2. USA hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Brent House Hotel

Reviews of Brent House Hotel 3 stars

1512 Jefferson Highway, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA

#97 of 164 hotels in New Orleans

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 20 February 2019

We will be back!!!

Nothing. I enjoyed the room and location

I love the fact that the hotel was right in the middle. It didn't take us any time to get to the places we wanted to see.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2019

Quick stay in NOLA

The price in the Booking.com was not the final price. It was not written anywhere that an additional state tax will be added to the price.

The Staff was helpful. The room was clean and big enough, the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2019

Everything, rates could have been better for a 2am checkin...

Normal rates... because of a last-minute booking the rates were decent, but I tried to book at this hotel in advance sometime ago and it was way too high! Oschners is where my GI doctor is located & I live 4 hours away. So it would be convenient on the times that I have a colonoscopy that I could stay there the evening before without being charged an arm and a leg.

Everything, rates could have been better for a 2am checkin but other than that ALL was great!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

The property is in such a weird location and parking is a...

The roach crawling in the hall was a negative and the wet floors in our room

The property is in such a weird location and parking is a nightmare. Rooms were a good size for what you pay. But our ac leaked the entire time and so we had soaking wet floors. Lucky we only stayed in the room to sleep so it wasn’t too bad. Staff was absolutely amazing

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

I will not stay again. It was very clean, but I will not put up with them making false statements.

No HOT WATER, TV Remote did not work. I reported no hot water. Immediately after I reported this, upon checking out, they claim I had a complaint several times of noise. That’s impossible, we’re not loud people. Most of the time in the room we were asleep. I believe they said this because I complained about the hot water. I tried not to complain, manually worked the tv the entire time. I went back and asked the cleaning staff who seam to always be on the floor working, could they hear us, they said no, I asked were we loud, again they said no. Unless the walls are paper thin, there’s no way normal talking is that loud.

The place was clean and fresh smelling.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

Wonderful, just need to update cable.

I like to get away for rest, I enjoy relaxing and watching TV but no cable ,couldn't even watch my Netflix. I work hard and like just to go out of town for peace and quiet that was there but need to update cable.

Room was great, clean and staff was wonderful, before I left home my credit card was stolen and thought I had to cancel my trip but I called the hotel and they took cash that was great I was able to continue my trip.

Clean and comfortable

Getting around on the actual was much harder than a standard hotel because it is part of the hospital complex. No breakfast unless want to buy at hospital cafeteria.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

The staff was nice, the bed extremely comfy and big,...

I wish the AC would have gotten a little colder or there was a fan.

The staff was nice, the bed extremely comfy and big, everything was clean, and there was a pool and hot tub. The vending machines downstairs were also really great.

Very clean.

Could use more pillows....bathroom doors didn't close completely and lock (that's an issue with a 1yr old that loves to open doors)

Very clean. Staff is extremely nice. Not too far away from anything.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2019

This is a nice hotel. If only the staff is as nice as the hotel.

The two ladies at the front desk was not very friendly and did not speak to me even when I said hello. It took for me to stand there and look at them for one to ask if I needed any help. However, she was very pleasant while checking me in. I also did not like how easily I could hear the people walking in the hall. At 7am, I had to listen to a child and her family yelling down the hall and at 8am I had to listen to a train passing by.

I liked the convenience of the location and the check out time.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2019

Enjoyed it will stay again

The front desk staff were super dry at check in and check out. The girls in the cafeteria weren't professional either

The hotel was extra nice. Nicer than we expected. The staff at the front desk were kind of bland and not warm but one guy brought batteries up to our room he was super nice and the cleaning crew always spoke in the hallways and elevators.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2019

That it was actually inside the hospital, never seen...

They didn’t give a discount rate for patients that had appointments that had to travel from out of town, Myself and my son had a 4 hour drive and that’s not counting stopping for a break. My son had to be at their imaging center the next morning at 6:00AM for an MRI of his heart.

That it was actually inside the hospital, never seen anything like it before!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2019

Proximity to hospital.

I stayed here four times, in different rooms. Some rooms needed maintenance. There is no breakfast (you eat in the hospital cafeteria); some nights were noisy; check-in/check-out--desk personnel were very slow. There was no coffee in the lobby in the morning. Depending on the date, I have paid less for a nicer room with a kitchen at another hotel

Proximity to hospital. Beds were comfortable. The atrium/patio was a fabulous area to sit and enjoy the fountain. They have fruit infused water and newspapers downstairs.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2019

See you again in July for our next hospital appointment

The hotel is part of the Oschner Hospital campus and is very convenient when we have to travel with an early morning appointment. The staff is very accommodating if you have several appointment that bring you close to checkout time.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2019

Average with mishaps.

