Reviews of Hilton Boston Back Bay 4 stars

40 Dalton Street, Back Bay, Boston, MA 02115, USA

#59 of 81 hotels in Boston

Staff in “Starbucks” area were rude.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff in “Starbucks” area were rude. Cleaning staff barely refilled coffee supplies in room and suggest opening “Starbucks” and dining area @ 6am. Felt like front desk staff ignored you until I greeted them. Pillows were not at all comfortable. Not at all worth the amount you are charged.

Should have longer stay to enjoy Boston.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

As we got 9 hours delayed by Alaska Airlines, we arrived at the hotel with another bad news. The room's floor we supposed to stay got some kind of incident, therefore they moved us to accross the road's hotel, it was not a pleasant welcome with odd day we had earlier. Tired and dissapointed but they managed to get us checked in as soon as possible.

We arrived super late, at 2:30 am and the hotel staff/ hotel Manager gave us some comfort food as we were all so starfing.

Convenient location - walking distance and easy access to...

Room is small and dark. Breakfast is disappointing for a ‘Hilton’ standard - quite basic breakfast selection - breads are not freshly baked and unappetizing- mini croissants, bread slices, bagels are from packaging and looks like yesterday’s bread. Only 1 type of cheese available during my entire stay - mini wrapped ‘philly’ cream cheese. Cereals are those small boxed type. Swimming pool is indoor and NOT a lap pool so you can’t really lie on deck and get a tan and you can’t really swim in it for exercise.

Convenient location - walking distance and easy access to eateries, shops and public transports. Bed is comfortable. Staff are friendly.

Hotel wrongly markets is view and is hence commits consumer fraud
    • King Room with Panoramic View

Worst Hilton experience "ever" , the property completely mis-marketed it's "river facing" rooms and argued to cancel when demanded at check-in. it's a shame for being called "HILTON"

Location was really good for bars, restaurants and shops...
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Location was really good for bars, restaurants and shops around Back Bay. Bus stop across the road for Old Town Trolley hop on hop off service which took you around all of Boston's sites. Parking quite expensive at $48 per night but only to be expected from a central hotel.

Nothing just horrible, and horrible check-in experience.

Charged much more my booking.com (see picture) was 298 + (48 of taxes) for 2 nights total got charged $199 at night + 28 of taxes. Found a charge of $19 for Starbucks we never used it. And last we parked the car for one day we got charged for 2 days. Horrible! Old hotel never checkout without getting the invoice from them and wait for the one online easy checkout yes with huge surprise!

Nothing just horrible, and horrible check-in experience.

This was our first visit to Boston and it won't be our last. I will definately stay at this location
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

I loved the location of the hotel. Entire staff was very nice and accomodating. Room was clean and updated. Loved that the bar area was updated.

Great choice at Boston Back Bay!
    • King Room with Panoramic View

For visiting Boston, the hotel is a little far from to the main atractions, but there´s a subsway station nearby.

Fantastic room! The hotel seems quite new, so the bedroom was actually above expectations. Great size, really comfortable bed. Definitely a Hilton!

Benjamin saves our week after a disastrous check in
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Check In was a disaster!! Front desk “ Supervisor “ named Julie has no idea what she is doing. Although friendly, she put an unnecessary financial strain on our week long budget. Prior to arriving at the Hotel we had received 2 gift certificates for free nights & 1 gift card for $200.00. We were told these gifts could be redeemed at check in. We planned our budget based on this. Total costs should have been 1500.00 for stay & 250.00 for incidentals. Instead Julie told us we could not redeem our certificates until check out. This resulted in a 2350.00 stay & 250.00 for incidentals!!! A huge difference. Also, when checking in with a reservation, Julie tells us the Hotel is overbooked and their are no double bed rooms left. We agreed to take a king room with a roll out bed for 1 night and then be switched to a double bed no later than 1pm the next day. The King room was so small with the roll out bed. We literally had to climb over the bed to get to the door! Fire Hazard ! So tomorrow comes and its 1pm so I call the Front desk about switching rooms. The gentleman who answers the phone tells me that our room isn’t available and wont be for “ hours”. We decided to go down stairs and express our frustrations. We make contact with Julie again and she’s surprised that everything wasn’t resolved. So why didn’t Julie follow up? So then Julie confirms that our room has not been cleaned yet!!! Luckily for us benjamin was nearby and heard our conversation with Julie. He offered his assistance and within 15 seconds he found us a room and made the switch!!! Explain this!! From that point on we only spoke to Benjamin for anything. He’s fantastic. He should be the Supervisor!! I explained to Benjamin how our initial check in with Julie went. He immediately stated that she was wrong!! All certificates & gift cards are to be redeemed at check in. He took down my cc info, called the bank and had some of my funds released. Thats a great employee!!

