Reviews of Hotel Biba 3 stars

320 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33405, USA

#22 of 32 hotels in West Palm Beach

Easy to reach, good location for what we needed.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There could be someone wiping the tables in the patio. Many of us were eating breakfast outside as the chilled the inside space so it was freezing cold. Food and drinks spill, and by 8.30 most of the tables were dirty. Unfortunately nobody from the staff took care of this.

Easy to reach, good location for what we needed. Breakfast was included in the price, and the patio is very nice, also the pool area.

Super thin walls... old hotel facility
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Updated rooms - I could hear the conversation from the next room the whole night did not sleep well - could not make the room warm the ac was working super cold

Easy access to the street

We'll be back.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No art work on the walls. My bed was squeaky and falling apart. Needs a good tightening (room 107 by the window). Used towels hanging on the bathroom door hook. Someone else hair on the floor...Clorox treatment in the shower nooks and crannies would be good.

LOVE the welcoming staff! I wish I knew her name but we LOVE her!!! (You know who you are. We drove the Corvette and we'll take you for a spin the next time!!!!). The courtyard is great. Being close to everything is awesome! For a continental breakfast it was better than expected.. And the coffee is better than Dunkin Donuts! (We tried and you won!)

Whimsy traveler
    • Standard King Room

The 1st room I checked into had a puddle of water in the middle of the room but it was no big deal because they moved me into a new room.

I really liked the atmosphere. It was nice, clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Quick gateway to West Palm
    • Standard Queen Room

Room 121 didn't have a mini refrigerator. The cleaning was not as thorough. Had to ask for soap, shampoo and conditioner because none was left. Breakfast had lots of carbs options but no fruits.

Location and friendly staff.

Charming, clean and close by attractions. Would stay again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a strong sweet chemical fragrance/smell at the area by the check in desk. We checked in after midnight for a one night stay. Unfortunately the a/c was not cooperating, it would turn off every hour with no directions on how to work them, the front desk seemed a bit bothered when asked so we told him we would take care of it ourselves. Besides easily workable a/c units? Maybe some vending machines (w/cc reader) for drinks and snacks. Nothing is open close by/walking distance so after unloading went back out in our car to find some something to eat and drink. Also the TV did not have any working channels, maybe a quick how-to as well.

The location and price were great. It's a cute hotel with a lot of charm. I will stay again because one night was not enough. We didn't get up for the breakfast. The morning person was very helpful and helped me with the ice machine. He spoke of the new renovations and that there may be a restaurant in the future which would be fun.

Relatively pleasant stay, Friendly Staff
    • Standard King Room

AC issues- front desk was accommodating and changed rooms- The AC fan clicked all night. Breakfast was highly underwhelming!

Nostalgic - improvements on property in the last yr

Warm and welcoming was the room and staff
    • Standard King Room

It was a perfect place and stay. Would go again.

Hotel was great. Clean and comfy. Only issue was it was in need of a new roof as had water stains and drywall in need of repair in closet and bathroom. No active leaks. Just esthetics. It didnt effect the overall stay or accommodations. As the hotel itself was well maintained and well kept.

Will always stay here when in West Palm Beach.
    • Studio

The reception people here are always welcoming, friendly, and want to do everything and anything to make you comfortable. Location is great. Like bring in a quiet neighborhood.

Staff, everyone was amazing especially the man who checked...
    • Studio

The pool was smaller than how it looked in the picture.

Staff, everyone was amazing especially the man who checked us in and out. He was helpful and went above and beyond 🐌

Decent for the length of stay.
    • Standard King Room

No black out curtains in the room. By 8am it was so bright it looked as if someone turned on every light in the building. The hot water in the shower did not get hot enough.

Loved the layout of the room and the look of the outside was quite beautiful. Although I didn’t stay long enough to get the full use of the facilities.

It is a decent botique motel/hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

Parking can be difficult late evening. For the price, especially in-season, it's a bit pricey.

It is a decent botique motel/hotel. Continental breakfast is ok.

Excellent Romantic Getaway Place!!!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Solely the price was a tad much

It was amazing in every way!!! Cleanliness, staff and facilities!!! Perfect boutique hotel for a beautiful getaway, just steps away from the ocean, although not the beach, it is so gorgeous!!! Price was a little steep but still I recommended it very much!!!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

a great way to start our family holiday.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing we felt needed attention, was the bathroom, it had not been freshly cleaned.

Staff was friendly, having a pool was great, breakfast was perfect, we were close to everything.

