Reviews of Bluelake Inn @ Heavenly Village 2 stars

944 Friday Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA

#17 of 56 hotels in South Lake Tahoe

Very dated, not clean and maid service was so loud we couldn’t sleep in even though we asked for late check out due to this being our first get away in 15yrs

Close to everything

Liked everything.

I loved this place so much I extended my stay twice and decided to come back again with my husband in the summer for a holiday. Everyone here went out of their way to make this a great stay. Bed was comfortable and the room was perfect for getting my work done. Internet was great on my laptop (although it kept disconnecting on my phone). Close to great amenities, could walk to Starbucks every day and get coffee. Safeway up the road. Room had a FREEZER which of course meant ICE CREAM!! Really happy, didn't want to leave.

Liked everything.

Location was perfect. Walking distance to nearby restaurants, shops, beach and hikes. We were also able to check in a hour early which was super helpful and appreciated! Lastly, we were thankful for the complimentary beach pass!

Bathroom needed replacing really. Old floor and peeling bath tub.

Friendly staff. Nice, clean, comfortable room. Great location. Pass to get onto private beach.

The continental breakfast was awful All they have is coffee juice cereal and a bagel And apples

The location of the hotel is perfect near restaurants shops and casinos within walking distance .

The heater and the refrigerator were a little noisy but very convenient to have them along with the microwave.

We had a 2nd floor, back side of the hotel room. It was clean, efficient and quiet, because of the location. The hotel’s location is very convenient. Easy to walk to lake,shopping, food and night life. The staff was very nice and friendly. We enjoyed our stay.

• Double Queen Room

A lady was mean with us when we wanted to do the check out.. English is my second language and she was mad because I spelled wrong a letter of my last name.. I said sorry but she was acting really rude

The beds were amazing and super comfy, everyday when we used to go back to our room was all clean and our stuff was there

The heating system was horrible. It was blowing cold air all night. It was turning on and off every 10-15 minutes, so did the refrigerator. Between those two noises we couldn't sleep at all. Other than that everything was Ok.

• Double Queen Room

Owners may like to improve the breakfast. Just a suggestion. Couldn’t complain for the money we paid for the stay.

Great place to stay. Very comfortable, clean and conveniently located. Absolutely will come back and recommend to friends and family.

Felt a little dated in places. Extremely poor breakfast offerings - I personally wouldn't bother doing a breakfast if that's all that's on offer.

Breakfest - they advertise continental breakfest, so we expected eggs, ham, cheese, something sweet, yoghurt. But there was only bagels and cereals. You will not leave Bluelake inn hungry, but advertising continental breakfest is lying!

Nice and clean room near lake Tahoe close to the center of town (South lake Tahoe).

It was close to the casinos but also close to the lake. The front desk was very helpful with all the questions we had about activities we had planned. Also room was much bigger than other king size bed hotel rooms we have ever stayed at. Also had a good size refrigerator which was very helpful

The heater was on full blast when we first entered the room and it was like an over in there. The room never quite cooled down after we turned it off.

Breakfast is blow average. If you need a decent breakfast, choose other hotels or go out.

Perfect location. Only a couple of minutes walk to the Heavenly Gondola.

The bed was okay and the carpet was a bit outdated and had a few questionable stains.

The location is ideal. Super close to restaurants, shops and Stateline. I really like the full length mirror, you don't see that everywhere.

‘Continental breakfast’ was disappointing.

Inn is a very short walk to gondola and center of town. Great location. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Offered suggestions on local restaurants, places to visit.

The place is quite shabby, just a very basic motel room. Not very clean as well, there were hairs in my bathtub, for example. Breakfast was horrible - it consisted of coffee, tea, bagels with one type of cheese, apples and instant oatmeal. Didn't even have cereal, let alone eggs... just go eat somewhere else, not worth it.

Basically the main thing about his motel is the location - it's around 100 meters walk to the Gondola, and the shops at heavenly village. Staff was nice, parking was decent and free.

The only thing that I would like to be improved is breakfast. It could have more options, some eggs or meat/cheese for sandwiches.