The Hotel decor was really nice. The Hotel location was ideal, a short walk to the t and Copley Place. The Bellmen were always ready to assist us with the doors or bags.

Great location. Near Boyston, Trolley tours, Fenway, etc.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

I checked in at home through e-checkin. When I got to the hotel my room had been checked into by another guest. After about 20 minutes we were given a new room, so it wasn't too bad, but a little frustrating. There were more taxes and add on charges, but I think that is just Boston tourism. I did not like that ice machine not available and a bottle of water was $6. There was flavored iced water at the lobby along with plastic cups, so we got around that.

I especially liked the location. I also thought the bed was very comfortable, and housekeeping had the room clean each day we returned from sightseeing.

Wouldn’t stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Smell of marijuana in the room and generally in corridors. Reported to staff on first day, but nothing was done and still the same on the second night. Not something I expected given the rating and cost of this hotel. Breakfast was a rip off; quality and choice was average. Would not stay again and would not recommend to others.

Location was pretty good.

We had a nice corner room upper level that was clean,...
    • Superior King Room with Pamoramic View

The lobby and amenities were not very special, small bar, small restaurant, not on par with other Boston properties.

We had a nice corner room upper level that was clean, comfortable and quiet. For Boston it was a decent size. Good location for us needing to be in Back Bay/Fenway area.

Loved location, room and staff were polite and helpful
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Front lobby under construction, had to park car and carry bags outside, along main garage entry and back into building. Having some help with luggage under these circumstances could have been helpful.

Great location. Easy access to Boston!!

Will highly recommend and stay again
    • Superior King Room

Can’t say I don’t have negative critique to give

The staff made you feel welcome and attentive. Kinda felt like a movie star with treatment. The rooms were very clean.

Wish I had gone elsewhere
    • Superior King Room with Pamoramic View

Room services were outsourced and delivered as a take away in a bag - very unimpressed with values, value for money, reputation of Hilton Foyer was a building site Pool was tiny and unusable as used by children Fir £200 a night I feel I was robbed Wish I had gone elsewhere

Room cleaning ladies

Comfortable but dull
    • King Room with Panoramic View

Door lock failed, construction a nuisance not a good deal for price, decor now and new is bland tasteless. I am an artist, writer, photos,

Convenience staff very friendly, especially Mazen the bartender housekeeper was great space bed comfortable,

The room was very nice.
    • Superior King Room

The room was very nice. checking in and out was a breeze. If you aren't accustomed to noise be prepared because you are in the heart of a major traffic location, however the hotel is nice enough to offer you ear plugs which was very helpful.

overall a waist of money , too expensive for a room i was not satisfied with
    • King Room with Panoramic View

i expected a high floor and got the 6th floor room stay with a bad view , expecting my view to have been better since thats the reason why i booked a room with a view.

Positive experience - enjoyed our stay. Hotel is in a great location. Helpful staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The pool is a little small. Room lighting was lacking (except in the bathroom - no lack of wattage there!) Requested but did not receive late checkout as I am not part of the rewards program. Need bigger ice buckets to accommodate the complimentary bags of ice provided in lobby.

The staff was pleasant, helpful, and responsive. We were given a newly renovated room which happened to be larger than the one our friends were staying in across the street at the Sheraton (identical configuration w/two queen beds). We were able to request a microwave for our room which was extremely handy. Completely satisfied with our stay.

It was nice and great area- construction was terribly annoying.

Under construction - I was on the 8th floor where you could hear the construction the whole time. I would not rent rooms near the work if I ran the hotel. Also- no lobby or lounge area. We had to leave early to just find a place for a early morning meeting.

The room was excellent, staff was super friendly and very nice! Made awesome food recommendations to the city.

Stayed here for 3 nights and I could find no fault at all . Brilliant place
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

No kettle but coffee maker did similar job ( but us Irish love our tea !)