Amazing
    • Standard Queen Room

There is really nothing that I did not like about this place. It was so beautiful

It was so pretty and very nice to see all the greenery around the felicities

• Studio

The shower had lots of tiles missing which caused it to make mold, my tv remote did not work, and there was dust all over the place. Super noisy, nothing like the picture. Called right away to get my stay readjusted to just one night. My child’s room and tv is bigger than the room.

It was worth what I paid would have liked to have gotten what I saw in the photos.
    • Standard King Room

did not like the bathroom, needs paint on walls and door, need to prune the shrubs make wider walkway, ALOT of mosquitos should spray the property.

I liked the bed

Need my money back.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Charged 2 nights only stayed one. No coffee in room. No hot water. No tv chanel guide.q Asked to go toilet by the main office woman said they did not have one????

Everything was clean, room and bathroom was spacious.
    • Standard King Room

Location - it was far from center of West Palm, however on the other side of the road there is a place with good Taco :)

Everything was clean, room and bathroom was spacious. Very friendly staff. Breakfast rather standard (toasts/bagel or cereals) but it was ok.

This place is new and upcoming and it's going to be so wonderful!
    • Standard King Room

It was a little smaller than I had expected so there wasn't a bar or room service or anything but the staff was so wonderful that it just made everything so much better. The property was adorable and so much potential I bet once this place is busy and they can stab somebody all the time it's going to be so fun and cute

I love the staff and the decor was cute and it was very close to the airport which was convenient

Lovely design and decor, with a beautiful garden.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was a little bit cramped, but other than that, nothing at all to complain about.

Lovely design and decor, with a beautiful garden. Was sorry we only got there late in the evening, and left early the next day.

OK
    • Standard Queen Room

Noisy. The construction of the property - the walls are thin and you can here any noise nexrt room make. I had to be moved to another room Rooms are pretty basic furnished - clean and with a minimalistic vibe. But IKEA Lights??

Nice restaurant & bar staff

The hotel is just perfect like always!
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel is just perfect like always! Super cozy hotel you have the essentials to have a wonderful stay and the staff super nice! Breakfast?! Just perfect!

-Friendly staff (we even got a feee upgrade to a bigger...
    • Standard Queen Room

-Housekeeping came in a bit too early (before we checked out)

-Friendly staff (we even got a feee upgrade to a bigger room)! -Breakfast -Beautiful room with clean bathroom -Nice pool

We loved the staff and the home vibe this hotel has.
    • Studio

I wish they would have had a fridge and microwave and more than one ice machine. We had lefts overs from the hotel restaurant and unfortunately we couldn’t even eat it because we didn’t have a fridge to store it in.

We loved the staff and the home vibe this hotel has.

Great short stay, really comfortable room with great access to palm beach, Fort Lauderdale etc ...
    • Standard Queen Room

Swimming pool is nice but right by the bins which smell in the heat, wouldn’t change anything else though.

Simplistic comfortable rooms in a great location. Friendly staff and good onsite parking right outside. Bargain.

We had a great time and will be back!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Laughs, a later check out time, I didn't want to leave!

Very clean and comfortable room and bed. Grounds are beautiful, excellant coffee and fresh, squishy pastries at breakfast with fresh fruit, yougart, all that I needed! I usually stay at Hilton Hotels while in West Palm Beach but never again! The Hotel Biba was a nice little Gem of a find and I will be back!💕

Little runaway gem!
    • Standard Queen Room

Cute, trendy yong hotel. Love it. Since I was there last time they DID get more sun beds. Looking forward to my stay with husband in 2 weeks! I also love the flexibility of cancellations, because I’m on a freelance schedule things planned far ahead don’t always work out.

Thanks to the breakfast experience and luv from the waitress..made a sweet experuence
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirtyness of front entrance of room..Dirtyness of garden..maids or people through all the remains in top of the plants.should look cleaner. .also bathroom tile very dirty..and water on sink hardly coming out.. Also no drawers to out away small items

Breakfast staff Anita from Cuba

Run Forrest Run Fast As You Can
    • Standard King Room

1. The bathroom window was broken out completely in room #134. Reported to front desk and no one came to repair it. 2. The pictures online will fool you into believing this is a great hotel but oh no it is not at all. 3. The pool was full of leaves from the trees around the pool. I never saw anyone trying to clean the pool the two day I spent there. 4. This is a very very old motel that is in need of a total upgrade. Do not let the pictures online fool you please. 5. Oh the ice machine is too far from the rooms if you are inside the courtyard. It is located all the way on the front of the motel in a area you would never find. I had to get assistance to find the darn ice machine. 6. Basque at Biba the restaurant, is not worth your time. It is not guest friendly; no good options on the menu for different cultures. Super over priced!!!!!!! 7. Oh My Gawd the Lizards are horrible and running all over the place, I was so scared of them. 8. PARKING is horrible; the area is not large enough to accommodate the guest. 9. It is located on the end of a dead end road I will never ever stay there again and will not recommend anyone else to stay there.