Unexpectedly very good place. The room was spacious, well equipped. The coffee machine in the room was a good surprise. They warned that Wifi is not very good, but I never had problems with it. There are plenty of parking spaces with convenient access to the room. The bed was huge, bathroom was spacious and had a bath as well. They also have an outdoor jacuzzi that I regret not trying out. Staff at reception was pleasant and everything went very smooth.

Steps from the Heavenly gondola at a fantastic value. This will be my go-to when I plan to ski at Heavenly. The comfy bed and free breakfast were nice, too!

The office was already closed when I was trying to get some flyers and coupons from the front desk at 10:30pm on 3/25. I called the number posted by the door, and a staff answered the call and came out from the back to open the door for me. But he looked unhappy and didn't say a word even when I said thank you 2 times going in and out of the office. I left my iPhone charging cable and plug plugged in the socket inside the hotel room close to the front door, but didn't realize it until 4.5 hours after I checked out at 10am. I called the front desk at 2:30pm regarding this matter, and the receptionist told me he couldn't find anything at the lost and found. Then he checked the room 205 I stayed at, but still couldn't find my charger. I was thinking it may be the house keepers who took it.

This hotel is located in a convenient area right next to the Heavenly Skiing Resort and Harrah's Casino Hotel. There are restaurants close by. I like how they have a big flat screen TV in the hotel room.

The bathroom didn't have a fan. It had a window but it was pretty cold outside, and the glass had condensation on it all the time (open or not). Also, the shower had a strange operating mechanism and it was difficult to tune in the water temperature. The heater was pretty noisy, but even if it was cold outside the room remained pretty warm for a long time even after closing the fan. There should be a mat to clean your shoes at the entrance as right now as you go into the room you walk directly on the carpet and it shows.

The room was pretty big and I liked the large counter top next to the sink. We appreciated the large but silent fridge and the microwave. The location is great as it is across the street from the gondola, shops and restaurants. The hotel personnel contacted me very fast after asking a question on booking.com. Also, there was someone at the desk to give us the key even if we arrived late in the evening, 15 min after check-in time.

Bedsheets not 100% cotton? Breakfast room not open until 8 a.m. on a busy ski weekend.

Loved the location, the hot tub, the availability of staff to answer questions online, and the fact that even on a busy weekend a block from 50 on South Shore, it was very quiet.

The management was somewhere between incompetent and indifferent, particularly the woman at the front desk. She seemed more interested in collecting our credit card information than telling us when breakfast was, hours of operation of hot tub, etc. The heater and refrigerator in the room were LOUD, and I mean "wind tunnel" loud. This would, however come in handy: The second night, a group gathered outside a room two doors down and decided to have a good old party on the balcony at half past midnight. I called the front desk three times, no answer. I finally got dressed and hesitantly approached four burly guys and one woman laughing uncontrollably, and swearing (when they weren't throwing beer cans on the deck) and politely asked them to, you know, go inside their (?) room or quiet down, and went back to my room. Surprise! No change whatsoever, and still no response from the front desk. My partner suggested we turn on the heater as a distraction, and we melted while the party continued into the night. The next morning, Miss Personality told us "Well, of COURSE, there was no one on duty at midnight, (I guess they never get late arrivals) and next time "dial the emergency number that is RIGHT THERE on the phone, to reach the "person who lives on site." By "person" she must have meant the police, and by "on-site", the City of South Lake Tahoe, because the "emergency number" was... wait for it....9-911!! Great customer service! Happy to arrive, MORE happy to leave...

The location was good...about two and a half blocks to the Gondola. Seems like a death march wearing ski boots, but it beats finding parking on either end of Heavenly. The bed we had was a king and really comfortable.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. A really good value considering its room rate and close proximity to the Heavenly Village Gondola. The short walk to the Gondola was much easier and convenient than driving to the Heavenly Cal Lodge parking lot and walking from there.

Breakfast was not served until 8am (very late) and was poor quality and very crowded in a small room. No HD television signal.

