Reviews of Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton 4 stars

999 East Camino Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432, USA

#15 of 25 hotels in Boca Raton

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

The restaurant nothing special despite good selection of beverages. They charge the resort fee even though you never go to the seaside. Resort fee is not communicated by the host when you check in.

Location and staff of hotel was excellent

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Added costs on arrival, Resort Tax $27 per day, Parking $22 per day, City Tax $8.42 per day, State Tax $9.82 per day and Misc-Sales Tax $1.54 per day makes a reasonable priced hotel room expensive. The weather was awful during our stay but the resort tax s non optional so we still had to pay it even though we were unable to use most of the items that it includes!

Great room and views

• Two Room King Suite with Balcony and Water View

The noise, we were on the 9th floor, they had a band in the bar from 7:00pm to 10:00pm, sounded like they were in the room. The room had only single pane glass so the noise from the wind & rain was unbearable, we were so glad we only stayed two nights and were excited to go home & have a good nights rest.

The staff were really nice, we had breakfast both days, unfortunately because of the rain it was pack & noisy but the staff were very nice.

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

The property was absolutely beautiful But the room wer a disaster I had to go buy Pine-Sol, bleach and a disposable mop I never thought on a vacation I would have to clean the room in order to sleep I found other people's travel itinerary and other documents under the couch dated almost a year ago. When I was looking for places to stay in Boca Raton the online pictures were amazing but when I got there I just could not believe the state of my room! I literally ran my finger across the top of the TV and it was black not to mention it was a rainy week and the actual elevator leaked!!! A piece of advice please don't try to order any mixed drinks that require a blender I offered to go to CVS or Kmart to buy them a blender so I could have a pina colada or strawberry daiquiri it was absolutely unbelievable! They do have a small boutique but good luck getting in it someone from the front desk has to open it for you because they keep it locked most of the time.. I was able to get in there once but everytime I ask to go in again they would actually tell me they were to busy to open the door! If anyone is thinking of staying here I absolutely advise you not to... The room smelled muskie and moldy I just could not believe it, if it was not because of the fortune we paid to stay there I would have left in a heart beat but they refused to give us any of the money back due to non-refundable issues and I had booked this room almost 2 months ago... Oh and another thing I don't know about the other floors but if they try to put you on the 9th floor please ask for another room there vending machine was out of everything but managed to charge my card even though it gave you the option to cancel purchase if item was out of stock so I paid $9 for a Coke I never got I suggest using cash if you try to get a beverage out of their machine do not use your credit card.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible with Balcony and Water View

Room was noisy due to bridge opening and closing. They didn’t tell us at checkin that we were paying a resort fee additional to the room charge. That included some great free items and we missed out on them.

Love the location, views

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

When we asked the valet guys a question they didn’t know anything and would say go ask inside. That was disappointing.

The hotel shuttle was great for vacation. He was super friendly and knowledgeable about where we wanted to go. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Two Room King Suite with Balcony and Water View

The mattress was horrible. Mattress needed to be changed. Or maybe just flipped. But would not go back just because of the mattress.

room and view were nice

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

No daily newspaper and not sold in the gift shop was disappointing

This hotel was stunning! The room was modern and fresh with an amazing view. I would highly recommend it.

Next time I may spring for a larger room!

The property was wonderful. The views from our room were amazing. Very close to the beach. I loved watching the boats go by!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

The only downside is road noise from the bridge in the morning, other than that it's faultless.

Great location on the water, close to the beach, free shuttle anywhere in 3 mile radius, boat hire right from the hotel, great service from all the staff especially Cliff on the front desk who made us feel very welcome and really helped us get the most from the hotel and all its facilities.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

They had 2 weddings and many events over the weekend , main restaurant closed for lunch , they catered to the events which I was not a part of, overcrowded for sure, the restaurant that was open had an hour wait, and I was told twice that they had a trolly if I needed to leave and go somewhere else to eat!