Staff are very attentive & very fast to tend to requests . The Housekeeping was spotless. The beds are comfortable & the bed linen and towels are so soft and great quality . A pleasure to stay in

Best hotel experience ever!
    • Superior King Room

This so rarely happens, but honestly no complaints!

We stayed on the 21st floor-it has been beautifully renovated. The room was quiet, spacious, very comfortable. Every staff member we dealt with was super friendly and helpful. Loved the area, lots of restaurants and shops nearby as well as public transit. Very satisfied and hope to return someday!

Bed was comfy, room was redone
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

No hot water or water pressure, light in bathroom is way too bright. Room with beds is too dark. Pool and hot tub was too crowded

Bed was comfy, room was redone

They were remodeling so was a little bit inconvenient to get...
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Bath Tub

They were remodeling so was a little bit inconvenient to get to the gym and the pool and you could only access them by the stairs. Not a huge deal, but without valet parking and made it a little bit difficult.

The Hilton is an okay place to stay.
    • Superior King Room

Renovations were going on. I was not aware when booking. My son just wanted to use the pool. You had to go down a floor, then take the stairs up a floor to get to the pool area. When we got to the pool, it was busier than usual. There were no towels left, even after calling the front desk. The Jacuzzi was below it's water limit, it did not work correctly and was splashing everywhere. Front desk stated that staff left at 4 that day because it was a Sunday and no one was around to help.

Room view was nice.

The stay overall was perfect and would definitely stay there again
    • King Room with Panoramic View

Some rooms do not have a bath tub and the ones that did have them were really tiny. Not recommended for bubble baths

the value of the room that we got was perfect! The view was amazing and the mattress was nice and comfortable!

Never again

I Couldn't check in till 4:00 pm they asked when I reserved the room and I wanted to check in at 1:00. the subway that runs under the building was very loud and on both nights of my stay I was woke up at 8 AM by housekeeping I will never ever return or stay at a Hilton again !!

We usually stay at a Marriott's we figured let's give a Hilton a shot. Return back to Marriott
    • Superior King Room

The tv was losing signal through out our stay. Called your front desk both days and I'm still waiting for someone to fix it very aggravating.

The bed was comfortable

Lovely lastnight of my holiday
    • Superior King Room with Pamoramic View

The room was like being in Home alone movie! Huge, spacious, amazing view, lovely bathroom, comfortable big bed and lovely luxurious stay! We paid extra for a nice hotel on our last night of our holiday- worth every penny :)

good for few days but will not stay there next time
    • Superior King Room with Pamoramic View

staff was very rude, air conditioning didnt work (the room was extremely warm all the time), even if the room was renovated it still was not up to moden standards

the location is excellent

Best Weekend ever .

Traffic was tough getting into town.

The staff was amazing. Put together a bday package for my son including a card signed by 6. I loved the breakfast everyday, and especially the fitness center, pool and hot tub.

It was good.
    • Corner Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel was under renovations and one of the main reasons I chose this hotel was because of the Starbucks onsite. Well nothing was knoste and crazy walls were put up over night confusing us, it was a big disappointment to pay all that money to look at dry wall everywhere.

Well organized room. Big tv, remodeled room.

We had a lovely time.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The internet in our room was terrible, the staff were nice but not as informative as we would of liked. There were 3 of us in our room & we had 2 queen beds which for 2 people sharing were a bit small which is really unusual for an American hotel, usually the beds are enormous.

The location of the hotel was great, we were able to walk everywhere.

Overall it was good, but it stinks to be anxious about getting refunded the no show fee.
    • King Room with Panoramic View

Booking did not send the cancellation I asked requested for 2 of the 3 nights originally booked on two of the rooms. Because of that Hilton charged me 2 no show fees. I am still waiting for them to refund me the now show fee, which they say they will eventually do. They are blaming Booking for this problem. I had to spend 20 minutes negotiating with the manager before they finally agreed to refund the no show fee.

Great location in Back Bay

Very enjoyable except for the subway noise.

We found that the noise from the trains in the subway was very annoying especially from 6.00 am every morning. It could be heard clearly on the 16th floor til after midnight.

