Reviews of Boston Harbor Hotel 5 stars

70 Rowes Wharf, Waterfront, Boston, MA 02110, USA

#2 of 81 hotels in Boston

9.7

Our first room on the 9th floor was extremely noisy from the...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Our first room on the 9th floor was extremely noisy from the elevator shaft and motor Once mentioned to the reception we were moved immediately Without an problem.

Charming Hotel at a fantastic location.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

Lovely Hotel, great food and great staff. Breakfast was very good, even a simple thing like cut chilled pink grapefruit just very good. Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom amenities of good quality. Will be back.

Truly everything was wonderful!
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

My room faced the bay which was beautiful, but in afternoon , the sun hit the window and warmed up room. AC couldnt keep cool enough

Truly everything was wonderful!

this is a very beautiful property and even though they were...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

this is a very beautiful property and even though they were in the middle of construction the staff was SO helpful and kind making my stay a VERY enjoyable experience. I would recommend this it others

• Superior King Room with Harbor View

I haven't seen and I do like the whole lot.

I Would like to write and I did love every single thing is woundrful, People, Facility and the place too. Even though the food toothsome.

Wonderful stay. Modern, efficient, quiet. Well worth for the money. Our No.1 in Boston

Nothing really, the swimming pool was under reconstruction but this happens sometimes, we did not mind.

Location at harbor. We had room with city view due to late booking, but the view was very nice too. Staff is courteous and very professional. Rooms are located 8th floor and above, they are large, light and quiet. Beds are new and comfortable. Will definitely come back during my next stay.

• Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

Arrival by water taxi very disappointing. No meet and greet, no signage to entrance of hotel. Used back entrance. Had to carry heavy luggage up stairs - no porters at this entrance. Was given a disables room which was ok but the bathroom door wouldn't stay open. Coffee facilities poor. Complained but nothing was done.

Amazing location, great views over the harbor. Luxery hotel

The hotel itself is gorgeous, but the real attraction at the...
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

I can't think of anything - the health club was under renovation, but we weren't really interested in going anyway.

The hotel itself is gorgeous, but the real attraction at the hotel is the staff. Absolutely wonderful service, from the front desk to the concierge to the waitstaff in the restaurants and bars. My husband and I went for our anniversary and it was worth every penny!

Truly special experience

We loved everything!

The luxury and service are beyond compare! Gorgeous view of the harbor, beautiful and spacious room, friendly and attentive staff. Great location in the heart of the city.

We really enjoyed our stay there and would stay there again should we return to Boston.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

There was not a shop in the hotel in which you could purchase soda etc. - you had to rely on the bar fridge in the room ... ouch. There was an excellent coffee maker in the room but I would have liked access to hot water.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds and pillows were wonderful. The hotel was very clean.

We will come back to the hotel as well as recommended it to friends and family.

We actually chose the hotel partly because of the pool which was out of service.

All staff (restaurant, registration desk, valet, ...) was extremely attentive, efficient and helpful. We came back for another night and got room upgrade which was very unexpected and very nice!

They achieved excellence!
    • Deluxe City Tower

Every staff member of the hotel consistently delivered the highest level of personalized customer service that I have ever experienced. I’ve been in the hospitality industry for 37 years and the Boston Harbor Hotel has achieved a service level others can only hope to achieve. Kudos to the management team there. Well done!

Very comfortable stop in Boston

Pool was closed with minimal notice. That was poor given that it's a big selling point for the hotel. And the area is a little empty, especially at the weekend.

Lots of space, very comfortable and great views, especially harborside.

Charming City! Excellent Hotel accommodations !
    • Superior King Room with City View

Construction on premises did not permit for a total experience the property would otherwise afford

Cleanliness and quality of premises and professionalism of staff

Loved the hotel
    • Superior King Room with City View

Could have had a couch in the room. Very expensive to eat. No sugar or milk for the coffee. Room was right next to a service door. Every morning woken at about 7. Not great when you are on vacation

Beautiful harbour view. Large room lovely staff great lication

The shower and water pressure were amazing!
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

No outside alcohol was allowed. I was not notified of this until I was on the premises with the alcohol. It was quite embarrassing. I would have considered another venue if I would have known. Also, valet parking was much higher than I expected.

