Reviews of Blue Moon Boutique Hostel & Hotel 3 stars

100 Orchard Street, Lower East Side, New York, NY 10002, USA

#335 of 415 hotels in New York

Based on 1427 hostel reviews

Pricy and not as portrailed
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

It didn't look like the pictures, beds were different. The room I was in looked like a converted hotel room, I didn't even have power in the top bunck. There was no nothing when it comes to facilities related to food or drinks. I wouldn't go there anymore, it's supposed to be a hostel, however it looks and feels like an hotel where the rooms were given bunckbeds, so it can fit more people.

The view from the room I had, and the location of the place in general. It was clean, staff was friendly enough, although most of them had a limited grasp of the English language.

Lovely place, right across the street from the Tenement...
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

They advertise on the website that the guests get cappuchino amd fresh muffins each morning. They do not offer this. Their coffee shop is closed which was disappointing. They should remove that feature from the website.

Lovely place, right across the street from the Tenement Museum. Quiet, comfy Duke Ellington Room. Would return.

Very well located close to bars, restaurants and train...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

No lockers or safe box. If you want to keep your bag locked they will store it in a locked room.

Very well located close to bars, restaurants and train station. Bed and bathroom were clean. I stayed in the shared room of six beds for girls and the room had a little balcony. The room was very spacious.

Balcony had a nice view
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The noise was ridiculous! We did not sleep at all! We were on the top floor and you could hear everything and all the windows were shut! The ceiling fan would not work unless the light was on! We had to ask for a washcloth and they gave us each one and towel! The room was dirty, stained blankets and furniture! I suggest the owner take a look at the room and sleep there!

Balcony had a nice view

Wonderful location in a fun and trendy neighborhood. I would definitely come back!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Well... the shower was dripping in the bathroom which was a bit annoying. As long as you keep the bathroom door closed it's fine. (;

The location is just perfect! Subway is really close and a bunch of wonderful restaurants, bars and cafés are just around the corner!

The location and the price are good, is a really nice area...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Nothing I like it a lot. Maybe it would be great that the coffee re open because is close.

The location and the price are good, is a really nice area and close to the sudway.

Liked my stay.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

I wish the restaurant in the Lobby had not been closed. No ice available. Woman at the front desk was more interested in talking on the phone than checking us in.

Room was comfortable and location is terrific. Old, funky hotel in a great part of the City.

Good place. It is worth the money you pay for.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff is so cold. They don't even smile.

It is a basic bunkbed. But it is clean and every room has its own washroom. Washrooms are quite good. There is an iron also. There is no noise and there is an ATM in the ground floor. The wifi was very weak and the staff was not that informative. They also have a luggage storage facility. Overall, it a good value for many given the location and the cleanliness.

Solo traveler 3 nights 4 days
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

It's a good place to stay in but it's far from Manhattan so if you are planing to stau for few nights just find a place near midtown so you wont spend your time in traffic or subway specially one way subway costs 3$. The stuff are really nice and friendly they helped me to print my ticket, they also have storage room so you can leave your luggage after checkout

Good enough
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

They don´t give breakfast, no kitchen available either. They have a coffee shop but was not working.

Room had 6 beds but was big enough, bathroom was good. Location is good.

Location is good, near train station and Chinatown where...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Wifi does not work well at my room. Seems they only have wifi router every two levels.

Location is good, near train station and Chinatown where many cheap food is available. The hostel was originally a four star hotel so each room has its own balcony and bathroom. Not common for a hostel.

Perfect, good sleep, 50$ stop over stay in NYC
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The metal framed bunk beds were squeaking .. do had to be really careful to get up and down , even to turn around in bed in order not to bother room mates sleeping .

Very spaceous room with huge balcony, super clean bathroom with window ventilation, bath tub , big refrigerator and table with chairs in the room. Great views .

I always stay there when I go to NYC
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I didn't like staying in a room full of males. I didn't see any information about that when I chose the room. But it was fine.

I had locked my luggage and somehow I couldn't open it with the code I chose. I needed someone to break the lock for me. When I asked the staff if they could do that for me, in 5 minutes they helped me out! That was really nice.