The only thing I liked was the cleanliness of the room. The photos online are very deceiving.

Great staff...nice space... simple and decent for price!
    • Studio

That the garbage bin was right next to the pool and had a foul odor. I did not use the pool for that reason.

Wish I had a room with a bathtub... but everything else was fine. Friendly staff!

Free parking and easy access to all the highlights of the...
    • Standard King Room

I had no cell service throughout most of the property (my carrier is Verizon), and I couldn't connect to Biba's wi-fi. The floor in my room was so dirty, even after multiple rounds of housekeeping I had to wear shoes the whole time. Bathroom outlet didn't work, door had to be slammed to shut. The building and gardens are beautiful and the hotel has a lot of potential - but it needs work before it's a nice place to return to at the end of the day.

Free parking and easy access to all the highlights of the Palm Beaches. It was lovely to hang out by the pool when I had an hour free, and continental breakfast was available (though I chose to eat off-site during my stay). The staff was very kind and accommodating.

Parking was a big problem because of the new restaurant they...
    • Studio

Parking was a big problem because of the new restaurant they have contracted with. I hope that situation improves or I won’t want to stay there again.

Good restaurants in walking distance
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having to go through the restaurant to get get to the room and the pool. Parking spaces should be priorized (hotel customers first). Breakfast (were that supposed to be croissants?)

Good restaurants in walking distance

Wouldn't stay here again
    • Standard King Room

Beds were very uncomfortable. Noisy train practically every hour blowing whistle during the night. I was exhausted after my stay. Left a day early.

Convent area. Nice breakfast area and pool.

Air conditioning worked well
    • Studio

No water pressure. Water temperature lukewarm. No bedside table on one side of bed. Parking about a block away in an unsecured gravel lot. Parking next to my room reserved for restaurant customers.

Air conditioning worked well

Good but didn’t sleep well
    • Standard Queen Room

I got the last room which undoubtedly was the worst. Lots of noise and creaking due to the location of this particular room. Beggars can’t be choosers!

Friendliness of staff

Would not go there again. Period.
    • Studio

Interrupted sleep in the middle of the night, paper thin walls, room was not cleaned while we were away, no new towels were given. Even asked the maid for more towels, she said she'd bring them but never showed up. Pool area wasn't very clean and the staff was almost non-existent.

Location was okay.

Hotel Biba offers excellent value for money in a nice location.
    • Standard King Room

The continental breakfast was fine but what a shame that it is served entirely using disposable plates, coffee cups & cutlery. Convenient for the hotel but not so much for the environment!

It’s neighbourhood location, cool patio bar, simple but attractive rooms. Hotel Biba offered super value for money compared to other hotels in the area.

Was fine but without car, too far away from everything
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast I don't eat bread stuff I eat fresh fruits and there wete usually only bananas I also asked for oranges and apples which were offered several days later

Pool

Very pleasant. Hence I recommended it to lots of people already.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

They really raised the prices a lot for 3 nights 2 double beds $224.00 (tx incl.)per night is bit much. Last year it was a $ 100.00 less. Housekeeping does not believe in cleaning floors. Our feet were black.

We stay there every year working the West Palm Beach Show. It is a Boutique Hotel. We like it because it is not only in an affluent neighborhood but very close to the show. A very nice generous breakfast is included which one can eat outside at the Patio or inside. The rooms are modern and clean, beds are comfortable. The newest thing which started only a few days ago: at night the Breakfast Room turns into a restaurant, patio included. Has a bar to sit at. A truck is parked outside where the cooking is done and then served inside. Cool idea when you don't have space for a kitchen. Food was decent and the ambiance very nice. So, if someone is to tired to go somewhere to eat, its right by your room. There is also a Publix 2 blocks away, in case one needs something else.

Not too pleased
    • Standard King Room

The grounds were under renovation which meant our site was not as pretty and work started very early. The breakfast was terrible and cold. Booking.com showed pictures of a lounge area which staff said hasn't been in use for 5 years. The pool area was extremely dark at night and due to the renovations I didn't feel comfortable taking a dip while the workers stood around the pool. I certainly would've chosen a different hotel had I known all of these things before hand.

The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Less than impressed....
    • Standard King Room

No storage place. No dresser for clothes and no bathroom cabinet or counter space... Breakfast was less than desirable. Only one chair. Alarm clock and radio didn't work. TV remote didn't work. The guy that check us in was not very friendly and little rude. Had no view and lots of road noise. Railroad track with frequent trains was only two block or so away... Over priced for the amenities.

