Reviews of Hotel Boulderado 4 stars

2115 13th Street, Boulder, CO 80302, USA

#2 of 18 hotels in Boulder

9.7

See above

got there and did not know where to park. so I parked on the side next to building. Your valet saw that and instead of identifying himself and asking who i was he just assumed that I was an illegal person who wanted to park there. He Could have been more diplomatic and ask first instead of accusing me of illegal parking. I had to ask him who he was. He had your shirt on and that is when I thought that maybe he worked for you. So my first impression was a little tainted by this experience. I was told to pull around to the front and then park there to get checked in. Even here since it was full and I pulled into a spot that was not a space again a different person accused me of parking in the wrong spot. Other than that all was ok. Customer relations is needed in your valet staff.

location and the history of the hotel. Room big and it has two sinks.

Please see above.
    • Elegant Suite

I liked everything and everyone at hotel. Staff was solicitous as caring. Service was wonderful.

Please see above. You are aware of importance of hospitality, which you have done so very well

The ambiance and style in the lounge area was awesome.
    • Superior Queen Room

The ambiance and style in the lounge area was awesome. We enjoyed the level of service and comfort and beautiful music playing while we were relaxing in the late afternoon.

Nice but room could have been better.
    • Superior Queen Room

I didn’t realize there were the difference from the main side of hotel to the North side. I had heard rave reviews of the rooms from friends but I was never told about the different rooms. The North side needs to be updated and decor improved.

Wonderful staff, food and drinks.

The room was beautiful!
    • Traditional Queen Room

The room was beautiful! Living area separate from the bedroom, beautiful balcony off the bedroom, clean and perfect! The only thing was our room was next to the elevator and the door closing on it was VERY loud! But, overall it is a great hotel with wonderful staff in a perfect location. We will stay there again!

Fun stay at a nice old hotel
    • Superior Queen Room

We asked for a queen bed but only got a double. Valet was expensive.

Breakfast hostess and servers were friendly and food was delicious! Lavender mimosas were great. Room was comfortable and clean.

Lovely historic hotel perfectly located for business in downtown Boulder.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Great atmosphere, beautiful building, attentive and friendly staff. Perfectly located for the heart of downtown Boulder. Lovely bars and a comfortable room. Works great for me, I'm becoming a regular on my visits to Boulder.

Woken early by housekeeping all wknd...
    • Superior Queen Room

I️ hated the fact that the housekeepers routinely started vacuuming outside the rooms before 9 a.m. on wknds ! After complaining they started up the next day just one half hour later. Totally ridiculous and not conducive to sleeping. Lots of parents staying to visit their CU students and staying out late with them. Parents deserve to sleep in on wknds ! All guests paying those expensive rates deserve this same courtesy ! There are lots of nice hotels in Boulder to explore....

Liked so many things about this Iconic western historical hotel including the restaurants / bars and service.

A great get away to have fun in Boulder!
    • Traditional Queen Room

They did not have my reservation despite the confirmation number from Booking.com, but they found me a room for the price I had already been guaranteed.

Perfect location to enjoy downtown Boulder!

Great historic hotel with nice amenities and a friendly staff close to Pearl Street!
    • Boulderado King Room

Super unique historical hotel extremely close to Pearl Street. Staff was helpful and friendly even letting us know the weather was going to take a turn for the worse when we arrived and suggesting we take an umbrella when we ventured out. Loved the coffee shop inside the hotel. Valet was super convenient and you can leave your car there all day even after you check out once you pay for the day. The room we stayed in was historical in look and feel, but had all the current day amenities. The historic elevator is cool, needing to be run by staff only. Historic info is all around the hotel which is interesting. Work out room is tiny, but it serves its purpose. I would definitely stay here again!

Top notch people, property and location. Choose the Boulderado!
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

The location of the Boulderado can not be beat. We loved The Corner Bar for a drink and snack. Our room was spacious, even for a family of four, and the beds were very comfortable. The valet staff was excellent and even loaned us a snow brush when the one that came with our rental car broke. We would definitely return to the Boulderado on our next visit.

I'll be back!
    • Boulderado King Room

It was all good. I lost my FitBit, called within an hour after leaving letting the staff to be on the look out. No one called for a day and a half, then I called and spoke to a person at the desk and then the head housekeeper. Unfortunately, no luck.

Had breakfast before leaving, food was excellent, service was a little slow. Took a while to get the bill. Room was comfortable and clean

Our stay couldn't have been better!

