Reviews of Best Western Woodbury Inn 2 stars

7940 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, NY 11797, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Woodbury

Functional place to sleep. Needs some cleaning up.

It was supposed to be a smoke-free hotel. People were smoking in the courtyard and on the outside stairway. Cigarette butts were on the property.

A/C was in working condition

Quiet stay

There wasn't anything I didnt like.

The stay at this hotel was for one night. We came in from NJ the Friday for an early morning wedding Saturday. The stay was great. The place was clean & comfy. We had a quiet night 's sleep. Nice breakfast.

Night desk clerk had good recommendation for dinner nearby.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pool? I didn't know there was a pool!

Night desk clerk had good recommendation for dinner nearby. I liked the focus on environmental awareness. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good too.

There were a lot of ants in our room that kept crawling on...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were a lot of ants in our room that kept crawling on the bed Couldnt sleep. I understand that there are ants in the area because of the trees. In order to satisfy guest the room shpuld be properly fumigated and sprayed before a guest moves in. The staff was very helpful polite and great

If you’re looking for a very comfortable bed at a fairly good price for the area, this place is nice
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Could definitely use some updates. The lamp was loose as were the handles on the dresser and nightstands. Furniture and fixtures were outdated by about 20 years.

VERY comfortable beds, and the sheets were clean. Good water pressure in the shower as well. Quiet area.

The room was clean.

The bathroom is small, the continental breakfast was not impressive at all we actually went else where for breakfast, over all was good but for $150 a night could have been better.

The room was clean. Bed was comfortable.

The room was nice.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was disappointment about the 30 dollar fee that they hold for two days on your credit card especially the fact nothing. Nothing written on receipt after checkout. When I called about on Monday April 16. The girl was very rude and hung up on me. Very disappointment..

The room was nice. The staff I met were very nice. But the woman on phone Monday at 11 am April 16 2018 was horrible very rude.

Our short stay was fine, nothing spectacular nut was fine for our short stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hair dryer worked on and off, the tv had a neon green line on the right side and the brightness flicked up and down. Some of the options/buttons on the remote didn't work properly.

Check in/out was easy. The beds were comfortable and plenty of room to accommodate 3 people.

Very positive, extremely friendly and accommodating a staff, overall comfortable, and great price
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The draw backs are: 1. The beds aren’t that comfortable. They’re too soft for my liking. I don’t know if it’s by design or if springs are worn out. The middle of your back sinks down a bit, while feet and head stay relatively elevated, so the spine ends up in a weird and uncomfortable position. Also, it would be nice if refrigerators were a little larger.

Amazing staff, extremely responsive to concerns. My first bed wasn’t very comfortable, so I notified them and they immediately switched me a different room and they personally moved all my items into that room. The rooms and facilities are very nice, not high end luxury, but nice. Its amazing for the price of hotel, especially compared to prices of other hotels in Long Island.

PLEASANT TO BE REPEATED SOON
    • Executive Queen Room - Non-Smoking

THE SLUSH THAT WAS SO SLIPPERY I NEARLY FELL ON WAY TO BREAKFAST ROOM THE BREAKFAST ROOM/CHECK IN DESK/ PARLOR ARE TOO TOO SMALL...INCREASE SIZE

YES BOTH FLUFFY CLOUDS....WHITE AGAINST BLUE!

For the price, the hotel easily met my expectations.

For the price, the hotel easily met my expectations. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay there again if I need a hotel in that location.

I’ll be back(Arnold S. voice) 😁

You had to go downstairs to the 1st floor to get ice.

My room, the tube in the bathroom was very clean, the breakfast was actually good, the bagels were soft and the coffee taste really good, staff was very friendly and the housekeepers came quickly to make out bed and replenish all the towel and toiletries.

So-so, we'd come back again if we needed to stay near there again in the future.

1. No TV channel listing card in our room. Had to fish all over to find channels we wanted to watch. 2. No towel hanger near sink. 3. TV set not level, tilted to right. 4. Low water flow in sink. 5. Wall lamp to left of TV set tilted way over. Would be better to move bureau TV is on to the right.

the included breakfasts and the nice staff helping with breakfast.

It was pleasant as always.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Some other guests (teenagers) were noisy outside of our room.

We stay at this location every time we visit family on Long Island. We love these accommodations.

All in all the stay was very good. Staff at this particular hotel were great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This was a pet friendly Best Western and we understood that but the family on the 2nd floor above us had a dog that never stopped running back and forth. Thank God we were both tired from the event we had been to, so we were able to fall asleep.

