Reviews of Best Western Plus Windsor Inn 3 stars

12210 Biscayne Boulevard, North Miami, FL 33181, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in North Miami

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great facility! Staff-excellent customer service, so friendly, accommodating. Very clean, housekeeping great job. Café-excellent food,very reasonable-staff made me feel like family. Grounds well kept.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our tv would only come on if the main light in the room was on. If the light was off the tv wouldn’t work.

Location to our daughters college. Mabel in the restaurant is awesome. Great food, great prices.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel room seemed antiquated, with the exception of the bed. Neighboring guests were loud. When you get off the elevator in the morning, there was a "Breakfast" sign with an arrow. When you get to the breakfast area, you find they want to charge you to eat, unlike many other hotels locally.

Check-in and staff were good and it was located within walking distance of Publixs and other shopping areas.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I parked in the hotel parking lot and I came out to my car sandwiched in between two other cars. Whereas I was parked correctly, the other two cars parked in at an angle. It had rained overnight so I didn't notice that my passenger side car door had been hit by the other car's door. I noticed when I had reached my destination. Although it was no fault of the hotel, I was bummed because it is very noticeable.

I liked the comfort of the room and the smell of the room and hallways in general.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked a room with 2 double beds for me and my family (4 people). Yes the room can contain 4 people but the beds are incredibly small. Also, no breakfast when I thought there was. For this location and value, I'd rather stay in South Beach.

Staff is nice. Free parking.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were really comfortable along with the pillows. The balcony on the room was a plus. The location was amazing and the staff was nice and friendly, they made our stay very comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Getting to the hotel from the airport is always a struggle. I wish there was an airport shuttle.

The staff was amazing!! This is my hotel of choice whenever i'm in Miami! I love how i'm remembered each visit. It makes my stay more personal and pleasurable.

Staff was excellent, front desk girls were Freindly,&accommodating, Hotel was very clean,Bed was comfy, will stay there again ,Bal Harbor beach is 10 mints away,

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This hotel has to be one of the cleanest I have stayed in along with the friendliest staff I have met. I was quite pleased with it. The room was cozy and clean, the view was lacking, but that was not important as it was not the purpose of my stay. The convenience of having a whole foods next door is also top notch for a quick bite or groceries to store in the room's mini-fridge which could be later warmed in the adjacent microwave. I highly recommend it to others staying in the area!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Seemed like it was fairly close to some not so great neighborhoods and the although the housekeepers did an exceptional job cleaning the room they seemed bothered by the daily mess. My boyfriend walked into the room while one of the housekeepers was cleaning and he said she seemed agitated and was talking to herself, however she did not seem to speak much English so he wasn’t sure what she had said.

Majority of the staff was super friendly, the room was very clean and cleaned each day. The cleanliness was above expectation. Location was decent because there were a lot of businesses close by and it wasn’t too bad of a drive to the beach. An added bonus, I didn’t realize there was a balcony outside of the room overlooking the pool, which was really nice.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The whole hotel could use a good remodeling...

For the amount of money that was paid for the room.it was small,the toilet over flowed ,bed was to small room smelled of mildew...moved to another room no better in order for the water to get it had to run for 10 mins front desk recommendation..liked the fact that you could walk across the street to shop..

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You could really use a continental breakfast .

Jennifer and all the front desk staff where friendly and helpful. Loved the Whole Foods Store across the street.

I do think it is overpriced for the room.

Reception was fantastic and staff was very friendly. Location was great because it was next to a grocery store and restaurants.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

breakfast not included in the price

great location. near shoping & eating small center, easy access to all parts of miami. great staff, very helpfull. big rooms, very confortable beds. easy parking.

North, South, East: Windsor Inn Western Best! Be sure to book at this hotel because 1) The property has daily housekeeping which ensures a high level of cleanliness 2) The well-functioning air conditioner provides a welcome breeze after a fun, sizzling Miami day 3) You will save money to use for other stuff ;-) 4) The location is a big bonus- it's only 12 km to Bayside Market Place and Ocean Drive! 5) The 24hr complimentary coffee offered by the hotel demonstrates how mighty nice these folks are!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Some of the housekeepers are not friendly and helpful. 95% of them can't speak English, therefore, they can neither communicate nor assist the guests. The daily, sometimes hourly change in price of the rooms. No special rates nor deals were afforded to me after staying 30 days here.

The location, close to JWU. The room with the balcony. The front desk staff are courteous and helpful.

