Reviews of Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites 3 stars

2901 North Federal Hwy, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA

#23 of 25 hotels in Boca Raton

nice people and clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The people that was staying at the hotel were smoking and drinking in the hallway, they look friendly but smoking, drinking and talking loud

People were really nice and the place was clean

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Never again for that price
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The smoking smell that came into my room from the outside. The room carpet was dirty and damp. The toilet kept on running had to call for repair. The stinch smell of the outside air was sour

It was near a lot of descent fast food restaurants

Long stay (10 days) but they made us so comfortable - 2 rooms, kitchen area, wonderful and clean

We are tough on reviews we give but this hotel did everything possible to treat each guest like a celebrity. When we had an issue about anything they over reacted to make us happy and comfortable. They are an awesome reflection on whoever trains them. Special thanks to Rose and to City Fish!

Never again!!!
    • King Suite

Location of room. I did not get what I paid for. When ask to change rooms, I was told they were ALL booked up. Next morning, I saw rooms in the area I booked that was available. In fact, the person at the front desk didn't even look at the bookings. The noise from the Quality Inn (which is next door) was loud and I was told to call the police. Buyer be ware.... You won't get that you pay for at the Hotel.

Food in restaurant was good

The location was convenient; but the price for the quality of the room was a bit high.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room had no area to sit and use my laptop. There was no door between the toilet and sink/shower.

The main entrance, restaurant and bar were impressive; but we did not use them as we were attending another function elsewhere.

Love Boca Raton. Love Boca Plaza.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The overall hotel could use updating but then the rates would have to go up and for ~$100/night, there's nothing to complain about. There is a gross hotel down the road that looks decent on the outside for about the same rate but the inside was so horrid ~ broken a/c, mildew, peeling stucco, no water pressure ~ that we checked out early and came back to this one. We travel quite a bit and this hotel is unbelievably nice for what we spent.

Clean rooms, fresh pillows, friendly staff. Good breakfast at the on-site restaurant.

I liked the fact that Danielle at the front desk was very...

The lobby was really beautiful but didn't match the rooms. Rooms looked dingy and looked nothing close to the pictures provided on site.

I liked the fact that Danielle at the front desk was very nice and cordial with the refund process..

Exactly what I expected. Typical Florida hotel that has been around for awhile. No problems.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

If you were looking for a workspace you might be a little disappointed. One chair in the room and a small round glass top table next to it.

Price was reasonable for this area.

Our third time there this year. Impossibly good price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pillows could have been softer but they were so big and the room is so nice for $110, it's impossible to seriously complain about anything.

Spotless room, great view of the palm trees from the balcony in room 202.

Excellent Customer Service, Great Value, Excellent Location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk staff were very friendly and took the time to answer any questions even when they were busy. Dani checked us in and was very helpful. The hotel was located close to places to eat and shop. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a convenient, affordable location in the Boca Raton Area.

Will definitely come back with more people!!!!

Gym space.

The best hotel experience I had so far. The way staff (Vinny) greeted and informed us about the facilities while checking in (at2am) was surprising!! humorous and informative! Not over crowded.. The bed sheets were laid tightly and very clean. The hotel is walking distance to beaches, rivers, parks, restaurants, supermarkets, and more.. went jogging and seen beautiful nearby homes following Spanish river signs. Dog park/beach is about a 20-30 minute walk. The laundry room was 2 doors away from our room. Amazing view from our balcony and even to the room intrance. Hotels restaurant with quality food and live music (somenights)

Good place to stay if your looking for someplace centrally located.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Gym was OK but the machines need to be upgraded and the room is small.

We enjoyed the breakfast and the room was great. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Location was great also. Was able to get around easily.

Disappointed
    • King Suite

Que en linea driven una cosa,diferente,present an otra en persona

Lo limpio,toallas bien lavadas el expacio to pequeno ,I rent for 5 personas.,wasn't clear on line

Will spend a little more money next time for quality. Photos far diff from what u get when there
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that after 35 rings on the phone to the front desk, no answer. Seems to be a thing in most hotels lately. If you have to leave your post,m have a backup person there. Owner prob too cheap to pay someone else to work.

Did not like the fact that room service removed our used...

Did not like the fact that room service removed our used bath towels but never replaced them. Little kitchen area was infested with ants. They did change our room for the second day stay but that was mainly because the magnetic keys to the room were reset and not working as they should.