The eggs, peppers & Potatoes were very good. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. The staff for breakfast were also helpful and friendly. Very good coffee

Poor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom door lock was broken, also the door won’t fully close so it became very ackward for all of us to use the bathroom, beds were never made, they never vacuumed the room or clean the bathroom, we had to buy our own toilet paper, they never replaced our used towels with new fresh, very stuffy room, will never ever stay there or recommend it to anyone, very disappointed 😔

Coffee was great 👍

Loved the pillows.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Property could be updated. Outdoor stairs leading to the second floor were rusted through in spots

Loved the pillows. Wish I could find them at a retail store

pas convaincu

wifi really very very bad. less than 1 megabit per second during 2 week... unusable for work and very complicated for the private (youtube and netflix), access card bad and much too sensitive (8 changes in 11 days). only way to keep it, kept out of any support (purse, natel or bag)

comfortable bed, quick access to the outside (motel style) breakfast above current standard in the area ( but still insufficient to the standard europe)

Comfortable, Affordable and accomodating.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing I did not like was the television in my room, 140, did not work a couple of times. However, when I called down to the office, they sent someone right away to assist.

I really enjoyed that I was not interrupted through out the night with noise. I stayed at the Hilton over the summer and this was not the case. Also the breakfast was awesome. Thank you.

Great pet friendly place, reasonable and comfortable!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Sometimes in the pet friendly rooms they shampoo the carpet from the previous guest and it doesn't dry and smells a little mildewy. If this happens contact the front desk and they will help you-very friendly!

Best pet friendly accommodation on Long Island-bar none. Great breakfast, comfortable facilities. I have stayed there every 4 months for the past 3 years and will continue!

Stressful

After early am flight, allowed early check in. Given room in older part of building with connecting door. From afternoon til 1 am, it was either a barking dog or loud voices using their cell phones, who became verbally abusive when confronted. Sara was able to give us another room immediately. We were told that person would be leaving in am. We would have left then if we knew that person did not leave for several days. We were actually afraid for Sara alone at night there.

Free breakfast. We were allowed early check in.

Booked a room with 2 queen beds and kitchenette, was shown a...

Other than the annoying mix up on our reservation: the room was not very clean, the waste basket in the kitchenette was tiny and not suited for kitchen waste so there were flies everywhere. The pots/pans/cutlery were a hodge podge of random items, only had knifes for example, no spoons or forks. Fridge was small and the little freezer shelf did not freeze anything.

Booked a room with 2 queen beds and kitchenette, was shown a room with two twins and no kitchenette. Apparently this was an issue with booking.com and the hotel system. The manager did a great job trying to accommodate our needs however, and we are very grateful to her. Manager refunded half our rate (still waiting on the amount to be credited to my card). My friend had breakfast at the cafeteria which she said was good - lots of variety.

Awful smelling room and dirty. will not stay here again.

Awful smell! Room smelled like pissy restroom at a bar. Linens were dirty. Maid service did not make up our room when we left the "Please make up our room' sign on the door. They just turned it around to "Do not disturb" when we asked for more towels since they didn't make up the room they brought us a few unfolded & loosely folded towels that made us doubtful that they were clean.

Value for money, complimentary daily breakfast, very friendly and happy staff.

Nothing. It was all good.

Friendly, welcoming staff. We arrived early and we're given early access to our room plus complimentary breakfast while we waited. Lovely, large room. Very happy with our decision to stay here.

We were on the 1st floor, right across from the office. I said it all above.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We liked everything. The girl who helped with the breakfast was so attentive! We knew anything we wanted, we only had to ask, but all we needed was totally provided. I would only have more to say if it wasn't so great!

Spending our last night on Long Island at Woodbury Inn was a great choice.

All good!

Perfect location. We moved from the east end of Long Island to Woodbury Inn on short notice because Hurricane Jose was on our heels. It was very close to our car drop off point and the train to JFK.

Very dissatisfied.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk clerk tried to give me a room with a cot instead of 2 doubles as booked. Room was very musty. AC sounded like a plane taking off. Only reason to stay here is the price.

Breakfast was good and the beds we're comfy.

Very pleasant stay and would definitely go back again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Ran out of the free cookies to fast!

The customer service was excellent with a shuttle to take you anywhere for free within 5 miles, great when you do not have transport. The breakfast was varied with plenty for all. And most importantly as a woman travelling by her self, I felt totally safe in the area and hotel.

Convenience was key!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed in this hotel because we were visiting friends for a party and wanted to be able to go to the beach the next day!! The hotel was close by and adequate for a one night stay! Free breakfast was key with 2 children!!

I was surprised to see it was more like a Motel than a hotel...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was surprised to see it was more like a Motel than a hotel but maybe I missed something, but all in all I had a pleasant stay and would stay there again.

The room was small but the breakfast was delicious.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately, it was incredibly booked when I went and as a result I was unable to get a bigger room. It wasn't a fault of theirs, but I wish they would have been more clear that a "Double Room" meant that you only got a single bed and a pull-out couch when booking.

