon late afternoon during the extreme heat of the day it was okay. Breakfast was so so. One kind of muffin, waffle batter tasted old, hard-boiled eggs were the only eggs provided. No fruit. The wifi was poor to average

The beds were absolutely spectacular. The staff was very good.

Place was a little different, but it was clean and staff were nice

We had to haul stuff upstairs, it was more like a motel. The bed gave me a back ache!! We paid $138 in total to stay here so dont think it was worth that!!

Balcony was nice, unit was clean, and it was quiet

AWESOME
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

pool hr we arrived at 12 am and they were will to open the pool for us they clean on request And the View was Gorgeous

The staff was more than accommodating, and Friendly

Basic accomodations, basic breakfast -take your patience.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very old with a decent paint job but there was no refrigerator or microwave (had coffee maker). I had to ask for some of the usual room supplies so I think staff was new. Breakfast ended at 9:30AM and it was a mad scramble to accommodate all the guests in the small area. Breakfast was basic but the coffee was excellent. Wish they would encase mattress sets as bedbugs are a concern and lose the carpet for healthier rooms.

We enjoyed the morning walk up a dead end road between the various motel buildings. It was very quiet and peaceful, listening to the birds and seeing some trees.

The WiFi worked very well.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One staff member was unhelpful & unfriendly when checking in. She wasn't very friendly either when I rang reception later with a small problem regarding lights & TV in the room. Also the room had a terrible odour when we first arrived. The room keys didn't work either.

The WiFi worked very well. All staff were very friendly except for one girl on reception when we checked in.

Great location , about mile from downtown.

Be careful not to leave your door open for to long has we got bit from bugs got in room from outside made a meal of us ! But this wasn’t the hotels fault just take heed !

Great location , about mile from downtown. Room was clean and had fridge and microwave comfortable bed ! Pool was clean . Nice little bars/restaurant close by .

Highly not recommend
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled musty, air conditioner barely put out cooler air, bed wasn’t made for three days, very limited on towels for two, breakfast was yuck!, two questionable men hanging out in parking lot... highly suggest you go elsewhere.

They go the extra mile

This is an older facility but everything was nicely refurbished and just great. We had a king room and it had a private balcony. Good linen, good toiletries, good breakfast. Would thoroughly recommend.

I would stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If breakfast says it's served till a certain time then everything should be available till that time. Breakfast said till 9am even though printed material said 930am . I showed up with my family at 840 and everything was gone for the most part. They could not make extra gravy for the biscuits because they only have 1 croc pot and that was there only method to heat it they said. So once the gravy is gone you s.o.s.

Price and location

I loved that the room was spacious but that is about it.
    • Superior Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The decor was very outdated with wallpaper peeling on the walls. It’s looked like it would have been very nice in the 1980s. It just had a sketchy vibe. Not really what I had expected from the pictures. We may have stayed in an older section of the hotel.

The room was really big that we stayed in. The appliances all worked okay. .

This motel is conveniently located, and has an interesting...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The facilities are outdated, kind of icky, and they could use some fresh fruit (other than apples) at the breakfast buffet. There were some folks partying near our room all through the night which made for a sleepless stay.

This motel is conveniently located, and has an interesting layout.

Pick another hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only a few rooms were actually attached to the lobby. You had to go outside to get to the lobby/office from any room and some rooms were quite a trek. The room was badly outdated with few power outlets, inadequate lighting and no USB charging ports. A poor value for the money.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff that checked us in was not friendly (ok that should of been a red flag). Bathroom and room was not clean. Hair was on the wall and in the shower. The carpet was nasty and turned our socks black. Rooms are outdated and just disgusting. We had to call the front desk because the fluorescent bulb was out in the bathroom/vanity area. We waited more than an hour for maintenance to show up and they never did. I had to call back and tell them we had to go because of our itinerary. She said someone would be able to replace it when we returned for the day. We have a service dog and do not want anyone to come into our room while we are out, if she’s not with is. When we returned at 3:00pm, we immediately went to the front desk and requested our light to be replaced. We were told that someone would be there shortly to replace it. Well, it was getting close to 5:00pm so we called back and was a bit frustrated because we felt like it wasn’t going to happen. The person( young lady) rudely said, “I will come and replace it myself”. She did and was not very polite nor apologetic during the process. The bulb got replaced, but had I not stayed on top of it, it would’ve never happened. Location is great but that is all I could say. Would not be able to recommend this place. Plus could not get wifi so if your counting on that it is not happening.