A great little trip
    • King Room with Panoramic View

The temperature in the lobby was way too cold. Yes Boston was enjoying a heatwave during our stay but the lobby was experiencing the opposite. Also whilst there are places to sit they aren't 'very comfortable'

We had a lovely warm greeting from the young lady in reception. The room we had was spotless and it's in a great location for a tourist trip

Very nice downtown hotel, but rather expensive.
    • Superior King Room

Overpriced for the season ($500 pr. room/night), but this applies to most hotels in the area. Breakfast options really poor and expensive, but great café across the street.

Really good location downtown in Boston Back Bay Area. Excellent facilities and really comfortable rooms. Nice and friendly staff.

Great location and Ammenities, Friendly and Clean

A deposit like sum of money is required when checking in aswell as your required overall fee. This such payment was not made aware to us prior to arriving at the hotel.

Clean,quiet,hotel. In a very high end area. Pool was great. Walking distance to some of the areas sights.

Parking should be free, not 43 dollars a day.

Parking should be free, not 43 dollars a day. No free continental breakfast is a big negative especially with the amount i spent on room. Water in shower tub would not drain fastly and there was no fan in shower so alarm kept going off.

Great customer service.

but I fell like the facilities was not worth the cost of the room

Great customer service. Staff was always please to help and with a smile at all time.

Very comfortable and clean.
    • King Room with Panoramic View

Would have liked a small microwave to warm up leftovers. I also prefer a tub, not just a shower.

Very comfortable and clean. Staff was especially kind and helpful.

Overall, once some things got sorted out my daughter (30) and I were happy!
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

I didn't like the fact we were given a very poor room location (looked out the window at ventilation pipes and inner structure brick walls). Room was also older. Went to inquire about another room and was switched to beautiful room with nice view no problem. I didn't like the fact when checking out, I was charged $40 per night more than Quoted on booking.com. Thankfully I still had my emails and after some time and discussion they made it right. This was a hassle and inconvenience. They handled the situation properly.

Very accommodating and friendly staff. Beds were very comfortable. Liked the location, close to great restaurants and shops yet quiet. Arrived at 10 am and room was ready.

On a scale of 1-10, my experience was a perfect 10.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location is also excellent. There are many bars, restaurants, things to do nearby, etc. I would absolutely stay there again when I return to Boston.

great staff, convenient location, hotel in good shape but certain features showing its wear
    • King Room with Panoramic View

bar does not open until 3pm, breakfast a bit pricey, couldn't log on to Hilton Honors internet, free internet ok but slow, flavored water in lobby--no trash bin nearby--a bit strange

bar tender Paul (?) very hospitable and efficient

Not too bad
    • King Corner Room

Facilities and the lobby area is very basic. I also didn't like the fact that safety of the hote is not that strict. Anyone can enter the hotel, because there are two entrances, and the elevators take you to any level without using the hotel card. Which made me feel a bit uncomfortable

Very disappointed with the Hilton 'experience'. Complaints ignored & still charged for "fix" wifi.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room lighting is terrible. Our room(2109) had virtually no wifi & was told it's too far away from the router & use the pay for the high speed option which would be credited. The problem didn't fix & we ended up being charged the $15 as well!. We booked a double bed room which when we complained that it must be a mistake as the size of the beds were marginally bigger than single we were told it's a 'Boston sizing'. We also pointed out that there was only one robe & a few towels so must be a mistake giving us this room. We were promised extra's but only received some towels. Very disappointed from such a prestigious brand.

The location was good & cleanliness of room was good.

Good location to explore this area of Boston.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Room was 'accessible' as the only type with twin beds. My son is 6' tall and unfortunately the shower head only went as high as his chest so he had to crouch down to wash his hair ! Room was on the small side and the wardrobe had an ironing board in it which left no space for clothes. I put up the suitcase stand which then left very little room between the bed and wardrobe ☹️ Room decor is very dark making night visits to the bathroom an interesting experience. You can't tell where the wall finishes and the door starts!

Good location for Fenway park and sightseeing (tour buses stop right outside) We were left extra water to drink by room staff 😊 Plenty of good restaurants within walking distance - fab seafood restaurant on the next block. Room comfy if a bit small Great view

The location for the purpose of our trip, which was Fenway...
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

We arrived at 2:30, tried to check in and was told that our room wasn't ready. We came back at 4:30 (an 1/2 hour after check-in) and was still told that our room wasn't ready, although others around us were getting rooms.

