Reviews of Boulder Station Hotel Casino 3 stars

4111 Boulder Highway, Boulder Strip, Las Vegas, NV 89121, USA

#115 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

The property is off the strip, which was what we were...
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The property is off the strip, which was what we were looking for as we used the hotel as a base to visit the national parks. The property is very close to the highway which was great for us.

Overall I liked the cleanliness of the room.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I did not like the distance the customer had to walk to get to the elevators to get to the room plus you had to walk through the casino bumping into other customers and objects along the way. It was humiliating and felt I walked a mile to the elevators with my bags.

Overall we Would stay here again
    • Standard King Room

The room could've been cleaner, we would have liked that the bedding and towels smelled fresher

The property has many restaurants and entertainment for everyone in the family. the pool is a good size and the property has security throughout.The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated.nice and quiet

Nobody fixed the air
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The air wasn’t working it was hot. When I walked in I smelled pot and it’s a non smoking floor and room I sprayed I had to buy febreeze the people next door to me were having orgasms and I had my kids with me we didn’t want to hear all of that stuff banging wall and moaning all the morning and night couldn’t sleep

I like the room and the price

Never Again
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I would not recommend this hotel to an enemy... I was hit with a $175 deposit. My room only cost $145.50

The front desk personnel were slower then Molasses in the winter time. I did not like anything about this hotel

I'd definitely stay there again.
    • Standard King Room

The only negative, and it was really no biggie, was the ceiling light in the room entrance was out. Called the front desk to report it. The light was still not fixed five days later when I checked out. An in-room safe would be nice. Also, there were no cameras in the hallways but I felt safe regardless.

Rooms have been updated. Sure they show some wear & tear - totally normal. But I didn't experience ANY of the horror stories I read in the reviews. No stinky sewer water, no lack of hot water, no clogged sinks. The casino IS NOT some enclosed ashtray that many previous guests have reported. You can't smell it through the door. I have been in FAR worse. The variety of restaurants was great. Not the greatest - buffet & cafe were on the bland side BUT it happens when appealing to the masses - but not inedible. Staff throughout the facility were very friendly & accommodating. It was nice to have security at the elevator entrance to the hotel & having to swipe your room key to access.

Overall it was very pleasant and I would stay again!
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The walk to the guest rooms was a bit far from the front of the building, but hey you're in Vegas so I guess a lot of walking is to be expected!

The rooms were nice and clean!

Excellent value
    • Standard King Room

Seating in the Guadalajara needs attention to repairing the booth seats, they were ripped and cracked, atmosphere is important and this made it feel low budget. Although Food was excellent.

Excellent value

Nice rooms, friendly staff
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Entering hotel through the casino, which was always crowdy. It wasnt nice look at those people who spent there days and nites. We aldo didnt like that there was no quite breakfast place- we got budget for 20 dollars per day to spent them at local places (subway, burger king etc), which were at casino area.

Nice rooms, friendly staff

Overall, the three of us were very please and enjoyed our stay.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

We could still smell some cigarette smoke in our room, but understandable due to the open smoking downstairs. We are from Eastern side of the US and not used to smoking restaurants, bars etc.

Food was good in three restaurants that we visited. The staff in the gift shop was very friendly and extremely helpful on each occasion that we needed something. Check-in was a breeze and even though we checked in at 2:30a.me, she was very accommodating!! Security was comfortable.

The place is large and airy.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The place is large and airy. I felt very comfortable and at home there. Very clean. Drink service was a bit slow at times though. It was my first time staying there but for sure not my last!

Food very good, rooms very good, but Casino should be smoke free
    • Standard King Room

That people still smoke. Why not build a casino that there is no smoking aloud anywhere on the premise. Those few smokers ruined my wife and I's experience in the Casino.

The friendly folks running the buffet

Meet our needs.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

No wifi first night, peeling wallpaper, smoke, could not cool room as much as we would like to. The added fees on top of what the room cost was.

Price, buffet was pretty good.

I paid too much for a disgusting room.
    • Standard King Room

The room was dirty and need to be remodeled. I understand they have hundreds of rooms but it's important to make sure if you're going to charge hundreds of dollars for one night you should make sure that the rooms are in good standard.