Nothing we didn't like.

The Boulderado has so much character and ambience. We've stayed multiple times at this hotel. It is centrally located to restaurants, bars, and shopping within walking distance. The rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. I would rate them a 10+ on cleanliness. We'll stay there again.

An authentic old hotel, would be esp. popular with those who dislike updated 'boutique' hotels!
    • Traditional Queen Room

Very central, historic hotel. Not a 'boutique' hotel in the current sense, the decor is old fashioned but well maintained and comfortable. We also enjoyed the Friday night live jazz band in the basement bar. Very cool. Also quite busy, but not TOO busy.

Great location, lovely historic building. Decorated very nicely for Christmas .
    • Traditional Queen Room

They told me I could pay with a different card at checkout but when I checked out they had already charged my card. Someone else was planning to pay. Doesn’t change my opinion of this lovely place.

Wonderful
    • Traditional Queen Room

I messaged the booking assistant for Booking.com, asking if possible for a corner room, something a bit romantic for a surprise for my husband for our 5 yr anniversary, they said they would contact the property then reply to me however I never received a reply or a corner room but it’s ok

Very beautiful, very welcoming

See Above.

Nothing!!!!

We liked everything! The staff is superlative!! The Boulderado is the BEST hotel that I have ever stayed in. I'm 63 and have stayed in many hotels. The Boulderado wins!!

Fabulous location!
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

Not much. No breakfast, restaurant facilities could be better...but then again, so close to so many other places, why would you stay in?

Fabulous location! Right at the heart of Pearl St mall. Historic building oozes character. Coffee bar serves Boxcar (local) espresso.

Staff is not very friendly or caring
    • Boulderado King Room

Stayed 2 nights. Both nights was awoken by a very nosy person above me. I called to complain the first night. They said they would go talk to the person. I don’t think they did because the noise continued. The next morning I complained to the front staff. They just sort of looked at me like “what are we supposed to do about it”. Also, when we arrived we were hungry and wanted to go get something to eat. They told us they would take all our luggage up to our room for us. They grabbed my husbands coat and hung it on the luggage cart. The next morning it was snowing. My husband looked all over the room for his coat. We went to front desk hoping they had it. It was in the lost and found. I would have thought they could have handled that better. Like not have lost it in the first place?? Again the staff was very relaxed. Didn’t apologize at all. The staff was all very young and didn’t appear to care much about their jobs or their guests. When I checked out it was a quick process. So I said “is that it?” The girl said “yep”. And that was it. No “thank you for staying with us” nothing at all. Maybe it’s because I’m from the south where people are gracious and friendly towards one another.

Room was great. Very nice looking, clean and a comfortable bed. I had a view of an alley way

Beautiful building in a great location without any customer service.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

The rooms are really far away from reception in another building accessed via a skywalk only on the second floor. They charge hotel guests $20 per day for valet parking, but there is a big sign out front saying free parking for brunch guests. It seems strange to offer that service free to customers spending less on brunch than on an overnight stay. Additionally, there were two weddings taking place at the hotel, and we were told "things just get loud" when the party ended at the hotel bar and some of the guests continued their party in the room next to ours at 3:30 am.

Beautiful historic building and great location!

Very good - I would go back.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

Room view was via a car park - but we could see the mountains.

Overall service was excellent, staff were well trained and courteous. We enjoyed our stay.

Very friendly staff;
    • Traditional Queen Room

Only stayed one night. Would have liked more.

Very friendly staff; food was very good; great decor and furnishings. Would stay there again without hesitation.

Helped our son move in to a new apartment and the hotel was a perfect location. Parking was great
    • Boulderado King Room

Stayed in newer building and had to navigate too many stairs etc when staying on first floor. Not a deal breaker though but could be difficult for an older person

Location, beautiful historic hotel. Staff very helpful and friendly

Our stay was comfortable and pleasant.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

This hotel was outstanding. An older hotel that is meticulous maintained. It is easily accessible to the highlights of Boulder. We had breakfast there where the coffee and food were excellent and the staff friendly, fast and efficient. My teens especially like name and have requested that you never change it.

Had a great time at the Hotel Boulderado
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

This was a great well maintained early 20th century hotel. The rooms were uniquely decorated, spacious and clean. The restaurants and bars in the hotel served wonderful food and drinks. Above all the staff were excellent!!!!

