Reviews of Boardwalk Inn and Suites 2 stars

301 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#66 of 104 hotels in Daytona Beach

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

I will find somewhere else to say next time
    • Double Room with City View

I liked the location, the bed, and hot tub however they can keep it a little cleaner.

The eggs was powder and blan, the breakfast was boring all meats was pork and I can't eat pork . Same things for breakfast 😒 I went out and bought breakfast that I enjoyed.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Overall it was decent.
    • Double Room with City View

The breakfast could have been changed so that it wasn't the same for everyday. Thought the bedding could have been changed every other day.

Liked the location.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Beautiful place but can't enjoy for the homeless.
    • Suite with City View

Breakfast. This has nothing to do with the hotel but the homeless people are everywhere and very rude and demanding we caught them going through our stuff on vehicle platform in the hotel parking lot. Sunday night it was very crowded and loud with what looked like gangsters everywhere we were afraid to leave our room but that cleared up by Monday morning. We won't be going back to Daytona.

Basic but clean. Staff very friendly. Steps to the beach.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Location was nice, bed was comfortable;
    • Double Room with City View

Went to front desk on 3 occasions and no one was there; staff not very friendly or helpful; it appears they have attempted to do some updates but not professionally done.

Location was nice, bed was comfortable; breakfast was fair, would have liked more healthier selections like fruit and yogurt

Great place to stay
    • Suite with City View

The only thing I didn't like was the mattress other than that it was a beautiful nice place. Was a little too firm for me other than that I have no complaints very clean nice place

I like the breakfast I like the very clean rooms dolphinese very clean very nice people at the motel the lady at the front desk help me on an upgrade was very friendly I ended up having two cars instead of one car they vary they were just the best Motel I've been to in years I wish I would have been going there all alone cuz I've been to the beach 3 times this year accounting this one 3 stay for 3 days and I wish I would have book at Boardwalk Inn Suites the whole time

Not the best
    • Double Room with City View

I didn't like the fact that I had two friends stop by early in the morning, one in which I hadn't seen in 20 years, and they parked in the almost empty parking lot to talk for five minutes. As soon as they pulled in, the lot attendant was there, telling them to move, and refusing to listen that nobody was leaving the cars, and that they were leaving soon. I understand policy, and only one parking spot per room, but, I couldn't even have a private conversation with a long for seen friend, because your attendant wouldn't leave us alone for five minutes. He stood there until they drove off, by the way. Very rude, as far as customer service goes.

I liked the facilities, and the configurability of the room.

Rooms were fine except no balcony furniture or alarm clocks.
    • Suite with City View

Do NOT STAY HERE!!! Rooms were fine except no balcony furniture or alarm clocks. Afternoon front desk service was great. Today my car was blocked by whom other employees called the “boss”. I asked him to move so I could leave. The “boss” proceeded to curse me like a dog because “ I am w female and should never tell a man what to do”. Of course the manager Dev is not there and no one seems to know if there is a corporate number.

Rooms were fine except no balcony furniture or alarm clocks. Afternoon front desk service was good.

Could have been better
    • Suite with City View

The girl that checked us in was not friendly at all. The breakfast was terrible, the sausage was way overcooked and the biscuits were hard as a rock.

The room was clean. The pool is large and clean. Great location.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

We had a suite with city view and the room had plenty of...
    • Suite with City View

The elevator had blood on the floor one day. There was poop in it another day.

We had a suite with city view and the room had plenty of room and beds comfortable. The pool was very nice.