Boulder Station food was very nice and very good food was...
    • Standard King Room

The only thing that I didn't like was the long walk from the checking in desk to the rooms that was the only thing that was a long walk especially when you are tired from traveling that is the only thing I think you guys maybe need to have you know someone to bring the luggage that help with the luggage other than that everything what's Copa static thank you Miss Watson

Boulder Station food was very nice and very good food was hot will serve very well very clean wasn't dirty food was not hanging everywhere and the waitresses was very friendly and very nice and I did enjoy you all's food there and I will recommend family and friends that comes to Vegas to Boulder Station Casino mrs. Watson

The overall stay was good because there where no loud noises in our floor and the food was great.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The mattress where too hard nothing to see on tv.Wish it had a coffee maker in our room.Too many taxes and fees included in our account.

My kids loved eating at the buffet they tried breakfast& dinner.The staff there was very friendly.

Other than the beds my stay was fabulous
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The beds felt like torture racks. The vegetable frittata in the cafe was horrible. I sent it back and received a delicious omelet.

The staff, everywhere, were very friendly and extra helpful.

For the price I was satisfied. I would come back.
    • Standard King Room

The room was a little on the old side and the shower was not great but okay.

I liked the casino. The set up is easy flowing. The hotel was pretty good, I was just expecting a little wow I guess. But all in all it was very nice for the price. Over all I would rate the room 7 1/2.

Awful
    • Standard King Room

Being 20 I can’t drink alcohol which is fair enough, but when I can’t order a pint of coke or even get a 28 year old to order me a pint of coke, that’s ridiculous. I stayed two separate nights, one night I was charged a $100 deposit and $22 room fee, the first night I wasn’t...

Leaving

Not happy how little we were comped for the inconvience.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

At 10:30 at night we were woken by the alarm system. We were told to wait while they investigate. Then told to evacuate, but soon after got the all clear. The alarm was still going off. It lasted about 30 minutes. They took 19.20 off the bill. Really....a bit of a disappointment.

Room was spacious and comfortable.

Ok
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

When i got no confirmation for my room i went to site and it said it wasn't complete so finished then got confirmation. Dont understand how i ended up with 2 rooms. Hope you can correct this.

No coffe pot in room. Some how they said i had booked 2 rooms instead of one and wanted money for both rooms!! Tryed to cancel with you and noticed i was booked twice!

Staff had bad attitude , one even had the audacity to tell...
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Staff had bad attitude , one even had the audacity to tell me and my friends that if we continued to play in the one cent machines we would not be getting drinks. I think this casino need to train their workers. I’ll not stay here any more

The quickness of check in and the facility
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I Booked a smoking room and king size bed, no rooms were available for what I asked for. I ended up with none smoking and two queen size beds. This isn't the first time this has happened at this location.

The quickness of check in and the facility

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The staff was awesome
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I repeated several times that I had a son in a wheel chair and needed a wheel chair accessible room but did not get a roll in shower

The staff was awesome

nothing.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Staff was rude especially the front desk. I will definitely not be returning

nothing. Staff was rude especially the front desk. I will definitely not be returning

Loved it! Everything was peaceful and relaxing.
    • Standard King Room

Cynthia at the front desk was amazing!!!! She started a very relaxing stay at this hotel and we had zero issues bringing our service dog, they even have a special area just for them to potty.

It was a short stay but very comfortable.

Can't think of anything.

I will be staying at this property a lot as my business is just a few minutes away. The staff is very accommodating and courteous.

Boulder backache
    • Standard King Room

The beds were very uncomfortable. My lower back was in agony after the first nite. I went to the front desk and asked for several more pillows so I could make it threw the rest of my stay.

Easy to walk around casino place to place without getting lost.

Great view, very relaxing. Just what I wanted.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I called the night before check out day to get a late check out, but was told i had to call morning of check out to get an answer.

Hotel workers very nice and friendly. All questions answered. Small problem in the room fixed right away.

A beautiful clean hotel. Love the security and the easy access to you car if you don't use valay par
    • Standard King Room

The $20.00 we were asked to pay for the use of the gym. Whether you use the gym or not. Two months ago when we stayed there we were not asked to pay that. I found that to be a little strange.

It's off the strip, quiet and affordable.

The security system to be able to access your room.

I booked for non smoking rooms and then boulder starion was pretty much likd oh you get what you get even after i said i had asthma they gave me smoking rooms...I found a medication pill under the bed...my one year old almost got to it...and found a burnt match in the bathroom.

The security system to be able to access your room. I felt a little more safe. Thank you.

