Reviews of Hotel Blake, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 4 stars

500 South Dearborn Street, Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL 60605, USA

#67 of 154 hotels in Chicago

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Great hotel for exploring Chicago!

I didn’t want to leave!

Staff was so nice. I loved my room and the location of the hotel. I was there to run the marathon and everyone in the hotel was so supportive of the runners. Also, Meli’s has good food and stayed open a little late my first night so I could order dinner. Loved my whole stay!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Excellent position and staff, the bed was very comfortable,...
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom is slightly small, the shower should be improved (especially temperature regulation and by installing a mobile dispenser), the position of the desk in my room was quite uncomfortable (too near to the bed, no free socket near it)

Excellent position and staff, the bed was very comfortable, breakfast was superlative

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Amazing
    • Standard King Room

I love that I came to new towles and made Bed with clean sheets every night. The staff was so nice and I always felt welcomed leaving and returning. The hotel was in such a nice area and close to all the great restaurants and musesum.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Top location for a top hotel
    • Standard King Room

Beautiful hotel in the middle of the Chicago's Financial District. The staff has been very polite, friendly and professional. They gave me a big 10th floor room with an amazing view of Chicago, I really appreciated it. The cleaning service has been very efficient too.

GREAT location, close to subway lines and points of interest;
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing! All was fabulous! Thank you, Hotel Blake, for making our visit to Chicago a real treat.

GREAT location, close to subway lines and points of interest; affordable price, immaculate room and common areas, attentive, friendly staff, and an amazing in-building restaurant with outdoor (on sidewalk) seating. The breakfast is to die for, and unfortunately that was the only meal (twice) that we had there during our three day stay.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Charming and comfortable hotel
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

The shower was odd: a straight spray down from the top, with no adjustment possible, and no way to regulate the temperature without actually standing under the water (ouch!).

Comfortable and attractive room and hotel. Appreciated the presence of a refrigerator (not always offered in nicer hotels, sadly). Very nice breakfast (not included) available in the hotel restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Perfect stay!

n/a

Staff was very friendly, helpful, and flexible, probably the nicest staff I've ever experienced at a hotel! We selected the hotel because we bought 4 day tickets to Lollapalooza and Grant Park is walking distance. We are in our 50's and needed a quiet and comfortable place to rest each night that wasn't too pricey, and this hotel met all of our requirements. After 6 nights there, I can tell you the service was 5-star. We will return to Hotel Blake in the future.

The hotel was close to a lot of great restaurants.
    • Standard Queen Room

The satellite cut in and out a lot.

The hotel was close to a lot of great restaurants. The staff was nice and accommodating. Upon our arrival, they gave my daughters a choice of tiny stuffed animals to make them feel welcomed.

Great location and very comfortable
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Our view wasn’t the best but I think it depends on which side of the building your on

Good sized room Comfy bed Great location near many sites and walking distance to most.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Worked but unlikely to return
    • Standard Queen Room

1. Understand historic hotel yet room smelled like stale smoke (didn’t ask to move b/c arrived later than planned & had work calls/commitments); 2. WiFi code incorrect & took some time which was frustrating for business commitments initially but worked out after 20+min; 3. small travel pillow disappeared from vehicle after valeted :(

Location great for our needs; front desk staff helpful & friendly

Lovely warm staff great location in an amazing city.
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

I felt a little disappointed by our room . It had an unpleasant musty smell the headboard was worn away and the decor a little worn in general. We paid a lot of money and being our first hotel of toad trip was a shame .

When we reached the hotel we were so impressed. Room was large bed was so comfortable. The staff always spoke which is lovely. Location was perfect.

Clean hotel with nice staff.
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

A bit more care for the environment would be nice, e.g. providing recycling bins, the option to re-use towels etc.

Clean hotel with nice staff. Bed was super comfy and the neighbourhood was great.

Beautiful hotel great location
    • Standard Queen Room

The beds were a little to hard for my liking. It wasn't very sound proof. You could hear a lot of doors slamming and traffic outside.

The staff was very friendly and super helpful. You are always greeted with a warm smile and a "how was your day" or "can I help with anything". The rooms were very big and comfortable.

My husband, teenage daughters, and I were very pleased with our experience at this hotel.
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

We had a fridge in one room but not the other, so would have been nice to have one for each.

