Reviews of Beverly Inn 2 stars

7701 Beverly Boulevard, Fairfax District, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USA

#306 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

The parking was tight.

The bed was comfortable. The shower was fine and the bathroom was clean. The TV had a lot of channels. The check-in and check-out processes were easy. It had a great new A/C unit.

The shower curtain needed to be replaced, but that was the absolute only thing I could say about the facility. It was clean, convenient, great parking spots.

The staff were extremely nice! There is a farmers market around the corner that is amazing to visit!

What did i like?

Rude service. Called our room at 9 pm telling us we were having "too much fun" because we were laughing. Don't recommend. Felt like we were being watched our entire stay.

• Double Queen Room

We were not able to make calls on our cell phones inside the room. We had to go outside into the courtyard. When l asked the manager why our calls dropped inside the room she said they were just like that. I didn't really like that l had to go outside if l needed to make a call. Also would have liked an earlier check in time, and a later check out.

Great location, reasonable rates,friendly staff

• Double Queen Room

The service was bad, the building looked very old. When we turned on the sink, it was as if no one had been in the room for a long time. There was also a huge bug in the room.

our bag of dirty washing went missing from our room and was found in another guests room, we had to look through the rubbish ourselves in case housekeeping threw it out

Wifi didn’t work in room,only outside

Hard-working staff,emphasis on cleanliness,good selection on TV-garage close&free,although never got around to renting a car-actually extended my stay

• Double Queen Room

Location was a bit sketchy, but surrounded by nice areas. Parking was in ally with questionable people wandering around. Entrances from the ally and a side street were left open, so anyone could walk in off the street.

The bed was most uncomfortable and I had to buy extra pillows for the 2nd and 3rd nights - the ones on the bed seemed to be made of rocks, impossible to sleep on. Also the room had no ironing board or iron. At my request I got a little foldable board. The iron offered was awful - rusted with damaged plate.

It is LA, after all... it was the most basic place - had a bed, a shower with towels and soap. It was quiet - that was the best thing about the room. The staff was sweet - helped us with a booking mess up and got us an extra night for the same rate.

There is no breakfast- just coffee, tea and a muffin.No windows.An umbella missing for only sitting place in the atrium.

Helpful manager.Perfect location with nero but useful parking places.

It was uncomfortable for spending the night. I do not like that I was not made aware of no refunds. I spent one night there but had paid for two. I want my money back for the second day.

The location...it is in my neighborhood.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - 4 Persons

Appreciated getting coffee in the morning but found it quite strong.

Very good and convenient location to some attractions we wanted to see. Liked the courtyard. Comfortable bed. Pretty quiet.

The room was small and quite outdated. Property is very small with limited parking options that are quite cramped. Security seemed questionable as lobby required buzzer to access but hotel area for guests was unlocked 24 hours.

Convenient location to good restaurants etc

• Double Queen Room

Really outdated, worn, not very safe. Noise levels unacceptable. Hard pillows. Really should be no more than $30 for a night.

Really nothing to like other than the location.

Poor parking set-up. About 12 spaces for a motel with over 25 rooms. Had to park on street and move car before 8am each morning. Very inconvenient. Carpet was torn and stained.

Nice size room, great location

• Double Queen Room

The bed is too soft for people to sink. There was a big Spider in the bathroom when we first walked in the room. the parking space is a bit small for a big car.

the location is easy to access a lot of places in the city. Has onsite free parking. The price is reasonable.

• Double Queen Room

The hotel is very central but there is nothing luxurious about it, it just serves the purpose of having a place to sleep. It has an excellent location.

Too old, it seems that nothing has been renewed over the years since it is open. Dirty carpet. Very limited parking. Very very high price in relation to the quality of the hotel.

You get what you pay for; if I wanted to pay for new hotel property experience , there are several in that area. It is definitely an older property and it shows.