Location was wonderful.
    • Elegant Suite

Restaurant was ok, staff was not particularly friendly. Wonderful options close by.

Location was wonderful. Fun elevator, staff was really quick to come drive it whenever I called for it.

Fun in the mountains

The room tax that was levied each day. Added over $150 to the bill

The location was in the heart of all the action near Pearl Street. The staff was also really helpful.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

Being stuck at the far end of the auxiliary building which was hard to get to. We thought we were going to stay in a historic hotel and ended up in the building next to one.

Location and ambience in main hotel

Boulderado delivers
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

The sauce on my Eggs Benedict was blah, no hint of the lemon it should have. But otherwise pretty good. My husband's vegetable omelette was great.

Historic building near great outdoor pedestrian mall in center of Boulder. Easy walk to fun bars, good restaurants & interesting shops. The hotel's own basement level bar is attractive & fun; it was a speakeasy originally, dating to about 1909. Our 2 queen bedroom was quiet & spacious. Breakfast was not included but was in a nice cafe, and very good.

Great hotel, fantastic location
    • Boulderado King Room

Located a block north of Pearl St and only 2 blocks from the RTD airport bus stop, this hotel is perfectly located to enjoy Boulder. Everything you need is in walking distance and the couple of things we did that were farther away we used the very accommodating hotel van. Corner bar is delightful and food in restaurant was quite good and not expensive.

Nice but over priced
    • Traditional Queen Room

Parking is a pain if you are coming and going with the valet service being an extra expense. In the end, I paid close to $400 a night and was completely underwhelmed. Room window opened to an outside food area which limited its use. Average everything at absolute premium pricing. No regrets but I won't be back.

Location is prime and the real draw

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Under renovation!
    • Traditional Queen Room

Renovation during our stay.

Beautiful hotel online... but under massive renovation. Constant noise, smell of wallpaper paste, trips up and down stairs to het to our room. Would have stayed elsewhere had we known.

Great location for a really tired hotel!
    • Traditional Queen Room

This property is tired. Facilities worn, the staff uninterested and layout impossible. Too bad-as the location is great. Hard to imagine less energy in vibrant Boulder

Great location- the action center of Boulder

Room was nice, but in new addition that absolutely required...
    • Boulderado King Room

Room was nice, but in new addition that absolutely required climbing at least one flight of stairs and then walking nearly a city block inside the hotel from the front desk. Sheets were scratchy -- linens definitely not what you would expect in a top hotel.

Favorite hotel in Boulder
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

No crazy about their redesign of the rooms. They're adding 1930s type of furniture and lighting and I'm not crazy about it.

Lovely historic building. The staff we delightful and the food at the bar was yummy

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Most charming hotel I've seen.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

Room service was excellent and prompt. The bars had a friendly bartender and an interesting (in a good way) atmosphere. The hotel is just dripping with charm and was possibly the best part of our stay

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Only the surface of the room was marred -- by interior...
    • Elegant Suite

Only the surface of the room was marred -- by interior decoration that is so tired. I like to stay in the old section, but the Victoriana is just ugly. I will always stay at the Boulderado when I'm in town, but some day I hope I get to stay in a room where my eye can rest on something lovely.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Delightful place to stay but small rooms mean it isn't great value for money
    • Traditional Queen Room

Like most accommodation in Boulder, it's expensive for what you get. The rooms are certainly on the small side.

Great location, very comfortable rooms, extremely clean. Loved the ceiling in the reception.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Great lication and a beautiful toom
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

Tons of bugs and flys in the room and did not like having to wait for The elevator operator each time we needed a ride to the fifth floor.

Great lication and a beautiful toom

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Disappointing & in need of an upgrade
    • Traditional Queen Room

The decor was in need of a serious up date. The kitchen area was poor with minimal utensils. The bath enamel was coming off and the bathroom door made an awful noise when attempting to close it The breakfast just basic.yogurt granola and coffe I was disappointed and felt the web site pics didn't look like the room we were given.

Staff helpful & friendly A very pretty setting and if we'd been on a trip that was exploring the out doors it probably would have been ideal. Bed linen and room clean

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Good location but overpriced
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

Very expensive for what you get. I imagine you're paying for location, but even so, it's overpriced! Also, it lacks amenities that one finds at average hotels, such as a pool and an elevator that functions without assistance from staff.