Location and value and parking and comfort and quiet.

Carpet is dirty from everyone tracking dirty snow inside. Needs more interior room lighting, very dark in rooms.

Great location, very helpful staff and excellent value.

Wish they could have some kind of savory protein for breakfast. Cold hard boiled eggs could work.

Trenton, who checked me in, was an excellent representation of customer service!

• Double Queen Room

Breakfast was too basic with cheap plastic plates and cups. There was fresh coffee, orange juice, baguels and porridge. Also a small bowl of apples.

Beds were comfortable and location for access to the gondola was excellent.

Quite dated. I was surprised not fan in shower - had to open window. I was not impressed with all the throwaway crockery and cutlery. Could have had a mat at the doir to prevent wet boits and salt from coming in.

Mainly location. Pleased it had a bath and a hot tub.

Only recommendation would be to update bedding. Mattress and pillows were worn and very firm :-)

Location was excellent. Staff was excellent. Enjoyed the stay

Offered a breakfast with our stay however we stayed there because it was walking distance to the gondola to go skiing but the breakfast was not open till 8 am and the lifts open at 8:30 which would cut into our skiing time It would have been better if the breakfast was offered at 7 not 8 during ski season

Close to heavenly village and gondola

Curtains had moth holes, comforter had stains on it, bath tub and sink had grout showing.

The Bed was very comfortable, coffee in our room was good, it was quiet!

after we checked in,while i twisted the faucet,it broke… water spurted out… :*( Fortunately, the staff gave us another room and fixed the problem.

5 mins walk to the heavenly gonzola,staff are really friendly and helpful,dinning room is bit small and crowded round 8:30am,food is ok.

The AC and refrigerator make big noises so it is a bit hard to sleep. The ventilation in the bathroom is not very good.

The room is clean and spacious. The sink counter is outside of the bathroom, and only toilet and shower is inside. I like this separation of wet and dry areas. The location is perfect, close to Heavenly ski resort and many stores. We just walked to the gondola from the hotel with our ski gears.

The shower head was really low for both of us, and I’m only 5’7”. Water pressure wasn’t the best either.

Helpful staff, clean room, great hottub. What more do you need?

• Double Queen Room

Friendly staff location was amazing staff went above and beyond to make your stay a pleasurable one

Friendly staff location was amazing stuff went above and beyond to make your stay and pleasurable one

• Double Queen Room

This Hotel is very close to downtown of south Lake Tahoe. We can walk 5 minutes to gondola and easy to walk to private beach of south Lake Tahoe but they allow tourist to free entrance. From the hotel your can easy walk to dinner at the Casino.

The breakfast room really influenced the whole experience. 2 small rooms with some cheap garden tables and all hotel guests being cramped up in there desperately trying to make a bagel. I didn't expect much, but it was well below expectation.

Good value for money

There was nothing wrong beyond what might be expected for a value property. Probably the biggest issue would be the loud heater/AC unit. But this is the same problem with most motels. The toilet in one of our rooms was a slow flusher, but it still flushed! Really, nothing here that's worth complaining to management about.

Very clean room, good bed, furnishings not at all run down. Quiet room (unless you turn on the heater). Microwave and refrigerator were nice to have. Bathtub/shower was clean with good water flow. Good TV with decent channel selection, though couldn't get it to enlarge to full screen. Aspect ratio was fine, just didn't fill the screen even with menu adjustments. Wifi was free with decent enough speed. Just don't plan on streaming a hi-def video. Of course, central South Lake Tahoe location can't be beat if you like everything in walking distance. Plenty of free parking next to the rooms. Breakfast room was roomy. Continental breakfast was as expected, meaning nothing special and very basic, just as it should be for the price. Bagels, oatmeal, fruits, coffee, juices, etc. Staff was very nice. They gave us our parking permit when we arrived 2 hours early for check-in, before our rooms were ready, which I thought was nice. Overall, excellent value, and would be even a better value during the week when the rates are even lower. No bad surprises and would book here again if wanting to save a few dollars while still being next to all the amenities.

nothing. it was great.