We booked a King Room and ended up with a tiny queen bed. We were so tired after our flight that we didn't complain but I did mention it on check out. Apparently we were upgraded to a suite??? Which consists of a smaller bed than desired and a kitchenette not needed for one night, not sure this is an upgrade? We were not made aware of the room change at check in. To top things off, i was charged an extra $40 compared to what booking.com said I owed. We had a cab waiting outside so I took whatever refund I was given but after evaluating in the cab, I realised I'd still be done out of $10!

The staff seemed friendly. The lady who helped me with my refund was very appologetic regarding our room and wrong payment. However, she still failed to refund me the proper amount unfortunately. Room was clean and hotel was easily reached from the airport. Perfect for what we needed.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2018

I loved how clean the room was, the location, & the...

They had an issue with the hot water. & that we didn't have a blanket of some sort for some odd reason. Thin walls. We heard other guess in their rooms.

I loved how clean the room was, the location, & the staff. Everyone was friendly. & Helpful. My boyfriend & I checked in pretty early. & our room wasnt ready (obviously) but they put us in a room that had a kitchenette.. It was so cute & "homie". We most definitely will be back & we will keep Brent House in mind for the future. We enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2018

Convenient to Uptown area.

No hot water for 24 hours. Entire hotel was out of hot water. Fire alarm went off at 12:45 am. Guest smoking in room set off alarm. No compensation offered for these inconveniences. 😒

Convenient to Uptown area. Clean, safe and not crowded.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2018

At checkout they gave us a “free night” stay!

The tv was not working & had to call the front desk twice to send a tech. There was no hot water for our showers & every day we were told that they would send someone to repair the problem but they never sent anyone up.

It is located inside the Ochsner Hospital & I had hip surgery so super convenient.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2018

A lovely stay considering I was there for surgery.

Not enough towels. There were only 2 bath towels and I usually use one for my hair and one for my body leaving none for my husband.

The location is ideal being connected to the hospital. I had to come from out of state for my surgery. The hotel was well furnished and clean.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2018

The room was even better than the picture.

It was a little confusing getting to the hotel. I didn’t realize prior to arriving that it was attached to the hospital. It wasn’t a big problem though.

The room was even better than the picture. Large, modern, comfortable, and very clean! The curtains kept ALL the light out the next morning. After a late night I really appreciated the extra sleep the next morning! Heat adjusted quickly and wasn’t noisy. Loved it. Will stay again.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2018

I was not disappointed!

I noticed a few things that are starting to wear. Closet door hardware broken and the bathtub finish was damaged. Minor.

My cousin and I were in NOLA for the Elton John concert. I’ve stayed here multiple times and will continue to do so. Reasons? Rates, cleanliness, staff, security, location, FREE parking. One simply can beat it for the value.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2018

Room was fine in a pinch, staff were rude and unhelpful.

Unfriendly staff overall. I had an issue with the price I paid online was different than the price I was charged. Spoke to three different employees who all didn't believe me until they looked into the issue. Each said that the problem would be fixed and they would take care of it, and each time nothing happened and no other member of staff was notified of issue. No communication. Very frustrating.

The room itself was fine. Clean, simple with a nice shower. Worked for a single nights stay.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

overpriced for quality of service but okay for a 1 night stay for people who hsve visited NOLA befor

No hot water in the shower and one of the towels was dirty (had brown stains on it). Walls were thin so got a bit noisy early morning.

Room and bathroom sink area were clean and looked like they had been recently remodelled. Location was safe well lit and had many good lunch/brunch/breakfast options close by.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2018

The room was nice.

Arriving it was 80+ degrees in the room. Maintenance fixed. Then 50 degrees.... no in between. No hot water the next morning. Had no idea the hotel was connected to the hospital. Maybe it was in the description but I didn’t see it and I’m usually really thorough when checking out rooms.

The room was nice. The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2018

Huge disappointment

Even after confirming a late arrival ( after a concert, possibly after midnight), they gave my room away. I spoke to the staff twice in advance since I booked rooms for three groups there. It was a terrible moment when we arrived after the concert to find that our rooms were sold to someone else. They DID accommodate us, but NOT in the rooms we reserved.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2018

Clean and comfortable

I have stayed here before and it is great. Very comfortable and clean. It is close enough to the French Quarters to get an Uber and not pay the high hotel prices.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

Brent House was a lovely hotel with friendly staff and easy access to New Orleans.

Check-in was fine, but not having been there before it was a bit tricky figuring out how to register, where to park and how to access rooms from the parking structure in the back of the property.