Don't waste your money here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms needed updating, carpet was stained, there was broken baseboard tiles, old and new paint colors on the door, it was loud, elevator was slow and slightly scary. I felt like I was staying at a motel 6. The pictures online gave me high expectations that were not met. The room and beds seemed way too tiny. Even the lamps were dingy. Staff in the hotel restaurant were absolutely terrible and slow, I stood there for 10 minutes waiting for the waitress to bring me a high chair after I asked and she continued to walk past me and serve other tables for 10 minutes till I got one!! Then we had to get our own menus because she kept forgetting those. We got our drinks and she forgot about my coffee and by the time our food came 25 minutes after we ordered it and I still hadn't been brought my coffee I told her to forget it. Miserable experience for sure. We come to Boca every year and will not use this hotel for our stay again! I almost wish I could get a refund that's how miserable it was.

I liked the shampoo and conditioner.

Not a pleasant stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was very noisy due to traffic close to room. The AC unit was very old and did not work well. A bug crawled on my daughter as we were sleeping . We left the hotel within 5 hours of check in due to unsatisfactory conditions . Also I was charged twice for this room in error .

The staff was understanding when my complaints were made and request for reimbursement were acknowledged . However I was charged twice for this room that was not worth the price to begin with . I am currently waiting to see if this second charge will be removed .

The location is the best feature for certain.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

From the images on booking.com I did not realize the hotel was a motel style with outdoor halls and room doors right off parking lot.

The location is the best feature for certain. Staff was friendly.

Staying for two nights was acceptable but could not have stayed any longer - too dated.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel in general was old and in need of updating. The carpet in the room was worn and dirty. Although the bathroom was clean it too was in need of updating. For the condition, the room was overpriced.

The beds were very comfortable and the linens were clean. The service staff were friendly and helpful. The room was serviced quickly and early during the day which allowed us to return to a clean room.

Air conditioner was very noisy and ran more than what was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioner was very noisy and ran more than what was expected. Towel bar in bathroom wasn't secure on wall behind toilet. Not enough towel bars....had to ask for hangers for closet which was very small. Refrigerator was precarious with microwave sitting on top of it.

Will not stay here again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel rooms are nothing more than musty smelling motel rooms in much need of renovation!

The restaurant was good- food was good and prices were very reasonable.

Desk staff friendly and helpful
    • King Suite

Towel rack fell off the wall. Others need tightening. Slow staff response to call to assist in opening door. No response to request to re-attach towel rack.

Desk staff friendly and helpful

Stressful and contentious.

Management kept harassing me about music, talking loudly and threatening eviction without any compensation. Never had this problem nor was it warranted. Nasty guy and very untactful. Could have offered to move us to a room where people at 10 pm weren’t sleeping.

Bed was comfortable

Great stay overall.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was nice the only thing I noticed was trash behind the curtain from whoever stayed prior to me.

Check in was quick and easy. Staff was very friendly and made you feel comfortable. The our place spot had very good food, I had dinner.

Enjoyed our stay; will definitely return!
    • King Suite

Furnishings in the room we a bit outdated but can’t find anything else to add to dislike.

We loved the friendliness of the staff and the convenient location. Our Place was awesome! Michael made us feel like regulars and every meal was excellent.

Roaches in the room and the staff could care less.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

For 160.00 a night I didn’t expect to have roachs not only in the room but had one crawling on my head. And of course the hotel staff said it might of been a palmetto bug. No it was German roaches in the room. I live in Florida now and know the difference. Also the rug was old, ripped and smelled of mildew. The furniture is old and worn so for 160.00 a night you can find something a lot better.

Location was fine.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Just the right amount of perfect!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There isn't much that I didn't like but the parking spaces are very cramped for vehicles over a compact car. My mother's Toyota Tacoma would barely fit, we had to squeeze in and out of the truck.

The location was perfect. We were literally down the street from the beach. The room was nice and clean, the beds were massive and the bathroom (which is most important to me) were clean and fresh.

4.5
    I forgot my cell phone charger in room.

I forgot my cell phone charger in room. Called hotel same day. They told me they would call me back after speaking to housekeeping . Never received a phone call back. Poor customer service.?

Very comfortable and reasonable price wise.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wish we were in south building instead of north.

The staff! Leah ( front desk ) was very helpful. Kathy in the restaurant made us feel very welcome and Tanya at the tiki bar was the go to person if you needed something or information. Had a great time!