The shower and water pressure were amazing! The bed was very comfortable and the view was the best I have ever seen. I was celebrating my partner’s birthday and the staff left a dessert in the room that read Happy Birthday - how wonderful!

I LOVE this hotel and cannot wait to go back.
    • Harbor Premiere

Late night menu could have been a little better for the price of the food.

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was very polite and the beds are SO comfortable and rooms are very clean. I will be returning very soon.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

A lovely trip
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

It would have been nice if there was a bath

I stayed at this hotel for six nights with my husband and had a wonderful time it’s a beautiful lovely hotel it is the second time we have stayed here

Met all my expecations. Looking forward to my next stay with you
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Everything from smoothe check-in/check-out to the restaurant, the dressed Christmas tree, the always accomodating staff, the beautiful rooms, VERY comfortable bed larger than my bed room at home, hi-class bathroom amenities.

It was way overpriced.
    • Harbor Premiere

It was way overpriced. They charged you fees for everything. Even room service, they charged you a tip to the hotel in addition to a delivery fee, EXCLUDING a tip for the actual server.

Excluding the last night, fantastic hotel & probably would stay there again.
    • Superior King Room with City View

A lot of noise from a room party on the same floor on the last night. We were not offered any compensation by reception when checking out - not even a coffee. They did not bring up the fact that I had phoned that night to complain until I mentioned it on check out.

Breakfast was great. Bed & Room excellent. Huge TV's. Great view

Outstanding hotel in every way, excellent location.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

Absolutely nothing... it was outstanding.

Superb professional staff, beyond outstanding service by every single staff member, wow! Sensational room...Harbour Premiere with a lounge and a bathtub, and sweeping harbour views. Wonderful weekend buffet breakfast. Great bar/lounge with amazing staff and fabulous vibe. Only 7 min walk from Quincy Market. Highest recommendation possible.

Disaster
    • Harbor Premiere

Noise transmission between rooms.Upon complaining about someone banging on the wall we received no apology or assistance from the night manager Would never stay there again

Arriving by water taxi got things off to a nice start.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Unfortunately, due to 'maintenance' we were relocated to a different hotel for the first night of our stay, however this gave us the opportunity to explore a different part of the city & we were refunded & upgraded* for our second night, all of which was handled sensitively & professionally by the hotel staff.

Arriving by water taxi got things off to a nice start. Really professional staff & a beautifully appointed hotel. Our up-graded suite* was extremely comfortable & had superb views over the harbour.

Wonderful experience. Would certainly stay here again when visiting Boston.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

House keeping was slow and left a little to be desired. They would do the rooms but forget to rinse the coffee cups and so on.

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff- from reception to concierge to the waiters at the Sea Grille. The view from the harbour facing room was super. Good food at the Sea Grille with a good choice of drinks at the bar.

View was superb.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

View was superb. I couldn't connect to the wifi as it wasn't encrypted so security was low. Staff were very very helpful and friendly. Definitely stay again. Good spot. Financial district a little too quiet on weekends and tough to get breakfast outside of hotel but hotel food was good.

First stop having arrived in the US, excellent location to Boston sites with great service.
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

No tea or coffee facilities in room. Could order from room service however not before 6am.

Very comfy beds, two very large screen TV’s and plenty of space for you to watch one channel and children another. View across harbour outstanding. Staff very attentive, from Valet to room service. Breakfast fantastic, excellent quality and great restaurant staff.

Brilliant Harbour location.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Brilliant Harbour location. The Harbour walk is great for jogging too. Friendly locals. Best beds, spacious rooms. Use the Rowes wharf water taxi service for great transfers around the bay and airport.

Very lovely hotel in great area. Very comfortable rooms.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Room service food very poor quality and room service very very slow. You don't always get what you order. Had to wait 2 hrs for ice and bottle opener. Room needed maitenance to leaky shower and some fittings.

Large room, comfortable bed. Quick lift to floors. Lovely bars and dinning rooms. Walking distance to markets.

5 star location, 5 star hotel and 5 star staff!
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

No Coffee & tea making facility in room.

Great location, staff very helpful from front desk to concierge to bar and restaurant staff - could not do enough for you. Views fantastic on harbour side and easy access to water taxis, pleasure boats and ferries. Luxury!

