Reviews of Boston Omni Parker House Hotel 4 stars

60 School Street, Boston, MA 02108, USA

#50 of 81 hotels in Boston

5.5

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

Shower was not good - very weak and it kept going cold. Valet took 35 minutes to fetch my car from the parking lot.

A lovely historic building with a beautiful interior. Very friendly staff.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

the bathroom is huge but very uncomfortable there are no hanger in the bathrrom the sink is old and the water are get down to the sewage very slow the beds are big but not so comfortable

excellent location in the middle of the freedom trail the hotel look very respected

Breakfast is not included

Location, location, location! The hotel is in the downtown area, close to a lot of shopping and restaurants. Close to Boston common & freedom trail. Nearby several subway stations. A 15 min walk from the harbor. The room was spotlessly clean, and was even ready upon arrival in the morning (despite the official check in time at 3pm). Online checking and checkout made the process faster - especially for the checkout. I would definitely stay there again!

• Premier Suite with King Bed

Would like a mini-fridge, a small chair in the bedroom, an updated bathroom, a bottle of water provided each day. No small café for just a light bite (nor limited to "dessert" items).

wonderful location for exploring Boston. Double door entry for our room which had a separate bedroom and a living room area with a sleeper couch which our granddaughter stated was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

For the price they are charging you would think things will be working properly like the TV.

The location was great. Walking distance to most historical site.

Just a heads up to guests - It's an old hotel. It was just me and my husband traveling, so it was perfectly fine for the two of us, since we were out and about all day and only came back at night when we were ready for bed. The rooms are smaller than what I think most people are used to nowadays with newer hotels. I would maybe not recommend this hotel for people who are traveling in large groups or with families. But if you're traveling alone or with a friend/partner, it's a great choice.

The location is excellent - you are within walking distance to many historical sites, good restaurants, as well as easy access to a few subway stations. We loved staying in a historical hotel right in the heart of the city. The fitness center was one of the best I've seen in a while in terms of equipment.

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

Room was a little tired. Could do with a facelift.

Great location and staff were really friendly and helpful. We stayed as part of a trip for our 25th wedding anniversary and the hotel surprised us with a complimentary small bottle of prosecco and a Boston cream pie.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

Our $240 room seemed like a very good deal, but upon arrival (not late, on time) they declared no more rooms like the one we had we had been guaranteed (months in advance). Instead of the deluxe two queen bed room they gave us a tiny room with a full bed and a roll away bed! I was offered a ‘reduced rate’ of $190. With the rollaway in place (see photo) we could no longer even get to or open our closet. It was of the old school springs in your back, deep cavern in the middle style roll away from the 1950’s. I had to return to the front desk and argue with the night manager ... twice! Finally they relented and gave us the room for a ‘mere’ $120. It was worse than a cheep motel. After leaving the sent us an email showing that they had charged us $10 extra for the internet. I will never stay in an Omni hotel again. They pretend this is a high end hotel then cheat and try to wring every dime from you. Stay away.

• Petite Single

In reception, there are only 2 staffs when I checked-in at night(around 19:00-20:00) and crowed. If possible more staffs should be there when in such a case, but they all kind & friendly, could have great stay.

Located in city central and easy to access every public trans.

• Premier Suite with King Bed

The walls are very thin. Could hear the conversation of the people in the next room. Unfortunately one of the guests was a complete windbag and talked loudly until the early hours! The double glazing was ineffectual to traffic noise. Although of no fault of the hotel, there was some construction work going on at the building opposite. The hotel is rather expensive both in terms of the room and the bar 5USD for a small cup of black coffee and 7USD for a bottle of lager is excellent sieve.

The room was very nice and the bed extremely comfortable. Very clean and well maintained by housekeeping. The hotel is well located for Boston Common and about 10 minute walk to the fabulous Quincy Market. The staff are all friendly and helpful. It was ideal to be able to store our bags following checkout and having to leave for the airport.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

The exorbitant price for parking on site at the hotel was excessive so much so that I would choose to stay elsewhere in the future. The rooms were not as large as I would have hoped for. The shower nozzle was not adjustable creating an uncomfortable harsh stream of water.