Bitter/sweet
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The decor could use an upgrade. And house cleaning could do a bit more cleaning. All they did was offer us more towels and rags and made the bed.

It's was close to denny's, Ihop and shopping areas. There's a mall 14 minutes away.

Extra charge breakfast was really good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I would rather say this is a motel not a hotel. Standard very poor. Doors and and windows have not good tightness.there was huge hole between doorframe and doors. You can hear everything from outside.a/c and refrigarator very loud.no breakfast included.old building. For 100usd per night we expected a little bit more...

Extra charge breakfast was really good

WAS A SHORT STAY, BUT WAS VERY COMFORTABLE.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

LOUD DRUNKS AT THE BAR BY THE POOL. HAD TO PARK A TOO FAR AWAY FROM MY ROOM, BUT PARKING WAS FREE.

VERY CLEAN. BED COMFORTABLE. STAFF VERY POLITE.

Good overall room was too small

Too small

I didn’t like it, too small, not big enough for me, I am going back to be in Deerfield Beach, I book more than 9 tomes with you for the last 12 months I still haven’t get the free night, may switch to an other booking co that give free night

Smelly Hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The smell was bad particularly the elevator. The girl that checked me in was rude. The hot tub was cold. There was a light in front of the gym area that was blinking like a strobe light. Their air conditioners were leaking, they did have someone the next day mopping it up, but it was most of them and I believe this contributed to the smell.

I like the pool layout and that they provide a printer to print out flight tickets. The cleaning staff was nice.

Great value for the cost!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great value for the money. Was a bit concerned about the band at the tiki bar upon arrival but they were done playing by 7 pm. Would recommend for an inexpensive stay in Boca. Staff were very friendly.

A dangerous dump
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was exposed to the outside with no security. There were unsavory characters sitting in the stairwell outside my door. The rooms are old and the carpets are worn and stained. The bed is hard and the pillows are not comfortable. The halls have cracked concrete with puddles. Honestly I was afraid for my safety and woke up with terrible back ache. This place is a dump.

There is a restaurant on the premises and a Denny’s next door.

The room is clean. Centrally located.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The tub was stopped up. They put a hold on our card so we couldn’t pay with cash upon check out. The refrigerator is very loud. You can hear doors slamming and showers going all night long.

The sheets and comforters are white so the bed looks crisp and clean. Soap, shampoo and conditioner is provided in case you need them. The towels were nice and white.

I would recommend this Hotel to a family member or friend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Fitness Center should open earlier than 7:00 am.

I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis. The staff allowed me to work out in the Fitness Center during off hours. We had breakfast in the Restaurant (using our 20% off coupon we were given upon checking in), the food was good and the Waiter was very attentive. I would recommend this Hotel.

Not the best place to escape a hurricane
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room temp was not good. Fridge wouldn't cool. Had to be moved to a second room. AC units kept leaking outside, keeping the walkways full of puddles

The pool looks beautiful at night

we will never stay @ this hotel again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

we stayed there during Hurricane Irma as we had to evacuate. the room was in sad shape. the sliding door was broken and off the track. there was a gap at the slider and the entrance door so the rain was coming in through them. the power went out and there was no generator.

not much!

best hotel staff in palm beach
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I liked how they allowed me to stay in the hotel given the coming hurricane and they helped my mom and I have a really nice stay ..the power came back on in a different room and they allowed us to move to the room and showed excellent customer service even given the hurricane conditions and stress ..five stars

Don't believe the pictures shown!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything. It's dirty, ugly and poorly maintained. I didn't even feel safe, nor did my family. The rooms are awful, everything smells, customer service is non existent. The walls are thinner than paper, I could tell you all about the life of the person staying in the room next to us. The pictures and the site couldn't be more far from the truth, quite the hoax.

Nothing at all

• King Suite

Had a little issue when it was time to check out. The housekeeping person was kind of rude, well came off a bit rude. Other than that it was an ok stay, the room was big and great for the price.

Close to restaurants

Bed was comfy and room was very spacious!

They charge a 2.99 fee for amenities, as internet and other, but we didn't have internet during our stay. When we arrived they informed it would be back at 8 PM... but when we checked out, the manager said it would only be back on Monday. We needed wi-fi to work and we simply hadn't and they wouldn't even give us a discount. Was way too expensive for a poor service.

Bed was comfy and room was very spacious!