1st, gave us a pass key into an occupied room,=- into which I walk, surprising its sleeping occupants. 2nd, then assigned us to a room which overwhelmingly stank of mildew. 3rd, moved us to a room which only slightly stank of mildew, and that has a doorway, the frame of which had been painted too much. Thus, I had to literally shoulder open the door to enter - each time. 4th, they closed off the 100-space parking lot, forcing serious competition for street parking.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The traffic in the area. But that's Miami.

Great breakfeast.....hamburger and fries were the best....really enjoyed talking with the restaurant manager, a little Bolivian woman. Prices very reasonable.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is next to a busy road so the traffic noise is quite high and because of that we didn't sleep all that well. A bit too noisy.

The staff were friendly, inviting and helpful. Having found we were heading for the Florida Keys a receptionist suggested us the address for where to find the best Key Lime pie in Key Largo. The room had everything we needed and was very clean and tidy.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The biggest problem was that when my colleague and I reached at 11pm the hotel could not get my credit card to work during check in. At first the reception staff said there was a problem with my card - which I had used a few minutes before at a restaurant and I used the next morning at the Whole Foods across the street. Later when none of my cards worked and neither did those of my colleague, we were told that their system was down and the ONLY option we had was to pay cash. Otherwise we wouldn't be given our room keys. This was not something I wanted to hear just before midnight. After half and hour my colleague and I were able to muster up the cash between us and we were given our keys. Throughout this episode the reception staff was very professional and polite but it was still very frustrating. When we make a reservation through booking.com, why could the property not charge the card used for the booking? This is a decent hotel but if you'd like to be sure to get your room, carry a lot of cash with you.

The reception staff was very helpful and recommended a very nice Cuban restaurant nearby. The workout area was well equipped. The room was comfortable and clean (even though common areas were quite unclean)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Didn't like the slow draining tub, the bed pillows and no continental breakfast. Neighboring rooms had loud closing doors that woke us up. Pool was cold. TV settings were off, so some of the picture was cut.

Clean, safe property and wonderful staff. Rooms were a good size but beds could have been a bit bigger. Coffee pot, microwave & fridge great! Comfortable room and property. Parking was easy and carts were available for luggage.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were to hard it hurt my back and the carpet felt like they weren't clean the right way and also smell like smoke when we got there when we got a non smoke room. It was alright but not worth for what I paid for.

The view was amazing and the room will be very cool I love that and the room was really big

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Overall it was a bit pricey for the stay.. they could offer more for price or make an adjustment. Breakfast should be free. Parking could be better, alternate truck parking, more signage needed.

Conveniently located in walking distance from food and shops. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Free HBO and WiFi. The elevators move up and down really quickly.

Room service was poor and often didn’t happen until late afternoon. I couldn’t understand why my room wasn’t cleaned if I had been out all day and then when I get back I had to be inconvenienced with a knock on the door for the room to be cleaned. But on check out day the knock on the door came bright and early albeit I had a late check out and the do not disturb sign was on the door.

Front desk staff friendly

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning unit was useless. so loud that it kept me awake and wasn't cold enough to keep the room cool. the view off the balcony was the back side of a string of shops. grim. expensive!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It took 3 room assignments to find one whose temperature was cool enough to tolerate. Restaurant lady was very nice and friendly but I didn’t get the breakfast that I ordered and I wasn’t offered a single coffee refill.

Most of staff

Stayed during hurricane Irma. When power went out there were no emergency lights in the hallway. Didn't notice battery backup in smoke detectors.

Room size. Front desk staff was very nice.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

no bar, no restaurant.... just a little cafeteria kinda thing......

Flanigans close by, Whole foods market just next door, staff friendly and helpful, small hotel but very convenient

Room smelled moldy dirty carpet no wifi in room despite complaint common areas with wifi have awful music that never stops. Music may please some people but silence would please more.

Nice staff

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The turn in to the front lot

Good Wi-Fi, large parking lot, friendly helpful staff, quick elevators and best of all a Whole Food store across a quite road.

I think they should refresh the curtains and the air conditioning system.

A very helpful and charming staff. Clean and comfortable beds. Excellent location, if you have a child attending Johnson and Wales university.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

On the contrary, I liked everything. I'm home now and i'm still talking about my experience at the hotel with your staff!!

I traveled with my daughter with whom was traveling there for college. I was nervous but Jenifer and Simona put me at ease right away. We joked around about school and other things which helped to ease my nerves. The staff were amazing and super friendly!! Everyone either spoke or waved and we were always greeted with smiles!! Jennifer and Simona were awesome! They were extremely helpful and made us feel immediately welcomed. I loved how accomodating and down to earth they were. As I was checking out, I was so surprised that Jenifer had remembered who I was and had wished my daughter well!!! That said alot about her and the establishment that chose to hire her!! Thank you guys so much for the experience!!!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The location is central to a lot of restaurants and stores which was really convenient. The staff was awesome and I loved the cleanliness of the facility.