The decor of the lobby was exquisite. The staff was professional, well trained, efficient, friendly and knowledgeable.

Bed pillows & room rate

Too expensive. Others got cheaper rate for same thing we had. Thermostat in room was messed up. Hated bed pillows although bed was comfy.

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

The location was great! We could walk to the harbor, markets, stores, restaurants and gain all the Boston experience we were looking for. Wonderful staff, very helpful and informative. We want to come back next time!

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

The hotel doesn't have a comfortable lounge area for coffee/bar drinks. The only area is the bar area which is not inviting or warm. In fact is was downright cold! Turn down the air conditioning!

Historic hotel, well looked after, comfortable beds, helpful staff.

Great location, friendly staff and a sophisticated and clean hotel. I would stay here again if I came back to Boston and I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Executive King Room with King bed

The restaurant and one of the bars were closed on Memorial Day, which is the day I was there. No dinner room service menu was in our room and no refrigerator. No mini bar in the room to access.The hotel could have sent an email letting people with reservations know in advance that the restaurant was closed and The Last Hurrah was closed for Memorial Day, but they didn't bother. No map of the hotel in the room, had to wander around looking for things. Never did see the pool. Found a gallery by chance which was interesting. Who would guess that the business center is in the gift shop? Guess I should have read all the fine print to see that check in is 4pm and a refrigerator is only by request and 15.00 extra.

Beautiful, historic place. Very elegant.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

Price a bit high, but worth it.

EVERYTHING!! ROOM SPACIOUS AND COMFY. STAFF COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE HELPFUL OR POLITE. HOTEL VERY OPULENT. AND IN THE PERFECT CENTRAL LOCATION.

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

Size and decent coffee in the room!

Despite the size it was still comfortable for one night. Price was reasonable but paying more for location which is excellent. Its an Historical building so being "old" is expected. Did not eat there.

No extra outlets in the room. Ask for an extension cord! Receptionist said there were no extra outlets because it is an old hotel. Room was very small. Poor value for the money.

Comfortable bed

• Traditional Room with One Bed- Disability Access

Needs to be refurbished to live up to the standard it’s trying to represent. Elevators slow which creates long waiting time in mornings,

Traditional Boston hotel that has advantages like style and location

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

The beds were amazing! The room was not big but comfortable. The only thing we did not like was the air conditioner - too nosy! The breakfast was also very good. I would stay in this hotel again if I visit Boston again.

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

Requested a room above the 5 th floor, was given a room on the third floor. Indicated that there would be 2 adults staying in the room, was given a room with only a full size bed. We were woken multiple times throughout the night due to loud and rowdy guests. Was charged $10 for internet access for one night. In all, it was a very unpleasant stay.

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

We were very disappointed by the room. Besides being so the cramped, we have never seen such a tiny double bed - because it was not a double bed at all, but a large single bed! We feel that your website is deliberately misleading in representing it as a double bedroom. The bathroom is so small one needs to be a contortionist to use it. To add insult to injury, although we booked the room at a higher rate than your base rate, we were not offered the special offers on tours etc that we later saw advertised in a Boston brochure.

The lobby.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

size of the room was small. Very difficult to pull up with car at front with heavy traffic, although concierge was very helpful

front desk was extremely helpful and courteous. Also, the chef tastings in the lobby mid day were exquisite

The staff in the bar was less than attentive. We stopped in on two occasions and both times the waiter took 15 minutes to take our order and then didn't come back.

Location was good. Rooms were very nice. Concierge was very helpful in setting up a taxi and airline tickets.

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

The pick up location.. Front of Building and the Address on the side street.

I was in and out.. I wanted to stay longer, however time was the problem.. My wife and I stayed in your hotel in 1971 or 72.. That was my reason for the revisit.. Loved the hotel..

