Reviews of Biltmore Hotel 5 stars

1200 Anastasia Avenue, Coral Gables, Miami, FL 33134, USA

#67 of 213 hotels in Miami

It started well but it was tiring being charged for everything which other hotels do not. So we left

The fact that breakfast was not included and that the valet service was an extra.

The staff service. The excellent staff working in the hotel lobby clothes shop who were very attentive and staff in coffee shop. Lovely courtyard dining restaurant.

A well deserved splurge!
    • Superior King Room

We heard some noises from the room next door.

The Biltmore has the charm of an old world hotel, but all the comforts of a modern hotel. You can feel the history behind every tile and every decoration. The pool is huge and beautiful with a cafe next to it which is perfect to spend a relaxing afternoon in. The Biltmore was a great place to spend a romantic weekend. We will definitely return.

My expectations are high!
    • Junior Suite King

My expectations are high! My husband and I were absolutely delighted that all our expectations were met. We booked a junior suite which was perfect! Most comfortable bed ever! Spent an afternoon sitting poolside at the bar/restaurant which was a beautiful setting. The weather was awful the next day but it didnt matter. Gave us an excuse to spend the entire day in the room - in bed and ordered room service for each meal. What a treat. Sunday Brunch was spectacular! Champagne and caviar! And of course... everything else you could imagine. We will definitely return. Thanks to the Biltmore management and your staff for a wonderful stay!

Beautiful old property with parts outdated and overpriced.

Our room on 11th floor accessible only by one elevator that didn't function well No complementary coffee in room. No free coffee after 630 am Prices of food outrageous. Quality wifi poor

Staff excellent Pool excellent

An excellent resort in the heart of the city.
    • Junior Suite King

The hotel has only 3 elevators - one was not in service. When the hotel was full and busy there were long lines and long delays waiting for service. Three is not enough, two elevators is unacceptable.

Beautiful property in the center of the Miami (actually Coral Gables) area.

Would stay again on a pre/post cruise (this trip was a girls weekend with mom, daughter and sister)
    • Junior Suite Double

The rooms most certainly can benefit from a facelift. I believe my room had termites and killed a few myself. Our tub would not drain. Someone came and "fixed" it but the next day it was fully clogged again and someone had to be called again, then it worked properly (we stayed for four nights).

The Sunday brunch is excellent and the staff are very friendly. Food and service at all restaurants were very good (was at Fontana and Palm D'Ore) as well as room service.

Unbelievably disappointing, will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!
    • Superior King Room

A bigger & more luxurios room. I was told I had a suite! Ha! For over $400 per night an absolute waste of a lot of monet

The worst value for the cost. Unbelievable SMALL ROOM! Nothing special at all, other than the building from the outside & the birds in their atriums!

Nice venue but the outdated state of the rooms ruin the place
    • Superior King Room

The rooms are problematic and need a major refurb. Not only are they “tired” but the lack of convenient and comfortable furniture ( no desk, no chair, no mirror, nothing on the walls, small tv) makes it difficult to enjoy an over 400 dollars a night (+ resort fee+ breakfast +tax, so really 500!) resort.

Love the venue,the historical feel of this amazing building,the staff and of course the pool which is among the largest in the US.

Absurdly overpriced
    • Superior King Room

extremely overpriced, room was clean but not well kept (needs renovation) and not well furnished (no table in the room to use a computer, small old tv, small low quality and old bathtub, curtains on shower, bottles of water at minibar for 8 usd each.... let me put it this way: the room at Holiday Inn I stayed two months was far superior and the stay cost me 80% less. food was bland but priced as a michelin star restaurant.

service was great, the nicest people doing everything they could to please us

Overall. Excellent.
    • Superior King Room

Coffee maker in the room.

The overall ambiance is really nice. We had lunch out at the 19th hole. It was just perfect sitting outside there. One of the elevators is a little noisy--but no big deal.

We enjoyed the breakfast, the park and the pool!
    • Junior Suite Double

Unfortunatly the toilett in our room didn’t work proprtly and durong our stay the hotel isn’t fixed it and they didnt give us another room!!!!

We enjoyed the breakfast, the park and the pool! Amazing!! Restaurant staff very professional and kind!

Relaxing and refreshing.
    • Superior King Room

Faucets were idiosyncratic in the bathroom, phone wasn't working well (recently upgraded and the buttons didn't go where they were supposed to), flashing smoke alarm was irritating.

