Reviews of Bilmar Beach Resort 3 stars

10650 Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island , St Pete Beach, FL 33706, USA

#17 of 82 hotels in St Pete Beach

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

Parking lot not big enough to handle everyone. Had to park across the street next to Walgreen. To me this is a security risk. Facility not located close to the water. Had to walk a distance to settle in for the afternoon.

Nice facility. Clean room. Friendly staff. Activities for all ages. Reasonable prices on the food in both the Cafe, and Sloppy Joe's. Would recommend staying there.

Long walk to the beach

We Loved Everything about the trip.... Took my 2 Grandsons both of them 4 yrs old there for the weekend and they loved it!! We had a Great Time!!!

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

I was disappointed they didn’t have a room with shower available for customers with late flights . I would have loved swimming in pool before I left.

The property was very tropical and clean. Our room was on main floor with easy access to beach.

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

Best hotel on the strip. Great music and lively atmosphere, but also very relaxing. Adirondack chairs directly outside were a huge plus. Nice pool areas and very friendly staff. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

rooms are of an older property and could have been bigger for the price paid.

location convenience and on site restaurants not to mention the staff. very professional and very friendly.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Tiny room - room entrance was in little side corridor where housekeeping cart was stored during the day (see photo for view from the room door), window view of parking lot, beach very (too) wide (1/4 mile?), limited parking, luke warm buffet breakfast.

The room was clean and updated, staff was friendly.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

The lobby above the pool . The seat were uncomfortable and the tops of the tables were missing. Cornhole game was unavailable. I believe this part of the lobby could be more inviting. Perhap a few umbrella on the tables to keep the sun off of you. More games activities too.

Sloppy Joes food the best. Salads were excellent.The cafe is a ok. Desk service was wonderful. Walgreen and a ice cream parlor is right across from the street. A favorite restaurant called Pearl is within walking distance. Publix is very close and handy for groceries. For great italian restaurant go to Verducci's 7736 Blind Pass it a wonderful taste of Italy. A fun miniature golf plan is Smugger Cove in Maderia Beach, they have live alligator to feed. Don't forget John Pass. Also loved the baked cookies in the lobby in the afternoon.Our room was very quiet sine we ask for rooms next to the pool side and not the road side..

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

We were hoping that the pools would be warmer, specially the one by Sloppy Joe’s. It was so cold we did not use it. We were also hoping for better restaurants that you could walk to. Sloppy Joe’s was the only one.

The staff was great. If there was ever a problem they would take care of it immediately.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Parking was atrocious, WIFI was practically non existent.... so slow I couldn't use it. Staff was not overly friendly.

Clean, A/C worked very well, pool are looked nice (didn't use), buffet was good.

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

Wasn't too impressed with the food at the cafe but there are plenty of nearby options and the staff will tell you about them. Captain Bill's for great seafood,Foxys for breakfast /lunch,Shrimpy's for breakfast/lunch. All were simply a short walk across the street from Bilmar. Great shrimp tacos and burgers at Boardwalk Grill at Jon's Pass.(2 mi north). Went jet skiing there and found this little gem for lunch.. I'm so impressed with the people of Florida. Kind and polite...even when driving!

Loved our beach view, management and staff were friendly and informative,beds were amazing,good parking,very quiet after 10 pm.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

There might have been s reason why on the beach there wasn’t any garbage pals near the ocean! They were all behind the pipe!! And sadly there was litter that people just left! There actually was an older couple picking up the trashon the beach ..

The bed was great!! The pina colada’s were also great! The staff were always pleasant & always doing their job! The two pools were impeccable !

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

One thing I didn't like was the smell of the bathroom sink water, which I'm sure you can't help. Another thing was that we didn't get spoons for our coffee in the morning.

It was great to have a place to have meals and not have to leave the property if you didn't want to. It was close to different places & things to do. The pools were great, as was the staff. Everyone was more than helpful! Also it was so helpful to have a wheelchair that we could use! And Carmen who cleaned our room was terrific! Thanks to all!!

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

The ice machine was located next to my door to the room. Noisy at all hours. The elevator was located directly across from my room. Noisy at all hours. There was an electrical problem in the room and the breaker to the ceiling fan continued to fail.