It was good overall
    • Double Room with City View

Our room being right next to the noisy elevator I called prior and asked about the ocean view rooms but construction but I did see other guest in a few rooms with ocean view

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great location on the beach not so great place to stay
    • Suite with City View

The staff needs work and training on how to professionally speak to you. ALL of them with the exception of the manager were rude and made you feel like it was an inconvience for you to be there. The breakfast lady was down right miserable I informed her that the bathroom in the breakfast area was out of soap and paper towels and her response was quick and nasty . " not my job" I was so taken a back ... it is your job when you are serving food to wash your hands frequently and there was no ability to do so. The breakfast is completely disgusting. We were there for 8 days and it is literally the same thing every day. Plan bagels or toast, inedddible eggs, not properly cooked sausage , biscuits and gravy, . The only edible things were the cereal ( either corn flakes or Raisin Bran and waffles that you make. ) I had 4 kids with me and they were begging me to eat somewhere else. There is also never enough places to sit in the breakfast area. Check in and out process was easy and quick just again zero friendliness .... not a welcome, not a thank you nothing. Someone vomited in the pool because they were drinking excessively . When someone from the hotel came out people informed him and he flat out was like I'll do my best to get it out but oh well. He scooped out the vomit and literally threw in a cup of chlorine and walked off. Never instructing anyone or putting up a sign to not go back in for so many minutes. The cleaning process needs to be better . They clean rooms of guests that are continually staying last. It always seemed around 4 when we were getting back from the beach and wanted to shower is when they wanted to clean and because of being in the room trying to get ready are room often would get passed . We stayed in what they called a suite with 5 people. It's not a suite by any means. Several times I would say we have 5 people in the room can we get more the 3 towels and one roll of toilet paper. Yes, but go to the front desk and get...

The location is the saving grace! LIterally right on the beach and the pool area is great big and spacious. No umbrellas though for shade. The property is in walking distance of several good places to eat and the boardwalk.

Pool was clean as well as the hot tub.
    • Double Room with City View

We have stayed at the boardwalk for the last 5 years. We love it every time!

Pool was clean as well as the hot tub. Rooms were clean and comfortable. They have a continental breakfast that perfectly prepared!

It is a nice place to stay and in a very good location.
    • Suite with City View

The bathroom was very small. I had my 14 year old grandson with me and I had to dress in the very small bathroom.

I really liked the room size, we were not cramped at all after we put our luggage in the room. The beach was right outside and it was a short walk to the board walk on the beach. We even walked everywhere we went, it was that close to everything. Walking distance to Joe's Crab Shack! Oh, where this hotel is the beach is NOT as crowded.

Worst place ever for the service and staff to be charging that much
    • Suite with City View

The manager and staff was unfriendly the manager treated us like trash he was very racial to us and said racial things outside so the camera couldn't see him because our cab was running late o we left the room 20 mins late

The breakfast that's it

I didn’t like much about the hotel.
    • Suite with City View

When we got to our room my wife and 15 year old daughter noticed that there was something brown on the wall and door in the bathroom. Yes that’s what it was. We had to have someone come clean it. There was hair on our sheets and on the bathroom floor. I was overall disappointed with this place. I will NEVER stay there again!!

I didn’t like much about the hotel. The pool was nice.

Overall, very clean and comfortable
    • Suite with City View

I would have liked a small kitchenette but there was a small fridge, microwave and coffee machine, not particularly helpful if you have special dietary needs. There is work still being done after the hurricane and the workmen start at 7ish.

Close to shops, restaurants, entertainment and beaches. Breakfast was good except for the coffee which was very watery.

Location was great.
    • Suite with City View

Needs updating, no stopper in sink, not super clean, needed painted and some fixtures replaced. Breakfast was great.

Location was great. Some staff was friendly, some not.

relaxing as a vacation should be.
    • Suite with City View

Even with the construction going on during the day we enjoyed our stay . The nights were very quiet. The rooms were very clean and can't say enough about the comfort of the beds. Will definitely stay here on our next visit. Loved being within walking distance of the boardwalk and restaurants .

It was next to the beach.
    • Double Room with City View

Some of the staff wasn’t friendly and there is no lights out by the pool for at night. So the pool is open till 11 pm. But when you go swimming at night it is pitch black out by the pool and you can t see anything

It was next to the beach. The breakfast was good.