It Is an economical room in an expensive area, typically priced at half the rate of other properties. I have stayed there several times in the past 5 years and it has remained the same experience. I have not seen a decline in the property or value. The location is great for the Grove / Framers Market.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - 4 Persons

Parking. One car per guest is allowed to park in the parking structure. The other car park in the street. There are restrictions to where to park. That was the only headache where to park the other car. But I would stay in this hotel again.

It was nice. I would stay here again

The rooms a very dated. The shower head barely worked, the towels were paper thin and very small, they used Ross bags for garbage bags, and then while there is no smoking in the rooms people smoked at tables right outside of your room. But again, for the money, the location, it was great deal.

This property is actually very quaint and in a cute neighborhood. For the money it was perfect for us. We were with a group of people, band members, who were playing in downtown LA, so it was convenient to get to downtown. The rooms are clean, great TV's with lots of cable station, microwave, mini fridge. The staff worked hard to help accommodate us an our parking needs.

Had to push room door as it was rubbing on carpet. Noisy bath fan and wifi very slow.

Convenient and good value. About a mile from tourist interests. Though I didn't use it, there's a small fridge in room.

We didn't like too much the room in a groundfloor, where we should live first. They moved us to a firstfloor where it was better.

Tipical american motel in very good location. It is not very luxury, but if you don't want to spend much money, this is good choice.

• Double Queen Room

Basic, clean and comfortable with a decent bathroom, TV and fridge. Excellent location, 5 minute walk to the grove. Good value for money in my opinion and was the perfect starter hotel for our road trip.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - 4 Persons

The receptionist was on the phone to her friend whilst checking me in. I came back later to ask how to get to Hollywood Blvd & she was still on the phone but walked around to give me a brochure to a sightsee bus. We eventually made the long trek after asking random people how to get there. But then she did help us later when i asked her for a late check out, but it did cost me of course.

I got what I paid for. Wasn't flash but clean

• Double Queen Room

Good location. Walk to shopping and easy access to buses to other areas of L A. Good restaurants within a couple of minutes walk. Liked that there was a fridge and microwave in the room. Comfortable and clean room - quiet despite being located on a busy highway. Stayed here 5 nights with my daughter and would use this hotel again.

Carpets are dirty, probably guests walked around with their shoes on in the room. Street noise, police cars/ambulance speeding up and down the street past 10pm.

Large room

The bed was not comfortable and they only gave 3 pillows which were not very good pillows.

Where it was located, right across the street from CBS studios.

Bad wifi connection Noisy- Beverly boulevard is super noisy because of the traffic. I didn't sleep very well

This motel is clean and well located close to nice coffee shops and many good restaurantS. Walking distance to 3rd street and Lacma museum. The bed is comfortable. I arrived before 1pm and no one was at the front desk, you can't check in before 2pm

• Double Queen Room

Unfortunately my room wasn't properly cleaned , especially the bathroom. There was no hairdryer in the room.

The location of the hotel is very good. It is also close to all tourist atractons. Value for your money. This hotel has got so much potential if only the owner would like to upgrade the rooms as the place is very tired.

No tissues supplied in the rooms, and the fact there was no kettle in the rooms was a little weird but other than that it was really good

Location was excellent and room was pretty quiet except some minor construction and traffic noise in the morning - but nothing too early at all.

I would like if some one can help to carry the luggage to up stair rooms Tea making facility in the room

location is ok room size ok cleanliness is ok

Really old bathroom fixtures. Carpet wasn't the best. Beds hard but weren't the worst I've slept in. Towels awful! Manager not very friendly or pleasant.

The location. Room size. Microwave and fridge. Flat screen TV.

Staff not really enthusiastic. Parking available but often full so that I had to pay to park somewhere else. Just in the middle of a busy street with cars speeding so fast even in the middle of the night

Not so bad position. Room quite confortable

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

I rang in the morning to check my reservation and whether I could park my rental car - lady on the phone confirmed both. When I them turned up 2hrs later she said I didn't have any bookings there??. It was like a ploy to charge me at a higher rate than I booked online...scam

great location to where I wanted to be

• Double Queen Room

Its a very basic hotel. Ok if you just need a room to sleep in.

