Reviews of Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge 3 stars

3180 Carlsbad Boulevard, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA

#9 of 36 hotels in Carlsbad

Location perfect.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Air conditioning unit in our room was horrendously noisy.

Location perfect. Availability of beach stuff (umbrellas, chairs, boards, towels, shovels, everything!).

We loved everything about this hotel!
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

We loved everything about this hotel!! Clean rooms, great location, great view, yummy breakfast and the most friendliest staff. Would definitely stay here again : )

Location - close to beach,shops.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

Mattress on bed

Location - close to beach,shops.,restaurants and highway 5 Staff is friendly and helpful! I love the outside deck with a view. Morning coffee good and snack options Parking on premise no extra charge

Miserable
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Toral joke for the money. The rooms were not sound proof, screaming kids running around, no view, bright light out our windows, parking was horrible.

The bed

Staff were helpful and friendly
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Working on kitchen so breakfast is only packaged items, we went elsewhere

It is literally right across the street from the ocean and just a few blocks from town.

• King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

The breakfast had little choice and food(waffles,breakfast sandwiches) were frozen so you had to nuke it. No place inside to eat except go back to your room

The room was fantastic, staff very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was poor and we went to a restaurant next door... for the price a little lame.

The room was fantastic, staff very friendly and helpful. Perfectly located tomsmee the sunset and walk along the beach.

Nice location, disappointing breakfast.

No warm breakfast,and what was there was boring. Packaged Bagels were moldy, told to try another one! No coffee or tea except for the breakfast 7am to 10am. I like a cup at 5 when I wake up and leave the room for my walk, yes coffee maker in room but hate the powdered cream, which is never adequate. Also the Queen rooms have double beds, why not call it a double room? Disappointed by beds as there were 3 of us.

Beds comfortable. Liked the sink and toilet being separate. Could walk across the street straight down to incredible beach.

Love this place
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

So we lost our car keys and were literally stuck at the hotel after checkout. Super frustrating ordeal BUT the staff was so helpful to make us feel comfortable while we figured everything out. I appreciate all of the staff and the room was awesome! Not to mention the amazing breakfast in the morning. I want to come back asap! Great deck to eat and look at the ocean that I could lay out on all day. Best beach hotel in Carlsbad!

EXCELLENT ,BEYOND EXPECTATIONS
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

BREAKFAST STAFF TRIED VERY HARD SELECTION JUST NOT THERE VERY CLEAN HOT STRONG COFFEE AC COULD NOT KEEP UP WITH THE HEAT

GREAT ROOM VERY CLEAN NOT NOISY , HOUSEKEEPING VERY NICE AND ACCOMODATING CANNOT SAY ENOUGH THANKS FOR STAFF AND BOOKINGS.COM FOR HELP WHEN TRAVEL PLANS HAD TO BE ADJUSTED , GREAT LOCATION CARLSBAD IS A HIDDEN GEM NOT JUNKY LIKE THE OTHER BEACHES OR UPITY LIKE LAGUNA BEACH GREAT TO WATCH THE SURFERS IN ACTION AS WELL AS THE DOG WALKERS A REAL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EXPERIENCE

a little despoint because the incident.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

the breakfast sandwich was spoiled and we had to report this to the manager.They need to make sure the food is in good healthy condition.

Room great

Carlsbad in October 2017
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Large room, big enough for a rollaway and pack n play to be added. Comfy bed and pillows. Excellent vacation and breakfast terrace. Easily accessed close parking.

Comfortable room. Good breakfast. Excellent beach location.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

There were stairs to access the room from the elevator, which although short there are not good for a person with a mobility impairment.

Good breakfast. Good service.

I would stay here again. A perfect walking distance to the village and the beach

I didn't like the continental breakfast not enough protein. Eggs would have been good.

I liked Prudence, she was very helpful. The manager stepped up to take care of our concerns and refunded us accordingly.

This place is about location. Across from the beach and short walk to Carlsbad Village.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

Getting ready for a breakfast room remodel so the food was prepackaged food. Not bad, but not eggs,meats, and pancakes like other BW I've stayed at recently.Our view room was basically obscured by a large tree and street lights and that was only if you stood at balcony. Not my idea of an ocean view room.

Shabby experience.
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

The attitude of the hotel. I needed to change my reservation. In that I mistakenly prepaid they refused to budge even when best western corporate called them.

Location of the hotel was excellent.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The complimentary breakfast was mediocre. Bad coffee, not hot food. The parking area is not secure and our car was broken into and valuables stolen from our car.

Location of the hotel was excellent. Across the street from the beach and a short walk to Carlsbad Village with lots of restaurants and shopping. Bed was very comfortable.