Great stay!
    • Standard King Room

Lost a little more than I would have liked but over all great visit

Burger and fries at the grand station were great! She loved the German Chocolate cake

Will not stay again

See comments

Very confusing to get from front desk to parking and then find your room Also booking.com advertised price was half the actual price paid And the bill your account immediately on booking reservation. This reallyvnegates ability to change or cancel without financial penalties (if there is currency exchange)

Good bang for your buck. Friendly staff.
    • Standard King Room

Casino floor is a little smokey but that's to expect...

Bell desk staff was very helpful with my bags and gear for trade-show. $8 buckets of beer in Havana Lounge during Thursday night football was a great deal.

Great stay overall.
    • Standard King Room

Bed was too firm for me but my husband liked it. We had a non- smoking room on a non smoking floor. The people in the room next to us were using marijuana and it would come through the vents and was a very prominent smell in our room.

Food was great. King Room was a nice size with a generous seating area.

Was OK.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Desk clerks are not very friendly....do not reallyg inform you about the hotel. The building design of regestring at one end of the building g and then dragging all your luggage clear across the building is horrible. What idfiot came up with that? Hall carpet is really really in need of a shampoo.

The staff on cleaning and in food areas were very nice. Food in the Cafe was good.

The stay was as expected, since we stayed there the previous year.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The view, next time we will make sure to stay in a even number room and also ask for a disable equipped room. The toilet heights are way to low for us.

proximity to the freeway

This place is awful on room size.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

This place is awful on room size. no outlets and dirty carpets in the hallways. I was disappointed. I won't be back there again. I checked out and came to the RIO, which is much better.

Had a variety of activities and places to eat.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Check in for hotel at one entrance but then had to walk through entire casino with luggage to get to elevators for hotel rooms

Had a variety of activities and places to eat.

I was glad there is a movie theater on site, we were...
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The amount of smoke in the buffet area seemed over whelming this time. The service in the cafe was slower than past visits as well.

I was glad there is a movie theater on site, we were traveling with two school age kids and needed something to keep them busy.

Relaxing place to stay. Off the beaten path, but close enough to the center of town.
    • Standard King Room

Hallway carpet was dirty.

Large selection of meal choices. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was large, clean and well furnished. Pool was heavenly.

Enjoyable place off the strip.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Hotel is smoky. People smoke even if front of no smoking sign.

The Breakfast Buffet was great however it wasn't free. However room was good and quiet. I would stay again.

I like the buffet they have, really good food.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I didnt like th fact that I requested a fridge and I had to call several times to finally get it on my last night. Also the bathtub had some plumming issues and the shower aswell didnt work that good.

I like the buffet they have, really good food.

Good but could be better.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The manager was giving me a hard time when I needed to extend my stay. It was frustrating especially since I had not only stayed there a few time but I rented 2 rooms at a time. Oh and there mexican restaurant sucked! I didn't eat a quarter of my plate it wasn't good.

They had things for the kids to do but was expensive.

Good option to avoid overpriced and overhyped strip hotels.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool is literally outside of the hotel next to the parking lot. Felt like a roadside motel. The wifi was weak in the room, and the speeds were lacking.

It was possible to get to the elevators without having to go through the casino. That's not always a given in Las Vegas.

Amazing staff that went out of their way that made us feel welcomed.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The bed was horrible, very uncomfortable, and the Chicken Fried Steak was awful, it was a small piece of steak with a pound of breading on it.

The Staff was amazing, felt like I was being treated like a rock-star. The only reason I would go back there again was because of their staff. From check-in to security to serving our food, it was just amazing on how nice and attentive their staff was to us. The Italian restaurant was amazing, incredibly good food.

Staycation
    • Standard King Room

Staff at rewards card sign up were huge jerks in every way. Food was just ok everywhere on property Pool was not over crowded and had plenty of towels but it was freezing..

Kids quest... I love the staff there if you plan on coming because of the family friendly things...you will not be disappointed....movies...pool...arcade..and kids quest

Worth the Stay!
    • Standard King Room

I dont have anything bad to say about the rooms, employees or the hotel itself.

Quietness , close 2 strip and family. I usually stay here when I travel to Las Vegas. I like how you have to show your room card to the security right next to the elevators.

Good food but room was okay.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Received a smoking room and shower cover was off in the bathroom.

The different restaurants made choosing what to eat much easier. The movie theater was nice to have on site.

Good fun but let us sleep in a bit
    • Standard King Room

I now live in Arizona and have only been to Vegas several times during the past 10 years to see my mother who was visiting from Ohio. She has stayed at a Strip hotel, and apparently we were dressed and out the door at a relatively early hour. During my Boulder Station stay this week, housekeeping knocked on our door around 8:30 both mornings. Seemed a tad early to me, especially when many people are up late the previous night in the casino. The housekeeper was pleasant, however, and cheerfully said she'd return a little later. But coming to clean the room before 9 a.m.? Too early for me.