We arrived off the plane from a long flight overseas at 8am. I knew we were too early to check in but I had thought we may have been able to leave our bags there while we had a coffee somewhere and waited. We were able to do that however the lady at the front desk was not very welcoming. She didnt say hello, the first thing she said was "check in is at 1pm". I thought she could have been more friendly.

The staff was rude, nothing worked in the room, shower was broken and sink didn't drain well. I wouldn't give it any stars but for some reason my reviews (although not good) still gives them 2.5 stars.

Only the location

• Double Queen Room

The staff was rude and the office was a mess. The room was very dated and one would fear you would get bed bugs or lice there. The rooms were not cleaned upon arrival when they said we could check in. Bathroom was odd, it had a rounded curtain but it is too big and not installed correctly so the curtain just sticks to your body. When there are not parking spots left (which there are only 10 spots and 2 of those are handicap spots) you have to park on the street and pay in the meter which says you are only allowed to park UP TO AN HOUR! The parking spots are too small for even compact cars so you have to have everyone get out of the car, park and squeeze your way through the small opening without hitting the car next to you. I saw staff just texting and whatnot while we were waiting for our room to be ready. Never again will I stay here!

Close to Universal Studios

Staff was not at all cooperative.no parking space was available even though free parking was mentioned.staff says we are not responsible for any facility which is mentioned on booking.com and that is the wrong information provided by booking.com and we cant provide the same.

• Double Queen Room

There were just barely enough parking spots for guests. I arrived late in the evening and worried I would not have a spot, there was only one available. An SUV had to switch spots with me because his spot was too small for his car.

The best thing about this place is the location, right across the street from CBS Studios. Seems like a nice neighborhood.

The property was run down (torn lamp shades, peeling paint, gray paint splashed on a white door, broken shower door, flickering light in bathroom, beds hard as a rock). It was dirty (hairs stuck to bathroom towels, dirty carpet, mold in shower). It was unsafe (just one lock on door, whereas most hotel rooms have 2 or 3 locks). I called and complained to booking.com about the conditions. I emailed pictures. I wanted booking.com to get me out of my second night at the hotel so I could stay somewhere I was more comfortable that was clean and safe. All I got back was a standard reply from booking.com stating that the hotel requires a 48 hour cancellation notice. I feel booking.com should reimburse me for this hotel stay. They have a hotel on their site that is horrific.

Nothing. My stay was horrible

• Double Queen Room

Room online offered smoking but no smoking, rude staff. Shady area had to keep checking on my car!

Across the street from CBS Studios and very close to Hollywood

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - 4 Persons

Parking a tight squeeze but did get parking space both nights

Bedrooms in courtyard setting so relatively quiet. Good location for paramount studio tour.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - 4 Persons

Cleanliness was very bad ! Front desk was not nice at all. No refunds, we tried switching because we did not like our first night but there were no refunds which isn't fair.

• Double Queen Room

Location is great! It is always clean and comfortable, and a great value. They let me check in early and are always accommodating. It's not fancy, but I don't go to L.A. to just stay in a hotel, so that is an issue.

The owner/clerk is not very friendly. I called a couple of times to let them know that I was going to be late. They said no problem, but when we finally got there after midnight the lady was very rude. As it turns out, I guess she is the owner and runs the place. Not very customer friendly.

The bed was comfortable.

The carpet is old and the mattresses are in need of replacement. The covers are getting a bit dated and so is the artwork and furniture but I want to emphasize that everything was clean.

Good Location and the a/c worked. The sheets were changed every day as were the towels. The property appeared to be clean. The plantation shutters were a nice touch and they helped in keeping the room cool. Good wifi. The walls inside the room and outside appeared to have been recently painted. It is an older property but the owners seem to keep everything updated and fresh. I would stay here again.