Top class hotel
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

They didn't tell us about any of the facilities when we arrived, pool etc and availability of breakfast etc - I could have asked obviously but only thought after and surprises me that they hadn't mentioned any of it. We had problem with a taxi they arranged for us, we told them where we wanted to go but turned out the driver didn't have a clue and we ended up getting dropped off in a dark street and having to find our own way!

The service was spot on and perfect 5 star. The room was lovely and well equipped. The bar was great and the barman was amazing (sorry I didn't get his name) - real shame we only tried it on our last day as would have definitely kept returning otherwise!

Boston is one of our favorite cities and staying here enhanced the visit even more. Well worth it.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

The only nitpick I have is the pillows. I prefer firm and these were too soft for my liking. The traffic on Atlantic Ave. is terrible, but that's not the Hotel's fault. As soon as we got close enough to turn our car over to the valets, driving ceased to be an aggravation for me for 24 hours.

The staff was all wonderful. From the valet parking, doormen, front desk, room service, housekeeping and the bartenders - all went above and beyond in making our stay memorable.

Unfortunately due to repairs and renovations the weekend of...
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Unfortunately due to repairs and renovations the weekend of August 12th, the hotel elevators were painfully slow causing us to wait upwards of 5 minutes. Otherwise the property, staff and facilities were phenomenal.

When we arrived to the hotel we made a reservation to have...

When we arrived to the hotel we made a reservation to have breakfast outside the following morning. However, the following day we were told that we could not eat outside for an hour to an hour and a half. There was staff outside setting up the tables. Plenty of staff inside too standing around. Since this hotel could not accommodate us, we left and had breakfast at a different hotel, which was serving breakfast outside.

One of my favourite hotels in the world!

We loved everything!

This is an amazing hotel. The staff are super efficient from the bellboys to the front desk and concierge. The harbour view rooms are spectacular.

Charming, classy, and very clean hotel with friendly staff.
    • Superior King Room with City View

I had a beautiful suite, but it was a little strange to have to walk through sitting area to get to bathroom (disoriented in middle of night). Hosting company covered my cost but I thought it was overpriced, $350 -$450 more in line with other similar suites in other high-end locations. My flight was cancelled and I was on a day trip, so more high quality toiletries would have been great (especially for price), e.g. Good quality face lotion. For a suite, little touches also may have an impact on more positive impression, e.g. robe laid out on bed, candy on pillow, complementary water on bedside table, etc.

Beautiful hotel with fantastic view from my suite. Bed was excellent- soft sheets and right amount of firmness. Bathroom very clean. Enjoyed materials for make-up removal. Appreciated outlets on bedside table. Very easy access to WiFi is nice (no password). Air purifier was an unexpected treat. Room was very quiet and although there were several large windows to enjoy the view, there was complete black-out when they were closed.

It felt like the lap of luxury.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Prices were higher in the "casual" restaurant than seemed warranted.

The service was very helpful and kind, never snooty despite our coming in looking quite wind blown and messy on occasion. Very well trained staff throughout.

Fabulous stay but...
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

I unfortunately had to call a few times to ask for directions to your hotel. Although the hotel was minutes away crom the Aquarium, it took much of my time away for touring the city to get settled in locating your hotel. May I suggest providing a map via email after the reservation confirmation is set? A simple map of Atlantic street with landmakrks for new cliental that never stayed at your hotel would be of much assistance. An airport shuttle would be extremely beneficial as well.

Health & Spa personnel and hotel personnel who maintained cleanliness of rooms were every so kind and professional... VERY WELL DONE, STAFF!

Pretty good location if you are visiting a congress.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Pretty far away from the city center. Hotel didn't have the feeling of a place people like to spend time at.

Pretty good location if you are visiting a congress. Rooms were big.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Amazing in every way!!!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The staff are so accommodating and personable. I more so like that fact that they are very down to earth and not phony like other hotels. Thank you again for such a wonderful time and we look forward to coming back soon!

Fantastic view over the harbour and lovely staff
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

There is no kettle in the room even though the concierge said he would send one up. The shower is fixed with no hand held spray so difficult to wash hair

The view was fabulous and the staff very attentive

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Perfection!!!!
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

What's not to love. Staff were warm and friendly, always eager to help. I've never felt so comfortable and welcome in a hotel. Hotel was luxury, clean, beautiful, great location. Food was delicious. Room service was fantastic, they even went out of there way to accommodate my request for something that wasn't on the menu. Can't emphasize enough how we loved this hotel.