Fine to stay if you are in a bind or want to be within walking distance to the beach.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The place is a dive. They get away with charging so much because of the location. The AC sat on the floor and leaked. No shampoo, the rooms are noisy and it's a half a step up in quality from a Motel 6. We didn't even get a beach view. You have to sit on their glass enclosed deck for that. The wifi was non-existent in the room. Super slow if it connected at all. The breakfast consisted of cereal and pastries in plastic. Apparently, the county hasn't certified them to serve food any other way.

You have to sit on their glass enclosed deck for your view which is stunning. You can walk all over Carlsbad from this location and there's plenty of permitted parking with a door that accesses right to your spot in the hotel.

We arrived around 5:00 and they said they would upgrade us...
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

We arrived around 5:00 and they said they would upgrade us to a suite. I did not like the suite at all. The rug furnishing were old and the bedroom was a corner room with two small windows high on the wall. I called and said I didn't want this room I wanted the room I booked. It had a balcony and a nice cozy one room. I was told this was all they had as they were booked solid. I booked this room two weeks ago and paid $364.00 for it. The AAA rate was $215 and that was all it was worth. I not only overpaid almost twice for this room and did not get the accommodations I booked. This was a confirmed booking by

Great getaway
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Continental breakfast was minimal. All prepackaged.

Large room. Comfy bed. Great location. Nice in room safe. Easy parking. Very friendly staff. Carlsbad is great, everything is walking distance. Park your car and walk to all restaurants and shops all week.

It was across the beach and the hotel was not crowded, I...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The room temperature was warm and the shower needs some updates..too small and no ventilation other than a small window.

It was across the beach and the hotel was not crowded, I loved their Continental breakfast. I liked that the shower and sink were in separate rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The staff was awesome
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

The room was small very expensive and not the room as pictured. Location said it was .02miles away from legoland and it really was 4.5miles away we were extremely disappointed.

The staff was awesome

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

3 night beach vacation.
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Room was a bit small. Bed was too soft. AC very noisy.

Covered parking was wonderful. Good room location except for traffic noise and noise from other guests on the deck (right outside our door) overlooking the ocean.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Staycation it up!
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

Would have liked a little more furniture in the room. Big empty space next to the TV could've had another seating area or at least a table.

Great location. Enjoyed being at the beach and coming back to spend time in the pool. Lots of breakfast options. Also, was able to travel up a day early and they added on the extra day and called to let me know check in was available at 11a! Great customer service the whole trip.

I loved that we could see the ocean while having breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The size of the bathroom, on the smaller size but it was still very clean which made up for the size

I loved that we could see the ocean while having breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Very Pleased! Lovely Place
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

We were very pleased with everything, from check-in process to the size and cleanliness of the facility and room. We had a wonderful time and will be bringing our family back this summer!!

We liked the location, friendly staff and facilities.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Good selection of breakfast choice and this helped us big time with the 2 toddlers we have. A person was there always ready to assist customers during the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The free breakfast options were great, not to mention the...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The free breakfast options were great, not to mention the lounge in which breakfast was served - very nice. I also loved the gym - well stocked with a water cooler and towels. The employees were all wonderful, friendly and accommodating. The fireplace in the room made it nice and cozy on some unexpectedly cold and dreary days. It was awesome seeing the ocean whenever we stepped out of our room and while we ate!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Very comfortable,clean,lovely ocean view from common deck,...
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Very comfortable,clean,lovely ocean view from common deck, walking distance to beach and down town Carlsbad AND coaster station for day trips in SanDiego.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

"We I will return" !
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

The elevator had always been working for us but this time it was not and that presented a small problem .

I like the easy access for the car and us to go to the beach across the street. Ease to walk to eat out !

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

A very nice selection for breakfast.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

The balcony was to small, but the bed was super comfy and the room was very clean!

A very nice selection for breakfast. Coffee was delicious and the view amazing!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Good value, Nice staff
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

Air Con was very loud so I had to turn the TV up to 70 which no doubt bothered other guests.

Well maintained older motel across the street from the boardwalk and ocean. Best feature is the location. Very clean. I had a King Partial Ocean View which was spacious and comfortable. Balcony overlooked PINE St., and view was of a tree with just a peek of ocean on either side. Not worth paying extra for. The ocean view is from the Breakfast room and outdoor deck not the rooms. Enjoyed the Breakfasts with good coffee, yogurts, fresh berries, bagels, sausage/egg muffins, make-your-own pancakes. Dinky bathtub good for a small child not adult. Decent shower though and nice bath amenities. Wall unit aircon that is loud but works. 42" HD TV. Safe, Frig. Exceptionally nice staff. Covered parking spots are narrow and unguarded. I was lucky to find a spot both nights of my stay. Overall, a good value.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Good location - lack of any sort of view and tiny window disappointing
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

The main thing was absolutely no view from the bedroom and a tiny window. Disappointing when so close to the sea. Otherwise very good.