Cheap dorm for a night
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

It was a shared dorm, not a private room. So you take your chances. Other guests were reasonably quiet, moderately considerate, though a couple were slovenly. The staff did not change the sheets or bathmat/towel, or clean the room. There was no locker in the room.

The building, furniture, and staff are perfectly decent for a budget hotel next to the Tenement Museum on the Lower East Side. The bathroom is well lit. There is a balcony. Staff provided clean towels.

excellent and amazing location
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

the lobby area could be converted to cafeteria as long as the coffee near the reception is out of service which can be use as lobby and waiting area for check in

Pleased
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The bed was very stiff and rudamentary. There were no real breakfast facilities. I wasn't keen on the security on the door to the balcony.

It was cheap. It was located very close to little Italy. The WiFi was good especially downstairs. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The views of the city were excellent.

A waste of money. Don't go there.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Only complaint(s) I have is it was FREEZING COLD in the room I was in - which made it very hard for me to get some sleep. I brought it to the attention of the man working the front desk, but, he never apologized, offered to do anything about the temperature they had the air conditioner set on, or nothing. I asked for blankets and he said he would notify housekeeping, but they never came, and I informed him of that. Still no apology, blanket, concern, warmth, comfortable rest, etc. I advised the same guy at checkout that I was NOT pleased with the service I received that he and the staff provided on his shift. I also informed him that I probably got about .40 minutes of sleep, if that much. Still NO APOLOGY, discount offered, refund offered, credit towards another stay or NOTHING. This guy had the most dumb founded look on his face and continued my checkout process. Not even one word of "I know there are many choices out here, so I would like to thank you for choosing Blue Moon Hostel." I WOULDN'T stay there again just because of his lack of empathy and communication to his guest and staff because I never saw him pick up the phone after telling me he called housekeeping. In addition, because of how UNCOMFORTABLE I was. He was very unconcerned.

The service was quick and great from the lady who checked me in.

I don't reccomend it
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I didn't like many things. The blanket was dirty, my bed didn't have a nearby electric plug, the light switch was only close to the door. Six beds and a wardrobe with only two coat hanger. Just a very small safe for six people! A shower inside a bathtub. The hair dryer was broken, there was another one but dirty and I don't know if it was of the hotel. No food, no breakfast

It is 3 minute far from a tube stop

Location is pretty good for a hotel / hostel outside...
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

No water or tea/Coffee in the Room. Too many PUB/BARs nearby.

Location is pretty good for a hotel / hostel outside mid-town Manhattan. Easy access to the metro station to anywhere. restaurants and many PUB/Bars nearby.

The description of the hotel doesn't match the real...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The description of the hotel doesn't match the real appearance of the structure . The room was small and not as in the picture shown on Booking.com Staff was quite nice, but it was really disappointing not to have breakfast included, which was instead provided in the description. Overall I feel that I have paid too much for a lacking service :(

The view from the windows is really cool.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

There were no individual lights or outlets for each bed so sometimes having people come in late and turn the main lights on was disturbing. Also, not being able to charge your phone close by you if you are in the top bunk is a little annoying.

The view from the windows is really cool. The wifi connection is great

Clean, nice bathroom.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

AC wasn't working when I stayed, but we opened the windows and it wasn't too bad.

Clean, nice bathroom. Room was very spacious with balcony, table, and fridge.

Nice and clean low-budget stay in the hostel
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

I think that the girls at the reception should be a little more friendly and patient about their clients. Sometimes everybody has a bad day but you should keep professional. A guest who was standing and waiting vor check-out left a little bit earlieren than 11am und needed to pay 50$ plus.

I liked the hood of the hostel a lot, because it was close to the subway and safe with some shops around. It was also good, that I could drop my lougage there for free after check-out. The housekeeping Service was also friendly and good.

Great location in hip, trendy area; a little bit of room roulette, but still a good experience!
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I was a bit confused b/c the listing said '4-person female-only bunk' and when I arrived I found that the room I was in was actually a 6-person bunk. They also said it was female only, and someone showed up the 1st night I was there and suddenly there was a male in one of the bunks, so that was a bit surprising... Their terms state you have to pay extra if someone else goes with you to your room, however, that means people could still sneak through or the rule isn't enforced properly, so I think there could be some improvement there. Also, the cold water tap on our sink was not functioning... so we had to use very hot water all the time.. Please fix that! It isn't always pleasant...