Bed pillows were not supportive so used all three provided.

Proprietor greeting me at front desk was very cordial and very helpful to provide directions and hints to help me on my visit.

Wifi was very slow.. they had 2g

Location is excellent. All the prime tourist spots in LA are within 5 to 7 miles range .. Rooms are good and clean..

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - 4 Persons

Everything about this place could be better. Read the above comment .

Nothing good to say about this place, parking at your on risk, bedding dirty, chairs dirty, room smelled. Bad over experience and would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Double Queen Room

I did not enjoy stay at this property at all. The customer service was very bad. The rooms were dirty, maid service did not come clean everyday unless you asked. The bath towels has a very weird smell to it. The bed sheets aren't changed everyday, unless you ask them to. Carpets are filthy. Walls are paper - thin. The owners do not seem very welcoming, never smiling. When I had a relative call front desk and asked to be connected to my room, the owners said our room was empty. Overall, I was not pleased with my stay at all.

The breakfast was misleading from full continental to a coffee pot and two squished honey buns. My car was almost towed because I didnt wake up early and move it around back, and the beds are tolerable, but Im a young whippersnapper, anyone older or with any pains Id recommend looking elsewhere for a place to relax.

The roof didnt collapse on me.

Parking is limited and the spaces are extremely narrow.

Our third visit. Not deluxe but a very good value for the money. Close to Farmer's Market, LACMA, Peterson Car Collection. City buses and Fairfax DASH are close by. Walk to Canor's deli! Room had microwave, refrigerator and air conditioner and all worked very well.

parking horrific i parked in a very tight handicapped space. i left at 8;45am came out to find a ford mustang parked in the handicapped vehicle access [blue stripped area ] next to my vehicle. was tempted to call poiice . ihad an appointment . management. was of no help.

pillow were comfotable

Everything from the staff to the breakfast to the parking situation was misleading from the website. "We have a full continental breakfast" to "Theres a coffee pot and usually two honey buns that are squished and only 2 weeks old" and the staff was one of the hardest things to deal with. Parking stunk, had to park near a meter than race the other tenants for a spot @ 8 before we were charged $ curbside.

I had a place to stay. There were security cameras covering the 10 places to park.

• Double Queen Room

Parking was difficult, pillows were flat, location is noisy with traffic and heavily congested for driving, facility is very old and in need of updates.

The room was adequate for our needs

Street noise very loud and walls paper thin. Ice machine outside in courtyard. No closet, had hanger rack near door. Place is old and need of renovation throughout.

Bed was comfortable, the A/C worked fine but noisy.

The women in the front desk looked at me with such disgust really made me fell very uncomfortable

Close to every thing and 22 min walk away from West Hollywood had an amazing the grove was just 10 min away from the hotel and they had an awesome bagel place called the bagel box just 3 mins away the room it self was great

The staff could've been much friendlier. I did not feel very welcomed.

The bed was comfy. The location is really good. Close to a lot of places I visited in LA.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Housekeeping were a little noisy in the morning but they were very good at housework and good to see happy staff. Did not like smoking near room

The price. The size of the bathroom and the area

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Double Queen Room

I was visiting my daughter who lives nearby. The location is good and the price was right. I don't need a pool or room service, so it worked for me. I will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - 4 Persons

Parking is very narrow, the reception lady isn't nice, there is no elevator so we had to carry everything upstairs, pretty loud at night cause it's next to the road

The location is nice

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The lady at reception had to be the most unhelpful person I've ever met, told us we couldn't check in 30mins early after a 14hr flight from Australia simply because she couldn't be bothered making a call, even though the room was ready. Never responded to our online enquiry either. Reluctantly booked a cab for us & when we asked if we could get our bags after leaving them to get breakfast she just stared at us & clicked her tongue, then let my fiancé wheel bags around her from behind a gate. This lady HATES her job. There were only 3 pillows on the bed & you felt every move the other person made. No kettle for tea/coffee facilities.

