Reviews of Bolger Hotel and Conference Center 3 stars

9600 New Bridge Drive, Potomac, MD 20854, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Potomac

• Deluxe Double Room

Just be advised, the "sleeps 2" rooms are not in the same building as the "sleeps 4" rooms. We didn't know this when we booked, but booking.com staff helped us sort it out.

Staff was helpful, placed our 4 rooms together.

• Deluxe Double Room

The TV,too small, you need an uegent update.A used my iPad to listen to music.

No noise! I did not hear AC unit or people.It was perfect for a good night sleep! Loved the quiet environment.

No kettle in room to make tea (although tea bags were provided). Their suggestion was to heat water in a microwave! Eventually used coffee machine after flushing through several times. Then there was no milk (for tea) to be told that there was none until 6am the following day when the canteen opened. Also no water in the room. Desk lamp didn’t work and generally tired decor and bathroom.

Breakfast and surrounding area was pretty

The single rooms are quite small, but cover all the basic needs. You can hear almost every conversation from the rooms next door. I thought the pricing for dinner was high.

Dinner options are available in buffet style. The food is nice. The area is beautiful; great for hiking and jogging. The gym is also nice and contains 2 levels (one for cardio and one for strength exercises).

• Standard Room

The ice machine on the third floor of the Ozgood Building didn't work most of the time.

The chicken and steak were both overcooked. The bed was very hard. But overall the say was very nice and the rest of the food was good. The omelets were good.

The size of the room., it was much too small Considering the price of the stay, the lack of amenities (mini fridge, microwave, etc), no complimentary breakfast. If there had been two of us the bed would have been barely big enough for us and we could not moved about the room easily at the same time.

The room was clean and the staff polite and helpful.

I requested a room close to the entrance where I could park my car. Ended up a distance from the door and then had to walk all through bldg. A to get to bldg B and the room was at the end of bldg. B, It was a hike to carry everything.

The room was nice but slightly cramped. One could say cozy.

The first room given to me was so small I felt claustrophobic, the smallest room ever. Not sure why they would make a room like that, no one shouldn't be comfortable in a room that small.

The layout was a bit odd, seemed like a page out of a movie.

Unfortunately public transit (bus) is only available a few times a day.

Location is beautiful. On a walk near the property I saw a young deer just 20 feet away. Stopped and got a photo of it standing and looking back at me, before it bounded into the forest.

• Deluxe Double Room

Our room was a great size - two queen beds plus a large sitting area - but the bathroom could have been better thought out. Needs some sort of vanity/counter space or larger shelving to accommodate toiletries for three people!

Shampoo was near empty, rooms need updating as does the whole facility esp. as this price

VERY old, dated and sad environment to stay in - more of an old, dated-corp. training center, old University than a hotel, rooms are like Hostel quality

• Standard Room

While not a problem for us, one definitely needs a car to go anywhere. It's definitely far from the sites of D.C.

We needed a hotel at the last minute in the vicinity of Bethesda. On Booking.com and Hotel Tonight, this was the least expensive of the available spots. While it's a Conference Center, they make extra rooms available. Our standard room was fine, although not large. The queen bed was very comfortable and the view out of the window was beautiful, just green lawns and trees. The hallways were spacious. The breakfast, while $12 each, was worth it, with a huge array of options, including omelets. We were able to walk the grounds on a perfect morning. Although the location is "out of the way", it was worth the trip.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

I booked my room on Book.com. When I call the hotel the rate they offered was the same, so no savings. Should have use another booking site. For the price, the single room, was very small. Everything was very cramped. To move around in the room I had to move the sitting chair by the desk. Clothes closet was small only enough space for 1-2 day stay. Would only suggest this room for solo travelers traveling for one-day.

Beautiful spacious property, immaculately groomed. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean but seemed somewhat dated.

• Standard Room

The property was beautiful but we could not see out of our windows at all. Our very, very small room was behind a huge bushy tree. It was not crowded and I booked months in advance. Not sure why we got stuck there. There is a bike path but not bike racks to keep bikes locked to.

Beautiful grounds, nice gardens, loved the outdoor seating at the bar and grill. Everything very clean. We were able to open the windows in the room to get nice fresh air at night. Also fine AC in the room. Very close to the national park we were visiting.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

We didn't eat at the hotel but the location and cleanliness of the rooms were great. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms nice. You can't find a hotel for this price at this quality anywhere else in town.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Standard Room

Checking in was marginal (inattentive staff), parking was inconvenient and challenging, access to the building confusing, a distant roar of climate control even when off in the room, a stale smell.