The only thing was the wifi, it disconnect often. Not a big deal as we didn't spend much time in the room but at night when I was using my laptop it loose the wifi connection every now and then and that was pretty annoying

I found the hotel to be very clean, the room was very large there was ample space for our family of three. I love how there was a balcony, there was a pool, hot tub as well as fitness room. The entire hotel itself was very clean, modern and all the staff was very friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't like be woken up early at 9am everyday because the cleaning lady wanted to clean our room.

LOVED the receptionist, she immediately made us feel welcomed and was very helpful with any questions we had, LOVED the pool, and LOVED the beds and the how clean/neat our room was.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The reception is being renovated, so no access to the safety deposit boxes.

The front desk staff was GREAT. I travel a lot, have been in 4-5 stars hotels where the staff is not as nice, friendly and always ready to help. Simona, Tiffany, Jennifer and the rest were exceptional. The service people also did a good job.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The receptionist Tangela who works the night shift, has a very nice personality always there to answer my question . She makes my stay at Best Western very enjoyable and relaxing.

Staff were wonderful only downfall main lobby going through a renovation. Temporary lobby very small ur once its completes I think it will be wonderful.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

They don't offer Free drinkable water as a normal hotel does, we had to pay for it in a vending machine located on each floor. The a/c didn't cool the room enough.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

My room was very damp when yhe air isnt on.

When I arrived i had a pleasant, quick and easy check in. Tiffany went the extra mile to make me feel welcomed. All of the front desk attendants were AWESOME!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Everything was great

The bed was extremely comfortable and the rooms were very tidy. Housekeeping did a great job. The front desk was very helpful in my everyday needs especially after my phone got water damage during my trip to the beach. Also there was plenty of shopping and food in walking distance. Great location overall.

We have stayed here before and have always been treated with respect. The staff is friendly and well mannered and also willing to help any way that they can

To me everything was fine I will recommended anyone who want to take vacation or business trip to try best Western in biscayne blvd miami fl.they awesome.

I like everything about best Western Windsor plus the staff was fantastic very friendly the housekeeping people done a fantastic job. I and my family definitely will come back again thanks best Western

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything! The staff was helpful and pleasant. The rooms were fresh and clean. This was the hotel I stayed in when my son had to come for orientation at Barry University, so it was nice to stay at this hotel for his graduation from Barry University. Talk about full circle.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

No free breakfast, although they do have a restaurant.

Very clean room, comfortable beds and linens and never heard any noise from other rooms. Have stayed before and will stay again...

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Restaurant on site extremely limited & pricey so best to go over the road to Denny's.

Nice rooms. Staff very friendly & helpful. Shops & restaurants very close by. Short drive to Art Deco & other districts of Miami.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

My room smelled like mold. The staff brought spray to the room, but it still somewhat lingered. The hotel was completely booked so they couldn't move me. I think the mold smell is reflective of the rug, rain and facilities not the staff who tried to help.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Location next to many stores was also good.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noise from out side plus people let there doors crash a simple door closer could be fitted plus double glazing

The building is in need of updating .the carpets are worn out

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Pool area Hot tub was non-fucntional, room was very small.

The bed was very comfortable, which is a big deal when I stay at a hotel. Location was very good for access both North & South - Ft Lauderdale & Miami Beach, etc. Room bathtub was a good size. On-site restaurant served decent breakfast until 1pm, low-priced too.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were some renovations going on while we were there so the hotel was as polished as one would expect, but it wasn't an inconvenience at all.

Super friendly and helpful staff. It is an "OK" location that was quiet, just a few mile from the beaches, and about a half hour to get to Marlin's Park. Plus it was relatively inexpensive compared to other hotels around the area.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The MOD Friday night should be unemployed. Utterly useless. I had to stay in a different hotel due to her inability to get me checked in. The equipment at the front desk needs to be updated.

Everything was ok except the MOD Friday night. Frances, the manager on Saturday couldn't have been more helpful. She saved my trip and your rating.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn't like

Tangela was amazing. She was very attentive to us ensuring our stay was a good one. Your whole staff was very nice and cared about our stay. It was not our first stay at this location and will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Road noise. Hotel is located on a busy road hard to get away from road noise. No views - surrounded by parking lots and roads.