I liked that it had an added breakfast. The bagels were awesome. They supplied orange juice and tea. The room was clean and large! great for 2 people!

Breakfast was nothing exciting, oatmeal and bagels.

Perfect location!! Easy 5 minute walk to Heavenly Village and casinos. Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.

Although quite spacious, the room was a bit outdated, especially the carpet and the bathroom. The breakfast was mediocre.

This accommodation is in a perfect position, 2 minutes from the Gondola and the shops and 5 minutes from the beach. The staff is really friendly and gave us useful tips on local attractions and things to do. The room was very spacious.

Room was cold. Paint flaking off in the bathroom. Noisy fridge in room woke us up during the night.

Friendly staff, convenient location. Very central. Room clean.

Lighting in room...I lamp..we were at back of property..long walk to get to facilities...

We only stayed one night..we had to come home..bed comfortable.but poor lighting in room..I was looking forward to hot tub...(poor)..owner very pleasant..

• Double Queen Room

South Lake Tahoe doesn't plow any side streets, so keep in mind even if the main highways and streets don't require chains you might need them to travel one block.

Breakfast is just bagels, coffee, juice, teas, instant oatmeal pkgs, maybe an apple; no problem.

Large comfortable bed, spacious enough room, coffee maker, mini fridge, and microwave also in room. I only used the coffee maker.

Breakfast could have few more options. Some of the fixtures are a bit old now and needs replacement.

Big clean rooms with basics covered. Excellent location, very close to shops, restaurants and heavenly village (and gondola)

Paint flaking off the bath, toilet flush broken, wifi variable and lower speed connectivity in areas. It's possible to stay at this level of room at a cheaper price.

Comfortable bed, there was a bath, spacious, good location

Continental breakfast was very limited and they have no decaf!

Great location, convenient to everything and much within walking distance... even the lake!

Really cold in the rooms, could do with a draft excluder in front of door. Could do with some modernisation. Breakfast was only bagels and coffee, could do with some more fresh options.

Bed was great! Location was good, near beach and shops. Lots of parking.

• Double Queen Room

They said it was a selection of pastries for breakfast. It was just blueberry bagels!!! They didn't vaccum out room

Close to down town. Good wi fi Comfy beds

• Double Queen Room

Very nice accommodations. Pillow top beds that were new mattresses. Comfortable pillows. All sheets fit the mattresses and looked new or almost new. Very clean room with modern appliances - TV, mini refrigerator, hair dryer (don’t know if there was an iron). Parking directly outside our door. Complimentary breakfast was bagels, oatmeal, bananas, orange juice, and coffee. Very centrally located. Easy to walk to restaurants for dinner and breakfast. Very easy drive to either the CA or NV sides of Lake Tahoe. Good heat and AC. Comfortable for either season.

Grossly overcharged. Price was less than half the next week. Sent a letter of complaint, no reply. Bed was rock hard, so got little sleep. The shower never really got hot. Can't believe how much we paid for such a poor quality accommodation.

Not much.

The room cleaning was questionable. They didn't clean the sink or counters, coffee area pick up anything dropped on the floor (wrappers, dental floss)and never dumped the trash in three days. That's just what I could see. The sink needed to be replaced.

King bed mattress was hard as a rock. Room refrigerator was noisy.

Affordable, clean room, located close to main area of South Lake Tahoe. It's an older property that is showing its age on the exterior, but the rooms are in great condition and staff is friendly.

The bathroom floor was dirty, the bathroom sink was chipped and old. The carpet was worn and looked dirty. The beds and pillows were hard. I would not recommend this hotel. The young man who was in the check-in was very nice and helpful. We did not have breakfast. At least the price was low.

The check-in young male was very nice and helpful.

Lighting in the room--need reading light on both sides of the bed and brighter light in dressing area. Parking is a little far from the steps because convenient spaces were marked off. Breakfast--cold cereal and a bagel--is minimal.

The room was spacious and nicely furnished. The price and location are excellent.