Location good. Breakfast good. Nice pool. Nice breakfast area.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

A pleasant surprise.
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

I think the price was a little high but i think it was due to the location.

The location was amazing. The staff was friendly and the complimentary breakfast was very nice. Everyone was really helpful there.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Prudence was the BOMB!
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

The front office attendant, Prudence was FANTASTIC! I would return specifically to see her again! Very helpful, friendly called us by our first names and made us feel special.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Perfect location steps from the beach and town.
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Perfect location steps from the beach and town. I've stayed here many times and love everything about it. You pay more for being on the Coast Hwy, but it's worth it.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Perfect vacation spot.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

A few loungers at the pool for parents would have been nice.

Excellent location with lovely views. You can see the gorgeous water and walk steps to the beach. Easy walking to dinner. Bed was super comfortable. The whole family loved the breakfast, which had everything you could want.

Location, and staff

Location, and staff

Exterior was clean and very nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Exterior was clean and very nice.

So close to the ocean.

The bathroom was tiny.

So close to the ocean.

sehr freundlich, sauber, hilfsbereit! super lage!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

the breakfast was great. dorothy helped us with everything! she is a real angel!

Enjoyable n relaxing!!
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Every thing about it!! Location is primed!!!

Fantastic location, quiet and with beautiful views.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Breakfast buffet was decent. Parking was a little tight.

The breakfast room and patio / deck views were fantastic. Retro feel.

Breakfast was muffins and such. They explained their hot breakfast will be back up once their kitchen is up to code.

Great staff!

A bit pricey.

Great staff! Comfortable room and bed. Great location!

Excellent Value for Ocean, Town, and Comfort....

was able to call ahead , (two hours)...and check in early.I know this can be rare -but it did happen.Thank you Prudence.

I liked that the location,room was very cozy and big.
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

I liked that the location,room was very cozy and big.and staff is friendly.

Eg

Foul odor, outdatef

The view

• King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

View of ocean, access to beach, and conveniently located to restaurants and shops. Within walking distance.

One word- Awesome
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Love the location n the amazing ocean view!!

Nice
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Nice staff and excellent breakfast.

I will stay here again. And tell my friends
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

It took a long time to get hot water in the shower

The staff were wonder

Staff were lovely and beds were comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Health centre could use a floor matt.

Staff were lovely and beds were comfortable

Enjoyable
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

The staff was very pleasant and accommodating

Wish we could have canceled

Tired and Out dated Great location

No eggs, bed fluffy No bacon,

Convenient location with comfortable accompdations

Location to restaurants shops beach excellent!

Nice place to stay

Location. View clean

Staff friendly & loved location. They should upgrade rooms & breakfast
    • King Suite - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Rooms dark & depressing , too expensive. Sofa bed awful & so was pull out bed. Couldn't sleep on it

The room was very dark and dank
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

The room was very dark and dank The pool is very small with no chairs No elevator Very small windows No view

Breakfast was disappointing.
    • King Suite - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Breakfast was disappointing. Just muffins,cereal yogurt and such.

Perfect location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The breakfast was excellent and the location was perfect.

A bar in the bathtub would be good for older adults,...
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

A bar in the bathtub would be good for older adults, otherwise the room was good.

Would be nice to have an hour of happy hour.
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Room door needex to be adjustment because the people slam the door.

Breakfast, the deck, location

breakfast selections and housekeeping was well done each day

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Location an A+ the hotel C
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

The room was ok the carpet was dirty and the towels were so small and thin.

No breakfast was served at this location.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Stay here for maximum pleasure

The weather

Continental breakfast was great, the staff was very attentive and the food fresh.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Awesome stay

Everything was great

1 minute walk to the beach. Lisa the front desk agent checked us in and was very nice, informative, and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great breakfast and very close to beach
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Light switch went on and off by itself all night. ruined the next day.

Great breakfast and very close to beach

Though location is great.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View with Balcony - Non smoking

Though location is great. Room itself is Not worth the $$$.

Great trip!!

Everything was fine

Location was excellent

Breakfast- great selection
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

Breakfast- great selection Room view - fantastic Free beach chairs - surprise bonus Friendly staff! Fireplace in room - nice touch

Breakfast bar was wonderful

Breakfast bar was wonderful

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Location was great, close to the beach.
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace - Non smoking

Location was great, close to the beach. Walking distance from many restaurants and bars.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Wonderful updated property--well maintained--friendly staff--great value!

great breakfast area --