Basic but good hotel. Bed very comfortable. Staff friendly and accommodating. Wifi worked well. Desk clerk apologized for putting us next to elevator when we checked in. Not a problem! we never heard the elevator ONCE and it was very convenient to be located so close.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is slightly old but it was very nice anyway

We loved the attention of the staff and the location, close to Aventura Mall and right across the street from a Whole Foods Market

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not included with accommodation. When we stayed West orange it was.

Was very convenient and well placed with reference to shopping malls and quick dining.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The place was clean. The staff was pleasant, and all had a smile. The bed, room was fantastic. The location was excellent. Whole food next door. Beautiful area. It was quiet, peaceful, and welcoming. This was one of my best stay for the year 2016 in Florida

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The location was handy to various shops and a short drive to the beach. The staff were very friendly and efficient, especially those who looked after us when we arrived at 1am

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Location is in a commercial area near main roads so there can be some noise at times, but it did not disturb me.

Staff very helpful and attentive. Room was very clean. Free parking a plus. Walked over to Whole Foods across the way to pick up groceries. Refrigerator and microwave provided. Lobby has computer and printer. On Route 1 (Biscayne Blvd.), close to all sorts of shopping. Convenient to points north and to the north end of Miami Beach over the Broad Causeway.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I wished there were a few more snacks in the vending machine.

Spacious double room. Bed was super comfy I didn't want to get out sometimes. Great front desk staff. Plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was ok until I got stuck in the bathroom. The lock got stuck and they had to break the door apart. It was an unfortunate and uncommon event that had never happend to me before. Other than that, everything. else was ok.

This is a decent hotel and is close to the destination I was heading (Barry University). Staff is friendly and the rooms are fairly big. There is a small gim in the first floor but I didn't have the time to use it.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Can't say what I didn't like. I have nothing derogatory to say. Except that the 5th floor view window is just a regular city view. Not much to say. But I'm sure it's not a source to classify the place, cause most of the time you'll expend it outside anyways.

Auto museum, beaches, high class mall near by. Place was clean and comfortable. Free HBO. Has BK, and Dennis restaurant right across. Although the hotel has its own restaurant with an initial discount coupon when you check in

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Please double check what your guess are doing, is it a non smoking facility???? If it's a non smoking facility Why someone was smoking something that really disturbs, specially when you're trying to sleep.

quiet place, located closed to everything.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

30 min. To Ocean Drive - South Beach and Downtown Wifi connection is very slow. Air conditioner is loud.

The rooms are cleaning everyday. Comfortable, feels safe, have car parking and pool. The staff is very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Great location. Comfortable room. Don't use the business center! They need a better location for their "business center". Two computers in a hallway between the lobby and the cafe, across from restrooms doesn't provide any privacy. Add to that over zealous cleaning staff and you have a problem. There was absolutely no privacy. First time I ever felt extremely vulnerable. I was trying to print out our boarding passes, and the guy that cleans the floors was all over me. I felt very uncomfortable as he was looking over my shoulder when I entered credit card info to locate my reservation. I asked him if he could clean elsewhere for just a couple of minutes, and he refused. It took me raising my voice again to engage the front desk agent to get him to move. When I got home, I received a"phishing" call. Someone had some of my credit card info, and was looking for more. This may be coincidental, but it's pretty suspect. It's enough to make me think about staying elsewhere despite all the positives.

Location was great. Room was very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Free breakfast would have been nice.

The hotel seems to have been refurbished and they did a wonderful job. The room was small for staying 4 nights, but VERY clean and comfortable with a great shower. The appliances were up to date and there was a balcony with table and chairs to enjoy the balmy nights watching the city.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very clean and close to south beach convenient location lots of stores and restaurants nearby. Staff makes sure your enjoying your stay and very helpful.. super nice pool...

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

The room swelled horrible! Smoke free, but the floor allowed smoking!!!!! The Mattress, was SO OLD, that when I laid down by body was wedged between the mattress!! It sunk so low!! WOW, the air conditioner was SUPER LOUD, and had a bad ODOR!!!

The location was ideal, being that I was familiar with it.

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

When I checked in the woman grabbed my drivers license and credit card and made copies - I asked for and received the copies at check out. Still made me uncomfortable -

AC extremely loud - interrefered with sleep - good thing the room was clean

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t go to the restaurant. But overall the service was great.

Breakfast wasn’t complimentary

The stay was nice

Every thing was great

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing that I didn’t like.

I did love everything. 👍👍

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the hotel room stinks

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking lot over flow need a better system or do something

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

This is my favorite hotel to stay in every time I’m in Miami!!!

Browse Best Western Plus Windsor Inn traveller photo gallery