The exterior could use some attention and Continental bkft didn't start until 8, we were already on the road.

Rooms were very clean and well maintained

• Double Queen Room

pillows too hard, parking lot needs to be lined so people can park properly

perfect location, beds comfy, quick check in/check out, light breakfast included, price was better than most in the area

Was satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and comfort of the bed. Not really anything I did not like.

Located close to shopping area and casino,restaurant & shopping area. Friendly service at check in and convenient parking.

Comfortable bed/clean room, within walking distance to places. guest pass to private beach was nice. I would have never known there was a beach there otherwise.

• Double Queen Room

Parking was difficult. Spaces weren't clearly marked so people took more than one space and there were only enough spaces for one car per unit.

Excellent location.

The bathroom was not so nice but okay tho.

We stayed in room 225 and we loved it. Really huge room with a lot of space and a big comfy bed. The location was just perfect. Just a few minutes walking distance to the beach and to the Gondola and Casinos, shops etc.. The staff was also really kind and nice. We would definitely stay there again.

The rooms are large and clean, staff at check in was friendly and helpful explaining their motel and beach access. We would definatly stay here again.

No privacy, had to keep the shades closed, the ac was very noisy, the painted tub was badly peeling,they cut all the pine trees down and left the trunks sticking up 5 feet about 20 trees, breakfast was cereal or a bagel, there is not enough parking for all the rooms and there is no parking allowed on the street, they don't even provide a "Do not disturb" sign.

The pool was heated

• Double Queen Room

The AC unit was too loud. There were not enough towels although we booked a room with two queen size beds. The lighting in the bathroom and in the room was poor. There was not enough space to put two standard size suitcases. This was a significantly overpriced place for staying one night in town.

There wasn't much to like about this place.

The bed wasn't soft at all. The breakfast was just bagels a little more would have been nice along with flavored coffee creamer

The Spa was nice but a little small Check in was easy fridge was a good size tv was also a good size

The bathroom facilities in our room had not been upgraded and were very shabby: the diverter lever for the shower was missing and the countertop and sink had been cleaned so many times that the surface had worn off and looked terrible! They need to be replaced.

The spacious, clean room, which was simply decorated. Breakfast bagels and cream cheese. Great location near the Heavenly Gondola, shops and cafes. The free beach pass for a nearby beach. The young man on reception was friendly and personable.

More variety with the continental breakfast and a little more parking.

I really loved the location of the property. It is close to casinos and nice restaurants in the area. We arrived late about 10p and we called the number on the door and someone was there to greet us. Excellent customer service!

It's a little tired, but perfectly clean, which is reflected in the price of the room so not necessarily a negative.

This was the least expensive night of the trip and I was a little worried about location and facilities, there was no need for concern. Location is perfect. Facilities fine. The young men at front desk were excellent, explained property features and restaurants within walking distance. Room had everything we needed for the night. Price was fantastic.

• Double Queen Room

Continental breakfast could use a few more choices.

The property was in an excellent location to shopping and restaurants and the beach was just a short walk away.

Given that the motel was probably built 50 years ago, it's been maintained fairly well. It's ready for a new coat of paint, and some additional towel racks in the bathroom though.

Location was superb ... two blocks from the beach and one block from the main street.

• Double Queen Room

Total price gouging for summer. The room is normally $88 and I paid $269. The guy at the front desk was very rude and unwelcoming. They only had one parking space per room. They advertise as having a private beach that they share with one other hotel. It is open to the public as long as they pay to get in. Very crowded. Never giving them my business again.

The rating was way too high at 8.4. The entire place needed a major remodel. Yellow sink, no cover on vent in bathroom. Old coved vinyl. Popcorn ceiling, poor lighting, exterior paint faded. AC ran all night to keep cool in Lake Tahoe where it drops in the 50's at night. Very limited continental breakfast, by the time I got there the menu was dry cereal, coffee, a gallon of milk, apples and oranges. Not pleased with anything but the location as to proximity to lake and Heavenly Village. May not use Booking.com again.