The location for the purpose of our trip, which was Fenway Park.

convenience at a high price
    • King Room with Panoramic View

The hotel itself is average but the price is exclusive. Details are lacking and the room quite small. No fan, one hook, and a wire shelf in the shower that toiletries fell through in the bathroom were annoying.

The location is ideal for Fenway game and the on site parking was a great convenience and fairly priced for the location. We got a "panoramic view" room which was worth the upgrade fee. The free water was an appreciated detail.

Great location for Boston city centre and Fenway Park.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room keys didn't work first time although sorted out in minutes.

Location at edge of Boylston Street (major shopping street) is great and very easy walk of 15 minutes to Fenway Park for the baseball which is highly recommended.

Hilton Back Bay ! They are first class.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Wi Fi not free and 43.00 per day to park ? Would like to see parking fee lower and basic breakfast coffee juice included. Need hot tubs lol pool beautiful

Location and staff. Friendly courteous and for my first time there well pleased. Would of liked free wi fi and basic breakfast coffee etc but other than that loved it.

Nice stay
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Roll In Shower

It's convenient. It's close to the T at hynes conventional center along green line. Good restaurants and shops are nearby. All are in walkable distance.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Wasn't so great for the money
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Night manager was rude when I walked into a plate glass window. He got defensive rather than try to see if I was okay, and not injured. Cleanliness in the spa was poor. Air conditioning in our room blew right on the bed so I got sick. Shower drain didn't work, but the maintenance did come up to clear it.

Room was nice and spacious. Some of the staff were nice

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Caring Staff makes trip worthwhile
    • Corner Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing was the high prices for snacks and food. But with all the taxes in Boston it's hard to have low prices. But in the room they did have free coffee and tea and bottled water. So that helped a lot. All in all it was a great place to stay.

Everyone at the hotel was very kind and went out of their way to provide whatever was needed. But also gave you your privacy if you wanted it. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the wait staff was very good. They remembered your name and what you liked to eat. They were attentive without hovering. Very caring. The people in housekeeping would give you privacy if you didn't want them coming into the room and they would provide you with whatever you needed when asked. They even called to make sure I was alright when I left the do not disturb sign on the door for several days. The people at the front desk were polite and tried to help out with any questions you had and help with purchasing snacks and providing information about payment options. Very good 😊 place to stay. I would definitely stay again.

• Superior King Room

Upon check out I was given an erroneous check out bill, they had to correct the rate I had confirmed thru Booking. com. Besides they had to correct the charges for the parking that I used overnight and they had charged for three nights. It look like they were bothered because of this changes when it was their error.

Very nice any convenient place to stay in Boston Back Bay area.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could not get WiFi going. Too cumbersome to connect. Had to tether from our friends. So disappointing!

Property was near Fenway Ballpark and Historical sites any shopping any good restaurants.

We are a family of 5 and had booked a room with 2 beds.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

That you had to pay $43/night for parking. Should be included with the reservation. Also, free wifi?

We are a family of 5 and had booked a room with 2 beds. Upon our arrival, our room had only 1 king sized bed. We called the front desk and they immediately got us a new room. Within 5 minutes we were in our new room. Great customer service.

Overpriced and crowded
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The room was Horrible!! First, it was way to small for two double beds, a dresser, a desk w/ chair, an easy chair and an oversized night table (really a dresser). It was also supposed to be handicapped accessible and it was way too crowded to accommodate an elderly person in a wheel chair. The bathroom did have a hold bar but only inside the tub so one had to lean over the tub to hold on and get in. No hold bar along rear of tub. this room should have been a single and definitely not labeled handicapped! Also, the hotel did not have a full service restaurant, just a Starbucks.

the staff was pleasant and helpful. When we had a plumbing problem they sent someone to repair it in 5 minutes.

Comfortable and central
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

This is a very comfortable and centrally located hotel. The views are beautiful out the windows. The cleaning staff is exceptional. We always stay at the Hilton Back Bay when we come to Boston l... which is a couple times a year.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The Hilton Back Bay is a hit!

Free Breakfast could earn a 10

Location was beautiful. Plenty to do and everything was accessible. I love that it was literally a two-minute walk to the conversation center.

Fair place to stay.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

It's very small. There were few amenities. The pool area needs to be cleaned more often. The same bandaids were in the floor the whole time by the hot tub. Very expensive for such a simple place.