Great location but expensive

No tea/coffee facilities in the room. Water and turn down service arrived on 2nd evening only.

Great location and friendly staff. Nice hotel but expensive for what it is.

The location can not be beat.

The location can not be beat. Robbie the doorman was exceptional. Our corner room had a fantastic view of the city. Unfortunately the toilet ran all night. Also the A/C would only go down to 65 degrees which was not cool enough for me. Overall a nice stay. Did not eat on the property so can not speak to that.

Expectations exceeded at the Boston Harbour.

Pretty much nothing.

Got upgraded to a suite. Luxurious room, very private and quiet. View over Boston harbor from the huge wall to wall windows in each room were incredible. The valet and front desk staff were excellent. The agreed to keep my car for a while after check out while we went for lunch near by. In room breakfast was excellent and very prompt. The mini bar was well stocked with a nice selection. Bed was very comfortable, two TVs shower with choice of shower heads. Huge spa bath. Long hallway within the suite leading down to the rooms made for very private feel. Dog was welcomed for a fee and they provided everything we needed - treats, bed, water and food bowls etc. All in all, the whole stay exceeded my expectations.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Upgraded to harbor view, gorgeous sunrise and beautiful view.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Upgraded to harbor view, gorgeous sunrise and beautiful view. Customer service in all interactions was impeccable. You don't see that often anymore, Ritz Carlton level of service. Older property, but well-maintained

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Outstanding service

Not applicable.

Large room with a view. Very comfortable bed. Outstanding staff who anticipate your needs. Historical hotel with good old-fashioned service.

This hotel is exceptional.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Nothing, this hotel exceeded my expectations all around.

This hotel is exceptional. The staff and accommodations are outstanding in every way. My harbor front room was just beautiful and the bed was like heaven! I dined in two of the three restaurants and all three meals were delicious, with beautiful surroundings and great service. I enjoyed my weekend in Boston immensely and I plan on returning to the Boston Harbor hotel soon! Loved it!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

generally good--loved the spa
    • Superior King Room with City View

room service forgot my breakfast, but did deliver one later and took the charge off; the bartender in the Rowe's Wharf bar wrongly refused to serve me after I had had maybe 2 or 3 drinks, I was not in the least bit disruptive, was having pleasant conversations with my neighbors at the bar (none of whom I knew), and of course, I was staying at the hotel--seeking shelter from the storm. I know bartenders have discretion on such things, but I thought it was totally inappropriate in my case, the people around me at the bar agreed and I reported this to the manager. My office has had 3 or 4 holiday parties there, but if anything like that happens again, you won't see me in that establishment

front desk was great and room service took care of the bill when they did not deliver the breakfast when ordered

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Brilliant place to stay
    • Superior King Room with City View

We had the mist amazing stay at the Boston Harbour Hotel .The staff are anazing especially the doir staff .Amazing view from the hotel and amazing place to stay

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

my 70th birthday at the boston harbor hotel
    • Deluxe City Tower

could smell someone smoking through the bathroom vent. we got charged for a bottle of wine that was in the room that was not opened

room was as good as we expected and service was great

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

We celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary
    • Deluxe City Tower

We celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary and the entire staff made it an exceptional stay we had about a 20 min. wait for a desert at the bar to finally find out that the desert was not available an had to switch choice. we will come again to check out the presidential suite in summer. Thanks Richard L Keyes II

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

For a memorable hotel stay
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Only negative was having no ice or in room coffee, have to go trough room service to acquire

Location with beautiful view of the harbor in an upscale well appointed venue with exceptionally friendly helpful staff. What more could you want?

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Lovely hotel in a great location.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Breakfast was so expensive. We paid $70. And it wasn't huge. And only ok.

Super hotel. Our room had a great waterfront view. Comfy and spacious. Couldn't fault it. Great dinner in the seafood restaurant too.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Fantastic hotel in a great location. Truly Boston's finest!
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

As with all hotels of this type, room service is a little over-priced, but that is to be expected. Other than that no faults at all.