Air conditioning was sometimes a bit much but overall it was beautifully and tastefully restored and comfortable. Loved Priscillia in the spa. The little finches are an added bonus.

Clean beautiful property.
    • Golf View Suite

We booked a suite for 2 adults 2 kids on booking.com. Only enough beds for 2 adults and they tried to charge us for rollaways. Also tried to overcharge at one of the resorts restaurants.

Clean beautiful property. Grear amenities. Lovely staff

Didnt get what I paid for!
    • Junior Suite Double

Reserved a junior suite got a double room for family of four no explaination or appology! Didnt get what I paid for!

Its magical spanish mission style castle surrounded by beautiful houses golf course and local shopping malls!

Stay here for the stunning historic building and f amous pool combined with friendly helpful staff
    • Junior Suite Double

Rooms tired and low amenity for supposed standard of hotel. Bar area and indoors public areas felt cold and uninviting for an evening drink.

Beautiful building and pool make this a very special place to stay. Loved the courtyard dining area.

Glad to have tried......would make a different choice next time!

The rooms were very small! Our room was ok however my mom and daughter shared a room with 2 queen beds that was so small you could barley get around the bed. Also I know the hotel is very old but the hvac is very loud. Two nights during our stay the hotel hosted evening events that ran late into the night with loud music making it difficult to go to sleep even at 11pm.

The bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed having 2 robes!

We have stayed at this property about four times over the...
    • Superior King Room

We have stayed at this property about four times over the last five years. Every visit was excellent until this one. In a nutshell, the place is in need of deferred maintenance. Only two elevators were working, and the lobby was freezing.

It was very nice!
    • Junior Suite King

Every night there was some kind of event going on outside. With the loud music and a large number of people laughing/talking it had it difficult to fall asleep at night.

The bed was very comfortable, the hotel was beautiful and it had a lovely charm to it.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It used to be better
    • Superior King Room

The Biltmore is not as good as it used to be. Doubled prices for no obvious improvement is service and standard. Turn down service was done randomly. Customer service line constantly busy.

Not worth the price we paid for an average hotel room
    • Junior Suite Double

The pool was grubby. Our room was called a Junior Suite but it definitely wasn’t a Suite - it was tiny & on the first floor with events happening constantly outside our window. Overall we didn’t feel it was worth the cost. You’re paying for Coral Gables.

The pool & grounds are stunning. But the pool was grubby and needs a good clean. The restaurants were awesome, and good great.

My family and I came for a wedding and it was an amazing stay.

The hotel rooms are beginning to look frumpy, and need updating, but rooms were nice overall. Next time I'll know to bring my own Keurig, because there is no coffee service in the room.

All in all we had a wonderful time
    • Junior Suite King

I thought the beds could have been more comfortable, I thing the Jr suite we were in could have used a new mattress Also I think they could offer a free bottle of water in the room as a courtesy

We were there for a wedding and we had a wonderful time and all of the staff and waiters, etc were very friendly and nice. It was our first time there and we would visit again.

Total letdown and not acceptable. Americans wouldn’t stand to be treated like this outside the USA.
    • Junior Suite King

Totally dissatisfied with my stay there. They didn’t have the room type available which I booked and proceeded to offer my a comp rollaway. Sorry not a goer. Had to pay for an additional room to meet our booking requirements. Not acceptable

Nothing actually. Totally disappointed after it being a lifetime dream to stay there.

The hotel is beautiful.
    • Junior Suite King

Breakfast is expensive and due to many events, the parking may be full somedays, forcing guests to use the valet service or park elsewhere.

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable and the showers are good as well. Plenty of good views.

Nice but not worth the price.
    • Junior Suite Double

I think this hotel is over priced. Ive stayed at 5 star hotels and this just didnt feel like one for me. Its kind of creepy actually. If you're looking for a 5 star like the Ritz or Four Seasons this is definitely not it.

The pool and lobby were very nice.

Glad the hotel wasn't damaged by Irma. Very nice stay overall.
    • Superior King Room

No one came to cab to help with luggage. No greeting. When I ordered a cocktail in room dining, it arrived without ice. Flat tasting and warm. Ugh!

Staff very nice. Man who worked there was kind enough to get me a copy of current paper. Also, room features shown and asked if I had any questions/needed help. Was able to get cab to doctor's office as well as cab for airport purposes.

I could've spent my money better somewhere else
    • Superior King Room

My room was place right next to the elevator and spa. So loud!