I liked the proximity to the beach and the location of the property made driving your car unnecessary. The lady who cleaned my room, Tracy, was wonderful, friendly and very professional.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

I wish they would have coffee during the whole day instead of just in the morning although they do have coffeepot in the rooms. Wish they had the cornhole game upstair over the pool areas. Need to make that areas more inviting. Chairs were missing and no table top on some of the tables. Aside from this it was wonderful. This is our second time visiting. If you want a quiet rooms take the room in the back where the pool areas is. We had room 212.

They work hard on making their guests happy. Loved the cookies in the afternoon. Help at the desk for information on the areas was outstanding. Love the convenience of the areas. Publix is 1/2 block, Walgreen and ice cream place is across the street. Not to mention a number of restaurants and beauty parlor. Shuttle is available to get to St. John Pass and Pass n grille. A must Italian place to go to is the Verducci's Italy 7736 Blind Pass. We went there twice.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

Not much. Just a luggage cart to have used when checking in, but really not that big if deal!

My daughter and I were pleasantly surprised with the resort. The check In was quick and efficient, on checking in a luggage cart would have saved an extra trip, but couldn’t find one. Our room was very clean. The kitchenette area was everything and more! I figured a microwave and refrig, but had toaster, cooktop and the everything down to plates and silverware. The beds was very comfortable. Nice to have USB ports for charging on both sides of Nightstand. The balcony sunsets were amazing! The restaurants near by were very good. Grocery store and a Walgreens across the street. We would definitely go back again.

• Poolside Room with Kitchenette

Did not replenish soap and shampoos when room was cleaned. Some of the pillows were too hard and lumpy. Rooms were a little pricey. Should have a bigger trash can especially for rooms with a kitchenette. The free amenities are really not free when they charge an amenity fee. Maybe they should get rid of the fee.

Front desk check in employee was very good. Rooms were clean. Gifts for children was a nice touch, and free breakfast for children accompanied by adults. Amenities were nice. Very nice location. Free parking also a plus.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

No fault of the Bilmar because we didn't say anything but the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work (minor) but one concern is the kitchen sink water supply is piped backwards. Cold on hot , hot on cold and water was very hot this is really the only issue we had

That we had to leave!!

The breakfast burrito is the best I have ever had. The ice machines were an awesome asset for us before heading to the beach. Being able to have cold adult drinks with the beach chairs, at no additional cost. Made our stay awesome. The staff was superb

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

We were initially given room 112. That room is a total cave. Gross. Dark and damp, noisy and public,and right next to cafe. Feels like you live in the the back room of a restaurant. This room should be discounted. Can’t believe I was charged full price. Moved after 1 night.

Clean and convenient

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

It was a little noisy in the room at night being located near parking lot

The staff was extremely attentive. The facility was clean and updated and we LOVED our walkout right onto the beach!

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

No real security at property. I would have preferred some sort of security at the resort. Elevator required a room key to operate but the stairwells were completely accessible from the street. Resort is a quarter mile from the water, I would prefer to be closer. My room with ocean view was directly overlooking the pool which left no privacy and also detracted from any view that I may have had. Shuttle to ocean would have been nice, drink service on beach would be nice too. Outside of buildings could use some refreshening.

The room was very nice, clean and nicely decorated. Loved having beach chairs available for use each day

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

Wouldnt let me into my room until after 5 pm. When i was told I could no later than 2 pm. Even with a cranky baby from alday on planes and in airports. No extra blankets and my safe didnt work. Front desk staff was a joke. All other staff was amazing. Beach is amazing. Amenities supplied by resort are REALLY NICE. Pool was nice AND so was restaurants. Nice modern rooms. Small but nice.

Beach

Bigger Fridge is it!

Enjoyed the free chair and bike rental! Very nice room with a wonderful view. Wish the fridge was bigger and the stay could have been longer!