I lived in Las Vegas for several years, and Boulder Station was my favorite 'locals' casino. It was close to my home, and I tended to have good luck there gambling (although I'm a nickel video poker player, nothing major). I have always found Boulder Station to be fun and clean, the food in the restaurants is good, and the staff friendly and welcoming.

Great value
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The buffet wasn't the best kinda reminded us of Vegas vacation I'll have some of the blue don't be stingy with it now cmon

The staff was great and rooms nice quality for the price we paid

Stay on the strip if youre in Las Vegas
    • Standard King Room

Its position was remote. and..the hotel was outdated. It seemed like the guests were just there for the gambling.

We chose this hotel because it was near the car and RV rental depots

Ok hotel, dishonest staff
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Dishonest maids. We had my daughter's wallet with her birthday money and my son's headphones in the nightstand drawer. We had mistakenly left them in the nightstand drawer when we checked out. We went back two hours later and asked if they had been turned in. The hotel manager then escorted my husband up into our room and they were gone. When the manager asked the house maid if she had seen them, she said no. This was only within two hours of us leaving them there. My daughter was devastated that her money was taken. It was in a princess wallet. Who steals money from a little kid?!

Breakfast buffet was good.

it was a good place to stay at.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

What I didn't like is that I had to kill a (1) cockaroach in the bathroom. :(. did not expect that other wise it was good. I am use to seeing them on the streets or outside in the grounds where ther is alot of moisture but not in the rooms. Other than that we did not see any more cockroaches. I would stay there again. but this time I would inform the front desk if this happen again.

What I like is how convient it was to go to everywhere near by. It was right off the freeway and a mall 10 minuets away. Walmart and Target near by. Any major store was withing 30 min. driving. And I found a Catholic church less then 10 min away. Really a good place to stay.

Liked the assorted restaurants inside
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds, they were horrible and the fact that their was no blankets or extra blankets. But everything else was perfect.

Liked the assorted restaurants inside

Worth the price, barely
    • Standard King Room

Despite the "resort fee" we had no coffee maker or fridge. No newspaper, although promised. No instructions on checkout or other information about amenities. The front desk would not help us find a place on the property where there was an electric plug to charge our volt. Normally, I don't mind walking, but in 109 degrees at night, it would have been nice to park closer to the room.

The wi-fi worked well, however. The front desk would not help us find a place on the property where there was an electric plug to charge our Chevy Volt. The shower worked well and everything was clean. The room was spacious. The bed was comfortable enough.

• Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Employees there I thought were very rude could not get any of the transactions done right I got double pay for my room that I had booked online I had paid for it on my credit card and told them I didn't want to pay for it on my credit card just to hold the room when I had arrived to the room I had got I had paid in cash and was told my card will not be charged but I got paid double for the room when I was only supposed to paid cash just a credit card to hold the room.so with my card being deducted when I paid in cash completely put my vacation on hold because I had no available funds. Although I did receive my cash payment back I still had to stop my day and return to the room to receive my refund. Then to top it off I went negative in my account because funds were taken out that shouldn't have been and nevada does not have my bank in their state whatsoever so I had to just cancel my whole account put it on hold being that it was 4th of July weekend and had to get a hold of a worker on the automated machine but I couldn't because it was a holiday weekend and my whole trip was pretty much just ruined because I double paid for a room that I shouldn't have even double paid for it when I specifically said the credit card was just a hold of room I was going to pay in cash to pay for the room

Close to Las Vegas Strip

Value for money !!
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

- There was no Kettle in room - Location was little bit far away from strip - Got bitten by bed bugs little bit !!

- Buffet food was Terrific, we ate Breakfast and Dinner buffet on all days - Decent Hotel - Value for money

Location was good
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The room was old and needs to be remodeled. The room could have been a bit cleaner too as I saw somethings hadn't been cleaned at all or very well.

Overall, the food was good since I went to the buffets

"I always go back to Boulder station"
    • Standard King Room

The only thing that I have to admit is that the fitness room can use more things and could be bigger.

Everything was great, the smothered breakfast burrito and pancakes were excellent at the cafe, It has become a must everytime I go to boulder station, I was a resident of Las Vegas for many years and now that I moved out of state I always return to boulder station. Good job guys!

Worthwhile

It's hot!!!!!