Beautiful location, polite staff

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Found a hair on my sheet before going to bed, staff very responsive, otherwise, was clean

Location, staff was great and very accommodating, really nice hotel

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

Staff was always pleasant. But didn’t always deliver. We were left on the road by the beach, with all of our equipment, for 45 minutes after calling for the promised hotel shuttle. Only to find that our messages were not being passed on. In addition, room service took three times as long as they promised, the only time that we tried it.

The outdoor area, the swimming pool and the general location. Just beautiful!

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Room and hallway were dirty and the renovation was sloppy. Photos did not quite depict that the bridge and traffic were literally right outside our 'waterview' room. The windows were not sound proof. Slept poorly due to noise. The second we checked in we asked to change rooms, and they said no they were overbooked. It was only 5:00, i guarantee that not everyone had checked in yet. Upset that they didn't try to accomodate us.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Access

Room not clean, stains on walls. Food was below average and wait staff were frazzled and overwhelmed. Bartender not paying attention and no clean towels at pool. Shuttle driver was awesome and valet guys sweet, also man at egg station was very kind. Resort and valet fees too high so my room was not $249 per night but $300 plus tax per night. Way too much for an average hotel.

Friendly drivers and valets

Highly overpriced. The mandatory Additional cost for spa etc was a joke.

Helpful and positive personal. Reception, Restaurang and the room was adequate.

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

The main picture is not accurate - it's not a hotel, it's a view from the window (as we were told later at the reception). Quite old, only one pool - why resort then?

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

I was overcharged for parking for all 4 days despite confirming that I will be charged for only 2 days on checkout (that's how long we had our car parked). I have called the front desk and also emailed but they have yet to amend my billing. Housekeeping is poor and on the day before checking out the housekeeping staff did the bare minimum to clean the room. The resort fee is not justified as the facilities are bare min. This is not a resort but more like a standard hotel. Access to the beach is via hotel shuttle and not walking as you might think it is. The pool is also just passable.

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Fantastic hotel, immaculately clean everywhere, lovely spacious modern room and luxury shower room. Staff could not be nicer and the Valet parking guys were the best we have encountered anywhere.

The croissants were stale (super market stuff) Price for breakfast buffet does not even include coffee mysterious "resort fee" expensive parking fees possible room charges have to be prepaid with a daily lump sum

Spacious rooms good location

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Not the hotel's fault but had very noisy neighbors on different nights on either side of our room- hotel should keep wedding guests and convention guests who may be up late and intoxicated near each other.

The hotel is wonderful especially the location.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

The parking situation is awful. You are charged extra everyday and are forced into using the vale service as the lot available otherwise is often full. The wait service in the restaurant for breakfast and the wait staff at the grill are disengaged with the exception of the bartender who is good and friendly.

Room was large and comfy with a terrace with a view of the imtercoastal

• King Room - Hearing Accessible with Balcony and Water View

The toilet was broken in room and they didn't have free breakfast for price of the room.it should be included

Quite staff text when I needed something they came fast there was no kids seen I looked for more romantic get away so it's was good

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

The hidden prices within Booking.Com for extra mandatory charges (taxes, resort fees). While the total was given, it was an additional $200 with all the extra mandatory charges. Also, the beach from the hotel wasn't nice and the gym was very limited.

Staff were nice and very attentive.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

Stronger arm from security needed to sort out unruly guests.

The position of the hotel is perfect with stunning views of the intracoastal and the sea. Breakast was excellent with loads of variety. Had a problem with noisy guests in adjacent room but staff were very good to us as they discounted our room. Greatly appreciated because it really was not their fault.

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

There is a lot of noise coming from passing cars from a draw bridge (plus bridge alarm and loud speaker everytime a boat will cross underneath the bridge) that woke up us at 7am On a Sunday.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

Resort fee and high parking fee. Would have preferred that be indicated in the cost of the room.