Staff very helpful, accommodations clean and spacious, excellent location, great price/value, good food at the restaurant, would definitely stay there again.

Staff very good.
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very large, bathroom was good and clean. The only problem it was a little dark, it was facing huge wall.

Staff very good. I arrived early and was offered a room.

The staf was helpful.
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

I read on booking.com, the room has heating. This is only partially true. The room heated only in winter. When I arrived, the out side temperature was 7 C in middle of may. I tried switch on the heating. The air condition system can heating or cooling. Together not working. The staff gave me an electronic heater. (Corridor was warmer than my room.)

The staf was helpful.

Nice not spectacular
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast option apart from the diner attached to the hotel. The wellness center was just a room with one fitness device.

Spacious room and a nice shower. Staff was very friendly

Great experience
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

It’s very minor but it’s the road works that’s on going in front of the hotel which is not within their remit

Great location, value for money, friendly staff

Hotel Blake
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Room lighting could be slightly ramped up and the hotel WiFi speeds could be improved upon

Amazingly helpful and cool staff. Quality of sleep was good and it was just less than a 10 min drive to the McCormick's placr

We would happily return to Hotel Blake!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Free weights in the fitness centre below 25 lbs would have been appreciated.

The hotel is nicely decorated and is super clean, including the fitness centre. The staff were superb: i) I was allergic to the pillows and the staff were quick to have them replaced with hypoallergenic pillows; and ii) they gave us great advice on where to eat, where to have a haircut and which art galleries not to miss. The fantastic restaurant linked to the hotel serves an incredible breakfast and the bar was terrific for a night cap before bed. The location was perfect with lots of major sites within walking distance. All in all, we highly recommend!

The bed was extremely comfortable, and providing earplugs is...
    • Standard King Room

Only gave an average rating for WiFi as it wasn't working one morning I was there. Had it not been my last day that could have been quite inconvenient.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and providing earplugs is a nice touch even though I didn’t need them. Customer service was exceptional. Friendly greeting from everyone you see, extremely fast at bringing anything you need up to the room when you call, and a courtesy call to let me know a food order had arrived and was it ok to send them up was a very nice touch. Very good value for city center on a busy convention week.

Location and friendly staff
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Uncomfortable bed and temperature of room. Air was not turned on and you could not control temp from room thermostat. Had to open window to get cool air flowing.

Location and friendly staff

Beautiful hotel in a great location
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Headboards were in very poor condition, we had holes in our sheets the first night (they were changed after I talked with Jamar downstairs in reception)

Location, staff, comfortable bed, double vanity in bathroom

Excellent location, great room and would definitely stay there again
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Larger towels and more selection of bath products and coffee/tea products would have been appreciated

Large comfortable room. Great location and great cafe. Friendly staff.

This is a great hotel and very reasonable in price.
    • Standard King Room

There are two cons: It's located in Printer's Row, south loop, so not much around there if you don't have a reason to be in that location. Second: Coffee machine in the room is pretty bad.

This is a great hotel and very reasonable in price. The staff is very accommodating. Love it there! This is my second stay.

Worth the extra money to say in a peaceful place
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

The curtains don't close all the way, so a lot of light still comes in front the streetlamp at night. The inner curtains need replacing.

The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. There is a nice chair for sitting and reading. It is not as noisy as other hotels despite the location downtown and near the L. It is possible to turn the heater off at night and still be warm enough, so you don't have to put up with the sound of the fan and the dryness all night. You cannot hear any noise from neighbors.

The room is very spacious.
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

I left feeling like I overpaid for what I got, leaving unimpressed. There was nothing uniquely special about this place. It’s just a nice hotel, but way over priced. They say it’s luxury, I mean I suppose? I called to ask for a bottle of wine for my room upon arrival, I was told they were running low, so No. Not sure what that meant exactly but when you pay $250 a night, go find a bottle of wine. I don’t know many “luxury” places that would just say no and leave it at that. In summary, nothing bad about this hotel, but I would never call it luxury and it’s def not worth a rent payment for a weekend.

The room is very spacious. Staff was friendly.