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

Sloppy Joe’s restaurant stinks. Yes, it is a beachfront property, but you can’t see or hear the ocean from the first floor rooms. The rooms are overpriced for what you receive. They list their amenities on their website, but I didn’t see where you were charged for these amenities. I thought they were included in the price of the room. They are NOT. When we checked in we were told there would be extra daily charges for these amenities. We declined these extra charges and were told that we couldn’t decline these charges. Don’t think you are getting Beach front loung chairs; you are getting beach front folding chairs which you have to pick up and return each day. I was terribly disappointed in this location.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

My new vehicle was damaged by a palm tree (belonging to the Bilmar Condo) by falling on my hood, windshield & top doing major damage. In my opinion it could have been prevented if the landscaping had been better maintained by removing the tree before it fell on my vehicle. After I filled out paperwork (at the office managers request I asked for a copy for my own records and was refused a copy. The condo’s insurance didn’t contact me for almost a week and a half, left a message since I missed the call and I couldn’t get anything but a voice mail every time I called. The staff placed me in a room directly in front of an elevator exposing us to continuous & relentless high levels of noise at all hours of the day and night. The housekeeping maid staff repeatedly slammed the doors to adjoining rooms so hard it bounced our heads off our headboards of our beds making it completely impossible to get a decent nights rest and startling us during sleeping. One morning a maid did it repeatedly to the point I had to come out and ask her to quit slamming the door. The same maid tried to walk in our room while we were sleeping even though we had a “privacy please” (do not disturb) sign on our door. I had to get dressed to go out and ask her why she tried to come into our room since we had a privacy please sign on our door. She told me that checkout time was 11:00 and we were past our checkout time. We still had another week booked and paid for in advance. After seven consecutive days of this nonsense (and complaining to the front desk & manager) we asked to be moved to another room away from the elevator and the ridiculously irritating maid(s). The front desk employee I spoke with about moving to another room promised to move me to another room away from the elevator the next morning telling me she would call me at 8:00 a.m. to facilitate the move.

My pillows were comfortable.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

We enjoyed being close to the beach. We had breakfast every morning in the cafe lunch or dinner at Sloppy Joes or Ricky T’s. My truck never the paking lot because everything we needed was either at the hotel or very close by. It was our third time to staying there and we will be back again next spring break.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

Food at cafe was practically inedible There were NO vegan options on the menu unless you ordered toast and grits with no butter. When i did the toast was of the cheapest variety and the grits tasted straight out of a box Heavy heavy clorine in the whirl and swimming pool water

I liked that there were no room sanitizers as i had requested. Sheets did not have a fragrance which was much appreciated Staff very friendly

• Room Selected at Check-In

There was not much not too like. Maybe play a lil up music in the bar dowstairs.

Friendly workers, super clean, and fun activities! Love the atmosphere.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Lovely modern room overlooking beach. Large TV with all channels, tea and coffee making facilities, on site Sloppy Joes and 2 heated pools, free bike and kayak use. Restaurants and bars nearby.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

TV reception for local stations was very poor. My wife enjoys watching she favorite shows at night and they were scrambled all 7 days. No full length mirror for my wife.

Location, staff very friendly and helpful.

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

The bums on the boardwalk was a little strange. Couldn’t believe they were allowed to drink in public and hit on the ladies that walked by.

It was a very nice place. We had fun.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

We were charged a 20$ daily amenity fee which would have been fine if we could have used the amenities, it was windy and cool most days and we were unable to. However we were still charged the fee, we even asked at checkout and we told they were sorry but we were still billed.

Room was clean and nice view. Didn’t need a car, good location.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

There was a wedding on sataurday and they let them party to about 3:00am into the morning .Stayed in room 327 by ice machine very noisy. For the price of the room it was not worth it. Room noise was terrible.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

The only thing we didn't like was the distance from hotel to beach. Long walk back and forth to bathroom at hotel.

Everything you need is either right at Bilmar or within walking distance. Rooms are nice. We had a first floor room and loved that we could walk right out and sit/lay in sunshine.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

We watched a guy come in everyday off beach and use pool and pool chair and then hop on his bike and leave, need better security at pool

Location was great, on beach, 2 nice pools and food good on property

• Room Selected at Check-In

Was the absolute smallest room I’ve stated in & a bit on the noisy side.