Comfortable enough, but nothing out of the ordinary. The interior is beautiful, and it's a unique historic hotel. Its location near the Pearl Street Mall can't be beat.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Two night getaway
    • Traditional Queen Room

Parking is so tight, we had to park a block away and the valet had to come get the car from there, etc, which would've been no big deal, but we were pooped from traveling all day.

Great ambience, nice staff, really good bars/restaurants within the hotel. Perfect location to Pearl street.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Our stay was wonderful and we will share our positive experinence with others.
    • Boulderado King Room

There isn't anything that we didn't like.

We enjoyed our upgraded room as we were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary. The room was great and we enjoyed a glass of wine in the bar before going to dinner. We also enjoyed the complimentary box of candy and the fresh flowers on the table.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Wonderful stay
    • Traditional Queen Room

The parking is tough when it is busy. Only a few spots for the valet and no self parking. When it was not busy it was easy. The valet and bell staff were wonderful. Space limitations of the location is a trade off for the wonderful location of the hotel.

Excellent location to the Pearl Street mall and restaurants. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the restaurant was delicious. The room was clean and comfortable. I will go back.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

A terrific hotel in a terrific town
    • Traditional Queen Room

There was nothing to criticise.

The hotel is in a perfect location right in the centre of town. Our room was immaculate with plenty of space and a huge super king size bed. We'd booked for a single night but were lucky enough to be able extend our stay. Boulder is a welcoming and instantly likeable town with this fine hotel right in the middle. The Hotel Boulderado may cost a little more than others in town but it's well worth paying the extra.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Location, location, location
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

My TV shook when the person next door walked (I stayed in the "newer" section). Very pricey...paid close to $400 including taxes for one night.

LOCATION! Nice size room. Excellent resturants right in the hotel and close by. Easy walking distance to Pearl Street Maill. HIstorical hotel

Located w/in walking distance of everything!

Located w/in walking distance of everything!... great location!

Great location with fabulous staff. Old but well maintained
    • Traditional Queen Room

Room was too small. Limited towels

Comfy bed

Great location for our annual Bolder Boulder 10k run.

Wi Fi

Spruce restaurant. Location.

Great place, great service, great location!
    • Traditional Queen Room

Great breakfast options !!!

Love music great place to stay.

Great location and fabulous restruant.

Perfect location and rooms nice.
    • Traditional Queen Room

The staff was nice but not slow and didn’t seem professionel

Perfect location and rooms nice. Clean, old but charming.

We had a brilliant time and would definitely return!
    • Traditional Queen Room

Wonderful valet staff and quiet, comfy, super clean room.

Nice hotel, helpful staff

Room was way too hot.

Nice hotel, helpful staff

Nice clean central place to stay with character
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

Pillows weren’t soft and would have liked to have a shower rather then shower/tub

Excellent stay, staff are friendly, valet is awesome, food is good and rooms are comfortable.

Historic, location, excellent staff

I’ll be back!
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

I didn’t stay long enough!

Atmosphere and speakeasy

Brilliant
    • Traditional Queen Room

All of the staff were helpful, polite and efficient

The room was so small two of us could barely move around

The room was so small two of us could barely move around

Quirky, quaint & different
    • Traditional Queen Room

The AC made the room very dry

Quirky, quaint & different

Bed was hard and pillow was flat.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Bed was hard and pillow was flat.

Best place to stay in Boulder.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

The light in the bathroom was not working this morning.

Combines the old with the bright and shiny really well.

Excellent stay! Staff amazing! Will stay again!!

Loved it would be back

Enjoyed our stay as usual.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Enjoyed our stay as usual.

Great location for a visit to Boulder

Valet Parking was steep.

Great staff at the restaurant

Excellent hotel, beautifully located in the centre of Boulder with great mountain views.
    • Traditional Queen Room

The weather while I was there!

Everything.

The food

The food

Old, needs investment

Our stay was fantastic.

Staff very helpful & friendly

Location, restaurants, hotel charm.
    • Boulderado King Room

Location, restaurants, hotel charm.

Staff was excellent!

Staff was excellent!!!

Beautious Time!
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

Well, the elevator was tolerable.

Most everything I wanted was within walking distance.

Great hotel with character in a fantastic location.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

Loved everything about this hotel and would definitely come back.

Beautiful historic building.

Beautiful historic building. Great friendly staff. Great location

THE place to stay in Boulder.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Bed Room

Beautiful building, great location, terrific restaurant and lounges. Sarah was an awesome bartender!

Browse Hotel Boulderado traveller photo gallery