The staff was not only extremely helpful in recommending the...
    • Standard King Room

The staff was not only extremely helpful in recommending the best places to be within walking distance of the hotel, they were also vibrant and positive which lit up the lobby. Though it was my first time staying there, it had an automatic feel of familiarity. The room was very pleasant, and tidy and, despite the hotel's location, with almost no nuisance of the traffic. Would absolutely stay here again!

Well located urban hotel.
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

My first room, 415, looked at a brick wall with a big grate in it. That's ok, I was not planning to be in the room a lot, but at 7am my first morning an exhaust fan in whatever that building was kicked in, with the noise coming out of the grate. It was loud. Staff were great and switched my room for the second night no questions asked (I did show them a picture).

Great location and staff friendly

From the moment I arrived I was greeted professionally,...
    • King Room - Disability Access

From the moment I arrived I was greeted professionally, friendly and anything I needed the staff was there to accommodate. Tim Howard at the front desk was exceptional as he helped me surprise my daughter for her 21st birthday . What a beautiful, comfortable hotel that is historical cozy and within walking distance of so many great restaurants ,the lake and more. Top notch experience and great value for the money .

Location was awesom and staff was great. Facilities need updating.
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled funny. I noticed In the closet that the ceiling appeared to have water damage and was coming apart. I wasn't able to tell until morning how used the furniture and refrigerator was. Items need updating and replacement.

Staff was great - accommodating and helpful

• Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Great location. Friendly, helpful staff. Close to restaurants, public transit and entertainment. Great on-site restaurant. Nicely appointed room, too!

Breakfast at restaurant was excellent & reasonably...
    • Standard Queen Room

Needed more electrical outlets conveniently placed in room for charging phones. Wish TV stations included AMC (missed our favorite Christmas shows!).

Breakfast at restaurant was excellent & reasonably priced. Early check-in & late check-out made our trip that much more enjoyable. Room was clean & comfortable. Will definitely be returning!

Love the Printer's Row area and would definitely stay at the Hotel Blake again.

Hallways a bit dated.

Corner suite very nice and open. Bathroom big, bathtub deep for soaking in. Bed very comfortable. Location very good: easy access to subways and buses.

hotel location is perfect , accessibility to all public...
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

noise related to police cars and ambulances during night time ,

hotel location is perfect , accessibility to all public transport , hotel is clean , fantastic , well maintained old building , clean well prepared room , room size , hotel staff are amazing would love if the hotel have a buffet breakfast as all other hotels , my overall experience is great

We'll be back!
    • Standard Queen Room

Parking is unnecessarily expensive - $55/night - but you can come & go without any additional charge.

Staff in the lobby were friendly and very helpful - helped us find comedy tickets. Valet (Showstopper) was friendly and super helpful also. We could walk everywhere we wanted to go, nice location, we slept soundly on comfy beds with no noise, nice breakfast cafe right next door. Easy to get on/off the highway from this location. Loved our stay!

Good hotel
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

The only problem is the noise from the street. Now we know that the Chicago firemen do not slumber day and night. The presence of ear plugs in the room was very convenient.

The location of the hotel is quite convenient, just a short walk from the waterfront, Buckingham Fountain, Grant and Milance parks and the city center. The metro stations of the blue and red lines are nearby. Our room was very large, bright and clean, with a beautiful view from the window to the Willys Tower. Conveniently, the bathroom has two sinks. Air conditioning worked well. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Excellent Meli Cafe is on the ground floor. Good free Wi-Fi. Free access to a computer with a printer in the lobby.

Good Location
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Price is quite expensive due to Marathon event.

Location is at the downtown and closed to Start / Finish Line of Chicago Marathon, and also it has Fitness Center. Staffs are very friendly.

Great staff, fantastic location
    • Standard King Room

I missed having a kettle in the room but the room service could deliver tea.

Fantastic staff, very helpful and friendly who went out of their way to assist with any issues. The location was great (I could just about see the lake from my window) and the hotel restaurant/room service had a wide offer of great food (and if I wanted more there were many restaurant and cafes within 5-10 mins walk).

Great location. Walking distance to everywhere. Love it!
    • Standard King Room

Stayed for 5 nights. Had to request for toiletries everyday. Staff should have filled/refilled them up by default - no? No breakfast!

Spacious. Beds are comfy. Location is great.