The closeness to everything & the staff was so friendly &accommodating.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

Room was noisy, pool was not good, workout facility was worse than most hotels. Overall ratings didn’t reflect property. Overpriced for what you get.

Bikes and beach chairs included

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

The Bilmar café staff became slower and slower with serving as the week progressed. We did not eat there for breakfast the last day for fear of missing our plane.

Great maid service: understood that we were not early risers and washed our dishes. Fruit crepe was delicious. Can't say enough about the location; it was beautiful. Beach was quiet and clean.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

Housekeeping needs to switch to soft rubber wheels on their carts. Very loud when they push them over the tile in the hallway. Balcony floors, and rails need to be cleaned more often. Very dirty.

Great location. Quiet at night. Great view.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

Bothroom has no show curtainer??!! The waster was spoiled everywhere after shower and all towler got wet

Bed is comfortable, there is a restaurant with really nice food nearby . Good view from the window , staff is friendly and helpful .

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

We especially enjoyed the French Toast breakfast at Bilmar Beach Café. Enjoyed the pool area and the hot tub. Staff was helpful and friendly. Liked the location for walking to restaurants and activities. Beautiful white sand beach and Gulf view from our room was enjoyable. Very clean and the room was comfortable! Especially enjoyed the beach access and walkway outside along the beach. A very good experience for being in Florida for the 1st time. Definitely would return again!

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

toilet didn't flush right could not get NBC network on tv came up no signal no program guide came up no information

room nice bed comfortable nice clean pools friendly staff cook fixed me a great omelette on Sunday buffet

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

The water served in the restaurants taste awful. You would think they would serve bottled water.

We have been staying at the Bilmar for over 30 years. Most of the rooms appear to be newly renovated. We always get a beach front room with balcony. The beach is large and beautiful. Great dining and entertainment close by.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

I asked for a room on the upper level and received a room only on the second floor right above the pool and bar. Could not have door open because of the noise. Defeated the purpose of having and paying extra for a balcony room

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

The air condition unit is a radiator type, and intermittently has a louder cycle that was bothersome the first night, but we actually got used to it. The entry door of the section we stayed in opened to the parking lot, with the expected beach strip street noise.

The location was fantastic. We didn't have a car and were able to walk to restaurants and grocery stores. The beach in front of the hotel is absolutely beautiful. The room was clean and updated with a kitchenette across from the beds in a regular hotel bed arrangement. Towels and chairs for the beach were provided. We ate breakfast at the cafe and found the food and service really good. The staff at the hotel do honestly stand out as friendly, courteous, and energetic. The hotel exceeded our expectations of our last minute booking.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

Loved the location. Cool, whimsical artwork on the wall of our room. Had breakfast and lunch in the cafe. Great meals! Would definitely stay there again.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

The room air conditioner needed cleaning - a smell of mildew (not overpowering, but present). The eggs in the cafe had an odd flavor, maybe from the oil.

Great location. Well kept resort. Super friendly staff. Very clean. Convenient amenities - beach towels, etc.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

The main block where our room was located was a building site, the noise from early morning to early evening was to much. On leaving the Block we had to walk through the building works whilst workmen were working overhead. There were no signs for safety and no barriers to show a safe way out of the area. This was not good enough, customers should be protected.

Location was good, room had been refitted to a good standard

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

We had to get our own coffee twice during breakfast, and it wasn't even busy.

The desk staff was very helpful and friendly, the beach was awesome, the pool was clean and the hot tub was very nice.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

Was not clean, construction, poor service, wouldn't go back

Location, Had been there before, this time very poor housekeeping, never came to clean until 5 pm if at all, food good st restaurant, view and beach great

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

Way too much construction, price was high for a studio accomadation. Food in restaurants was of marginal quality

taff was very friendly, rooms had just been renovated

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

did not like cold weather, but that was out of everyone's control. A bit of construction going on but got quiet in the evening into early morning. room was a bit to high up for me and the cold weather prevented us from enjoying the beach or sitting on the balcony but as I said that was out of our control.

the room was very nice. recently renovated so had a lot of "new" which was great. view was awesome but we picked one of the coldest days in Florida to be here, so couldn't enjoy walking the beach or sitting on the balcony as much as we would have liked.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

our time was short, the weather was not great (not any fault of the Bilmar!!!)

dinner at Sloppy Joes. breakfast at Beach Cafe. wide beach. kites. walkers. birds. modern colors/renovations. staff friendly. We will go back again!!