Great location in Boca Raton. Very lovely in the evening especially.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

A little more information up front. The internet was awful, could not get face time , could not get Netflix on my tablet I would not stay there again!

Not a lot of any thing , Every thing was extra , small bag of chips $4.00 really and had to go twice to front desk for some one to unlock the door so I could at least buy the afternoon snack.

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Other then the server at dinner, nothing was a good experience here.

Stay away from the even room numbers. Right by the bridge and major road, awful noise....

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Noise insulation was poor especially from the corridor as the door didn't seal completely. A new hotel is being built nearby which added to the noise at times, especially audible from the south inlet beach (closest to the hotel) but it should be finished soon!

The location, the bike hire, the pool and the staff who were very helpful and courteous. All in a great hotel and highly recommended.

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

The food was excellent the view was amazing, the shuttle service sealed the deal though. It opened up many more opportunities than we would've had otherwise.

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

All staff were friendly and very helpful. In additon; Chelsea at front desk was superb in accommodating my request for flowers and cupcakes to be in room prior to arrival and all was outstanding. I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Two Room King Suite with Balcony and Water View

Suites should not only be on the side of the bridge. The constant noise of cars was disappointing. Not peaceful. Room could have been cleaner, to many carpet stains, walls had dirty marks. I feel for the price I paid it should have been perfect.

Dog friendly, staff was helpful and professional. Hotel had a nice scent throughout.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Hotels restaurant is open to the public and the Hotel does not give the hotel residents preference. Waited more than 2 hours for a table. The restaurant manager is very disrespectful. She was very unpleasant.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• King Room with Balcony and Water View

The $25 resort charge is a lot for 2 bottles of water and pool side towels each day .and then there are the local taxes on top!!

Front desk staff and shuttle drivers very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

No food service after 10:45 PM. Inadequate linens in room. Fitness center was poorly equipped. "Water view" room had no view.

Facility was clean and in an excellent location.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• King Room with Balcony and Water View

For the price of that room, the window blind "metal chain pull" was cheap and ridiculous. Had to wait so long for the valeted car that we were late to a meeting on Friday night.

The room looked good.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• King Room with Balcony and Water View

After reading many reviews about the service and hotel, we checked in on our wedding night (9/18/16). Our online booking said we were staying for our wedding night. When we got there to check in (in full fluffy white wedding dress), Chelsey at the desk was kind of rude and throwing paperwork. I asked if there was any upgrade available (fully willing to pay) and the response was "you're already in a nice room." The next morning, we called down to ask about breakfast, learned it was for pay and pricey, so went out to eat. We went back to use the jet skis, to learn they were not covered by the "resort fee." Apparently, when it says you have access to jetskis and water stuff, it means "access to pay a large sum of money." I spoke to someone at the front desk that afternoon, she was nice and apologized. I learned the resort fee was for use of pool, towels, chairs, you know, stuff that is pretty standard at any cheap motel. She did however, give us vouchers for breakfast. The next morning, we went for breakfast with our vouchers that said "present to server when ordering" or something like that. As soon as the server saw the vouchers, told us to go to the buffet. We went to the buffet, the heating devices were unsafe, that we kept burning ourselves, the food was tasteless and to top if off the eggs were powdered eggs, the same that they make in prison. This was the $26 breakfast we got for free. Upon checkout, we revisited the $25 "resort fee" which is a load of garbage, mainly things that should be included in there like use of pool and towels. We were also hit with a parking fee, $16/night. This fee was supposed to cover valet, but no one told us that. We were just parking in the parking lot, assuming valet cost more money.We mentioned the breakfast, and found out we were supposed to be able to order anything for breakfast, not just the buffet.

The rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible with Water View

Eggs in the breakfast buffet were not fluffy. Seemed like a powdered processed product. Other items were delicious and fresh. The fitness center was pretty weak. It was very clean but aside from free weights there were only two cardio machines. Nothing else.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible with Water View

the night manager, i am sorry i can not remember her name, but she was fantastic in helping me with a number of questions and problem solving that had nothing to do with your property, she was a life saver. she is a young very pretty white lady.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Water View

Most of the staff was not friendly or helpful. They weren't rude, but rather seemed uncaring. Champagne reception included in Resort Fee - where was it?? it wasn't at the bar because when i ordered champagne i paid $10+. Every ashtray I was given was dirty and smoking areas were not kept clean (trash, dirty tables,etc). Wait staff inattentive.

Food was good. Room was nice and clean. Shuttled me to the Boca Resort for a conference. Shuttle drivers/bellmen were very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• King Room with Balcony and Water View

Paying 25.00 a day for things I was not using. Would rather pay for WiFi if thats what I wanted to use . Did not like the idea you allow pets. Had a barking dog for two days of our stay. If they need their pet put them on same floor.

very pleasant staff. Comfortable room

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• King Room with Balcony and Water View

Staff was the best but overpriced for what I received. The brunch was delicious but not worth the money. There was also an additional charge of almost 50$ which was absurd.

Staff

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Water View

I always dislike the fact thaf compulsory charges like "resort fee" are not rolled in into the rate - if the charges are compulsory and are not from third parties like taxes, then straight forward policy should be to include it. Otherwise it should be optional. It always leaves a bitter aftertaste.

Very nice location and view. We stayed unfortunately only one night so could not enjoy all facilities (which is why being forced to pay a "resort fee" always feels like you are being charged for something you did not use).

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• King Room with Balcony and Water View

Extremely overpriced, to the point of absurdity. The dinner and the breakfast is ludicrously expensive. They will find a way to charge you for nearly anything. Walls are paper thin so if you're next to loud people you will hear then.

On the water, decent food.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Having to leave

Everything. Beautiful landscape with not many tourists and great shuttle service. Poolside view also had beautiful tropical fish as shown in picture.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Water View

The bathroom could have been cleaner and we had to ask twice for shower gel as the maid did not restock.

The staff was super friendly and the location is perfect. Close to the water and downtown.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• King Room with Balcony and Water View

It would have been nice to use a valet if you chose to. Kept running out of ones to give each they took and brought back cat

Location.... Staff ... Pretty much everything

The only negative is that the hallway was not vacuumed.

The location, food, and staff are great.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

Breakfast service lousy Poorly trained officials

Draw bridge

That you charged me $500 for two nights

• King Room - Hearing Accessible with Balcony and Water View

Everything was perfect. I liked everything.

The personnel were very friendly and helpful.

Traffic noise.

The staff was amazing...so friendly and service oriented.

Hated everything about it

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

We really had a great stay if showers could be there for guess who have late flight that would be great

Perfect location friendly staff

Everything was great

Great view

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

The wait staff at the restaurant were lazy and rude.

It was clean

The rooms were terrible

Nothing at the hotel

$22 a night for parking

Very nice view from our room

Bathtub slippery with grab bar in wrong position overall bath too small

Location,view,food service & employees

Don't sofa

View

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

The views are amazing and the staff are just as wonderful!!!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

Charging for parking is a bit much. If you come with a car you have no choice but pay $22 a day which I found annoying.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

Water pressure in shower was terrible.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

Breakfast and dinner ( Amazing )

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Being overcharged for breakfast You had to use valet service for car parking as no other spaces available

breakfast is 26$ p.P. and VERY regular. so basically paid 60$ for 2 coffees, eggs, bagel and some fruit

Everyone was friendly

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Air conditioning and soft water

Convenient and price

More comfortable bed

• King Room with Balcony and Water View (2 Adults)

Staff were super helpful. Great hotel.

Noise from bridge

Every thing

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

The same breakfast. TV weath bad channel. Not comfortable bed.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony with Water View

$22.00 for overnight parking!