Nice location and friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place did not have a backup generator...i booked 3 night stay and rooms were sold out everywhere so when i get to hotel they made me sign waiver that i knew there is no generator and i had to stay...unfortunately we lost power at hotel for last 24 hours of our stay there and the heat was unbearable....I would never go back there in the future this reason only.

Nice location and friendly staff.

I have to change from a regular size room to a king size...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have to change from a regular size room to a king size suite that was awsome, and the reason for it was because we had a problem with eletricity and the power went off on my previous room.

My stay was very relaxing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing, i was very impressed with the hotel.

The bed was really comfortable, like a cloud. The staff was really friendly and the pool was really clean.

Restaurant was great, pool is open to the public so that was...

Restaurant was great, pool is open to the public so that was odd and be prepared to pay more than whats stated for all the fees and taxes for this area, shouldve stayed somewhere else on the beach for the same $

The housekeeping staff was extra nice, friendly & very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bar tender in the mornings was not very friendly and charged us way too much for cokes while we sat at the pool. The mattresses were worn & not very comfortable.

The housekeeping staff was extra nice, friendly & very good at their job, the service at the restaurant was great, the food was delicious. The entertainment in the restaurant was great. The hotel site is beautiful & kept well. The pool side entertainment was quite enjoyable.

Everything great except the nasty carpet!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The carpet in the room had to be from 1980. It was damp and sticky...pretty gross! Asked if there were any rooms without carpet we could move to and we were told they all had the old carpeting in them. This hotel would be so much better if they'd just invest in new carpeting...everything else in the rooms was nice and updated.

Location, nice lobby and pool area

1st time @ Boca Raton Plaza with family
    • King Suite

parking lot was small. Needs spots for people hauling boats/trailers. we usually travel for work and we haul boats so if we were looking for a place to stay. we would first look for proper parking to keep our load safe. If we had been hauling something, we would have went another hotel due to parking issue. Luckily, this time we delivered boat before our stay with 3 of our children so there was ample parking for our 4 door truck. place could use bigger parking lot to ensure safe parking for all customers. Not sure the tiki bar should be so close to the pool since there are children swimming near by. Drunks and kids dont mix. I dont want my 16 year old daughter getting harassed by some man who's been drinking at the bar next to us.

enjoyed the pool, nice room, clean, and nice staff. beautiful area.

Liked the laid back atmosphere and service was excellent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Little scary... police had a unit driving through and behind, there was three more. They were looking for someone... Also, there was a used needle in the parking area by my car. NOT good.

customer service was excellent. front desk and maintenance were amazing. LOVED the restaurant, Our Place. food was fantastic, service was great.

Stay was nice because of Area will not return to hotel
    • King Suite

The picture of the pool on the web site for hotel IS NOT the pool at location there was no swim up bar . We were there to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary when I told the person at the front desk to ask if there was anything special they could do . She wasn't bothered not even a congratulations

The location was close to everything

Lobby is very nice and the restaurant is fantastic.
    • King Suite

Room was dated and musty. No linens for the pull out couch and the bathroom was just slightly larger than an airplane lavatory

Lobby is very nice and the restaurant is fantastic. Staff was great

The stay was very good and would stay there again
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property was located convenient to areas we needed to get to, the beach, the south florida fairgrounds for graduation, relatives home. The food in the restaurant was good but slow getting served after ordering. The staff was excellent, friendly an helpful. Would definetly stay there again.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Restaurant staff was awesome, food was excellent and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Complained of mold in the bathroom upon arrival, staff did nothing to correct or clean. Room was dusty and carpet dirty. Beds were lumpy and worn.

Restaurant staff was awesome, food was excellent and reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Very nice for the money
    • King Suite

When I arrived I wanted to have a drink by the outdoor bar to enjoy the evening, but I was driven away by cigarette smoke. Then I went for a swim in the outdoor pool to try enjoy the sun and nice fresh air, but I had to endure breathing the toxins of people's cigarette smoke blowing in the outdoor bar and pool area. I wish they did not allow smoking AT ALL on the premises.

The Lobby was very attractive, the staff were friendly and efficient, it had a Pool and bar, and most of all it was quiet and I slept well

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Love Boca Raton
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room on the third floor, north tower needs an update. A little tired looking!