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

The room wasn’t clean the staff didn’t care about their guests, not friendly staff at all. Every time we ask for a service we get nothing at all. The management was bad at this hotel

Nothing except the beach

See above

We enjoyed our stay. It was wonderful for our big family get together with children varying in age from 3 months to 17 years. Our only disappointment was the service in the restaurant? It took an inordinate amount of time to get service; however, once we did get waited on and served the wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. We felt that the resort needed larger wait and housekeeping staff.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Walls are thin, jacuzzi was warm, over priced, kicked off using certain facilities because of a wedding party had priority Without being notified.

Nice beachfront...

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

We listened to banging most of the time, our room wasn’t cleaned each day and construction at times made it difficult to move around the resort as usual. The price was not inexpensive so I was disappointed this trip. We always loved the bilmar

We always stay here while in st Pete’s and love it each time. Ur location and staff are great

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

Because our flight was early, we arrived at 12:00. Check in time isn't until 4:00, so they said they'd give us a room as soon as it was ready. The hotel was under construction. We asked to be on the first floor and away from construction. They assured us that we'd be in a quiet spot on the first floor. We agreed to downgrade from a full suite to a mini suite for the better location. At 3:30, the room still wasn't ready, so we told them we were going to the grocery store. They said they'd call us and it would be ready soon. (Umm, yeah. It was almost 4:00). They called a little after 4:00 to tell us it was ready. When we returned, we got to the room. Right. Smack. Dab. In the middle of construction zone. The parking directly in front of our room was zoned off for LOUD construction equipment. I went to the front desk. They were apologetic and moved us to a much better full kitchenette room, which we were told was an upgrade. Great room. Great location. But the sliding door and a/c weren't working. Door was fixed right away. A/C took 3 requests and 24 hours. Then we discovered we had no hot water. That was fixed quickly to water so scalding hot we couldn't use it. That took another 24 hours. One pool was closed. The other was fine. The hot tub jets didn't work. We mostly wanted the beach, which was fabulous, so we were able to look past all the other problems and had a great time.

So close to the beach. Bikes, paddle boards, folding beach chairs are included in the package. If you just want to relax and enjoy the beach (which we did), this is a laid back and easy place to do it.

The construction areas

The staff let us sit on the cafe patio even when we weren't eating and gave us coffee in the morning to save me walking to the lobby! It has been 20 years since my last stay there and it was just as good as I remembered.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

Building was under construction so a bit noisy at times. Also meant the second pool was closed. We were not aware of this until we arrived. However, it never became an issue for us.

Staff was amazing! Wonderful, helpful and friendly! Had a small incident and when I complained, the supervisor (wish I could remember her name) gave us free breakfast vouchers AND removed our resort fees! Location is perfect, you can walk to restaurants, grocery stores and more! Onsite restaurants are great though, good food and entertainment!

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

There was construction going on ALL AROUND us. The noise woke me up at 5:30 am every morning. We didn't know there was construction and put right in the middle of it.

The View and convenience of stores & restaurants nearby

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

could use a bigger restaurant as Sloppy Joe's is not all that good. staff could be more knowledgeable about area activities and restaurants

under renovation, had a new room which was very nice. everyone was very plesant

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

Ricky T's was noisy across the street, as well as the current renovations taking place. A few minor updates are needed in room - the closet doors were coming off the tracks, the knobs on the stove tops were falling off, fridge wasn't level, and top cupboard doors were hard to open

Room was nicely decorated and had really comfortable beds and pillows. The kitchenette had everything we needed to make basic meals when we felt like staying in. The resort had tons of great features and things to offer - bikes, chairs, towels, home-baked cookies and fruit water in lobby, games, information for transportation, 2 pools, fitness centre, fires after nightfall, etc. The beach was incredible - clean and very large. Resort is in close distance to lots of different outing options. Staff were all so friendly and welcoming!