Location was awesome, great walk-ability to sites and food.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Location was awesome, great walk-ability to sites and food. The room was beautiful with high ceilings which made it seem bigger. The bed was so comfortable! Staff was very friendly, greeted us every time we came back. Live music is the lobby was nice!

I would come and stay anytime!
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress does need replacing...

The employees were smiling and most helpful. They guided us through navigating the city with suggestions and maps. The room was clean and comfortable. Shower was fantastic! The Blake is most convenient to the southern part of the city (Museum of Science and Industry, the U of Chicago’s Oriental Institute), and an easy bus ride to everythng else. The Meli Restaurant was both convenient and excellent.

Great hotel.
    • King Room - Disability Access

I wouldn't have breakfast at the Meli cafe (associated with Hotel). I was in a rush to get to work, but it only opens at 7 am and staff were uninterested in seating us and service was slow. Plenty of other good breakfast places around - like Beef & Brandy down the road.

Lovely hotel in a very central location. The rooms were huge and very comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.

Nice hotel
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

There no breakfast included No toothpaste snd brush No slipper ( High value( expensive

Comfortable beds ,nice location , you can go anywhere on foot . Excellant food can you order to your room.

Wonderful contemporary hotel in an historic building 1 1/2 blocks from the metro
    • Standard King Room

I would request a room away from the elevators next time. On the flip side, the hotel provided the BEST earplugs I've ever used. Slept like a baby.

The staff was one of the most courteous I've ever encountered. (The night bellhop was always interested in hearing about your day). The flavored water in the lobby, lemon or cucumber, was so refreshing, especially after walking a long day in warm Chicago. Bed and linens were extremely comfortable, not too hot or too cold. I could spread out my makeup and toiletries on the bathroom counter which is rare in most hotels, even the luxury hotels.

The hotel room was exceptional.
    • Standard King Room

Noisy vent when the AC was running.

The hotel room was exceptional. The HVAC unit was loud however and the hotel was aware of it because 2 sets of ear plugs were on the nightstand. The hair dryer didn't work and I called for a new one and one of the staff was at my door with a replacement within 10 minutes! The staff was exceptional, when I checked in they gave me all sorts of ideas for dining and direction to my meeting place. I will definitely be staying at the Blake again even with the noisy vent problem I encountered!

Ok for our needs that weekend
    • Standard Queen Room

Toilet would be very loud when flushing - could hear very loud and disrupting guests through walls - beds not very comfortable

Room & bathroom large - clean / staff very friendly and helpful except overnight staff

Clean, friendly staffed hotel
    • Standard King Room

It is about a 20 min walk (10 min subway ride) to the loop, so keep in mind that other than Willis Tower and Millennium park, you need to factor in taking public transportation to the trip. However the hotel is close to the blue and red line and the 29th/ slate bus that goes to Navy pier in 15 minutes.

The room was clean and staff was friendly. We arrived early around 11 am and it was very convenient that the room was already ready when we arrived.

Chicago is a beautiful city to visit. We'll be back again!
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Not much we didn't like. Parking is pricey but we knew that before arriving. It was very convenient to have valet service.

Consierge provided excellent recommendations! Location is great with many sites and great restaurants in reasonable walking distance. Meli Cafe connected to hotel is a bit pricey but breakfast was amazing.

Cheerful, forthcoming staff right from the doormen (a...
    • King Room - Disability Access

Nothing in particular. I feel like I got good value for what I paid.

Cheerful, forthcoming staff right from the doormen (a special shout out to "showtime") to the reception. Our room was very spacious and had a decent street facing view. It was clean and well maintained.

A+++++
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing that was under the hotels control. The only bad part was the honking and sirens that you hear all night but that comes with staying in the city. Hotel provided earplugs though!

The staff was beyond amazing and polite. Room was excellent for the price and location. Beds, pillows, and blankets were very comfortable. Best hotel I've probably ever stayed at. Definitely will be coming back and recommending to friends and family.

Room was spacious and staff was great.
    • Standard King Room

Definitely downtown and close to CTS but had to go through a rougher area to get there. No problems during the day but I would not go out at night.

Room was spacious and staff was great.

Blissful Blake
    • Standard Queen Room

There was a problem locating my reservation on the system but it was resolved quickly.

Great staff at front desk, and very comfortable bed. Clean room with nice extras.