A great place to stay if passing through.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The location is not quite like advertised. The pool was closed and the ice machine was not operational. The room itself was alright however a minifridge was to be desired.

The location was excellent with many things to do in the area. This is also very convenient if you're on the to Mount Rushmore. Overall our stay was pleasant and the room was clean and comfortable.

Waste of money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy, we would hear everything from rooms above and next door. Staff was not friendly We found hair in the bathroom Overall very old, needs refurb Breakfast ok but not enough spots to sit Would not recommend

Comfortable, clean and for the most part acceptable, staff was polite and very accommodating.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower and camode area was quite small but useful. One day breakfast after 8 AM was virtually empty and was not being resupplied.

Beds were comfortable and linens were clean and soft.

Quiet Unplanned Getaway
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The unique location and layout was very relaxing! We were not planning a trip to Rapid but a truck breakdown made it necessary. Our time at the Travelodge allowed us to relax and rest while waiting for repairs! Excellent value. Excellent breakfast. Excellent staff!

Breakfast was satisfactory except the room was warm with...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tried to accommodate us when we got there early but then gave us a room that was occupied.

Breakfast was satisfactory except the room was warm with little air conditioning.

Perfect for a stop over
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Strange layout your room can be pretty far away. The check in can be difficult,I feel bad for the front desk staff their systems don't seen to work well.

Lovely staff, large room

While the hotel was in a convenient area, the room itself...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

While the hotel was in a convenient area, the room itself was disgusting and not impressive. It was affordable which is why we chose it, however I won't recommend it to anyone.

Facility was old, air conditioning was good in the single...
    • Superior Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Facility was old, air conditioning was good in the single room, not so good in the main area. (we had a family unit). Beds were comfortable but bathroom was not very clean.

Great Stay. Perfect Location.

The breakfast was very nice. The Room. The Location. The Price was perfect. Right in the middle of things that we wanted to do and see. Would stay here again if we come back out this way.

No microwave or fridge in every room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No microwave or fridge in every room.. non smoking room smells musty... housekeeping is very poor... had to ask front desk for more toilet paper... overall I don’t recommend to anyone.

Fairly quiet.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Took 4 sets of electronic keys to finally find a set that worked with the door to the room. Absolutely no heat in the room. The air worked but it was 42 degrees outside. In general, seemed unclean...I felt uncomfortable sleeping in the bed.

Fairly quiet.

It was quiet, a d accomadating for our one night stay as we...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that we had to drive up to the front desk just to get breakfast. But it's not a HUGE issue.

It was quiet, a d accomadating for our one night stay as we were driving through

OK for a short stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was cold and although the heating unit was effective it was too noisy to leave on overnight; there was only one blanket on the bed and no spare was provided.

Staff were helpful; access was easy, with parking right outside the room; the breakfast was adequate. The Travelodge is well placed for access to shops, eateries and the various entertainments on the way out to Mount Rushmore.

Good to stay on the way

NA

Description on booking.com is full and reflects what you are offered at hotel... nothing to add. Everything was comfortable, breakfast was reasonabke, stay was quiet

Nice good place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very low wi fi, almost impossible to use. First night (of two we stayed), was extremely noisy (drinking party next door), but after I called a reception the party has finished, thanks!

Nice room, good view from balcony, very clean,large parking, reasonable breakfast.

I've had better stays in Rapid City, and I've had worse.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet paper holder was laying on the floor. The towels are old and scratchy. The room door does not seal. You can see daylight all the way around it and feel the breeze. It keeps the room from warming up. The thermostat on the wall does nothing. You have to use the Air Conditioner unit.

The beds were comfortable, and the room was fairly quiet. Could not hear traffic. (Could hear showers in the other rooms.)

Very good value for money!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They should fix a few small quirks, such as the bathroom door not being well aligned, its hard to close, you had to force it a bit. Otherwise it's a pretty decent place, definitely worth a stay.

We booked very last minute so we snagged a fantastic price. The staff was very accomodating. The place just got renovated, had new carpet, looked good. Better than the average motel. I like that you can park your car directly in front of your door.