The location by the convention center.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Left after one night
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Shower was not operational, it flooded the bathroom, the manager did not return my call and I not (or have yet to be) compensated for all of that.

Direct staff accommodating and pleasant

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Good location - Sheraton across the road is a lot better

Buffet breakfast could be better. Need a proper bar that you can have drinks at, rather than just being a part of the restaurant. Servicing of the rooms was not great.

Perfect location.

Great hotel in back bay area

Breakfast not included.

Great location, very modern and classy room compared to other Hiltons I've stayed. Complimentary wifi with Hilton Honors Program.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

The staff was very helpful, friendly and accommodating
    • King Corner Room

For two nights the temperature went up and the hotel air conditioner system was not in working order.

The staff was very helpful, friendly and accommodating

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Great but could have been BETTER
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room wasn't ready, no one to help me with my luggage because it was very busy, no one called me when my room wasn't ready, key to let me in and out of garage didn't work.

Location and bedroom was amazing

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• King Room with Panoramic View

I was extremely excited to spend my 23rd birthday here since I spent my 21 birthday there. They must of changed management or hired new people because the staff that was on duty was high disrespectful. Racial discrimination was here at play. They let other guest that weren't legally allowed to check in under a room to check it but gave me a hard time about the 50$ for incidentals on a card when I had cash. And on booking through this website I have never had a problem at other hotels. They tried to speak down to me as if I was incompetent and I didn't understand. Even said the purpose is if I walk out with there TV! As if a 5 foot 3 inches female that weighs 120 would be able to carry a tv to the elevator across a lobby is very unlikely and I find it very humiliating that you would ever treat a guest that way. After I have given this place a top 10 rating and my Review even help other people to stay here . I will never ever recommend anyone to stay at a Hilton hotel if they hire staff that are no willing to help. By the way they were quick to take my cash and have me waiting 30 mins just to confirm a card. I paid for the whole hotel room in advance and still didn't trust me even willing to pay the 50 in cash to hold. Funny how when people need money they are quick to take it but then want to talk about saving there asset

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Mediocre hotel, but budget friendly
    • Superior King Room with Pamoramic View

Terribly uncomfortable bed & pillows. Contemplated sleeping on floor at one point. Really, poor enough quality to warrant this review. Tv was useless outside of selecting channel by hitting +/- on the remote. Every other function seemed to be malfunctioning. Wanted to watch a movie at end of night. So much for that... We Stayed on the top floor "corner superior panoramic view" room. After seeing photos, I assumed we would have a nice view of downtown Boston. Instead, we stared straight into a condo building and had broken views of Brookline/western Boston. If the architects Wanted to ensure a poor view, they certainly hit home. Much better options in the area for the decerning traveler.

Friendly staff, and very clean throughout. Great location in the heart of back bay next to prudential center.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Hotel in a great location with need of a facelift.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Hot water was not hot, warm at best. I had a package delivered and was never notified. Windows leaked. Someone had stuffed kleenex in them. What is with the depressing balconies with the drain hole?

Great location near northeastern u. Friendly staff. Clean

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Great location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Wasn't impressed with the pillows, as minuscule as that is. And the front desk should explain upon check-in, that if you park in the attached parking garage, you have to always come down to lower level to access front lobby/elevators to rooms.

The location was excellent for catching the T as well as shopping/restaurants.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Bed was comfortable.
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Bath Tub

Their was bags of food left out every night in hallway because there was no garbage or place to put throw things out

Bed was comfortable. Cleaning women Martha was a doll

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Good Environment, Perfect Location
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The hotel is super clean and the space is large. It's near metro station so it's convenient to get to many other places. There are also some good restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Hotel goes the extra mile to make feel comfortable.
    • King Room with Panoramic View

Position of the hotel. Own garage. Attitude of the staff with a special thank to Benjamin at the front desk who made my stay easy and comfortable. The hotel is aged but well maintained. Worth returning.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Comfy beds, kids liked pool, could walk easily from your...

The wifi was a little flaky on the kids tablets, no coffee available after 2pm,

Comfy beds, kids liked pool, could walk easily from your hotel to where we wanted to go. Staff were very helpful and up-beat.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Excellent Stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

I tried using the printing/desktop facilities from the hotel but the desktops' internet didn't work.

I liked everything about the room. Very comfortable and in very good state.