I liked the room - I was placed on the 8th floor of the property (marked P in the elevator) and it was a beautiful view, very NY so I have to recommend it for that. Very cleanly, they will change the sheets and clean up even in the hostel bunk rooms, which was a pleasant surprise!

Room was quite spacious.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Luggage storage is not secure. And there are no lockers in the hotel.

Room was quite spacious. Two cute girls on a reception were kind and helpful. Bathroom was absolutely clean and pleasant. As a bonus - scenery opened from a room balcony was awesome.

location, inexpensive, clean
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I booked a 4-person dorm and they offered me a 6-person dorm during my whole stay. Actually I am ok with 4- or 6-person dorm but the thing i want to emphasize it how bad they deal with this issue. I asked whether it is a 4-person dorm or not as i saw 6 beds in a dorm once I got to the shared room. They insisted it would only be shared by 4 people, but it came to 6 people in the end. It happened every night, and then they said it was fully occupied so they could not offer me a 4-person dorm every day (I have reserved though before my stay). I never reject they request to stay a 6-person dorm (actually they never told me, until I told them the next day morning, so its kind of forcing me to accept at night- elsewhere I can go?) but they charged me the same price. Thus, the staff seems like not very helpful in answering my inquires regarding to the 4-person and 6-person dorm issues, and they asked me to ask another staff the next day or next shift work or call the hotline by my own. When I called the hotline, the lady picked up the hotel asked me to email her instead (she did not answer me anything or listen me anything. Once she picked up the phone, she asked me which hotel I stayed and then I replied blue moon hotel. After that, she asked me to email to her immediately and hung up!- I was like what is the point to have a hotline for calling?). Although I finally found a manager who promised to refund the price difference on 25th April, I just got the email (around early May) from booking.com that bluemoon hotel said i was absence during my stay. Such a mystery!

location, inexpensive, clean

Location is good, beds are comfy, everything seems clean
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Staff always seems annoyed, as if they don't really want to work, not quite helpful. Moreover, the hotel seems to have problems with anyone's credit card.

Location is good, beds are comfy, everything seems clean

Located on the quiet street not far from the subway.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The room wasn't intended to be a hostel room initially, so no lockers for backpacks, no hooks to hang clothes (one small wardrobe is not enough for 6 people). We had to keep our stuff right on the floor. They have only very small lockers for, like, a little bags.

Located on the quiet street not far from the subway. Room was clean. Possibility to keep backpack after the checkout was a blessing.

Great location with lots of popular restaurants and cafes...
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Bed is uncomfortable and is sunken in weird angles making it hard to fall asleep

Great location with lots of popular restaurants and cafes near by within walking distance

Clean, quick, simple, safe. Done.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Discovered on leaving that there were a small lockers in the room. No one mentioned it. Bring your own lock? No idea. There's no furniture to put bags and clothes. Don't want everything in the top bunk with you. There is a shared closet though.

There's a small café area in the lobby. I didn't avail myself of it. But, it looked good. Dorm-style room with ensuite bath is very clean, spacious, with comfortable, simple furnishings. Balcony is nice, and always air flow to an otherwise stuffy room.

Average
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff appeared rude & biased. I booked for 1 night and next day requested for another day. However, I was told that there is no more space available. Then in front of the staff, I booked from booking.com. I told the staff that it's rude to decline the guest but it had no impact on the desk staff. The only problem in the hotel was unwelcoming/ cold attitude of staff

Location was in Manhattan & very near subway.

Super value in a great location
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Where else can you stay in Manhattan for this low a price? Excellent value for the money. Great location near fun restaurants and the Tenement Museum.

This is a great hotel, but I really hope they make check-in more professional and quicker!
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

The check in was poorly done. With two staff people, they were very inefficient. It took approximately 15 minutes per guest, with a long waiting line of tired guests who just wanted to be in their rooms! They could improve this by giving out forms to fill-in while waiting!