Hotel service put an adorable heart made out of rose petals on my bed while we were gone

See above
    • Superior King Room

The wooden windows were old and warped so didn't open easily

I stayed at the hotel for sentimental reasons, because as a child I could see the hotel, then a VA hospital, when visiting my grandparents. Although expensive, it didn't disappoint.

Everything you could want in one place.

Hurrican irma came and the place was getting packed up while we were still trying to enjoy ourselves. It couldnt be helped but....

The french resturant was a total treat.

stayed during hurricane Irma.
    • Superior King Room

stayed during hurricane Irma. No light nor air cond. since Sunday morning until leaving Monday noon. Lots of leaks in the room, no room serivce, etc. disaster!

Nice hotel but needs urgent room updates
    • Junior Suite King

Our room was really dated! Old furniture, a slightly smell of mold and the balcony that was supposed to be an extra was just a dirty and dated little outside area .

Great Himalayan stone massage at the spa and great pool. Very nice cooking classes( have to be scheduled in advance)

Staff HUNTING YOU for tips
    • Superior King Room

The staff was a NUISANCE. Always around to bother you for tips. I could not unload the car by myself at arrival - I was forced to be helped and to give a tip (I was duly instructed by the staff that any help is an "extra"). I gave 5 dollars, and the guy gave me a look like: just 5..? for Heaven's sake, 5 tax-free dollars for a 5 minutes ridicoulous help.. I had another guy knocking at my door before checout, insisting to enter the room to control what I took from the refrigerator - first time ever happened in my life! The staff is hunting down your money.

The hotel is great

Increddible weekend get away!
    • Superior King Room

Petty comments follow: poolside service was slow and not efficient. Lunch was average. This place is great! The pool is fantastic!!!!!!!!

Fabulous!

Always a Pleasure.
    • Superior King Room

Would have preferred our rooms to not be so close to elevators.

Hotel has an air of opulence without being stuffy - projects a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. All staff greet guests like long awaited friends. Linen on beds is top quality. The pool, grounds and the building are beautiful and steeped in history. Service is top notch.

Beautiful hotel, largest pool in area, For business traveler a little noisy.
    • Junior Suite King

Valet a little cramped for space, waited 10 mi utes after a call. Room with view of pool above average. Noisy around 10 pm

Grounds, classic style, difficult am traffic to core business area if CG

Local staying here for the first time.
    • Junior Suite Double

The rooms are dated with an odd layout (we had a small suite). You're paying for the name (everyone in Miami knows what the Biltmore is) and to a lesser degree the location. Basically, the room is the same as any other, less expensive, hotel.

The hotel is almost as old as Miami and provides for great architecture. While I didn't have the opportunity to use the pool it looked awesome/relaxing and was plenty large to give you some space surrounded by plants. The grounds were nice to walk around and the view from the room was expansive.

Old, stylish, beautiful, majestic hotel
    • Superior King Room

Much noise from outside in room; Strong smell of chemicals in bathroom and in room as result (paint, glue or smth); Old electrical outlets - impossible to insert adapter offered by hotel; Extremely rude valet parking staff, talk with client like punks; Ghosts.:)

Old, stylish, beautiful, majestic hotel Large gym, pool area

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The hotel is absolutely beautiful!!!
    • Superior King Room

I wish the snacks and the water that were in the room were including with the price of the room. The bottled water was $8 and the snacks were expensive!

The room was beautiful and the bed was extremely comfortable!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Luxury Away From the Beach Crowds
    • Superior King Room

Rain! But it really didn't matter!

Get away from the beach crowds and enjoy everything the Biltmore has to offer. Great dining nearby in downtown Coral Gables. Easy driving to everywhere in the Miami area. The hotel can send you anywhere nearby if you just want to take a cab from the airport.

Smoke detector room alarm flashing nonstop and making noises...

Smoke detector room alarm flashing nonstop and making noises all night every 2 hrs intervals. Notified desk at 11 pm/ no one came. Expressed my experience to the Hotel manager on duty during check out. Was only given reimbursement for two drinks we had by the pool the previous day, which was completely unfair.

Disappointed in a beautiful gem hotel
    • Superior King Room

They don't allow us to stay 3 hs more (late check out), even the hotel was empty. They don't have marketing policies to invit you to return. It was very disappointed for us, as we used to come to MIA at Biltmore in every trip to Fla.,!!!!