• Premier Suite with King Bed

For the price of the suite $629 plus the many taxes and fees, my 2 day stay was nearly $1,600. While the staff was professional and courteous, the hotel lobby, room carpets and window treatments looked weary. In addition, all of the elevators were out of service for a period of time, the staff ushered us into the employee area to go up there elevator.

the bed was quite comfortable, but the carpets and window treatments were outdated, but, were good for darkening the room after the sun rose!

Room was very small for a pricey deluxe room. Terrible view of other guest rooms about 6 feet away and the roof of the hotel. Could see a SMALL amount of sky.

Staff was friendly. Great location! Nice lobby area. Comfortable beds. Was loaned umbrellas instead of needing to buy them. Was able to check in before 4:30 when a room became available (12:00).

• Executive Room with Two Full Beds

Not much of a view from our room so we just went exploring to see the sights of the beautiful city instead.

The convenience of local Dunkin’s right up to 5* dining and everything in between was nice. I must say I was most impressed with the hospitality suite that was set up with hot refreshments immediately following the Boston Marathon for guests mostly who had checked out. Many people were near or at hypothermia conditions and to be greeted by the fine gentleman offering this luxury area upon returning to pick up our belongings and vehicle was appreciated beyond words. Well done.

Not much - maybe our small odd-shaped room shouldn't have had a king-size bed. Also the corners of the bathroom floor were not clean; that kind of cleaning takes a little extra effort.

Staff in lobby were terrific. Very accommodating to my partner, who has a mobility issue. Of course, the hotel common areas are beautiful.

Kate saw that our anniversary wkend was amazing! Set us up with a great room and sent up complimentary champagne and dessert! Joseph our concierge did. An awesome job co ordinating our transportation and reservations at best restaurant in Boston with a special table!

• Petite Single

The "petite" room was really, but really small, basically just the bed with a little bit of room around. But on the other hand, the price was very good.

The location was perfect, right in the city center on the Freedom trail. The atmosphere was wonderful, I felt like I stepped back in time and could meet some rich banker or shipper any time:)

I absolutely loved the shower, however the entire atmosphere of the hotel was fantastic! I cannot wait to go back. The bed was soft, the people were all so friendly and accommodating, from the valets, to the bellhops and counter personnel, to the restaurant staff. The entire experience was beyond perfect.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

The room was a bit small and the food was expensive for families. However, lots of other options nearby.

The location was great, and the hotel itself is beautiful. Good beds, good shower. Can't complain.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The Parker House seems to be a grand hotel going to seed. Lobby and public rooms maintain their polish but my guest room did not. Desk was old - finish rubbed away, chipped and scratched. The desk chair was ripped with stuffing coming out. One small club chair the looked worn and uninviting. Kind of sad. Rooms felt ignored, last updated in 1970???

Location and lobby.

• Premier Suite with King Bed

Almost one month prior I requested via e-mail through booking.com that there be two full beds in the Premier Suite. (This was an option). When I got to the hotel, they said that was not possible. I was very disappointed. I slept on the pull out couch, which was ok, but not too comfortable. I wish I had called the hotel directly prior to stay to ensure I didn't have to sleep on a pullout.

The Premier Suite was very large and well appointed!

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

We only stayed the night, so I guess the only thing that would have been nice was a fridge in the room.

The building was old, and I love old buildings and the stories they can tell.

The room was a bit on the small side, but that's typically to be expected with a historic hotel. Great hotel if you are in town for leisure, but you might want to choose somewhere more modern/spacious if you are in Boston for business.

Great location in the heart of Boston -- the only time we used Uber the entire weekend was to and from the airport. All the staff we encountered were incredibly accommodating, especially at check in and check out. The building is beautiful and the hotel has a lot of history. Comfy beds.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

The bathroom was tiny (not that big of a deal) but also worn. Needs a facelift. Valet parking was $50., the highest I've every paid in any city in the world.