Awesome time!
    • Suite with City View

The rooms were spacious and beds comfortable. Hot tub was great!!! Breakfast was delicious, and the dining area really clean! The pool was clean and up to 10 feet, which I enjoyed. Most are only 6 or 7 feet. The oceanfront rooms are being redone, so we had construction going on during the day, but workers were considerate and friendly, and no noise after 5 o'clock. The kids had a blast! We WILL be coming back!!

It worked for a place to stay next to the beach.
    • Double Room with City View

We were notified at check in that renovations were being done from the hurricane damage. There was no noise, so that wasn't the issue, the hotel was just in a good bit of disrepair outside. Parking lot was full of equipment. Everything looked messy on the outside which is understandable, but just wasn't expecting it as I wasn't notified when I booked the room.

The staff was great, the breakfast included was good.

The breakfast and beach area
    • Suite with City View

The people at the front desk were very nice. But the housekeeping and maintenance crew were very rude and unprofessional. The rooms were dirty and smelt really moldy/musty. They need to be updated. The breakfast was great!! The hotel would be nice if they took care of it!

The breakfast and beach area

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
    • Suite with City View

I don't like anything the employee and manager is so terrible not friendly at all. Also the room and pool is so dirty and no good breakfast some part was cold and the lady to take care of this food always has a Dog Face she don't said hello or good morning I will never stay here anymore in the pass I will stay here 3 different time in this year but this one was horrible I will NEVER, NEVER RECOMMEND.

NOTHING EVERYTHING WAS HORRIBLE.

Facilites met our needs to give our teenage daughter a surprise trip to the beach.
    • Suite with City View

I found long dark hairs on my towel when I unrolled to use it. The facilities seemed a bit unsafe in some parts where construction was happening and I was surprised that was not in violation of building codes.

Location to the beach was perfect.

Construction was interfering with parking.
    • Suite with City View

Construction was interfering with parking. Staff had poor attitude. Breakfast was pretty good. Room smelled moldy, the air conditioner was putting out poor quality air. Noisy at night.

Not at all what it seems
    • Double Room with City View

Parking was limited. A ton of construction being done and more needs to be done. There was a gap about 2 inches high between the door and the ground. So big a bug crawled right under and into the room so we had to roll up towels to block it. The sheets had hair on them and the mattress cover had a stain that had started molding on it. And the bathroom door was smeared with what appeared to be ketchup. There was no iron or ironing board. There was no closet or even a bar to hang clothes on. And the tv only got the basic 11 channels.

our stay was pretty decent, the best part was the staff and the breakfast! The location was perfect.
    • Double Room with City View

the construction and how dirty the outside of the rooms were. people would just leave trash out and it’s gross. The hot tub out in the back was super dirty.

the staff!

O.K.
    • Double Room with City View

Booking.com,the hotel, or both truly charged me a wrong rate. I booked/ or thought I booked for a suite at 139.00. The room turned out to be a normal 2 quenn bed size. However, as I was standing in receptionist line before entering our room, 3 motorcyclist secured a room without reservations and paid 126.00 with tax. We paid 156.38 with tax. I didn't leave the reception desk before my stay with a warm fuzzy welcoming feeling. However I justified it by saying it must because we got a suite. Well we didn't receive a suite, we paid more for a normal room by booking on th booking.com website and it was on my heart the entire night as I was upset. Even my 11 yr old thought it was unfair as she witnessed the entire deal. Thank you Mike G

closeness to beach and central for restaraunts

Close to the beach
    • Suite with City View

Remodeling, but was told that prior to checkin at motel but there was no other motels to choose from. Don’t go to Daytona Beach during spring break because it’s cheerleading competition time. And there is high schoolers everywhere and long lines. They were literally chanting down the road while they walked. Pictures of this motel looked better online then in person. Advertise splash pad for kids wasn’t on and working.

Close to the beach

Wont stay again
    • Suite with City View

The hotel was being fixed due to the hurricane so a lot of noise from construction crew, same breakfast every day, no choices, and no real amenities for the price. The bed was hard and there was only one tv for a suite with a living room.