Rooms very comfortable and bathrooms very good. Breakfast out of the world: excellent! Need renovation at the lobby, it' so empty of flowers and greens. Services very good.

Questionable billing practices
    • Superior King Room

I booked this room on booking.com. Pricing was originally in the 200$ range. After taxes booking showed 348$. Ok no problem. When I got my bill from the Biltmore the bill was Almost $800 add room service for less then 100$ it still doesn't add up. Not happy

Disappointed
    • Junior Suite King

The hotel needs to be completely renovated. It's old and feels dirty. The staff is not a five star staff. They might as well be from a best western. The food was not very good either.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

A slice of European luxury in tge middle of Miami
    • Superior King Room

The elevators sre small and very old..

Gorgeous Hotel with alot of luxury and amenities. Beautiful courtyard. Has a very European feel. The griunds are ansolutely breathtaking. There are alit of walking paths through quiet, scenic neighborhoods. The area is quiet but close to all the main highways.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Luxury hotel but expensive
    • Superior King Room

Closest restaurant outside hotel more than one mile away. In hotel catering very expensive.

Bed very comfy. Windows opened. Swimming pool just wonderful.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Be sure to visit Fontana Restaurant
    • Junior Suite King

Espresso should be included in breakfast!

At the main restaurant find Eduardo to serve you! He's from Chile, speaks like native American, looks like Italian and is fast and precise like German...with Mediteranian smile... A 'hard to find' combination ...

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Staff was exceptional.
    • Junior Suite King

Pool lounges were uncomfortable. Pool staff were very nice, plenty of towels, prompt attention, but the lounges were not easy to sit on for any length of time. It would have been nice to have some chairs as an option.

Staff was exceptional. Everyone seemed very well trained, very friendly and accommodating.

Be careful of your room if it's a Saturday night.
    • Junior Suite King

Be careful of your room if it's a Saturday night. We could hear the very loud base sound from the band playing at a wedding reception in the hotel. It didn't stop until midnight. Also, the price was expensive for the room quality.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Not worth the money
    • Superior King Room

Noisy; old; expensive; expected better room for the price; paying a lot for historical value isn't important to us.

Well maintained building considering it's age. Convenient place to stay as we attended performance at the Gable Stage Theatre.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Needs an update
    • Golf View Suite

The cleanliness of room left something to be desired,although bathroom good , the floors needed a good vacuum . The sitting room sideboard had some kind of infestation with insect eggs laid under the glass top , in the beading and whatever had been there , had eaten the inside of one of the decorative roses on the front of the piece of furniture. Not vey attractive and very noticeable so surprised the housekeeping staff had missed it . Also this is probably the only hotel we have visited in it's price range that did not supply complementary water at bedtime, nor did it have a coffee or tea maker.

Loved the location and staff extremely helpful and pleasant , the bed was a The most comfortable in almost any hotel I've been in , perfect for us. Wonderful golf course. , however unable to get on it due to major competition about which we were unaware.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Great stay in this historic hotel.
    • Junior Suite Double

Lack of service at the pool and a leaky door in the shower which made the entire bathroom floor soaking.

Very comfy bed, liked the extra touch of ice at turn down, excellent concierge and loved having a driver at our disposal.

The pool is AMAZING!

The service at the pool not so much. Also, it's an old, historic property, which is great in some ways, but not in others (shower fixtures are hard to work, the elevators are creaky, etc.).

The pool is AMAZING!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Beautiful place to stay with history
    • Junior Suite King

Internet didn't work properly in the room. Quality of food is far below declared standards.

Very nice location. Beautiful architecture, interior design elements of the common areas. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Lovely stay at The Biltmore Hotel
    • Superior King Room

Staff was friendly room was promptly cleaned each day with a nice turndown service in the evenings. Lovely historic property, loved the fitness center.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

A grand historical gem in the midst of the Miami sunshine.
    • Superior King Room

Amazing location and ambiance! If you're looking for an awesome stay in the Miami area that's not on the crowded beach, look no further. The staff, facilities, pool, and restaurants were all amazing. It was a great respite to have at the end of our cruise week, and short distance from the airport for our flight back in the morning. We wish we had some more time to spend there, but will definitely be back again.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

The turn down service.
    • Superior King Room

My tub backed up. The drain and shower head was disgusting. Old and grimy. Needs an update. They left crumbs on my floor from the day before. Didn't clean up!