The breakfast was delicious and had a lot of different choices. Definitely my best part of the entire stay. They had waffles and pancakes, and also a large variety of juices and creamers for the coffee.

Beautiful location, great staff.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Rug in the room was slightly damp and smelled. Faint odor of cigarettes even inside room. Property allows pets--I think that's why the rug was damp/smelled from clean up after pets had stayed. Highly recommend the property only allow pets in certain rooms and keep all of the other rooms pet free so those of us traveling without pets aren't subjected to sub-par rooms. Room itself would have been fine, if a little run down, if not for the damp rug/odors.

Staff were super friendly and helpful. Location was fabulous. Pool was gorgeous.

The location was extremely close to the wedding venue we...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location was extremely close to the wedding venue we were going to. Pool was very nice looking. Breakfast was very good. Staff was friendly. Always had juice, coffee, tea and apples available.

Beds were very comfortable and staff very nice and helpful

Carpets and general overall building and room were dated and old. Room didn't smell very good.

Beds were very comfortable and staff very nice and helpful

Nice Quiet Place.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The corners in the room were not clean (dirt and lint). Also, I needed to add another day to my stay and the managerial chain could not come up with a creative, legitimate deal to extend my stay.

Skylight. Quietness. Ease of access to all other parts of the hotel property

Was a good place but under ren
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed too soft! not enough tv channels !pool is only 4 ft deep ! Not heated !

Kitchenette was nice wifi nice shower to short showerhead needs to taller !!!

Best Western Cons
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pull out futon had terrible mattress, drunks standing around outside near staircase being extra loud, some lighting in the room was broken, ect.

The location was good

Yuck!! Save me!! Gross!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

5am staff person was not friendly. Room was old and gross. There were some little bugs coming out of the sink backsplash area in bathroom. For a hotel in Woodbury, LI, NY this hotel should be much, much nicer, not all broken down and shabby.

Pool area was nice. Evening staff was great, very friendly.

The staff was really friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was really friendly and helpful. When we were given a room with a bed that was too small, the staff promptly and efficiently transferred us to a room with an adequately sized bed. This was greatly appreciated as we were able to sleep in comfort.

An enjoyable stay - value for money.

Croissants not fluffy and soft enough.

The breakfast provided adequate varieties. When raining, I had enough room to walk round the building, and under cover.

Mixed review
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lack of laundry facility; charge for early arrival even though room was ready upon arrival; need larger breakfast room

rate with breakfast; good value for the price; friendly staff

Disgusting!
    • Executive Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room had no window, no coffee in room, the room stunk, the breakfast bar was disgusting! Eggs were cold, no taste. Stayed for one day, and then went to Holiday inn Express, Rosylyn.

The bathroom looked like it was just remodeled
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

-the room offered was on second floor and the last room on other end... ...to secluded. pulled up to hotel off Jericho turnpike hotel looked abandoned....did not know entrance was on side street -furniture outdated -kitchen old

The bathroom looked like it was just remodeled

The hotel was in the right location for our needs.
    • Queen Room with Roll-in Shower - Mobility Accessible

Lobby was small, very crowded during breakfast. Outside metal stairs that we had to use to get to our room. . The fridge made a lot of noise.

The hotel was in the right location for our needs. I like the free breakfast. The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Not a great place to stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were antiquated and not too clean, especially the shower area (rust and a sliding glass door that kept coming off the track).

The place was well situated for my needs. The staff was extremely helpful.

Well exceeded our expectations for what we paid for!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We couldn't think of anything! They made it their mission to make sure we were as comfortable as possible.

We absolutely loved this place. It well exceeded our expectations for what we paid for. The girl we checked in was very friendly and nice. She even called us in our room to make sure everything was okay and if we needed anything. They have a number of complimentary services that they provide additional to the hotel room including: - Unlimited tea, coffee, juice and fruit all throughout the day - Appetizers from 2-5 PM (in our case it was quesadillas!) - Complimentary breakfast. This was known but it was an actual hot breakfast! Not just cereal and toast. - Soaps and shampoo were restocked daily (something that not all hotels like to do) Overall it was a wonderful stay and we really didn't want to leave by the end of it. We will definitely be back for future stays!

It is ok if you have a car otherwise you will be paying a fortune on taxi fares
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sink is there but you had to go into wet room to get the towel as no rail next to sink to put towels on

Nothing much. Too far from any town. No local buses. TV is provided but no subtitles to assist deaf people to follow the programmes.

The staff was very nice.

Dog hair all over the couch. Our rooms weren't close together cause they over booked the place. Other than that is was decent place to stay.

The staff was very nice.

Very pleasant and staff was great
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location was close to everything and the breakfast was excellent. The staff very pleasant and helpful. Would stay there again on my next New York trip.

I recommend this hotel! it will be my go to hotel when I go to Long Island!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

A microwave in the room would have been good.