The rooms were renovated

Wasnt all that great.
    • Double Room with City View

Called ahead to book my room wasnt told until i got there that they would be under construction mon thru fri 7 to 330. Didnt really enjoy being woke up that early hearing hammers drill and heavy eauipment running.

The room was spacious and clean.
    • Double Room with City View

I knew the hotel would be under construction so I am not holding that against them. Instead of housekeeping just making up the room daily, they just asked if we needed anything. The pool was so cold. I expected it to be heated. No fruit or yogurt for breakfast, only carbs.

The room was spacious and clean. The location was perfect.

Would not stay here again.
    • Suite with City View

Wanted to do laundry using motels facilities. No change machine, went to front desk and was told to go to a gas station for change. It was 10 p.m.

Free continental breakfast. Served the same thing all 5 days we stayed. Gross.

Ok but not great.
    • Double Room with City View

Those with motorcycles were forced to park their bikes in the underground lot. To enter the lot there is a steep incline which causes the exhaust pipe of some bikes (trikes) to scrape upon entering and leaving. I will never return again unless this is fixed. We should be able to park in the regular lot like everyone else.

Food was fine..

For the price, they honestly exceed the customers expectation.
    • Double Room with City View

I personally didn't like all the construction, and all the trees had fallen. But it didn't really upset me due to the fact it was next to the beach and there was a hurricane that recently that hit. Also over the phone they tend to be some what rude but in person they are pretty informative and nice. I most likely caught them all on a bad day.

Honestly, my favorite part would have to be the rooms, they were exactly as described in the pictures but better.

The location.
    • Suite with City View

The hotel was still recovering from the hurricane in September so the WiFi was not working. Not much parking and there was construction around the hotel. Not upset with the hotel staff and understand problems do come up. Was told everything should be back to normal in June.

The location. It was right on the beach and easy to get to. There were nice shops and places to easy that were within walking distance. Nice size pool and hot tub to use while there. Room had nice size beds.

I liked the location for the purpose of the visit.
    • Double Room with City View

They had no wi-fi service, no good TV channels and very noisy since early. Seems under remodeling and workers standing and smoking outside on the halls, which made us uncomfortable since we had a child with us.

I liked the location for the purpose of the visit. Room was clean and comfortable.

The location of the property is amazing!
    • Suite with City View

The pool was completely NOT usable like stated. The entire ocean side of the hotel is nothing but a shell and the pool is directly under that with all construction going on overhead. Completely unsafe for kids!

The location of the property is amazing!! Just a short walk to the boardwalk.

Super clean the hotel is in remodelation but worth for the...
    • Suite with City View

We havr always space to improve. For me the hotel was perfect but the mist important is the cleanest and was clean

Super clean the hotel is in remodelation but worth for the value 4 minute from ocean center in front of the beach I hope come back when they finish tje construction

Great location. Friendly staff and good free breakfast. The rooms though need much improvement
    • Double Room with City View

No towels in the room when I arrived. I can understand that they were doing construction but no internet was available

Staff was friendly and the free breakfast was very good (it was a hot breakfast unlike most free breakfasts)

Underwhelming, but the location is Fantastic and is right on the beach!
    • Suite with City View

Room needs updating. Floors felt sticky. Check-in took quite some time and girl at desk was not very friendly.

Beds were very comfy! Decent sized room.

Worst place i have ever stayed dont make this mistake
    • Suite with City View

We booked a 1 bed suite with kitchen get to the hotel under construction and all those rooms were closed and we were given a regular hotel room dirty mold and rust in bathroom half painted walls. First room had no cable tv we had to pack everything back up and move to another room with a family of 5, 1 being a toddler not easy. They offered to refund us l, which would have done no good because no rooms were available in Daytona that weekend so they new we were stuck, they could have offered a % off of the room for all the problems we paid 140.00 for a regular room which we usually get 1bed rooms with kitchen per nite for that price highly recommend not staying at this property very unclean and to top it of the location is next to beach access road where all these customised cars shoe up on the weekends and park. We had load cars revving there cars up at 2 am in the morning woke are baby up. Fights and 10 police cars and screaming then we try to leave and EVERY time we try to get out of the parking lot its blocked off by cars parked in the road all around the worst place we have ever stayed. Do yourself a favor and don't we usually don't leave reviews but it was so bad if i can save someone from making the mistake we did its worth this review..