The turn down service.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Definitely recommended
    • Superior King Room

Beware of bar prices, other than beer, the cheapest bottle of wine is $45 and spirits $12/ $15 a pop and don't forget to add tax and service @20% on everything which is normal in US. Makes for an expensive night!!!!!

A beautifully restored period hotel in fantastic surroundings. Hotel supply courtesy transport to within 2 miles of hotel which is enough to get to downtown Coral Gables and the upmarket restaurants and bars. Also free public parking on site (or valet option of $35 per night)

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Wedding Event
    • Junior Suite Double

The room it had plenty of space, sun light and comfort. The service of all the personal was prompt, kind and helpful. We assist to wedding event during the weekend. Food , drinks and service was incredible. The venue was excellent decorated and everything was beautiful for the new couple. Thank you to the Biltmore Hotel staff for a great weekend

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

What a wonderful surprise
    • Superior King Room

I had to change rooms because my original room had an overpowering smell of air freshener or carpet cleaner. 2nd room was great.

The rooms are by no means luxe - it's very old world but in a charming glam way but somehow I still loved my room and wished I had more time in it. I was there just one night for business. Adorable terrace. Super duper comfy beds. Food was beyond delicious. The property itself if very grand "old hollywood". The pool was too die for gorgeous but I didn't get to try it out. It's an older property but has lots of character. It's a very special place

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Go somewhere else

Went to the business center to print our airline boarding passes and to my surprise I had to pay $6.75 to use the computer -Totally ridiculous. We stay in 5star hotels all the time and this is the first time I ever encountered this. When I went to the front desk to tell them ,one of the guys said well I've never had anyone complain ever. Quite rude trying to incinerate that I was cheap. Never will I stay at this overpriced hotel. Food average. Rooms small. Front desk/rude

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Excellent hotel.

Staff was very friendly. The gym was excellent, as was the pool. There were a variety of good restaurants. It was very close to the University of Miami, where my daughter was beginning college.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Great piece of history and a very relaxing experience.
    • Junior Suite Double

The mini bar is so stuffed, you cannot store, personal items. The mattress has seen better days.

The hotel is a place in history, and a wonderful experience. Great value for the money, and service with a smile is always appreciated. Very responsive staff!! Absolutely fantastic pool, enormous and very relaxing. Smashing breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

I do not recommend the Biltmore in Miami. Terrible stay!
    • Superior King Room

Room, not enough staff poor service, staff knocking at the door early am. Small room, no bathtub. Drinks were watered down even when sent back for a new one. Not enough umbrellas around the pool with several people asking for one.

The pool

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Desiree in the bar and the shop ladies were very helpful,...
    • Junior Suite King

pool service for drinks was not as good as it should be and the trolleys used to move towels etc. around the courtyard should have pneumatic tyres to reduce noise.

Desiree in the bar and the shop ladies were very helpful, pool is fantastic, restaurant, service and parking were very good

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Disappointing Biltmore accomodations
    • Superior King Room

There should have been more attention paid to the renovation of the rooms. The air smelled stale and moldy as if the filter hadn't been changed in years, the toilet didn't flush properly and kept running, the pillows smelled of other people, and the tub is clogged so when showering it back fills to the top with water.

The historic theme

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

JoNY in reservations was excellent because of her I made the...
    • Superior King Room

JoNY in reservations was excellent because of her I made the decision to stay there when I got there things weren't as what I expected but she made arrangements and had my room changed without any issues because the front desk was giving me a hard time I called my lady at reservations(jony) she was excellent

Location, staff, cleanliness.

Price.

Location, staff, cleanliness. The pool ever!

The Biltmore is an iconic hotel.

All my experiences were positive.

The hotel is lovely and luxurious. Turn down service is a lost art in the hotel world.

Breakfast too expensive

Beautiful
    • Superior King Room

Staff front desk poor relations

Beautiful

Swimmers dream in an historic building. People must improve their standard basis

Insolent staff

Pool

Loved the park like setting for running
    • Junior Suite King

The safe had some buttons wore away so you did not know what to push. Needs replaced

The history was interesting

Love it!

Love it!

It was OK but below expectation. Even the water bottle was not complimentary in the room.
    • Superior King Room

Rooms are clean but not worrh the money. Buffet is low in variety.

Location and surroundings are great.

The price.
    • Superior King Room

The price. Too expensive.

Browse Biltmore Hotel traveller photo gallery