The room was perfect for me! And the coffee maker was a plus. I thought the mattress was a little hard at first, but I got used to it quickly. I wish I could sleep as well at home! The breakfast was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Excellent staff helped this handicapped person have a great stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

All staff, particularly Amanda, were amazingly helpful and efficient. And the mattress and bedding were spa-like . So dreamy I didn't want to get out of bed. I was also very pleased that the "Pet Friendly" was not only true, but very welcoming - and they even had a little welcome gift bag for my pet.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

My room was having cold water and I found that out only when...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room was having cold water and I found that out only when I was taking the shower in the morning. The staff was like, if you would have called us we would have fixed that. I am not going to come out of shower and wait for someone to fix while I am half naked and other then that, I was there on a business trip so I will be late if I waited for them to fix it. They did gave me a 20% discount.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Good value is a safe oasis.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Minor stuff, like safety handle on staircase, but price was right.

Eggs were good, rest of breakfast also exceeded expectations. But best was the friendly staff. Went out of their way to please and be helpful without being intrusive. I'd give them a 10. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

We booked queen size studio room and 2 queen beds.

Room was over heated and not cleaned properly

We booked queen size studio room and 2 queen beds. But we were assigned 2 double beds. In addition, the service was not good

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

You get what you pay for
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room very small, bathroom tiny, drafty exterior door made heater come on a lot, making the room extremely dry. No maid service on Thanksgiving except to take out the trash.

Staff friendly, room clean, breakfast good, location quite good. Inexpensive.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

The staff was very helpful & very professional in spite...

The room we were upgraded to due to our room not being ready had no bath towels in it, the bathroom floor was dirty, & there was an empty candy wrapper on the desk. Also, we were concerned about having to get out in case of a fire, as this was an interior room, & had no windows.

The staff was very helpful & very professional in spite of having to deal with an unruly customer. They all went above & beyond, in my opinion.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

The garbage truck came rolling by at 6am---extremely noisy.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The garbage truck came rolling by at 6am---extremely noisy. My room also smelled smokey. I'm sure they would've moved me if I had complained, but it was located close to the free coffee so I didn't want to move.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Best Western Woodbury, NY

The rooms smelled and weren't very clean. Also, everything was very dated - it looks like they haven't updated anything since the late 1970's.

The free breakfast in the morning was nice. The water pressure in the shower was also good which is a plus.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Excellent value for the money....great location,,,,
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

rooms need refreshing big time,,,old old old need a queen or king bed

the young woman in the Breakfast area was GREAT...Breakfast a WINNER location and ease of access excelent

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nice hotel to stay for 1 night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

24 hours coffee/tea/juice at the lobby. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Near hotel has a very nice restaurant with Italian food and NY steak. Also a small Outlets near by.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Perfect weekend getaway
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled a little, small area for seating during breakfast,

Bed was comfortable. Ample amount of lights, close to venue, very hot showers, great breakfast, fast check in and check out, great price

The room was very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and responsive. Location was just four miles from our event! Extreme value for the money spent!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Everything.

You advertised CD player, small kitchen and microvave for the price. There were none at this location, except microvave if requested and available. I need a credit please.

Everything. Location was great, private, safe, quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

best bet in Nassau county

Floor and room little musty but it was super humid

Location close to seafood oyster bay pkwy and $160 a night is great, even though we were there Monday and Tuesday. Bed.......kinda hard. Pool nice, only like 23 channels and free breakfast was nice cept someone sent their 6 yr old to make waffle. ....yeah. Room good value and I was traveling with 5 yr old. Clean and modern for a best western. ....not my favorite chain. But for north central Nassau County in Jewish hood with nice restaurants you can't beat the price. Its 3 star hotel that get better. Been there before. Bring pillows. ...trust me

We were extremely pleased with everything

N/a

The breakfast is delicious and very filling and the beds are comfortable. The staff was very courteous and very helpful. Thank you

staff informative and very helpful

staff informative and very helpful

It was Beautful.

everything was Nice

The bed was fluffy and the eggs were like heaven.

Bongo

Bathroom needs updates

Staff

Air conditioning was cold
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dresser drawer would not close bathroom to small. Shower water dripped

Air conditioning was cold

Was charged $30 more than quoted.

Was charged $30 more than quoted.I reserved a king room and got a room with a full size bed

Bathrooms could be bigger..step into shower room bordering on dangerous.

Staff especially the manager vincent. Very helpful to elderly guests.

Outstanding

Great stay Staff very professional and helpful Going back in October

I like how it looked on the outside.

Nothing. It was very nice

I like how it looked on the outside.

Nice staff.

Bathrooms need updating.

Nice staff.

Everything was very good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was very good. Lovely friendly helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. All day tea, coffee and juice facilities. Clean spacious rooms