Location was great

Perfect location in the heart of Daytona Beach.
    • Double Room with City View

I didn't like not having consistent cable or internet, but I had a mobile hot spot so that helped.

The building is being renovated and we were given the option to cancel our reservation at no cost. The building was in the process of being renovated when the the hurricane hit. The roof was blown off of the building facing the ocean. The water went down four floors. The room we were in was very nice and the layout was a little different and I loved that. The people were extremely courteous and helpful. I would stay there again.

Not at all worth the high rate.
    • Ocean Front Double Room

The breakfast left a lot to be desired.they served biscuits and gravy one morning and the biscuits were as cold as if they had been brought straight out of the fridge and hadn't even been heated thank goodness the gravy was warm enough to kind of heat the biscuit. And one morning I walked around the corner and the front desk attendant was on the computer playing a game. The stairwells looked as though they hadn't seen a broom nor repair in years and metal frames and salt water air well you can imagine I was not impressed with the property at all for the price

So disappointed
    • Double Room with City View

Did not disclose that the wifi and cable were not working. The building is under construction wasn't disclosed during booking. They refused to give a credit for no Wi-Fi and no cable. Nighht club played loud music until 2:30 am.

Access to the beach

Being a beach property with easy access to the beach.
    • Double Room with City View

The property is under renovations so it was very noisy after 9am so don't plan on sleeping late.

Being a beach property with easy access to the beach. The bar restaurant across the street from the property was very friendly, had great service, and good food.

Disappointed

See above

We did not get the room we requested nor the floor we requested. Was advertised as having a full kitchen and it did not. No chairs other than table chairs...very disappointed and will not go back.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Double Room with City View

The room needed minor repairs that would have improved it. The stairs were dirty and had abandoned clothing that was never removed.

The bed was comfortable. The staff was really friendly.

It was okay
    • Suite with City View

When we came into the hotel the lady at the counter was rude to us we even thought about canceling because of her alone but because we booked online we could not cancel without it costing us quite a bit of money so we stayed anyway.. the room was okay except for a dead roach on the bathroom floor.

The pool and view where great

It was just okay a little bit let down
    • Suite with City View

The room was nice size but I expected more and better like 2 bigger TV the breakfast was not very well organized and too many people for the small area. The room could have been cleaner and the parking was terrible. I will probably never stay here again when I come to visit my son.

Really the pool was nice and the beach

Family vacation
    • Suite with City View

The room was set up weird and there was still cups left in the window sill. A room below us was selling drugs or if there room you could watch it, and they was smoking pot and we complained but they continued to do it.

The location is beautiful, it is right on the beach.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

location was great, good breakfast, offered extra towels and...
    • Suite with City View

could have been cleaner, had to get clean sheet, they had stains on them when we went to open beds, floors need work they are getting bad, railing on third floor a little scary just plastic pvc.

location was great, good breakfast, offered extra towels and things if you needed them.

August 2017 visit
    • Double Room with City View

Because the location is at intersection of main roads, there was a lot of vehicle noise at night - three different times I was woken up to the sound of passing emergency vehicles.

The pool is large and right off of the ocean, and the location was walking distance to the Pier (we traveled with a 4 and 7 year old) - plenty of restaurants and fun things to do. Morning breakfast isn't geared for kids (plain cereal options), but for the adults it had good options. Staff was very nice, and room was clean.