An Excellent Hotel for a Weekend in Chicago
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

If one looked closely, a few aspects of the room were showing a bit of wear. It was obvious that the room had been re-done at some point, but things like a bit of stain mark in the shower and some paint that needed to be touched up indicated that it had been at least some period of time since the rooms had been refurbished. Also the beds were OK, but not up to what a top flight hotel would/should have - as in a bit worn and a bit soft.

The central location made it easy to reach many of the highlights of downtown Chicago. The lake is an easy walk as are numerous restaurants and bars. The staff members of the hotel were very pleasant and helpful. Unlike many city hotels, the elevators were quick to access - no 10 minute waits! It also was very quiet both in the lobby area and in the room itself where there was virtually no traffic noise. The AC was easy to operate, and it was simple to keep the room at the temperature you wanted. Also for a "city hotel," the rooms were very large, and there was a lot of light from good sized windows that gave a good view of the city. Overall .... a very good hotel!

Great Location
    • King Room - Disability Access

The shower head in our room was not fixed, it was at the end of a hose. So you always had to hold it with one hand and washed with the other.

The hotel was in a perfect location to do anything downtown. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I hope you get to meet "Showtime"
    • Standard King Room

The room temperature was always too cold throughout the stay one day before we left for the day at 10 am we turned the thermostat up to 82 degrees and when we returned at 7 pm the room was still freezing. We could never get the curtains to completely close so was woken up by the sun daily, and the only other thing I can think of was it would have been nice to have a mini fridge in the room, that would have been helpful for guest staying long periods of time.

The staff were very helpful with directions to events and the quickest and easiest ways to get there, hats off to the concierge, Greg "Showtime" the man is the best. He's friendly and kind and always greets you with a smile and an up beat attitude. It was great to come back to the hotel and see him!

Very good quality hotel in southern loop
    • Standard King Room

Limited public areas to relax in. For second time, I ended up adjacent to elevator. A bit noisy.

Friendly staff - from arrival to departure, everyone was helpful, appeared genuinely happy to be there. Blue line station a stones throw on the door so easy to get there from O'Hare. Good size room and large shower room.

Staff, restaurant and location
    • Standard King Room

A guest was smoking on our floor and had to call/inform front office 4x. Should be made very clear at check in that stiff penalties for smoking in a non smoking hotel..fines, escorted out. It made for a really uncomfortable sleep as non smokers and Alergic affects. This may be they only reason we do not return.

Staff, restaurant and location

Classic stylish boutique hotel in excellent location
    • King Room - Disability Access

The room was a little cold and the air conditioning/ heating had no effect. I just turned it off and the room warmed to about ambient. I did not report it as I was only there a few hours and it was manageable once I switched the AC off

Staff were really friendly, the style of the hotel was classic with wood panelling. Location excellent and very close to the "BlueLine" direct train access to/ from ORD

Business stay at The Blake, Chicago
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

Being someone who needs to be at the office as early as possible then I would prefer to have the breakfast restaurant open from 6.30 am.

Hotel is very convenient for the financial district. Staff are knowledgeable and courteous. The restaurant is very good with quality food and a very good breakfast.

First time Chicago visit was too short but memorable in more ways than one.
    • Standard King Room

The map of downtown Chicago given by the hotel was so inadequate! Not really helpful. The city should put up tourist signs on the streets to help visitors find their way around to the attractions, buildings. The only signage appears to be around the Lakeside Trail. We had to ask people where the Willis Tower was.

The staff were really helpful and welcoming when we arrived and in my emergency of carelessly losing my handbag in a taxi at the end of my stay, they could not have been more concerned and helpful. The honesty of a yellow cab driver saved my holiday because he handed the bag in to Amtrak police, on discovering it. The generosity and concern of the cab driver in the lime green car, who took me back to the hotel and then on to the station again, refused to take money for the return trip. Both had been migrants to the US. The room was very spacious and looked out on to Printers Row and the Library building. The Pot Belly Sandwich cafe was next door and did excellent oatmeal for breakfast. The sandwiches looked amazing too. The hotel is in an excellent position for the Buckingham Fountain, Grant and Milennium parks, Lakeside Trail, Willis (Sears) Tower etc. This seemed a very safe part of town. The Skydeck Ledge in Willis Tower is scary but brilliant. Very informative exhibition and video too, worth the $23.00. The people of Chicago were amazing!