Facilities are attached to the hospital, however, it didn't feel that way. Pool area and interior areas were clean, well maintained and full of live plants. Felt like we were staying in a luxury hotel with a solarium. Although the hotel was about 20 mins from Bourbon Street, it was nice to have a quieter location and didn't mind the drive.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

Its a nice hotel though

The price was a little high. They should partner with ochner to give patient discount i will be so much easier to stay there then anywhere else.im down there at least once a month or maybe more i have to stay somewhere else cause of the price

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

A Happy Unexpected Surprise!

I thought it would be weird staying at an hotel inside of an hospital, but its the safest I have ever felt away from home. This will definitely be my Go-To for lodging in New Orleans!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Overall nice Hotel

They charged my credit card 3 different times in 2 days. It was only supposed to be authorized for 1 day until we checked in. All they could offer was a " I'm sorry"

The rooms were nice and comfortable. We had a problem with the air conditioning. It was immediately addressed and fixed.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

A pleasant surprise. I enjoined staying at the location, very convenient.

There was a false alarm while staying at the property and there was a door on the second floor near the elevators that said EXIT but did not actually lead to an exit. It lead to an office building. If it were an actually emergency that would not have been good. We did have a worker though come after the event to help use find the emergency stairwells on the second floor.

I actually liked staying here. There was a full service cafeteria on the property. A beautiful pool with Jacuzzi next to the hotel area. The atrium was a nice sitting place. The entry to the hotel was separate from that of the hospital. On top of that there was a barber shop and a salon on the property. Lastly, there as well as a gift shop with pharmacy. Plus there was free parking.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Great Value!

The lobby and hotel rooms were outdated. There was a bit of a walk to the parking garage, but not a dealbreaker for free parking.

Rooms were clean and staff was great. Decent room for the money. We were looking for a cheap alternative away from the crowd.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The hotel was very affordable, comfortable, and clean.

The fact it was connected to a hospital but not necessarily a con. Breakfast included would b nice

The hotel was very affordable, comfortable, and clean. The pool and hot tub area was really nice.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The rooms were very comfortable and roomy.

It was a great stay. There was nothing negative to say. We were all pleased.

The rooms were very comfortable and roomy. It was family friendly and clean.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Hospital,oh my!!

It was scary with it adjacent to hospital...other than that it was cool. The two elevators just to get to vehicle was scary.

It was very clean. There was fresh water every time I passed the lobby.

The hotel was great.

I didn't realize that this hotel was "a service of Oshners" It was no problem that it was connected to a hospital, but when I went to the front for a question another couple was turned down and their family member was in the hospital, so it made me feel like I stole their room. I feel like if you open it to outsiders you should always have some set aside for family members of loved ones.

I loved the location of the Hotel. Very close to everything. There were lots of options for food etc, The ladies were nice at the front desk, the snack bar at the front was fully stocked and we took advantage of it.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Brent House.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Brent House. I was very surprised at how nice the rooms are. Very comfortable beds and pillows!. Bathrooms are a little small but not bad. The rooms were a great size though. Ate breakfast at the Bristro 42 and it was really good as well.

My husband was hospitalized at Ochsner for major surgery.

My husband was hospitalized at Ochsner for major surgery. The convenience of having a comfortable and clean room within walking distance was a God-send.

My favorite place to stay

Shower went hot to cold, back and forth. It would not stay warm. The pillows were too soft in this room. My previous stay they were great.

The room was very clean and comfortable . The fresh fruit infused water is so refreshing!

Do not disturb

Both times we have stayed here the cleaning ladies beat on your door and wake you up at whatever time they are around your room to see if your still there. When I am sleeping I do not want to be bothered especially when I have a long drive home. It annoys me enough to not use them again.

Every thing was nice and clean. Lots of signs so you know where to go. Free Parking

Beds were soft and comfortable!

It's in a hospital! This was not cool. It's very confusing finding the hotel from the parking garage. You also share the parkimg with a hospital! We hated this!long walk and also very confusing finding the front.you also had to pay for regular channels.

Beds were soft and comfortable!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

It's a nice hotel. About 25 minutes from the French Quarter

Breakfast was at the hospital cafeteria. Was not included like I expected.

Clean room. After leaving the worst hotel I ever stayed at this was like a palace. Hotel is attached to a hospital.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Very Good.

I wish I was informed about the Hotel being connected to a hospital. The pool was never cleaned the whole stay, there was a wire for a pool nightlight hanging out. The hotel staff was aware of this because of multiple patrons told them. The rooms had connecting doors and were much smaller than pictured.