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

Work happening to improve the hotel but the attention to detail needs a lot more fine tuning. It isn't a cheap hotel

location, location! Room clean and comfortable but there is a lot of work going on and some of that needs fine tuning

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

The guest laundry needs improving. Only 2 washers and 2 driers. Very small for such a large resort.

Just about everything. The food in the cafe and at Sloppy Joe's is excellent. And there is a wide variety of great dinning choices within a very short distance.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

We arrived to a hotel which looked like a building site very very disappointing we were not notified of any construction work beforehand and couldn't relax at the pool because of the noise

The surrounding area had plenty of restaurants and pubs and supermarkets the beach was amazing

• Poolside Room with Kitchenette

Property is on the beach but the water is still a long walk away. There is not much nearby to walk to in terms of shopping or eating. We had to drive everywhere. The room was way smaller than we thought and the bathroom was so small we could barely get in and out of the door. The cable was not very good.

We liked the onsite restaurant which was very near to our room. Food was good and location was convenient. Room was poolside. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Housekeeping was awesome. It was nice that we could get chairs for the beach included in our stay, but would have been better if an umbrella was also included. We had to rent one for $15/day.

• Poolside Room with Kitchenette

This was our first time staying at the Bilmar. The reviews I read just days before our trip had me concerned but once we arrived we didn't encounter any of the negative things we'd read. It is true the hotel is under construction but our room was clean (other than a used shower cap and hand towel left behind the bathroom door). The staff was friendly from the moment we arrived. We encountered one lady in the parking lot who stopped what she was doing and showed us how to get to the front desk. The two ladies at the desk were very friendly. We loved that the amenities included bicycles, kayaks, paddle boards and beach chairs. The live music and karaoke was entertaining. We look forward to another stay at the Bilmar.

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

The hotel rooms were being remodeled, which I was unaware of prior to my stay. There wasn't enough parking and had to park across the street multiple times

Right on Treasure Island Beach

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

Restaurant was under construction, and other parts of the hotel was under construction. Hot tub was not working due to construction. (I specifically looked for room with hot tub.

Nice room, beautiful beach, close to the beach.

• Gulf Front Shell Studio

I can't say we were really displeased with anything. Our housekeeper, Grace, was great and very accommodating. Cudos to her and the Housekeeping staff.

We were very happy staying at the Bilmar as we have stayed there before. The construction was a little much at times but working in Facilities myself, I totally understand. There's usually no "good" time to complete this.

• Gulf Front Room with Kitchenette

Parking space was a little small for the size of the hotel

The beds were beautiful,the ocean view with balcony is a must.The staff are very helpful and friendly especially in Sloppy Joes beachside bar,if you are alone they will hold a conversation with you.I would recommend he Bilmar to any body.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

Refurbishment going on and we were not informed prior to arrival. Room was tired and dated. Bathroom too small for a family. Would love to see the newly refurbished rooms.

Great location. (Sunsets) Staff friendly and helpful. Sloppy Joe’s.

• Deluxe Gulf Front Studio

The property is being updated, so there is a certain amount of noise by one of the pools. The room we were given was very old fashioned. The bathroom was far too small and the lay out made it difficult to get in and out. It would have been impossible for anyone with any mobility problems. It is situated on a busy road so road noise (Biker's), garbage collection (every morning) plus guests arriving and departing can be heard clearly. We requested Bathrobes, but none available. Room maintenance not good, for instance: microwave grill fell off and was not repaired during our stay, drain pop-up did not work, not repaired during our stay, closet sliding doors kept on coming off tracks. I do not know what constitutes a 'resort' but we felt that $20 ++ was not justified. We didn't like paying for the full amount of our stay upfront.

Food, staff, location.

• Poolside Room with Kitchenette

The Bilmar Beach Resort is a 50 year old property located on a beautiful beach. The property was starting to undergo a total renovation while we were there, which it needed. If we go back to the area in the next 5 years, I would definitely stay there again. The renovation looks wonderful.

Excellent location. Grocery store is a couple blocks away, plenty of restaurants and shops.