The restaurant was excellent! Beds were comfortable, clean room, great location for beach activities..,

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

A good quality friendly and caring hotel, good value good service.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The change of towels every day was excellent and the quality of the bath towels first class. The rooms were cleaned promptly and without fuss. The restaurant was very welcoming and provided first class fare, good prompt service, and the bar was a wellstocked haven for the occassional evening drink. A Big thank you to Maritz for the help she gave me.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Nice place but a bit overpriced and more of a retired folks place
    • King Suite

The pool wasn't as "heated" as we expected. The hot tub was so hot we couldn't use it. One of the waitresses in the restaurant was rude at first but after another patron told her off she became much friendlier.

The bed was super comfy and the staff that cleaned up the room while we were away was stealthy and very thorough! The room was very spacious with a king size bed and pullout couch. Kids stayed in a room with 2 double beds and a rollaway and they still had plenty of room.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

The hotel is NOT a 3 star hotel.
    • King Suite

The hotel room was not clean. The suite was supposed to sleep 5 and it was not able to. The Sofabed was broken. The hotel was NOT 3 star quality.

The lobby and restaurant were nice.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Change three rooms to find the room no humid smell smell...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Change three rooms to find the room no humid smell smell find cockroach in room dead inform them Saturday morning we left Tuesday it was in same place

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Excellent housekeeping.

King bed was not level, and spouse could not sleep well for 26 nights. Filthy carpet and unkempt catwalk outside doors.

Excellent housekeeping. Pool and bar areas were terrific.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Convenient location but noisy and smoky
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very noisy traffic, which could be heard through the door which has gaps around it, lots of noisy children in pool area, lots of smoking in pool area and pool bar, no easy chair of any kind in the room, and dirt accumulated on rug, and air conditioner on outside windows put water out on the walkway and running down the stairs most of the time

The restaurant on site had a good selection, and the front desk was very accomodating

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

A friendly comfortable stay in Boca.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lighting in the room was miserably poor. The bathroom sink area extremely narrow.

The bed was very comfortable. The restaurant food was excellent and the staff accomodative and friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

The lobby was very nice and convenient location.

Rooms are dated and hot tub was closed which was a reason I chose this place. It was right on the highway so you could hear the noise. Pool area got crowed not large enough for the size of the hotel.

The lobby was very nice and convenient location. Nice to have the tiki bar by the pool to get food and drinks. Overall food was very good.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Main hotel building is the bomb!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

You need to be more clear with the discount price and the type room you would be getting.

I liked the customer service because we were not happy with our,room,and they moved us promptly. My daughters will be coming in May i,am going to highly recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Boca
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was on the corner right off of Federal Highway, very noisy. There is a frieght train that comes a couple of times a night. And the Restraunt didn't offer what was on the menu. No hot water and when I asked at the desk I was told "run it for 15 min." Ever see My Cousin Vinny? This place is like that

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Descent Breakfast that I paid for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

NO Map of complex...two buildings and didn't know where to park...had to go back to desk to find out how to get WiFi in my room!

Descent Breakfast that I paid for...but, Sausage Links were VERY GREASY and not very Appealing...Waiter was very Pleasant...GREAT coffee!! Thank you!!

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

It was a long disgusting night.

The room is decorated like the 1950's. It was dirty, dingy and the sofa bed was unsleepable. They gave us another one which also was horrible. The mattress was about one inch thick. The porta crib was so wobbly that my daughter was afraid to let her baby sleep in it. There was dust bunnies in the bathroom that were as big as pieces of fruit. We were supposed to stay three nights, but we decided to check out after one disgusting and long night. The price was good, but we would have done better to sleep in our rental van.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Good Hotel / Location

Check-in person was rather abrupt / unfriendly. Parking space was limited with a full hotel.

Location close to everything we needed to see / do.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Nice place, dont speak to staff
    • King Suite

most of staff not trained, not helpful, argumentative with other guests, wait staff seem out put out with someone comes into restaurant. they need new management that can install resort level service

nice resort, tiki bar well maintained

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Not Very Good.. 21 year old parties
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had four 21 year olds staying next to me and they were loud from 11 pm until 4 am. It was a horrible experience. I will never go back again. The lady at the front desk was horrible and rude, She actually told me that if I did not like the noise level at 3 am I should had left the hotel at 3 am. They were not responsible for for the noise.

Two staff members were apologetic , and gave me a free night.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Nice place, great location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Someone should go out to tge pool area every morning to ckean it up. Atleast scoop the debris out of the pool and hot tub. They were very dirty. Otherwise our stay was perfect.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

For price was ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location of free computer wasn't private Worms found in my room Late night someone tried to open the door mistakenly thought was their room - excess drinking perhaps

Staff was great