It was an amazing stay. the staff was so helpful and kind. The rooms were was extremely clean. The hotel is honestly in the perfect spot if you're renting a car and even you decide not to it's still not hard to get around. There's a really amazing dinner with great people literally steps away name Dot's Dinner. So inexpensive and very great people. overall I had a decent stay at The Brent House Hotel.

Great stay. CLEAN and Modern

Needs a shuttle to either a street car or downtown. Leave's guest stranded on a highway. No restaurants in safe walking distance. Breakfast vouchers or continental should be offered for the value of a breakfast. The parking garage is the only thing that let's you know it's a hospital. Have to get the elevator to go straight to the hotel from the garage

The pool and hot tub was in a great private and sunny location. Plenty of parking Clean rooms with modern interior The bathrooms have french doors!! Cute The atrium great place to read sip coffee

Would not stay there again knowing what we know now.

It was misleading. We were on our honeymoon and was not aware that the hotel was connected to the hospital. And was 20 min from New Orleans/French Quarters.

The room was ok.

Satisfied!!!

Nothing property was great didn't realize the location from downtown but that was my error.

Clean nice environment comfortable bed and great bathroom.

The bed and the a.

It was just a little different to see the hotel hooked together with the hospital but it wasn't bad!

The bed and the a.c. were amazing it was very clean and I loved loved loved the atrium it was beautiful!!!

I will not book with Brent House anymore.

The description never said anything about the hotel being joined with a hospital. I was in the elevator with people that were sick. The parking was HORRIBLE AND CONFUSING!

The bed was very comfortable.

I will stay at the Brenthouse Hotel anytime I’m in New Orleans for Ochsner Hospital or other busines

It was as excessively cold

It’s a genius idea to have a major hospital connected to a hotel or other overnight facility for family and friends to afford a hotel like this to stay in while supporting loved ones hospitalized at Ochsner Medical Hospital

Loved the location, staff, clean and very large room, and...

The hotel was confusing when you entered from the parking garage. There were no signs directing guests how to access the hotel.

Loved the location, staff, clean and very large room, and the atrium area was nice.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

There is no restaurant - just a cafeteria. It has good food but not much of a selection.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the room nice and clean.

FYI - Part of a hospital. A good deal since it was affordable/clean/safe/comfortable.

I had no idea that this was part of a hospital. It was so bizarre driving up to the hotel and realizing this. When we were walking around in the hotel there would be doctors and patients too. This wasn't a big deal but just surprising as it is not obvious from the hotel listing. The staff that check us in were not friendly at all. They wouldn't even look at us. The TV had limited options - we mainly ended up watching Live PD. Everything else was Spanish soap operas or commercials. One of the parking garage's elevators was out of order so we had to walk through huge puddles to get to the other ones. It was around $10 to use an Uber to get to downtown so probably not the best place to stay if you are staying for a New Orleans vacation.

The room was clean (except for under the bed) and comfortable. The outdoor pool and hot tub were nice. There's a parking garage next to the hotel that you can use for free, you just have to park on level 2 or above. There is a super adorable neighborhood nearby with some great food. If you're in the mood for some great sandwiches, check out The Milk Bar!

The stay was AWESOME...

It was difficult to locate.

The room was beautiful and spacious. The exterior and location did not impact my perspective once I checked into the room. Also, the staff was extremely pleasant.

the room resp.

the room resp. the furniture/appliances in the room were quite old and neglected. The distances from parking to the lobby and the room were quite long and the hotel was not really separated from the hospital/patients as expected. This is actually not a good hotel for foreigners to visit New Orleans since the location is not in a nice neighbourhood and there is no public transportation close by to travel down town or to the French Quarter. Since Uber really works for locals only we had to take a cab to get around which was very expensive.

Just ok.

The bed could have been softer & more than one pillow. Decor of room needs to be updated. Alarm for building kept going off, telling guest to leave premises. No communication from staff letting you know it was a false alarm.

The location was convenient. In room coffee, fridge, micro wave.

Great place!

The 1-inch gap under the door allows a lot of noise to enter the room. There were rude guests that made a ruckus at 2 am and another group that left at 4 am. This activity could be clearly heard.

The room was nice and clean.

Kind of weird that it was attached to a hospital. Didn't realize that when I booked it. Otherwise it was fine.

The room was nice and clean. Location was not too far from the French Quarter, so it was an easy drive.

Really I won’t repeat the hotel.

The location awful Because it’s part of the hospital terrible, you don’t see I sign with the name of the hotel it is very difficult to find out it is a hotel and the parking lot it’s complicatted you have to walk to much after you park to get to the hotel.

It was very nice the rooms and pool.

Comfortable bed.