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. Service after check-in was good. Great location.

A great bed.
    • Studio

No microwave to heat pasteries. I stayed above the reception area and it was a little noisy till everyone got checked in around 9:30-10pm.

A great bed. Very comfortable and a nice choice of pillows

Never again
    • Studio

Bulbs out in room and bathroom, dingy. Reported but not fixed though they did bring us a lamp. Water warm not hot. Room quite dusty and dirty and worse of all two cockroaches! The only one's seen in six weeks of travel round Florida. We were given a small discount for this though.

Good location.

We liked the uniqueness.
    • Studio

The room was the smallest in which we have ever stayed, including B&Bs. Just room for the standard-sized bed and one end table. There was no lamp, only a ceiling light. Cleanliness only average at best. Seemed OK until looking at the bottom of our feet and socks. We did stay a second night because we had booked a second night, but insisted on a better room, which we got. Second room was better. Continental breakfast and the parking were also sub-standard.

We liked the uniqueness...the gardens and the overall layout of a very old hotel. Staff was OK.

A work in progress.
    • Studio

The room was never cleaned properly. For three days the chambermaid ignored a dead lizard in the bathroom and finally we had to take it away.

Outdoor space under the palm trees to have breakfast or a drink at the end of the day

No sound proofing in main building equals no sleep.
    • Standard King Room

DO NOT stay in the main building where the lobby is. There is no sound baffling between floors and walls there, so if you are in rooms over the lobby you can hear every word spoken... til 2 am :-( Not good for sleeping!

Beautiful boutique hotel, artfully renovated, clean with lovely staff

May not stay again if another choice.
    • Studio

TOO DARK.Only One small ceiling light; unable to read. No lamp, one of two bulbs in bath out. No assistance with luggage, second floor, no elevator. No fridge. One hard chair at desk.

Bed fine. Good a/c!

Great stay in West Palm Beach
    • Standard Queen Room

There was some work going on which meant that there was a buffet style breakfast (which was OK) and no restaurant. Had to hunt for wifi signal in the room, which was more basic than in the pics.

Staff & management were very friendly and we dined at a local Italian restaurant that was great.

Never again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel was such a disappointment. I had been there years ago and it was a cool little bo ho chic place. Now it is tired, run down and poorly maintained. Too bad.

Regular
    • Standard Queen Room

The price was high for not being near the beach. Also shower courtin was terribly dirty and Breakfast was not good

The staff was really kind and the hotel has free parking

Great spot, curious shortcomings
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No place for storage no drawers in furniture at all. One closer no shelf in shower to put down soap etc. Facilities a little shabby

Setting and style of room Location great, parking fine.

We have stayed at many hotels in W Palm and this was by far...
    • Standard Queen Room

We have stayed at many hotels in W Palm and this was by far the BEST! We look foward to coming back for many years to come. The staff Chris and Toi were so friendly, and helpful. The cleaning staff was wonderful. The breakfast and coffee. I could go on and on. We loved everything about Hotel Biba ❤️ Location near great restaurants walking distance, downtown clamatis, minutes from airport. Lisa and Sean

Short Stay Only?
    • Standard Queen Room

Lack of storage space in bedroom. You live out of your suitcase Nice large bathroom and not one shelf to put anything on! No coffee maker/kettle in room

Very friendly staff

The people were great and you could tell that management was...
    • Standard King Room

The room was a little tired and the breakfast could be improved a bit.

The people were great and you could tell that management was investing in the property to update it. We were concerned when we first arrived that the busy street outside the hotel would be loud, but once inside the bushes, it was like a little oasis. We had room 122.

I would stay again, but the hotel needs to do some exterior maintenance and deep cleaning of the roo
    • Standard Queen Room

Floor of room was dirty. Chrome furniture legs had sticky substance on them. Room just needs a good deep cleaning. Some wood trim at the exterior doorway entrance was rotted and falling apart.

Location, contemporary style. Nice continental breakfast.

We will never stay again. Waste of money and no comfort
    • Studio

The bed was hard and the shower did not get hot. It only ran cold water. We complained and nothing was done. We weren't able to shower and I also paid full price for our room. This should have been discounted.

Great location for a one night stay.
    • Standard King Room

Room was quite spare. No place to unpack in the room (no drawers ) no place for toiletries in the bathroom and no lighting on the second side of the bed. Ran out of yogurt at 8:00 AM on 1/25 reducing breakfast choices considerably.