The decor and comfort were excellent. My room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was well-appointed. I love that the staircases were clean, well-lit, and even painted, with lovely tile!

Quite good hostel
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

-I've had not a very friendly phone conversation with one of the hotel receptionists. First you can not reach them, but once you are on the line, they don't have time for you and getting angry.

-I really liked this place. There is nothing special about it, but also nothig bad. -Stuff is nice, there is a girl with a long hair, she was super friendly to me. -location is great!

Spotless hostel in a great location.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

My only critique is the fact that this is a hostel and for short term stays. I was in New York 5 days and one occupant in my room had been there 4 weeks, she thought she owned the room!

Stunning hostel with lots of character on the lower east side. Shuttered windows and what looks like the original lift. So different to the usual hostels and right opposite the tenement museum. I've stayed in hostels all over the world and this is probably the cleanest. I would definitely go back here. Helpful staff and great facilities. Air con worked, room was cleaned and hovered daily and clean bed sheets provided.

Fantastic. Hope to t
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Would have liked more facility to prepare food. Reinstate the cafe? Shared kitchen? Kettle in room?

Great location. Quaint, historic style. Very cosy and inviting. Spotlessly clean.

It’s a great alternative to staying in an expensive hotel
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Not a great idea when traveling with children, Especially a daughter in co-ed dorm. My fault for not reading all the info.

It’s a great alternative to staying in an expensive hotel

Everything about this hotel is poor from management and...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Just never recommend it for any booking the hotel should be demolish.

Everything about this hotel is poor from management and dirty rooms bed and toilet will never recommend for any body look like a Prison were offenders are kept will like to have my money back.

Would definitely consider staying here again when I'm back in NY.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff was incredibly friendly! Rooms were cleaned everyday and changed the sheets every couple days for those staying long periods. Also super cool to have a balcony in the room. Right next to subway, the area has nice bars and restaurant. Really great location!

Overall it was pleasant.I would return I would recommend it to others with the cabbie outside alread

Read above response.

Glow: 1. The value, especially on a budget 2. I found the staff generally professional and cordial, particularly Alexandra. Grow 1. The arrangement of beds in the dorm-style rooms can be improved. For instance , in the 8th foor penthouse, bunk beds are block the mirror. 2. In the Armstrong room, a chair or bench would be useful. 3. In the 8th floor penthouse, there is some kind of circuit problem that causes Internet to go offline when the hair dryer is used in the restroom. The staff have been made aware of this. 4. As I have indicated, the staff is generally professional and friendly. However, there was apparently a problem with the payment on my card one morning. Instead of texting me or calling me. the staff person on duty (Alana) came into the penthouse room to address it. In front of everyone, she said to me that I did not pay. Another person staying in the penthouse mentioned that Alana had dealt with her in a similar manner regarding another matter. Later, when I talked to Alana downstairs at the front desk -- where I requested that we continue the conversation -- I said to her that she might have phoned or texted me. She would go on to offer a brusque apology. However, the damage had already been done. I expect much better professional behavior from someone in the hospitality industry. Staff must be reminded that they are not to go into a guestroom to address these sorts of issues, particularly in front of an audience.

It was enjoyable.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

Breakfast wasn't included (which we knew beforehand).

The room was quite adequate. staff was very helpful, and location is good for seeing lower Manhattan attractions.

Reasonable price.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The room mate was terrible. She plays the hip-hop music like always without any airpod. And they told me that there are cafe in 1st floor but there always closed... so there are no cafe or kitchen in this accomodation. Only for bed and bathroom. It's good I guess.

It takes only 3min from the subway station and there are supermarket which open 24hrs.

Nice place for the money
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The lockers are rather small and don't forget to bring your own lock!

Love the location on the LES, had a nice stay in the 6 bed dorm. Nice lounge but nothing too fancy.

Was there for a conference that hotel was 5mi walk from where it was being held. was a great price
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

my sheets were dirty and I didnt like the dingy green carpet in my room.

The location was great!!! The hotel was decent at a low rate in a great area!!!