My stsy was plessant snd very peaceful the stsff wss courteous abd efficient. Two thumbds up!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was one thing I did not care for. The front desk could not tell me how many points I had on my Wyndam rewards Card but that was no big deal it just would have been nice if it could have been tracked on your software

The front desk help was quick yet efficient. I just get so irritated at a front desk person who is under/un trained or has no sense of urgency at all or has no common sense this hotel was pleasant and the employees, all who I dealt with or came in contact with were exceptional. The room was more than I expected for the rate and it was very clean and smelled fresh. And that's always a plus. Icwiukd definately stay there again and recommend the establishment to my friends. Good job ladies and gentlemen I appreciate your hard work. Thank you very much

Very nice one night stay, I would have enjoyed being there longer.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Possibly I would have used a refrigerator for my water.

The bed was comfortable, but there was a squeak on the right side of the mattress. With just simple moving around, it was squeaky. I don't think a housekeeper would notice it when changing linens. Room 149, I forgot to mention it when I checked out.

Horrible experience

Very outdated, no exhaust fan, bed uncomfortable poor quality, room smelled funny and WiFi did not work.

Staff refunded us due to being dissatisfied with accommodations

Cleans rooms, theiving staff members.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I ended up leaving a few items. I then immediately called about the missing item and everyone denied seeing my stuff. So i came back a week later and asked about my stuff later to find out only one item was in the maitenece closet and the other were stolen by the housekeeping team. Due to this i will never come back to the travelodge. Highy dissapointed in them.

The rooms were very clean and comfy.

The woman at the front desk had no arms and I was super...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The woman at the front desk had no arms and I was super impressed that she is working. Most people would sit around and feel sorry for themselves. My hats off to Choice Hotels for giving her a chance. She did a find job.

For the price it was very comfortable since we didn't stay in the room for most of the time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not having two toilets for the two rooms. We did have two showers.

We had two rooms in our one hotel room and it would have been much better to have two complete bathrooms for the 6 of us. Being right next to the front office made it easy to get breakfast.

would stay again but would expect Breakfast at hotel not down the street where we had to buy breakfa
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I expected a full breakfast not cold cereal sticky waffle iron no eggs no bacon there was a couple pieces of toast and 3 muffins Breakfast sucked

there were no eggs breakfast sucked the bed was Great

Room was perfect size.
    • Superior Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was perfect size. We got what we paid for. Non smoking room smelled like smoke. Furniture had wear on it. But accommodations perfect for our need and right price

great value and you get what you pay for, definitely a good...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The toilet was not clean (the rest of the bathroom and sink area was spotless though), pretty noisy from both the neighbors (thin walls) as well as the heating maybe (there was a high-pitched noise throughout the night)

great value and you get what you pay for, definitely a good starting point for tours around the Black Hills and overall a pretty decent stay. a little inwards of the road so no road noise great shower/bathtub - you can set the temperature and pressure seperatly giving everyone and every taste a good shower experience!

Cheap stay, good location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is a little small, only sweet toppings for bread. But it was included in the cheap price so I'm not complaining.

Cheap price for a nice room

Absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever had
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I walked in and the room smelled musty. I didn't have a blanket on my bed and when I asked for one they still didn't give me one. I had my clothing stole out of the laundry room. I had no heat in my room so it was 55 degrees all night. I felt very unsafe there

I honestly did not like anything about this hotel

It was fine.

It took forever to check in, and when I was checking in, a family checked out because their room wasn’t clean. Now, my room was about as clean as u could get it, but the things they found in their room still partially haunted me that night

Don't get scared because like I said overcharged and didn't help to fix the issue.

They keep telling me they have a new computer system and won't refund me for the extra day they charged me with even tho I only stayed 3 days instead of 4.

Over charged me for 4 days when I only stayed 3 and charged me for a king size room rate when they bunked me to a queen room.

Not worth the money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything the worst ever rooms are dirty being checked into a dirty room and looks like someone was still checked in at that room tried to get a weekly rate refund and they just gave me the run around PLEASE DONT STAY HERE HATE FIR SOMEONE ELSE TO PUT UP WITH THIS

Staff is very helpful & responsive.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were s few hairs in the bathroom when we arrived. One day we didn’t get the waste baskets emptied.

Staff is very helpful & responsive. Good value for the cost.

Comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needed an extra blanket which they provided. Temperatures in RAPID CITY were in the single digits.

It was inexpensive. I needed a place for overnight because of snow.

The gentleman that was working there was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was 5 degrees outside and the heat in the room wasn’t working. My husband tried the water and it was frozen. Upon further examination, we noticed an icicle coming out of the spigot.

Staff. The key wouldn’t work, so he came and helped us. He said he wouldn’t charge us when we went elsewhere, because the heater wasn’t working properly.