It was a tiny walk to the beach, beach is very clean, beach...
    • Ocean Front Double Room

It was a tiny walk to the beach, beach is very clean, beach offers snow cones, ice cream and drinks for sale, you can rent two large lounge chairs and an umbrella for $30.00 for the whole day. Which is cheaper then buying the chairs and umbrella and dragging them around. Next time I will rent. We were happy with the Boardwalk Inn, except being so close to the ocean it's really hard not to track sand in the hotel. Washer and dryer on first floor and ice machine to fill your cooler. If our family goes back to Daytona, we will stay here again. The breakfast waffles were awesome! It's just a nice clean place and they have security people riding bicycles and walking in pairs up and down the streets with the restaurant's and the gift shops. There are several police cars patrolling too.

good
    • Double Room with City View

The price waz a little high. The hotel needed a little fresh paint.

The property was right in the middle of thr boardwalk. It was loxated on the beach.

For $150 dollars a night I didn't expect the Hilton but it was drab and not up to the expect. of pic
    • Suite with City View

scrambled eggs didn't taste like real eggs, outdated rooms, exterior needs tlc. not much to choose from at breakfast. waffle mix at 8:30 a.m. was empty ,orange juice was empty.

waffles, coffee

Friendly people and close to the beach.
    • Double Room with City View

Other people staying there was smoking pot in there car right outside our door. I mean it's whatever but there are kids and stuff all around there.

Friendly people and close to the beach.

The location of this place is what I liked most of all.
    • Double Room with City View

The location of this place is what I liked most of all. It is on the beach and the access to go from the beach to the hotel was great. Definitely would come back to this location.

Not a Bad visit, I would stay again if I could get a cheaper room rate!
    • Double Room with City View

The breakfast area up stairs was hot! (No a/c, just a fan). the eggs were not good, salt, pepper or hot sauce didn't even help them. The lady fixing the food was NOT very friendly. Parking was tight! (don't like double parking! No lights out at the pool at night. (BUT it was explained why: because of the turtles!!! Very young children where out in the pool with NO adult supervision at all. We headed to room at 10 pm and finally 2 adults did walk to the pool area. Kids were running around pool and jumping on the ladders into the water. Very dangerous!

The room was fine. We did like that the t.v. and air was on when we walked in room. Debbie at check in was GREAT! Glad that she was there at check out too! We did ask for later check out and got an hour. That was just fine. Not all the lights worked in the room either.

Nice
    • Ocean Front Double Room

Not enough tower or paper tower for bathroom also shampoo I only got too even do we were 4 people thank and I feel you need light on the pool it say close at 11 and why close if you staying on the hotel , not fair should be open 24 hours with light on

It was a excellent view

24 hours of fun and relaxation
    • Double Room with City View

The beds have very hard mattresses. The scrambled eggs at breakfast are very dry and bland.

The rooms were clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool area was very relaxing and clean.If you come in early they will let you check in if they have a room available

Was ok ... but would like something more modern and bigger. Too far from boardwalk area.
    • Double Room with City View

Cramped room, bath facilities outdated.

Location and accessibility to beach were great. Room was extremely cramped. Updating of bath facilities is needed. But it was our first attempt at Daytona so it was ok.cramped

Not too bad...
    • Double Room with City View

Some of the staff could have been a lot friendlier, and the breakfast could have had more of a variety and been served at a better temperature.

The property was great for the price. The property is located right on the beach (bonus), and the pool has a beautiful view of the beach (extra bonus). The rooms were a nice size, and beds pretty comfy. The breakfast was not one of the better continental breakfasts I have had at other properties (even ones I have booked through booking.com), but it was decent. I only at their once during my three day stay (if that gives you any idea of how it was). The staff was okay. A majority of the staff was very nice, however other staff members seem to not really want to be there, and made it very evident. All in all the location and price were awesome, and the facility was decent. I would give this property another try however in a different style room.

Horrible Experience !!!
    • Suite with City View

The parking situation. Not enough spaces for the amt of rooms. If you park. Certain area you MUST give them your car keys. Time inconvenience.The website says "Hotel" and it is a motel! False advertising! The rooms were semi clean and way outdated! The hot breakfast was a joke they don't make enough food for how many people go eat so it's either waiting forever for fresh or go buy breakfast else where. All the staff except the lady at front desk were extremely rude. We expected some sort of smell how close it is to the ocean but all around the place has a gross musty rotting trash mixed with ocean disgusting smell . Will NEVER recommend this motel.