The bed was super soft and comfy. The room was small but very nice. The bar has a fantastic atmosphere, and the waiter was very friendly. The food was tasty. Nice characatures of historical figures who stayed at the hotel, hanging in the bar, and interesting historic paraphernalia in the basement, outside the gym.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

Someone tried getting into our room at 3AM. They opened the door and startled us in the middle of the night. Not sure who it was.

Great location; within walking distance to TD garden.

Very high price for a double room (Marathon w/e I suppose). Beds a bit too high, needed a stool to get up.

Convenience with respect to the T and the MFA

• Premier Suite with King Bed

We purchased beer at famous brewery and we were told we could not take to our room to pack it in our suitcase.

That we were able to get a suite so our sone could stay in our room.

Walls were paper thin and you could hear EVERYTHING that went on in the adjacent rooms and hallways. The hotel rooms are dingy and tiny and in serious need of updates.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

The bar tender with a mustache at the downstairs bar had no idea how to serve people drinks, he ruined our experience one night, however the other bartender the night before was friendly and competent.

• Deluxe Queen Room

TV had to be unplugged and plugged back in to keep working.....after working a couple of hours it wouldn't except the remote commands or even the buttons on the tv itself. Had to call front desk, service guy fixed it, but then I kept doing it myself another eight times. No (free) breakfast provided like the other area hotels.

The bed was very comfortable and the sheets spotlessly clean. Room was very clean. The towels were the thickest and best towels we have ever had at a hotel...really excellent! Really good meals in the hotel restaurant too.

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

Bed wasnt comfortable. I'm a small person & the mattress sank in the middle. It was a disappointment that WiFi was an added fee, whereas most hotels it's included

Overall, it's a beautiful hotel & staff were very friendly & helpful

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

WiFi didn't work for two days (and was very slow), had to change roomkeys four times beause of some problem with the lock, didn't clean the room one day with no special reason, didn't filled up with coffe and tea in the room. The hotell standard didn't match the price we paid.

Good location in the city center close to Boston Common.

• Deluxe Queen Room

- It was expensive for the size of the room. - Room was small (difficult to stand by sink with bathroom door open). - Room was cold if the heater was not on. - Heater was very noisy, so couldn't have it on over night. - Room looked dated. - Bedside cabinet only on one side of the bed, which meant that it was difficult to store some items for either my partner or I. - Although breakfast was good, I thought that it was over-priced. - Porters/doormen were standing around and did not help with bags on arrival (they did help when we were leaving).

- Very historical with lots of character. - Impressive entrance/foyer area. - Brilliant location - right on the freedom trail and close to a lot of sights. - Breakfast was pretty good. - Housekeeping and reception staff were very friendly.

Room service. Quality of food.

Website claims Parker house restaurant open until 12, we could not get room service at 10. We were sent to another restaurant around the corner. Also, I ordered the Boston Benedict for breakfast and the hash was pink...did not feel well after. Very overpriced for breakfast for the quality of the food. However, the last hurrah martinis were delicious.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

Well when booking with booking.com there was a few discrepancies. 1. I was booked online at $458 American a night. When I checked out there was many extra service charges that booking.com dos not specify during the payment process. 2. On the booking.com website it said that the vote was 0km away from the TD Gardens when in reality it was 10-12 blocks. 3. Internet was down for the whole day (April 14th) we stayed, with no data plan being from Canada, this really put a damper on our travelling and communicating.

Beds were comfy

• Deluxe Queen Room

This property is way overpriced for the delivery. The staff was unwelcoming and arrogant. Every opportunity is taken to charge you extravagant amounts from breakfast, to restaurant or valet. A rip off!