I did not feel safe at this facility.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were all exterior entrances. I had to go back and forth from my room to the lobby 3 times before it was determined that the lock to my room was broken. I was very uncomfortable as I felt this let all those around me know I was a female traveling alone.

The registration staff was very friendly and kind

The terrible Travelodge in Rapid City

The toilet wasn't working and I called they just ran a plunger over, then the TV and lights didn't work, so at 10:30 at night they gave us another room, we packed up and had to move in the cold to another building. Instead of Comping us a room they gave us a discount

It was clean,

Good, economical place to stay if you don't mind settleing for the basics.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms could have been cleaned more thoroughly and in a more timely manner during a stay of six days. However, items requested were supplied--eventually!

Low price for clean, comfortable room. Bare bones, but good values. Great location for downtown or hospital access. Internet good.

It’s was an ok stay. Not sure I would stay there next time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beginning I was sent to 3 rooms before I could get settled.. after an 8 hour drive it was not pleasant.

It’s right in a good place close to a lot of things.

Bed was very comfortable!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet was plugged when we checked in. It seemed to clear up; but when we returned late that night, it happened again. We were too tired to switch rooms; but if we had stayed more than one night, we would have asked for a different room.

Bed was very comfortable! Slept well.

No other word but great

The location was great I like that it's walking distance to the stores and restaurant near by. I plan to stay again

The location was great...I slept peacefully.love the walking distance to the

It's a place to sleep, no more!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy! The wall is so thin, I can hear the TV and kids cry and parents pleading them to sleep next room.

The base price is very good, but adding the $15 pet fee the value is not there!

enjOYED MY STAY IT WAS AWESOME....
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

breakfast was ok I guess hard boiled eggs are froze. it would be awesome to add bacon or sausage to your buffet, ADD BISCUITS AND GRAVY TO THE BREAKFAST.

great room I like the clean ness of room staff was excellent had a good quiet sleep. I would recommend to my family andf frens outta town coming to rapid city . thank you for your help

Just okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room smelled like smoke. Toilet paper is like sand paper. There were no towels in the new room we requested after the smoke filled room. Curtains were dirty.

Service was good when we first arrived. Our first room smelled of smoke and the staff got us a new room quickly. Good price for what you get.

The room was small but it was perfect for my partner and I,...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I don't like the fact the room were small.

The room was small but it was perfect for my partner and I, everything was clean and neat. The young lady at the front desk was extremely sweet gave us great recommendation for eatery. I will definitely book this hotel again.

Great Value! Will stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was too stuffy and no fan in the bathroom.

This was my second stay at the Travelodge.... Quiet location! Great Value! Speedy Wi-Fi! The front desk clerk Cheyenne was very nice and we were able to check-in early! Huge room with two double beds! Awesome shower! The maid was friendly too and asked if we needed extra towels!

satisfied, would stay again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

waterpipes or heat baseboards cracked all night but not enough to keep us awake, breakfast quite good,

room was spacious f enough for us, appeared clean, every thing worked, parking right by room,

I most always stay here.i really enjoy the drive up to your room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was too small to move around in. In the dining area the next morning their were a group of obnoxious men making us uncomfortable with their remarks towards native americans.so I kept talking loud so my grandchildren wouldn't hear any of their remarks (clearly meant for us to hear.) their was barely room yet they invited people in that drove up and weren't even staying there.

I liked that the beds were in different areas of the room.lots of room .beds were comfortable plenty of room for my two grandchildren to play in the area in front of the tv.We loved the breakfast.

I paid over $200 for a dirty, smelly, and outdated room...it was ridiculous!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything else besides the staff at the front desk and the woman serving breakfast. The building we stayed in was very old and outdated. When we walked in the room there was a spiderweb across the bathroom door. In the bathroom there was dried dirt or mud on the counter, mirror, and wall. Also the toilet rocked when you set on it! The carpets were stained and the room smelled awful. When we pulled back the comforter there were long black hairs on the bedsheet...my daughter and I have strawberry blonde hair. The channel guide was outdated because when we would go to the channel the guide indicated, it was not the channel listed. There were no outlets available for charging our phones unless we moved the nightstands which was not easy! We paid over $200 for a dirty and outdated room. I will not be staying at a Travel Lodge again!

The young man who checked us in was very pleasant and kind. The young woman who checked us out was friendly and kind.

I enjoyed the bed.

The morning cleak was rude...the breakfast wasnt much to choose from an the pool wasnt open..