A good attempt at a hostel, though lives up to the bad reputation hostels traditionally have in NYC
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds were old and depressed. The crowd seemed extremely shady, and the entire property smelled of carpet freshener which gets a little bit troublesome due to the quantity of freshener they use. They have one elevator servicing eight floors, and it makes a horrid buzzing sound with every floor it passes. The luggage storage is basically just leaving your luggage in the lounge with a tag on it, however no one seems to be monitoring the luggage going in or out and considering they have only one person working there at a time (besides the one man laundry operation in the basement and the one-man housekeeping team), it makes the tagging system redundant since anyone can walk in and out with anything they like. Thankfully, owing to many locks on my bags, nothing of mine was stolen so that's definitely a plus point. The "lockers" in the room aren't really lockers like you find at most hostels which can accommodate small carry-ons and backpacks. The lockers are small boxes with just about enough room for a small tablet and a phone, and that's about it. Additionally, there are only 4 lockers in every room whereas there are 6 beds (sometimes 7 or 8, as they add roll-away beds to accommodate more guests than advertised whilst booking your room online), making it a race to who gets the lockers first. Coming to the location. Truth be told, its located in a not-so-great part of town. But then again, so are the other two hotels/hostels that show up as the cheapest option on Booking.com. You have to be careful at night, there are tons of shady people everywhere, often acting like nuisances for people passing by.

Its cheap, which is basically just about the only reason everyone who stays there does so. That being said, it comes with its own share of hobos and welfare bums who rent out beds for the night. Doesn't resemble a typical hostel, with more of an older (and somewhat creepier) crowd compared to a lot of other hostels in the city. Its close to two of the best places to eat in the city: Pizza at Lombardis, and Katz Deli, both of which are within walking distance of the place. Its also very close to China Town, and has decent public transportation on different subway lines within 15 minute walking distances. They have great WiFi, and it works on every floor with excellent signals. They provide a very good hair dryer, iron, and a safety deposit box (one box between 6 occupants, meaning first comers get to keep the box for the duration of their stay), as well as shampoo and body wash in addition to FRESH TOWELS EVERYDAY in every room. There's also a 24/7 deli a two minute walk from the property, and a Starbucks at a five minute walk.

Cozy place with a historical touch
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

All was good, nothing to complain about.

I stayed twice this month, with a short break for a trip to another city, in two different rooms. both were big enough, well lit, with absolutely perfect bathroom and real tub, not just shower. The team is extremely helpful and friendly, the reception desk seems to be open 24/7 and offers help in different languages. It was clean, towels were unbelievably good (never had that in a hostel type of accommodation), changed daily. The check-out time was comfortable, later than I usually experienced in Europe. The location is close to several subway stations of different links, close to China town and Little Italy, there is a store and pharmacy near, a super cool breakfast place and overall the location is nice and calm. Really, everything has exceeded my expectations. Thank you!

Best bunk bed in Lower East
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

1. The staff I met at the check in desk was inhospitable, she had chitchat on the phone, and let people stood up for long time. No apologies. No smile. No professionalism. 2. There was so many cluttered stuff in the closet, so I couldn’t put my things there. No rules for sharing the closet.

Room is spacious, has balcony access

Good experience
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Near of two subway stations, around you can find many restaurants and places for a good party. The facilities are clean always and the staff is friendly.

I'd come back. Everyone I met in my room and counter I have made fast friends with.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The wifi could crap out randomly.

Wifi crapped out a few times, but I do appreciate that almost every floor had their own router with regular and 5g service. The reason why I opt into a mix dormitory is because I get along with both genders (though as a girl, I get along better with guys). Everyone I met was respectful of my space and don't mind me intrude theirs (in a good way!) One thing you should know is this is a really nice place on the edge of Little Italy and walking distance to Chinatown. So you have no shortage of inexpensive/cheap and good food options. You are within walking distance of the major NYC tourist destinations. I never felt once that the place was dirty (it's cleaner than some of the 2-3 star hotels I'm used to). The hot water shower pressure was on point. As with any NY establishment, try not to throw your TP down the toilet and use the wastebin instead. My California roots isn't used to the delicate plumbing, but I've since readjusted to the practice at home too. Housekeeping change out sheets everyday and because I was there a week, I've met some of these gals. Short little convos and to show my appreciation told them I didn't need the daily changing of my bed. They give you a new towel everyday. Do note that this place used to be a cafe of sorts as well. I've sat in the lobby working and multiple occasions people would stop by to ask for food options and you'll see a closed/abandoned counter. They do have one large fridge if you want quick drinks next to the check-in counter.