Nothing really.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

I requested a microwave prior to my stay but that was not addressed. I called reservations prior to my stay to ask if a refrigerator was in the room, was told yes, then when I arrived there was none. When I asked about it I was informed that it cost $15.00 a day! Ridiculous! I needed it and I took it BUT I could have purchased one for that money! That makes me very dissatisfied. A women at the front desk did give me 2 days at no charge but questioned me (albeit professionally) seemingly trying to disprove that I was told a refrigerator was to be provided. She may have been a supervisor. I took the "deal" because I had purchased food at a local Giant Food store. For these reasons I am also very dissatisfied. The room was much smaller than I expected to me I did not get a good value for the money. The size was adequate for one person but cramped. That was a disappointment. I didn't buy any meals there because it was way to pricey for me because I was staying 5 nights. I wouldn't go there again.

I did not utilize any of the facilities (no need). I enjoyed sitting outside in the courtyard having coffee in the AM and select beverages in the PM. The staff were very accommodating friendly and professional. It is a beautiful "campus"!

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Standard Room

The hotel is on huge grounds and it would be helpful to have more signs to see where to drive. It was definitely not clear where to check in when I arrived late at night.

Good comfortable room and buffet breakfast. Very nice staff. The grounds seemed very beautiful though I was not able to enjoy them since I arrived late at night and left early in the morning.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

room is too small! bathroom not comfortable

dinner did not appear to be fresh food - except maybe the salad bar. Dinner was over priced for selection of foods

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Dining room for advertised breakfast was closed and day or so before I arrived I had confirmed with staff what timing would be for full breakfast . I was told just to tell the staff who checked me in that I wanted full breakfast option and they would take care of everything - I guess Booking.com was not informed of closure either.Bolger Center did offer juice,coffee,yogurt and fruit and granola bars for breakfast at no charge which really helped before I had to get on the road.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Mattress was too soft. When I initially book the room I requested a room in a top floor which was over loozed at check in but when I brought it to the staffs attention they corrected it.

The staff was kind and friendly. Location was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Standard Room

I had to change rooms-smelly room. Your staff handled quickly and professionally.

What a great experience. 5th or 6th time I have spent a week with you and each time it exceeds expectations.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Standard Room

Advertised shuttles run only very limited times. Room was small, but adequate. Very disjointed property - many buildings. It's a Post Office training center that rents out its extra rooms. I think I'd have been fine by myself, but it was a little too cozy for two of us. Extra charges for microwave or fridge - not good.

The grounds are spacious and beautiful. Staff was friendly. Location was convenient for our needs.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Standard Room

The hotel is far from any public transportation and too far from special locations such as the Great Falls to walk there. It is probably ideal for conferences, but less so for tourists.

When my taxi did not show up in the morning, a member of staff took me to my destination in her private car: excellent service!

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

The beds were quite uncomfortable. They were pretty hard, plus they were not accommodating for someone over 5'10. I'm 6'3 and my feet were definitely hanging off the bottom all night. For the price of the rooms some breakfast should be included.

The clerk at 1am was amazingly friendly. The rooms are easy to find and the in room accommodations were good for the price.

Isolated location

Great place for a conference. Good food and beautiful grounds. Rooms are small but fine.

Breakfast was not included

The room and service.

Rooms are small

Buffet meals are great!

• Deluxe Double Room

The shuttle should run all day.

• Standard Room

This looks like an old office building converted to a hotel

Wanted to stay longer

They are amazing, friendly and just the best

• Standard Room

Nothing nearby, no shops, no grocery stores.

The fact that I had to change rooms three times late in the evening because of dysfunctional bathroom. Receptionist very unhelpful.

It was quiet

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Beautiful facility, rooms very nice, buffet breakfast was excellent and a great value.

Antiquated hvac system

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

All u can eat breakfast

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Room was small. Check out by 10am was a bit inconvenient

Setting was beautiful. Excellent fitness room and pool. On the weekend it was almost empty

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

property

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Room was small

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

The rooms were very small.

The location was a very peaceful setting to get away from the hustle and bustle of DC.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Nothing. It truly was a genuine surprise - neat, clean, lovely surroundings, and easy parking and nice rooms. Not modern, but nice and very usable.

The setting is park-like and lovely, a true getaway in the area around Washington DC. Buildings are 1940's era and the rooms are small but very clean. Coffee in room and real glass for your drinks. The place still is used as a USPS training and conference area. Parking is perfect and free! Breakfast is fantastic and only $12 for the buffet. Was very surprised this gem existed in the area and will go back again and again.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

small room, small bed

The breakfast

There are also 30 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.