Nice hotel - great location.
    • Standard King Room

Air con in the room was really loud and quite ineffective. Coffee was not great.

Free upgrade. Super friendly and helpful staff. Restaurant attached to hotel was great for brunch.

Great hotel, but a little noisy.
    • Standard King Room

The room was noisy. We could hear the bell and the door of the elevator slamming everyday. We could also hear all the doors of other rooms slamming on our floor. You will also hear the sounds of the street noise because the windows are not insulated or dual pane.

The staff was very helpful, especially "Showtime", who is a bellhop at the location. He was always friendly and will give you advise about how to get where you are looking to go and what is happening in the town.

Great centre to stay if you are exploring downtown Chicago.
    • Standard King Room

Noise from the street but that happens eveywhere in Chicago.

Very friendly and helpfull staff. The Meli restaurant attached to the hotel was excellent for breakfast . The rooms were well appointed and spacious with a good bed.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

There are cheaper options but this hotel was well worth the money.
    • Standard King Room

Nice helpful front desk. Quiet hotel (very important for me) Good hotel if staying alone Near the metro station (3min) Near everything. High ceilings were cool. Very nice bathroom-clean and modern Free coffee and tea station

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Shabby rooms
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was shabby. Doors were all worn and paint chipped; front door was several inches from floor, so noise from the hallway was loud. Curtain ripped on one side and hard to open. The beaten up mini-fridge was an after thought and stuck near the bed against the wall. Weird. Didn't look like a $350+ per night hotel. I expected much nicer. Invest in some updates, Hotel Blake.

Location was good and bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Another Happy Return to the Blake
    • Standard King Room

not much I dislike about the hotel! Although there is a restaurant with bar seating, a more relaxed bar/lounge would be good although space constraints mitigate against that. But that is a minor gripe when you have Chicago on your doorstep!

Reception staff most helpful. Hotel is easy to reach from OHare by the Blue Line train. Close enough to walk to all locations and attractions in the Loop and farther afield. Generous sized bathroom.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

part business and part leisure stay and was very enjoyable at an excellent hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

We stayed 10days and only one lift was working for much of the time, but it was OK. Room had a shower but no bath, but it is a large walk in shower.

Very nice served breakfasts in the restaurant. Very helpful and cheerful staff especially the "bell boy" gentlemen and the ladies serving in the restaurant. Large comfortable rooms. Complimentary coffee and tea self service in the hall corridor and access to a computer with printer for boarding passes, vouchers etc. Good internet.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Happy in Chicago
    • Standard King Room

Nothing, happy with every aspect of our stay.

Rooms were quite large and well equipped, bed very comfortable. Staff were all very friendly and helpful with a special mention to Michael and Showtime on the door.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Classic Hotel, great location.
    • Standard King Room

The hotel is a " Classic " 30 years old excellent hotel were the staff wants to make sure you are happy, specially "Showtime" who is always happy to see you and ready to help. The rooms are very comfortable and the bathroom very spacious. Definitely the place to stay when in Chicago.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

This was my first time traveling on my own, and the staff at...
    • Standard King Room

This was my first time traveling on my own, and the staff at Hotel Blake were very helpful. The location was great and decently priced! Room service was tasty too. Overall a great experience.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Great Location and a very comfortable room!
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

The Hotel Blake was an awesome property. Convenient to downtown and the lakefront. A block from the CTA Red, Blue and Orange lines. My room was large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The large bed, the bathroom, nice staff, good location near...
    • Standard King Room

Paper thin walls meant I was awakened both nights by trash collectors and noisy guests in the hallway. The room was extremely dark, even with all the lights on which was painstaking to do.

The large bed, the bathroom, nice staff, good location near subways, the bean, museums...

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Fantastic stay in Chicago
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

A bit more lighting in the room.

Everything! Lovely hotel, got a great rate, staff were fantastic, great location close to transport/food/amenities, Cafe Meli is awesome. The beds were so comfortable, the room was huge and really nicely appointed. Would absolutely recommend.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

security staff were loud and unprofessional.
    • Premium King Room - Non-Smoking

No internet in room for the entire stay!