Very comfortable and clean rooms, excellent service by all the staff. We had the harbour view, and it was spectacular. I loved the New England style of interior, it was very cosy to stay in. The service in the restaurant and bar was also great. Staff were always friendly and on hand to help out with anything you need- from booking restaurants for dinner to arranging transportation.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

The rooms are amazing make sure to fill out the guest survey...
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

The rooms are amazing make sure to fill out the guest survey that's emailed after you book because they really tailor your stay to your requests. Awesome hotel and phenomenal harbour room views of the sunrise.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Top class hotel
    • Superior King Room with City View

Overall the Hotel was very nice with a very good location. The staff was very professional, welcoming and friendly. Nice king size bed and top class amenities, good rainfall shower etc. For sure, on of the best Hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Home away from home
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

Not soundproof between rooms and from elevator. I know it's an old house, but we heard our neighbors quarreling several times and it felt a bit unpleasant.

A home away from home is just the right description. Location and atmosphere were the two things that really formed the foundation on which we built a week to remember forever. Spa was wonderful, treatments professional, Sea grill outstanding quality of food.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Beautiful weekend!
    • Harbor Premiere

Would have loved a nespresso machine in my room and a taller make-up chair in the bathroom and a small step to get on top of the high bed.

Loved the view, the welcoming staff, the cleanliness, the luxurious amenities, giant TV's, comfortable bedding and the overall ambience.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Amazing
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Other than hand out free Gold bars, there is nothing the hotel could do any better. 10/10

View, location, size of the room, stand-alone shower. The Hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed in

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Central hotel offering excellent service
    • Harbor Premiere

Visitors from UK and possibly other European countries should be aware that a number of taxes are added to the room rate (increasing the price by around 14%)

We had a fabulous room with an ocean view. Service was excellent throughout our stay. Both breakfast and dinner were of a high standard with courteous and helpful waiting staff

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Luxury service and Stunning Rooms
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

The service at the seafood restaurant was very slow

The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff combined with the speediness of room service was the clincher! I was also pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms and and in-room amenities.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Excellent hotel amazing staff
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

We were in room 1106 Near the front door, floor door service Open, close, hear everything, hauling carts Service Try not to get the room above

Excellent hotel amazing staff

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Never again.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Wa have stayed in the for 3 nights and merely because of its good rating. We were very disappointed. The rooms were dated, not very clean, and not to a 5 star level. Bathroom looked very tired and dark. The view was great but the lack of quality was disappointing. For $600 a night one expect a coffee/tea maker and a well stocked minibar. Dinning in the hotel wasn't great too, slow service and high prices. Next time I'll spend my money somewhere else.

Staff were friendly, check in and out of was quite quick.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

120% satisfied with the service here!

120% satisfied with the service here! City view room is great! God is in the details - excellent service is 24/7 here, they will leave a book mark beside your book, glass cloth by your sunglasses, provide you anything you need.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

We stay at harbor view rooms ant it has really a great...
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

We stay at harbor view rooms ant it has really a great panorama! Hotel has a perfect location close to main attractions. Top universities are 15 min drive. Very professional staff. Great recommendations from Concierge. Not cheap, but nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Great weekend with excellent service

One bathroom was dirty upon check-in with hair visible on shower wall and sink. This was remedied the next day & did not occur again

Staff anticipated needs; waitstaff were excellent; concierge excellent. Location fabulous and beautiful attention to details in decor. Many details were coordinated in advance of check in (ex: breakfast reservations) ? Jeanette?

Very comfortable room.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

I wish the pool had been open.

Very comfortable room. Great location. in-house dining great. Staff excellent.

Everything!
    • Superior King Room with City View

Everything! This hotel is a 10+. The staff, the rooms, the location, it’s amazing!

Beautiful hotel right on the water with impeccable service.
    • Superior King Room with Harbor View

Beautiful hotel right on the water with impeccable service.

Everything was as it should have been.

Everything was as it should have been. Only there for 1 night but everything was excellent.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Interior was great.
    • Harbor Premiere

Interior was great. Location is good

Very comfortable hotel in an excellent location with friendly staff and a lovely breakfast
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

Beautiful location overlooking the harbour, fantastic views and a lovely sunny terrace for breakfast, excellent base from which to enjoy the city

Bed was super comfortable nice staff valet parking convenient
    • Deluxe King Room with Harbor View

Not a lot of tv options at night

Bed was super comfortable nice staff valet parking convenient

Best hotel in Boston
    • Harbor Premiere

Views of the harbor were amazing. Great soaps and shampoos and soft comfortable towels and bedding.