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

That you have to pay for WiFi in your room (I recommend becoming a guest member of the hotel for free before you travel and then you get free WiFi in your room) That you have to pay extra for breakfast (when you are paying on average Eur200 per night, breakfast should be included in the price)

The character and history of the hotel, location is superb, staff were really helpful and friendly

• Petite Single

Rooms and facilities are run-down, have a stench, are tasteless and totally overpriced. Very noisy at night. Hotel staff put me in a ugly, tiny, smelly room for over $400 a night - absolutely ridiculous.

Beautiful old building with gorgeous lobby area

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

Staff not attentive to guests- crowdedness Woke up on Sunday Easter to banging noise at 8:30 that lasted for a while, when I called guest services they said that they would look into it , but it didn’t stop and no one checked back with me.

Pretty building

• Deluxe Queen Room

There was some convention going on and we were charged some kind of convention tax. We were not there for this convention, we were celebrating our anniversary.

We had burgers for dinner and they were delicious! The bartender was very nice, as were all staff we interacted with.

• Executive King Room with King bed

It was always a problem turning the lights on and off! Perhaps a little too historic.

Historic building in Boston. Room was fantastic - very large, bed so comfortable, very welcoming hotel. The location was great also. Very close to subway station. Would definitely stay there again, and recommend it to family and friends.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

We could hear the neighbours through the wall. The situation with paying the bill is very confusing. It was quite expensive considering our room wasn't very big even for a standard size.

The lobby. The high beds which were extremely comfy. The staff. The bar. The shop on the premises. The location.

• Petite Single

bathroom was old, but functional (bathtub was scratched but clean). could stand updating

Bed was very comfy! staff in the bar were very friendly and efficient...really liked that atmosphere for a small bite to eat

The first time we went to was nice, but fair sized, and the view was a close, brick wall of the building next door. Being claustrophobic that was unsettling but then the fire alarm went off and being on the fifth floor and having to use the stairwell it was discomforting. Upon request the staff did move us to a second room which was extremely small although very cute very romantic with an alley view. Much better though. Our stay was very nice.

Loved the location and the fact it had plenty of places to eat and drink right on the premises

The manager was not that cooperative for payment in different card,they thought we are robbers. And breakfast was worst.

Other than the manager(Indian lady) everyone is ok.

Bathtub finish needed repair. Loud heater fan. Parker's restaurant a bit too expensive.

Bed was very comfortable. Easy check in/out. Easy car park. Great location for walking to food, sights. Though expensive, Parker's Restaurant drinks and food were very good. Parker's Restaurant at hotel very convenient.

The room was quite small for a double, with hardly enough room for our luggage. The bathroom didn't have a fan, and there was no mini-fridge. The bellhop was also not wearing a badge when I arrived, so I wasn't sure if he actually worked for the hotel or if he was just running a scam. The TV was smaller than expected in my room. I booked online, and the front desk/main phone number for Omni Parker House made it very difficult to adjust the dates of my coworker's accommodations, when he had to arrive late and leave earlier than planned. They cancelled his room through a series of miscommunications when he didn't check in on time, leading to a frustrating time spent on hold for 30 minutes trying to solve the problem. Don't count on an easy fix to your problems if something comes up (like a blizzard).

Staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and made me feel welcome. Taxis were seconds away whenever I needed one, and the bellhop would whistle one down as soon as you asked. Lots of history in the building, and some seriously great food. The breakfast buffet was excellent, with lots of choices and great value. Dinner in the main restaurant made me want to return a second time, since the first experience was surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant. The vibe of the entire hotel was pretty wonderful.

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

Bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept in. The Parker House is a beautiful, classy Boston treasure and very little has changed there since I was a young boy.

• Premier Suite with King Bed

The prices in the attached shop. $4.99 for a bottle of water and miserable staff too every time we went in.

The hotel staff were all lovely including the doormen and the cleaners and reception.

• Traditional Room with Full Size Bed

The bathroom is so tiny that we have to jump over the toilets to close the door and jump back to open it since there is only a few cm in between the door the toilet and the shower!