I booked the stay for my 74 year old mother who is relocating here, to Las Vegas. The hotel staff and casino staff have made her stay here better than any of her previous visits on the strip. I'm January 2018 she turns 75. It is my hope to book every relative coming out to celebrate at Boulder Station

I had a very nice stay at this property with friendly staff and guests not to mention very affordabl
    • Standard King Room

No small fridge and microwave.

Friendly staff and guests. View of the mountains and city. Very comfortable beds. Could of used a small fridge but i managed...thank you for the free ice ☺ and a nice stay. Love the new slot machines. Have a nice day.

Breakfast is my main meal of the day, buffet, service, and...
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Breakfast is my main meal of the day, buffet, service, and food were exceptional. Being from the Hawaii, white rice is a main staple, and I was disappointed that it was not part of the buffet.

Away from Las Vegas Strip
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I could here noise and people talking late at night after an event. The carpet in the hallways was a bit tired and even though we were on a nonsmoking floor you could smell cigarettes. Apparently people smoke in the staircases.

Check in was quick and efficient. The rooms were fine. Food was good. Location was away from the strip but that was good for us and the purpose of my trip.

Loved it
    • Standard King Room

Baby sittin open earlier 11 is to late.

I loved it, plus I won on elvira, nice arcade, they should have babysitting open earlier though I could have gambled more

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Fun place, great value, good food and great service
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room did not have a refrigerator, but I am sure other rooms do, and we only stay for one night at the time, so that was ok.

We love the location,,we travel from Phoenix to south Lake Tahoe every year and this is the third year we stayed here. Close to the freeway, we love the atmosphere, the rooms and they have a great choice of restaurants right here for food. Staff is really nice, this was the first time to use booking.com and we will book again on our way back to stay here. The valet parking and the bell desk are really great! There is a special kids corner and even a movie theater on the premises. We love the local atmosphere, people from Vegas like to hang out here. We had dinner at the Italian restaurant and it was very good. We also received a free breakfast with our room. Great value for what you get.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Total disrespect
    • Standard King Room

Horrible staff. No privacy. Players rewards useless and extremely low rewards. Management makes senseless excuses at hotel desk. Never again will I stay here. Cleaning service walked in my room at 8am while I was sleeping so I was not able to drive back home to return to work on time. Other issues included because to many problems at this Hotel and casino

Love the boulder station casino
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

Our water smelled weird on the restroom. Socdidvour room after a couple of nights.

Loved everything about out stay. Love the extra security with getting to our rooms and verification process💕

Make sure you get what you book!!!!
    • Standard King Room

We didn't get what we booked. Standard not deluxe room. And breakfast was not included like stated on the offer. Our booking was changed.

The Casino

Loved the breakfast buffet that came with my package , the...
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

That they didn't have any smoking rooms available and I made sure to put that when I book the room in advance a few days earlier

Loved the breakfast buffet that came with my package , the bonus was that the momosas was free & unlimited.

Air conditioned room was very comfortable in the 114 degree...
    • Standard King Room

Poor lighting in the bathroom with one light bulb burned out. Guess it is designed for those that party all night and don't want to see themselves in the AM.

Air conditioned room was very comfortable in the 114 degree heat. Security was very good as you needed to show a room key prior to going up the elevator.

Definitely staying here again!
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The time the housekeeper came to knock on the door is early and then kept coming to knock more after that. I understand they don't know what time the guest leaves the room.

The bed was very comfortable, the room clean and ready when we got there to check in, the check in and check out process was fast and easy.

I had requested 2 queen beds through Booking.
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

I had requested 2 queen beds through Booking.com but was given a king bed at hotel due to availability. Inconvenience due to we had two children. Accommodation was a roll out.

In need of a major overhaul and poor odds at gaming tables!
    • Standard Room with King Bed or Two Queen Beds

The hotel is in major need of an update. The hallway carpets were threadbare and the overall feeling of the hotel was dumpy. Also the table game odds were terrible.

The hotel has restaurants, a movie theater, gaming, and a pool all on premise. Parking was easy and plentiful.

Its good for a short stay.
    • Standard King Room

Poor selection of food and quality. The garage parking was a long way from the hotel. The free internet connection is very poor, but it's OK for email and minor work. I would have expected a better internet connection considering the cost of the stay.

The rooms were clean and tidy, the bed was comfortable. The elevators worked well and they were reasonably quick. Did not have to wait long.

Browse Boulder Station Hotel Casino traveller photo gallery