expensive and lack necessary facilities. not recommended
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

expensive for the same configuration. no chair, no cup and coffee machine for drinking, no hair dryer, very noisy outside. bad experience!

decoration style not bad

Perfect location, ok room
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Bunck beds were not too comfortable, and the room was freezing the first night and way too hot the second one.

Location is great! and the place is clean and very nice.

I would stay again. Great bargain and location.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The snack section only accepted cash which is a problem if you’re coming in late and only have your debit/charge card. Also, there wasn’t a tv in the lounge area and the toilet pressure in the bathroom was low.

The hotel was much better than I expected for paying $85 for two nights in NYC. The dorm room and hotel were clean and the room was cozy and warm. The location is great, lots of restaraunts and shops.

The hotel is amazing. Overnight staff needs some training on appropriate interactions with guests.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

How rude the overnight receptionist was. When coming back to the hotel she blocked us from going to the elevator and interogated us about staying at the hotel which was extremely offputting and uncomfortable. She could have easily just asked our names and checked the register if it was that much of an issue but instead she grilled me about the decision we made to just get 1 room key upon checking in and tried to stop my boyfriend from coming upstairs with me. She was horrible.

They hotel was awesome. Super clean and only 2 blocks from the subway. The area was great and there’s plenty of delicious restaurants close by.

the room is clean and comfortable.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

the staff is indifferent and disinterested in answering questions.

the room is clean and comfortable. bathroom is clean, had a hairdryer, shower water is warm

Great place, rude receptionist
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Most of the staff was okay to deal with except for one dark haired woman at the receptionist desk. I'm sorry about what happened to you in your life to make you act that way with paying customers but you really need to change your attitude, your life and preferably YOUR JOB. You work in customer service, either change your attitude or see different employment. Other than the woman, 10 out of 10

Great location and awesome rooms. They we're clean and we'll kept. No bed bugs which is something I worried about going to New York and staying in a hostel. Great place definitely would recommend

Excellent location and value
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The costs of the downstairs cafe were slightly high, although the guy who runs the cafe was excellent. Also there should be a communal games room to encourage more socialising, lacked a little hostel vibe but depends what time of your year you go I guess

The cleanliness and seemless ease of meeting people in your room whilst being in a great location

Ok
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The heating system was very close to the bed and it was very noisy. As it was very cold when we were there, we had to have the heat on all night, but that didn’t let us sleep very well because of the noise.

It was a normal room.

Great, location, Friendly environment, would recommend!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Some rooms are smaller than others, and some beds are really, really far from the outlets

The beds are really clean, they clean every day and even comes with a new towel!

Not bad for group of friends
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The facilities are very old but still makes the environment convenient. The hotel uses strange wired aromatics everywhere including the elevator. Maybe the air freshener just not fit my needs.

There’s shower room inside the shared room which is convenient and inconvenient also. People using the shower room can make noise significantly to the rest of other roommates. The metro station is just 3 minutes walk along the street. The Chinatown is also 15 minutes walk from the Hotel.

really nice place in the heart of NY
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

This is a hotel which has several dorm rooms. I stayed in 4 bed female dorm, I loved it. NY is an expensive city, and when I'm alone, I prefer a hostel in the center to isolated hotel (you can't have it all in NY if you don't want to PAY). 2 previous hostels were just terrible despite of decent rating. And this one had a big airy room, nice beds, good silent aircon, soundproof windows and clean big bathroom, so I had a great night sleep! Location also couldn't be better. Plus super nice ladies at the reception. I'll stay again, and if I won't be alone - then I'll stay in hotel part!