I enjoyed the bed. It was soft..fell right to sleep..i liked the patio also..

Froze my butt off.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No heat, window left open in bathroom. Told you have to use the heater in AC unit, the baseboard heating with thermostat hasn't worked for years. Very light blanket, froze my butt. TV didn't work, was tired so didn't watch anyway. Asked for refund, manager not there, we'll see.

Cheap

Had a great time in Rapid City but room sucked.

Let's start with arrival, slowest check in ever, the room- two twins not the queens I booked, heater off at thermostat but room over 80. Had to run wall unit to cool room, curtains falling apart, cracked sheet rock on walls, Smelled bad but looked pretty clean. Room next door wall a/c so loud that the hard bed couldn't sleep between the two.

Well, it was an available room in town.

Good value for the money

Just a bit on the shabby side (a dangling curtain, spot on the carpet). Those awful, tiny square pillows! What appeared to be a vagrant person was permitted to panhandle in the breakfast room. Non-aggressive, but desk staff was aware he was there and did not ask him to leave.

Great location for getting to the hospital or other medical buildings if you are going for a medical procedure. Also easy to get to downtown, the Black Hills or I-90. Clean, functional bathroom. Love easy access to the rooms. Second floor is directly accessible from the parking lot behind the building (on a hill). No stairs!

We were very happy with our choice of places to stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were very pleased with our room and enjoyed our stay so much we booked a room for next week.

The price with free breakfast. We were able to park right in front of room. The room had a bathroom with a tub. The room was clean and very comfortable. There are restaurantsome nearby.

The room I was in was very noisy,banging on the walls. I was unable to rest for all of Friday night.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room was very noisy, so much so that I was not able to sleep the entire night. The room smelled like it had been smoked.

The bed was comfortable, good quality tv

The staff to be customer oriented
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Asked for cups and some towels and that all they did in the room. Asked for quarters for the laundry and was told to go to the gas station across the road

Our stay was very pleasant.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The afternoon young lady behind the desk seemed to be a little snooty, we arrived early and she was very unhelpful about what we could do until the room was ready for us. We do not live in South Dakota and had no idea of where to go and what to do for the two hours she said it would take to get the room ready. I wish she would have given us some ideas of where to go, what to see, or what to do while in the area while we waited for our room to be ready.

The bed was hard, and made it hard to sleep. There were no eggs, but the waffles were great, the oj was cold and tasted good as well. There was a nice variety of breakfast foods to choose from. The place was clean, but I could see where there might have been some water damage in the room, I'm allergic to mold. The rooms were sound proof, which was nice because the rooms on either side of us were filled as well.

Clean well decorated rooms with a balcony
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff seemed abrupt and unhelpful. We specifically asked for lower floor rooms, of which plenty were available from the lack of cars parked, however receptionist placed us upstairs. This was a struggle for my elderly parents. Ice machine was a long way from the rooms.

Clean well decorated rooms with a balcony

Pleasantly surprised

room pleasantly decorated & clean. Included fridge w/ freezer, microwave & coffee maker (nice amenities). Breakfast was do-it-yourself & decent. 2nd story room on back w/ parking right outside the door was quiet & convenient.

We liked it enough to book a room there again to be near the airport for an early AM departure
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast .

We flew into Rapid City from different parts of the country . We were arriving late at night and did not want to drive to our final destination that late. We looked for a hotel near the airport under $100 per night. Ideally, with a continental breakfast. We wanted clean and comfortable accommodations. Other amenities did not matter to us. We got what we wanted.

Quiet and clean rooms with comfortable beds -- perfect except for one rude receptionist!

The male receptionist that was there when I arrived at about 8pm on Monday night seemed disengaged and unfriendly. Right as I walked in he disappeared into a back room indicating he would be right back -- no friendly greeting or "how can I help you?". When he returned the first thing he said was "ID and credit card please". I was put off by his rudeness, but the rest of the female receptionists that helped me at other times of the day were MUCH more friendly and helpful.

My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I also had no issues with noise from other rooms around me and was therefore able to sleep very well. I also enjoyed the high-speed wifi connection for using my personal laptop in my room.

Road trip home stopping at Mr Rushmore and the Badlands

The pool was closed

We were traveling through the area and planned to go to My Rushmore the next day. The price of this hotel was good as was it's rating so I booked it. There were two beds which was nice as I'm traveling with my adult son, free breakfast, easy to find, quiet and clean.