Location was excellent.

Disappointed
    • Studio

Breakfast- very bad quality food and no proper table to eat / very bad wi-fi / ants in the room, first room looked terrible, the second was the same (very small and dark, near the reception so you feel like peeple in the reception are in your room- almost impossible to fell asleep), the third room looked better and was bigger but we were moved because of plenty of ants. Pool didn't look good do we didn't use it.

Parking place in front of the hotel, 2,5km to the center, restaurants across the street

It was satisfactory for our needs.
    • Standard King Room

Heating system did not work but staff brought us a heater. Breakfast was good but a little sparse.

Location, ease of access, parking, staff, comfortable bed

It was nice and very quiet and very nice staff.
    • Studio

It needs a little work done in the bathroom. The shower needs a lot of work done and flooring in the room. I like to be able to work around without shoes and take a shower without our water shoes. Other than that it was nice.

I love the area the hotel was in and the staff were nice and helpful.

Good sized rooms,clean and comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

Good sized rooms,clean and comfortable. Lovely courtyard setting for breakfast. Good location,nice area for walking through tree lined streets on the way to the bay.

We would not rent that room again.
    • Studio

First, the exterior lighting is awful. Very dim and almost dangerous. The parking is woefully limited.The room, which was advertised as a studio, was very small, furnished only with a double bed, a desk and a chair. No dresser, no refrigerator or microwave wave. The TV was small (maybe 20 inch) and not HD.

It’s in a great location in a nice part of town with good restaurants nearby. Some are within walking distance.

The room thermostat did not function, that a central control...
    • Standard King Room

The room thermostat did not function, that a central control determined the room temperature. As we arrived during a cold snap, we required the help of the desk person to supply a portable heater.

Super friendly staff.
    • Studio

Noisy, near a train station. Every hour the train passes and horns many times.

Super friendly staff. We got a free upgrade! Nice and clean place. Off the beaten track. Breakfast was great especially the sugar loaf bread.

Never again

Every thing place BAD

Nothing ,celebrating my wife's birthday...not happy!requested a king or 2twins ..got a queen.Staff said nothing available.narrow path with bushes to get breakfast pouring rain gave up...to far away

It was close to everything and looked nice on the outside...

Roaches , no fridge , thin sheets , just a lot of roaches

It was close to everything and looked nice on the outside and the room service was always available

Friendly and helpful staff.
    • Standard King Room

Couldn’t figure out air conditioner several nights. Bed is on rotten particle board. One plug outlet in bathroom. Parking was limited.

Friendly and helpful staff. Nearby pool.

We just needed to sleep somewhere for one night, so we...
    • Standard King Room

As I wrote, the room was very simple. It is good for an independent traveler, for the partners I would choose something diffrent. Other guests made noise till the night. But we arrived in the evening and we left early morning next day - it was OK :-)

We just needed to sleep somewhere for one night, so we decided for this. The room was clean but so simple, the bathroom was really small. Because it was our honeymoon, I have to say, it is not romantic place :-) ( hole in the shower, cold room, noise...). But just for one night, along the way to the south - perfect. Breakfast was delicious and sitting in the garden was so nice!

Very nice - we would definitely stay again.
    • Standard King Room

A little more comfortable sitting area, some counter space in bathroom.

Except for dirty baseboards in bathroom, the room was clean and comfortable, though spare. The grounds were very nice and the breakfast was good. The people running the hotel were very helpful and genuinely nice and attentive.

did not sleep
    • Studio

they did not tell us that there was a ROOF TOP club that played LOUDLY until 3am in the morning. Even my teenage gran girl could not sleep

bed comfortable, had restaurant and bar outside

Simply amazing Customer Service & Great Hospility!
    • Standard Queen Room

We need a kitchen ton premise...a chef when you feel to stay in and you can take out.

There was a customer service representative, I believe her name was Toi; she was amazing as well as my Cuban lady and Haitian lady in the morning breakfast area. In addition, my cleaning lady (Latin) was excellent!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Nice hotel to stay, good value for money.
    • Standard Queen Room

I prefer some variety at breakfast and fresh fruits.

The staff in the hotel was very friendly and helpful. Any issues were resolved straight away to make sure I'm enjoying my holidays.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Okay for budget-conscious.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed and bedding were sub standard, almost dormitory-style.--no comfort, just the basics. There was no blanket and it was chilly. There was also not hot water! Warm but not hot was all I could get in the morning. Breakfast was pastries and yogurt--nothing special or nutritious so, the free breakfast did not add much value to the stay.

It is a cheerful and eclectic property overall.

Browse Hotel Biba traveller photo gallery