How close on the beach it was.

Pool was big and clean.
    • Double Room with City View

The parking is really inconvienent, the room was super tiny, and the window unit didn't cool the whole room. Also there was no ac in the breakfast area or elevators, which was very uncomfortable.

Pool was big and clean. The manager say by the gate and made sure no non guests entered the pool area. The beach was beautiful.

Wonderfull clean hotel
    • Ocean Front Double Room

One of the staff memberssmarted off to me i was getting ready to put my decal on my window before he was already demanding for me to put it up

The cleanliness of the room was exellent the breakfeast was good as well

It was ok more for the younger crowd with kids
    • Ocean Front Double Room

The floor was vinyl wood looking and my wife had white socks on that turned black mop the floor people !grout needed cleaning in bath and bedspread was dated and need replaced

Location right on the beach and close to a lot

I'll NEVER stay there again!
    • Double Room with City View

No "city view", floor was dirty, door wouldn't open or shut without slamming, the parking, people arguing outside, and everything looked and was old. Not updated at all!!

The waffles I made for myself at the breakfast buffet were the only good thing!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

I love the breakfast!
    • Suite with City View

Our pull out couch was broken, they did replace it but didn't take the other couch out. Then my bed was sunken in and i looked under to see the the wood was broken.

I love the breakfast!

Clean but sloppy. Nothing special.
    • Suite with City View

Staff was not friendly but not rude. Could use a little customer friendly training. Breakfast person doesn't seem to want to be there. Hire someone that does. Room had too much humidity in it. Paint over tile in bathroom looked sloppy. No light bulbs in fixture.

The location was perfect for our trip. Also liked that the parking was close.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Definitely a party hotel and could use some updating
    • Double Room with City View

Roomed smelled of smoke and chlorine so we moved to another room. Smell was much better. Beds were super hard and it was hard to keep the room at same temp. It would get cold on high and warm on low. Unfortunately we couldn't get an in between. Breakfast was ok. Not a fan of fake eggs

Convienance

Staff needs happy pills
    • Suite with City View

Staff was unfriendly and had attitudes from hell. Parking is cramped Heard drums tapping rom band at bar across from the street until 4 in morning. Hard to sleep and remain sane.

Location. Underground parking

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

good beachfront for the price
    • Suite with City View

a little noisy at night , you can hear people in other rooms and outside.

I liked that it is so close to the beach and boardwalk and the staff is so friendly and helpful.Rooms are clean and the pool and hot tub access to the beach is awesome

Not great. Would preferably stay somewhere else next time.
    • Double Room with City View

When it's busy you have to double park and leave your keys at the office so they can move your car If someone wants to leave. The noise was awful. We had a room near the parking lot. I would ask for a ocean side if I ever had stay there again. It was clean but very old like a lot of hotels in Daytona. I don't think it's worth the price just because it's close to everything. We didn't sleep much at all for all the noise and the hotel wouldn't do anything about it. I will definitely stay somehwere else next time. Breakfast was not very good either. We are there the first morning then went to IHOP Sunday instead.

The location is good for driving on the beach and close to the action and boardwalk. Within walking distance for everything.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

6.0
    Nice to visit, wouldn't want to live there
    • Double Room with City View

The parking is extremely tight and the facilities are dated. Kids splash pad on the pool deck is non-functional. The elevators are small and stuffy, and there are no visible public bathrooms anywhere near the pool. Staff was helpful but not overly enthusiastic about anything. Many bars close by, but not a lot of restaurants.

This hotel is all about the location. It is right on Daytona Beach and adjacent to the vehicle entrance to the beach. The pool is fantastic and the pool deck has a great view.

Browse Boardwalk Inn and Suites traveller photo gallery