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was always clean and comfortable.
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The staff were friendly and helpful; they seemed really interested in me and asked me about my day. I appreciated that they shared their love of New York with me.

Good ambience, could improve value and facilities
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

I think they should have free water in the lobby, a water cooler or something. I thought it was more of a hostel arrangement in the bunker rooms so I thought there would at least be a microwave but there wasn't. The luggage storage is very open,it's in the middle of the lounge room connected to the lobby and people can just take your stuff although there is cctv. I locked my bag to the wall fence just in case anyway and nothing happened.

Vicinity to Chinatown(10minutes walk), subway station (3 minutes), deli grocer (2 mins) . Has a nice ambience. Clean. Free soap. Good heating. There's a hair-dryer

Stay in Blue Moon Boutique Hotel
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Only one bathroom in the room and we were five but it wasn't really a problem.

Lovely place. The ambience was great and the receptionist really kind. The room was quiet and nice.

This is a basic hostel - not a boutique hotel
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

We had originally booked a double room on booking.com and it all went through fine. As all went through ok, we didn't check the email confirmation (taken as our fault), but it seems that our spacious double room was downsized to a 6 single bed dorm. The hostel itself in through a cafe which is open to public and the luggage, which you leave, is left unsecured.

I liked the location, it is near Little Italy and Chinatown. We took a lovely walk through both, down to the Manhatten Bridge and over the Brooklyn Bridge. Good location for lower Manhatten.

Two nights with no balcony or good windows to view
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

Windows were too high. Couldn’t see to view good. Had to use bed to stand and view the wibdows.

Bath tub was big and deep where I can down to soak myself. Comfortable bed

Bad stay and it is a hostel not a hotel 4 star
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Part of the staff especially the girl who checked my in were really rude and unhelpful Room are cold

It is a hostel shared rooms, my room was really cold

Value for money, probably not best for tourists.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff weren't that helpful but nothing major.

Checking in was easy and it was a perfect area for me as I used to live in the East Village and so that was the area I wanted to be in. For tourists, you're probably better a bit further uptown!

Normal, Just for one Night or someone does like the hostel style.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I would like to suggest that Booking should clarify when its hotel or hostel and also they should do the same.

The hotel is clean, nice location, cafe, delicious chai latte and so more.

Good. Could easily be better.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

One extremely rude sadist receptionist. She somehow thinks she has authority over customers. Which got to her tiny head, And gave her an attitude of a high-school principal and an unrealistic sense of self worth. Everyone that dealt with this individual remarked the same, even staff, who call her cuss words. That's a shame because all the rest of the staff is delightful and professional. There's always that one...

The décor and theme and history of the building.

it was not bad but it was not good either. value for money isn't that great.
    • Single Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

4bed in a small room, so not enough space to put luggage in a room no individual light or electricity. Best for family and group of friends. not recommend for alone traveller

clean, nice location

I don’t like nothing
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

They surprised the guest with strange conditions and did not mention the location before !! Sometimes they don’t accept credit cards and also force you to pay insurance even if your reservation is only for bed and 1 night and worse than that !! The girl who works at the reception was very provocative and never smiled and she thinks she works in the Ministry of the Interior !!!!! I never recommend it to a tourist who wants to rest and enjoy his time

I don’t like nothing

worth the price at such location
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

the windows did not completely block out the wind, and the beddings aren't cozy enough.

the people in the same room with me were so nice, and in the room it was pretty quiet most of the times.

Perfect stay near chinatown
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

n/a everything was great. Loved this hotel!

Cute space with a coffee shop in the lobby. Comfy beds, bathroom in the room, and my favorite piece of all---beautiful, large outdoor balcony directly off the room with chairs and a table. Can't wait to return in the warmer months to have a bottle of vino out there!

Atmosphere in the lobby.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Freezing. i think heater didn't working. so windy in the room. washroom is located in the room. When I came over 11pm , I couldn't take shower.

Atmosphere in the lobby.

Total score might be 65/100, doesn’t well than my imagination.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

When I’m checking at first night, the front desk’s staff are really inpatient and unfriendly.

The 1F cafe store’s staff is really nice. This hotel location are convenient that closed from manhattans bridge and china town .