Good geographic situation, clean

• Deluxe Queen Room

I just had the oatmeal -- but instead of serving it with brown sugar, as the menu promises, they provided me with a few packets of Sugar In The Raw. The walls between rooms are thin; I was awoken several times by a crying baby. Overall I'd say that this is a nice hotel in a great part of the city; but I've stayed at several Omni locations in the past and this is really not the best one.

The food was fine and the staff was efficient.

Property is dated and in need of some updating. The first room that I was given did not have a single outlet available around the desk area. Bed was not great and the room was very small. Making guests pay for WIFI in this day and age is rediculous and a free bottle of water should always be available in rooms.

• Deluxe Room with Two Full Beds

I would be hesitant to stay here in the future as they allow pets in all rooms. This does not seem necessary as it is a large hotel and they could easily designate one or two floors for pets. I have allergies so to arrive in Boston only to suffer (asthma - not a stuffy nose) would be a risk I would not want to take. Also pet rooms just get gross. The girl at the front desk told us they shampoo the carpet after every guest. We laughed - the carpets would be perpetually sopping wet if they actually did this. My room wasn’t vacuumed around the baseboards and could have used a dusting on the tabletops (and glass bathroom toiletries rack). The room reeked of air freshener (again my allergies) so I propped open the window (thank you Gideons) and kept the Do Not Disturb sign on the door the entire 6 days I was there.

Good size double room, small bathroom. Good bed, high and very comfortable. Although the room could have used a dusting and a sweep around the baseboards overall it was very nice for the price. Most nights it was quiet but my last two nights the people in the adjacent room had the tv on constantly till 10 pm and the shows were audible. Nicer than I expected for the price and location. Very nice employees and the bonus was a nice gym. The upstairs bar overlooking the old City Hall and King’s Chapel is a lovely spot for a drink or tea. The Boston Cream Pie was a disappointment - but I can say I had it at the Parker. I suggest Mike’s Pastry, three locations - a nice big slice of bcp and excellent cannolis too. If not for their policy of allowing pets in all rooms I’d stay here again in a minute.

• Petite Single

I took advantage of excellent rates at Omni Parker for a 2-night stay in Boston. Haska at Front Desk for check in was wonderful. Concierge was extremely friendly and helpful (I collected packages and borrowed umbrella). Decor was delightful with a wonderful Old World feel. Location was excellent - 10 minute walk into North End, less than 10 minutes to Quincy Market. Easy access for travel outside city.

Shower stall was too small, and had a cheap plastic curtain. Carpet in common area was of inferior quality.

Location was great. Breakfast buffet was wonderful. Room was nice.

• Executive Room with Two Full Beds

a little bit bigger bathroom.

Very kind people, clean and elegant historic Hotel, BUT bathroom TOTALLY unconfortable, So small, when you open its door collides with toilette how small it is. My score for Room 10, my score for bathroom 1.

• Petite Single

Extraordinary hotel. In the center of Boston near to everything, the Common, Faneuil, etc, with the stately air that give it its 200 years of life. Small room but enough and the best bed I have ever slept. Coffee service free in the room. The reception staff very friendly, specially, Mr. Yunes, charging daily my European IPhone. Unbeatable price-quality ratio in low season. A wonderful hotel to enjoy the great Boston.

• Petite Single

My room was somewhat small. Otherwise, everything excellent.

Very convenient for the airport, 3 stops on the 'T'. Excellent location in central Boston. I was passing through Boston Airport and needed a hotel nearby for an early morning flight. The staff were friendly and efficient. I had a really nice meal in the hotel restaurant, much appreciated after my long flight.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The staff at the check in / check out desk could have been a little more friendlier.

Location, the whole experience was excellent, the history of the hotel was fascinating, enjoyed talking to fellow travelers who also enjoyed their stay.

• Executive Room with Two Full Beds

Construction at night. They were cutting something with a chainsaw. I wish I would of known this beforehand. Especially with younger kids. It would of been help to be placed on the other side away from construction.