The room was clean & close to the farmers markets, Du-Par's is a great plc to eat for a very reasonable price. The neighbourhood is safe, things shut early though & it becomes a ghost town. Bed was huge but you felt every move.

• Double Queen Room

It was just a bit dark in the room, not much natural light. But, we weren't in the room a lot.

The motel was perfectly fine. Ok, so the room is a bit shabby, but it was clean. Maids visited daily while we were out and made the beds and left fresh towels. The bed was comfy enough.

You can only check in or out through a window they did not let you in the office the woman at the counter so so friendly and the beds are not the most comfortable beds, the bed was uneven

the hotel is near where I need to be

• Double Queen Room

The Beverly Inn is right across the street from CBS studios and a short walk from the Original Farmers Market, which has great affordable food options. Room comes with a refrigerator and was not fancy but clean. Bathroom had free shower gel and shampoo.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Have to be buzzed in the front office just to check in, ask questions or even get coffee but I must say that my room was very clean and I appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room.

Location, location, location and PRICE!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

If the walls were painted and the bed covers lightened this would transform it. No coffee machine or water in the rooms but they do have a fridge. As far as rooms go it is basic, but the location makes up for it. The WIFI is appalling and if you use data you only get 3G. Which wasn't great but that was the same in most of LA so maybe not just the hotels fault.

Location was perfect, local bus stop for bus number 217 was meters away, and bus gets you all the way to the walk of fame for $1.75. Local shopping within 15 mins walk. CBS studios across the road- literally. Really comfy beds, great value for money. I stayed 4 nights on a visit from the UK. For the location alone I would stay there again. Staff were helpful. I was concerned being a solo traveller but I had no worries and it's not in a 'dodgy' area.

• Double Queen Room

Very frugal. Sink was cracked and a new toilet seat was needed. The shower backed up (water in the shower before the shower was used). I don't think that I would stay there again.

The location was excellent and the wifi worked very well. The location was excellent -- truly walking distane to the Grove.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Double Queen Room

We didn't spend a lot of time in the room/on property, however in wall A/C kept turning off and was not reliable...good thing not summer. The staff is asocial as well.

Location, location, location. 6 minute walk to both the Farmer's Market and the Grove. The price was pretty good as well.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Double Queen Room

The t.v. wasn't working. We notified the front desk clerk. When we told her no one came to fix the t.v., she said no one told her about the t.v. . Liar!!!

The price for the area is good. You get what you pay for though.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Double Queen Room

The Establishment should be condemned. Bugs, Mold, Fire Hazard, Broken TV. Lied to regarding the Inn, in every way possible. Was not handicap accessible.

Location to CBS lot.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Double Queen Room

Large crack in the vanity in the sink area outside the bathroom --- should be replaced. Unable to get a room on the ground floor (no elevator --- sucks shlepping suitcases up & down stairs, especially with a bad back).

Location was great --- shuls and kosher food readily available. Spacious room with two queen beds. Extra chairs. Could actually eat at the desk. NO PROBLEM TO BENSH LICHT erev shabbos (large tray was provided which I filled with water & plenty of plastic cups to use for holders). Microwave & refrigerator was provided. The price was great, especially in comparison to the Pico/ Robertson area price quotes.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Property should be destroyed and the land underneath sold.

Horribly dirty rooms. Filthy bathing areas. Untrained, unsupervised cleaning staff. Dirt everywhere. Bathroom unheated, unsanitary, ill-lit and thus completely unusable except for #1 as a man. Yes, in Jan. it gets cold in Los Angeles. controlled guests played music into courtyard after midnight, then had a noisy fight.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Double Queen Room

Bad plumming sink stopped up,bad smell,poor front desk service.Refrigerator noisey.clerk came knocking on our door at 10:15am saying it was check out time we had to inform her checkout was at 11am.she never said Sorry for disturbing us.

The tv and location to CBS studio

Browse Beverly Inn traveller photo gallery