Hotel actually a hospital. Smells like a hospital, doctors and patients all around. Paper thin walls. No restaurant or room service. Hospital coffee shop only open limited hours. Pathetic cafeteria. Very far from city attractions, spent fortune on uber and taxies. Every Uber driver was lost and had no idea where we were located. No vacation feel at all!

Comfortable bed.

Affordable and clean

Staff never interacted with you. I didn't feel like everything was marked clearly. Yes there were signs and doors were labeled but our Uber got lost Everytime trying to find the hotel and Everytime we exited the elevator we had to refocus where we were in order to go to the exit.

The room was clean, the bathroom doors were difficult to open and the curtain was rusted but everything else was fine.

This place is a hospital.

This is a Hospital. Literally. It’s is attached to the hospital. It smelled like a hospital because it was a hospital. Outdated with RUDE staff.

I was very pleased with the facility especially the proximity to my mom during her hospital stay at

I wish the was a discount for patients at Ochsner or family members staying during medical treatments as does MD Anderson’s Rotary House Hotel in Houston

Great for families while mom was at Ochsner having surgery. We always stay at the Brent House when going through medical procedures

Air condition would not work properly.

Air condition would not work properly. After calling maint. 3 times they finally moved us to another room. Homeless people walking around hotel. staff was RUDE !! Parking was terrible, elevator to rooms from parking garage were broken. Resturant was the HOSPITAL CAFETERIA !!

Average. Way pricey for the amenities. Also take your meals with you. The cafeteria style food sucks

I didn’t like reserving the room through Booking.com. The price was quoted originally at a lower price, but ended up paying full price. Because I booked through the web sight I was unable to use my AARP discount. The hotel also puts a hold on funds for incidentals which won’t be credited back for 2-3 days.

It is connected to the hospital

Our overall experience at the Brent House was surprisingly good.

Access to the hotel is tricky.

We liked the location being a short distance from the CBD and having free parking. It was a nice surprise to discover a cafeteria, coffee shop, and gift shop. The atrium is a beautiful spot where guests take photos.

Nice people okay hotel that needs some updating.

Shower and parking

Staff was fantastic. A bit strange of a place because it is attached to a hospital making it busy for elevators, parking and other things. Showers need to be updated. Beds and bedding were comfortable.

My overall stay was wonderful OTHER than the front desk incident

I was traveling from Texas to this hotel. The parking situation was confusing in addition to no form of warning it was a shared garage. I contacted the front desk to receive confirmation about the parking an they put me on hold to talk about food! She “thought” i was on hold, but i was not. Thankfully a concerned nurse directed my child to the desk to check on. Unprofessional

The room was bigger than I had expected. It gave my son more than enough to stretch out and get comfortable.

Comfortable room with great cleaning staff.

Front desk, when we checked in, was much less than friendly. That was the only negative while we were there. Otherwise, excellent. When we checked out, staff was exceptionally friendly & helpful. First impressions matter. We wondered if we had made a mistake booking here. After that experience, everything changed to the positive. Enjoyed our stay.

Everything but the check-in.

Overall it was amazing on the inside looks just like it does on the website.

I was really confused when looking for the hotel had no idea it was connected to the hospital which is Great!. But if I didn’t go inside I would have called and canceled my reservation. The outside was not what I was expecting my Mom always said don’t judge a book by its cover. I loved It! Great Staff !

I love the decor and the room was great!

We will definitely be back when going to New Orleans.

Better parking signage.

Clean facilities, friendly and helpful staff. Only five minutes from a major shopping area with lots of restaurants. The building is very easy to see from a distance. Our room was large and comfortable.

Pleased

Far from French quarter

The property was clean and since it is primarily a part of the hospital there was a cafe barber and beauty shop pool and hot tub.

We would consider staying again if the rate was cheaper.

Walls are paper thin. We got little to no sleep. Room wasn't dirty by any stretch but could've been cleaner.

Nice staff, very comfortable bed/pillows

Ripped off

The front desk staff on both day crew and night crew were so rude and unprofessional conduct while dealing with them. They will lie straight to your face just to make you go away so they may go back to playing on their cell phones

Bed was comfortable, it’s 10 minutes from Bourbon street and...

Bed was comfortable, it’s 10 minutes from Bourbon street and other attractions. Very quiet and good. Staff is awesome, was always there to answer any question. It looks so beautiful!! The hot tub was great also!!

We booked the hotel online only to discover at arrival that this is a HOSPITAL.

This place is a HOSPITAL. It shares an entrance, lobby, and building with an actual hospital. We walked through what looked like a broken down hospital wing to get to our room, which was clearly a renovated hospital room.

The room had a roof over it.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Brent House Hotel traveller photo gallery